[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 187 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 00.jpg (98 KB, 669x446)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
I feel like you can't really enjoy /out/ if you aren't American. Almost every post is US/Canada related, there's not discussion about Europe, South America, Asia or the rest of the world.

Picture: Teide National Park on Tenerife, Spain.
>>
>>2203181
If you look at the old /out/ maps, there are a surprising amount of Europeans on here. I'm American - never even been outside of the US, but I'm always interested to see what going /out/ is like in other parts of the world.
>>
I hate americans but there's still some nice stuff here
>>
File: IMG-20210814-WA0018.jpg (3.06 MB, 2448x3264)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
I live in the Netherlands. All of nature is like a park here. I can't really go anywhere without running into people and it's forbidden to camp or even take a piss in the woods. Close to my house are some small forests and bike routes, which I enjoy, but I can't help but long for some actual wild nature. If I ever get the chance, I'll probably move to a country with better nature and more freedom.
>>
>>2203226
excelent place to get some nice ticks
>>
>>2203239
Ticks aren't that big a deal here
>>
File: PXL_20210403_012923497.jpg (2.29 MB, 4032x3024)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>2203226
You should move to the US or Canada. I can go out into my state and not see another person, or even a ranch or a house, for miles. Planes still fly overhead, which is annoying, but I'll take what I can get. Pic related, somewhere outside of Leadville, Nevada.
>>
>>2203186
>If you look at the old /out/ maps, there are a surprising amount of Europeans on here.
this, and it seems like the europeans actually get outdoors more than the americans

the americans just bicker and whine and play larper in their backyard ""woods""
>>
>>2203422
I used to work for an Italian ski company, headquartered near the Dolomites, but operating in a few spots in the US. I also took up mountaineering. The impression that I get from Europeans is that they're a little more serious about going /out/, ESPECIALLY when it comes to mountaineering or skiing. They don't seem to have the space that the US does, which is a shame, but I have to hand it to them for their ski culture. I live near Tahoe, and American ski culture is just about the gayest shit I've ever dealt with. It's just high school dropouts that want to smoke weed and hit the slopes all day. I've seen dudes that are 40 that have never made more than $18/h in their life because they devote their entire lives to "shredding the gnar, bro".
>>
File: alps.jpg (92 KB, 720x960)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>2203428
>The impression that I get from Europeans is that they're a little more serious about going /out/, ESPECIALLY when it comes to mountaineering or skiing.
I think the bar to entry is harder in the europe than in the states (even transport costs, since many people don't get a car), so you tend to see fewer people going outdoors, but the people who are /out/ are far more dedicated.

On the other hand in america it's a lot more accessible, so you see a wide range of everyone from beginners, to casuals, to dedicated backpackers and hardcore mountaineers.

That said, in accessible/touristy areas of europe, you definitely still see clueless casuals, pic related
>>
>>2203181
I've been to pic. tenerife is great but awful for /out/ as it is just one big tourist attraction island
>>
I just with the climate wasn't so God awful in the US. Ancient European forests must have been the comfiest thing ever.
>>
>>2203181
Lots of /out/ in Europe, just not the shitty little countries full of Germans and bastard Germans
>>
>>2203420
Looks beautiful man. Must be such a beautiful feeling, knowing that you're the only person out there. US is definitely a good option.
>>
I spend a lot of time in Tasmanian forests and find myself wishing for bears, deer, wolves and big cats
the forest here is perserve it grows without end with no fauna to threaten it, just endless green replicating forever
>>
>>2204028
What about the Tasmanian devils though?
>>
File: hiker.png (1.48 MB, 663x890)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
In that case, posting some pics of my /out/venture yesterday, hiking in Greece... 1/3
>>
File: hiker2.png (1.87 MB, 1177x880)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>2204039
I ran into like noone
>>
File: hiker3.png (1.47 MB, 1178x873)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>2204041
View from the top. Med hiking is comfy
>>
>>2203181
USA and Canada definitely have it much better when it comes to easy access to extremely diverse wilderness. But you must have been sleeping under a rock. There's plenty of European posts, and a fair amount of stuff in photograph threads gets posted from Europe, specifically Scandinavia and around the Alps. I am a little envious of all the outdoors in US, but at least I am originally from a tiny country with huge amounts of forests, empty, pristine beaches and some of the best camping laws in the world (i.e. you can do it everywhere unless expressively told you can't).
>>
>>2204033
they're carrion feeders the size of small dogs, wombats are bigger and nicer
>>
>>2203447
>since many people don't get a car
What do you mean?
>>
>>2204046
I mean that proportionally far fewer europeans own cars than people from USA, mainly from the better public transport, shorter distances, and human-centered cities and towns (walkable)
>>
>>2203447
In Italy if you live in the North, every one who isn't a completely poor faggot tends to have a cabin or a family home somewhere in the mountains, so you will see most people going up the mountains to hike or just to chill. For most people it's just an excuse to buy very good cheese from the local farmers though haha. My girlfriend's dad has a nice house in a very pretty valley, it's a lovely place but they sometimes get cut off from rest of the world because of mudslides and heavy snow. On her mother's side of the family they own a nice house somewhere in a completely different part of Alps, closer to Austria. I really like going up both for the nature and for the food. Unfortunately you will see people almost everywhere, from casual hikers to actual mountaineers and climbers. But it is possible to avoid people by going off the trails and into the forest, where you will almost never see a family groups or most casual trekkers. Not that I mind them, as they tend to be nice people with acceptable manners for the outdoors.
>>2204047
Depend where you live, in Italy it is actually quite high. Places with actual outdoors you will have a high car ownership, and places with good public transport are big cities, so they are quite far removed from those places. In Milan you won't see many car owners (actually you do, but let's talk proportion), whereas anywhere outside you really have to own a car to have a life.
>>
File: car ownership.png (31 KB, 847x304)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>2204047
Seems like a random figure, but you get the picture. Italy has also obscenely expensive costs of changing ownership of a vehicle (genuinely around 400 euros, while in other EU countries it can be as low as 30 euros), so a lot of cars are technically on someone else in name only, or, as was the case with my gf's car, for some time it was still on her deceased nan, until they absolutely HAD to switch it over. In practice it's probably >90%. You probably have different stats from more urbanized countries like Netherlands or UK and Ireland.
>>
>>2204043
>>2204041
>>2203420
These photos are all top tier. Nice work anons. If I can hijack these as an example though, does anyone else ever get the feeling that, beautiful though another country may be, it can't be as beautiful as your own home? I'd love to visit these places for sure, but I kind of feel that it just can't compare to Cumbria or the Highlands.
>>
>>2204044
New Zealand Anon? Where do you live now, fren?
>>
File: 2017.jpg (2.16 MB, 3968x2976)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
I'm Israeli
There's plenty of opportunities to go /out/. That said in my time going outdoors I haven't experienced serious wintertime weather.
>>
>>2204172
Also you get shot at.
>>
File: 2017 miron.png (586 KB, 1054x730)
586 KB
586 KB PNG
>>2204173
Heh, if you go beyond the green line maybe.
>>
File: Israel-topography.jpg (103 KB, 689x1023)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>2204172
Is hiking in the dead sea area easier than innamountains because lower elevation = more oxygen?
>>
>>2204171
I'm not that one, sorry.
>>
>>2204190
Not with the weight of all the international war crimes the country has committed, you'll feel like you're hiking on Everest.
>>
File: Jpeg 902.jpg (516 KB, 1248x936)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
I'm in Portugal and go /out/ all the time, mostly day hikes and the beach but I camp regularly too.
Obviously is not comparable to NA in terms of wildness but is diverse enough, not too crowded and I'm lucky because the Atlantic and the mountains are nearby. As /out/ goes in Europe I would say Portugal is an happy medium, still you cross the border to Spain and your /out/ possibilities increase significantly.
>>
File: Jpeg 903.jpg (109 KB, 1078x589)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>2204213
Just be ready to having the big boys making sure you don't act stupid and fuck with their flock.
>>
>>2204216
Are those shepherd dogs? Are they on their own? How do they react to strangers typically?
>>
>>2203181
Been there too. Remember it well. Usually you only get on top of Teide if you book that Hut at the top. I sneaked with a hostelfrien onto the top from the basestation. 10/10 would do again.
>>
>>2203181
I am very pleased with living in Norway, never too far from woods, hills or mountains and hiking and camping is such an everyday thing here. Of course the US, and North America in itself is much much bigger with a lot of nature, but as a small population country I am very happy to live where I live
>>
File: Jpeg 905.png (1.22 MB, 1697x1080)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>2204228
>Are those shepherd dogs?
Yes.
>Are they on their own?
Usually there's a shepherd with them. How do they react to strangers typically?
They're chill but if you get too close to the flock they will come towards you and hold their ground and will bark a lot until their owner notices and call them back. They will not charge at you, not usually.
These ones already "know me" since I'm there a lot and have spoken to the shepherd so they just don't care.
Pic related is still a puppy.
>>
>>2204190
Not really.
I haven't felt anything like that...
I must mention that the Dead Sea is shrinking so I don't know if it'll exist in a decade or two.
>>
>>2203181
that's because in those bugmen places like europe or japan if you walk like an hour in any direction you hit a big city. look at an aerial view of japan, it's ALL city.

