[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1630083407994.jpg (53 KB, 464x348)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
As is the subject, I thought to ask somewhere, found this place. Do you know any affordable tents, preferably up to $260? Just for the few months that are somewhat warm, so no need for a winter tent.
Picture not related.
>>
>>2207180
Half Dome 2?
>>
>>2207230
It doesn't even need to be that large, even a 1-person will do.
>>
File: tent stakes.jpg (515 KB, 1632x1224)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
>>2207240
Any smaller and you might as well get a bivvy (40$) and a good quality tarp
I use a french F2
>>
Vango tents seem pretty good quality. I have a Helvellyn 300 and paid 250aud for it. Depends what you want it for though, so many different types.
>>
>>2207180
I've got a cheap shit Alps Mountaineering Zephyr. It's held up very well over 5 years of frequent use and at least one bad storm per year. This year I had it in a 3in/hour downpour with 40 mph gusts and it was basically perfect.

It is a somewhat airy tent, if you need your tent to keep you warm, I'd pick a different one.
>>
>>2207180
I've heard good things about Lanshan tents but have never used one
>>
>>2207180
>Do you know any affordable tents
tarp masterrace

How do you enjoy the warmth and protection that your bowdrill made campfire offers you inside your canvas cuck cage? How do you gaze at the beauty of the stars or the mezmerizing darkness of the forest in a fucking tent? How do you smell the farts of ferrets or train your body to resist hypothermia if you are wrapped up in the illusion of safety that your tent represents?
How do you
>>
Kelty Salida, $160, might be able to find it cheaper. I have had an early version from 2012-13 I think. Taken it all across the Rockies in some pretty intense wind storms and it never broke a pole, unlike a $900 Mountain Hardware Trango that snapped in comparable winds when I did an Andes trip (thankfully not mine).

Not a winter tent but very fast set up, quite functional.
>>
>>2208510
>train your body to resist hypothermia if you are wrapped up in the illusion of safety that your tent represents
are you training your body or is it an illusion ?
>>
File: tenterino.jpg (157 KB, 1500x1261)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>2207180
>Trekker tent 2v
It takes me less than 15 minutes to set up, and I really don't try very hard. Keeps the rain out decent in the light rain conditions I have had. Plenty of room for me and my full 80 liter pack of larp gear, and on the front porch area there is enough room I can fill one side of it with firewood to keep dry and also the mosquito net keeps out all the bugs
>>
>>2208664
yes believe it or not you can train your body to create body heat
>>
>>2209362
they also have a smaller one for like 10 less but my friend has it and I wouldn't recommend to small but atleast I get to tell him it matches his dick
>>
>>2209363
That wasn't my point.
If the tent allows you to be insulated enough for your body to not need to create warmth, then it isn't an illusion of safety- it's just safety.
>>2209362
this is priced right for OP
gotta get poles tho
I still stand by my tent >>2207525 it only needs stakes
>>
>>2209366
>I still stand by my tent >>2207525 it only needs stakes
I can't carry all my larp garbage without poles, its too heavy
>>
>>2209373
>stakes are poles
the poles were in >>2209362 note how it stays up primarily
is why I noted you need poles for that tent, and stakes
this tent >>2207525 requires only stakes
but you can use your poles for the hike too if you want
>>
tents are for homos
t. tarpchad
>>
>>2209374
I know it had poles I have the tent, I was saying I need poles anyways cause all my larp gear is too heavy
>>
>>2207180
Decathlon MH100
>>
>>2207180
Hijacking this thread to see if anyone has reccomendations for winter tents that arent hot tents so to speak. Weight im not really concerned about, and orice ways i mean it would be good to find a reasonable priced one but just throw reccomendations my way. I found "acrtic oven" tents and they seem to have decent reviews. Any thoughts on these?
>>
>>2209770
You could get the litefighter 1 and then get the four season conversion kit. The conversion is 120 in their website and I got my tent for 120 on eBay. I think all together it's 5.5 pounds.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.