[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1622069755318.jpg (63 KB, 730x350)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Answer:
>where at
>how far from civilization
>what you expect to face on your trip
>what firearm you take with you

Also any interesting stories of going /out/ with a firearm?
>>
>where at
wherever it's legal and weight is not the absolute utmost concern (like when I'm trailrunning)
pretty much anywhere where I don't have the option to call the police should the need arise, either because I'm out of cell reception or the police response time is gonna be an hour long
methheads, cartel pot farmers, drifters, aggressive homeless, and then to a much lesser extent mountain lions and black bears
a glock 19, if I were in actual brown bear territory I might consider getting something more powerful, but the vast majority of encounters where you need a gun when you're /out/ involve people, not animals
>>
>>2164989
>where at
Washington state, more specific the Olympic peninsula.
Far enough that I don't see any one else, even if I'm there for a week.
Nothing, I just think guns are cool and I like shooting. Seeing as my transportation is dirtbike, I can carry more weight so I'll bring like thousands rounds of 5.56 alone.
Usually my 10.5 inch AR15. I always got a M&P 2.0 4" compact with me.
>>
The earth is flat, we must kill all niggers and I take the Mauser K98.
>>
>>2164994
>glock 19, if I were in actual brown bear territory I might consider getting something more powerful
Might not be big enough to take down bears, but they are pretty skittish so just popping off a round might be enough
>>2164998
>10.5 inch AR15
Based. /k/ anons will probably tell you its too short and you are losing velocity, but there is a reason you go with something short, and thats portability
>>2165005
>Mauser K98
What arsenal (or country) and year? I never had issues with mine rusting when I go /out/ with it
>>
>>2165021
The 10.5 does have issues with reaching that sweet spot of velocity, even if it still doesn't frag, I wouldn't want to get shot with it. I also like 10.5 cause I use a suppressor too.
>>
>>2165040
>I also like 10.5 cause I use a suppressor too
My setup is exactly the same, and SBR'd. I took it the last time I went camping and slept with it
>>
>>2165047
Mine is not SBR'd yet, so I'm using a SBA 4 brace. I should just spend the 200 and get it done, all my extra money at the moment is going towards NODs.
>>
>>2165055
>going towards NODs
based. Thats even better
>>
>>2165063
I thought it was finally time to get into them for multiple reasons. Biggest is just to go along security / preps, also just walking through the woods at night with them is so fin. My brother has pvs14s, even with just full moon out I could see great distance, will still look at IR lights for when it's to dark or I'm inside.
>>
File: PicsArt_07-07-12.56.43.jpg (2.07 MB, 1473x2618)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
>>2164989
>where at
Up
Far
My own mortality
Fal
>>
>>2165190
Better be wearing short shorts with that.
>>
File: buddies.jpg (1.28 MB, 3840x2592)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
last /out/ guns thread was deleted. pressing F to pay respects
>>
Why can't you leave your guns at home and not scare people with your aggressive tactics?

You can easily hike without a gun!
>>
>>2165262
I like to pop rounds off in the woods along state and national trails to scare people from the city away
>>
>>2164989
larp
>>
>>2165262
You can easily die of AIDS faggot
>>
Usually just a .45 in WA state. Eastern. That being said I’ve considered bringing something heavier as grizzlies are more and more commonly seen. Also I’ve had some strange experiences in an area to the north, the Pasayten wilderness. Have been out there alone and on opposing ridge lines seen one or two men, usually dressed in clothing that doesn’t seem like they’re intending to be /out/ (jeans, t-shirt, no packs, tennis shoes, etc.)

When they see me they freeze, talk to each other quickly, and then take off over the ridge so I can’t see them. Everything then seems to get reeeal quiet and I usually nope out of there.

At first I thought it might be a grow op but weed is and has been legal here for a while, why risk growing in a protected wilderness? I know on the 97 corridor there’s a lot of trafficking and drugs that go on, so my next assumption is that it’s somehow related to that.

Anyways, considering something heavier like the previously mentioned glock 19
>>
>>2164989
Québec Canada, from close to very remote, black bears coyote, no firearm no bear spray no weapons
>>
>>2165262
I can easily hike with one too.
>>
File deleted.
>>2165276
my go-to backpacking carry is a g21 with hard cast +P. Almost did a trip through pasayten last year but did sawtooth-cheelan instead. I've learned to trust my gut with interactions like that in the woods so you're probably right to be alert about it
>>
File: DSCF7370.jpg (588 KB, 3264x4896)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
>>2165313
god damn it
>>
>>2165313
That’s a beautiful area too man. Ever hiked to Stehekin on the north shore of chelan? Me and a buddy have considered hiking to it, or possibly sailing/kayaking to it, but we’re not sure what would take longer and only have a weekend.