true /out/ is central asia & siberia. lowest population density of anywhere. god mode: australian outback
>>
>>2204043
Based Medbro.
>>
>>2204267
>australian outback
Too hot and venomous.
>>
>>2204267
I'm curios, what's /out/ing like in Japan?
Do you have any experience?
>>
>>2203181
Lol, you burgerflaps aren't even allowed to walk anywhere. I can literally just walk /out/ wherever I want here in Norway, pitch a tent and stay for two days in civilized areas, or a week in the wilderness.
>>
>>2204267
>true /out/ is central asia & siberia. lowest population density of anywhere. god mode: australian outback
ah, spoken like a true /in/cel LARPer.

Watch any neat youtube videos lately?
>>
File: IMG_20210907_203149.jpg (2.73 MB, 1440x1920)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>2204043
Nice, I went through a gorge on Crete, didnt see a single person in 4 hours, so peaceful.
Then did Samaria close by and was surrounded by people the entire 16km, was fucked.
>>
File: Jpeg 834.jpg (526 KB, 1248x936)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>2204400
Medbros unite.
t. Honorary Med.
>>
>>2203246
I'm dutch and a MD, they definitely are. Careful fren
>>
>>2204052
Yeah, I live at the Smoky Mountains in East TN and it’s definitely my favorite.
>>
>>2204450
I'm not interested in debating politics.
Please go back to /pol/, /news/ or /int/ to discuss that stuff, it's boring.
Here's a prompt - please post a picture of your latest /out/ing.
>>
File: IMG_20210824_194914.jpg (3.12 MB, 4160x3120)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>2204400
You should visit Zagori in Epirus then. Pop density is 4 people per sq/km, when the country's average is around 73. You can literally hike between each village and barely meet anyone, if at all.
>>
>>2204213
One tree, one frigging tree...
I hate our "mountains". I want fucking obnoxious forests on every hill, like Japan.
But I wouldn't disagree, it's a reasonable mix, beaches, some areas with snow in winter, no forests because everything burned already and all of it within a couple of hours driving.
>>
>>2203226
I live close to the Netherland border. The wildest areas are often next to motorways or railway lines. Nature reserves in Germany are sometimes fenced off and verboten so you can get some real alone time there.
>>
>>2203226
God bless the Nordics and our "allemansrätten". It means you can go almost anywhere as long as you dont leave any garbage and arent too close to any house where people live.
>>
>>2203181
At least you got many hills and mountains. Here in Lazio there isn't a single mountain or hill that wasn't ruined with towns and agriculture and if you try to stealth camp the frigging boomers who take their dogs to shit out will report you to authorities or the property owners.
>>
>>2204316
The lower 48 by itself has more public land than all of the Nordic lands + Finland and all Islands minus Greenland combined, most of which has better land use rights than anywhere in europe. For example you can typically camp anywhere on BLM and National Forest land that isn't set aside for anything else for 2 weeks, then move spots a certain distance and do it again. There are minor differences in regulations between states though.
>>
>>2204865
Yeh but its America. You still don't have a right to roam-right, many of you need to travel a fair distance to get to BLM, National Parks etc. Here you can just go up on you closest hill or nearest woods to camp.
>>
>>2204867
>many of you need to travel a fair distance to get to BLM
Yes, but this only applies if you live east of the mountain states. The west is basically the same as the Nordic countries for access to out but with various different contrasting climates. I live 5 miles from NF land.
>>
>>2203181
Everytime I mention my country on /out/ the /out/ists here start screeching about immigrants, muh lack of fredums, etc, so I just can't be assed anymore. I just lurk now.
>>
File: Jpeg 974.jpg (773 KB, 1248x968)
773 KB
773 KB JPG
>>2204890
Why are krauts so sensitive?

>>2204648
Shit sucks bro. The lack of dense forests is hard to deal with but it is what it is, too many eucalyptus plots of private land and unmanaged give the idea that Portugal has lots of green covering but it's not exactly true and then there's the barren public lands, the ones on the mountain (hills) have nothing but bushes and the ones who have actual trees more often than not get burnt to the ground during summer months. It's a tragedy.

Not everything is bad tho, close by to where that photo was taken there is a small but somewhat thick area of pine tree new growth, it's always empty despite having a fine view so there's that.
>>
File: image_print.png (3.69 MB, 1680x2000)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB PNG
>>2204890
it's just /underaged pol/nigger board tourists, ignore them and post your /out/ings anyways. They should be going away not that school has started in america

>>2204648
Bruh go further north
>>
>>2205034
>Bruh go further north
See >>2204994
>too many eucalyptus plots of private land and unmanaged give the idea that Portugal has lots of green covering

>muh /pol/
Cagar na judiaria é um dever, corno.
>>
>>2203181
OP, have you ever actually been somewhere outside of NA ?
>>
>>2205210
Nope, never have been on NA either.
>>
>>2204994
>Why are krauts so sensitive?
Stupidity is wearying.
>>
>>2205210
America is top tier for outdoors for many reasons, you don't need to see rest of the world to see that.
>easy to own guns (necessity imho)
>lots of outdoors that isn't protected
>mind your own damn business attitude, but also at the same time seem very culturally positive towards outdoors activities
>decent regulations in most states, also Americans seem less likely to give a shit about rules, which is a good thing as most Europeans are too rule abiding (which is a bad thing when it's borderline bending over to the government for everything)
I'm from Europe myself for reference, and my countries has one of the best rules for camping. Free to go wherever you want and camping is specifically ALLOWED unless there is a sign saying private land or someone tells you off. IIRC all of coastline is fair game for camping and it's illegal to not let you sleep there. Parking cars is illegal there though because there are laws against protecting dunes. It's a shame that most people don't really camp outdoors, but at least mushroom hunting and foraging in general are common hobbies. I don't like America for many reasons, but outdoors is actually one of the things I'd be happy with if I was born there.
>>
>>2205227
I meant that isn't OFF LIMITS not protected. Clearly there are many areas under conservation and protection. Idea of public land is a very good one too.
>>
>>2205215
Where are you then?
I've hiked in the the Rockies, the Alps, the Andes, the Jutenheimen, Appalachians (mostly the later). Each region will have a different balance of being alone, being accessible, being beautiful, being comfy, being allowed to destroy the countryside. In the Juten or Alps, you're basically hiking from one rustic hotel to the next, which is comfy as fuck. Huts in the White mountains provide blankets and a massive meal but in the Alps you bring your sleeping bag, the meals are meager but they serve beer and wine. In Norway you are served 4 kinds of pickled herring for breakfast which is kick ass.

