[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 17794-DEFAULT-l.jpg (91 KB, 800x530)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>2097630
Thinking about picking up my first mora. What's your thoughts on the Mora Bushcraft?
>>
File: frfghtr.jpg (3.06 MB, 4608x2240)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
>>2134853
Pls rate
>>
>>2134872
>serrations
>american tanto
Could've done worst. Spend 20 bucks and get a Ontario rat 1 or 2.
>>
>>2134872
tanto is trash, half serrated is fine. straight up plastic scales. shitty logo job. Black on a stainless blade, lines aren't even straight. Size is ok.

4/10. I wouldn't carry it, but it'll work as a work knife.
>>
>>2134842
I love my bushcraft black. Holds an edge for a long time, easy to sharpen, feels good to use, and I don't have to worry about ruining it since it's so cheap. Best budget knife on the market.
>>
Had the "survival" years, broke one of the belt attachments, the swiveling one. Pretty sure it's exactly the same knife, now the rubbers starting to come off at the finger guard

Pretty solid knife but ibwould choose a hard plastic or wood handle
>>
>>2134872
faggot made a thread just for his shit knife
>>
>>2134894
I held one yesterday at my local sporting good store, it felt very great in my largish hands. Right now I'm looking to replace my Bk7 with some thing lighter, that Mora definitely caught my eye. I am gonna need it order it online, cause I'm not spending 60 bucks at brick and mortar.
>>2134901
>rubber comes off at the guard
How much is coming off? Do you think it could easily be fixed with a epoxy of some sorts? Is the rubber coming off from use, or is it from the sheath rubbing it off?
>>
File: 20180605_125403.jpg (2.2 MB, 2560x1440)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>2134958
>How much is coming off?
not much so far, but it is definitely opening up, down to exposing plastic
>Do you think it could easily be fixed with a epoxy of some sorts?
i guess, so far it hasnt been a big problem and i have plenty of other knives
>Is the rubber coming off from use, or is it from the sheath rubbing it off?
definitely use and missuse. pic rel

but keep in mind ove had it pretty much since the survival first hit the market, and never babied it, so i am completely satisfied with the longevity and the performance, getting pine sap off the rubber is a pain in the ass though so watch out for that
>>
File: mora memevival.png (543 KB, 1280x853)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>>2134972
>>
>>2134872
What gas station did you get that from?
>>
Kneel before the objectively best knife combo
>>
>>2134842
It's a knife. It cuts shit.
>>
File: 1617473341225.gif (3.91 MB, 270x263)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB GIF
>>2134842
I have a Kansbal or w/e. Thick tang and comes pretty sharp, although I don't know how to sharpen a scandi edge really. Good wood knife, but seriously you didn't need to make a thread for this gigachad.
>>
>>2134980
>Chinese knock-off buck
>Chinese knock-off SAK
very cool
>>
>>2134985
>although I don't know how to sharpen a scandi edge really.
It's literally the easiest grind to stone sharpen because you don't have to pay attention to the angle. Just lay it flat and push.
>>
>>2134987
Like I said, objectively the best.
You should feel bad if you paid extra for the same shit
>>
>>2134980
>Buck
Kek, who broke you
>>
>>2134995
>made in china
>>
Moras are a good budget user. I tend to go with puukkos. Similar to ops pic but with hand forged blade and wood/bone handle.
Main points are go for carbon steel over stainless. Stainless is very hard to sharpen. Carbon steel will hold an edge and re sharpen easily, you just have to clean and oil it religiously.
>>
>>2135005
It clearly says it's made in the US
>>
the mora bushcraft is a good value blade for light to moderate tasks. i wouldnt want to try and chop down a 4 inch tree with it. opening packages, cutting food or cordage, striking a ferro rod, making shavings for a fire are all fine. i typically carry one as a backup to my main knife.

