[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 58 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 42UU5SKT7NwbD8kEkMW3rQ.jpg (469 KB, 1500x844)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
Am I the only one that absolutely despises the idea of my privacy being ruined outdoors by drones and trail cameras ?
Is there any organization out there trying to fight this shit?

Can we share tips and tricks for destroying shit like this without having legal problems ?

This fucking shit needs to end
>>
I caught a neighbor's drone in my yard with a hockey stick
pussy never came for it
>>
>>2171223
Trail cams is easy, you just cover the camera with tape, its not permanent and not destruction so no legal issue.

Drones idk.
>>
>>2171223
You got mad at this reply didn't you.
>>2170886
>>2170886
>>2170886
>>
>>2171223
Do you saw another trail cam thread, so you decided to make your own. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>2171223
I OP from the other thread, yeah it kinda sucks be on your own taking a skinny dip or shit and then realizing there's a camera there.
>>
I'm usually on /k/ which is why I have night vision goggles, easy to spot trail cams at night. You can just take them they're free. I have already 300 trail cams I've stolen
>>
File: FreeDucks[1].jpg (29 KB, 700x462)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>2171410
>>
>>2171318
If you don't want to be seen naked in public, you shouldn't be naked in public.
>>
>>2171318
Holy shit, you just brought back a repressed memory of me running through the woods naked one time with my dog. I was screaming a bunch of crazy shit because I was psychotic back then. I think somebody called the police, but I escaped. Don't do meth.
>>
>>2171464
that brings back memories, I was in a light schizo breakout, I was on a shitty job, decided to just quit without saying nothing to anyone, it was a job related to the state eventhough I didn't have that cathegory, I was working for them, so apparently they sent a warning that I had left (it was a postman job, you handle government mail, basically taxes), a lady called me I told her to leave me alone, she panicked and told me that she sent a police unit to my location I didn't reveal my location but I enter full paranoia mode.
I remembered from a docummentary about the war on somewhere in the midle east something like this "we have to take out the battery AND the sim card from the phone, or else they track us down and bomb us" So I did just that, took out the battery, the sim card and went away from where I was. I spent the night walking arround the city, till it was enough for me. Nice memories.
>>
>>2171420
Yeah imagine wanting to go for a skinny dip in the woods-
>>
>>2171474
>>2171464
holy fuck /out/ really is full of schizophrenic drug addicts
>>
>>2171223
>open
>remove sd card
>put in phone
>delete yourself
>then delete yourself
>>
>>2171420
The middle of the woods at night is not public
>>
We put out hundreds of trail cams at work for some bullshit research program. It's annoying as fuck having to take 5 minuets to look around every time you need to take a piss. The running joke is that you should just tattoo your phone number on your dick so that when you are inevitably caught on camera with your dick out the girls reviewing the tapes can call you if they like what they see. That said the cameras themselves aren't really anything that bothers me 99% of the time. I would much rather there be couple retards out there a couple days a year to put/pull the cameras than have to deal with a bunch of fucking academics out there constantly bitching about everything you do. That said I hate people who use them for scouting hunting spots/prey. Fucking get off your ass and get in the woods, sitting in your lazy boy scrolling through pictures of deer over corn to figure out exactly which one you are going to shoot in a month seems to me to be very very close to violating fair chase.
>>
>>2171223
do these things emit IR light constantly?
>>
>>2171659
Usually only when there isn't enough natural light for propper imaging. It would be a massive battery drain to run IR LEDs constantly.
>>
>>2171223
nobody gives a shit about you.
if you do something retarded and a camera catches it, someone will have a hearty laugh and then move on with their lives and forget about you.
>>
>>2171739
What if I need to take a piss in the middle of my hike? I don't want some FBI desk jockey to see my dick and then use that as a pretense to arrest me later.
>>
>>2171753
Low effort schizo post
>>
>>2171223
What are these things used for? I've never come across them before.
>>
File: IMGP0600.jpg (523 KB, 2048x1355)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
Pricks on my side of town bought 200 acres of some of the nicest forest/hilltop in town, and a big chunk of my childhood stomping grounds, put a big mcmansion on it and then gated up all the various trails that wind through the woods. They also installed an unknown number of solar-powered wifi trail cams around the perimeter facing OUTWARD into all the other surrounding private property, including my family's. I've seen 5 of them but there are probably 20. I can be sitting at my campspot at the back of our acres, in the middle of the woods, and stare at a tree at their property line with a big red sign that says "SMILE YOU'RE ON CAMERA"

