[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 65 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do they have it as good as it gets? Imagine getting to live the comfy life with your people and the moment an area gets too crowded you basically create a new low tech town in the middle of nowhere.

I’m actually jealous and I’m not afraid to admit it.
>>
>>2209019
By the way over a hundred new settlements were made since 2014.

And each one is run pretty much independent of any other so no outside hassle.
>>
>>2209021
Has anyone started to notice them becoming more common recently.
>>
>>2209019
can i finally marry my sisters if we join them?
>>
>>2209032
You can do that already my guy and you don’t even have to abandon the tech.
>>
>>2209029
One of the fastest growing US populations. I have a lot where I love in Kentucky. Probably a better life style than the US average, but not particularly appealing. Seems insular and I love literature and reading non-fiction/philosophy too much. Also travel.
>>
>>2209037
Benefits to both I suppose, but I don’t think normal life in the US or even most of the world is getting much better. Feels directionless, static and often pointless.

Doesn’t seem like the Amish have any problems like that and they will likely do pretty well for themselves in the years to come.
>>
File: tv3frlx9i7871.jpg (31 KB, 555x576)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2209019
I always point to the Amish when people say they want the entire country to go in the direction they think is best. You can just go do that, you know? If you want to live in a place that is LGBT friendly or whatever, then you don't need the entire country's support to do it. Just go do it. You can even create an organization that everyone in your community pays into and have "free" healthcare. And all of this can happen *today*.

It will never happen because they can't agree on anything. The Amish lifestyle works because they have a set of codes and are willing to conform. Leftists don't believe in conformity or unity or really anything. Your country feels directionless and pointless right now, because leftism and nihilism and post-modernism have diseased everything.
>>
>>2209019
If they were actually able to defend themselves, yes. I dont think they can even shoot intruders, theyre so big on non violence
>>
>>2209019
You can't have internet and need social skills to survive anon.
>>
The amish are a homophobic clild labor tax evasion cult. They only exist because they exploit child labor and dodge taxes entirely.

Sure it all seems cozy from the outside unless you are gay and your family stops talking to you because you dared to date the same sex. Conformity is great until it negatively affects you personally.
>>
I feel man was best when tools helped us, and when they started to replace manpower is when it went downhill (industrial); so I think the Amish have it right, certainly limitations I don't think are necessary but if it helps keep the group unified it may be necessary.
>>2209186
found the democrat
No, I will not live in your city
No, I will not inject your microchip
>>
>>2209186
Now I like them even more. Thanks for reminding about the importance of standards and hardwork.
>>
>>2209160
I’m pretty sure that rule isn’t as important as one might think of if you test it.

I mean they are human and if you attack them or threaten their families then human nature will likely take over especially for the younger ones.
>>
>>2209071
>I always point to the Amish when people say they want the entire country to go in the direction they think is best. You can just go do that, you know? If you want to live in a place that is LGBT friendly or whatever, then you don't need the entire country's support to do it. Just go do it.
This.
But you know what people are like though anon.
It's like with hippie communes.
No-one wants to do the work themselves.
They just wanna sit around and hope that someone else does it for them.
>>
>>2209019
They look like faggots though
>>
>>2209585
They look successful.
And that upsets you.
>>
>>2209587
Yeah I am really upset because they look very successful
>>
>>2209576
>They just wanna sit around and hope that someone else does it for them.
this.
I had a hippie coworker that used to brag about moving between living in different off-grid communes and the like.
vapid cunt spend 9 months of the year unemployed in a van between jobs.
as far as she was concerned, "You cant OWN food, maaaan, food's nature's gift to everyone".

She got fired from our job when it turned out that the 6 months working there she'd gotten 100% of her meals by stealing food from coworkers or customers.

