[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 121 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fjallraven vidda.jpg (16 KB, 474x474)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Recommend me some good good out pants, Im sick of these overrated memes like Fjallraven:

1. pockets always open by themselves and are low volume
2. retarded placement of dexteritiy small pockets on the wrong side
3. no ammount of stretch in material or stretch panels - very uncomfrotable when worn for a long time and impossible to do full ammount of movement
4. poseur image

Tell me what just works, price is not the limit if they work - reliable pockets and comfort are prime
>>
>>2216713
ppl here seem to be partial to this 511tactical.com
>>
>>2216713
I own a pair of those viddas. I don't seem to have the problems you have. Are you sure you're not just a spastic retard? Or an advertising shill?
>>
File: 1471747711536.jpg (192 KB, 960x639)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>2216713
I completely agree on the Fjallraven pants. Terrible design and the fabric is completely overshadowed by stretch cotton blends.

I wore these for a two week stay in Egypt doing all kinds of shit and they were great in the hot sun. Also pretty water resistant and they wash really well. All around one of my favorite pairs of pants I've ever owned and I am a real pants snob.
https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/levon-pant

Alternatively, I'd recommend just about any range/tactical pants that have a stretch fabric and are from a reputable brand like Arc'Teryx LEAF. Pants are one of those pieces of clothing that you really need to try on though.
>>
>>2216745
>the fabric is completely overshadowed by stretch cotton blends.

What on earth were they thinking, polycotton is durable but probably the least comfortable blend you can have, every outdoor activity requires squating and a lot of leg movement etc. Why are these so popular anyway?

>https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/levon-pant

I already have similar 5 pocket pants, Im really looking for something with cargo pockets on the thighs, thanks anyway

>>2216737
>I don't seem to have the problems you have. Are you sure you're not just a spastic retard?

You cant possibly by happy with the ammount of movement they offer, not to mention that in slightly hotter weather they breathe horribly
>>
>>2216713
If you don't buy Arcteryx, you're a poseur. That's why loggers wear them, and linemen and surveyors and people who go /out/ for a living.
>>
>>2216752
I don't wear viddas to the ball, I wear them when I'm going to be in thick brush or traveling off trail for most of the day, and I don't want my legs tore up. If I am doing something that requires climbing or lazing around camp, I have OR Ferrosis that stretch plenty.
>>
>>2216713
First lite corrugate guide pants
>>
>>2216753
>no hunting gear
Yeah, nah. Call me a poser, idgaf.
>>
>>2216772
>If I am doing something that requires climbing or lazing around camp, I have OR Ferrosis that stretch plenty.

I get your point, but Im looking for something not as hard as a Vidda, and significantly harder than a softshell pant, like a Vidda with 1 or 2% elastane, softshell pants are quite fragile and Ferrosis has too little of pocket space.
>>
File: goodnites4.jpg (58 KB, 700x467)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>
>>2216753
>Arcteryx
Your mean the /r/streetwear brand? Why would you wear that trash when you're /out/?
>>
>>2216753
>If you don't buy Arcteryx, you're a poseur.

hipster oneupmanship brand even more than fjall good but totally overrated
>>
>>2216854
Because I have money and want the best
>>
>>2216753
>That's why loggers wear them, and linemen and surveyors and people who go /out/ for a living
Anon, those people wear Carhartts, Dickies or regular ass blue jeans. They don't wear overpriced glamping pants for larpers. Have you actually ever met a blue collar person or did you just believe the ads for your overpriced shitpants at face value?