i typically carry a mora as a backup blade when i carry an axe. if its your only knife for camp stuff i'd want something beefier unless its a serious long hike and ounces count.
>>
>>2135016
so, China
>>
File: 40306-0.jpg (299 KB, 1000x1000)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>Thinking about picking up my first coronavirus mutation innafield
>Whats your thoughts on the rampant mutations?
>>
>>2135020
What's your main knife?
>>
>>2135029
>>
>>2135033
2nd one was okay.
>>
>>2135000
Massa tried to batony chop chop and broke his buck
>>
>>2135005
China is better at manufacturing 99% of things than the US is
>>
>>2135057
>made in US
>made in China
same
>>
>>2135068
>>2135024
>>2135005
when you were dropped on the head as a baby
>>
>>2135068
If you say so.
I say made in China is better for most things
>>
>>2135071
>>2135072
>US
>China
show me the difference
both should not be
>>
>>2135072
>>2135076
Made in China is basically mystery meat. You have no idea what type of steel is used and you can guarantee that they used pretty much every shortcut and money saving trick in the book. In my experience, made in USA is almost always noticeably better, if only because of the fact that it's so hard for manufacturers to stay afloat in the US that the ones that don't make noticeably better products don't last very long since they still cost a lot more.
>>
>>2134842
Had it, carbon steel sucks for outdoors. Sure it holds edge better but no amount of larping with patinas made it worth it. I now have a dedicated firesteel striker and even cheaper stainless companion. If mora makes something with same handle and stainless go for that.
>>
>>2135092
>carbon steel sucks for outdoors.
Maybe if you're too lazy to maintain it
>>
>>2135092
Your firestriker is just extra weight as you can strike your rod with your ss knoife it doesn't need to be carbon
>>
>>2135108
Hassle for a benefit that's not worth it imo. Cant cut a lemon without it rusting.
>>
File: image.jpg (4.27 MB, 4032x3024)
4.27 MB
4.27 MB JPG
>>2135072
Opinion discarded chang
>>2135020
I carry a mora 511 as my main blade and this as my backup. What are you compensating for? Your moms dick?
>>
>>2135092
They do
>>
>>2135092
stay mad amerifart
>>
>>2135020
son you doing it wrong. why would you use a knife for chopping down a tree? would you use spoon for building a plane?
>>
I don’t know how ops retarded ass managed it but when you put knife in the catalog this thread doesn’t show up. What a cunt
>>
>>2134842
And another thing you cunt. If you’re going to continue a general use the previous niggers formatting. You don’t put your post in the god damn header of a general I am gonna be looking at your stupid question for a month
>>
>>2135029
FuD to Continue the bs
>>
File: 1622952349444.jpg (72 KB, 960x578)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>2135029
>>
File: kansbol-1-1024x768.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>2134842
>What's your thoughts on the Mora Bushcraft?
The Bushcraft was literally made for American larpers as a marketing ploy. The Kansbol (Mora 2000 successor) is the better knife by some distance and feels like a much more substantial (and by far more ergonomic knife) overall. This is the one you'll see every serious fisherman, hunter, guide etc carrying because the profile and ergonomics lends itself to so many uses.
>Garberg looks like Kansbol?
Also made for American larpers. The thicker blade and full tang adds nothing to the knife. Just adds weight and makes cutting performance worse.
>Carbon or Stainless?
Anyone who doesn't pick a SS for outdoors usage in 2021 is somewhat of a retard.
>>
>>2135274
You are quite the gay retard yourself there, xir
>>
>>2135274
Oooooopppsss
>>
File: 1603624999657.jpg (8 KB, 263x192)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2135295
>Hey, Mora! I tried wedging your knife into a tree and stand on it and it couldn't even support my slim 350 lbs! I demand a refund plus a bonus for emotional damages or I'll sue!
I can't even imagine the amount of inbreeding and retardation that led up to that type of damage. Also "lanyard".
>>
>>2134985
>although I don't know how to sharpen a scandi edge really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI4-YHNHqiY
>>
>>2135205
>I don’t know how ops retarded ass managed it
The cock gobbler put the thread title as his name.
>>
>>2135316
That's my trail name, anon, you really should get a trail name.
>>
>>2135318
Your trail name is cock gobbler?
>>
>>2135365
No, that's my stage name.
>>
>>2134842
I'd go with a Kansbol, more all around use for food & game as well as a thicker scandi near the hilt for wood processing.
>>2135295
lel, give it a light sanding, put some epoxy on it and it'll be fine.
>>
File: 81RfV8hiOiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (199 KB, 1500x1500)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Anyone have experience with BPS knives?
>>
>>2135387
the wood scales overlap the tang, it looks like trash and because of that I say no you.
>>
>>2135392
minor detail, nothing you couldn't remedy easily with a dremel or a bit of sandpaper on a stick, it's still a full tang knife for not a lot of money.
>>
File: 440195c179e643e21c.jpg (103 KB, 1000x850)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
What do you guys think of the Skrama 80? I kind of want one and I don't know why
>>
>>2134842
I have one of those. Good all purpose knife and easy to sharpen. I tend to use it less than my thinner opinel knife, but when i need a tougher job done it has not failed me.
>>
>>2135497
fairly indestructible, but I'd just get the bigger Skrama, or both if money's not an issue, the longer handle on it's bigger brother is kind of nice, imo.
>>
>>2135502
Yeah I just ordered a Skrama 200 to be my new outdoors knife but, really liked the looks of the 80 too, I just use a mora right now for most stuff so, I don't even really need it but, I kind of liked it
>>
>>
>>2135274
bait harder
>>
>>2135092
what are you on about? Mora has pretty much every model in stainless steel version
>>
>>2135565
also coated
>>
>>2134842
ah, the knife every cheap boomer fuck gets and then rambles about how good it is for the price when in reality these are the dudes who are afraid to tell the wife they bought a new knife
>>
>>2135612
Does it hurt when people are happy with simple things anon? Does it pain you when they don't overspend on the oldest tool outside of the hammer?
>>
>>2135488
I hear the sheath also fits a companion perfectly
>>
>>2135612
I'd have no issue telling my wife I bought a new knife, seeing as I'm usually buying a new one every week. Be it bitchmade, spyderco, Chris Reeves, Esee, lot more that cost a bunch more than the mora bushcraft, which I just got today. I just wanted a new knife, wanted to see what people thought of the Mora, as well as just talking about knives in general. If any thing, I don't tell my wife about all the guns I buy. Either way you seem like a faggot, so dunno why you bothered joining the topic.
>>
>>2134842
>Bushcraft
You do realize this is a term used to fleece rubes like you of money
>>
>>2135992
I don't care about the name, I care about what it can do, if it fits my needs and the price is right.
>>
>>2136004
>and the price is right.
It's twice the price of a regular Mora, rube.
>>
>>2136017
Wait, no, it's 4x the price. I mistakenly compared it to a stainless model.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/FT01830/morakniv-mora-of-sweden-basic-511-carbon-steel-plain-blade-black-polymer-handle-black-polymer-sheath
>>
>>2136019
Let people enjoy things. “Stop liking what I don’t like” Is the cringiest motive to post in a thread in the whole pantheon of 4chan tismumum
>>
>>2136020
I hope you enjoy manufacturing shrubbery with your $40 knife, anon.
>>
>>2136019
I got mine for 20 dollars on sale. The 511 looks like shit, doesn't feel as good in the hand, also like a inch shorter too, retard.
>>
>>2136041
“Doesn’t feel as good in the hand” hard plastic give you the ability to change the handle shape brainletnig. And the half inch shorter it is, is a good thing. The shorter a blade is, the more control you have of the tip. If he is set on a thick knife, I think he should get a robust and save his money for that esee one day
>>
File: 61pnvG0+y1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (59 KB, 1452x490)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Tempted to grab one of those made-in-china debranded Bear Grylls knives that Gerber sells if they ever go on sale.
>>
File: 1623464305217[2335].jpg (1.45 MB, 4032x2016)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>2135522
>bait harder
Maybe I didn't need to add the Amerimutt line but it's not even close to bait, anon. The Bushcraft handle has the worst ergonomics of probably any mora knife aside from the wooden classic with a weird banana shape and finger groove that makes power cuts (where you put a lot of force into the knife) and detailed cuts (where you grip the knife close to the blade) uncomfortable. The materials used doesn't hold up very well to dirt and grime and gets downright disgusting if you get fish or game guts on it. It's also surprisingly slippery. The sheath is cheap and doesn't have a positive click.

