[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 46 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 155752705_1_1.jpg (807 KB, 1723x1332)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
I'm a former neet currently picking fruit in France and bored out of my mind, AMA.
Red slug unrelated.
>>
>>2216845
What are the best&worst parts of the job, Anon.
I worked outside a few summers. It's a lot more rewarding than some people think.
>>
>>2216845
What country did you immigrate to france from ?
>>
EAT IT
>>
SLUG STIR FRI FAGGOT
>>
>>2216845
le slug, le snail, bon apetit
>>
>>2216845
>>2207899
Hmm
>>
>>2216845
Who normally picks fruit in France? Who are your Mexicans that you exploit for cheap labor to appease rich people?
>>
>>2217167
muslims from the south
>>
>>2217172
I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my ass and I slap my nuts
>>
>>2217174
Thank you sir for the good laugh I just had.
>>
>>2217191
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXxDbqJuCX8&ab_channel=yeetthins
>>
>>2216850
>best
You're outside and you get to do your shit without being bothered most of the time.

>worst
Going up the ladder with cold hands in the morning sucks.

>>2217093
Yup, same dude.

>>2217167
Poles.
>>
>>2216845
Work hours + wage + benefits?
Most NEETs I know are permanently on the verge of killing themselves. Do you have less depression and more self worth?
>>
>>2217324
You didn't reply to my question.
>>
>going all the way to france
>just to be a Mexican
The only thing im going to france for is to creampie as much liberated french pussy as i can
>>
>>2217346
What was your question, mate?
>>
>>2217373
Tbf if you're somewhat social competent you can get plenty of pussy here, it's mostly people in their twenties and lots of booze and drugs, plus most chicks are that rather hippy type.
>>
>>2217373
>>2217447
I hope you like them extra hairy and stinky.
>>
>>2217498
>extra hairy and stinky
I haven't checked either but they do look the part. Dreads are common too.
>>
>>2217444
Check the questions asked, minus the ones you answered.
>>
>>2216851
>>2217638
Poortugal.
>>
>>2216845
Don't eat that.
>>
>>2216845
Are you the anon that told us you got a job picking fruit a month ago?
>>
>>2217806
see >>2217093
and >>2217324
>>
>>2217631
I fucking hate women
>>
>>2217631
Better hold your breath, boi.
>>
>>2216845
DId you actually say which fruit you were picking?
>>
>>2217817
He is picking apples
>>
>>2217817
I guess that's probably better than strawberries at any rate
>>
>>2217812
>>2217816
I'm a shut in retard that keeps to and dines by himself while all others are socializing, plus I just want to chill, pick fruit and make bank so there's like zero chance of landing some snatch. And on top of that I look like a fucking hobo kek.

>>2217828
It's quite easy actually, if you aren't a total sack of lard you job isn't that demanding physically, albeit some people think it is.
>>
How do you get this job as an international? Im a NEET right now and will do anything if it gets me out of my parents basement
>>
>>2218192
A bud hooked me up but liik for fruit picking groups on Facebook.
>>
File: 155702726.jpg (3.53 MB, 4160x3120)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
Bros I think I screwed upon a truly remarkable/out/istic fashion
I set off on foot to visit this park with a supposedly nice french chateau and now it began to rain and I have no gear whatsoever lmao..
If any frenchfag is on the countryside and wants to help a buddy pleasr say so. Pic related.

>Mfw I still have a 25km walk ahead of me.
>>
File: 161931587.jpg (4.13 MB, 4160x3120)
4.13 MB
4.13 MB JPG
France's countryside a cute.
>>
>>2217167
Mostly Bulgarians over here, some are ok. We've had a few african refugees for a few days but these lazy fucks brought stools to carry around harvesting grapes, and those are the ones that actually bothered to show up. France will literally pay you to train and work in vineyards but people would rather live like neets.

>>2218192
>How do you get this job as an international?
Where are you from? Can you get a work visa to France?
>>
>>2218312
It's easy as fuck to get a picking job in France, they take in every fucking one but NEETanons need to be aware that some work and living environments are rather rough and substance abuse is rampant.
>>
would it be worth it migrate to france to live comfortably as a neet and sometimes pick fruit for extra cash? I live in a decent and peaceful EU country but being a NEET is impossible here unless you get autismbucks and even then you would need some other source of income. my parents dont have a basement so thats not an option.
>>
File: 180545815_1.jpg (3.07 MB, 3809x2804)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
Frenchbros not like this.
>>
>>2219099
How do you plan to be a NEET in France? I'll be only making like 1500€ for 3 weeks of work, you can't go far with that unless you do it regularly.
If you plan to pick fruit then your best bet is to get yourself a cheap van and move around from job to job and chill out in some country roads in the meantime.
>>
>>2217654
>Poortugal.
You are the anon who keeps posting about fruit picking who is getting 10€/hr right?
Well, that's better than staying here in Portugal only getting 40€/day.
Only did 3 days this year. But that was enough to get tired, I'm getting old and lazy.

Good luck NEET anon!
>>
>>2219177
Hey that's me man, at first I said I was Romanian or something ahah.
What did you go for, amigo?
Picking apples have been surprisingly good, living abroad for the first time has been far more challenging but a couple more weeks and home we go.

Obrigado bro, um abraço.
>>
>>2219186
>What did you go for, amigo?
Did 3 days just finishing some pear picking that was left.
Live in an area with lots of pear and apple production (Oeste).
120€ for 3 days, Poortugal salaries suck, but it's still better money than some minimum wage job.
>>
>>2219209
Cheers man, being abroad despite the money being better it's not only roses, living conditions aren't the best and expenses go up considerably but it is what it is, I'll try to find something close by when I'm back home.
>>
Working under heavy rain sucks balls big time.
>>
>>2219575
Podes tentar nord Itália. A cultura e mais parecida que a Espanha - e os salários líquidos são €1200-1300 começando com um trabalho simples em uma fábrica.

