[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 283.png (1.45 MB, 900x675)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
USDA Hardiness Zone Map: https://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/
Koppen Climate Map: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/K%C3%B6ppen_World_Map_High_Resolution.png

Search terms:
Agrarian, Agriculture, Agrology, Agronomy, Aquaculture, Aquaponics, Berkeley Method Hot Composting, Cold Frames, Companion Planting, Composting, Container Gardening, Co-operative Farming, Core Gardening Method, Cultivation, Deep Water Culture (DWC), Dry Farming, Espalier, Farmer's Market, Forest Gardening, Forestry, Fungiculture, Geoponics, Greenhouses, Homesteading, Horticulture, Hot Boxes, Hugelkultur, Humanure, Hydroponic Dutch Bucket System, Hydroponics, Keyhole Garden, Korean Natural Farming, Kratky Method, Landscaping, Lasagna Gardening, Ley Farming, Market Garden, Mulching, No-till Method, Ollas Irrigation, Orchard, Permaculture, Polyculture, Polytunnels, Propagation, Rain Gutter Garden, Raised Beds, Ranch, Rooftop Gardening, Ruth Stout Garden, Sharecropping, Shifting Cultivation, Soil-bag Gardening, Square Foot Gardening, Stale Seed Bed, Straw Bale Gardening, Subsistence Agriculture, Sugar Bush, Truck Farming, Vermiculture, Vertical Gardening, Window Frame Garden, Windrow Composting

Alpaca, Animal Husbandry, Antelope, Beefalo, Black Soldier Fly (BSF), Brushturkey, Cattle, Cavy, Chickens, Coypu, Crayfish, Curassow, Dairy, Deer, Donkey, Dove, Duck, Emu, Feeder Insect, Fish, Game Bird, Geese, Giant Guinea Pig (Cuy), Goat, Grouse, Guan, Guineafowl, Hedgehog, Heliciculture, Honey Bee, Iguanas, Llama, Ostrich, Partridge, Pheasant, Pigeon, Pig, Poultry, Quail/Bobwhite, Rabbits, Sheep, Silkworm, Snail, Toad, Trumpeter, Turkey, Worm

Resources:
General Info & Anon-created Guides: https://pastebin.com/Mvfh8b87

Archives:
1-191:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5e8dcue3a9e1wzg
192-201:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i45hpg3h46rraw

pervious >>2128791

THREAD THEME https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDeMfL8Ib9A&list=RDGMEMJQXQAmqrnmK1SEjY_rKBGA&index=7
>>
>HMG
>genreal
>tripfag
good grief man
>>
File: 1608693172968.png (138 KB, 640x730)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>2133277
its been a long day
>>
something keeps eating my broccoli. i've replanted 3 times only to end up with it all eaten. they don't seem to be touching anything else. what the fuck would specifically target broccoli?
>>
I need to get pumpkins and winter squash in the ground. I've put it off too long.
>>
Daily reminder that it is capsicums, not """bell peppers""".
>>
>>2133325
Now would be the perfect time to do it, in zones 7 and above.
>>
File: file.png (1.26 MB, 886x586)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>2133330
"oh anon you want us to pass you the capso what?"
"Oh you meant bell peppers! Oh you and your silly farming lingo"
>>
Reminder that the Dickinson pumpkin is still a pumpkin, fuck the pepofags and their clickbait articles calling it a butternut squash
>>
File: Dickinson Pumpkin.jpg (107 KB, 600x765)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>2133340
Forgot pic
The pepo cult made my captcha expire too quickly the first time I tried writing this post
>>
>>2133330
>The generic name may come from the Greek word κάπτω kapto, 'to gulp'
Cum-guzzler.
>>
>>2133340
>>2133341
Begone, imposter. You will never be a real pumpkin.
>>
File: 679-3.jpg (869 KB, 1200x800)
869 KB
869 KB JPG
>>2133347
Look at me. I'm a pumpkin now.
>>
File: Dill's Atlantic Giant.jpg (308 KB, 1500x1271)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>2133347
Shut your mouth, you ungrateful child. Your anger comes from the fact that you will never be as big as me or them
>>2133349
No, Hubbard, you are still a Hubbard.
>>
File: Jarrahdale-Pumpkins-.jpg (43 KB, 900x596)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Oi, Pepo say that to my face ya cunt
>>
Anyone else do all their garden work naked? My neighbors look at me funny but I feel more at peace and in tune with nature
>>
Hi lads. I'v recently started growing my own sweet potatoes for the fun of it.
One thing that is puzzling me is that my sweet potato is super bushy.
When I look at all other sweet potato vids and images thhey have much more length between the stalks and leaves.
In my case it's not growing much in length at all, but it's throwing off leaves in every direction constantly. So it's a very short plant but extremely bushy.

