[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: adu5hc1qvix41.jpg (1.75 MB, 4032x3024)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
Is trail running the goat /out/ activity?
>>
>>2069078
Only if you do it barefoot.
>>
Barely anyone does it at the moment. Its a bit like windsurfing it was popular for a while then cheaper hobbies took its wind.
It's good exercise but I'd advise against doing it alone.
>>
>>2069078
It's incredibly faggy and the only people who do it here are onions Californian transplants that run on the same three trails and don't understand anything about nature itself.
>>
If trail running is the GOAT activity then Kilian Jornet is the GOAT
https://youtu.be/MRzeLDkWT1c
>>
>>2069244
>cheaper hobbies
Is trail running expensive?
>>
>>2069269
Trail running is probably the cheapest possible way to go out. All you need is feet and outside.
>>
>>2069269
Depends where you live.
If you don't live near proper trails your looking at fuel, food suplies, potentially accomodation.
Its not as cut and dry as you think.
Also you will burn through shoes 4x faster than normal so your footwear bill goes from $100 to $400. I supose if you live near a trail and are middle income earning with no dependents then its "cheap".
>>
>>2069078
more like gayest of all time
>>
Say goodbye to your knees
>>
>>2069290
Just get toe shoes, coward
>>
Its a good way to fuck up your knees. Hike if you want to be outdoors. Get your cardio somewhere else.
>>
>>2069078
Bird sealing is the best use of your time outside
>>
>>2069249
Dilate.
>>
>>2069341
>>2069298
Source or gtfo.
>>
>>2069528
Source: I blew the cartilage off the back of my knee cap trail running and had to get surgery
>>
>>2069539
Probably down to bad form breh.
>>
>>2069539
you are weak. or stepping on stones. i run on trails every other day i make sure to step on the sandy parts of the trail.
>>
>>2069290
yeah we get it, you dont want more people on your trails.
don't lie to them though
>>
>>2069539
shit genetics, shit form, shit training or some mix of the three
>>
>>2069290
Don't need much. I laugh (internally) at the people who are all geared out with poles and shit for their "epic 5k ultra marathon" hobby jogs.

Running is a simple sport and running regularly is the only key to not being a faggot poser regardless of what surface/venue. Speed and stamina built on road and gravel runs will transfer into the mountains -- with some strength/hill work mixed in.

I'd rather be a fast guy in road shoes and split shorts & look out of place than look like some larpy kitted out bitch who thinks it has to be some overcomplicated shit with specific gear, the kind of bitch who just *has* to run with gels and hydration no matter what. Loads of these people in the trail scene, loads of them in my local area. These people, they're not runners -- they're always sure to specify they are "trail runners". I think they hope that this distinction will serve as an excuse for why they're so slow.
>>
>>2069290
Yeah dude. Only rich people can run outside. The rest of you need to find a hobby that doesn't include driving to where your hobby is, wearing shoes, or eating food on the day you do your hobby.

So, fasting at home, basically. Fasting at home is taking all of the wind out of trail running.
>>
File: 20201114_203046.jpg (244 KB, 1041x1018)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>2069290
Thanks for the input, schizo
>>
>>2069265
Kyllian left humanity behind long time ago. He is metaphysically a GOAT
>>
>>2069587
>>2069545
>>2069542
Fire boots is that you?
>>
I'm going to go for a run.
>>
>>2069539
People also blow their knees out running on paved surfaces. It is a risk of running in general, but all exercise has risks of injury. Your sample size of one also does not prove that running on a trail is inherently more detrimental to your knees than running anywhere else.
>>
>used to run a lot
>could go like 20 miles which meant I could run to really cool places and actually enjoy runs
>stop running because of reasons
>wanna start running again but it fucking sucks to go back to where I was at before
it's so shit to only be able to run less than 5 miles, can't go anywhere cool really, plus I'm too tired to enjoy the run
but yea, trail running is great, you have a sense of freedom that you don't while hiking
>>
>>2069802
Dude do hill runs to get your fitness up. I'm been hill walking and its turned my fitness around in like 2 weeks. Imagine what running up hills will do for you.
>>
>>2069802
Assuming you're a young guy and reasonably healthy, you should be able to increase your distance by about 10% per week. It wouldn't take super long. I know people who went from zero to half marathons in a few months.
>>
>>2069079
I did a barefoot run on the beach a year ago And the skin flaps under my big toes have not gone eversince. They always come back no matter what. They start off as small little flaps then the more I walk barefoot the more they pull back, causing a larger wound. I will never run barefoot again
>>
>>2069527
Stay mad, 'fornian transplant. You'll figure out actual outdoor activities one day.
>>
>>2069249
trail running is great training for long hikes and climbing
>>
>>2071841
Dilate.
>>
>>2069078
I love it.

Races are cool, but they're just motivation for training, i have the most fun in long traning runs.
Plus, it's a great way to discover nice trails near you.

It takes a lot of time though, and you need to be consistent in order to progress; can't be hard with a family.
>>
File: 91iuIG3n2XL.jpg (616 KB, 2560x1530)
616 KB
616 KB JPG
>>2069290
Your brain on marxism.

>>2069594
Make sure you have the right clothes for that 1h long power walk.
>>
20 miles done today. 50 miles this week. The build continues.
>>2070312
Don't respond to cope/dilate/cringe posters please.
>>
>>2069249
Probably not true. But you are definitely cool!
>>
>>2072827
>t. tranny
>>
>>2069244
What is cheaper? I can’t think of literally anything
>>
>>2069078

sounds more suited for humans. *snigger*
>>
>>2069078
probably not the goat /out/ activity but its definitely top tier, especially if you live near some decent trails

nothing quite like competing against your past self by pushing your body to run further each outing

protip: if shit starts to hurt (e.g in your knees) take some time off running to rest and re-evaluate your form/shoes, maybe see a doctor
>>
>>2069334
just go bare foot coward
>>
>>2072759
I swear every time i go into the local athletics store i see a different slightly overweight couple in their mid 40ies, fully decked out in Vaude clothes. Next to them a 8000€ E-MTB with full suspension and a store clerk in the process of convincing them that it's totally worth buying "just in case they want to ride on some harder terrain in the future".
They gotta make money somehow i guess.
>>
>>2069078
No, mountain biking is. It’s expensive, fast, grueling, requires navigational skills and common sense. Plus I get to wear my faggy Lycra and my kids love it.
>>
File: 1618529158653.jpg (1.28 MB, 1504x944)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.