The Kansbol in comparison has great ergonomics for any cutting task. The blade's profile makes it equally excellent for wood carving and gutting fish and is just plain sexy, probably the best looking More in hand by far. The handle looks slippery but it's actually got excellent grip with a rubbery outer texture and a plastic core from some type of nylon composite so feels harder and much more premium. The sheath has a positive click that firmly locks in the knife. The belt look is detachable (again, positive click) and made from some type of faux leather which also feels premium in hand.

I'm telling you, 100%, the Kanbol is the much, much better knife. It's literally Mora turning a corner and finding a sweetspot between price and quality. If the older designs felt like Moras this feels, in terms of quality, much more like a FRN Spyderco (but even a little bit better) at less than half the price. There is no other knife in Mora's assortment that even comes close.
>>
File: Groh3.jpg (192 KB, 1600x900)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
Grohmann gang.
>>
>>2135497
Great little knife, super strong and big cutting edge. Cheap, just get one.
>>
>>2136089
I'm the guy who made this thread. I own esees, I own benchmades , spyderco, bark river, I own a lot of different knives that cost a shit ton more than this. The whole point of this thread was to ask people their opinion of this knife, as well as discuss knives in general. For some reason, you had to go full retard and miss the point completely. Please, kill yourself you stupid fucking nigger.
>>
>>2134995
>>2135005
very rarely will chinese knock-offs be built way good
so a 7 dollar meme 'now this is a knife' knife will just not break under any batoning
>>
>>2135274
The Kansbol is a massive pain in the ass to sharpen, so for that reason alone I'd rather have a Bushcraft black.