Trail conditions also vary greatly. Appalachian having the shitties trails, and the Rockies are nearly highways.

If your definition of out is heading through the brush to an isolated spot, cutting down enough trees to build a shelter and light a bonfire, then yes NA is pretty much where you want to be.
>>
>>2205227
my country* damn it
>>
>>2205231
im from norway and your outdoors experience about us makes me cringe. shure its a great thing we have these cabins and this trail network, but did you ever consider to just step outside of the trail and go your own way? all this land with right to go where you want and you pick the common tourist route with serviced cabins? come on... i have never been to a hiking cabin yet i hike in the same regions, i do parts of the trails where it suits me, usually across bogs or rivers, but they never really go by the interesting places or good fishing spots. most of them are based on ancient pilgrim and trade routes and its just the shortest route from a to b.
>>
>>2204648
Japn doesn't hvar mountains, only volcanoes and millions of steep mud heaps. It fucking sucks to traverse that mud and there's very little to see in those pine forests. The leaf and bamboo parts are even worse, as they are so dense they can't be traversed at all, and are teeming with spiders and insects.
There's a reason all the japs stay in their flat paddy valleys.
>>
>>2205317
>Japan doesn't have
Sorry, had a stroke
>>
>>2205303
I agree. Jotunheimen is pretty crowded, but if you dont go those typical cabin - to-cabin trails and instead wild camp and go away from he trails you get easily solitude. The cabin-to-cabin stuff is mostly old people and familys.
>>
Malaysian here and enjoying the comfy rainforest. Access to nice /out/ spots can be tough but it keeps the littering normies away
>>
>>2204850
I'm guessing this is just right to roam, couldn't imagine not having it desu, speaking as a bong.
>>
>>2205227
>easy to own guns (necessity imho)
But like 95% of /out/ activities dont require a gun.

Its not like i need a gun to go sailing, mountaineering, mountainbiking etc.
Infact a gun is detrimental to pretty much all of those.

Unless all you do is hunting or you are hiking in the middle of nowhere i can't see why you'd consider a firearm essential (not that they aren't nice to have).
>>
>>2206071
>But like 95% of /out/ activities dont require a gun.
this. for some reason a lot of the underaged never/out/ newfriends delude themselves into thinking a gun is required to go on a 5 mile dayhike.

I mean if I'm doing a relaxed 8 mile out and back overnighter and I might bring a 22 pistol to plink with, but I usually don't bring a gun /out/ unless i'm actually hunting
>>
>>2203420
>You should move to the US or Canada
I sympathize with him but he should not
>>
>>2206071
I understand they don't. In fact I think you can put it to 100% if you don't wander into land with dangerous game and predators. Even then the likelihood of something dangerous happening is very low. However there is something reassuring about being able to defuse a situation where it is life and death with relative ease just because you're packing something that can stop bears, two meter giants and five against one. If God made men unequal, Mr. Colt certainly has done enough to make them more on an even ground. But my reasons for admiring countries like America and Switzerland for those reasons quickly veers away from /out/doors discussions and into the political and in different spheres that shouldn't belong here.
>>
>>2206082
I'm the guy he replied to, and I am from Europe in a country where a gun is absolutely useless in 99,9% of situations. I guess I meant it's a necessity as far as civil protection, self respect and upholding of rights goes, but like I said in an another post, this isn't really a discussion that belongs on /out/ ITT at least.
>>
>>2204855
>>2204855
Italy really needs a 50% population cull so that we can enjoy the Alps, Appenines and beaches for real
>>
>>2203181
>only burgercucks feel the need to constantly "prove" they're going out
>this somehow means others don't
American education, everybody.
>>
>>2206308
>Implying OP isn't right
>>
>>2206308
Americans don't blindly trust people; maybe it's why our nation is still bleeding out instead of being culturally dead.
>>
File: 1618557837231.jpg (3.36 MB, 2064x1161)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
/out/ in QLD/NSW is pretty damn good. Low population density outside of the cities/'burbs, shitloads of land even excluding the arid bits. Can drive to a bunch of bigass national parks or state forests, or just ride my bike down to the local ones. Tourists basically all keeping to the touristy spots because the ones that don't often find themselves either dead or in need of rescue, and even the touristy spots have fairly frequent rescues.
But yes this board blows, 80% of the board is ameritards and eurofags getting assblasted at each other and sharting their pants.
>>
>>2204013
You mean there's no /out/ in Europe proper, just on the Nordic/Slavic fringes.
>>
>>2207604
It's different. Not quite the same as going in complete wilderness, but you still get a lot out of by going to the Alps and less densely populated areas. Unless you purely measure /out/ by how far you can get away from normals, which in itself is a respectable metric.
>>
>>2207604
I think all of Europe has /out/ just in a much smaller scale than the US/Canada.
>>
>>2207430
Could you build a farmhouse in the outback without feds destroying your shit?
>>
>>2208865
Depends on where you put it. If you're not near anything then you could probably build a shack and nobody will know or care for several years at least.
>>
>>2208865
As long as you don’t fuck shit up and start leaving plastic and other crap all over the place no one is gonna care
>>
As a German I've been to some nice spots in my country. And even if it's not exactly allowed to camp anywhere, none will have an issue of you behave respectfully (no noise, small fire, leave no trash behind). Same goes for Poland and Ireland as far as I experienced.
Scotland on the other hand you are allowed to camp anywhere that isn't protected zone or private land. And if you meet someone in your travels they'll often ask if you need anything etc. Amazing country with amazing mountains.
Spain's next for me in winter.
>>
>>2207430
You have no dangerous megafauna. America and Europe at least got bears wolves and big cats.
>>
>>2208932
Crocs are a serious issue in the north, and we still have wild pigs that can easily fuck you up, but you are otherwise correct.
I see that as a good and bad thing. It's nice not to have to worry about what I'm attracting to my camp when I cook, but on the other hand big carnivores are cool.
>>
>>2208932
I want to see a wolf or bear so bad.
>>
>>2203447
Pattie goniabros.. we got too cocky
>>
>>2203226
Come to Spain. We have everyhing you want and more. We are the Top1 country in the world (USA is second) in Unesco Natural Biospere Reserves for ex.

We also hold 50% of all the flora and fauna of Europe.
>>
>>2204028
I thought Tasmania had a deer infestation problem?
>>
>>2208932
Yeah it's a shame. Still we're not as bad as NZ which has no natives bigger than a little fat flightless bird
>>
>>2203181
>America
>/out/
>when it's so densely populated that you hit a town or a road every 5miles no matter where you go
>unless you go to Alaska, where it's just flat empty fields chock full of mosquitos