Regarding gun choice that’s good advice, right now I’m strapped for funds but looking to buy something heavier in the future. Haven’t had any run ins with grizzlies out here but I have come close to black bears (with cubs), a young cougar, and a wolfpack (though I was in a car when this happened). Up til now bear spray and yelling and making myself big have worked, but now that I’m hiking with my kids I’d like to have a last resort of some kind. Though granted a lot of encounters with dangerous wildlife can usually be avoided with forethought and common sense (food storage, time of year, sound and behavior of hikers, etc.)
>>
File: DSC06233 redact.jpg (308 KB, 2465x1644)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>2165698
I've never been over there but the whole area is gorgeous, definitely one of my favorite places in the state. My glock was a police trade in which can be had for under $450 pretty regularly. If you want something for griz you can get a drop in 10mm barrel for it and some 10mm mags and still be well under $600 for a bombproof backcountry set up (a new 10mm glock 20 will be north of that, but involves less tinkering if you're not handy with firearms). Lightly used LEO service pistols come in stock on this website from time to time, keep an eye out if you're interested.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/category.cfm/sportsman/police-trade-in-glocks/of3/45-acp
Also if you're looking for a good way to carry with a pack on I can't recommend the hill people gear kit bags enough, they're quite discrete in frontcountry but still keep your weapon readily accessible for when you need it. Combined with a kydex trigger sheath ($25) I've never worried about carrying a loaded chamber with a safetyless glock even through rough terrain.
https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1
You seem like a responsible anon (rare) with your head screwed on straight, cheers
>>
Thinking of getting a Winchester 30-30 lever gun, but it’s like 1000 dollars. Is Henry/Marlin a good alternative?
>>
>>2165780
Henry is supposed to be g2g but id get one with a loading gate ($$$), the muzzle loading magazine thing is pretty whack unless youre really into authenticity. Marlins are hit and miss depending on the production year, but I've heard the newer ones are much better than the shit they were putting out a few years ago, while older marlins are excellent. Probably stay away from rossi
>>
>>2165790
I own several Rossis and had zero issue with any of them. They can make for some pretty decent guns. If you're any made in the last two years, you're pretty much set and really don't have to worry much about QC issues.
>>
>>2164989
>where at
CC literally everywhere legal or not.
In, around, AND outside civilization. Again, I CC everywhere.
Hopefully lonely Chinese nationals miles from actual humans.
TT-33 that I bought 3 of for $500 so If I have to ditch it I won't be heartbroken.
>>
>>2164989
>where at
carry everywhere
depends but usually at least 20-50 miles in the mountains
black bear, moose, mountain lions, wolves, coyotes, two legged critters
Glock 19 stacked with 147 hard grain +P and 124 grain HP XTP. I carry at all times in my HPG Recon Kit bag.
>>
>>2165842
lmao dude get an actual backcountry gun. and I thought 45 +Ps were coping
>>
>>2165866
I'm more worried about humans than any critters. Pretty sure my G19 loaded with 147 gr +P would stop any bear or cat in my area if it came to that. If I were to upgrade I'd probably carry a 10mm G29 loaded with 220 grain hard cast.
>>
File: PicsArt_07-15-12.15.07.jpg (2.35 MB, 2078x2025)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>2165203
I prefer the coveralls
>>
>>2165875
probably lead with that instead of alleging your 9mm can kill a moose
>>
>>2164989
>where at
I CC in the woods always never know who will try to murder you on trail at night, but im not a women so im probably fine
3 days out atleast
nothing , but maybe a bear or a murderer on the off chance
mossberg 500 in taken down in my backpack, or if I don't think taking a full shotgun is worth the weight(never is) just a glock 48 but I want to upgrade that to a glock in 10mm soon or a lever action in takedown
>>
File: IMG-8159.jpg (185 KB, 1024x576)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>2165894

Is that a fucking percussion pistol?

