[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Bailey Alliance.jpg (148 KB, 1140x565)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
Hey guys, my wife and I are looking to travel around the southeast USA for awhile to find a place where we want to buy land and build a home. We were thinking to buy an RV or Motorhome to do this. I've never spent any time in one before though and don't know much.

What brands would you recommend? Any general thoughts/tips for someone just getting into this? Appreciate the help.
>>
>>2171982
Don't get too big and don't get too small(unless you like minimalism/camping style)
>>
File: picrel.png (353 KB, 3147x1487)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>2171987
Thanks. That's what I'm thinking. Something like the floorplan of picrel seems to be a reasonable size.

The big Class A rvs seem cool but it almost makes me feel like I'm not going to want to go /out/ much
>>
I have a 26' class A motorhome. that is the shortest they come and I would not go any larger. if you are not DIY dont buy used. honesty I haven't figured out what the advantage of a class A is over a trailer. I just happen to get a good deal on it.
>>
>>2172020
Interesting point about not buying used. Yeah I feel like a lot of stuff could break on an RV hu. I feel like I'd want something 26' or less too. Is there something in particular that you don't like about the larger ones?
>>
>>2171982
i like the idea of a trailer/slide in truck camper.
the abilty to disconnect the rv when you get to a campsite and only take the truck to town gives you a bit more freedom, also the truck is usually easier to get worked on/ replaced worse case.
>>
>>2171982
>Any general thoughts/tips for someone just getting into this?
driving around in a apartment is not /out/
>>>/o/
>>
>>2172041
Damn that's a good point my man. A really good point actually.
>>
>travel around the southeast to buy real estate
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
File: 1626811462831.png (126 KB, 778x1003)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
They're all shit, no matter which manufacturer, they all have the same chipboard and glue construction and will leak with 5-10 years of actual use. If you want them to last you need to cover it with something to keep UV and rain off. But then why not just build a small cabin or get a trailer.
>>
>>2172055
Yeah the guy above has me convinced that a trailer is a pretty good idea.
>>
File: Rock_A122TH_ExtOpen.jpg (215 KB, 1600x963)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>2172044
i like the a frame trailers but they are on the smaller side,
also you can get some with toy hauler area to fit other out toys.
>>
>>2171982
Hotel rooms may be more your speed, and don't cost you so much in gasoline. RVs are not /out/. >>>/o/ Bugger off you poser.
>>
>>2171982
Raised top van.
>>2172055
Of course, treat them like a boat, constant maintenance.
>>
>>2171982
I would prefer a van over a motorhome, but that's just my preference since motorhomes are built like this.

Can also just get pull behind camper or a truck slide in camper. Put the camper on the land, put a carport over it because they're built like shit.
>>
>>2172055
This. it's best to just put a carport over them if you're putting on land. They're all built like shit and it will leak.
>>
>>2171982
just buy a Mitsubishi DickLicker or a Toyota Hiace for cheap in the Autumn, can get em in good condition with low kms for like $3k.
if you're handy with tools, building a bed frame and storage in the back shouldnt set you back more than $500 unless you're going really tryhard with fancy shit. $1200~$1500 build if you're putting solar and some electrics in.
>>
>>2172041
seconding this
my brother has traveled the country for years now and swears by towable camper trailers.
being able to set up camp, disconnect the trailer and then take the 4wd into town to buy supplies is something he considers essential.
>>
So tired of boomers driving these oversized pieces of shit.
>>
>>2173050
This is a good point, thanks
+NIGGER

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.