If you want /out/ you need to be in Australia, Canada or the east half of Russia.
The rest of the world is too urbanized at this point
>>
>>2207430
>/out/ in QLD/NSW is pretty damn good.
there's no real mountains though until you get to the qld/vic border
>>
>>2206071
You obviously don't live in a place with rabid niggers.
>>
File: 1628469919629.png (26 KB, 201x201)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>2210236
There's decent ones near Cairns too.
>>
>>2210227
>Alaska
>Mosquitos
Wat
>>
>>2210227
The fuck are you talking about? Not all of America is California retard. The midwest is still light on people with huge swathes of land. It also has the benefit of not being a fuck off desert where everything tries to kill you, or an icy hellhole.
>>
>>2203181
Looks kinda like Utah
>>
>>2209274
Camping laws and culture suck dick in Spain. At least it has some of the best climbing areas in the world.
>>
>>2204028
I’d love to live in Tasmania. I’m a Bong but love Australians and Kiwis, round about a quarter of family is antipodean , rural NZ or Tasmania would be a dream
>>
>>2210292
>Not all of America is California retard. The midwest is still light on people with huge swathes of land.
The Midwest is more densely populated than California, pal.
>>
File: 7iqmhxnt8l861.jpg (40 KB, 853x768)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2210627
>an entire region is more densely populated than a state
>>
>>2210635
>nonsense comment angrily rationalizing how there's zero wilderness where he lives
>>
>>2210640
I live twenty minutes from a wilderness area though? Actually I live near a bunch of them.
>>
>>2209340
there is a few but not many left
>>
>>2210679
Sure you do, buddy.
>>
>>2210815
You proved my point...?
>>
>>2210815
I wonder how hiking around the Western US feels like
>>
>>2211899
Feels amazing. The amount of coping by seething yuros in this thread should tell you how mind-blowing it is.
>>
>>2204039
>>2204041
>>2204043
>tfw not greek
most beautiful country in the world
>>
>>2204855
To be fair, your region was literally the Roman heartland. You can't expect something to be that densely populated for so long and not be overrun with humans.
>>
>>2210627
I don't like this map !
captcha GDP-8J
>>
>>2212984
I bet at least it has nice views and things to see.
>>
>>2203181
>there's not discussion about Europe
Good, /out/ is one of the few boards that hasn't been completely trashed by them over the past few years. Let's keep it that way.
>>
>>2210291
>he doesnt know
>>
>>2214743
Nah, its the americans that trash these boards all time. Especially with their silly politics and worldview. There are actually a decent amount of nordic people here.
>>
>>2215156
>Especially with their silly politics and worldview
Lol, I'm genuinely curious, do you believe that Europeans abstain from shitting up boards with obnoxious political discussion? (P.S. being incapable of holding a discussion without it devolving into how America is ruining everything or talking about how BASED CHINA is going to dethrone the US as the world's lone superpower and save epic evropa awesomesauce!!! is inherently political)

>There are actually a decent amount of nordic people here.
I never said this place is devoid of eurofags (sadly), just that there aren't enough to trash /out/. I think it speaks volumes that the average underaged /b/tard from 10 years ago was more tolerable than the average 9gag transplant eurofags that plague this site now.
>>
>>2203181
I think it's because the US and Canada have one of the most beautiful /out/ landscapes out there plus both of them are Anglophone countries so it's really easy to come here and post their opinions, Euros have their own spaces and not a lot of them know English and/or know of this place.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>2204046
Tons of peoples have cars in the Netherlands. Heck I live near the beach in the Netherlands and I have 2 cars. Going camping this weekend, Netherlands has outdoors, but you will see other people and there are alot of rules. It's a comfy country tho, been to the white mountains in murica and that has more rough nature of, but for the feeling it doesn't matter much if you sit by a campfire (allowed on the camping ground) in the Netherlands or in the white mountains in USA.
>>
>>2210613
Fuck off we're full
>>
>>2215389
Not everyone is a /pol/tard, or worse, an /int/autist. Most people don't give a shit about imaginary Europe vs America wars.
>>
>>2214743
Some euros are good at mountaineering but for the most part I wouldn't take their /out/ advice.
>>
>>2216631
Ah, but along with your fire, you don't get that sunset view of the Owens Valley (deepest valley in the USA, baby!) or into Nevada.
To be fair I haven't been to the Netherlands, so the scenery is also probably not at all bad.
>>
>>2216773
You mean euros are the best at mountaineering and climbing of any sorts. Competitions and all the hardest climbs have been done by euros at the very peak. IIRC most top peaks had their cherry popped by euros too.
>>
>>2216814
Stop posting about my state. Fuck off we're full.
>>
>>2203181
I am french and seething with jealousy at American and nordic /out/. It is almost completely impossible to get a true /out/ experience here. No space and you are not allowed to do anything.
>>
>>2217531
Wtf, I thought France was /out/ kino?
>>
>>2217531
>laughs in Japanese

even you europoors have it good.
>>
>>2217502
Nevada was full long ago. I can't believe you retards and your lawns have survived as long as you have. Good luck dude.
>>
>>2217502
Unless you have an alludial landhold that has been passed down to you, you are not from Nevada and Californians have the right to take any land they can outpurchase you on.
>>
>>2218604
What the fuck, Isn't Hokkaido covered in mountains and forest? Y'all even have the shinkansen and everything to make a weekend trip possible without the car bullshit. Is it a convenience thing, or is it a lack of available camping space?
>>
>>2218614
>enjoy your campsite
>a five minute walk from the city.

You have to hike for days just get away from seeing a town. Even then, you’ll still see huts, or lights reflecting from the city. There is no true /out/ in Japan, I have spent a lot of time in the ‘backcountry’ here and compared to American out, remote does not exist. You are always within a few kilometers of civilization.

The mountains are quite nice though, and so,times you can find little nooks and valleys to hide in.

Off season is best because nips tend to be afraid of hiking in snow unless they are fringe mountaineers,
>>
>>2203181
Don’t know about other Europeans but I can’t afford to go out as there’s nothing nearby and travelling is too expensive. You can’t camp anywhere as well.
>>
>>2217531
>>2218604
>>2218618
Meanwhile in **New York**, a famously urban and populous state. There is no human settlement of any kind along that line, no roads no houses, only occasional trails and sparse DEC lean-to campsites, and very rarely a timber cut, but those are uncommon once you get a mile off the roads.

This is 200 miles from NYC and there are similar swathes of land all over in the Adirondack Mountains,
I live ~40 miles south of pic related and will likely be up there hunting bear in the next couple weeks.
>>
>>2218612
>you are not from Nevada
Imagine being this retarded.
>>
>>2218859
How do you get Google maps like that
>>
>>2219015
Its a screenshot taken from google which I believe is still free software. Legit my favorite piece of software of the last decade.
>>
>>2219038
Google Earth Pro**
>>
>>2204267
haven't been, but I'm pretty sure there's decent /out/ in Japan. The population is concentrated in the arable flatlands while much of the terrain is mountainous.
>>
>>2203181
Brazilian fag here. And yeah, there should be continent/country specific threads for us arround the world. Shit is not as easy as in US
>>
>>2218844
I lived in Germany, Switzerland and Denmark and while all of them are comparatively shit for going /out/, its still good to just hop in the car/on a train, pack your stuff and go off the beaten path. You can find nice, quiet places everywhere.
>>
I built my own little bushcraft compound here in Germany, got the space by helping out old folks and one agreed to gift me her land. It‘s surrounded by forests nobody cares about and secluded enough that nobody has ever complained about campfires. It‘s not very far from civilization, but I can build things, make campfires and drink beer/whisky there without anyone complaining, so that’s as good as it can be.
>>
Man, fuck you guys. I just want to own land somewhere in bumfuck nowhere US, drive a truck, shoot guns and hike from my backyard with my Dog. Fuck europe, everything is gay here. Especially germany is cucked beyond repair.
>>
>>2220370
Kek. You're never going to make it.
>>
>>2206308
One time I went out with an exchange student from UK. They kept whispering shit like someone was listening and told me all women are gay.
>>
>>2210227
You really need to visit more of America. As a response, Americans think you live on a ring that surrounds a giant desert, and that's actually a bit correct. There's 400,000 acres of national forest less than 3 hours drive from Los Angeles. There's a combined 189,000,000 acres of just parks in the country. That doesn't even include undeveloped areas like Wyoming.
>>
>>2211899
Its extremely nice. Even those small blue dots around the rest of the country are huge. Alot of people have no idea how big the USA is. Compare this map of texas to the map of US parks from this seething European >>2210815. Texas, specifically, is know for having very little public land and even then, there combined parks are bigger than Switzerland. If you just take the western US parks, there are more parks than Europe has land and there will be roads.
>>
File: IMG_20210929_203954.jpg (567 KB, 1473x1112)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
Not sure I understand the dick measuring some of you feel the need to do.

I used to live near Yosemite and spent many a night in the Sierra Nevada. Yeah, it was great.