Pic: my Rhodesian keko hat perched atop the tent.
>>
File: TJPy6P4.jpg (3.59 MB, 3456x2304)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB JPG
>>2166497

>where
Everywhere. I CC in the city because of niggers and in the woods because of critters.
Yes.
Innawoods? Not much. Rattlesnake, coyote, Mexican cartel mule smuggling drugs, who the fuck knows.
>what firearm
HK USP Compact, loaded with .45 Super 185gr JHP. Generally don't carry a long gun unless it's hunting season, in which case I alternate between my Imbel FAL, my Winchester 94, or my Sauer and Sohn drilling.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (48 KB, 1200x554)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I take this one everywhere, good basic .308. When I have the cash I would really like a Bergara BA13 takedown with suppressor and scope though.
>>
>>2165040
I have an 11.5" upper
that extra inch really makes a difference in velocity without being much more length
>>
>>2166501
>Sauer and Sohn drilling
Fucking post, I love combination guns
>>
>>2166535
Not really much. 10.5 avg 2670 velocity, 11.5 only 100 more. More people go with 11.5 over 10.5 because of dwell time, it also slightly more gentle on the rifle.
>>
>>2166800
Totally agree with you about dwell time and softer recoil.

Depending on your ammo, 100fps could be a big difference. With m193, 10.5" barrel gets you a frag distance of 14m and 11.5" barrel gets you a frag distance of 40m.
Of course better bullets are available, so it really depends on what you're feeding the rifle.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/10-5-or-11-5-Ar-Pistol-Advantages-Disadvantages-/5-2206354/
>>
>>2167204
shit forgot second link
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Suppressed-5-56-SBR-Velocity-Tests-41-Factory-Loads-from-10-5-11-5-12-5-and-14-5-ALL-DONE-/16-714088/
>>
>>2164989
The only time I carried a firearm outdoor were on unsuccessful hunting trips and target shooting at an outdoor club range.

As for the hunting trips...
>Remington 760 or 7600 in .30-06
>Hunting deer
>Probably 5 or 6 miles from "civilization"
>Central Pennsylvania
>Wish it were more like Alaska

I hope to do some innawoods overnight trip. I plan to carry my Beretta 92X Centurion in GR config and maybe my PWS AR15. I will definitely have my GLOCK knife and GLOCK entrenching tool.
I am prepared in case of psychos or feral dogs and wolfdogs.
>>
>>2167220
>Central Pennsylvania
There are a lot of /k/ meets in Western PA, usually at least 2 'big' ones a year with 30+ people, if you are into that...
They are usually multi-day camping trips, but you can just show up and shoot for a day
>>
File: drilling.jpg (2.44 MB, 2340x4160)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>2166775

Made circa 1920. The shotgun barrels are 12-gauge with 2 1/2" chambers, the rifle barrel is 8x58r Sauer. I buy rifle ammo from Reed's Custom Ammo or Buffalo Arms; for birdshot I get RST 2 1/2" paper shells, and for buckshot I get Nobel 2 1/4" 00 buckshot.

That thing is laser accurate. Every other rifle I've shot with iron sights, accuracy is basically "you're going to hit within a circle an inch or two in diameter around where you're aiming". This drilling hits EXACTLY where you're aiming every single time. The regular trigger pull is light, crisp, and very nice; it has a set trigger, but it's so light that you're going to miss unless you're bench shooting. There is literally zero takeup on the set trigger; you just barely touch it and it fires. I definitely need more practice to get good with such a light trigger, so for now I'm sticking with the regular trigger pull, which is still nicer than the trigger pull on any other rifle I own.
>>
>>2165262
I know youre shitposting, but in all honesty, fuck these types of people.
We have firearms here. We're allowed to use them as we see fit.
Fuck your feelings.
Also,
>homeless junkies
>wild predators/some even have mange and or rabies
>dangerous psychopaths, my local town's trail alone had 2 abductions.

The list goes on, nigger.
>>
File: flock block.jpg (120 KB, 1440x2560)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>2168601
damn how much that set you back. ive held one at a hole in the wall gunshop (along with a g43) but the price tag scared me so I put it back quickly lol
>>
>>2168828

$1,800, plus tax. About half of what it's actually worth. Thing was pristine; polished wood, clean bores. Only reason it was so 'cheap' is because the barrels had been refinished and they didn't know which 8mm caliber the rifle barrel was; German guns prior to the mid-1930's (when the Nazis instituted reforms on how firearms are marked) were really shitty about marking calibers. The only marking on it is in the German gauge system, which translates to 8mm. Which 8mm? Better have been told by the manufacturer or a gunsmith!