t. Electrician
>>
File: pantsu.png (187 KB, 753x680)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>2216713
these are CAT workwear "trademark" pants
>they have kneepad pockets
>tool pouch pockets
>durable but not too heavy
>lots of color options
all the bells and whistles of some meme-ravens but only $60
>>
File: 1622968344439.jpg (35 KB, 640x646)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Anybody have recommendations for pants for €100? Or at that price point does it really matter.
>>
They work fine for me.
>>
>>2216713
try this one
they have a US shop now
>>
Duluth Trading Co. Flex firehose cargo work pants. Good pockets, very comfortable, incredibly durable. I believe there is a sale on them right now too
>>
>>2217908
Would you say those are good for bushwacking? I have a job that requires walking through straight brush, thorns and all. Lots of bending over, crouching, shimmying over logs and whatnot.
I need something that won't leave my legs tore up from rose bushes.
>>
>>2217963
Absolutely. I have only managed to tear one pair of mine, and it was only when I dropped my motorcycle on my leg and a jagged piece of metal caught them, and even then it was a small tear. Otherwise they have taken everything I've thrown at them. I know Duluth also sells a pair I believe they call Firehose Briar that has an additional layer of nylon to add tear resistance but I have no personal experience with them. I dont think they are much more expensive so it might be worth trying out
>>
>>2216713
I have been using the Men's Quandary Pants from patagonia for my last few summer backcountry treks. I was happy with how light and breathable they were until my most recent trip where some branches put a hole on them. Also not happy with the pocket placement. They served me well for a while though. Also got them at the outlet for half off, so maybe that was more worth it than full price.

Really light and breathable which was great for long hikes.
>>
File: Ars Arma.png (399 KB, 459x621)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>2216713
>>2217028
Get some Ars Arma/Voin combat pants, they come with built in kneepads and are comfy
>>
>>2217908
>Duluth Trading Co. Flex firehose cargo work pants

canvas + 3% spandex with a crotch patch - those seem really smart

>>2218028
these seem really smart, pocket placements seem really well thought out and stretch panels are on the knees and the crotch to compensate for them being made out of polycotton
>>
>>2218028
Out of stock :^/
>>
File: 1632177949768.jpg (152 KB, 699x548)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>2216753
All I need to know who a poser is this >>2216787, but I've never seen arcteryx outside of downtown and youtube.
>>
File: 1632020015532.png (1.44 MB, 970x975)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
It's 100° here most of the year, what pants are thin enough to keep me cool, and tough enough to not rip. Camo preferred since I need hot weather hunting pants.
>>
>>2216753
lol
double lol
Arcteryx is for people with more money than experience or sense. It's the equivalent of biking in Tour d'France gear down your suburban cul-de-sac on your $4000 larp bike. You don't need it, and you look like a clown to anyone with a lick of sense.
t. another electrician

>>2216713
5.11 made the best out pant I've ever had. Super comfy. Stretches just enough, roomy, muh pockets, muh olive drab, good seams, have worn it for a few years constantly, including backpacking trips, and it looks nearly new. Lightweight too, dries quick. Fucking magic. I'm done looking for a different brand at this point.
Most people doing rough stuff out wear Carhartt or something along those lines. Rough canvas; anything less just wears out quickly. All my Carhartt pants rip out at the crotch after 12mo of use it seems, so I don't know if I can recommend them. I run through them too quickly, the material just doesn't have quite enough stretch/give for the constant up/down of work.
Was unimpressed by Duluth's options for workwear. We have one right next to the 5.11 store. I go to 5.11 for anything non-work related.
>>
The Denali brand pants they sell at Costco are top tier. I use them for everything. Looks like I'm wearing rainbow pants when hiking because they're the same I wear using paints and stains around the house.
>>
>>2216713
haglofs rugged mountain seems are indestructible
>>
File: PSX_20210927_180357.jpg (1.14 MB, 1920x1280)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>2216713
>>
>>2216713
Wrangler cargo pants are all I've ever needed.
Get 1 waste size up though.
>>
>>2217908
Thank you for letting me know I picked up some firehose flex ultimates with kneepad pockets for $60. I need women's pants with room for testicles because I'm dummy thicc from squats and Duluth is the closest I can get because of the crotch gusset.
>>
>>2219014
You wear these over pants, tho
>>
File: 63002782.jpg (117 KB, 842x2000)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2216713
Snickers
any time
tough enough for work, tough enough for /out/ been wearing then going on a decade now
also, get knee pads, fuck its so nice
i can see how someone might not like the flappy side pockets, i got used to them at work so for me its not weird
>>
>>2219112
>snickers
>any time
>nothing personal, kid
It's just pants, man.
>>
>>2219122
i am literally wearing a Snickers "37.5" shirt right now
>>
>>2219109
I'm not tranny posting you retard. You've never seen a man cursed with with a stocky knee to hip area before? You just can't find pants for shit since everyone makes pants for twinks or parachutes for lardasses. This has only gotten better recently in the few years or so I make sure other dudes who have the same problem know that these are good for them. It's like when those Tumblr hippopotamuses all screech on their HAES blog when they find something they can squeeze into other than a mumu or a lapband surgery.
>>
>>2219129
>claims to wear women's pants for "ball room" despite ball room being non existent in women's pants
>calls others a retard
>gets upset when called out for being a tranny
YWNBAW
>>
I bought my second pair of
UA Tactical Enduro Cargo Pants