>Anyone who doesn't pick a SS for outdoors usage in 2021 is somewhat of a retard.
Again, their carbon knives are much easier to sharpen and hold an edge for longer. Stainless steel is good for retards who don't know how to or care enough to maintain their tools.
>>
>>2136167
That’s not how a general works. You hijacked my dead thread with a previous tag and everything and now you’re telling me we can only talk about one topic for this whole thread and only then, if we agree with you. You are a real life retard actually wow this is fascinating. Screeching and everything. Go back to pol
>>
>>2136111
Tldr
>>
>>2134842
Why do people even carry pocket knives anymore? God invented Leathermans for a reason.
>>
>>2136210
Why not both? Or more? If I’m feeling really saucy I’ll carry a leatherman, a case, and an esee, all 2.5 inches
>>
>>2136211
why would you carry a knife along with a leatherman though? Leathermans already have 2 knives on them. Seems like a waste of valuable space.
>>
>>2136210
>>2136213
A pocket knife is about 1/4 the size and weight, and the blade is the only thing I'd use on a daily basis.
>>
>>2136213
My leatherman for work has one blade, and I would never touch food with it. The case is really just for dates with your mom and things like that
>>
>>2136210
I like to have something available that gives me the ability to shank a bear or a wildcat.
>>
>>2136214
Ah ok. I use mine for everything pretty much. Mainly the knife, screwdriver, and pliers. I work at a golf course, so I use all of those for quick emergency repairs. I also use it for fishing.
>>
>>2136187
>t. some guy who can't sharpen knives
Literally takes a couple of minutes to strop it back to razor sharp unless you've been an idiot and chipped the edge and have to "sharpen"/reprofile it by removing a ton of steel, or are doing your extremely rare reprofiling due to the secondary bevel becoming too blunted from extensive honing (both of which also takes minutes on on a sharpening jigg or wheel and can be done by absolute brainlets).

Don't blame the steel for your inability to understand the difference between honing and "sharpening"/reprofiling, retard. There isn't a single steel on the market that doesn't go back to razor sharp with a bit of honing.
>>
>>2136130
Looks like something I'd find from a kitchen drawer.
>>
>>2136366
You sound like someone who doesn't actually use your knives. You can strop or hone your blade for days but if the edge is dull it will remain dull. When you hand sharpen you are usually not reprofiling. You don't need to sharpen that often, but you do need to do it once in a while, and in those cases I'd much rather work with carbon steel and a scandi grind than SS and some weird hybrid grind where you actually do risk accidentally reprofiling due to the awkward shape.
>>
File: on a peaceful swing.jpg (23 KB, 400x400)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>2134842
Some of the best knives I have, easy to sharpen and keep an edge for a long time. I recommend
>>
>>2136456
Holy mother of fucking god. I genuinely can't believe how stupid you are. I've literally sat here for five minutes reading through your mindless muppetry trying to figure out if and how I can cram some useful information into your tiny, tiny brain but you're seriously a lost cause. There is so much dumb shit in that short paragraph of yours that it would take me, I shit you not, not one or two or three but FOUR guides of varying length to correct your braindread drivel. And I actually would if someone had a keen interest and wiliness to learn. But you're so fucking obtuse and midget-minded that you actually wrote "you sound like someone who doesn't actually use your knives" while spewing out your moronic horseshit with a less than base level of knowledge, signaling that you are beyond a doubt incapable of any type of learning aside from "learning how to shitpost your garbage publicly. You are forever cursed to reside within the arrogant walls of pure, unfiltered retardation you've built around yourself to shield you from the scary prospect of having think.

Go read a wiki, you stupid mouth-breathing fucking idiot. And please kys. Preferably with a Kansbol.
>>
>>2136545
tl;dr
>>
>>2136366
Ahhhh “chipped” see carbon knives don’t really do that. That’s a stainless problem
>>
File: 462834827278110202912711.jpg (133 KB, 1563x1080)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
vintage schrade i just picked up
>>
>>2135295
Thats the exact knife I have now I am worry.
>>
File: IMG_2284-copy.jpg (383 KB, 1440x1080)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>>2136961
It's just another moronic Reddit mutt using a rat tail or partial tail knife to baton through wood and another moron mutt interpreting the "data" with his tiny mutt brain.
>https://www.reddit.com/r/knifeclub/comments/gwsdbi/mora_kansbol_defective_or_one_off_case/

You actually can baton with rat tails. Just can't be a moron about it. You just baton it down as deep as picrel, remove it and drive a sharpened wooden wedge through the rest. If you don't carry an axe or a batoning knife, that is...
>>
>>2137152
The "problem" arises when mutts do picrel. The pound the knife down into the wood and hold the handle, beating on the tip of the knife, thus creating two levers and a pivot point that multiplies the force. Even though infinitely retarded, even this type of idiotic behavior will actually usually work unless you hit a knot. However, to mutts knots are just another obstacle you can pound your way through. And this will kill even skeletonized full tangs and thinner non-skeltonized full tangs, so to gap the amount of retardation in the abuse you need a really thick knife which kills cutting performance. Ideally it should also be a longer knife which makes it useless for almost anything you would use a knife for.