The dealer didn't know which 8mm caliber it was, and didn't want to bother finding out. Told me it was probably 8x57r (the .318 bullet, not the .323), but they didn't know for sure. So I bought a box of ammo, and the cartridge doesn't even remotely fit. So I contacted Sauer and they had a guy familiar with their firearms from the time period tell me there was a greater than 90% probability that it was 8.15x46r. So I bought a box of ammo and it fit the chamber. Fired and was dead on every time; problem is, the cases were expanding because the cartridge was shorter than the chamber. Had to hunt around for a gunsmith (rather than someone who just mounts scopes and cleans guns and calls himself a gunsmith) to get a chamber casting to find out it was 8x58r Sauer.
>>
File: DSC_2190.jpg (1.55 MB, 4928x3264)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>2169061
wow that's a screaming deal. and you got kinda lucky ghetto IDing it like that initially id be afraid of hurting the gun. You should take and post nice pics of the gun if you haven't already, drillings are neat. Cheers
>>
>>2169066

I need to take better photos of it; all the ones I have are too big to post on 4chan.
>>
>>2169066
based milsurp collector
>>
if im hunting I usually care a Tikka .270, great gun and round, nice and light weight, super smooth action, very accurate, and big enough for anything in north america

I use a mini-14 or AR if im hunting pigs in a pack (or sounder)or for coyotes.

If im doing work while out, and need my hands free i carry a 1911 in a shoulder holster. sholder holstyer is better for getting in and out of vehicles, 8 rounds is more than enough, can get of rounds faster than I could with a revolver and the larger round makes a difference when shooting wild boars
>>
>>2165267
this tactic is also useful to keep property prices in your neighbourhood down
>>
>>2164989

>where at
Arizona and other surrounding states such as Nevada.
Anywhere thats far from main roads or people such as going to abandoned mines or hiking through canyons.
No idea what to expect out here honestly (aliens?). I venture out solo a-lot so personal protection is key.
Glock 20 in 10mm or Sig P226 in .357 SIG
>>
The case for why you need to carry innawoods was laid /out/ in the Chai Vang Deer Blind Massacre of ‘04 when a Hmong Shaman in Wisconsin carrying a cheap AK knockoff was caught trespassing and opened fire on a group of six hunters only one of which was armed with a deer rifle. Most were running away and shot in the back. When Vang heard a survivor radio for help while he was executing his victims he turned his blaze orange coat inside out and hid in ambush. As an unarmed nurse and her driver raced by on an ATV to provide medical aid Vang allowed them to pass and shot both of them in the back. The woman’s screams and pleading for her life were heard by witnesses back at the cabin from over a quarter of a mile away. Along with the gunshot Vang fired into the back of her head killing her. The only thing that prevented Vang from killing the two wounded victims was a lack of ammo after exhausting his two 20 round magazines.

The days of grandpappyd bolt action deer rifle are over lads. The duskies have stolen that from us. Take an AR. Go looking for deer. But watch out for the minorities.
>>
>>2164989
Usually unless I’m out on an actual hunting trip I’ll just take a little single-action .22 and pop a squirrel or rabbit for dinner, maybe a snake if need be. I live in bear country but just black bears, so a noisemaker like that is a much better choice than something meant to kill one, for me.
>>
File: _24f4fc_5461436 (1).jpg (67 KB, 780x597)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>2169740
please keep your racism off of this board and out of this thread
>>
>>2169783
Fuck off Chang. I can’t wait to see you gooks get Agent Oranged
>>
>>2169792
>posting reddit screencaps
do newfags really?
>>
>>2169795
>>
>>2165780
Try to get a pre 64 if you're going the model 94. I gave a 66 and it's kind of flimsy. The right year marlin will be just as good a gun, and easier for mounting an optic, Henry is top notch, I'd say probably best choice
>>
>>2165780
>>2169848
>winchester 30-30
>get a pre 64
I have heard the same thing as well. I have a winchester model 94 (30-30), but mine was made in 1970

I've taken it /out/ before camping, but mine likes to rust. Maybe it just needs re-blued
>>
Man, was looking for this exact thread.
Any West VA anons here? Would be grateful for advice. Buddy and I are planning a multiday trip to Monongahela NF. 3 days, planning to bring rifles. Will recce beforehand though. General gist I've found is that it's okay to target shoot while following the rules, and not to do it in wilderness areas. Can any anons with exp shed some more light on this? What trails/spots should I be looking at? Any advice?
>>
>>2170656
I know West VA is a constitutional carry state, and you just cant shoot near structures, across roads or over bodies of water

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mnf/home/?cid=stelprdb5287443

check in with this thread and let the OP know you want to go blasting innawoods >>2165234, just be sure to NOT bump the thread when you reply
>>
>>2170668
Sweet, thanks man
>>
>>2169740
Just for some clarity, the guy who's land was being trespassed on was a massive asshole. The guy would start bar fights, threaten random tourists ect. So it's not really a surprise he got started some shit with the Hmong and got btfo. Also this posters story isnt at all how it went down.
>>
File: 1572616294274.jpg (378 KB, 1080x1080)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>>2169792