Any ideas on this?
>>
>>2133294
You should show the pattern of how it's eaten.
I'v had birds eat on my brocolli.
>>
>>2133273
Usda zone 11a
>>
>>2133325
>>2133331
Grow bags are good too
>>
>>2131416
I think there’s some disease on my tomato plant, what is it?
Should I cut out the top?
>>
>>2133446
APHIDS
if its just one plant like this you can manually sqiush them, be through though and get any babies as well.
Check on it daily to see if more pop up. They multiply lightning fast, but if you catch it early it's easy to kill of 1-5 of the fags.
>>
File: 20210608_193803.jpg (4.14 MB, 4032x3024)
4.14 MB
4.14 MB JPG
I guess rotating types of plants isn't just a meme. Does this look like blight to you guys? Other leaves looked worse but I got rid of them. I've already removed visibly affected leaves and sprayed the rest of the plant with neem oil, but wanted to know if you guys think its blight.
>>
File: 1516360364033.png (70 KB, 275x224)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>2133341
>>2133347
>>2133349
>>2133358
>they are here
>its already started
>>
>>2133493
Yup it’s blight.
Spray copper solution every day, and continue removing the affected leaves.
It WILL get worse before it gets better. I had the same issue last year, after 2 weeks of copper/cleaning I managed to save my plants.
Godspeed anon
>>
>>2133448
Thanks! I’ve removed the top part that was infested and killed manually to other aphids I saw.
My other plants don’t appear to have aphids but seem to attract a lot of other ‘junk’. Should I be concerned ?
>>
>>2133511
Top middle. I see an aphid
>>
>>2133511
lady bugs to eat aphids, have Dill(which attracts aphids and will act as magnet for aphids to go to the dill plant instead of other plants)
Once dill flowers, it attracts ladybugs which clean up the aphids. Having other flow type plants can be benefitial to your garden in terms of attracting beneficial bugs that do pest control.
>>
What is the reason for this?
>>
What's a cheap source of greenhouse plastic?
>>
File: 000.jpg (301 KB, 1634x946)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
Should I be worried if new growth doesn't start of vibrant green?
I notice that leaves become much more green later on, as in the right image.
>>
>>2133560
You after solid panels or the flexi sheet stuff?
>>
File: image0-32.jpg (34 KB, 720x648)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Can anyone redpill me on comfrey a bit? A neighbor of mine loves it for his compost (they seriously turn black when they die, really awesome breakdown in compost piles) but I also hear it makes great chicken feed and you can propagate it really easily via divisions. Are there any real downsides to having it?
>>
File: 00803.jpg (281 KB, 700x700)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>doesn't taste better than standard varieties
>small yield
>gets destroyed by diseases
the worst variety I have ever grown
>>
>>2133371
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE HAHAHAHAHAHAHA *fshhhhhhhhh*
>>
>>2133655
Then you are stupid for growing it you want some victim points faggot?
>>
>>2133342
kek
>>
ka piss cums
>>
File: 3gnqzq.png (185 KB, 600x600)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
I fell for the "don't prune tomato suckers for higher yields" meme and they took over and crushed every other plant in the garden.
>>
Why are my tomatillos flowing like crazy already? I'm in zone 6a. What should I do? It's too early and they're too small to bear fruit.
>>
Rate my retardation
>>
Tell me about permaculture anons. Is it a meme?
>>
>>2133698
chaos/10
>>
For future reference:
>/hgm/ Homegrowmen Thread #XXX
>>
>>2133545
might be sunburn
>>
>>2133698
what all do you have in there, anon?
>>
>>2133730
Looks like clover, beans that want some nitrogen, grass, and maybe a little bit of poison ivy.
>>
>>2133730
Yellow beans, green beans and lettuce.
Most of the beans you see are yellow. The green ones should be in the middle, and the lettuce at the end, which I need to weed. The was going to tear out the clover that started growing there, but the bumblebees have been all over them. The two tall ones in the back are blackberry plants.
>>
>grow 7 different types of tomato
>more mystery tomatoes pop up from the fallen fruit of last year
I have tomatoes.
>>
>>2133273
is it too late to plant tomatoes? I have some sprouts that are still growing but will they have enough time to bear fruit?
>t. 7A
>>
>>2133630
Comfrey kicks ass for composting and mulching, but it comes with a few caveats. If you don't have the sterile Russian variety it'll self-seed all over the place, and you need to be absolutely sure where you want it when you put it in the ground because it'll regenerate from root fragments if you try to rip it out later. I'd also be wary of using it too much for feed, it's been proven to be both toxic and carcinogenic but as a small portion of their rations it should be okay. Other than that it's a fantastic plant that attracts a lot of bees and can also be used in medicinal salves if you're into that kind of stuff (external use only because, once again, it's both poisonous and cancer-y).
>>
>>2133787
Small fruit varieties are still fine to plant.
What do you have to lose other than maybe a couple of dollars?
>>
>>2133330
this autistic spectacle
>>
>>2133655
beefsteak?
>>2133698
looks like what I do with dwarf trees except it's beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeans
beans/10
>>
>>2133366
I resonate with this. More specifically i use my penis as a probe to measure water saturation
>>
>>2133783
>tear out the clover
chop n drop it. leave roots in the soil to break down and getchya that stored up nitrogen.
>>
>>2133366
Friendly reminder to protect against the sun.
>>
>>2133787
Tomatoes need 90 days. How many days until your frost?
>>
>>2133796
true
>>
>>2133825
used to be around October but in recent years, its been closer to November, or even early December.
>>
>>2133582
Flexi plastic
>>
Has the sun been absolutely wrecking plants that would normally take full sun? It's dehydrating soil through my mulch every other day, it's insane, I only have so much material to lay down
>>
>>2133847
It has destroyed my beans
>>
>>2133849
My beans have also suffered. What's blowing my mind is the tomato vines are suffering hard, no amount of water appeases their infinite thirst and it's showing in bad ways
>>
>>2133726
i was drunk :/
>>
>>2133847
zone/reigion?
>>
>>2133693
flowering**
>>
Pretty sure best boy has one last harvest after this one. Going to prune It heavily and pray It shoots again. The lack of sun really hit It.
>>
>>2133498
Stop being a baby
>>
File: file.png (1.36 MB, 737x703)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
Can i trellis the tree trunk for these cukes?
9a btw
>>
>>2133448
This check the underside of the leafs.
>>
>>2133655
Brandywine?
>>
>>2133448
more like APHAIDS
>>
>>2133965
Go find a ladybug larva and put it on the plant with the aphids.
>>
>>2133948
daga kotowaru
>>
Any tips for promoting Bell Pepper growth or Melon germination?
>>
My chives arnt getting any bigger :<
Was hoping for flowers this year but I guess not
>>
>>2134054
nitrogen early, phosphorus for blooming
>>
>>2134056
yes, how the FUCK do you make chives grow?
>>
is fast-growing-trees a good source for trees if i'm not already close to a nursery that has the trees i want in stock?

ive found that local nurseries always have better, larger, healthier stock than anything from online stores but want to see if anyone has any testimonies
>>
>>2133853
>What's blowing my mind is the tomato vines are suffering hard, no amount of water appeases their infinite thirst and it's showing in bad ways
I mean whats' the soil structure like, whats the root system like?
When plants have a shit time getting enough water in them even if you water it hard, it usually means either the roots are shit or the soil is shit which leads to shit roots.
>>
>>2133853
same here, not a single tomeito out of tens of flowers
>>
>>2134197
wanted to add that it seems like all of the reviews on their website are manufactured or fake, which adds another layer of skepticism
>>
File: 20210606_070950.jpg (3.48 MB, 1750x3605)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB JPG
First time growing potatoes. Plants are a month old. I amended the soil with bone meal and granulated all purpose vegetable garden fertilizer when planting. I'm thinking about hilling them up soon with more straw, and was wondering if I should top/side dress with more bone meal/fertilizer before doing so. Will I burn them? Should I hold off for another month?
>>
>>2133368
anybody?
>>
>>2134250
How much sun are they getting?
>>
File: windwo.jpg (375 KB, 1175x881)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
Here's part of my garden, from the window. I told myself I would plant snow peas again because they are such a hassle, they never want to climb up the poles and sprawl uselessly about but god damn I get an entire colander full of pods every day.
>>
>>2133368
Your soil is too rich, especially with nitrogen.
>>
>>2133975
Yes you are a little baby. Only little babies are scared of pumpkins
>>
>>2134264
8 hours of direct sunlight on average.

>>2134267
*nervous laughing*
H-how bad is that?
>>
>>2133368
Eat the leaves, they taste kind of like baby spinach and are very nutritious
>>
Any rabbit chads here? How do you keep your rabbits? Do you prefer cages, hutches, or colonies?
>>
>>2134274
Not yet, it still withing the circumference of the bucket I planted it in.
Once it grows out in size and I have no space for it I will trim it. Hopefully the nitrogen will be somewhat more depleted by then and it will focus on the roots rather than the leaves.
Guess I shouldn't be giving it my piss as fertilizer anymore, huh?
My logic was that it will make the soil more acidic which sweet potatoes prefer and it will supply the needed nitrogen for leaf growth starting off. Then as it gets enough leaf growth(for the space that I can afford it) I would stop giving it piss for the nitrogen and instead start giving it more potassium which it needs for the sweet potato growth.

What's a good source of potassium for sweet potatoes that doesn't make the soil too alkaline, like pot ash would?
>>
>>2134272
>*nervous laughing*
>H-how bad is that?
probably not very. Nitrogen promotes leaf growth. I wouldn't worry about it either way. Most of the posts here are people concerned about a single leaf on a plant that turned brown or something, just leave the plants alone and they'll do fine. It's easy to fuss and overcare for a garden so if you need a working excuse to be outside instead of just drinking beer and sitting in the sun you can always pull weeds.
>>
>>2134281
>Most of the posts here are people concerned about a single leaf on a plant that turned brown or something
Wouldn't that usually be because they have limited crop?
If you have a field of plants and one of them gets some bad leaves who cares.
If you have only a single plant or two that you are growing, if it starts getting problems then you can lose all your harvest if it goes real bad, or at least get worse results.
>just leave the plants alone and they'll do fine
With the heat being massive and the containers being relatively small, I have to check daily to see how dry the soil is otherwise they get cooked here.
The pests are a annoyance as well, last year my watermellon got swarmed with aphids for instance.

