[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1618636551395.jpg (120 KB, 1024x576)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
This thread is for discussing the science, philosophy, and politics of environmentalism and ecology.

Humanities relationship with nature, global warming, soil conservation, the anthropocene, the re-wilding movement, ecosystem fragmentation. Etc.

What are you're thoughts annon? We'd really love to know.
>>
>>2119902
Rudolf steiner is pretty interesting
>>
>>2119902
Boomers have already ruined this planet, the only thing left is salvage. It will never be pure again.
>>
File: 1618759952347.gif (204 KB, 500x375)
204 KB
204 KB GIF
>>2119946
Don't fool yourself annon, we are continuing thier handy work. We're not so different from them.
I think that's why the future of the planet is in the re-wilding movement, and fitting as many pieces into the human landscape as possible. Some re-wilding campaigns have been very successful, and theres an increasing competency in designing the human landscape for wildlife. All is not lost, though it will never be the same either.
>>
>>2119946
It was ruined before boomers, boomers continued the destruction, and so do you
>>
>>2119966
Every square inch of the planet is contaminated with PCBs, there is no soil or water left untainted. The air contains measurable radionuclides from atomic testing so great that precision instruments must be manufactured from pre-nuke scrap, the air used in steel production so radioactive new steel is infused with it. Microplastics from vinyl and polyester clothing contaminates every drop of water on this planet, and hormones unfiltered leech into every drinking water source in the developed world because people are too stupid to just wear condoms and have to take pills to not get pregnant. We're all poisoned, pretending that growing some designer flower or seeing a deer waiting to die from CWD is "nature" like a Chinaman looking at a billboard of the sky in a smog choked Beijing. This planet is ruined, the damage is done. You can't unsalt this earth after what was done to it in the last century, the century of disaster and ruin.
>>
>>2119974
I try not to think about this.
I am also of the general opinion that nothing can be done, we can do trivial things to bring back some things. Though we will never, ever, return to a natural state
>>
File: 1577121841423.jpg (126 KB, 400x728)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
What level are you on /out/?
>>
>>2119983
Hip deep if it implies eco-fascism
>>
File: 1619094824057.jpg (51 KB, 680x870)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2119974
Guess it sounds like you have resigned yourself to just giving up then.
For me, I think there is still nature, I am aware that everything has the touch of humanity at this point but I just don't see it as black and white as that.

It's an uphill battle, but the white pill is looking at just how much environmental sciences have illuminated in the past 2 decades alone, and seeing that for the first time in human history, the idea that environment should be protected for its own sake, and the idea of self-restraint for the sake of protecting the environment has become a mainstream ideal (even if it isn't quite there in practice yet). Human will has moved mountains in the past and we are making headway into unprecedented waters.
>>
>>2120020
Environmental science is ruining nature. It's basically a way to extract trillions of $ from the middle class in exchange for trillions of pounds of industrial waste called solar panels, windmills, Priuses and batteries to be thrown in landfills

It's similar to this ventilator scam Trump pulled on us to enrich his Jew masters
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/04/19/why-are-new-ventilators-being-trashed-in-a-miami-dade-landfill/
>>
>>2120037
A lot of normies dont even fall for the windmill/solar meme anymore which is neat.
I think hes referring to just general wild life conservation not "renewable" resources
>>
>>2120037
Panels are great. I got four 2' × 6' panels on my roof, they produce more than enough energy to power my 2300 square foot house. I live in WA, so not much sun most of the time.
>>
>>2120044
>I think hes referring to just general wild life conservation not "renewable" resources
this, "renewal energy" and "carbon" debate is /pol/shit and a red herring

the real problem is poisoning of the water supply and habitat fragmentation
>>
File: tard.jpg (170 KB, 962x721)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>2120058
Yeah i wouldn't worry about it.
Just a red herring.
>>
>>2120058
Is importing a billion Africans into the west a pol bogeyman or does that magically fix the environment
>>
>>2119974
good post
>>
>>2120037
If you think that "green tech" and environmental sciences are the same thing you are out of you element.