>trespassing on private property
>illegally poaching
>only one of his victims was armed
>gets told to leave
>shoots 8 people, 4 of them in the back, killing 6 and wounding 2
>camouflages himself to ambush people from behind
>murders an unarmed woman in cold blood while she's wounded and begging for mercy
>Redditfags think he's the victim because everyone he murdered was white

It's the kind of tired that sleep won't fix.
>>
File: 20200601_223225.jpg (2.64 MB, 4032x2268)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
>>2169066
This just reminds me I really need some more milsurp in my life.
I've got some interesting stuff, but I could definitely use some more bolt-actions.
>>
File: 1595458970323.jpg (2.78 MB, 2880x1620)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
>>2169848

A pre-64 is going to cost you insane amounts of money. Mine is a pre-1982 (never looked up the exact year of manufacture), with no manual safety and it ejects straight up, rather than at an angle. Has a scope mounted on the side of the receiver. It works just fine and I wouldn't call it flimsy by any means. The post-82 rifle I handled that had the cross-bolt safety? Felt like absolute crap in my hands.

A Marlin 336 made prior to the acquisition by Remington in 2007 is a very nice rifle.
>>
>>2170743

Only mil-surp I own is a 1918 Steyr M95 that was updated in 1930 to 8x56r, a Mosin-Nagant M91-30 made in 1942 that was later transferred to Ukraine according to the markings, a Mauser c96 Bolo that may or may not have seen military service (it's a frankengun, assembled at the factory for USGI's to have a souvenir from whatever parts were laying around for service/repair; not a single serial number on any part matches any other part's serial number), a CZ-52, and a Bulgarian Makarov.
>>
>>2170744
While they aren't as good as pre-64 Winchesters, the new Jap-made Miroku's are pretty decent rifles.
They're honestly better than the post-freedom group Marlin's.
>>
File: 1623615705387.jpg (466 KB, 1280x960)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
>>2170747

Oh, my Imbel FAL is built on a semi-auto Imbel receiver, but the rest of the gun is a military parts kit, so I guess it counts as mil-surp too.
>>
File: 20210416_205304.jpg (2.84 MB, 4032x2268)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
>>2170747
I've got a 1930's Mauser C96, 1940 SA M1 Garand, 1942 Inland M1 Carbine, and 1943 Remington 03-A3, otherwise I mostly have Semi-auto repros of rifles from WWII-onwards.
>>
File: 1576338675349.jpg (305 KB, 1024x681)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>2170757

Is that your FG-42? I've lusted after one for years, but the cost and waiting list have turned me off.

I have a S&W Model 10-6 heavy barrel from the 1970's that's Spanish police surplus too. I guess that technically counts as mil-surp?
>>
File: 20210611_145722.jpg (2.43 MB, 4032x2268)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>2170762
Yeah it's one of the Type-1 SMG repros, I jumped on the list for one last year and I'm honestly glad I got on when I did since I think it's now about a 3-year wait last I checked and for a while he was only accepting orders from people who have bought one of his Type-2 Repros previously.
>>
File: foto_no_exif(1).jpg (2.82 MB, 4032x3024)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>2169740
>>2170740
>Carrying a cheap AK knockoff
The rifle was a Saiga Sporter, an AK with wood furniture configuration made in Russia. Saigas were banned along with all Russian firearms under king nigger in 2014.
I own the .308 variant.
>Opened fire on the group
I'm straight up a NatSoc Dirlwanger (God bless him) fag and even I can understand the racial tensions of the situation.He is an Asian in the middle of bumfuck nowhere fly over state, being tailed by a large group of whites after he already apologized and walked away. One of the men he shot admitted in court that they uttered racial slurs towards him and prevented him from leaving. Additionally, the group got close enough to grab his hunting tag on his back and flip it over to read itr. They escalated the situation to the point anyone would fear for their life.
>Only one was armed
How the fuck was he supposed to know if the other 5 aren't armed? Most hunters carry a pistol/revolver on them in case they run into dangerous game. It's safe to assume they are all armed.
>He turned his blaze orange coat inside out and hid in ambush
If you thought you were in a hostile situation dealing with an armed group, you'd do whatever necessary to increase your chance of survival.
>As an unarmed nurse and her driver raced by on an ATV to provide medical aid Vang allowed them to pass and shot both of them in the back
You mean 2 friends from the same party that shot at Vang. Once again, you are making assumptions that cannot be made in a life-or-death survival situation. Anyone who's friends with the guys you just shot most likely are armed ready to kill you. Hell, the guy even admits that they radio'd back to camp to tell them to grab guns.