Like wtf fuckers

Pic is the mcmansion through the trees from my camping spot, in full summer bloom. The rest of the year they're looking right down on you from their fat person patio
>>
>>2171223
do euros really
>>
>>2171807
I have no idea what euros get up to
>>
>>2171252
Lmao
>>
>>2171223
Trail cameras are used by hunters who are trying to scope out the behaviors of game animals over a period of time. Drones are used by retarded yuppies and are great for practicing your follow through.
>>
>>2171223
This thread reminds me I need a high powered hand held laser emitter. Any recommendations, out?
>>
>>2171873
>Trail cameras are used by hunters who are trying to scope out the behaviors of game animals over a period of time
only occasionally.
>>
>>2171659
No only when they take the picture
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (229 KB, 1000x1000)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>2171874
ebay dot com. i bought one and had it shipped all for like $20 total. it's apparently considered a prohibited weapon where i live (not unlike ya mum) kek
>>
>>2171873
>spot trail camera from a distance
>cover your face
>approach camera
>turn around
>take massive shit
>...
>see yourself taking a shit on /b 12 months later while everyone lols over some butthurt hunter on some hunting forum where the video was posted
>profit
>>
>>2171879
Have you tried this on a camera yet? Supposedly the higher powered ones banned in burger land can fry a CMOS sensor pretty fast, or basically disable a camera from around 20 meters or so.
>>
File: 1625577257647.gif (1.95 MB, 225x169)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>2171252
If you have time and deem it safe for your privacy, please post a picture of the drone so that I may kek harder
>>
>>2171884
no I have only used it to blind my neighbor's rooster and for some neat night photographs, I haven't gone after anything electronic with it
>>
Lmao, this thread reminded me how bitter and poor you people are, I can't fathom how shit your lives are.
>>2171764
Get absolutely fucked poverty faggot, if you dont like it buy your own land.
>>2171888
Wow, that is extremely cruel, you sound like a shithead.
>>
File: 1444653406125.png (689 KB, 1221x1080)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>2171875
>only occasionally.
Totally false
In the US the VAST majority are sold to hunters.
You have no idea what you are talking aboot
>>
>>2171945
In my nek of the woods it's mostly gatekeepers and to a lesser extent wildlife enthusiasts. Yes people still use them as trailcams but hunters don't set them up to keep an eye on /out/ists, which is the topic of this thread
>>
>>2171223
im always a little nervous theres a hidden cam spying on my secret innawoods fap spot. ive scoped out the scenery pretty well but i dunno my eyesight aint so great and those little newfangled gizmos are nicely camooflaged
>>
>>2171978
I am at the point where if someone has gone through the trouble to record me fapping or shitting, or playing with my balls, then I respect that and just let them sick fucks have their fun.
>>
>>2171978
do you transform into a werewolf when you fap??? why would you be worried about cameras?
>>
>>2171948
If you spy on me , I dont care if you didnt to it on purpose
Get rid of the cameras people. This needs to be illegal
>>
>>2171223
What's the purpose putting a trail camera on a trail where humans walk? Isn't they should put deeper in the forest where animal goes?
>>
>>2172002
concerned citizens and busy bodies would love to report behaviour like that to the authorities. id rather not go to jail for some quack indecent exposure by proxy charge or something ridiculous like that
>>
>>2171223
What a fucking fag you are
>>
>>2172483
no u
>>
>>2171885
after a couple weeks I broke it into a million pieces and threw it on the street in front of my house
I took a picture but it's on a phone that got run over by a bus so I don't have it anymore
>>
>>2171223
My family owns a large portion of property and we often have people who use trail cams on our land without permission, for the longest time my grandpa has been coating them in spray paint, smashing them with an axe or just plain throwing them in a lake or river.
>>
>>2171279
>no legal issue.
If I find your private property on my public lands its mine. No legal issued whatsoever.
>>
Oh!
Build a cairn somewhere in it's view.
If he hates them, he has to deal with footage of you building one like a cheeky devil before he kicks it.
If he likes cairns, I'm sure he likes his trail can view more so he'll have to go out of his way to kick it.
Either way you win.
Maybe a quick mooning too.
>>
>>2171764
God Americans are fuckwits. What a bunch of dickheads.
>>
>>2172473
You could you know....not be naked in public?
>>
>>2171223
>tips and tricks
Wear a mask
No face, no case
>>
>>2173924
Speaking of dickheads, I'm fairly sure the core of the behavior is induced by circumcision.
>>
>>2172464
Do you have “no animals allowed” signs on your trails?
How do the deer read the signs?
>>
>>2173932
Yeah I'd be protective and paranoid as well if half my cock was cut off at birth under the instruction of my own parents.
>>
>>2173942
Yep. It puts into the subconscious that at any moment the very ground beneath you can fall out and they'll all abandon, torture, and maim you. I imagine it's actually enhanced by being done at 8 days old instead. It would split the core self.