But I do agree that green tech is a big gay distraction from the real environmental issues as well as a superficial balm for people's environmental concerns. The whole global warming conversation has largely been a disaster for environmentalism, regardless of whether or not it's a real issue.
>>
>>2120063
human liberation is earth liberation
>>
Humans will die off eventually, the earth will remember us as a blip on the radar. Life will adapt to break down the high energy polymer chains we left behind.
>>
>>2119902
Are we in the Anthropocene? Id say yes since nuke testing and moving material for roads etc should be enough to count towards a geological force equal to what nature has to offer.
>>
>>2120115
Opinion on when the anthropocene began? My vote is the human advent of agriculture. Imo putting the anthropocene at the nuclear age is already deep into the era.
>>
We're all cruel angels
>>
>>2119983
Where is "nature is so robust that even if we fucked the planet air tight it would still find a way to bounce back when we finally send our stupid asses off to oblivion"?
Not that i'm okay with dumping methyl mercury into the ocean or suffocating baby seals with Styrofoam for their oil or whatever dumbass shit we are currently doing but nature will find a way to put up with it

at least that's how I cope with how fuck fuckity fuck fucked we are and how out of our control it is
>>
>>2120206
It's literally not your problem and even if it was you couldn't do anything your sperging out is exactly what the globalists want you to do so you don't fight them
>>
>>2119983
I'm right about at Radically deep
>>
>>2120237
"its not my problem" is literally the mentality that got us deeper and deeper into this hole
>>
>>2120422
This.
That guys part of the problem and he doesn't even know it.
>>
>>2119902
There needs to be a globaly enforced limit on the amount of energy an individual can consume per day including food materials fuel and the like. Nwo bring it on. Nobody is exempt and everyone needs to garden and shit in a composting toilet. Punishment is death or slavery in the desalination factory depending on how hard you violated the rule . capitalism outlawed , communism also outlawed. Eco facism is the way 2 go. Don’t argue with me you know it’s true
>>
>>2120091
Ahahahahahaha. Daily reminder that communists (and capitalists) don’t have a place in an ecologically focused society.

>>2122171
You’re the sedition of a person that speaks about something that they don’t understand. An eco-fascist society would not evenly distribute resources like some shitty tree hippie version of the Soviet Union. An Eco-Fascist Soviet would wage war on countries like Brazil and China for committing terrorism and would seek to either end the continued development of or completely kill off developing countries. Immigration would be completely curtailed, and economic activity that can’t be conducted in a sustainable way would be heavily taxed until it’s sustainable.
>>
>>2119983
Hip deep is the last one I agree with. No one and nothing has a "right" to exist. Not even me or you.
>>
File: 1621303785139.jpg (329 KB, 1371x1023)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>2119974
People in the future are so fucked. I'm glad to have been born in the last generation
Now, just to sit back and laugh
>>
>>2122198
>I'm glad to have been born in the last generation
I didn't realize toddlers knew how to use the internet
>>
>>2122198
Lmao you college retards will believe anything including that Bruce Jenner is a woman hey look at this satellite image from 1851 its totally not fake the science is settled
>>
>>2122230

it literally says SIMULATED image you vagina dessicating turd
>>
>>2122267
I think you missed the point. How much do you want to bet that the people who made that SIMULATED image are climate change alarmists?
>>
File: 1612309777295.jpg (2.86 MB, 2751x2076)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
Anyone else think that global warming has been a terrible distraction?

>narrative is easily controled by politicians and special interest groups.
>nebulous and hard to quantify
>goals only possible through impossible global unity
>puts burden on general populous and away from pillaging corporations
>totally hijacks environmentalist focus away from easily quantifiable and observable regional focus in favour of nebulous global objectives.
>easily bandwagoned by corporations. Extremely convoluted "green" products with good optics but negligible benefit
>no one abusing or riding the trend will ever be held accountable because non-binding promises amongst millions of moving part means 0 real individual accountability for results.

Honestly part of me thinks that as soon as the full extent of the environmentalist policies of the Nixon era were understood some shadowy figures started discussing how they could get a handle on environmentalist narrative.
Not that global warming is fake, but it's like we're tending to the temperature in a greenhouse while a bunch of people are ripping out all the plants inside it.
>>
>>2122278

