[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: aleksanderdoba.jpg (249 KB, 800x965)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
Aleksander Doba, famous for crossing the Atlantic three times by kayak, died at the summit of Mt. Killamajaro a couple months ago. This must've slid under many people's radar because I had not heard it until now.

He first paddled at age thirty-four. Proof its never too late to be a true master of something. Say something nice about him.
>>
>>2068733
He was not a larper.

F
>>
>>2068733
First atlantic crossing was done at 65. Age is no excuse!
RIP
>>
>>2068733
RIP Sir
>>
>>2068733
mad respect for this dude. this thread should be pinned
>>
>>2068733
>died at the summit of Mt. Killamajaro a couple months ago
must have been a heart attack or something. Kilamanjaro is not technical.
>>
>>2068733
It's not often that someone gets to die both at an old age and doing something they love, mad respect for bro
>>
File: F.jpg (32 KB, 593x490)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2068733
>>
I wonder if they just pushed him off the slope. I hear they do that just so people don't ogle at the bodies.
>>
>>2068733
F
>>
>>2068854
>Aleksander Doba
You're thinking of Everest. Kilimanjaro is mostly a walk up, a glorified hike realy.
>>
>>2068806
The account I read was that he got to the summit, sat down and closed his eyes like it was his intention all along.
>>
>>2069501
He probably shit himself mid stroke
>>
What kind of kayak did he use to cross Atlantic? And how long did it take

Where did he sleep and poop
>>
Sounds like he used his time on earth better than most people
>>
>>2068733
Damn I wish i could go like that
>>
>>2069533
If you have an ocean kayak and a paddle float, you can put the float on your paddle and wedge the other end of the paddle under your deck lines behind the cockpit. Then you can get out of the cockpit and shit off teh side of the kayak without flipping in, (assuming conditions are relatively calm.
>>
>>2069533
A big one.
>>
>>2070814
>cotton tshirt
not gonna make it..
>>
>>2070814
imagine attemtping an eskimo roll in that one LOL
>>
>>2070814
holy FUCK! what a legend HAHAHA

RIP. that is some serious fucking kayaking, I also hope to die in the woods / somewhere nice and quiet.
>>
>>2070814
"kayak".

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.