So just don't be a mutt. Bring an axe or use a wedge if you're gonna baton.
>>
>>2136554
>Ahhhh “chipped” see carbon knives don’t really do that. That’s a stainless problem
No it's not. They can chip, roll and dent; all which has to be corrected by a reprofiling (which is not like the other anon mistakenly though was the same as "changing the angle" but any type of "sharpening" where you either restore OR change the angle of the knife).

They are also highly prone to pitting, which is when corrosion eats up the carbon crystals on the very edge of the knife; simulating the process of micro-chipping which is what dulls the blade. This will make it so that a carbon knife can be razor sharp and dull in your backpack as if you've been cutting with it. Which is a problem if you use your knife in any type of setting where humidity can corrode a carbon steel.

It's not a problem if you're using your two inch thick "survival knife" to baton though. You can do that with any type of wedge shaped steel and it doesn't even have to be particularly sharp. Could probably get the job done with a sharp rock, desu.
>>
File: 1623566753002.jpg (2.69 MB, 4032x3024)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
>>2134842
Does anyone know anything about vintage moras just got this today...
>>
>>2136386
Its nickname in the Canadian military was "the steak knife."
>>
>>2137175
They kind of suck with modern standards, desu. Classic Moras were made as cheap disposable knives for the miners and foresters in the Dalarna province, so it's literally just a piece of steel inside a piece of wood, mass produced as cheaply as possible (with birch and fairly high quality steel, which are abundant resources in Sweden) to be beaten, abused, broken and discarded.
>>
>>2137186
I see, thanks! I read some had bone handles. But for sure it appears like a craftsmans knife. The guard is really strange, it makes it uncomfortable to hold.
>>
>>2137193
>The guard is really strange, it makes it uncomfortable to hold.
Why not bend it back?
>>
>>2137193
The guard looks like someome had bent it. It is supposed to be straight.
T. Finnish person who has seen a lot of those old moras, they are everywhere here.
>>
>>2137198
do you think that will break it? I can imagine that is the case, this knife must have been through some shit because I found it at a shelter I work at.
>>
>>2137193
The guard is bent, it's not to supposed to be like that.