Now, I live in the dolomites in northern Italy. And yeah, it's great.

To be honest both are places have big high mountains, vast space of undamaged land - many places off the regular paths where you can just chill and camp a few days.

I get we are on a Chilean goat herder enthusiast forum but the constant need to feel better than others and defend yourself is just so eeeeehh. We should be happy that other anons get to enjoy good nature, and encourage those without to experience what we get the chance to do.

Picrel, me and my son enjoying some rock skipping a few weeks ago when it was still summer.
>>
>>2220705
How did you end up in Italy all the way from the US Anon
>>
>>2203226
my condolences friend, i travelled once there and i loved that you seem to have a shitload of nice parks and foresty areas very close to cities, and you can get there by bike so easy, but it really bothered me that the country is so fucking flat, i was astonished at how straight every road is and how boring and plain the landscape is
>>
File: Pre-Alps.jpg (1.77 MB, 4912x2760)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>2220726
Want me to be honest?

In the US things were just slipping in the wrong direction. I'm a Cali born anon, and I didn't have any issues with people of any background. Around the time I turned 18 (2010), and up until I left (2014) - I just couldn't enjoy living there anymore. I used to be 'left' leaning, in the sense that I liked national healthcare, wanted more worker rights - social capitalism.

On this underwater basket weaving forum - I'm not even white, since I'm /med/ genes. But in the US? California started really ramping up with dumb idealogies. They aren't left, or right wing. They're just nonsensical.

I started seeing stuff like this: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/24/berkeley-protesters-form-human-chain-stop-white-st/ (when this happened I had already left, but it gets the point across)

Basically, it became unpleasant to say the least to be white, but not 6 ft + McChad genetics and super buff. All I saw was a sick society, a shitton of obese and mentally ill people, and way too many girls who overvalue themselves. If you live in the US, you know how it goes. Any girl who would actually be considered NOT overweight has dozens of guys slobbing after her online and IRL. I wasn't exactly lighting it up (yeah, I had a few gf's and some flings - but they were somewhat chubby, or fat, or totally childish).

My dad's family is typical English/German mix, he's a big dude. My mom is a Portuguese immigrant. I used to also have some kids say shit like 'you're not actually American' because my mom immigrated here from Europe ????. I had the same shit said to me a few times during some world cup games I watched in a bar in 2014 by some Cali rednecks. And sure, you brush it off, but you know that sentiment is there for a sizeable portion of the population.

Cont.

I'll post some pictures from my /out/ings - nothing to do with story.
>>
File: Dolomites.jpg (666 KB, 1632x1224)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
>>2220764
So 'white' people don't necessarily accept me, 'left' people don't like me since I'm white, and when I try to argue for national healthcare and shit people say, "Well if you like Europe so fucking much, why don't you move there?"

And you know what? They were right. Why in god's fucking name should I try to convince these outspoken rude fucks who are all in massive debt and work 50-60 hour work weeks that we should change the status quo?

Still, no degree and not alot of funds isn't going to make moving to Europe simple. Well, after saving for a year (working as a sand-blaster in shit conditions in the bakersfield oil fields) - I decided to take an 80 day vacation to Europe. I'd sleep /out/ style, and maybe pay for a hostel here and there for a proper shower (although I used rivers alot, I went in the summer and had at least somewhat planned where I'd more or less camp).

Now, at the time I was (still am, enough) pretty /fit/. Yeah, I lifted, did cardio - nothing even remotely close to Zyzz-like - but definitely respectable.

I decided on Italy. Why not Portugal, since my mom is from there? Well, Italy (the north) has a strong economy, and frankly, mountains and four proper seasons. Portugal while familiar didn't offer these critical things (good economy, mountains - and boy I love my fucking mountains).

The first three days I had booked a hostel, at least to see the local city before I headed /out/. I didn't want to just see nature, I was quite curious about Italian language and just seeing a new country. My first day in the country, I went into a lunch/bar thing, and started asking questions on how to say the stuff in Italian (obviously asking in English, as I knew fuckall Italian). The girl behind the counter couldn't understand me, and she goes and calls her co-worker.

Cont.
>>
File: Dolomites 2.jpg (373 KB, 1280x960)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>2220767

Fuck me man, that girl was gorgeous. Bangs, dark brown hair, green eyes, fit....holy nut balls. She helps me to say a few words in Italian, and she also does my checkout (restaraunts where you get a tray and go sit down). While paying, I ask her if she knows """anyone"""" that can help me learn Italian.

I'll be damned, I got her number. Well, she must've realized later on that day that I was interested in a bit more than just learning Italian, because she didn't respond to my text for the next two weeks. On one of my daily move back towards cell tower days, as at this point I'm /out/ing now since over a week - I see she's invited me to some drinks with some of her friends that night. She later told me that she felt bad for not responding.

Important side note - she'd be an 8.5-9/10 in the US. But here? Yeah, slightly above average but nothing special. And also...there is more parity here in dating. Girls don't have this super high value - and their standards aren't skewed. As long as you aren't some chubby ++ dude, and you keep in shape and aren't ugly as all balls - women will speak to you and be interested if you know how to have a good convo and you guys happen to click based on personality and interests.

These outings with a few people happened a few more times, and at some point I told her that unless we were gonna date I was done talking to her because I've fallen for her and I'm either getting her on moving on.

Ah well, I married her a year later. She came back to the states with me, saw the US for what it really is (lots of homeless, lots of sick and fat people) - I saved up some more money working oil fields, and when she became pregnant we fucked off to Europe, I got my 'green card' (obv not called that here) and started looking for work, and yeah.

I really must say those Americans who told me to fuck off to Europe - they were right. It's basically exactly what I was looking for
>>
>>2203181
Been selling /out/ patches and there's almost equal amount going outside US as there is within. Mostly Europe, Canada, and Australia.
>>
>>2203428
>I've seen dudes that are 40 that have never made more than $18/h in their life because they devote their entire lives to "shredding the gnar, bro".

I'm 25, been working an office job for 4 years now and did college before that. I'll tell you I'm very much jealous of that stress free life of a lift operator or some shit for $18/hr with a free season lift pass.
>>
>>2203181
Truth hurts if you ain't born in the best country on earth
> tfw you spend days in any of our hundreds of national parks and don't see a soul the entire time

how does everyone else even cope with their shitty existence?
>>
>>2220768
Please stop, I’m going to cry
>>
>>2220768
pics or fuck off with your normie life larping
>>
File: IMG_20210930_120852.jpg (647 KB, 1600x1200)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>>2221201
I've already posted 4, including >>2220705
Which is my son and I. You know I can't post faces anon.

If you think larping about moving to another country is a worthy larp, and beyond that pretending to be married and having a kid - I feel for you anon.
>>
>>2220768
Although I'm a "white" white from urban California, I otherwise completely understand where you're coming from. I'm not sure what those rednecks in the bar were going on about in regards to being "American", that's a load of shit. I try to reassure myself that similar stupidity exists in spades in all nations.
Thanks for sharing that full story, and congratulations that it's worked out for you. You're right about the confrontational nature of many posters here, it does hold the site back a lot.