did you get daddy to type this for you lol learn to read
>>
>>2122286
Why did you even bother to respond? What at stupid fucking post. kys.
>>
>>2119983
One of the primary reasons i have embraced anarchy is because the sooner worldwide society eats itself the sooner the planet can take a minute to fucking breathe and let the innawoods back to nature types slowly heal what little damage they can.
>>
>>2122283
No shit sherlock. The point of global warming is to make money at the expense of the average person. I figured that out when I was like 10. If any of these politicians or environiggers actually gave two shits about the environment they would cease immigration entirely, stop giving aid to the third world, and most importantly implement high import tariffs that target third world shitholes like China that do most of the polluting. Instead they do the exact opposite of all that.
>>
>>2122287

lmao imagine being this mad about illiteracy
>>
>>2122300
The only illiterate one here is you.
>>
>>2122301

lol good one ask daddy for some big boy zingers
>>
>>2122290
This this this. It should’ve been obvious to everyone that the elites don’t give a fuck about global warming the moment Trump implemented tariffs against China and everyone left right and center bitched about it. If Democrats gave a fuck about global warming then they would’ve put tariffs on Chinese goods when Obama was in office instead of making “climate deals” with China where they wouldn’t need to start reducing green house gas emissions until 2030.
>>
>>2119974
PCB’s I wouldn’t worry about. At least not yet. The air is largely fucked, but not all air and not everywhere. Microplastics are a massive concern though, especially the micro-plastics in the Oceans, broken down plastic bottles and bags are turning the ocean cancerous. The estrogen thing is mostly a concern for people on wells, as apparently less than 1% percent of estrogen in normal water supplies comes from birth control, but a lot more of it comes from livestock. The planet is being ruined though, Chinas release of a massive amount of coal pollution in the arctic is causing massive destruction of icebergs, and recycling efforts are not nearly good enough. That being said, it is not hopeless, sometimes you just gotta keep living, just never trust anyone who cares more for industry than the world we stand on.
>>
>>2122290
You are the biggest fucking tard on the planet earth holy shit.
China has literally developed more advanced cities in the last couple decades than we have in the last 50 years. And who gave China the opportunity to make all that money? American fucking business men who sent all industry to South East asia because wages were lower and regulations non existent, the capitalist class fucked us ALL over without so much as warning us. I am not defending China, because this is absolutely their fault, but when the current world power practically throws you down a ladder to become the next world power, you are going to Climb. And its all because we make shit according to peoples wants and not needs for the sake of the bottom line.
>>
>>2122554
What does any of that have to do with my post? I'm explicitly blaming western multi-national corporations for outsourcing to China, not China themselves, although they fucking suck too.

>And its all because we make shit according to peoples wants and not needs for the sake of the bottom line.
The whole point of the marketing industry is to make people want what they don't need for profit you absolute brainlet. Consumer culture has nothing to do with needs.
>>
Read “The New Wild” by Fred Pearce for a good take on ecology. It came out around 2014 so it’s pre-Trump but still modern enough to be relevant. I ended up buying more of his books and books by the people he was referencing.
>>
>>2122554
>>2122650

Please don't /pol/ up the place and turn it into a Bug People General thanks
>>
>>2119902
Wild horses should be removed from all public land either by selling them all off at auction or slaughter. They destroy ecosystems and are only able to survive because government puts watering holes in the desert. Free graze cattle is bad enough but is a necessary evil, it feels like the federal government protected wild horses for profit or to appease some rich jackasses that breed horses.
>>
>>2122651
Wanna give us an overview of the book? Is it like "rambunctious garden' by Emma marris?
>>
>>2122655
>!I'm an enviroturd and I hate reality

You need to go back
>>
File: 1621128503682.jpg (118 KB, 1024x919)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>2120091
kill yourself
>>
>>2122198
>>
>>2122655
Environmentalism is at it's core /pol/itical matter. One man alone won't be able to do anything.
>>
File: Gibraltar mine tailings.jpg (239 KB, 900x1200)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>2119902
Idiots wanting a greener technologically advanced future also hate the idea we need to build massive mines to extract the raw resources needed to do it.
>>
College retards btfo by Ecologist Allan Savory

https://mobile.twitter.com/KarakeMark/status/1398643830161920006

https://savory.global/holistic-management/
>>
Ted kaczynski was right.
No I won't elaborate, it is what it is
>>
File: 1621309228670.png (33 KB, 688x750)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>2119983
I'm on the last part, mad Max will be happening, be happy for the 2025 water wars
>>
>>2123406
Teddy K isn't exactly an environmentalist, he was an anarchist in the very literal sense of the word
Him point was that the industrial revolution severely limited personal freedom and caused people to pursue surrogate activities for fulfilment in place of living an honest life in nature, where fulfilment meant you didn't die
>>
>>2122554
>China has developed more advanced cities in the last couple of decades…

You’ve clearly never been to China mate, their cities are fucking atrocious and aren’t “advanced” at all. What does that even fucking mean lmfao?