And it's not a "Morakniv" Mora. It's a "Bröderna Jönsson" Mora which is a "Mora knife" in that it's made in Mora and features Sandvik steel and a birch but not the KJ Eriksson/Frosts which later became the Morakniv group via a series or mergers of the many knife makers in Mora. Bröderna Jönsson however continued to independently make traditional Mora knives until their factory burnt down (just a few month ago actually).
>https://oldmora.blogspot.com/2019/11/e-jonsson-broderna-jonsson-1936.html
>>
>>2137203
>>
>>2137203
>quoting a link so it's a pain to copypaste
>>
>>2137203
she is bent back to her former glory.
t.y. for the info. that is very interesting. I found it outside a shelter I work at so its likely been used to do all kinds of nefarious things, those swedes did their best for us fentanyl crushing canadians
>>
>>2137212
>I found it outside a shelter I work at
Where the owner purposefully left it because he couldn't take it into the shelter. You've stolen from a bum. Good job. You're really helping those unfortunate folks.
>>
>>2137218
The more knives I remove from the space the safer it should be its my job n u r silly
>>
>>2137218
Also the word bum is problematic shows what u think about people
>>
>>2137233
safe for who?
>>
File: US-man-with-sausage.jpg (97 KB, 678x1024)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>2136111
>worst ergonomics
>>
File: 1575668173820.jpg (105 KB, 600x800)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Can you guys recommend me a knife?
Looking for one that's 3" blade, wooden handle and sturdy.
>>
>>2137152
>>2137155
>>2137160
TLDR. You have autism and you either just discovered this board, or you just discovered knifetism. You need to calm down, and instead you’re of endlessly screeching to the point no one is even reading your shit, understand that the regulars in this thread already know everything you’re trying to teach us. Most of us have come to a more refined understanding of what our own needs are gayboy
>>
>>2137175
Looks d
>>
>>2137571
And this guy is 6'4 manlet
>>
>>2137573
i'd love to see an actual knife fight between you two
>>
>>2137571
Based Charles poster. He is my favorite Check out charlesworld if you tuned out when mde died. Anyhow, get an esee agk and cry about the wood. Micarta/g10 doesn’t break
>>
>>2137577
Kek he’s apparently a syrup nigger or slavsquat nig so he’ll probably be bringing a knife to a gunfight
>>
>>2137580
Thanks friend :) I'll have it on my radar.
Just generally liked wooden handles for aesthetic reasons but this looks quite nice.
>>
>>2137588
It comes in orange g10 as well so you don’t lose it. If you want the knife to build character like wood would, Micarta is a safe bet though
>>
>>2137571
>wooden handle
>>
File: 64c3bd1e3cc67.gif (1.43 MB, 505x414)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
mora always wins european powerhouse
>>
>>2137573
>the regulars in this thread already know everything you’re trying to teach us
The utter retards I responded to clearly did not. Obviously so. So are you one of those retards? Did I huwt youw sensitive wittle feels? No? Then don't throw your name in the hat, you stupid faggot.
Now fuck off. No one gives a shit about your useless betaboi meta. I will jerk off my opinion all over your dumb cunt face all day and you will fucking take it because this is a chan and not a Reddit sub, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>2137615
Again, you have autism, and you aren’t really affecting me. By all means keep posting. You apparently get some sort of catharsis from it and I wouldn’t want to have a negative impact on your already unhealthy mind
>>
>>2137619
>you aren’t really affecting me
>still feel a need to meta though
>only meta
>n-n-not autistic though
>btw, you're mentally ill
>you apparently get some catharsis from it
>wouldn't wanna have a negative impact on your unhealthy mind though, h-honest
Yawn.
>>
>>2137667
You need mental help
>>
File: O3JqhlnUrh3s.jpg (62 KB, 976x850)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>2137605
What's wrong with a wooden handle?
>>
>>2137698
Changes in humidity and elevation will warp and shrink wood. It’s much more of an issue with wooden rifles. It also traps bacteria, but so does micarta
>>
File: EjgOLc5X0AA0yd5.jpg (110 KB, 1024x512)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>
>>2137698
wtf do you even read what we write: get a mora you freaking faggot frog
>>
You’d think after 214 /knife/ generals that you guys would have found the perfect knife for any use by now. WhT even goes on in these threads
>>
>>2137706
Stop posting
>>
>>2137708
Mental illness
See:
>>2137667
>>
>>2137710
grow up
>>
>>2137739
What about discussing tools is immature?
>>
>>2134842
I used it to dress and quarter a deer in the woods yesterday. Pretty good.
>>
do i need serrations?
>>
>>2137776
What are the serrations even for?
>>
>>2137776
no, if you need serrations you want full serrations, a lanyard and a cork handle
>>
>>2137776
If I still worked on a boat full time or was into parachuteing or rock climbing I would have serrations. I have no need for them
>>
>>2137802
rope
>>
>>2137776
Serrations have their use cutting line and some oddly textured materials, but semi-serrations kind of half ass it. When your using a knife to do things like make wood strips for starting a fire, having only a partial length blade is a pain. Sharpening serrations is also a pain. It's much easier to work with either a full straight blade, or work with a full serrated blade//saw. It may not look as "survivalist" without serrations, but unless you have a specific need for them, your better off without them.
>>
>>2137846
So's a sharp fuckin' knife. If you take care of your shit, you don't need serrations.

But ... some people just like them. They're not for me; I prefer a plain edge. But if you do like them, then by all means get a serrated knife!
>>
>>2137776
IMO if you want serrations. Get them on the spine
>>
>>2135128
Nice noife, can I have it when you die from wearing denim?
>>
>>2137846
Find me a typically sized rope that can't be cut by a normal blade. You do keep your blades sharp don't you?
>>
File: 317rkeNNopL._AC_.jpg (12 KB, 498x276)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Pumped for the Schrade SCHF38 showing up soon anyone have experience with this hunk of sharpened shit?
>>
>>2138204
a thick boat rope under lots of tension requires a sawing motion anon just think about it
>>
>>2138261
No experience with it but on paper it looks kind of shit, desu.
>1/4" thick blade steel makes it better suited as a prybar than a knife.
>1095 steel will further add to the poor cutting performance via microscopic edge corrosion. They also tend to use really low hardness on 1095. Get used to sharpening it often.
>The handle ergonomics are bad. You'll be pressing down on a section that curves back into your thenar webspace (area between your thumb and index finger). And to make it worse they've also added jimping/notches there to ensure it'll properly dig into and bite your hand, coupled with a oddly deep finger guard area that'll make it uncomfortable to grip if you have mid to long fingers. And it looks like the spine protrudes from the handle scales, that aren't chamfered, so that's more hotspots. The back of the handle is curved down which is good for chopping but terrible for push cuts. So it's basically built like a chopping knife. Except it's a bad chopping knife compared to actual choppers like a Kukri. And it's downright poor for wood carving, fish gutting etc. It's essentially a prybar that you can chop decently with and kind of cut with. And your hand and fingers will be bent and shaped in all sorts of ways around sharp edges when you grip it.
>There's a non-functional choil on the blade that's added purely for "aesthetics". It's too small to be finger choil and it's not a sharpening choil because it's not attached to the edge. Ultimately all it does is prevent you from doing detailed work since the blade portion that's closest to the handle (and offers most control) is rendered useless.
>It has a cheap powder coating that will wear off as soon as you put it through some serious use.
Overall, I'd say it's your prototypical tacticool mutt-blade. Made for everything except cutting and holding.
>>
>>2138428
i think that choil is for a striker
yeah ill post it when she comes. I have an vintage mora for fine work, I literally wanted an indestructible prybar so that will be alright. I am wondering about the jimping too, worst case it will take some modding
>>
>>2138200
Sure
>>
wtf which knife can produce such giant sparks like this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inao6r5CF0I
>>
>>2134977
It's actually a gas station knife. I've seen that model at my local station. They look worse in person.
>>
>>2138502
>>2135128
>>
>>2134842
>What's your thoughts on the Mora Bushcraft?
Overpriced larper bullshit.
Get any of the 10 buck moras, they work just as well. Only difference (other than the tacticool color scheme) is the square back, but you can grind that down yourself (if you need it - for most purposes, a rounded back is better than a square one).
Only more expensive Mora (or any knife, really) that's worth getting are the laminated moras. But only if you know how to handle knives, as they're thinner and thus easier to snap if you mess up. They can be ground much sharper though, and stay sharp longer too.