One time she went in depth about a commune she lived at in hawaii and again, that entire commune was supported by 1 richfag elderly hippie doing trips to town in a boat to bring food.
the rest of them just sat around high and doing magic mushrooms in between hanging at the beach.
>>
>>2209019
You probably don’t have to go back to Amish level we just need to go back to pre smartphone and pre social media while still having Jesus on your hearts and minds
>>
>>2209590
Seems they are.
>>
>>2209639
amish good's usually means well made woodworking that can actually be maintained and kept for generations
amish food's usually means fully organic(no gmo's or chemicals(untested/generational usage ones not self made)) OR repackaged common candies bagged together wholesale
amish livestock usually means EXTREMELY WELL BRED and cared for animals in auctions
that amish graph also fails to mention the offshoots from the Amish, like Mennonites.
>>
>>2209186
>Homophobic
Based
>child labor
Lol, it teaches character and morals. Something you would know about if you had a father teach you those things by putting you to work when you were a boy
>tax evaders
Can they be any more based
>>
>>2209657
they have money they MUST be avoiding taxes
-they have money
-they don't spend millions on entertainment
-they don't spend millions on medical care
-they don't spend millions on mechanical/electrical systems that break down, need constant maintenance, and have to be scrapped after a decade or so usually
-they grow their own food and drink
-they sometimes even grow their own clothes
-the produce their own tools and metal workings(black smith amish are top tier old style smiths, Renfair should think about asking for their input)
-their woodworking is considered top tier
-what food they decide to sell, if they ever do, is clean, wholesome, and well made
-don't know about their investment layout though, google it, also remember they tend to pool the entire communities resources into joint projects
>>
>>2209660
>their investment layout
They invest in new farmland, or rarely in machinery for their enterprises. They have no need for anything else.
>>
>>2209049
That schnoz would make a Jew blush
>>
>>2209661
free from outside influence and fleecing of money by stock manipulation(senators and such are free to do so, look at modern medical costs as an example)
they literally use the money to make more goods, services, and money; no investing in something that may suddenly lose all value(or in futures(old futures market) cost you money)

Also LAND ITSELF INCREASES IN VALUE, that has and still applies today, the so called cheap acres of land in the middle of nowhere is because the land owners are trying to leave said area's and/or can't afford land taxes because it's got no easily made money
>>
File: images(15).jpg (11 KB, 270x186)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2209186
Soon the black flag will fly above the Capitol, the child labor will become norm and sodomy will be outlawed. Amish will pay moderate yearly tribute in dinars and QT daughters.
You will live in the bayt.
You will eat the shawarma.
You will own silver.
And you will be happy, inshaAllah.
>>
>>2209667
Wait. We get shwarma out of this?
>>
File: index(10).jpg (13 KB, 209x241)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>2209673
If Allah wills it, yes, a slow cooked lamb one. Munafiqun will only get standard frozen turkish product though, until they repent and reform their ways.
>>
>>2209644
The Mennonites aren’t offshoots of the Amish, but the other way around.

Besides most Mennonites are larping so they aren’t really worth mentioning except the Pennsylvania German speaking old order Mennonites who are almost identical to the Amish, but that’s only maybe 50k people.
>>
>>2209662
That’s a straight nose tard. Perhaps you are confusing it with a hook.
>>
>>2209032
based and marry trad sister pilled
>>
My god the amish are adorable. If you know what ever happens, we must set up a volunteer organization to protect them against the inevitable looting that's going to happen. Also because they'll be one of the few reliable sources of food still around.
>>
>>2209743
when the senators, presidents, and governors screw the farmers permanently, thinking their corporate farmer backers know how to farm, when all the new cpu laden trackers, combines, and such suddenly stop. When all the computers, CELLPHONES!!, and weapons systems shut down, when all the refridgeration systems and electrical plants break. Where do you go to know how to make a nail? Where do you go to know how to farm by hand? To run machinery without a single electric wire? Running off crude oil and farm waste? How to make your own thread?
The Amish, who will laugh, Tell us so, and hopefully not pitchfork our asses to a newly built farmstead as they lay waste to the tech using peoples of the world.
I give you......
AAAAAMMMMMIIIIISSSSSHHHHHH
CONQUERORS, there vow of nonviolence has been repealed. Beware the BARN THROWING, COW MILKING, the SMACK WITH A BIBLING.
Amish Conquerors, brought to you by the letter Z.
>>
>>2209759
Yeah no. If the collapse happens in 2150 maybe. Even then, I doubt they would easily give up their pacifism. I think their future is rather being the new serfs to the postapocalyptic warrior caste.
>>
>>2209345
True. It could just be a political belief so they can get out of the draft
>>
>>2209766
A lot change in a 129 years and some Amish have actually dropped the pacifism like the Bergholz group.