Take no chances.

If I had a pack of nigs/spics surround me in the woods, I'm mag dumping every single one along with any of their friends. I am getting back to my family even if it means I have putting 50 bodies 6 feet under.
>>
>>2170740
its literally the asian identity subreddit ofc theyre going to go on ethnic lines what do you expect
>>
File: DSCF9129.jpg (1.43 MB, 4896x3264)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>2170743
>>2170757
bro fg and bar repros are like endgame tier gun ownership. nice guns. Hows the grip angle on the type 1? seems like it would be awkward

this thread will be deleted if yall dont start posting some surp /out/, so ill go ahead. pic is just before a hike, before I had a sling for this one
>>
File: DSC_2489.jpg (1.71 MB, 3264x4928)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
>>2170907
pic from a winter camp I did with a buddy a few years ago. hot tent + snowy forests + 54r is mega comfy
>>
File: DSCF9664.jpg (1.86 MB, 4896x3264)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>2170907
>>
File: DSCF9761.jpg (1.13 MB, 4896x3264)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
took this into the ozark mountains awhile back, trying to make as light and small as possible, folding para stock is great, but it needs a 10 or 15 round mag so it doesnt get hung up on everything while hiking with it
>>
File: 20210416_171445-.jpg (1.91 MB, 4032x2268)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>2170907
Honestly it's pretty comfortable to shoot.
Doesn't feel as awkward as it may seem.
You just have to make sure and not ride up on the grip too much otherwise it can bite the webbing between your thumb and index finger if you've got large hands (which I do.)
Also you've got to be aware of your hand placement because of the gas system.
I already destroyed a pair of shitty Mechanix gloves I have because my hand was too close to the gas system.
I will say the massive muzzle brake makes recoil extremely manageable for a rifle firing 8mm Mauser.
>>
>>2169783
posting some "old stuff" doenst make you text better, chinknigger
>>
>where at
Northern Arizona
Miles out
Dunno Black bears, methheads, mountain lions, ayy lmaos
Marlin 1895 in .45-70 Gov, and a S&W Model 66 in .357
>>
>>2170988
bruh is this for car camping. how much does that weigh
>>
File: 13L7K08.jpg (2.03 MB, 3456x2304)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>2170854

They did not use racial slurs, they called him a mud duck, a term for people from the next state over who come to hunt there. Much like we call yankees who come here in winter snowbirds. They told him not to leave because they were calling the game warden, he was poaching. Getting his hunting tag number to report him to the warden for trespassing and poaching is perfectly in line. He was in the wrong.

He premeditated the murder. He detached the scope from his rifle so he could use the iron sights to make faster shots in close-quarters, shot the only one armed with a rifle, and then shot the rest, two of them in the back. People who are running away and don't have any visible weapon aren't a threat.

NONE OF THEM SHOT AT HIM when he slaughtered six people who caught him illegally hunting on their property. He then hid himself to ambush two more people from behind and when a wounded, unarmed woman begged for mercy, he walked over and shot her in the head. Then he went back to the first six he shot, saw one was only wounded and said "you not dead yet?" and tried to finish him off, but the guy fired a single shot at him and he ran away.

This guy was a piece of shit with a history of violence and threatening to kill others, and this time he actually carried through with it. He's also suspected of murdering two more hunters in the past, but they never charged him for those since he got put away for murdering six people in cold blood.

Fuck Vang, and fuck you for defending him.
>>
>>2170988
>45-70
Patrician choice
>>
>>2171538
the guy youre replying is a racist not racist nazi (retarded) and is likely just a meme poisoned contrarian. Good response though
>>
Big River State Forest, VIC, Australia
~70km from nearest rural settlement
Rabbits
.22LR
>>
>>2170732
Slander and lies made up by gooks and Vangs Jew lawyer in a desperate attempt at juror nullification via muh racism. Even if it mattered if that ONE guy was an asshole there is no justification for shooting him let alone the seven others