https://www DOT amazon DOT coooom/Under-Armour-Tactical-Enduro-Cargo/dp/B089D6W7TX

They are great, and look good enough to be worn casually. Great fit, great pockets, love them.
>>
>>2219194
Post your first pair.
>>
Does anyone have the 511 zip off pants, and know how the pockets hold up?
Ive tried a few different brands for my fishing pants, but the mesh pockets always end up ripping.
Ive tried a couple generic brands as well as columbia
>>
>>2216753
Never even heard of em, none of the surveyors here use them. Are they thick and resistant to getting fucked up by briars? I just go cheap on pants since they will end up torn anyway. I'd only ever buy good pants if I knew I was going to be out of the woods and wetland for weeks.
>>
>>2219606
>$300+
Holy fuck no thank you. Surveyors don't get paid enough to tear pants worth of hundreds of dollars per pair kek.
>>
Score some Prana (((Zions))) on the cheap. I bave been happy with my Varuperkele cargo pants (mine are camo but they come in solids too)
>>
>>2219031
>Wrangler cargo pants are all I've ever needed.

cargo with 2% spandex! based!

>>2219194
>no cargo pockets

meme all you want, but cargo pockets are basically essential for out pants
>>
>>2216753
based, seething poor fags ITT
>>
>>2216713
There are some zip off pants on REI that have an s elastic waist band, which seems extremely comfortable as you can avoid your bag rubbing into your belt and then chaffing your hips badly. But they’re fucking $90
>>
File: 8-72XKw0.jpg (322 KB, 1280x1600)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>
>>2219111
why not they are made from cotton
>>
>>2219620
>97% Nylon | 3% Elastane
>>
>>2219112
Looks cool, where to get it? what's it called?
I'm noob, idk I have always worn those normal jeans and cargo all my life.
>>
>>2218442
BDUs
>>
>>2219129
Have you ever seen a woman with pants you fucking fatass? You can practically see their pussies with how tight they are around the crotch/ass
>>
>>2220649
I'm reading the other post as having room for wider hips and butt plus room for his nuts.
Besides everyone in thread should take the make your own clothes pill and add whatever features they want cause they made it themselves
>>
>>2220529
I just did a quick search on google to find an image of the pants. Turns out it´s the wrong pair of pants...The pants I´m talking about have Cargo Pockets...Fuck Google Images, I swear...
>>
>>2220685
>>2219194
>UA Tactical Enduro Cargo Pants

100% poly. no stretch. worst of all worlds. into the trash. wrangler cargo with 2% elastene seems superior
>>
>>2220710
Just wear yoga pants already.
>>
Just wear jogging pants and crocs like a chad!
>>
I’ve got three pairs of the same Jack Wolfskin shorts which I wear for everything. My legs get uncomfortably warm when hiking in trousers - even if it’s the middle of the Scottish winter and I’m up a Munro - so now I’m totally post-trouser. The shorts are great - quick-drying, comfortable and with excellent pocket placement.
>>
>>2220710
>No Stretch
Hamplanet detected.
>>
>>2216713
Dedicated pair of rugged jeans. A pair of loose-fitting, tough pair of jeans seems to ventilate and last longer than plastic trousers.
>>
File: cotton belt.jpg (261 KB, 1100x1100)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
Guys, guys, guys, I think Ive figured it out!!???