Western media hypes the Chinese because 1.5 billion gooks overtaking the US and the West as the dominant world power is scary and brings in ad revenue. To those who have actually been to China it’s painfully obvious that it’s still a developing country with a few areas that are extremely polished, but their living standards are far behind the US and most of Europe. They’re beating us in some places, but China is still decades away from being as scary as you like to pretend they are.
>>
>>2119983
profoundly, My last girlfriend and I broke up after I said I would never have childrens because humans need to die out, we didn't breakup instantly but she eventually took the position I'm some sort of sociopathic extremist
>>
>>2123445
Because you are.
>>
>>2123483
I'm not, I care deeply about people, animals and the planet - I could see how people would view me as an extremist though but I'm not a sociopath or anything of the sort
>>
>>2123507
>humans need to die out
>i care deeply about people

You sound schizo
>>
>>2123445
Top notch goyim
>>
>>2119974
You are right, but giving up is for weaklings. No matter how insurmountable the odds may be, giving up isn't an option.
>>
File: downloadfile-174.jpg (26 KB, 474x305)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>2123430
Not him, but I have been to China and it is very advanced in its key cities. Minor cities and rural areas do lag still but Shanghai for example is a glittering city-of-the-future and it got built virtually overnight.
Honestly, ragging on China feels like such an insecurity. You gotta give them credit, they've modernized insanely quickly.
>>
>>2123565
People who rag on China are morons, the Chinese don't tolerate feminism or castrate their children or destroy their citizens lives by worshipping the global warming cult.
>>
>>2123565
Of course I give them credit, they’re way better off than they were 40 years ago. However this idea that China is a modern utopia is farce and if you’ve been there then you should know how crappy things get away from the city centers. Shanghai was nice, but you travel away from the downtown and it’s back to poverty stricken gutter trash and borderline third world living conditions. The “advanced” cities of the world are places like Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong, not Shanghai or Beijing.
>>
>>2123574
Yellow hands types this.

Also y’all China worshippers should stay the fuck off of /out/, their society is an affront to this board. Well any society is but the Chinese one especially.
>>
>>2123592
The Chinese didn't import 200 million criminals of color into the USA to despoil nature my naive friend
>>
>>2123622
Lol go to China and tell me how well they’ve maintained their natural environment. And if you’re Chinese maybe you can’t see the horrible state your natural environment is in through that thick smog your people are constantly breathing in, but I saw it and it was repulsive.
>>
>>2120020
>the idea that environment should be protected for its own sake, and the idea of self-restraint for the sake of protecting the environment has become a mainstream ideal
What about the intellectual movement that the painting you are using represents? The Romantics thought that.
>>
File: 7.png (1.1 MB, 602x800)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
Cowspiracy is the biggest redpill out there on ecological destruction and environmentalism. It's a full length documentary but a shorter summary version is also available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjE8xw_-Dg
>>
>>2122198
>Tulare lake
What the fuck? Fresno used to be underwater? I was just there. Damn.
>>
>>2123544
If you can convince people that the correct choice is to not have children then you haven't created a negative experience for them, I don't believe in mass executions or sterilizing the population, it's not a contradiction.
>>2123556
So instead I should have a child that will spend its entire existence making the rich richer and contributing to the destruction of nature? aside from the lucky few or larpers to exist is to contribute to the destruction of nature and wildlife - I cannot think of a justification for forcing that reality upon another person
>>
>>2123632
China has colonies on every continent they are doing great
>>
>>2119974
>>2122283
When will we be able to fight these fuckers?
>>
>>2124251
Wow you really drank the globohomo kool aid and now that you are a miserable loser who hates himself you project that on the entire world. Why don't you kys you are just going to be miserable the rest of your days and it will only get worse seriously whats stopping you?
>>
>>2120126
The Anthropocene is thought to be a result of geological quantities of hydrocarbons being released into the atmosphere (among other things, plastics and pollutants too but that's since industrialization). I think agricultural revolution is maybe too early, but then again invasive species destabilizing niches could cause a bunch of ecological instability. I just don't think that would happen very fast, though.