But really I'm okay with overcare and exerting more control early on as it's a learning experience and I want to know what variables give what results.
>you can always pull weeds.
zero weeds to speak of.
>>
>>2133938
Holy fuck, I just looked up how much that scale cost!
>>
File: nitrogen.jpg (269 KB, 800x632)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>2133742
>beans that want some nitrogen
>>
>>2134297
God damn it /out/ why are you so much more based than other boards.
>>
File: 1.jpg (145 KB, 751x997)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
I have about 13 progress pics of this little sucker. Should I post them here?
>>
>>2133332
Why do Americans call them ‘peppers’? They’re not spicy, they literally don’t contain capsaicin.
>>
File: spypoint.jpg (1.14 MB, 1920x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
Anyone else do food plots? This hot dry June in Michigan is killing my new clover micro plot.
>>
>>2133914
smack dab in the middle of zone9a-9b
>>2134208
myakka soil is shit soil, but the last 2 years I didn't have this issue.
>>2134212
That's rough, mine finally started fruiting, but the foliage looks like ass.
>>2134297
great image, kek'd
>>
>>2133493
I think it’s nitrogen-deficient, have you planted any pulses or beans in the bed that’s growing in at all?
>>
>>2133954
Are you posting on /pol/ right now?
>>
>>2134316
yep
>>
>>2134317
I thought I recognised that pic!
I love cucumbers too.
>>
>>2134320
I forget how much i liked them until recently

I just planted them because they were a familiar veggie I don't hate and then had like 20 seedlings, thinned out all but 5
>>
>>2133493
my foliage looked like that and it turned out to be root knot nematodes
>>
>>2134321
Ever tried horn melon?
It’s something you can use to diversify your gardening attempts, and tastes much like cucumber.
It’s pretty tough, so it can handle neglect, and it tastes great with a sprinkle of brown sugar!
>>
File: file.png (62 KB, 1008x392)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>2134327
nope, here's what i have so far though
I need to add cosmos and chives
>>
>>2134331
>Cosmos
Flowers make a nice garnish, though it does like to run.
>Chives
Good at protecting fruit trees from pests

You’ve got a good mix, but I would recommend you occasionally cycle through something nitrogen-fixing
>>
>>2134335
yeah i'm planning on sowing something late summer/fall but IDK what
9a btw
>>
>>2134331
a-anal?...
>>
>>2134347
[spoiler]annual or perennial [/spoiler]
>>
>>2134340
I’m roughly around the 10 zone (Australian scale does not match up with the American one), and I’ve found snow peas and pigeon peas do well enough. Clovers aren’t half bad at it, but bees really like them because they have very sweet pollen.
>>
File: 001.jpg (557 KB, 2052x778)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>2133368
>>
>>2134362
depending on the variety some sweet potatoes are more compact. Some vine out, and some vine out, send out more tubers, and invade my yard w/ infinite free food that I find on accident all the time.
>>
I've planted some herbs/flowers last Sunday, its been a while since I've gardened. Last time the only thing I successfully grew was radishes..
We had a cold snap last night and I'm skeptical that any of what I've planted will germinate now. Sad
>>
>>2134278
sweet potatoes that get too much nitrogen can get diseased easily. Sweet potatoes are retard strong, take it out of that Nitrogen laden media, and put that lump in some fucking pure compost w/ bone meal and potash. FULL SUN BOI
>>
>>2134371
>sweet potatoes that get too much nitrogen can get diseased easily.
What are the signs?
> Sweet potatoes are retard strong
Yeah supposedly, but I want a decent harvest not just "good job you didn't kill it"
> take it out of that Nitrogen laden media
I think it has filled out that bucket in terms of root development. It's not very convenient for me to do replanting now.
>potash
Wont that raise the PH of the soil? Don't sweet potatoes like acidic soil?
>FULL SUN BOI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT8CRi9k4bo
>>
>>2133954
oh yeah for pic related do i have to thin out one of the cukes in that really long pot?
also is under a tree decent for full sun plants in the hot climate of 9a?
>>
>>2134374
>signs
many yellowing leaves
>decent harvest
it's more about keeping the fucking things fed and watered. I amend once a month w/ bone meal and compost scratched into the soil and then water biweekly w/ a liquid fert high in P and K w/ very low N.
>the bucket's filled out
if the leaves aren't diseased from the N then don't worry, just keep the P flowing. The plants is def tough enough that washing away all the media and then completely repotting wouldn't do shit, but it's also time spent not doing something else.
>potash
They like slightly acidic soil. The potash isn't as important as the bone meal, but they like potassium, the phosphorus is important stuff. If you have another means for potassium that isn't potash, go for it.
>>
File: soil ph.jpg (99 KB, 826x557)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>2134382
>many yellowing leaves
Isn't that usually the sign of nitrogen deficiency?
>They like slightly acidic soil.
Pic related
>The potash isn't as important as the bone meal
Really, as far as I read pottasium is the most important thing for sweet potatoes.
>If you have another means for potassium that isn't potash, go for it.
I have literally none at the moment.
I just got some potting mix, added some random fertilizer that is in the form of rocks(don't even know what it exactly is because it's written in a language I can't read and added it to the soil. The rest of it was just diluted piss water every once in a while. I figured it would make the soil more acidic and give it nitrogen to start it off for leaf growth.
But now that the leaf growth is decent, I need to consider a source of pottasium and phosphorus for it, otherwise I will get only leaf growth and no sweet potatoes.
What are my opinions for potassium? In terms of making it myself for instance?
>>
>>2134275
Rabbit chad reporting in. It depends on your goals. It's very easy to get 1"x2" wire for the walls and 1"x1/2" (16 or 14 gauge) wire for the floor and make any of your designs happen. If you are practicing for a larger commercial-grade operation, go with individual cages for does and their babies. If you are fortifying a permaculture operation, individual cages are still fine, but group living is also possible. Colony-style setups have their disadvantages: increased parasite load, cleaning difficulties, rabbit access difficulties, low-quality or absent husbandry records, and so on. Colonies may cost less to fence, but you will pay for it somehow. Rabbits will at times not hesitate to kill each other, so colonies may not even lead to overall welfare benefits. Try both and see what you can learn.
>>
File: file.png (201 KB, 500x550)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>2133273
Does anyone use this? Its kind of expensive but I was thinking of buying it once and just growing my own Bacillus amyloliquefaciens by adding water and sugar. Is there any reason that wouldn't work?
>>
>>2134362
Does it get enough light?
>>
>>2134419
8 hours of direct sunlight a day on average.
I can't tell shit from that image as it's way to fucking small to tell the colors apart.
>>
>>2134398
>nitrogen
it usually is, but if the N is too high on the sweets many all at once will turn yellow.
>potassium
ime I haven't needed a lot of potassium, just the bone meal. I've never tested my soil for fertility, though.
>acidity
5.5-6.0, is slightly acidic, you can see the blueberry wants a 4.5, which is substantially more.
>potassium source
charcoal/wood ash can be made in a grill. I'm unsure if cooking w/ it will affect the ash negatively or not. Chopped and charred bananas can be used as they are very high in potassium, however a substantial amount of bananas must be used. There are substantial amounts of K in the peel and flesh, but slightly more in the peel.
>Cody's lab has a good vid on chemical extractions of the K
adding the charred banana to media w/ microbes will suffice.
>Langbeinite, sulfate of potash magnesia
Langbeinite is a potassium-magnesium-sulfate mineral thing that I've never used, but am aware of that is also an amendment.
>burned cucumber skins
Illite clay
>kelp
greensand
>granite dust
sawdust
>basedbean meal
alfalfa
>bat guano.
>>
>>2134197
>i'm not already close to a nursery that has the trees i want in stock?
Have you asked any of your local nurseries about ordering plants? Retail nurseries often source their products from wholesale nurseries that aren't accessible to you.
>>
What the fuck do I do. My parents are buying 5 acres of land which normally I would be happy about, but it isn't anything how they described what they wanted. It's long and narrow, it has none of the trees they want, there's an eyesore right next door, and the neighbor throws some trash over.
It has a bunch of Blackberries on the property which would be nice but they are a fucking weed there, they cover most of the property, and you can't cut a trail in because it just grows over the next time it rains. They talk about how they want animals and bees and a garden there but they also say they just want to go there as a weekend thing so they can't even do that. And if I say anything about it they just tell me that I can sell it when they're dead, which is idiotic to me because why fucking bother buying a plot of land that you aren't going to improve or planning for your future family to enjoy when you could just wait and get one. And then the cabin on it is so shitty too, it doesn't have water, or electricity, it's being sold as "finished" but doesn't have any fucking outlets or pipes in when there is water and electricity at the fucking road.