I literally just changed the belt from a leather one to a cotton belt with a clip! They are so much comfortable now, belt deforms far more so they stay in place when you squat, unlike the leather belt
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (47 KB, 400x400)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>2218419
I bought a pair of Voin pants and they're pretty cheap yet great
>>
>>2216713
I like these. they aint cheap but they are pretty bombproof and last for years with some nice bells/&whistles like phone pocket, beefier cuffs/seems etc...they are quiet but highly abrasion resistant blow thru any bush- slow to get wet for cotton pants
>>
Lundhags Makke Pro
>>
>>
>>2222294
>>
>>2220735
your 'celebrity' should improve his fitness, he is too young to be that obese
>>2222126
>>2222294
You posted blanked pictures, please post the pants you meant to
>>
>>2222295
>>
>>2222136
>I like these.

Cool.

WTF brand are they?
>>
>>2218568
I will second OP for 5.11, in spite of my dislike for their style. I wear them for work (I'm a cop), and they are surprisingly durable for how light the material is.
>>
File: Voin pants.jpg (324 KB, 1080x1114)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>2222296
>blanked pictures
Don't know what you mean by that, I bought these pants on greyshop for a hundred twenty bucks
Better than (((crye))) which cost twice as much
>>
>>2218568
I've only ever gone for Carhartt because I work for a home reno business that gets a 20% discount. Their stuff burns out so fast.
>>
>>2222312
You're posting nothing in your pictures
except the last has a camera guy.
>generic jeans
Okay
You're buying crye knock-offs for still half-price ?
>>
>>2222304
I can say the opposite of this. I wore 5.11 pants as a mechanic and they were worn out with holes in them within 6 months. At the one year mark they ripped down the taint whole I was squatting under a rack. I've had some of their belts and two pairs of their boots. Everything 5.11 makes has failed me within a year of purchase. They spend more time shoving their backpacks into video games than on actually making quality products.
>>
>>2222349
will disagree on the belt part
I have been using one to hold a tree up for almost a decade now, of constantly being in the sun. The 'coyote' is now a very bleached tan, but it hasn't snapped or anything from load bearing
>>
>>2219194
>>
>>2222298
https://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/rydr-pant/
>>
>>2223046
I really like the Kuhl renegade rock pants, I pretty much wear them every time I go climbing and frequently do fairly long approach hikes. Super lightweight and breathable with some really nice sidepockets that keep my phone snug even on overhung climbs. They definitely don't seem like the most durable option since the material is pretty thin and airy, but I love them
>>
>>2216946
That shit falls apart in 5 mins.
I ran. CAT machinery parts dpt and refused to stock these because they were a pain in the ass.
Basically free pants for life because the seams would blow out after a couple of months and I’d have to fill out a warranty form every time to replace them.
Also pockets fall off.
>>
>>2216753
>poseur
work in forestry in Canada. most foreman and crew bosses wear fjallraven because of the pockets and inseam design. Noone is larping, its a functioal, high quality designed pair of pants that lasts.
>>
I just wear jeans. They're nu-jeans so they stretch plenty and are comfortable and have the added bonus of not looking retarded.
>>
>>2216936
I can confirm this. A pair of Wrangler jeans will cover almost any situation. People just love to spend money. Like all these YouTuber channels that have nothing but gear videos. People actually like consuming more than outdoors.

I'm a machinist and you would be bullied if you showed up to work wearing that shit.
>>
going to thrift store what are good female /fa/shion that's functioning for winter survival?
>>
>>2224265
No answers to find here, just go to the store.
>>
>BROOOO I NEED TACTICAL PANTS TO /OUT/ IN
This board is just filled with pathetic larpers now. I own two pairs of Crye combat pants, one AC's, the other Gen 3's. Fucking meme. I owned the vidda pro's. Absolute fucking meme.