I'd peg it at the iron age. By then we were migrating and networking enough for trade to occur in earnest, increasing instability. By then we were really starting to harness fire, which is really why we're in trouble right now; we burn too many things. I think this is when the ball began to drop with regards to industrialization.

Just speculating, though.
>>
>>2124251
>humans need to die out
>I don’t believe in the mass execution of people

You’re either schizophrenic or just dumb.
>>
>>2124360
Why do you say that, my college professor explained that the best way to get rid of people is to convince everyone that life is misery and therefore we shouldn't make babies that's the humane way to kill off all humans but we need to start with white people since they are all racists
>>
there's always this one faggot on here that defends "deep ecologists" from guys like Bookchin who criticise their weak standing, and because he's mean to Arne Naess. This anon thinks the environmental problems aren't political at all. Wherever he is, i hope you're having a shit day retard
>>
>>2124324
I'm not miserable?
>>2124360
>humans stop having children
>humans die out
>0 people executed
>>2124411
imagine being so posh you can go to college lmao
>>
>>2123354
>Savory was elected to theRhodesianParliament representing Matobo constituency in the1970 election. After resigning from theRhodesian Frontin protest over its racist policies and handling of the war, in 1973 Savory reformed the defunct Rhodesia Party formerly led by SirRoy Welensky. In June 1973, Savory publicly stated, "If I had been born a black Rhodesian, instead of a white Rhodesian, I would be your greatest terrorist."[25]Although he urged white Rhodesians to understand why he would feel this, the reaction to this statement led to Savory's ousting from the Rhodesia Party. In 1977, non-racist moderate white parties united in opposition toIan Smithin what was known as the National Unifying Force (NUF) led by Savory.[26]The NUF party won no seats in the 1977 election, and Savory relinquished leadership to Tim Gibbs, son of Rhodesia's last governor. Savory continued to fight Ian Smith and his policies, in particular opposing theInternal Settlementunder Bishop Abel Muzorewa.[27]In 1979, due to conflicts with the Smith government, Savory left Rhodesia and went into self-imposed exile to continue his scientific work.[25]

Cringe
>>
>>2119983
Wilderness has the right to exist for it's own sake. Humans are part of nature but we have tried to separate ourselves from the Earth Mother. This is what has caused our current problems.
>>
>>2120091
Are you talking about (((freedom))) or freedom?
>>
>>2124553
Is there a difference?
>>
>>2124557
In a healthy high trust homogenous society there is no need for (((freedom))) because no one has any desire to oppress each other, besides the occasional lunatic. That's what the government is for though, it would have the power it needs to enforce a simple assortment of actually necessary laws, protect the environment, regulate businesses, handle criminals, upkeep a military, things like that. Beyond that it would be kept in check by the citizens to ensure that it doesn't overstep it's bounds, and tyrannize innocent people. That's actual freedom.

Unfortunately now since like 99% of the population fall somewhere in the trap of identifying as some sort of authoritarian or libertarian, we're fucked. Lack of nuanced thinking causes our current situation.
>>
Have any anons read John Zerzan? What do you think of his work?
>>
>>2124484
No one is going to stop having children just because you’re incapable of tricking a bitch into making one for you.
>>
>>2123274
inaccurate, do some actual engineering
>>
>>2125876
Green tech requires using more fossil fuels and minerals and creates more pollution than just using coal or oil
>>
>>2122880
Hail! Fuck commies and leftists and shallow ecologists. There is only one Way forward.
Feed them to the trees.
>>
I really wish people would just get into native permaculture, and passive energy savings such as native shade trees, thicker walls, ect.

I hate people who think adding solar panels to their roof makes them an environmentalist when in reality they just paid some Peruvian child below poverty wages to rape our earth of its lithium in some Chinese ran mine that blasts emissions into the atmosphere and poisons the local water supply.

We should be locking down the waterways, and removing access to wells that deplete our natural aquifers while restoring our local ecology and grasslands.

