[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Science has spoken.......camping is a LARP
>>
>>2065702
(((Science)))
>>
>>2065702
jesus these threads are awful
>>
>>2065718
Is real science too hard for you college boy?
>>
File: 1617127520390.gif (266 KB, 220x400)
266 KB
266 KB GIF
>>2065702
>according to science
>>
>>2065727
Is pushing your agenda on 4chan really getting your rocks off, retard?
>>
File: 1616020962083.png (73 KB, 385x363)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>2065702
>>
>>2065729
Science has confirmed that camping is what Uncle Ted would call a surrogate activity, why do yall get so triggered at that?
>>
>>2065802
being a scientist and confirming shit is a surrogate activity
posting about it on 4chan is a surrogate activity
just go out and enjoy it
try to build up some nature skills if there is a collapse
and enjoy life desu ;)
>>
>>2065702
>Sleeping outside for a few nights in a park
>LARP
This term is starting to lose meaning.
>>
>>2065802
RV camping would be a surrogate activity.
Backpacking would not be.
>>
>>2065880
I would say Thru hiking more than either of those.
>>
>>2065702
What he is calling a "camping trip" would just be life from their perspective. Because this "camping trip" was their entire existence, you can't juxtapose it against camping because it would literally beyond their perception. It's just living.
>>
>>2065702
Imagine not liking the outdoors. Imagine not liking the freedom, the ability to test yourself and push yourself to any degree, be it at a national park camp ground with showers to a thru hike in extreme conditions. Imagine not setting up camp after a long day of hiking with your parents when you were little, sitting down and taking in the smells of hot pine, blackberry bushes, dirt, your family dogs, and the smell of dinner your mom cooks. Imagine not doing this during your childhood and having experiences that run deeper than anything you could ever begin to put into words. Imagine not using this love of the outdoors to make you realize how great mother nature is and how city life and tech is for fucking faggots. Imagine not ever liking waking up to the smell of dew and camp coffee, imagine not going to bed staring at the stars and milky way, imagine not hearing the pitter patter of rain and the rustling of trees in the wind.
Imagine actually being a fucking faggot like these cunts. Sorry you didn't have good parents who let you enjoy the outdoors and show you how great they are, with all those memories, skills, and experiences that go with it.
>>
>>2065887
thru hikers usually stick to popular trails while backpackers don't have to, and can go off trail entirely
not a dick measuring contest, just that thru hiking isn't especially badass
>>
>>2065922
Bless you
>>
>>2065928
On one hand, these faggots make me rage so hard. I don't even use social media, because I would be constantly angry. On the other hand, I *almost* pity them for wasting their lives.
Almost.
>>
>>2065958
you could have stated that without being degrading towards gay people - we are humans too
>>
>>2065922
My parents did nothing close to this for me and I am well aware I missed out. I won’t let my kids miss out.
>>
>>2065959
You are sodomites that eat others Ducks and assholes and try to ram your disgusting fetish down other peoples throats.
>>
>>2065960
based anon, I wasn't ragging on people who's parents didn't do this, just at the cunts who are oblivious to it and seem mad others actually enjoy it.
>>
>>2065958
>I *almost* pity them for wasting their lives.
Nobody on 4chan should be pitying anyone else for wasting their lives
>>
>>2065960
Could be worse. I grew up in AK and FL, never cared about fishing. Moved to AZ, decided hey, fishing is cool.

Fucked up man. Fucked up.
>>
>>2065988
fuck man. F. big oof. glad you got it now tho versus later.
>>
>>2065732
I don't think he is Jewish. Primalpoly is one of the more based scientists.
>>
>>2065729
Bro I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE!!! B--O
>>
>>2065878
It never had a meaning to begin with, not on /k/ and not here. Its literally the /b/anana pic of /out/ at this point.
>>
>>2065922
I have never camped in my life because it is forbidden in my country, but I have been hiking for as long as I can remember.
>>
>>2065702
Ah yeah being a hunter gatherer = camping. Lets ignore that scientists are usually retards about historical shit. I'm an archaeologist and the way things usually go is "scientists" think they're the shit and come out with absolute bs that has no facts to back it up except "muh science degree" then, it takes about 20 years of good archaeological work to unfuck their retarded statements and come up with facts to back up what the actual theories are. Then that's when you go to scientists to use their fancy toys to date things or the like.

>But hunter gatherers lived outside so it's camping

if you believe this you're legitimately a retard a camping trip cannot be equated to the lifestyle of a prehistoric hunter gatherer. Stop listening to Twitter jews who want to trap you in cities because they're scared to go outside of their safe space cocoon.
>>
>>2066232
what shithole do you live in
>>
Human beings have a need (probably based in biology) for something that call the “power process.” This is closely related to the need for power (which is widely recognized) but is not quite the same thing. The power process has four elements. The three most clear-cut of these we call goal, effort and attainment of goal. (Everyone needs to have goals whose attainment requires effort, and needs to succeed in attaining at least some of his goals.) The fourth element is more difficult to define and may not be necessary for everyone. We call it autonomyConsider the hypothetical case of a man who can have anything he wants just by wishing for it. Such a man has power, but he will develop serious psychological problems. At first he will have a lot of fun, but by and by he will become acutely bored and demoralized. Eventually he may become clinically depressed. History shows that leisured aristocracies tend to become decadent. This is not true of fighting aristocracies that have to struggle to maintain their power. But leisured, secure aristocracies that have no need to exert themselves usually become bored, hedonistic and demoralized, even though they have power. This shows that power is not enough. One must have goals toward which to exercise one’s power.Everyone has goals; if nothing else, to obtain the physical necessities of life: food, water and whatever clothing and shelter are made necessary by the climate. But the leisured aristocrat obtains these things without effort. Hence his boredom and demoralization.
Nonattainment of important goals results in death if the goals are physical necessities, and in frustration if nonattainment of the goals is compatible with survival. Consistent failure to attain goals throughout life results in defeatism, low self-esteem or depression.Thus, in order to avoid serious psychological problems, a human being needs goals whose attainment requires effort, and he must have a reasonable rate of success in attaining his goals.
>>
>>2066425
Not him but probably bongland
>>
File: 1596566281100.jpg (62 KB, 450x600)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>2065702
No one gives a shit what some literally who (((science guy))) says. Please keep these awful twitter threads on /pol/ where they belong, thanks
>>
>>2066363
>Archaeologist admits archaeology is non-science
Archaeologists have spoken: arhcaeology is larp
>>
>>2066563
Archaeology is more history than science. We use gay science techniques after the fact to dial things in but for the most part the more you can get done with sources and not relying on machines the better.