The other effect is via the mere fact that the glans is left constant exposed. Being uncovered enhances dominance and submission dynamics because it's being constantly stimulated. Rather than a drop in testosterone, this may be why they calm down when they get older. Keratinization reaches the point where it's not so great an effect. Removal of the foreskin introduces an imbalance in the genitals. Without foreskin over glans, it remains.

The more you pick it apart, the more obvious and terrible it becomes. For them to confront this.... the pain would be far too great. This is when the split core self comes into play. The very alter that was created to protect them from the pain and horror at birth returns to protect them again.
>>
>>2173924
>>2173932
The full story is even worse.

They're out of towners, heirs to an oil company fortune their grandfather earned. The farmers who owned the 200 acres (mosty forest but about 60 were cleared hilltop hayfield) were behind in their taxes. These cunts wanted the land so they established a "farm trust" on paper only, and cut a deal with the farmers - pay their tax debt plus throw them some cash for the land, and keep the land in the hands of the farm trust and keep it agricultural. They got over 200 acres for $200k which is insane. The "farm trust" was just a front they used to mislead the owners and town officials of their intentions. They immediately built a mcmansion, gated the property, and installed security cameras violating everyone else's property
>>
>>2173955
Do the farmers also sign over the property to them? That's the land trust scam where I am. They pay the taxes, but take the land when they die.
>>
>>2173956
they sold the land to them as part of the deal. the public record shows they paid $200k but don't know if that was the full deal or if they paid them another sum for their tax debt
>>
>>2173955
Pure cancer.

>>2173952
Yeah 100% this. It is the only explanation I can come up with for the disgraceful behaviour of Americans.
>>
>>2171223
I've got a box of them, they aren't allowed on state land here
>>
>>2174055
You are doing gods work anon
>>
>>2171223
What are they for? To watch for people that burn the forests?
>>
>>2171420
There's a difference between being seen and some creep secretly recording it.
>>
>>2175560
No one seems to get this
>>
>>2173958
You wouldnt have a semi correction location would you? Might be someone is close enough to pay a visit. If you nomsayin
>>
>>2175560
Theres also a difference if you're on private property or not. If you are on my land, yeah, imma take your picture. no cams on state or fed lands
>>
>>2175333
seeing if game is coming through consistently for hunters
>>
>>2173927
lol what are you a never nude or something. im not a christian prude like you
>>
>>2171521
What can we say? Drugs are fun, and there's nobody innawoods to stop us.
>>2171759
They're used to photograph wild animals. They have useful purposes, such as tracking deer for hunting, and some surveying stuff. But the vast majority of them are put up by facebook attention whores who just want to post photos on social media.
OP's concern is that these things could also photograph people, and create a potential privacy concern.
I keep a few around my own property. I like to see what's digging where. They helped me find out when at night some pigs were encroaching, which made them easier to take care of.
>>
I have a couple in the back of my property. I like to see what animals have been around. Saw two adolescent mountain lions fight a skunk one night last spring, the video ended before I saw what happened but I saw a skunk on camera a few nights later so maybe he made it. He definitely sprayed them the whole area stunk for a week
>>
I break any I come across. People who put them up deserve genocide.
>>
>>2175886
>my property.
This is a great use for them and I am glad you are enjoying your cameras

People putting them on public land should be whipped though
>>
File: 1627032537010.webm (1.25 MB, 320x320)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB WEBM
>>2171420
>muh IF YOUR NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONGGGUH
>then you should have nothing to worry about anon!
c'mon now
>>
>>2172751
I no longer believe you.
>>
>>2171933
God this is the most cringe post I have ever seen in my life. You sound like a pampered little princess, I'd tell you to get mauled by a bear but you're such a little faggot that you probably don't venture far beyond your borderline suburban little mcmansion plot out in the outskirts of a major city