None of this shit even costs much money compared to some big solar payout to a politicians buddy somewhere.
>>
>>2126173
>I really wish people would change their ways
You are going to be frustrated your entire life if you continue
>>
>>2125879
>more pollution
>than coal power
>more pollution than fucking coal
This is how I know you are a liar or just have no idea what the fuck your talking about. Coal is the Nigger of fuels
>>
>>2126173
Big improvements with minimal and widely available tech. But it's apparently easier to overhaul entire nations infrastructures than it is to force even moderate cultural change. It'll come but it literally happens one success story at a time.
>>
>>2128115
Wrong, you are just a brainwashed idiot
>>
>>2126173
>I hate people who think adding solar panels to their roof makes them an environmentalist when in reality they just paid some Peruvian child below poverty wages to rape our earth of its lithium in some Chinese ran mine that blasts emissions into the atmosphere and poisons the local water supply.
this is retarded hyperbole and hate is a waste of intellect.
>>
File: 1607063571190s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
idk maybe join an eco-t-----t cell? where can one even find a local cell in their area
>>
Any suggestions for where I can read up on any and all of the concepts covered in this thread? Not meming, I recently was given some time off and have nothing but time to garden, rest, and read for a little over a month. Websites? Books? Anything any anons trust as viable sources to learn more about all this?
>>
>>2128151
Thanks for replying to me on 4chan.
>>
>>2119902
Go back to >>>/an/
>>
>>2119943
Indeed; I went to a Steiner School (Waldorfschule) in Germany for a few years back in the day and it is a true joy to learn there and super cozy atmosphere there too, what with fun architecture to discover and a lot of practical, handy-craft and movement based classes along with the standard western curriculum - grand times!
Also, chickens and sometimes even goats hung out on campus - always good friends to young kiddoes.
>>
>>2120020
I agree, whilst acknowledging my continuous lapses into raging anger and nihilistic stillness in regards to the actions of this our species.

We have only just jumped out of the trees and put on suits, though, and there are many, many millions who care and act for the better of this fragile marble.

Let us all do the best we can.
>>
>>2122289
This.
>>
>>2124324
Why are you so triggered? He is right in not adding more humans to this planet. Doesn't mean everyone will do it, but fewer is always better, unless massive changes to the zeitgeist and moral landscape occur.
>>
>>2128263
I recommend Charles Dowding's youtube channel, grand insights into super simple and non-invasive gardening.

Go down the Earthship tunnel next.

Happy Discovering, Anon!
>>
>>2128253
extinction rebellion advocate for vandalism publicly and other such acts like disruption, tresspass etc. I'd imagine once you become a part it'd be fairly easy to know which ones are probably willing to do more
>>
>>2119902
Near me they are clearing a lot of ancient woodland. How do I stop them?
I'm moderately well informed on how to sabotage engines and machinery but would rather not do anything illegal.

For context:
- They're building a reservoir
- I'm in Britain, we already have fucking retardedly low levels of forest cover, like literally less than Sudan

On a positive note I saw a Black Redstart today, cute little bird, never seen one before.
>>
>>2119983
I'm at the "deeper" stage but I wouldn't go beyond that. I'd typically describe my views as eco-fascist in nature. Most of my beliefs tie in to the views of Linkola, Ted, Baden Powell and a few others whose names I forget.

I believe that compared to most humans wildlife is better, the average person I see in a typical city is contemptible in my eyes, I would legitimately prefer for them to be replaced with a badger, fox, red squirrel etc. I don't believe humans should be wiped out, but I believe our population density should be capped at 100/km^2.
>>
>>2128340
>Ancient woodland in Britain

Oh look another college retard tearing up the environment to virtue signal
>>
>>2128350
Couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Thanks for contributing nothing Anon :)
>>
>>2128350
Just a second point: I'm going to guess that you're American. You refer to it as "college" not university and you don't seem to realise that Ancient woodland is a classification in the UK referring to woodland from Pre-1600 "old growth".
>>
>>2128395
>hurrdurr ur contributing nothing like me me know how to destroy engine me save humanity like me told by Rothschild how do me stop goberment me a uni retard me a mindreader
>>
>>2128402
You're not even a good troll. Go dilate faggot.
>>
>>2128428
You were trolled into destroying yourself and the planet to make AL Gore richer
>>
>>2128330
XR is a nonviolent experiment at truth-telling and disrupting the Human Automaton Game in brazen and humorous actions.