Btw, to you retards who think 50/50 ripstop is the end-all-be-all material, you're retarded. Softshell pants are the best. Even Crye moved to softshell material for their Gen 4's.
>>
>>2224278
>buys shitty meme pants
>several
>projects regret as aggression towards others
What is your point? That you are retarded?
>>
File: 20210903_092413.jpg (3.33 MB, 2944x2208)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
>>2216713
Arborwear makes some decent stuff. Cut to move in and durable.
>>
>>2216713
https://ufpro.com/us
Bit expensive, bought the
P-40 all terrains very good so far stretchy in the back and pockets have elastic compartments inside so your shit doesn't move around
>>
>>2224307
>useless and too many zippers everywhere to ensure every grain of sand or sawdust gets inside your pants
>wide beltloops because 'belt stability' but not more than 5 unlike actual work pants
>inner thigh pockets only wide enough for pens but will more often hold water/dirt
>tactical model locking in his knees, demonstrating that it's just an act
Not very impressive
>>
>>2224289
He's telling the people ITT to not do the same mistake he did. Are you dumb?
>>
>>2224313
>useless and too many zippers everywhere to ensure every grain of sand or sawdust gets inside your pants
not much sand here and I rarely deal with sawdust so not an issue for me
the vertical zippers are pretty useless, haven't used em so far
>wide beltloops because 'belt stability' but not more than 5 unlike actual work pants
I've only worn an underbelt with these and it was stable as hell
>inner thigh pockets only wide enough for pens but will more often hold water/dirt
"knife pocket" no counterargument there, the are pretty fucking retarded, especially when they made the pockets reinforced for knife pocket clips
>tactical model locking in his knees, demonstrating that it's just an act
he is a slovenian and doesn't know better
>>
>>2217474
Yup, good quality stuff!
>>
>>2224330
>insults everyone
>no he's just targeting specific people without mentioning them
>obviously
>>
>>2224340
>entire thread are larpers
>expect /out/ people to not insult them
Larper detected!
>>
>>2224349
>continues to project
You be you, man
>>
File: lundhags authentic.jpg (2.91 MB, 3840x5760)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
>>2224278
>Softshell pants are the best.

Great comfort but they rip ridiculously easy also falmes + bad for cargo pockets since too much stretch makes anything in your pockets swing like crazy. Ideal material for everything would be 64/34 polycotton with 2% elastane or spandex. Why fjallraven doesnt have a bit of stretch is beyond my explanation.

Pic rel are excellent in comfort but way to thin on the ass and knee - its a panel material design
>>
>>2224266
What kinda stuff should I look for?
>>
>>2224549
>no answers, just shop
means just go and figure it out
a thrift store is a place where you figure out what they have, you don't go in expecting
Just get long underwear for a base layer, and something strong as an outer
>>
British dpm. either desert or forest.
>>
>>2222136
Can confirm. very durable. very comfortable. A little warm for summer but perfect every other season. Roomy enough for long underwear underneath
>>
>>2224307
why not the p40-urban? I don't own any UF Pro gear but it lookes more suited for the outdoors and hiking than something that looks clearly like it is worne by doorkickers.
Not trying to be a dick.I'm geniunly curriouse anon.
>>
>>2222136
>they are quiet
This is important...especially for hunting. I hate hearing the swishswish of some dork in synthetic pants larping down the trail
>>
File: 795a.jpg (240 KB, 487x800)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
I usually wear pic related when i'm /out/ because i'm a poor motherfucker and they are cheap and have decent durability and pockets as long as you don't mind looking a bit autistic. I'd like to get something thicker for when I have to climb through shit like blackberry thickets though, these things protect decently against regular brush but don't hold up very well to actual thorns.
>>
>>2224954
where do yoy live that you have thorns that would destroy the dense cotton flecktarn?
>>
File: thicc.jpg (200 KB, 1280x722)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>2224961
pic related is the kind of stuff I'm talking about, often you gotta really climb in there to get to the best producing berry spots
It doesn't really destroy the pants, it's just the thorns poke through the fabric easily and then break off in it and you gotta stop and pick them out all the time. Maybe I need to get some extremely heterosexual leather pants or something for it, I dunno.
>>
>>2217963
I have only ripped mine while crossing barbed wire fence, and most any pant will rip on those. I did order some of their briar pants, but they were on backorder. The reviews sounded solid and they seem like they will work for me doing field work and bird hunting.
>>
>>2216752
>>2216772
My experience- a tight weave poly cotton is a great fabric. It is light and cool in the heat but it is a tight enough weave to block wind. Having said that it pains me to spend $100+ on something that will very likely get absued and eventually torn.