Or go chad mode and buy just the blade (mora sells them), stonewash or blacken it if you want to and make your own handle.
>>
>>2138576
well the best mora knives start at $30
>>
>>2137614
any knife can get that far down before getting stuck
>>
>>2134842
If I put some jimping on the back of my knife would that mess anything up? I was wondering if that was something that needs to be done before the heat treat or if it's okay. Would it be better to use a hand file or is my angle grinder okay?
>>
>>2138736
Is the US that expensive? Here, I can get a trilaminate for 20€.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/120483360435?hash=item1c0d5e2eb3:g:v-sAAOSwHr9gnOT9
And a regular one for half that, which is what I'd go with if I didn't already have two.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/160537442818?hash=item2560c6fa02:g:qvQAAOSwfC9XPebn

>>2139176
Just take care not to overheat it, and you're good. if the metal turns yellow or red, it's time to stop, and if it turns blue, you've fucked up.
>Would it be better to use a hand file or is my angle grinder okay?
That file would turn blunt quickly if the back is hardened. I'd use the angle grinder, and lots of water. Basically drip water over the part you're working on, grind for ~10s, put on water again.
Or set the grinder to ~1000 rpm if you've got a controllable one, then you can work without water.
>>
>>2139202
no. almost the same prices. but the knives that are cheaper than 30$ suck.
>>
>>2138576
The ten dollar moras kinda suck compared to the Bushcraft.
>>
>>2138576
The $10 ones are also shorter, thinner, and I believe they're all stainless steel. And not everyone has access to a power grinder. The Bushcraft is worth the extra money.

>Or go chad mode and buy just the blade (mora sells them), stonewash or blacken it if you want to and make your own handle.
I can guarantee that the handle you put on it won't be as durable as the original. Maybe a fun project, but there are no practical benefits to doing this.
>>
>>2139352
>I can guarantee that the handle you put on it won't be as durable as the original.
You can actually make more durable ones. People will take long strips of cloth and dip them in fibre glass resin and wrap it around the handle. It will easily stick on there more than the factory ones, micarata is pretty damn strong, especially if wrapped that way.
>>
>>2139368
Wrap it around the tang*
>>
>>2139368
i use bear teeth, grind them and mix them into a paste, then shape the handle with my ass cheeks
>>
>>2139404
I ground down my own teeth so now I don't need to carry a knife. I'm also not allowed on planes but whatever.
>>
>>2139345
>>2139268
>is wrong
511 is the chief. Morakniv as a company owes their success to the 511.
>>
>>2139441
made for craftsmen. not for outdoors. stop abusing shit.
>>
>>2139457
stop using knives as axes, if you want to play the "use as intended" card.
>>
>>2139457
Morakniv is marketed to carpenters. The overlap for outdoors use is enormous. Don't pry or batton like an asshole and you will be A-OK.
>>
File: s-l1600.png (382 KB, 1000x1000)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>>
>>2139441
The 511 has not made them that much money compared to the classic, that alone has sold like 7x more units. If any thing, it's the classic that got Mora the success.
>>
>>2134842
It's absolutely fine. Easy enough to keep sharp with the right stone, tough enough to do what a knife should do and comfy enough in the hand to use for a few hours at a time.
>>
>>2134842
ITT: A big ass pile of knives that look like they've never even been used.
>>
>>2137776
if you're cutting a shit tonne of strapping and webbing as your main use, I guess.
>>
>>2139804
That seems like the norm with most threads of every thing. Guns, knives, cook sets, condoms.
>>
>>2139176
A dremel can do that pretty quick, but you're likely get a better result with a hand file, unless you're good with a dremel. Heat buildup won't be a problem if you do it carefully in stages and cool it with a wet rag, and a non issue using a file.
>>
>>2138261
update on the shrade:
great balancing. Fairly sharp out of the box but its razor with some sharpening. You could seriously chop down a tree with this knife or pry open a door with it. Thankfully for my hand shape it is very comfortable, but I did spend a couple hours rounding off the top jimping. Went out today and chopped a 5 inch diameter tree down with it and it kept the edge fairly well ..