Certainly highly recommended to get inspired and involved, as everyone from kids to grannies are part!
>>
>>2128340
Are there local folks who might be interested in making a ruckus together - maybe some picnicing on the machinery road "hey join our picknic we are having in this fine ol' wood, friends Chainsaw Jim and Axe Andy, how nice to be in the calm nature and no mistake!", picket on the main road for alternative solutions to the reservoir, the classic.
>>
>>2119983
>ascended
Man was given dominion over the Earth to destroy it and use his God-given spirits of Wisdom and Fortitude to rebuild it anew
>>
File: brentrambo.gif (1.08 MB, 320x240)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
>>2128929
Sounds legit, thanks Anon!
>>
>>2128344
Interesting ideas. Fascism is a silly meme, which need not be repeated again please. Respectful Anarchy, with high moral standards and a decreasing human population sound optimal.
>>
>>2122651
Thanks for the tip, gonna take a look at it.
>>
>>2123897
This. A confronting watch to be sure..
>>
>>2123406
The first page of his manifesto states that he's gonna gloss over the environmental issue, which is literally all that matters
>>
>>2128929
Man's dominion over the Earth is to be interpreted as the dominion of a benevolent king who wants his kingdom to flourish, not that of a tyrant.
Saying otherwise is projecting sin and malice onto God, literal blasphemy.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (61 KB, 512x256)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>b-b-but CHINA
>but the third worlders!
>but people on the other side of the world are doing worse things!
Says the distracted moron as the natural heritage of his own homeland is replaced by lifeless grids of monocrops.
Why the fuck do you care about foreign land so much? Do you even go outside? Are you ok with the idea of having to travel for hours and hours to see a bit of woodland?
>>
>>2122189
>An Eco-Fascist Soviet would wage war on countries like Brazil and China
Fascism is rooted in Blut und Boden. What happens in Brazil and China is irrelevant.
Your fixation with exotic countries stems from your globalist mindset.
>>
>live in the concreted, agricultural, Monsanto’d monoculture uk
Pain
>>
File: ecofascism.png (517 KB, 1000x1413)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
>>2119902

>99% of pollution is by brown people and Chinese
>cities produce the most pollution
>most city-dwellers are brown
>the only people who care about the environment are white
>reducing the population would reduce pollution; most of the population is brown

The solution is obvious.
>>
>>2131092
>>
File: 1566338400816.jpg (222 KB, 864x2344)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>2131094
>>
File: 1620348294751.png (260 KB, 705x726)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>2131097
>>
File: 1606083446042.png (217 KB, 537x520)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>2131099
>>
>>2131100
How is the amur on there? is bear shit somehow pollution?
>>
>>2131099
>get a country to make literally everything you own
>wag your finger at them over the results

>>2131100
>Send all your trash to other counties as "recycle"
>wag your finger at them over the results

>>2131097
>>2131092
We literally export our guilt over seas. Every nation is an accomplice. You are asking "who is to blame?" When you need to be asking "what can I do?"
>>
File: chinese fishing.jpg (240 KB, 915x612)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>2131115

>oy vey, it's your fault the Chinese dump so many chemicals into their rivers that they turn red and foam over, killing everything that lives in them

Spare me your faggotry.
>>
>>2131126
What I posted isn't untrue. We do those things. So are you upset that I'm asserting that we share some of the blame or are you upset at the thought of doing something constructive? Why so defensive?
>>
>>2131107

A major tributary to Amur is the Songhua river and it run though most of northern China's population centers
>>
>>2119902
Do you guys have any good reading list or charts? Thanks.
>>
File: F1.large.jpg (145 KB, 744x1280)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>2131169
Chartbro got ye.
The study is from 2018 done by Poore et al at Oxford which is the most comprehensive meta-analysis comparing food production and environmental impacts ever conducted, taking data from 570 individual studies covering 38,700 farms worldwide, which decisively concluded "impacts of the lowest-impact animal products typically exceed those of vegetable substitutes, providing new evidence for the importance of dietary change".
>>
>>2131115
This is true.

Plenty useful things everyone can do:

>Don't have children
>Plant-based diet
>Stop flying planes
>Ride a bike
>inspire and invoke others
>>
>>2131097
What's wrong with that? If those remote countries became green heavens it wouldn't affect me at all.
If my own country, which is clean in comparison started practicing actual environmentalistm and conservation my life and the lives of the future generations would greatly improve.
>>
>>2131425
No one including yourself is living green. The only thing you can do to save the planet is kys
>>
File: 1597218600304m.jpg (94 KB, 1024x622)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2131310
I'm gunna add to that list:
>create habitat in your own back yard
>be food independent
>volunteer to land reclamation programs
Habitat loss and degradation is the biggest issue, not global warming.