If the outside world becomes increasingly hostile to them which is probably gonna happen given that they basically the only group of whites with a positive birth rate and a collective mindset making them a long term threat so attacks could become more common and as they say adapt or die.
>>
>>2209644
Kek wtf is this non-gmo shit. The Amish bulk good stores are basically the only place in the country a regular person can buy a drum of High Fructose Corn Syrup. You can find non-gmo stuff at their stores but they also eat a ton of processed garbage food too.

Here's an Amish store about 10 miles from my house:
https://www.goldenbarrel.com/product/high-fructose-corn-syrup-55/
>>
>>2209759
My neighbors Amish. There's plenty of wiring in the tractor he drives to the store and the van that picks him up to go to work everyday.
>>
Honestly the Amish are pretty awesome. They make some real nice furniture, wholesale the stuff they farm, and they're staunchly trad-Christian but not the murderous crazy kind of staunchly trad-Christian.

And from a demographic/grand strategy/future of country/graph-goes-up-means-country-more-gooder perspective, I like that they contribute - and will increasingly contribute to - US population growth.

They're productive members of society who breed like rabbits, and about 1/10th of them assimilate into the general population, so I don't see any downsides from having a large Amish population in the US.
>>
>>2209898
Different kinds of Amish. He must be apart of a pretty liberal kind if they allow tractors. Most just use the horses, but allow their members to ride in a vehicle although the more hardcore kinds won’t even allow their members to ride in cars unless it’s an emergency.
>>
>>2210023
Lancaster County, PA. Pretty much ground zero for Amish in the USA.
>>
>>2209019
I understand why people kinda fetishize their lifestyle, especially here. But as someone who lives around them and speaks Pennsylvania-Deitsh it's not that great. They experience just as much conflict, strife, and problems as anyone else. The pictures are of the well-off ones, but their is a social order and the poor ones are truly poor. The only comparable poverty I've seen to the Nebraska Amish in PA is in rural Peru. They're are some definite benefits to their caution regarding tech but their insular nature builds both a strong community but also a community that has a lot of people who stay around on nothing but fear of the ostracization. Of course, the insular nature also fosters people who exploit children and women to a degree and regularity that is honestly shocking.
>>
>>2210044
Yeah and they are considered one of the most mild varieties while the most Amish of the Amish would be sects like the Swartzentruber, Swiss, Buchanan, Troyer and Nebraska Amish who are very hardcore and strict when it comes to following the lifestyle without adopting tech or being lenient on traditions.

It’s no surprise that these kinds of Amish have the highest birth rates of all Amish and probably the world with some of the highest retention rates meaning long term they will grow to become the dominant slice of the Amish pie.
>>
PA anon here, have experience around Mennonites. They work for themselves / their community and to preserve their agrarian way of life. They dont have insurance, they "tithe" to the church and they deal with the hospitals in regards to insurance. If someone gets sick they send a negotiator to lowball the hospital. They don't pay school tax. Most don't have vehicles but will have sweet diamond plate buggies and modern tractors with steel / belting wheels. They are good people. Some mennonites that I know sold their farms in PA for top dollar and bought farms for their kids in cheaper areas such as NY.
>>
>>2210062
mmm amish pie
>>
>>2209662
You have no idea what you are talking about and you are an embarrassment to me son.
>>
>>2209071
Because the kind of people who want those things can't accomplish them without forcing other people to provide it to them or behave how they demand they behave. That's why their only hope is taking over government institutions to give them that power.
>>
File: everything.jpg (89 KB, 765x687)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>2209591
>the rest of them just sat around high and doing magic mushrooms in between hanging at the beach.
giga based
>>
Should be the blueprint for all sane white people across the Western world
>>
>>2209019
they sell cocaine but you didn't hear that from me
>>
>>2210274
I doubt they would be willing to actually become politicians, but given their growth rates and the fact that they have indeed started to vote more frequently then they could literally dominate the elections of counties with significant populations of them and perhaps in the future entire states.