Sorry for the blog post. Anyone know how to start willow cuttings the right way? Is it really as simple as cutting at the right spot and putting into a glass of water?
>>
>>2134427
air layer the willow
>boomer's being dumb
It's rough
>>
>>2134307
>Why do Americans call them ‘peppers’?
Why not? The spiceless chilis are the same species as the spicy ones.
>>
>>2134427
>>2134429
Yeah it is. The cabin is so tiny that I don't know how they're gonna store food, or even put in a fridge if they "get solar panels and hook up some car batteries", like where are you gonna put the car batteries there isn't even a fucking basement. And there's a tiny ass wood burning stove, trash left right next to the cabin by the people who worked on it just in a pile, a horrible fucking phone tower that's just right next to them, and they want a SxS but where are they gonna put the fucking thing, "just gonna buy a shed" yeah what a good use of space, where are you gonna drive the fucking thing? Through the blackberries or over the barbed wire the asshole dairy farmer threw over? It's just living in my head rent free so bad that I just upset thinking about it and that it's hard for me to sleep, I hope the realtor company that's selling this piece of shit goes out of business.

But thanks man I've been wanting to make some willow cuttings and that'll help a lot.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (54 KB, 399x425)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>2134423
>ime I haven't needed a lot of potassium, just the bone meal. I've never tested my soil for fertility, though.
Bone meal apparently needs PH to be lower than 7 for it to even work.
>5.5-6.0, is slightly acidic, you can see the blueberry wants a 4.5, which is substantially more
I dunno man, I'm just a coyboy firing form the hip. Hopefully the PH is slightly acidic now.

>charcoal/wood ash can be made in a grill. I'm unsure if cooking w/ it will affect the ash negatively or not. Chopped and charred bananas can be used as they are very high in potassium, however a substantial amount of bananas must be used. There are substantial amounts of K in the peel and flesh, but slightly more in the peel.
>Cody's lab
Pic related

>rest of your post
I have no idea if that is even meant for me or what it means.
>>
>>2134427
What a little crybaby bitch you are, buy your own land you entitled twat or better yet keep whining until they disown you
>>
>>2134444
chek'd and kek'd
>rest of post
yes, it's for you. All of those things contain potassium in some form
>>
>>2134451
anon seems to perceive his parents are being taken advantage of. Is that really something to belittle another over?
>>
>>2134452
Is it possible to roast bana peels after they have been dried to get them crispy enough for potassium? Don't have the option of burning stuff.
I have an oven with a heating element above so 250C from that usually is enough to char cooking paper after a while.
If I just throw in some chopped bana peels, char them and then add them on top of the sweet potato soil, will that be enough to get some potassium down to the roots?
>>
>>2134461
grind after charring
>soak in lukewarm water for 10 minutes
remove from water, reserving water, and mix w/ media [preferably well-age compost w/ microbial action], but any will do
"cultivate" peel amended media into soil surface about an inch
>mix charred peel water w/ water for plant and water in new media
do this once a month
>>
>>2134461
oh my bad, yes you oven roast the bananas, the optimal shape is slices and coating them in a cornstarch slurry helps to keep from sticking. no need to start a fire or grill anything.
>>
In the last thread, an indoor bell pepper anon was recommended more nitrogen and light.

Should I give my bell peppers, which get plenty of light, 10-10-10, or should I find a more nitrogen/magnesium focused blend myself?

>More Nitrogen and More light. Probably magnesium too cause they be like that
>>
>>2134427
>blackberries
Fucking hate these things.
They take ages to completely get rid of. Been fighting mine for a year now and they still fucking sprout.
>>
>>2134301
What the fuck is that
>>
>>2134502
10-10-10 w/ some source of magnesium. I use a liquid magnesium fert, but palm/citrus fertilizers generally have it, though they have less N compared to P and K
>>
>>2134408
is that an acceptable media to cultivate Bacillus a.?
>>
File: 2.jpg (90 KB, 617x589)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>2134514
Why I'm glad you asked, that is 10% of my old lunch! Soon to be 3000% of my new lunch.
>>
>>2134461
You can just leave them in the sun to dry desu
>>
>>2133673
Lets not be deliberately aggressive for attention
>>
>>2134529
How long do I have to leave the banana peels in the sun to dry?
Do I Have to later chop them up and work thme into the soil or just soak them in warm water and then use the water as liquid potassium fertilizer?
Lasltly wont most sources of pottasium alkalize the soil? How do I balance that out for my acidic soil requirements?
>>
File: midsommar2.jpg (74 KB, 800x538)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Any one grow marijuana? Soooo much fun
>>
>>2134526
sweet spud
>>
>>2134532
glowin
>>
>>2134444
Significance of torching the bananas?
>>
>>2134520
I think so. It might prefer xylose. I wasn't finding anything but links to buy it with google. I did find some people who do hydroponics and leave part of the water in with each cycle.
>>
>>2134526
Nice man
>>
File: 3.jpg (124 KB, 654x506)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>2134535
Oh I'm gonna...Ahhh. Im gonnna GROOWWWW
>>
>>2134536
Glow that shit to perfection love it
>>
>>2134543
Fonty fonty keks
>>
>>2134541
post results, super interested
>>2134543
Oh no. Not like that.
>>2134544
bigenergypost/10
>>
>>2134537
My guess it's easier to make things bio available if it's broken down into dusty tier components.
>>
>>2134423
What about K20? same thing
>>
File: 4.jpg (118 KB, 739x717)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>2134547
>Oh no. Not like that.
What's the matter anon, craving my sweet tatos?
>>
>>2134549
Never used it or heard of it until now. Reading up on it, I don't see why it would hurt other than maybe raising soil pH too high.
>>2134550
you gotta leave the root in the water and twist the "slips" off and put them in water to root and then put them in media to be watered and developed to then plant them somewhere that's heavily & adequately amended for like the whole year in full sun.
are the slips developing well like that? they should be ravenous
>>
File: 5.jpg (87 KB, 499x591)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>2134552
>you gotta leave the root in the water and twist the "slips" off and put them in water to root and then put them in media to be watered and developed to then plant them somewhere that's heavily & adequately amended for like the whole year in full sun.
I am breaking almost every rule
>are the slips developing well like that? they should be ravenous
Who knows, you tell me
>>
File: 6.jpg (203 KB, 965x945)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>2134554
>>
>>2134554
I'm gonna assume that's some purple heirloom variety you found at a nice grocery store or a farmer's market. That slip looks fine
>>2134557
Oh my. That's a good lookin' vine. Twist it off the tuber and put it in a cup of water that covers the bottom inch and keep the water changed. The roots will grow quickly.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 300x168)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>Wait for sun down.
>Have a window in bathroom
>Put perlite in sad plant
Put sad plant in shelf net to bathrooms
>Put healthy plant next to adjacent shelf on other
>Light candles three on each shelf respectively
>Sing viewtiful song to them from Midsommar
Cu meee suuu
>Blow out candles