>>2221756
No. He was pretty explicit, in the text you quoted, that new ideologies developed while he was there. He didn't recognize them as being traditionally left wing, but they have become popular enough that they are de facto the new primary holders of that banner. I'm a social capitalist too, and the left really is splintering. To some degree, it's fortunate that the right is also, so I'm hoping that there will be a shake up and a new, more rational middle-ground party can pull the non-identity-politicking survivors from both sides. The US is very sick and I don't blame him for leaving when the odds of being able to save the patient get slimmer all the time. Texas is even more fucked than California, anyway.
>>
>>2203181
the rest of the world is too busy enjoying nature and not larping on 4chan about it.
>>
>>2203181
Are you from Tenerife? I'm from there, I will post some Teide photos that I have taken over the years later.
>>
>>2205227
This is true. Also, America, Russia and Central Asia have a certain untamed and liberating feeling, as in certain areas you can go miles and miles and not see a trace of civilization. In many other countries, including mine, the wilderness is tamed, delimited, watched over.
At least that's the feeling I get, never been to NA though.
>>
>>2203181
>Teide National Park on Tenerife, Spain
I can't even go there because of altitude sickness...
What are some good /out/ holidays below 2000m in Yurop?
>>
>>2221938
Boy you're gonna love it here. Portugal only has one or two 2000+ meter mountains. I'd suggest the north or the islands.
>>
>>2220768
>>2220767
Based af
Gl here
>>
>>2220768
based and lovepilled
>>
>>2221921
you wrote all this text...
...and it turned out worth reading.
just curious what job did you land in italy?
>>
>>2221955

I'm a machinist at a local factory.
>>
File: IMG_3060.jpg (4.49 MB, 3024x4032)
4.49 MB
4.49 MB JPG
Idk man I'm living in Bulgaria and been enjoying /out/ a lot these past 2-3 years. My village is basically right next to the Rhodope mountains and the moment I step out of my back yard I'm in the forest. 10 minutes of walking the chances of seeing someone are close to 0%

Been comfy so far and been traveling around Bulgaria a lot lately to hit up different trails, but I mostly just wander around the nearby woods not following a preset trail or whatever and occasionally camp.

1/? - dirt road leading up to a stream/river.
>>
File: IMG_3061.jpg (4.14 MB, 3024x4032)
4.14 MB
4.14 MB JPG
>>2221976
2/?
me and my buddy decided to follow a goat trail(?) for a bit. It was perilous and had to slide down on the otherside, but only tore up my left forearm on some thorns, but nothing too bad.
>>
File: IMG_3062.jpg (4.32 MB, 4032x3024)
4.32 MB
4.32 MB JPG
>>2221978
another descent and some sliding on our asses
>>
File: IMG_3062 (2).jpg (4.72 MB, 3024x4032)
4.72 MB
4.72 MB JPG
>>2221979
finally found the stream/river
>>
File: IMG_3066.jpg (3.97 MB, 3024x4032)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
>>2221981
finally 5/5 - found us a nice flat space next to the srteam/river where we sat for a while and ate some of the mushrooms we found along the way.
/comfy/
>>
>>2221976
>>2221978
>>2221979
>>2221981
>>2221982

Kek this is so shit. Looks like the automatically generated landscape at the edge of the game map that has no substance.
>>
NZ. We get by.
Tourists here usually see only a fraction of what’s on offer here, most of our really good stuff is tucked away in pretty obscure spots, even in busy regions
>>
>>2203181
Nice
>>
>>2223209

> t. cityshitter

Dude is more /out/ than you'll ever be
>>
>>2223223
I've been a tourist in NZ for the past 2 years
I met many other tourists in that span of time and my impression is that they pretty much ignore the north island for /out/ besides the iconic Tongariro and Taranaki hikes, and when it comes to the south will never definitely stick to the most famous tracks and places.

Honestly these places are famous for a reason, they're nothing wrong with wanting to do Milford track, Roy's Peak, Mueller Hut and whatnot. But I've also had absolute blasts going to places like mount Richmond and Victoria forests parks, or the Erye mountains despite them being completely irrelevant. Hell even the whole Kahurangi area despite being a national park and so close to the tourist magnet that is Abel Tasman is pretty much devoid of foreigners in my experience, and of people at all on its west coast side

I just started looking at satellite maps for uninterrupted green/mountainous areas, basically, and it turns out there's a lot. Also you figure out to get away from the state highway and towns, most people can't be bothered to do 2 hours or gravel road one way if they only have a weekend

I do see encounter people occasionally on my hikes as I'm not an extreme off trailer bushwalker or whatever, but they're always kiwis and usually local if we end up chatting
>>
Also what the north island lacks in tall mountains it makes up in beaches tbf
They're easily accessible but the littoral remains underdeveloped enough
Sure it's mostly farmlands beyond the dunes but a fine beach by the ocean is a fine beach by the ocean. I really like the stretch of coast from Cape Palliser to Castle Point. Fucking bumfuck nowhere for north standards and away from any major touristic spot unlike the gorgeous but obvious Northland for instance
>>
File: 20211002_095530.jpg (731 KB, 2016x1512)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
I am from Costa Rica. Plenty of opportunities to go /out/, but if you are careless in the jungle, like the two retarded European girls who went to Panama, even a small critter can fuck you up in an instant.
>>
>>2203420
Nevada is fucking beautiful and highly under-appreciated. And I hope it stays that way so more people don’t find out about it. Only retards who think that going /out/ has to involve forests and water (lakes/rivers) deserve to stay in their larping, tourist trap, fake /out/ excursions.
>>
Fuck off to your containment board with the political bullshit you fucking fags
>>
>>2204855
>Lazio
Parts of Abruzzo have some pretty good outdoors. And outside of August it's pretty empty.
>>
>>2223209
cope harder citydweller
>>
>>2210227
>America
>densely populated
>>
>>2225442
It's not, Anon.
>>
>>2203226
Love the Netherlands but it sucks for hiking for sure. I was out in West Texas and met a Dutch woman who said they had areas in the Netherlands as remote as Big Bend. I just nodded but internally I was thinking that is definitely not true lmao.
>>
>>2203226
My grandpa immigrated from holland to canada and basically became a naturalist, i think he was fascinated with the abundance of nature here and became a real expert when it comes to woodsmanship.
>>
>>2209274
You got shit camping laws and stuff compared to us in northern europe though. Spain is really beautiful and diverse, I will give you that
>>
>>2227483
I want to visit Tenerife, OP pic looks very nice.
>>
>>2203422
Yea it makes sense to camp on property you own, so you can build structures or fires without breaking any laws. Why do hikers assume they are the only people who go /out /? There's tons of activities to do out doors.
>>
>>2203422
>Americans own property and camp out on it
>just having a relaxed time, live in the moment
>urinepeons have to leave their tenement and ask the government for a field trip slip to go outside
>take many pictures while able to
>Haha, proof that the EU is more /out/ !
>>
>>2206308
Because in Europe you are taught that people in America like camping? What other useless shit are you taught in Europe? Other than how to let immigrants rape your kids
>>
>>2210291
Did you know it's not always winter over there? And there is large bodies of water. Warmth and large bodies of water = mosquitos
>>
>>2223519
Do we have NevadaAnons that have visited Europe and can tell us their experience?
>>
File: farmed.png (341 KB, 740x240)
341 KB
341 KB PNG
There's just no wilderness in my part of Europe. My city is actually surrounded by forests so that's nice, but you're never further away than 3km from the edge of the forest.

At least our forests, while still mostly managed forests, are farmed reasonably sparingly due to their hilly nature - 99% of forests in my country look like picture related instead.

Open space outside of cities is all farmed fields. Not even pastures for the most part. We do some mountains and some decent rivers and lakes but that's about it.
>>
>>2203181
Because we’re poor. Americans are filthy rich. There’s nothing /out/ related to do nearby and all the cool places are too far away; and you can’t live there because there are either no jobs or it’s too expensive.
>>
>>2231874
I think Europe has nice /out/ spots, you just need to know where to search.
>>
>>2203181
almost no wilderness or nature left in europe. plus extremely high population density compared to usa. and ancap property laws.

everything is already owned and used by someone, very often fenced off and if not you will still attract an angry land owner who will scream at you for daring to set foot on his land and will threaten you with court action. simply walking on someone elses land can cost you hundreds of euros in fines for trespassing.

so even if you see a little forest, technically youre not allowed to go there and the owner can sue you for trespassing.

so you are limited to a bunch of designated hiking or walking trails that are used by a million tourists. its very depressing actually.
>>
>>2232991
>everything is already owned and used by someone, very often fenced off and if not you will still attract an angry land owner who will scream at you for daring to set foot on his land and will threaten you with court action. simply walking on someone elses land can cost you hundreds of euros in fines for trespassing.
This is bullshit lmao.
>>
>>2203428
>I've seen dudes that are 40 that have never made more than $18/h in their life because they devote their entire lives to "shredding the gnar, bro".