I'm coming around to just going with cheap denim and replacing them and wearing them out with imputiny.
>>
>>2216713
Swedish m90 field trousers. Super rugged pants great in heavy bush. I've personally worn them in all different types of environments.

Order them off of flecktarn dot co dot UK for like 70 bones can't go wrong
>>
I wear acid wash jean dungarees. Tough enough and the front pocket is proper handy.
>>
So is 100% nylon, poly-something a bad idea?
>>
>>2216713
Cactus outdoor.
Hand made in NZ.
Bulletproof material and construction.
>>
>>2226502
I have these. Well, almost none of them on the market are actual surplus, but whatever. They are decent. Maybe too thick for summer. I wore them out for a six mile hike in pouring rain and moisture never got through. I was very surprised.
>>
>>2218028
>buy a counterfeit product, it's good
>>
>>2217908
Some real comfy ass pants.
>>
>>2224972
this is how tick paradises look alike
>>
Sometimes it is the the most unexpected things that makes me choose clothing. I usually hate buying expensive clothing that will get hard wear and tear, but the tight weave poly cotton (like G1000) does one thing that I cant find in any other fabric- it does not pickup spanish needles. I know it sounds minor but for me any fabric that will keep the spanish needles off is worth its weight in gold. It is ultimately just convenience but I genuinely hate picking off hundreds or thousand of those things.
>>
austrian surplus trousers are good, nice OD green and rugged asf
>>
>>2220625
Snickers flexiwork, i get mine at hultafors group, you might need to order online if your not scandinavian
>>
>>2223134
My kuhl pants suck the snap on them doesn't work worth a damn they won't stay snaped
>>
>>2229123
where to get them?
>>
>>2223134
Where do I buy these in Europe? Why the fuck do amerisharts get all the good stuff. Can't even find a proper Gregory backpack in here.
>>
What are some good breathable pants for hiking? It's hot and humid as fuck where I live.
>>
File: konfidant.jpg (22 KB, 367x768)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>2229448
Normally I hate paying full price but I grabbed a pair of Kuhls last year and they've been worth every penny. The breath and the back of the knee vents work pretty well. I think I got the Konfidant's
>>
>>2229148
go a size up or wear a belt, it sounds like you're too fat for the snap to work (no offense)
>>
I bought a pair of tan pants from walmart that had a mountain as the logo for 15 bucks and it's the the best pair of pants I've had for /out/ activities. they're breathable have long pockets so things wont fall out and sheds mud/sand with ease
>>
>>2216946
Those suck ass in the summer heat.
>>
For summer I like Prana stretch zion convertible pants and for the rest of the year I wear fjallraven keb gaiters or himali flex guide pants.
Also I have a pair of arcteryx beta ar pants for really inclement weather.
>>
>>2230693
Walmart sells wrangler riggs pants and they are fuckin great. I went a whole summer labor job on one pair of $40 wrangler pants. I cant comprehend buying faggot shit like fjallraven.
>>
File: fjallraven backpack.jpg (823 KB, 1920x1440)
823 KB
823 KB JPG
I have a few 100% cotton jeans with a heavier material and they are way more comfortable than Fjall polycotton pants, how does one go on with designing something so uncomfortable for outdoor ACTIVITIES? is fjall a poseur brand?
>>
>>2218013
>Patagonia

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT A FUCKING FAG!!!!!
>>
>>2229448
haglöfs lim fuse pants are crazy breathable
>>
>>2231159
manlet detesting
>>
>>
>>2231159
I don't mind the feel of poly cotton, and it is superior to denim for some things even though I'll wear both. The fjallraven pants are too expensive, but I've never really been disappointed with them.