Quartered in size
>>
File: 7.jpg (94 KB, 768x890)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2134558
>I'm gonna assume that's some purple heirloom variety you found at a nice grocery store or a farmer's market. That slip looks fine
Nah, I was just about to make some sweet potatoes and though to myself, damn, I like these things, might as well try growing one of them this year.
Snip off like 10% off the top and the rest, well you can see in the images.
It was from a random grocery store.
>>2134558
>Oh my. That's a good lookin' vine. Twist it off the tuber and put it in a cup of water that covers the bottom inch and keep the water changed. The roots will grow quickly.
It was very short but bushy, usually you are supposed to let it grow to like 6 inches but I let it grow only to like 3 inches.
Didn't twist it either, Just ripped it out of there with some of the old sweet potato attached.
This pic is a couple of days after I put it into the water, like 3-4 I think.
Right before I transplant it into the soil.
>>
>>2134563
I will await the final image lmao
>>
>>2134552
k20..
k2
Fake weed with oxygen. (I'm studying)
Why does bloom come with it. its a resench chemical. if i wanted to that id just empty buckets of standoz-82 and LSD
>>
File: 8.jpg (238 KB, 764x977)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>2134567
Should have mentioned about the last pic, the thing was soo ready to develop roots, that I saw root nodules bust out practically through the entire lenghth of the thing.
The root nodules that were in the water turned to roots, the ones in the air stayed eager but didn't develop.

This image is right after transplant from water in the last image into the bucket of dirt.
>>
hmm.. wondering about baron, zinc, phosphate
>>
>>2134570
It is really compact in the bucket of dirt image. It gettin' enough water? they're thirsty plants
>>
>>2133277
>>2133286
can't you just leave others alone?
>>
>>2134581
Hater be hopeless..
>>
File: 9.jpg (298 KB, 766x930)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>2134580
About last image, I transplanted it while the forecast for a couple of days was going to be rain. So the roots would have some time to grow in the dirt medium.
Then pic related after like 3-4 days of rain and root growth, I put it out in the stun for a bit, keeping an eye on it every 10 min to see how the leaves are handling it. This gives me some idea of the root development below.
Sure enough the root development wasn't even close to being able to handle the intense sun here so I had to pull it back in the shade after like 10-20min.

>It is really compact in the bucket of dirt image.
Are you asking if I padded in the dirt around the plant? Or if the dirt is too compact for the sweet potato that like relatively loose soil?
>It gettin' enough water? they're thirsty plants
I have no idea, I generally water it based on gut feel. Early couple of days I kept it well watered because it was used to growing in water. I generally watered until the bottom of the bucket started to spill out some water from the holes I made in it.
I don't have any concrete watering time. I just take a look at how heavy the bucket is in my hand, how firm, stiff, and up right the plant leaves are and how hot the weather has been, is currently and how long it's been since I last watered it.
If it's not sunny and the plant leaves are firm I don't water as I want it to spread its roots all over the bucket in search of water.
If it's a sunny day I will check the conditions mentioned above to know if I should add water today or not.
>>
>>2133545
It could be thrips.
>>
File: 10.jpg (203 KB, 767x809)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>2134592
I would put it out very early or much later in the day into direct sunlight where the sunlight wasn't as intense. During the day, if I had time while doing other things, I would pull it out of the shade into the sun for 10-20min, then back in the shade.
Wanted to encourage as much growth as fast as possible without killing it, so as soon as the leaves started to get a bit droopy, I would pull it back in the shade, while it they were nice and firm I would keep them out longer.

Through the entire transplant process from water to dirt, I only lost 1 leaf. Bottom left in image 9. It just got yellow and droppy and stayed that way onward no matter how much rest it got. Other leaves dropped but recovered better and greener than ever after the sun exposure.

As you can see it's growing stronger.
>>
Anyone home
>>
>>2134628
yes
>>
>>2134629
Siting on my lawn taking care of my plants on the porch how awesome is it to have a glowing plant as a door piece can show pic i live in legal state an its morning
>>
>>2134630
Sorry uxbuntu is being retarded again
>>
>>2134630
Tranquil, is it not?
>>
>>2134633
sun needs to come out
I like letting it wake up a bit on my porch
They stick out every witch way
>>
Its real dim
>>
File: 2021-06-10-061537.jpg (69 KB, 640x480)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
yes i live in the hood no do not Oder me pizza factory >>2134633
>>
>>2134644
Will a gun help?
>>
File: IMG_20210528_172235.jpg (3.95 MB, 4128x3096)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB JPG
pics or didnt happen
>>
>>2133545
Just had a bout with that myself.
Its cold stress. I had it pop up on my juvenile plants after the night temps dipped below 40F earlier in the season.
>>
File: 2021-06-10-062621.jpg (91 KB, 640x480)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
How do you conceive someone without a green thumb no lifeforms will grow i this im serrious
>>
>>2134650
Pics of what? im not just blively walking the streets with my laptop taking pictures of people
>>
>>2134402
Not that anon, but do you mind giving an overview of your operation? Stuff like the scale of it, what you feed them, and if you have any goals other than meat in your breeding program.
>>
>>2134650
>Guy with 1060gtx from the east part of Germany says
>>
>>2134660
*west
>>
I heard you're supposed to move chilis to progressively bigger pots before their final big boy one. Is this really necessary or can you just move them from the small pot they germinated in, to the big one straight away?
>>
>>2134667
Try using small fabric pop the seeds. Use a grow light ,(The most fun part is cutting the fabric) They are white translucent small pots i recommend folding the top over on itself. they are quite ingenious pots sold at grow stores try not to over water at spray with a water bottle works like a charm. This works for trees ;)
>>
>>2134652
because it has no organic matter, doesn't retain water, and probably has no nutrients easily available.
this is why compost exists
>>
>>2134644
if you live in the hood keep that plant in a safe place so nobody gets any funny ideas
>>
>>2134679
Yeah i know morning time plus the plant is huge no one is getting away with that thing. if they get any funny ideas they get a lead pill
>>
File: 20210609_185954.jpg (4.25 MB, 4032x3024)
4.25 MB
4.25 MB JPG
So, I have a predicament. I have two 5.5ft tall amish paste tomatoes that have a total of 1 fruit on them. My part of Texas got 20 inches of rain since the start of May. Should I just pull them and try something else (I have some cherry toms for hot weather) or should I see if they will maybe set some fruit in hot weather. Every bloom fell off due to rain stress and now it is starting to get fucking hot.
>>
>>2134679
Barley anyone around so peacefull
>>
>>2134288
I bought It for cheap in gheto shops. I think It was 20 bolsonaros. It would né something like 5 bidens
>>
>>2134679
Only a complete retard would steal the grower. You need to be a special kind of idiotic
>>
>>2134531
Depends on how strong your sun is, when they become crunchy they're ready, the result is not soluble anyway even if you grind it to a powder, I guess you just mix it into the soil and let the symbiotic fungi/worms break it down
I wouldn't worry about the pH
>>
homies my habaneros are not poppin AT ALL wtf are they missing
they've barely grown an inch in a whole month(from seed) and now the leaves are turning white
>>
>>2134730
Maybe poor soil, poor temp, poor light...
idk
>>
File: 1618759956235.jpg (242 KB, 1280x720)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>2134657
I have a small-scale setup, but I've read books on the topic to know how larger rabbitries operate. A meat rabbitry has at least 50 breeding does in order to provide the scale necessary for profitability. One of the reasons for this is to have pelleted feed, the primary food source for meat rabbitries, delivered by the truckload instead of in consumer-oriented bags.