So what? They're living it up while you seethe like a wagie bitch.
>>
>>2223209
Rude as fuck.
>>
>>2232980
Where then?
>>
>>2235614
Norway
Switzerland
France
Scotland
>>
>>2220764
>>2220767
>>2220768
Pretty cool and whitepilling story anon. I'm glad you found happiness here in Europe, may the best happen to you and your family.
>>2221201
Big fat cope.
>>2221756
>finally flees to shit up some other places except he goes all the way to Europe instead of stopping in Texas - Specimen #51648459.
You do realize that the policies he described agreeing with (healthcare and worker rights) are already the norm in most European countries and aren't challenged by most European right wing populist parties, right? So he has nothing to "shit up" since his ideas are already the normal deal here.
>>
>>2227458
Based grandpa
>>
>>2203181
I live in Romania, and I think I can speak on behalf of all the balkans, you couldn't be more wrong. I can just go into any wilderness I want, for how long I want. The state lets you do that for free, no one bothers to keep watch on you. Even on private land, if you just pass trough and don't fuck up the place, nobody will bother you. It's really unlikely you'll meet anyone.
>>
File: y5m-2080736_1000x666.jpg (203 KB, 1000x666)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
The good thing about Spain is that we are packed in the cities, so rural areas and nature are quite isolated. We have half of all flora and fauna diversity of Europe and Top1 country in the world in Biosphere nature reserves (USA is 2nd)

Now we have a vulcano making us a new island in La Palma.
>>
File: 1633097349213.jpg (295 KB, 745x745)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>2236723
>>
>>2203994

>US
>a single climate

Anon, the US has temperate forest, desert, swamp, tundra, plains….

There isn’t one US climate
>>
>>2220370
Based

Come visit. You’re welcome anytime with that attitude
>>
>>2203428

Based. Wish I could be so care free.

>t. Multi millionaire workaholic who will never just retire and enjoy life
>>
>>2203994
you stoopid
>>
>>2204535
I just wanna say that I dislike both jews and muslims. Keep up genociding each other!
>>
>>2236749
More like wagie stuck at dead end job making less than 50k a year.
>>
>>2238111
At least he's not starving, Anon.
>>
>>2221938
Spain and Portugall are actually very flat.
>>
>>2203181
>I feel like you can't really enjoy /out/ if you aren't American. Almost every post is US/Canada related
Based
>>
>>2203428
>all the seething replies to this
KEK. Fuck ski bums and snowboarders anon.
>>
>>2239673
Europeans also go /out/ too.
>>
>>2220768
but how "accepted" are you there? you mentioned this stuff about having to brush off comments but i imagine europe to be far worse in that regard than the US. im slav/balkan and could pass as a german if my name werent such a deas giveaway, i was born In germany and grew up in a really small town, my parents were yugoslavs and i was one of maybe 3 immigrant kids in school (now it changed a lot because of the refugee crisis) and these comments about my "people" or whatever never really stopped. it was never anything harsh tho, im not less respected because of that but man, it just wont stop
>>
>>2241774

I can't speak for all of Europe, or even most of Italy for that matter. You know better than me that there's a lot of smaller subculture in every region of Europe, even within the same modern day country.

The region I'm in has an American air base. The region I'm in benefitted immensely from the Marshal Plan. So while people aren't exactly in love with American Military, they appreciate what the USA did to help (even if it was in it's own interest). Some major schools and roads and stuff were built here because of the Americans. Their spending in the post war period helped a lot (but there were also many degenerate soldiers too).

So, since I'm American, but I speak with a very clean accent (people who don't know me think I'm Spanish/Portuguese from the accent) - people are pleasantly surprised when I tell them I'm a yank. They're accustomed to military types that don't really integrate or learn the language, so I'm definitely an odd ball out, but in a good way.

I've never once had people make comments about "my people", but I also don't act like a stereotypical yank. I'm integrated in the sense that my habits are like the locals, I dress like them, and people know how much I love it here. You won't find me celebrating American holidays or flying an American flag.
>>
>>2203226
Check out the Juneau area when you get the chance.
>>
>>2241081
>urinepeon "/out/"
Kek
>>2241784
I thought you said you were done with this thread?
Didn't you ragequit a month ago ?
>>
>>2241896

I'm done arguing with people trying to pick a fight, troll, or just rile others up.

If an anon has an honest question and he was asking for an honest evaluation on my own experience, I don't mind answering that. Sometimes it's easy to forget what website this is. That said, my entire point in sharing the whole story initially was because an anon asked, and I also hope that if other American anons read that story - that they could see a possible way to leave and live a better life.
>>
>>2241922
You aren't American.
>>
Ever since I moved back to the countryside I got heavily into hiking. I think I did around 20 tours this summer alone, almost every weekend basically.
I'm planning on doing vacation in places where I can go hike too and most importantly have as little light pollution as possible to get some nice milky way shots at night.
t. German now living close to the alps, I love it.
>>
File: IMG_20211102_060525.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x2560)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
I can enjoy /out/ in my 30 square meters European apartment anytime.
>>
File: IMG_20211102_065330.jpg (564 KB, 1920x2560)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
European camping isn't any inferior than camping in other regions, having a roof above your tent makes things much easier anyway.
>>
>>2242224
Right. Tarp is for larp.
>>
File: 20210125_151038_capture.jpg (1.3 MB, 1440x1080)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>tfw Argentina is big and diverse but I live in the flat lands far away from these regions
>>
>>2203447
Seems like the average American is more /out/ than the average European, BUT the most /out/ Europeans are usually more /out/ than any Americans
>>
File: cocuy-1024x576.png (1.12 MB, 1024x576)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>2203181
Colombian here. Colombia is the second most biodiverse country only behind Brazil. Our geography is quite diverse and you get a lot of weathers, fauna and flora depending on elevation.

Problem being that most national parks and reserves are just small fenced areas and not a lot of wilderness. And wherever is actually wild, you get guerrillas and paramilitary. So basically red zones, luckily that can be mostly avoided.

Pic related our permafrost mountains

Forested area close to where I live, Neusa reserve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLBKsdf36e8

You get deserted areas like Punta gallinas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLaHocPi0Tk

The amazon jungle https://youtu.be/uM9unw5x35s

The flatlands, which is basically cowboy county https://youtu.be/S2qHerDz-l4?t=178

You should come. Dollars or Euros go a long way here.
>>
>>2242939
Hello, fellow sudaca.
I'd love to go to San Andrés.
>>
>>2223241
>>2223246
>>2223223
NZ here too. I would love to get into /out/ing, but honestly I have no idea where to start. The "real" out experience to me feels awfully nerfed here, though I'm speaking very naiively: the water is all poisoned to get rid of invasive mammals (if it isn't from agricultural runoff or old mines) and the bush is so dense and confined to the hills and mountains that you can really only tramp along established trails. The typical NZ bush is simply not my preferred environment, I want a forest with big trees and potable water, where should I move?
>>
>>2204049
>mfw I'm a poor faggot
>>
>>2242939
Isn't the country a lot safer now?
I heard that your main faction of angry jungle dwellers made peace with the government
>>
>>2203181
I'm european and I don't enjoy /out/. Not because I live in europe but because 90% of threads is irrelevant discussions about best gear/the fantasies about living off the grid/ the fantasies about first hike/meeting wild animal etc.
>>
>>2243145
There are two sides to violence in latin america. War/"terrorism" and crime. Some countries only suffer from normal, every day crime like the US. And countries like venezuela, mexico and colombia deal with both.