>>2170854
>NatSoc
>Writes blog post defending murderous gook
>Was leaving
He was directed to leave down the path towards the nearest road. He instead went off in an entirely different direction. He could have just been moving deeper into the property or planning to beat brush and spook away the deer to ruin their hunt. Either way when you are caught trespassing you don’t just do whatever you want you are escorted off the property
>Checked his back tag
And he had a failure to appear warrant after a prior trespassing violation. He habitually trespassed which makes his “apology” empty lip service and shows motive
>Uttered racial slurs
Hmong Asshole and Mud Duck aren’t racial slurs retard
>How was he supposed to know they weren’t armed?
Maybe the fact that he at no point ever saw a gun except for the deer rifle the original hunter that spotted him was carrying?
>It’s safe to assume they are all armed
But they weren’t so it’s safe to assume you are retarded
>He turned his coat inside out to hide! He was scared!
Is that why he chased down one of the victims through the woods and executed him before returning to execute the survivors and ambush their help?
>They shot at Vang!
Zero evidence of this.
>Life or death survival
He shot them in the back and executed them in the fucking dirt. He was by all accounts perfectly calm while he was murdering defenseless women. He walked up to a survivor and said “You’re not dead yet?” Before pulling the trigger and realizing he was out of ammo. He was not scared. He is just a psychopath that has no regard for the law, other people’s property, human lives, and a proven history of violence specifically against women with a firearm
>>
>>2170854
This is either bait or the most obvious LARP the glowies have ever tried on this board. You can always tell when they don’t use actual Jews to try to deceive you and outsource to pajeets.
>>
>>
>>2164989
>Where at
Sierra mountains
>How far out
Hikes, walks and out and about, p365 9mm with 2 mags
Anything that's our further theb city limits I take the .40 Glock with 3 mags.
>What do you expect to face
Bobcats, bear, mountain lions and deer(which if a bucks got some nuts he can fuck you up) so never go with out a fire arm.
>What do you take
See above, I don't go out with a fucking rifle if I'm packing fuck that.
>>
File: 1623089640279.jpg (142 KB, 960x923)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>posting reddit garbage in a decent /out/ guns thread (rare)
can you not?
theres a /pol/fag thread already
>>2169718
>>
File: R (9).jfif.jpg (305 KB, 1024x1155)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>2170925
thanks for the reply anon. is the gas system kind of like the garand where if your hand is too far up itll chew up your hand? where exactly does it fuck up your hands? owning a type 2 is a long term goal of mine
>>
>>2170991
With my firearms and gear, I'd probably say that my entire load is roughly close to 65 pounds, it really isn't that bad once you figure I don't hike everywhere with it. Once I find a decent spot to set up camp, most of the wait is shedded
>>
>>2171712
There's open gas ports right in front of the handguard by the bipod and if your hand is too far forward it will burn it.
At the same time you have to be aware of the open gas port that the op-rod goes through which means you can't have your hand too far back either.
It ripped open holes in the left thumb and index finger of my glove after just one range trip, now I know to be more careful though.
>>
>>2164994
>methheads, cartel pot farmers, drifters, aggressive homeles
if literally any of these are an issue when you're outdoors then you're not really /out/.
stop trying to camp within 10min walk of town.
>>
>>2171823
ive come across abandoned homeless camps in large tracts of state forest before but yeah youre mostly right
>>
File: image.jpg (1.45 MB, 1654x3486)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>2170743
Buy an Enfield, you've got some insanely cool shit but definitely need a good ol Enfield.
>>
>>2170743
>>2171882
>Enfield
Or a kar98. If you don't need a 'Nazi Germany' one, you can find Argentine or Czech 8mm mausers for pretty cheap. Ammo is also cheaper. 303 Brit is ~$1.50 a round, while you can get FedArm 8mm for $0.70 a round.

Hopefully it will all get cheaper though, just 2 years ago the FedArm 8mm was less than $0.30 a round, screw this price gouging :(
>>
>>2164994
I carry a G19 as well. I'm in Michigan so the need for it isn't too great. I've only ever had to unholster it once to kill a mauled fawn. Women love hearing that story because it shows compassion and ability to kill so go ahead and use it
>>
File: 1586560492972.jpg (240 KB, 1024x554)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>2171678

Shit, I'm an ecofash /pol/ RWDS fag myself, and this guy reeks of "how do you do, (((fellow nazis)))?" LARP. He fucking glows from a mile away.
>>
>>2171668
the big takeaway here is what the fuck was this guy doing in a white country he can go murder people and trespass all day long in his shithole country
>>
>>2169740
if he did this in the current yea, he would be lauded as a hero. impressive kdr though
>>
>imagine actually defending a murderer just because he is a dirty dark
>muh words give me permission to use physical violence
Thats some serious nigger tier logic
>>
i hate the vang poster posting this stupid fucking bs in multiple threads and room temp iq anons just cant resist giving (you)s. This board has zero OC potential so i dont know what i was expecting
>>
>>2164989
>kansas
>bout 15 minutes
>frogs and snakes
>crossman pellet gun

