[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>you wake up tomorrow with nothing but the clothes on your back in an earth completely untouched by man
How would you fare?
>>
>>2169458
(but I would be touching it by standing there)
Good thing the clothes on my back are the Swiss alpenflage m70 jacket with attached pack filled to the brim with what we would consider modern luxuries and quality of life improvements. I would fare well.
>>
>>2169460
For how long?
Until winter sets in?
Could you fend off a cave bear?
>>
>>2169458
Jokes on you, Choomba.
I watch primitive technology. I’ll have a water hammer set up by noon and then let the machines do the hard work while I kick back and eat a huge caribou mutton.
>>
>>2169458
I'd probably think I was on some horrible acid trip or some shit, probably do stupid shit and die with in a day.
>>
>>2169469
Kek, may as well go full Flintstone at that point anon.
>>
>>2169468
the hardest hitting tool man has is the legal process
place a claim and pay tax on the cave
and the bear can't squat there any longer
I could probably fit a grenade or two in a spare m70 pocket otherwise
>>
File: jmga9qo4dnh31.png (237 KB, 1080x614)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>2169458
I am happy and grateful for this gift, wether I survive or not.
>>
>>2169458
Alone? What is the competition like?

Last man on Earth scenario I could do very well.
>>
>>2169458
and this is why i love playing d&d
>>
>>2169458
i would have to quickly learn to live like a caveman, and get a sharpened stick to fend off wolves and bears, individual humans are weak, thats why humans banded together in to tribes (strength in numbers) tribes eventually formed villages, which grew to towns and cities,
>>
>>2169513
You are in a world that never gave rise to the hominid species. Geography and climate are identical to earth, but the changes man has made to the environment and biosphere never occurred.
>>
>>2169458
who cares fuck off
>>
God, at least I die like a human
>>
I’d be fucked. I have horrible eyesight and don’t have up to date glasses because I wear contacts every day.
I probably last a few weeks before starving to death.
>>
>>2169458
I'd be thankful for my lense replacement with added zoom. I'd probably survive some years although I'm a creature of this time period and would end up dreadfully unhappy most likely. Can't relate to cavewoman sheilas/animals.
>>
>>2169727
Same
>>
The area I'm in would revert to marshlands. Catching fish in streams would be my first goal and I'd probably be eating those raw. I'd have to head south because if I stayed here for winter I would die. Maybe go to florida and live off shellfish until I die?
>>
>>2169763
>I'd probably be eating those raw
Why?
>>
>>2169458
I'll die, but man will it be a fun ride.
>>
>>2169458
Lack of human companionship leads to mental problems in about half a year in my experience.

If I can avoid a predator long enough to get a fire going and a spear made, I give myself good odds to last at least that long.
>>
>>2169896
This pretty much. You're going to get extremely lonely and with no other people, no mate... What's the point? Probably just do riskier and riskier shit until I got got.
>>
>>2169898
>You're going to get extremely lonely and with no other people, no mate
H-ha y-yeah, that would be unbearable
>>
>>2169458
I find jews and burn them for heat.
>>
I’d say “this is some faggy shit” and DC deciduous homo would appear to tell me there’s no need for homophobic slurs. Then I’d kill him.
After that I’d resort to cannibalism after resisting it for a while. Hopefully by that time I could have set up a shelter and some other necessities, but eventually I’d succumb due to my lack of skills.
>>
>>2169458
I probably wouldn't fare too well, but it would be worth it to see an uncorrupted world even if I don't see it for long.
>>
>>2169771
I'm screwed without matches
>>
In the same spot where I am?
I figure I could fare alright, considering I know the natural lands around here and I'm in a very calm harbor. Would probably die by winter, loneliness would drive me to suicide and the freezing rains would give me a good push to do it.
>>
>>2170014
lmao
>>
>>2169458
Die.
>>
File: pongo.webm (1.43 MB, 480x708)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB WEBM
>>2169898
> Not finding the cutest orangutan around and sparking up a relationship
Weak
>>
>>2169458
I'm fucked. I'm new to this shit and just lurking to pick shit up for a week long trip with my /out/ buddy who wants to show me the ropes.
>>
>>2169458
fuck you larper
>>
>>2170014
You'd die of AIDs before starvation in that scenario.
>>
>>2169458
immediately kill myself
>>
>>2169458
Bro I'd be straight. There'd be fruit and nut trees everywhere. So much food.
>>
>>2169458
would i need to filter the water?
>>
>>2169511
I took a food studies course once where they had us debate the merits of a hunter/father society vs. current society.

The obvious answer is… medicine. I like not dying from preventable illnesses.
>>
>>2172150
Yeah, but epidemic is mostly something caused by living in high density populations. Parasites are the real issue, but even then they hit hunter gatherers less than they hit horticulturalists who live in close proximity to each other in the same place all year long, year after year.
>>
>No ultralight gear
>No weed
I'd unironically find a relatively painless way to kill myself and get it over with
>>
I sleep naked and would be waking up in what was once the everglades so I guess I'm fucked.
>>
>>2169511
Checked & hunter-pilled.

You hunt anon?
>>
Do the clothes on my back include my edc knife? If so I will probably be alright assuming I wake up where I am currently at this time of year. By fine I mean that I would live long enough to kill myself from isolation. I have no illusions that I would be able to maintain my composure after months to years of isolation never having another soul to interact with. I'd give it a shot, but in the end this story ends the same way every time. Unless of course we are going back in time, in which case there's a coin toss that I'd be dead in under a day depending where the glaciers are. If I end up on top of a glacier in my summer work clothes I would certainly freeze to death before I kill myself.

To me a more interesting question is how I would fair either in a situation where I have a partner, or a situation where everyone disappears but me since I would have a human connection through either my partner or the things they left behind. How long would I be able to last with the isolation factor removed or diminished. I would give myself 8 months after the death of my partner or three years before some stupid mistake kills me/us.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.