And subtract from that list:
>don't have childern
Have kids, raise them to be stewards. The somalians having 12 kids that will take your offsprings place will not raise them to have those concerns. The future needs it's Champions.
>>
>>2131454
>be food independent

Larping. Lmao your green solution is to larp as self sufficient for 50 years by eating McDonald's everyday until you die
>>
would trying to plant invasive species/burning wheat fields be a decent start of direct action
>>
>>2131618
Yes import a few kids from Africa
>>
>>2131454
absolutely based
>>
>>2131100
>I'll take maps that are just poorly made population density maps for 200 Alex.
>>
File: 1621997980252.png (77 KB, 645x729)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>2131684
>95% of plastic pollution comes from East/Southeast Asia and North Africa
>These places are 95% of the world population
>>
>>2131690
Nope the only pollution solution is to bankrupt white Americans and have them give everything to jews and coloreds thats how we fight racism and save the snails
>>
>>2131454
First list Anon here. I rather agree on food independence and regeneration of degraded land.
I have been patching up minute holes here in my city with mulching and planting, and I look forward to scaling this up.

I partially agree on the children issue; though I may be too much of a "freedom-loving individualist" to wish to take care of little humans, though the champion aspect is true.
I think just fewer or no children by all is the ultimate winner; just fewer humans.

Funnily, I am also a hybrid between both meme characters! Funny old world.

Pic related, much like humans, fewer cows also.
>>
>>2123897
this film is a joke, and anyone who takes it seriously is urbanite trash
>>
>>2128115
lmfao you are a fucking retard
>>
>>2119902
>>2119943
>>2119946
>>2119983
I don’t think the boomers are at fault. We are just victims of history, a consequence of the imperialism bandwagon that began with the Roman Empire, I think modern society will collapse and it will suck for us and our children, yet I don’t believe humans should disappear, I think the wild and the human have their own right to exist, the word ‘nature’ itself is a social construct, the world just is, and this isn’t the end. I believe we need more wacky people like Rudolf Steiner, who see the infinite mystery of the planet through another lens. Yet we are so ingrained in these big narratives like global warming and ecological standards to truly engage with the world and its challenges. The modern world still operates from a lot of shady old paradigms which deserve further interrogation. I do not really know how to engage with my scientific peers, I studied marine ecology yet sometimes it feels pointless even making the effort.
>>
File: everything.jpg (89 KB, 765x687)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>2132162
Very much so. We cast all too oft away the concrete and ineffable beauty of life for abstract convolutions which we give more importance.

"Silly human race." Nowhere to run to!
>>
>>2128276
This. Thank you for your positivity.
>>
>>2132162
Posts like this make me glad i check this board from time to time.
>>
>>2132162
Quality post.
>>
>>2120058
There all problems we need to address. The most pressing being animal agriculture and, like you said, habitat fragmentation. Rewilding and conservation efforts should be a major priority. Also sustainable farming and majorly cutting at least red meat from our diets. Carbon from transportation and mining is still a threat and it’s still warming the planet up.
>>
>>2120091
This.
https://theconversation.com/reducing-poverty-can-actually-lower-energy-demand-finds-research-159600
>>
>>2133570
They are being addressed by the elite sterilizing you and making you poor. Congratulations on being played sucker
>>
>>2133578
Its a well known fact that a greater level of wealth- ie; more disposable income leads to great concern and/or ability to focus on envirommental/conservation concerns. If you are worried about where your next meal is coming from you couldnt careless about pollution.
>>
>>2133681
Thats why we have open borders so the poor people can come to the west and use their new wealth to buy cars and Chinese products and the ones who stay in Mexico and Honduras can breed new consoooomers
>>
File: gays.jpg (23 KB, 675x450)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>2119983
What game? explain
>>
>>2119943
What are his ideas?
>>
>>2135620
He believes in open borders. He teaches that making everyone equally poor except our ruling class is the path to true environmental justice. Such a breath of fresh air I tell ya
>>
>>2119983
Hip deep

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.