You can supplement with Alfalfa hay to supplement growth, gestation, lactation abilities, or digestive health. Timothy hay or other types of 'drier' grasses are for correcting gastro-intestinal issues that may come from feeding a diet that is causing bloat, and as a form of recreation for your rabbits. Quonset-style cages placed next to each other provides a way to simply drop hay on top of cages to make it accessible to the occupants.

Many commercial rabbitries keep 1 male for every 20 to 30 does in order maximize his productivity in producing kits for meat. On a smaller scale operation, you'd want to round up to ensure you have a few healthy males lying around. The goals of a meat-breeding program usually revolve around rapid growth. Studies suggest that many other desirable characteristics such as feed efficiency are linked to this trait. Otherwise, you want good conformation to the breed standard, animals free of obvious genetic defects, and an important one is no sore hocks, which is also linked to a specific paw pad trait that is genetically avoidable. Eugenics are a very important part of operating a rabbitry, and that involves keeping extensive breeding records. Usually the solution is more culling.
>>
>>2134592
>>2134612
Should be good. Keep us updated
>>2134652
time to learn how to use raised beds
>>
File: 11.jpg (144 KB, 758x744)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>2134758
Pic 10 is where I started giving it full days of sunlight as the roots developed enough to keep it strong even in intense sun.
This is like 2-4 days later
>>
File: 13.jpg (114 KB, 831x827)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>2134760
Lastly pic related and
this >>2134362
is taken on the same day and is the current status of the sweet potato.

The intense sun is no longer a threat but now it's attracting pests that like to eat away at the leaves.
Fuckers ruining my pristine leaves.
The ladybugs can't come here fast enough!

By the way does anybody know why there is some sticky substance at the base of each leaf? Where the stem ends and the leaf starts. Is it some kind of natural insect sticky paper? Or what?
>>
>>2134770
the sticky stuff is either thrip, aphid, or spider mite excrement or some bug of that variety. Soapy water will wash it off.
>>
File: sticky stuff.jpg (106 KB, 807x458)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>2134773
Why would it be only on the base of the leaves, heck it's not even on the leaves its on the tip of the stem that is connected to the leaf.
I think I only see it on new growth as well, the more mature leaves don't seem t have it.
>>
>>2134773
god I hate thrips like you won't believe!
>>
>>2133273
oh, Christ if you don't know how to copy paste the op and change a couple numbers don't be op
>>
File: IMG_20210610_080949.jpg (3.1 MB, 3952x1872)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB JPG
This makes it all worth while.
>>
>>2134789
because they just started infesting it and the tip of the stem where it becomes the leaf is where they start. If not treated they'll coat the whole plant
>>
>>2134684
maybe try hand pollinating them.
>>
File: IMG_20210610_165010.jpg (586 KB, 1920x1080)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
check out my private lands ruccola/dandelion
>>
File: IMG_20210521_153320.jpg (4.69 MB, 4128x3096)
4.69 MB
4.69 MB JPG
>>2133294
no
>>
honeys hello zis is my garden
>>
>>
File: PXL_20210610_154245868~2.jpg (998 KB, 3816x2606)
998 KB
998 KB JPG
pebber
>>
>>2134886
i planted about 200 scavenged seeds
mix in coco coir, place in sunny place and add water once
>>
1kg 5bucks = 10000 square meters worth of seeds
>>
File: file.png (2.49 MB, 1377x1353)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB PNG
i niggered a nut that dropped from one of those midget palm tree bushes, do i sow the entire thing or do i crack it open?

also I have lemon juice to lower soil PH, what the fuck do i use the make it more basic? Do i pop an Alka-Seltzer in some water in soil that needs it?
>>
>>2134922
Is that you, space?
>>
>>2134930
maybe
>>
>>2134922
Do what they do w/ coconuts since it dropped from a palm. Plant it half way in hydrated media, give it light
>>
>>2134974
Do i crack it open first?
there's something rattling in there
>>
File: file.png (2.41 MB, 780x1040)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB PNG
why is my sunflower sad?
one of the leafs is turning a big black
>>
>>2134285
>I have to check daily to see how dry the soil is otherwise they get cooked here.
fucking this. I live in the desert, got a drip system that goes daily on half of my plants
>>
Is pruning a meme? Why should I prune my zucchini and cucumber plants if the foliage don't have any disease?
>>
>>2134422
his image is just showing where most sweet potatoes are grown;

Central America, South America, middle of Africa, and around south China/Vietnam/Indonesia

Some in US as well, but just on the east coast around Virginia/west Virginia it seems
>>
>>2134975
idk about that. I know w/ coconuts you just stick em' in a pot or right in the ground. I was shooting from the hip pretty much. Do you know what variety of palm?
>>2134991
don't prune those unless diseased. Pruning is for other plants.
>>
>bought new shovel and hose
>bought giant sunflower, giant spinach and cayenne pepper seeds, all which I never planted
the consumerism that's relaxing is the one that will help you get fun and memorable experiences
>>
>>2134570
>>2134563
bros i just put my potato in a 5gal bucket but i left the tuber on, am i fucked?
>>
File: file.png (2.74 MB, 800x1200)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
>>2135004
it looked like this but the top was flat and had a bunch of those nuts on it
>>
Hows the agricultural life going for you boyz? Any fruits of interest?
>>
>>2134730
show pic.