Ex Amish people that left the church could become politicians I suppose and they could work towards the interests of their people, but that depends on their relationship with the church and why they left.
>>
>>2209895
What would a normal person even use a bucket of corn syrup for?
>>
>>2209019
Dumping
>>
>>2211403
>>
>>2211404
>>
>>2211405
>>
>>2211406
>>
>>2211407
>>
>>2211408
>>
>>2211409
>>
>>2211414
>>
>>2211415
>>
>>2209186
Just don't be a faggot. Easy.
>>
>>2209021
I saw some in Michigan. They are strange little creatures and I think they didn't like my car.
>>
>>2209623
found the nigger
>>
File: happy pepe.jpg (71 KB, 400x388)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
the amish people always wave to me when we pass on the road
>>
>>2211455
Then I guess you best get use to them as their Michigan population is one of the fastest growing in the US.
>>
>>2211417
>>
File: 1548272388665.jpg (90 KB, 501x656)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
You guys clearly have no experience living near Amish. Amish are no friends of /out/ lifestyles or the environment. They poach to a ridiculous extent.
>>
They're not only german, they're from the same little corner of germany as I am. It warms my heart to see these distant cousins content and fruitful, while my more immediate kin are declining in self-imposed misery, as am I myself.
>>
It is an illusion. They also use technologies. No one can escape from the technological society.

And honestly it is way better to be alone and have all the gadgets you need than to be with some idiots to bother you all the time.
Fuck that shit. Life is good as long you have money and internet with PC and free time.
Anything else is shit.
>>
>>2209071
based kid
>>
>>2209186
Faggot
>>
>>2211669
Different kinds use different amounts of tech especially when living around non Amish as farmland isn’t cheap or available enough thus forcing them to interact with outsiders by going into construction, demolition, furniture making factories etc, but as their population grows in an area and their own businesses become more common then they no longer require outsiders as they buy from each other’s stores and hire their own people and family members to work their own businesses granting them some level of independence while still being able to keep their way of life by working for each other.

This collective mindset is comically lacking in much of the US or the world even as normal American farmers will hire a bunch of spics to work their farms either because they didn’t want to pay a decent wage, had no children or because they failed to raise them properly so they just left for cities leaving the farm without a successor so they just sell it and live the boomer life while the Amish hold onto their land to give to their children or if they do sell they then use the money to buy a shitload of cheap land far from any city so that their children and other families can establish a new settlement entirely.
>>
>>2209186
One day all rural areas in the US will be 100% white Amish and then you will never be able to leave your urban/suburban area again, fag.
>>
>>2209788
The Amish predominantly live in states that will be majority white even in 50 years (probably increasingly white by then due to their birth rates). They will be fine.
>>
>>2211461
Do you wave back at them?
>>
>>2209021
those "new settlements" are just amish packing up shop after they deforested the area.
you know they can weld , so they rely heavily on lumber and nails.
>>
>>2211648
You mean Northwest BW?
>>
>>2211741
Somewhere around the place, yeah. (Matter of fact, there was a rumour one of my ancestors was a mennonite, I didn't pry though.)
>>
>>2211739
Aren’t they supposed to be big on farming? Why would they leave an area after getting rid of the trees? That’s incredibly retarded. You cut the trees so that you can make use of the land they sit upon.

Those settlements are being made because their population keeps growing so they need more land to continue their farming, but I’m sure they do logging as well.
>>
>>2211738
Of course
>>
>>2211615
Good. Imagine only consuming meat that had been processed.
>>
>>2209186
>hey son you have to work instead of getting taught about global warming by drag queens in school
>WTF WHY CAN'T I HAVE SEX WITH MEN, DAD THIS IS BULLSHIT I HATE CONFORMITY
>>
File: dd.jpg (8 KB, 250x245)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2209019
Nice to see something other than filthy shitskins growing in numbers.
>>
>>2214188
Let’s hope they keep it up long term. A bunch of Luddite German farmers is a refreshing change from the usual brown hordes.
>>
They've got that town in Florida, actually seemed really cool hoenstly
>>
>>2209021
>>2209029
The US is on track to be majority Amish by 2200.
Surprised there aren't more out West.
>>
>>2211726
>Had no kids
The Amish that don't have kids or don't have enough kids for whatever reasons adopt a lot of black babies out of Philly and Lancaster City. Those kids really give the nurture vs nature argument a run for it's money.
>>
>>2214684
Why's that? Are they stereotypical in their actions, or good members of their community?
>>
>>2209019
I'm black and I will join
>>
>>2209019
Women get treated like shit in that culture
>>
>>2214684
I guess even they aren’t immune to the Christcuck behaviour. I’m surprised they are even allowed to adopt at all given how they live.