My only gripe is the small choil, but its very useful for the ferro rod, and it produces so many sparks i nearly set my amazon box on fire with the packing in it lmao
>>
The only Mora you need
>>
Accidently got sent 2 knives instead of one. Sell the second one or keep it as backup?
>>
>>2140147
Keep it
>>
>>2140147
If you feel bad about it call them up and ask. Odds are it isn't worth their effort to send to a box to ship it back in.
>>
>>2140180
I already contacted them but they stated it wasn't worth the trouble sending it back. I''ve ordered a lot from that shop so I don't feel bad about it either.
>>
>>2140147
gift it to a based relative
>>
File: s-l1700.jpg (73 KB, 800x800)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
rethink knives
>>
>>2135128
>mora 511
this knife is for construction and craft work. if you use our building and craft knives in contexts other than those intended, remember that most of them have this unpolished blade back – so it cannot be used with a fire starter.
>>
>>2140396
havnet bought one yet, but i think it would be a feathermaking machine, great levearge and control
>>
>>2140396
>>2140416
but i agree that it is way too expensive, another in the line of Mora´s tries ti diversify, the answer is = dont
>>
>>2140396
What's the point of these? Seems to needlessly limit what you can use it for.
>>
>>2140448
what would more length provide other the batonny?
>>
>>2140453
Really now?
>>
>>2140453
Longer blade has more surface edge, I find because of that the blade usually takes longer to dull. Depending on what you're doing, a longer blade can process wood much better (Not talking about battoning)
>>
>>2140458
short blade = faster sharpening.
>>
>>2140448
I carried a couple for about a year. Very capable tool. Melts in the hand, the pocket. It visibly prints but you can’t feel it. I think it’s around 2 ounces with the sheath on. I like knives between 2-3 inches but that’s just me. More control, less weight, quicker maintenance. Many reasons.if someone can win alone with a 2.5 leatherman blade then I can manage with 2-3 >>2135128
>>
>>2135520
But Moras and Bics are good.
>>
>>2135116
>Hassle for a benefit that's not worth it imo
How much of hassle is it to wipe it dry with a rag?
>>
>>2140468
It's a scandi, doesn't take long time at all. You're gonna spend more time sharpening a short blade in the end cause you're gonna have to do it more often due to the edge getting so much use.
>>
File: 1623295553690.gif (1.97 MB, 200x234)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>2137580
Charles was just in it for the money. He's a pseudo intellectual who got angry at Sam and Nick for getting the show canned, despite the fact the only reason the show existed in the first place was due to Sam, and his more righty leaning fan base. Without the fan base and without those Sam written skits, there would have never been a show in the first place. Charles acts like Sam got the show canned, but Charlie boy is actually angry his golden ticket was cancelled. He should be thankful to Sam for the small window of success Charles would have never had. Without Samuel Hoydelstein no one would have ever heard of Charles. There's a reason Nick and Sam are still buddies, because they knew and believed in their material/cause. Charles is just an actor who wanted to make it big by being another pseudo intellectual chaos agent. And it's apparent by his material after World Peace, it's all fever dream nonsense with no underlying message, because that's what he thought World Peace was and he's too dumb to understand it. He's a normie pretending not to be one. Autistic rant out.
>>
>>2140975
That guy is the type that can't wipe a knife blade on his pant leg without sending himself to the emergency room.
>>
>>2141097
You’re retarded in a lot of ways. You don’t think Sam hates HIMSELF for ruining all their lives? Always taking it too far? You brainwashed nigger. True Liberalism supports their freedom of expression. Trannies and niggers have created a new religion and they are conservative in relation to it. You act like you know these people on a personal level. Go outside. Charles is a good man, no more or less mentally ill than Sam. They’re both obviously retarded
>>
>It's a scandi, doesn't take long time at all. You're gonna spend more time sharpening a short blade in the end cause you're gonna have to do it more often due to the edge getting so much use.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.