I wear denim alot too- it has stuck around so long for a reason and it is cheap, but I have problems with denim. I'm starting to prefer a really tight weave.
>>
>>2229148
mine too. This has been an issue for them and they have recently changed snaps on some of their designs. But you can sed them back and they will fix for free-
>>
>>2231211
>I don't mind the feel of poly cotton

I dont mind the feel, I think the issue is with "give", pure cotton jeans always stretch and with wear give a few cm, mold to the wearer, polcottone doesnt, some 100% cotton cargo pants also dont have a cm of give
>>
>>2231498
Yeah they will rip if you have a bad fit, but they also dont hold water like denim, and the tight weave doesnt pick up shit like thorns and spanish needles. Light and cool in the heat and tight enough of a weave to block the wind in cold weather.

I like both tbqh.
>>
>>2226500
I walk through brush in my vidda pros with no worry and I still haven't seen any damage. I don't wax mine anymore unless I have some specific reason to.
>>
>>2216797
The only pants I know that are both waterproof and stretch are hunting pants. Check out any number of offerings from KIUI or the vantage from Duck Camp. You'll lose out on some pockets and reinforcements and cotton content, but they're all much more waterproof than typical hiking pants.
>>
>>2231777
Polycotton stands up well to brush, but I've ripped them before (even when I had a perfect fit) by jumping across things. There is no give and you can rip them at the seams doing certain things if you arent careful. But yeah generally speaking it is still a pretty good fabric.
>>
Gramicci pants. Even though they have a weird streetwear/hypebeast reputation their legitimately amazing out pants. Feel like perfectly broken in jeans that give you complete range of motion, deep pockets.
>>
File: GOOD.jpg (394 KB, 1350x2048)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>2216713
I've been enjoying the hell out of Kuhl Siilencr pants for general purpose beater use. I've never been big on stretchy material but these things are converting me slowly. Beyond's K5 Makers pants have been great as a beater layer as well. For rain pants I've always had great luck with Arcteryx and ORC Industries. REI is currently offering heavy discounts on some Arc rain pants (still expensive). Caught a pair of REI's store-branded goretex rain pants for a stupid good deal and they have done great in ~12 miles worth of steady rain. We'll see how those things hold up long term.

K5: https://beyondclothing.com/products/k5-makers-pant-s21?variant=39467386667070
Kuhl: https://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/silencr-pant/
REI: https://www.rei.com/product/137309/rei-co-op-xerodry-gtx-pants-mens
Arc: https://www.rei.com/product/887285/arcteryx-beta-ar-pants-mens
ORC: Cheap milsurp that performs relatively well if you can deal with the ugly
>>
>>2233921
Disregard the point about Arc rain pants being on sale, just noticed it's XL/XXL/S sizes on those only...unless you're a little or big guy.
>>
>>2216713
i like the austrian anzug mountaineering pants from kommandostore
>>
File: 1634362444403.jpg (61 KB, 450x447)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2226500
Yeah, instead get Dickies loose fit double knee or 874. 50 companies make cheaper polycarbonate. Big Bill Carhartt. Red Kap, Arborwear some Italian workwear companies, helicopter.
Get them loose and just put a surplus grid fleece under them as it gets colder.
Woven pants are meant to be loose like how our German ancestors wore them. You only need spandex for superhero sperm prohibiting faggot fits
>>
>>2216713
Denim jeans, but you gotta have a broken in pair of them, and breaking in denim takes a long fucking time.
>>
>>2224465
Why do you need so many pockets anyway? And having any cotton is a terrible idea.
>>
>>2222296
>>2222315
dw, i get it :^)
>>
>>2234760
Thank you (:
>>
I had lots of apple cider last night, and some spicy mexican food earlier today. I just went to an REI to buy pants, and I tried on at least 30 pairs... and farted awful, nasty facts in all of them.
So be aware that if you go to an REI store, and buy pants within the 30-34 range, there's a good chance you're wearing the pants I farted in.
Enjoy the braps if you dare.
>>
>>2216753
Overpriced, overhyped hipster shit.
The trades you mentioned wear Carhart. One good reason is briar and thorn resistance.
Another is fire resistance.
>>
whats a good pair of denmin overalls? are the Verustaleka ones good?
>>
Thinking about buying some rab kinetic 2.0 (alpine?) pants, has anyone tried them or can rec any other waterproof pants? Or are non waterproof pants plus over trousers when it rains better?
>>
>>2229386
We need durable pants for sharting
>>
>>2234851
Water resistant soft shell pants and then separate waterproof pants if it actually rains because waterproof pants aren’t breathable and get hot quick
>>
So you fellas wear 100%, 50/50, or 100% synthetic trousers? And what fit - 'slim' or regular/baggy? And what kind of trousers are good for winter?
>>
>>2216745
But this looks ugly as fuck. How do you deal with everyone making fun of you?
>>
>wrangler men’s outdoor zip cargo pants from Walmart
Yes, I’m a poorfag, but these pants are comfy as hell and get the job done. So far no issues with durability but the stitching could definitely use some work. Still, for just $20 a pair they do great.
>>
>>2234751
>And having any cotton is a terrible idea.