Let’s hope the Amish that adopt trash don’t drag the rest of them down.
>>
>>2214827
Good
>>
>>2214666
I highly doubt they will continue growing at their current rate for 200 years without fail.

Admittedly the US will probably be in a state of serious population decline in a hundred years let alone 200 assuming it even still exists. The US would currently be in a state of decline if it wasn’t for immigration right now so overtaking the US population might not be as difficult as one might imagine if it’s only a quarter or less of it’s current size.

The reason they don’t expand out west as much is because the land is usually trash for their methods of farming and the Amish like being close to other Amish settlements, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t still moving west as a shitload of settlements were established that direction, but if they survive or not is anyone’s guess.
>>
>>2214820
I think he means they act as their kin do back in philly or Lancaster city regardless of the Amish upbringing which damages the nurture meme.
>>
>>2209186
OH NO, THEY'RE BASED
>>
>>2214827
Not really. They get treated like pillars of the family.
>>
>>2214918
There's an Amish community in my area. That's not my experience
>>
>>2214919
Well that explains why the Amish haven’t fallen apart from within because they can actually handle their women.
>>
>>2214684
are you sure those are amish and not mennonite? beachy amish may adopt niggers like other christcucks but beachy amish are not amish but mennonite
>>
>>2209766
>I think their future is rather being the new serfs to the postapocalyptic warrior caste.
This 100%. You guys need to remember that the Amish descend from men who were cowards, men to weak to fight, so they fucked off to the new world. They live insular lives, and all they can do is rape their wives and daughters. The Amish are not real men.
>>
>>2209186
Why would you be gay if you grew up amish?
>>
>>2214827
How would you know?
>>
>>2209186
How about don't be fucking gay you retarded faggot
>>
>>2215507
They're all over Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, so if you live in those areas, you get to see it.
>>
>>2214643
The one in Florida is supposed to be more like a holiday destination for the Amish in northern states. Don’t think the Amish have any serious settlements in Florida, at least not yet anyway.
>>
>>2209186
Yeah I'm thinking Based!
>>
>>2209587
>Successful
They look like offbrand Hasidic Jews
>>
>>2214827

As they should be. Every single religion is very clear about what happens to civilization when women are given rights.
>>
>>2217247
True, but they are swole as fuck and at least they don’t make it their mission to destroy countries so I guess they deserve success.
>>
>>2209186
Go back to your containment board, you ugly fatso.
>>
>>2214583
The Midwest will remain white thanks to them.
>>
>>2215497
Probably from being molested and beaten by your dad and uncles and other boys. Exactly how gays have been made for centuries
>>
>>2217608
Have you tried like not being gay?
>>
File: EpwvHjtXcAccmd3.jpg (33 KB, 640x298)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>2209576
>>
File: EpwvH8VXUAYF0Vv.jpg (56 KB, 640x543)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2217658
>>
File: EpwvHvVW8AAX5ym.jpg (61 KB, 640x576)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2217660
>>
>>2209032
>>2209034
>>2209708
I would, but my sister is a whore. I think I'll have to marry my daughter instead. Which I'm not opposed to, I just need to have a daughter first.
>>
>>2209702
you haven't been to Alberta
>>
>>2217722
And what’s in Alberta?
>>
>>2217658
>>2217660
>>2217663

Weird way to say getting up at 3AM to churn butter all day
>>
Amish style communities that embrace the modernity of diversity sound based.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.