im a fucking retard, but im sure theres an autist on here that can help
>>
>>2134880
hold up did you take your phone camera to your plants, but instead of taking a picture, you just screenshot your screen lmao?
>>
>>2135006
earth those babies!
>>
>>2133446
>>2133493
>>2133511
>>2133545
>>2134684
you won't have problems with diseases/pests if you just plant good tomato varieties and put fine eggshells
cherry is really strong but won't give you huge mass of tomatoes
plum tomato is strong and gives huge mass of tomatoes but it tastes like shit to me
>>
>>2134197
What trees are you looking for? Ive ordered trees from bay laurel nursery, grow organic, and four winds growers. All shipped a healthy plants but bay laurel nursery and grow organic were both bareroot. Four winds growers sells citrus trees and they were good plants except one (which was my mistake for ordering on a Thursday in summer). The plant arrived very heat stressed and i had to nurse it back to health.
>>
>>2135062
I think his point was that he took a screenshot of an error message saying he couldn't take a picture because his storage was full, thus proving that it at least had room to store the screenshot.
>>
File: peppersfucked.jpg (883 KB, 2368x1648)
883 KB
883 KB JPG
Guys, wtf is wrong with my peppers plants
>>
>>2134991
Prune zuchinni and other squash to increase visibility of flowers for your pollinators.
>>
>>2133330
the word you're looking for is paprika
>>
>>2135088
I'm no expert but I think there might be a problem with the leafies.
>>
>>2135017
That's a sago palm. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/sago-palm/sago-palm-seed-germination.htm
>>
Redpill me on miraclegro performance organics and how it compares to other mass-produced, big box, retail fertilizers and then shit I can make out of dead things in my yard on the cheap.
>>
>>2135088
is that a lowed leaf or a top leaf?
>>
>>2135182
lower leaf, plz halp
>>
File: nigger35.png (1.57 MB, 1000x1090)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>2133273
>/HMG/ Homegrowmengenreal
>>
>>2135008
>bros i just put my potato in a 5gal bucket but i left the tuber on, am i fucked?
Supposedly, yes you fucked up.
When you just throw in a sweet potato into the ground you grow slips.
If you remove slips from the original sweet potato it grows new sweet potatoes.
I imagine if your sweet potato reshoots into the ground somwhere else from the vine it might start to grow sweet potatoes.

You could experiment and see if keeping the tuber does in fact prevent it from making new tubers or not.
If you don't care about tuber harvest.
>>
File: 1.jpg (453 KB, 1175x881)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
Here's my garden so far this season.
>>
File: 2.jpg (455 KB, 1175x881)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
>>2135230
>>
File: 3.jpg (490 KB, 1175x881)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>2135231
>>
File: 4.jpg (459 KB, 1175x881)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>2135232
>>
File: 5.jpg (431 KB, 1175x881)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>2135233
>>
>>2135230
>>2135231
>>2135232
>>2135233
>>2135234
Can you list the things you are growing?
>>
>>2135239
Zucchini
Habenero
Jalapeno
Snow peas
String bean
Kale
Basil
Roma tomatoes
Bottle gourd
Radishes (already harvested)
Dill
Sage
Moonflowers
>>
>>2134799
https://youtu.be/d6lbZWC2W30?t=30
>after application the nematodes actively search for their pray and penetrate them via mouth, anus or respiratory openings
Just like my japanese porn
>>
>>2133273
I finally found some seeds that I lost a while ago so decided to try planting them in pots anyway. Do you guys think this late in, I'll get anything from them before it gets too cold? They are Summer quash and Honeydew Melon
>>
>>2135265
Whats your first frost date
>>
File: garden1.jpg (3.64 MB, 2672x2004)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB JPG
>>2135230
>>2135231
>>2135232
>>2135233
>>2135234
Impressive. Very nice.

10 days to Summer. Here's mine. Half the stuff here is my mom's, actually. Mine are the the tomatoes and peppers in that middle square, as well as cucumbers behind them. Growing some soil-builder oats and beans in the pot to rejuvenate the soil for later use.

Rest of the stuff you see is perilla, chives, green onions, melons, zucchinis (in the corner), watercress (opposite side), and some mystery tomatoes which came from who-knows-where, presumably cherry. Seriously, neither of us planted them and they just popped up in various places. Spooky.
>>
File: garden2.jpg (3.62 MB, 2672x2004)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB JPG
>>2135332
Some better angles here.
>>
File: garden3.jpg (3.24 MB, 2672x2004)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
>>2135333
All in all (mostly) everything growing this year is doing spectacularly well. Pests have been to a real minimum and no disease to be found (yet). Minus the spotty germination rate earlier this spring, the established plants are growing vigorously and healthily. All that's left now is for them to fruit.
>>
File: garden4.jpg (3.08 MB, 2672x2004)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB JPG
>>2135334
Here are my marshmallow herbs, likewise doing very well...
>>
File: garden5.jpg (3.44 MB, 3006x4008)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
>>2135335
And my cherry tree, which is also doing much better than I'd hoped. Few weeks ago I noticed the edges and tips of the leaves browning and drying up as the daily temperatures rose, so increased my watering frequency. Also noticed several leaves turning yellow and dropping, which scared me at first, but I've realized since last week that it's just simply old growth dropping off as new branches and leaves are coming out once more. It seemed to halt growth for about 2 weeks, so I guess it was just consolidating or something.

In any case, VERY happy with my cherry baby.
>>
>>2134886
Bebber :—DDDDDDD

>>2134893
Oh fuck I’m going to BROADCOOST
Ahhhhhh I’m broadcoosting!
>>
>>2134922
You WHAT?

>>2135219
Fuck off, just because you’re a fat fuck doesn’t mean we should be
>>
>>2135340
I extracted a resource without explicit permission but I'm not that much a bad girl because this one had fallen onto the side walk
>>
>>2135346
Oh, I see
>Niggered=Stole
For a second I thought you were saying that you raped and beat it up lol
>>
I have about 10-12 dill plants in one container.
I want to keep some for harvest and some to go into flowering to attract ladybugs to eat some of the pests in my plants.
How many of them should I let to flower out of the 10-12?
>>
https://streamable.com/ngnyq3
>>
>>2135302
What if he doesn't get any snow?
>>
>>2135388
They'll stop growing w/ the change in daylight and should be harvested for replanting the following spring. Sweet potatoes left in the ground over "winter" sprout weakly the following year and the vines are less likely to set new tubers.
>>
>>2135177
npk mineral and trace
>>
So I'm over here trying to do "advanced gardening" by making more spinosad and bt out of what I have. I've done microbes before with phoenix oysters and shiitake 75 from scratch, but not in the sense of aerobic fermentation.
>https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/Spinosad%20report%202002.pdf
I found this file containing a vague overview of Sacharropolyspora spinosa fermentation and I wonder if compost tea aeration would suffice. I will study further though.
There is a mention of a "chemical-mutation" in the spinosads A and D that are produced and I'm wondering if the organicide is the product of patented genetics or if there is an environmental stressor that's an industry secret.
Do any anons have experience they're willing to share w/ this one?
>>
>>2135229
Alrighty man, for the prospect of science il keep the tuber on. mostly because my potato was mostly rootbound in my container
>>
>>2135302
We might get some by late October but, even then it's not overly common
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (2.12 MB, 2367x4208)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
My raised bed is finally having a nice assortment of smol dudes.
I'm happy!
>>
My strawberry plants are small and the dirt level is too low to give maximum growth through out summer and I found out they don't like to be buried below a certain point so my original plan of adding dirt on top like I do with everything is out the window.
How damaging would it be to them if I cut out squares around them and replanted them into the same contained on a higher level and more dirt?
>>
My sweet potatoes new leaves are coming out patchy and have holes in them almost as if somebody ate some holes into them but I can't find any pests for it.
Number of holes isn't much, like 1-3 per leaf. It also looks a bit chewed up, where the leaf is damaged and not prestine, but it's not bad enough to make a hole.
Is it just some pest that ate away at the leaves and then fucked off?
>>
>>2135230
>>2135231
>>2135232
>>2135233
They do be getting big
>>
File: IMG_20210611_133657.jpg (1.06 MB, 2106x2106)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
ok here he is, the habanero who came out of the ground quite nicely and has now been refusing to grow for about 2 weeks
>>
>>2135577
based on the leaves it got toasty at one point, so it's likely developing roots to support leaf growth.
also nitrogen?
>>
>>2135358
how do you induce flowering?
>>
nooooo stop having a garden no!
>>
File: IMG_20210515_175234_1.jpg (1.4 MB, 2448x3264)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>2135579
Stress. Works every time. You can try puttingg them in darkness for a day at high or low temperatures. After that they just want their dna to get passed on bud and theyll expend their resources>
>aphids can also do the trick if theyre eating it alive
>>
Have you seen a glowing janitor going through?
>>
>>2135579
Dunno, I have high heat and sun over here. The dill is like 7i inches long and already ready to spread it's seed lol
That doesn't answer my question though.
>>
>>2135584
hey those are strawberries! answer my questions anon >>2135523
>>
Got a bunch of rain last night and today. Glad I got my next batch of beans planted before the ground got soaked.