Um apartamento em uma cidade pequena vais pagar 400€ ao mês. Consegues ter aí 300-400€ para gastar ao fin do mês.

T. Alentejano
>>
>>2220473
Vou voltar uns tempos para PT antes de tentar algo novo fora de portas.
>>
France has been good for hitchhiking, bros.
>>
>>2216845
How are the French girls in the countryside?
>>
>>2223570
Hairy and very stinky. French women are a big 0/10 for me.
>>
>>2223570
Few and very difficult to come by, saw a legit 10/10 Frank goddess a week ago, that I can tell you.
As for french people in general stereotypes are kinda true, they can't into English at all and so far I would say they're generally very rude, impatient and somewhat arrogant.
Of the many lifts I've cought so far, only once the driver was French, non natives and tourists are much more likely to stop.
>>
Bros the picking is almost done, another week tops, what next? I can't go back to being a neet.
>>
Also more than a working experience this entire thing of going abroad and living in a shared house with dozens of people has proved itself a valuable life experience, and has shown once again the huge inability I have to connect with others.
It gave me lots to think about and how much I need to fix my shit and rethink the way I'm going.
>>
Me apuesto el culo a que eres español
>>
>>2224459

Traveling always feels better to me. Even though I'm a misanthrope who's probably doomed to be alone, traveling provides a constant novelty factor where I can meet new people and spend time in new places without feeling pigeonholed as a weirdo. Report back if you ever find a way to change yourself, maybe there's still hope
>>
>>2224454
What are you interested in and what is your past work experience in?
>>
>>2224530
>traveling provides a constant novelty factor where I can meet new people and spend time in new places without feeling pigeonholed as a weirdo.
Definitely can relate to that.
Life changes and maybe, and hopefully, we will all make it some day.

>>2224590
High school dropout that never managed to find what interests me. Other than the outdoors.
>>
File: Das Boot.jpg (388 KB, 1115x1442)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>2216845
Arrête de glander espèce d'énergumène
Where are you in France ?
>>
>>2224989
Nouvelle Aquitaine
>>
>>2224760
Get a shitty manual labor job and go to school for an /out/ degree.
>>
>>2225115
>go to school for an /out/ degree.
There's a million kids with a fresh brain doing the same, I'm a washed up 30yo boomer, it's either going around picking fruit from place to place or get some factory job and wage the rest of my younger years away.
>>
>frogbros are now stopping when I'm asking for a lift
Based and welcoming pilled.
Cheers to the cool couple that spoke English and to the really old lady that picked me.
>>
>>2224993
Belle région, t'as de la chance
>>
>>2216845
Are you the guy who posted about getting the job a while ago? If so I hope you're doing well.
>>
>>2226473
Je parle fuck all french but it's indeed a beautiful region.

>>2226664
I think I am, bro. And yes I'm doing well, I'm considering hitchhiking to northern France this weekend. Cheers.
>>
>Happiness only real when shared
Yeah McCandless was right.
>>
>>2227436
>Yeah McCandless was right
The mentally unstable transsexual incel that hid alone in an abandoned tour bus in the woods until he died of starvation? He wouldn't know anything about happiness lol.
>>
>>2227451
Cope. Also I'm just saying I share the same sentiment, I'm aimlessly walking around a large city and while the novelty is interesting I can't feel true enjoyment, like something is missing.
>>
>>2227455
You mean cope like... throwing a tantrum and hiding in the woods until you starve to death, instead of confronting your problems and trying to make your life better? Or did you mean cope in some other way.
>>
>>2227457
I meant you're coping when you try to dismiss his point simply because who he was.
>>
>>2227459
So you're claiming that someone that failed out of life and somewhat intentionally starved themselves to death, is an admirable role model? I think you need to sit down and reevaluate, well, everything.
>>
>>2228266
>So you're claiming that someone that failed out of life and somewhat intentionally starved themselves to death, is an admirable role model?
No, I'm not claiming anything even remotely close to that. I'm saying he was write when he said that happiness is only real when shared, to a certain point.
>>
Bros how the fuck don't I get cold numb fingers in the morning? I wear gloves but they get wet and for a couple hours it's a huge discomfort.
>>
>>2217174
chuckled a little. Thanks man, I think I needed it
>>
>>2217498
fuck don't get me started. Love them bohemian bushes
>>
>>2229353
maybe throw some cheap surgeons glove over a glove liner
>>
>>2229673
>cheap surgeons glove over a glove liner
I don't think they would hold for long.
>>
>>2229353
Divers wear latex gloves under wetsuit gloves just to prevent evap cooling in cold weather if you take the outer gloves off. (or reduce, more than prevent). I don't know that it'd be useful for camp though.
>>
It's over bros, job's done! Thanks to all for the advice and comments, cheers frens.
>>
Fuck, I'm already feeling nostalgic, France was pretty kind to me.
>>
>>2219186
Where do you sleep?
French anon here.
>>
>>2235343
>Where do you sleep?
I lived on one of the shared houses available on the farm.
>>
>>2235389
Were there actual frogs working with you or only foreigners? Also can you share some of the fb groups where you can find such jobs?
>>
>>2235394
I worked with a couple frogs, but they didn't lived there with us, a few were living the whole van lifestyle.
search les saisonniers agricoles on facebook, it has 90k+ members and there's job offers regularly.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.