I found out the frogs I was mercing were semi endangered years later
>>
>>2170854
Or he could have stayed where he belongs.
>>
File: B39868.jpg (43 KB, 864x641)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>2171882
I'm still sad about missing out on an original Enfield No.4 MK.I (T) Sniper model with the original Transit chest and accessories at my LGS for $1,000.
Saw it listed on their website and drove over to try and pick it up.
It was gone before I even got there.
I do still want to try and get a either a No.4 MK.I or No.1 MK.III sometime soon.
>>
>>2171980
Fuck off gook
>>
>>2171980
>4chan
>/out/ board
>Thread is dedicated to firearms
It is literally impossible not to post the Chai Vang story
>>
>>2171980
It's really a shame WI doesnt have the death penalty, that dirty gook should have been killed by the state for what he did.
>>
>>2165257
gay
>>
>>2167229
>/k/ meets in Western PA
and literally no public land. where do you meet @?
>>
>>2172245
Private land near the western side, as well as the Allegheny National Forest. Cant bring flamethrowers to the ANF, so we use the private land a bit more
>>
>>2172190
hes posted it in at least three different threads and it starts shitflinging every time
>>2172185
>>2172208
>>2172242
post OC or leave the thread
>>
>>2169740
Fuck you for deliberately lying and misrepresenting what happened because you need it to fit your narrative. People like you are why everything fucking sucks.
>>
>>2172309
Well the dude was found guilty of murder and did say two people deserved to die for being disrespectful.
Sounds niggerish as shit to me.
>>
>>2172305
4 it got its own thread on /k/ and hundreds of (you)s

>>2172309
Literally everything I posted was factual
>>
>>2171668
>>Writes blog post defending murderous gook
>Writes blog post in response
Epic m8
>>
>>2168828
plz deadlift
>>
>>2172917
I’m not the one declaring myself a NatSoc then writing a blog post defending the unprovoked slaughter of whites by a minority. I’m not a nazi. I simply fucking hate gooks.
>>
>>2172931
My frontsquat pr is 350 lbs but need to up my dl game, sure. Now post your woodsgat
>>
>>2172954
>Unprovoked
I recognize a hostile situation when I see one. Gook was in the right to open fire. You could swap the races of both parties all day long and I'd back the shooter every time
>>
File: foto_no_exif~2.jpg (3.33 MB, 3024x4032)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
>>2171937
>He fucking glows from a mile away!
>Doesn't mention the jews!
I just don't give a fuck about feds or their laws at this point. ZOG has been officially UNELECTED and I couldn't feel more free.
>>
File: 1609897123447.png (2.21 MB, 1269x679)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
>>2170854
>>2172994
imagine posting your guns on the internet as a self described nazi while the .gov is ravenously searching for targets like you to gitmo. They're not sending their best folks. I don't like what the feds are doing more than anyone else but if you can't read the prevailing winds you almost deserve it, go back to /pol/ please.
>>
File: 1549200743334.png (357 KB, 1200x1200)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>2172997
also nazism is cringe af in the current year
>>
>>2172987
>I recognize a hostile situation when I see one
>Gook was surrounded by unarmed people while breaking the law
>They deserved it
Fuck off glownigger nobody is gonna fall into your school shooting setup bullshit. Nobody fall for this blatant heebery.
>>
File: 1608208923445.png (391 KB, 960x462)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>2172994

Free men don't ask permission.
>>
>>2172994
lol what is gun safety. imagine hitting a bump and they all accidental dischage directly into the back of your seat and asshole
>>
>>2172997
Based

Come and take it ZOG bot
>>
>>2173147
>gun cases clearly in photo
>guns stick out past the bumper due to length
>not a single gun in that picture has a magazine loaded in it
Great way of outing yourself as nonguns
>>
>>2164989
This might sound a little silly, but, do you think that some guns are naturally more, well uh, /out/ than others?
Like, I'll take my lee-enfield out to the forests, and it just feels right, whereas my ar-15, or kar98k doesn't give me that?
I've got the same feels from my 92fs, Winchester 1897, Auto Ordnance M1 carbine and hi-power, though I can't tell why.
Just me being schizo, or anyone else get this?
>>
>>2173246
id agree with surp over all metal to a point. ARs feel too sterile for innawoods IMO. But I mostly backpack so its usually just a handgun

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.