totally untrue, cotton has its place. For pure comfort, comfort to skin after its dirty and fire resistance its unbeatable
>>
>>2235330
If you're going to sweat or it'll rain you can get hypothermia. It's terrible when wet.
>>
>>2216734
love my 5.11 tactical pants, just envious that the guy's pants has way more pockets than the girls pants (but the girl's pants still has hella pockets)
>>
>>2216713
Fjallraven abisko midsommer pants and abisko trekking tights are actually really nice.
Not the same material as their main pants, very stretchy and durable.
Really light weight and airy though, only for the middle of summer.
>>
>>2235332
>If you're going to sweat or it'll rain you can get hypothermia. It's terrible when wet.

but these are legwear, not a baselayer, polycotton gets dried very quickly as well, no reason to go full polyester on pants when you count everything in.
>>
>>2224265
black leather pants or crochless chaps, please
>>
does anyone know good brands for women? might be a longshot given the demographic of this website but i could use some good recommendations
>>
>>2236068
Handmade dresses from the Amish store>l
>>
>>2226502
Oiii I jsut bought some mfor 35 eurobucks. ordered a bit smaller in size and hope itll fit (yeah normally surplus runs bigger). Anyone got a more helpful size guide than height and weigt? This Mike B fellow (controversial figure on /k/ but I think hes fine) has them on his site for 40 dollars for ya americans just as a tip.
>>
>>2237391
>Anyone got a more helpful size guide than height and weigt?
Just follow that. I think mine are sized down one in the length but that's just how I like them

>Mike B fellow (controversial figure on /k/ but I think hes fine)

Dude comes across as an ass
>>
>>2237656
well i bought them one weight level down, mike b also prvided rough measurments on his site and 36 inch seemed a bit excessive for my weight category, will report back if they fit
>>
Look at "Duer" pants. They have jeans/pants specialized for hot and cold weather, climbing, everything. After purchasing a couple pairs i will never wear anything else again unless i have to wear a fucking suit.
>>
>>2226502
Kinda wondered when these would get mentioned. Supremely durable and well made. Very cool pattern as well.
>>
>>2237769
Take a picture of the tag. The ones I've seen recently aren't actual surplus, just commercially made stuff.
>>
>>2238448
yeah there is bdu cut pants with the same camo pattern but i think they are legit. cut is pretty unique
>>
>>2238506
Commercial stuff has three globes rather than three crowns.
>>
>>2222136
I usually get mine barely used off ebay for quite cheap. Also, they're constantly at the thrift store. Nice pants.
>>
>>2233983
This is what I do. Some dickies camo for like 30 bucks from walmart. With base layer + sweat pants under neath for when it is winter. Idc if they rip or get bloody cause they are so cheap.
>>
>>2223143
I work as a car mechanic and I've been using those for almost 2 years. I lay on the concrete, ground, I weld in those and there are barely any signs of wear other than a few oil spots.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.