Nice I won't have to water the lawn for another week and a half.
>>
Started growing some vegetable 2 years ago in my tiny townhouse garden. I've just figured out that things don't grow well because my soil is mostly clay and I need to amended it. Takes forever to learn man!
>>
>>2135658
theres always something to be learned wether you're growing plants for 2 or 40 years
might be worth considering to buy some good soil from a nearby greenwaste site or something
>>
Oops, I was causing some flooding in the back yard. Added a few blocks at the end of the yard last year to keep a puppy from squeezing under the fence and that restricted the water flow too much. Drained out one I pulled the blocks.
>>
File: IMG_20210611_085427.jpg (3.79 MB, 3952x1872)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB JPG
This is the first year I tried growing tomatoes on these cattle panels and I have noticed it's easier for the birds to get in there and carefully look around for bugs.
>>
》hmg
God you newfaggots are retarded
>>
>>2133520
What are other flow type plants?
>>
>>2133710
No it's not a meme but there are people who do permaculture who are
>>
>>2133814
Based ever gotten into an ant pile by qcident
>>
>>2135736
kek
>>
>>2133847
What have you done with the plants that can stand it?what have you done to the plants that can't take it
>>
>>2135746
The plants that can take it are dwarf fruit trees and established perennials. Sunflowers are doing well, every tomato vine is up to watering twice a day, which has improved their development, once in the morn and once in the evening. everything else I've started this year is getting cooked in full sun or barely surviving it until the partial shade from some oaks creeps up. The peppers won't even grow right, and I have several varieties every year. It's weird.
>>
>>2135749
>>2135746
Oh and waltham brocolli. Shit's tough dgaf about the heat, still getting heads off em'
>>
File: tomatoooo.jpg (409 KB, 1200x1600)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
First year growing tomatoes. Some of them have this king of patterning on the lower leaves. Is it over or under fertilizing, or do older leaves just become like that over time? Upper leaves are fine and the plants are producing lots of flowers.
>>
File: 20210611_124731.jpg (884 KB, 2048x1536)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
Rate garden plox
>>
>>2134652
Grow in what the bed?the ground ?the tractor?
>>
>>2135752
The lower leaves eventually die off.
>>
>>2135761
Not particularly good looking
Also
>that Ailanthus altissima sapling in the back
>>
>>2135213
My lower/older leaves get like this when they go through a cold spell. Prune button leaves. Fertilize and wait a bit to see if anything else shows up.
>>
>>2135795
I guess it happens earlier than i thought. They have only been in the ground for a month. They are now about 1 meter tall and the third set of flowers has started developing but have not opened yet.
>>
File: IMG_20210611_205030-01.jpg (3.13 MB, 2169x3119)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
>>2135809
This is what they look like now. The small spots are just some pine pollen because there was a lot of it in the air a week ago.
>>
File: bIMG_5805.jpg (650 KB, 1459x1094)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
Fabric pots are well watered now. I do wonder if there could be any harmful runoff from up grade. Weed & Feed fertilizer combos were banned years ago so probably less to worry about.
>>
>>2135521
Did you fall for the "carrots love tomatoes" meme?
>>
File: 1623373828268.png (646 KB, 932x517)
646 KB
646 KB PNG
>>2135340
>>
>>2135799
are you sure that's what it is?
>>
>>2135833
why herbs?
>>
>>2135865
I think it's sage.
>>
>>2135888
looks like oregano to me
>>
>>2135888
>>2135894
both are present
>>
File: IMG_20210611_142429.jpg (673 KB, 1008x756)
673 KB
673 KB JPG
Baby potatoes playing peek-a-boo
>>
>>2135219
the virgin spice gardener vs the CHAZ urbanite ?
>>
File: 20210611_175630.jpg (2.14 MB, 4032x1960)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
Why is she sad bros
>>
>>2135734
flower type. Having different plants that flower and look pretty actually serve the purpose of attracting beneficial bugs to your garden.

>>2136064
Plants are soft/witlted/sad/droopy when their structure is not full of water to keep it up right.
This can be due to many reasons.
Weak roots/not established roots which can't pull enough water from the ground for the plant in it's current climate.
Chemical imbalance, such as lack of potassium which is responsible among many things, for water regulation.
Shit like too much salt in your water/soil, which makes leeching water into the roots harder or in worse enough cases it works in the opposite of desired way.

So it can be many things. Does it look like that even if it's been in the shade for a day?
Or is this from pulling it out of the sun?
>>
Anyone have a better system for rain water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHQmvjF89pE
>>
>>2135333
you could grow twice as many peppers in the same area. they dont need a lot of water and I hear they do better when they're more dense (john kolher)
>>
>>2136064
Too much water
>>
>>2136216
The proximity thing depends on locality. If the peppers are being grown in humidity, they'll get fungus quickly
>>
>>2135578
Would you add phosphate to support root development then? Am different anon
>>
>>2136077
>>2136220
Usually it sits under a shaded porch with 100 degree area all day. I water it daily with the 13 other plants, because shit dries quick here. Im checking now at 2am and it looks just as bad, didnt straighten out with water
>>
>>2136335
Just so you know you should give it water when it needs it, not always.
If you overwater it, then roots can die and it wont be able to get water because roots are dead.
The final result is: Not enough water in the leaves.
But that can be cause from chemical malfunction due to deficiencies or over saturation of elements.
it can be too little water to absorb or too much water that kills off roots.

What plant even is it, some plants aren't built to handle 100deg temps.
Another thing is how long ago did you plant it into that?
>>
>>2136064
Learn to lift your plant pots, anon. Being able to tell the difference in weight between an adequately watered plant and a plant that needs watering is indispensable.
I agree with the other anons. That plant looks overwatered.
>>
I have some free space in my greenhouse that is shaded until afternoon. What could i plant there next to my tomatoes? Preferably something that should be grown in a greenhouse in a northern climate.
>>
New thread: >>2136435
>>2136435
>>2136435
>>
>>2134174
how the fuck do i ungrow them? my whole lawn is chives and flowers
>>
>>2136479
I imagine eating them would help
>>
>>2134581
no
>>
File: glitched.png (2.9 MB, 2048x2048)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB PNG
Describe a plant that does not exist
>>
Here is the trick to grow everything with no effort, FROM SEED
>>2134174
>>1
>>2
>>3
Buy a pack of coco coir and get it wet and let it stand for an hour
Empty most of the bag and dump your seeds into whats still in the plastic coco coir bag.
Now you "reseal" and put under the biggest strongest baddest lightsource you can find.
Turn over once after 4 days or whatever to check whats happening.
>Empty over suitable soil, dump coco coir over it again and water

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.