The Colombian government signed a deal with the main guerrilla group FARC but there are still several others. So wherever the FARC left a power vacuum, other assholes jumped in. Those areas are quite hot right now, but there are no main cities there and a gringo would have no reason to go. Hell, most colombians have no reason to go there. They're mostly fighting over trafficking routes.

On the other side the Venezuelan government is helping the left wing guerrillas from their territory and by having literally no food, jobs, or jackshit they're causing a mass migration from Venezuela to Colombia. That alongside with covid has made other type of crime rise. Muggings, drug related shootings, home invasions. We blame venezuelans of our problems the same way americans blame mexicans of theirs.

Anyway. Since we're talking about the outdoors the main concern would be armed groups and those can be avoided. They're contained in the wildest areas and most tourist spots are under government control.
>>
>>2243115
South Island. Duh.
>>
>>2209274
The fuck are you talking about? I'm Spanish as well and it's just like OP describes. You can't camp, set up a small fire or get away from civilization to the point of not seeing anyone. And SEPRONA will fine you big time if they see you off track or swimming in some of those biosphere reserves as well.

It's a beautiful and diverse country, yes, but more for /p/ than for /out/.
>>
>>2203428
>t. corporate wageslave who goes to bed crying
>>
I spent the time during covid exploring my area in a 20 mile radius on foot. In Europe, let me tell you there is no /out/. I found 2-3 spots where I have to hide to avoid joggers and cyclists. To get there I usually need 1-2 hours. The trip can be 4 hours of walking, 1 hour of being out where there is nobody but nature. This is not optimal 5 hours with 60 minutes of nature. The alternative is go to a park which takes 10 minutes but you have to watch out for skater edgy teens and drug addicts. I did grow up rural but I had to drive for 2 hours to get groceries.
>>
>>2243903
At least he works.
>>
>>2207269
What in the hell are you talking about
>>
>>2203181
>People who stay /in and post constantly are all mutts
>So OP feels like you can't go /out unless you're in burgerland
American education. Not even once.
>>
>>2243115
NZ as a fucking fantastic Hut system unique to NZ.
Use that as a start.
There are some really fucking amazing trails that lead to incredibly remote huts that only get 1 or 2 visitors a year.
Plus it's only like $50 for a one-year hut pass.
>>
>>2246321
Is ok nice to live so you can /out/ everyday?
>>
>>2245672
>t. didn't read the thread
>>
>>2243881
You can overnight camp. And there are many places like Picos de Europa where the probability that Seprona looks for you is 1%.

Obviously you cant live 10 days in the same spot, but no one is going to wake you up at 4am to fine you, unless it is in a populated area
>>
>>2203420
>move
Travel sure but living there doesn't seem comfy at all, expecially if you want to have kids.
>>
>>2248176
>expecially if you want to have kids.
Why not? I see Americans have kids too
>>
>>2220764
how brown are you mate
>>
>>2223519
I second this. I'm going solo to NV in a few weeks for some camping and mine exploration. Its definently underrated and should stay that way.
>>
>>2203420
I miss early covid lock down days, could go /out/ and see no planes for days
>>
>>2250171
I'm sure the planes aren't still there
>>
>>2249129
>way way more work and a lot less security/accomodations
>can't have kids walk or ride a bike to school/downtown/playground or play in the woods without risking 'neglecting' them
>uncreative playgrounds
>shitty infrastructure for everything but cars so you'll have to drive them most places
>shitty multiple choice education
>college too expensive
Also it seems uncomfortable, competitive and stressful in general, I'd rather lean back and just have fun and freetime raising them.
>>
Depends what you think is true /out/, going into mountains with a truck and guns, trekking 100 miles barefoot or just stepping out of your backdoor to forest and start picking berries or whatever. I got to admit that 'murica has some fucking great wilderness areas, but i find it stressful that you need a gun to fend off fucking akakabutos, wendigos, bigfoots, murder-cult crazies or cops limiting your freedoms. Biggest threat we have here is ticks.
>>
File: FEfEaOdVEAM7jGO.jpg (96 KB, 667x614)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>2251980
>>
>>2204043
>>
>>2251982
She got lost in the south and turned into a black girl?
>>
>>2251982
She looks better on the right now.
>>
>>2252170
/out/doors reverse michael jackson

>>2252194
true, and i think she got enough nutritions from her make-up.
>>
>>2203181
Going /out/ here in Switzerland is mostly a matter of having a nice day with family/friends or doing sport. There's not this weird glorification of the outdoor that there seems to be in the US.
Consequently people probably don't think their /out/ings are anything special and worth posting about. Doing a ski tour doesn't feel more newsworthy than going to the swimmingpool to me.
>>
>>2253352

You don't have true outdoors that's why.
I am Australian and have visited your country . While picturesque and full of charm there is zero wilderness .Everywhere you look even in the most remote spots there are signs of humanity . Of course it's not noteworthy for you because it has long been civilised and sterilized and truly is no different than going to the shops .
>>
>>2253415
Yurop in general is just an amusement park for chinese tourists to take pictures and buy some givenchy shit made by somalis in a french sweatshop
>>
>>2253423
Well, at least they go and spend money. They have to give back something.
>>
A lot of states have some really beautiful mountains and nature preserves, but are otherwise boring or unpleasant. Example: Alaska, some nice mountain ranges separated endlessly by flatland. What do you guys think is the best state in terms of having 'intrigue' for the everyday as opposed to only in parks and destinations? I was thinking Colorado or Kentucky, but maybe I'm missing something here.
>>
>>2255434
I should add that I included kentucky as one of my considerations specifically for its eastern portion. I don't know what it is about Appalachia but it seems terribly muted and Kentucky is the only Appalachian state I've been to which was more dramatic in its geography.
>>
>>2251116
But they will be there soon, Anon. Soon.
>>
>>2243973
>i explored 20 miles around my house
>let me tell you everything about this continent
>>
>>2204994
are there any efforts to reforest portugal by the government or conservation groups? or even some private individuals growing forests on their land?
>>
>>2204267
>look at an aerial view of japan, it's ALL city.
you haven't looked at an aerial map of japan
>>
>>2257002
ye i found a site that made seeds available through post offices all over and they had set goals. too tired to find an update though. i don't watch the news so i don't know about the government, what i do know is that every once in a while they'll go "oh no! our forests are all burning to the ground!", then silence.
>>
>>2257599
why do your forests burn down so regularly?
>>
>>2241784
You were never an american
>>
>>2257666
>why do your forests burn down so regularly?
Enormous amounts of planted eucalyptus.
Those fucks burn great and when they "peel" the dry bark is great tinder, also the dry leaves.

>>2257002
>or even some private individuals growing forests on their land?
I'm not that anon.
Those are the fuckers growing eucalyptus.
I guess 30€/Ton every 4 to 5 years is worth it.
The "mountains" are bare because it's all fucking rock in most places, there's nothing for the trees to hold onto.

Although near me they've recently been taking down a shitload of those shit trees and...converting it into agricultural/greenhouse land.
Which is shit, I want trees, I want more oaks and laurels. I'll even settle for pine (Pinus pinea, fuck Pinus pinaster).
>>
>>2203181
You can certainly go outside if you are from other nations.
Most former Soviet bloc have some form of /out/ available, Russia is basically perfect for /out/ apart from being hard/impossible for most to get to.
Finland, Norway and Sweden all have good /out/ opportunities, so does Iceland.

As a Brit though you really can't enjoy the outdoors if you are British, I went to a small forest recently and the entire time I couldn't get off a pre-laid stone path and didn't have a single moment without hearing other peoples voices. There was no real solace of nature.
Wales and Scotland are good for /out/ though due to a lower population density.
>>
File: 1635280084268.jpg (1.95 MB, 4032x2268)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
>>2203181
>laughs in British stalker
>>
>>2220768
unequivocally based
>>
>>2257715
Where is this from?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.