Fag
>>
>>2176467
I was just LARPing
>>
>>2176307
What about researchers who are collecting data on wildlife?
I have a friend who places camera traps in National Parks to get a better idea of when and where bears may be encountered by hikers
>>
they install me to watch me they have to keep eyes one me everywhere are eye in my bathroom i see also they set up everywhere can in mirrors its a camera mirrors are cameras do not look in them destroy them they look inside i see them they say it every time and call out in the forest houses in the moss a hidden camera covered in ticks and blueberries you must take the blueberries away from their sight ignore ticks do not take them destroy the camera now or they will see you you dont want them to see you or they will get you dont let them ever get to you you must fight now take the blueberries take every one of them dont let them have it they will destroy your life
>>
>>2176494
in a general sense I support what researchers like your friend are doing, but I draw the line at being a peeping tom
>>
>>2176496
Meds, now
>>
>>2176762
kill yourself servile drone
>>
>>2171764
Epic antifa faggot kid rage.
>>
>>2176494
That is not what most of them are there for.
And if you are just some asshole with a pet research project then fuck off , I am smashing your shit right the fuck to fuck
>>
File: Bigfoot.jpg (63 KB, 720x540)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>2171223
>>2171523
I took out the SD card and took one of the pictures, downloaded a picture of some creepypasta shit like the Rake, an juxtaposed it over the background, then put it back in. Went back later, camera was gone. Would recommend. Just make sure you delete any indexing files on the card that would connect it to your device. Alternately put gore or cunny
>>
>>2171223
>Is there any organization out there trying to fight this shit?
Not really except a professional bitching blog post or two from the ACLU and friends that doesn't culminate in any lobbying. The sheer ambivalence to the surveillance state and its encroachment to nature is one of the main reasons I'm trying to go into law
/larp
>>
>>2178164
you would consider private property owners using trail cameras on private land as part of a surveillance state?
>>
Jesus Christ, the fuck is wrong with you people? If you find a camera on your property, sure. Destroy it. But if it's not on your property, you have no right to fuck with that camera, especially on public lands. If you see a camera on public land, chances are it belongs to a researcher who is just trying to understand wildlife populations in the area. Wildlife biologists do not give a fuck about you. I have lost multiple cameras in a national park because schizo retards think big brother has even an ounce of interest in their outdoor recreation.

>>2171410
>>2175906
People like you actively hinder valuable wildlife research and the careers of people doing that work.

>>2176494
I do similar work as your friend. Thank you for bringing this up.
>>
>>2179239
>If you see a camera on public land, chances are it belongs to a researcher
This is just false.
The vast majority are sold to hunters.
Stop with this disinformation.
These have no place on public lands
>>
>>2179244
They designed and marketed to hunters, yes. That does not mean hunters can just place cameras wherever they please. I'm sure some people deploy cameras without obtaining a permit to do so from whatever the appropriate public land management agency is, but that is simply not how the majority of cameras end up on trees. While a single hunter might place a few cameras out there, researchers will often deploy dozens to hundreds of cameras across just one park or forest. Most cameras belong to researchers or state/federal biologists.
>>
>>2179250
>Most cameras belong to researchers or state/federal biologists.
Incorrect
>>
>>2179250
Where I live there are a thousand times more hunters than wildlife biologists.
Maybe if you live in commiefornia where govco spends crazy money on stupid shit it might be different.
If you see a camera on a trail it's certainly a hunter's
>>
>>2179261
>Maybe if you live in commiefornia where govco spends crazy money on stupid shit it might be different.
FYI, California has the lowest number of game wardens per capita of any state. 1 per 150k in CA, vs 1 per 60k in Texas.
>>
>>2179239
I keep destroying all the cameras not only in forests but in my neighborhood, fuck you spying faggots.
>>
>>2179282
I bet they have more wildlife biologist by far than any other state and not per Capita
>>
>>2179300
I bet you're wrong.

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes191023.htm
>>
>>2179258
>>2179261

I don't know what to tell either of you. I'm sure most game cameras are owned by hunters, but that doesn't mean most game cameras on public lands belong to hunters. Normal people buy cameras to place on their property or maybe their hunting club's property, and the ones who do place cameras on public land (almost certainly without permission) wouldn't place them on trails where recreationists, and more importantly, rangers, will see them. Most cameras on public lands do in fact belong to researchers or state/federal biologists.

I'm glad people like you are in the extreme minority, but you're why I have to lock all my cameras up with steel boxes and heavy cables.
>>
>>2179308
Those I just smash with a rock

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.