>Archaeology is a LARP
Maybe for Americans, all of your Archaeology is digging up arrowheads left behind by savages whereas in Europe you can walk where your ancestors once did and see the wonders they created and be humbled.
>>
>>2066456
You are just angry that he knew at your birth that you would die an incel

>Miller's 2003 book The Mating Mind: How Sexual Choice Shaped the Evolution of Human Nature proposes that human mate choices, courtship behavior, behavior genetics, psychometrics, and life cycle patterns support the survival value of traits related to sexual selection, such as art, morality, language, and creativity. According to Miller, the adaptive design features of these traits suggest that they evolved through mutual mate-choice by both sexes to advertise intelligence, creativity, moral character, and heritable fitness. He also cites the Fisherian runaway, a model created by Ronald Fisher to explain phenomena such as the peacock's plumage as forming through a positive feedback loop through sexual selection, as well as the handicap principle
>>
>>2066456
>that plastic knife
KEK
>>
>>2066456
I agree that this is a shit thread but why are you taking the faggot OP's word on what the twitter comment actually says? He says nothing negative about /out/ at all. I really hate dumb people like you. You shouldn't have bothered to post.
>>
File: AT1555.jpg (123 KB, 1000x1000)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>2066363
(a) that particular scientist is smarter and knows more than you
(b) jesus christ are you really taking a half-baked twitter analogy clearly intended to be humorous as an assertion of scientific fact?
>>
File: mfwcityslickers.png (42 KB, 123x201)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>2065702
>shitter
sneed
>>
>>2067056
Seems you suffer from a learning disability. I didn't comment at all on what it says says. The contents of the tweet are irrelevant, not worth acknowledging.
>>
>>2067056
please, do not use homophobic slurs
>>
>>2067126
Shitty shitty fag fag
>>
>>2065922
Checked
>>
>>2065702
"science"
and your screenshot seems to litteraly say the opposite, camping is the last remnant of what was at the core of our identity for millenias, everything else is larp add-ons to our culture and psyche, pretending filling excel sheets and getting a promotion speaks to our sense of achievement
>>
>>2065702
i don't understand how this makes camping a LARP?
>>
>>2067228
In Miller's 2009 book Spent: Sex, Evolution and the Secrets of Consumerism, he has used Darwinism to gain an understanding of consumerism and how marketing has exploited our inherited instincts to display social status for reproductive advantage.[12] Miller argues that in the modern marketing-dominated culture, "coolness" at the conscious level, and the consumption choices it drives, is an aberration of the genetic legacy of two million years of living in small groups, where social status has been a critical force in reproduction. Miller's thesis is that marketing persuades people — particularly the young — that the most effective way to display that status is through consumption choices, rather than conveying such traits as intelligence and personality through more natural means of communication, such as simple conversation.[13]

Miller argues that marketing limits its own success by using simplistic models of human nature, lacking the insights of evolutionary psychology and behavioural ecology, with a belief "that premium products are bought to display wealth, status, and taste, and they miss the deeper mental traits that people are actually wired to display, traits such as kindness, intelligence, and creativity" which limits the success of marketing.[14]
>>
>>2066425
Spain, the only areas with forests, mountains, rivers, etc. are the north and the extreme south, the rest is literally all desert and agriculture.
>>
>>2066448
Interesting and well-put. This makes me think of all those secured aristocrats that became great scientists, especially in France from the renaissance to the 20th century (de Broglie).
>>
>>2067434
Congratulations you are now an adherent of the uno boomer
Surrogate activities
38. But not every leisured aristocrat becomes bored and demoralized. For example, the emperor Hirohito, instead of sinking into decadent hedonism, devoted himself to marine biology, a field in which he became distinguished. When people do not have to exert themselves to satisfy their physical needs they often set up artificial goals for themselves. In many cases they then pursue these goals with the same energy and emotional involvement that they otherwise would have put into the search for physical necessities. Thus the aristocrats of the Roman Empire had their literary pretensions; many European aristocrats a few centuries ago invested tremendous time and energy in hunting, though they certainly didn’t need the meat; other aristocracies have competed for status through elaborate displays of wealth; and a few aristocrats, like Hirohito, have turned to science.
>>
39. We use the term “surrogate activity” to designate an activity that is directed toward an artificial goal that people set up for themselves merely in order to have some goal to work toward, or let us say, merely for the sake of the “fulfillment” that they get from pursuing the goal. Here is a rule of thumb for the identification of surrogate activities. Given a person who devotes much time and energy to the pursuit of goal X, ask yourself this: If he had to devote most of his time and energy to satisfying his biological needs, and if that effort required him to use his physical and mental faculties in a varied and interesting way, would he feel seriously deprived because he did not attain goal X? If the answer is no, then the person’s pursuit of goal X is a surrogate activity. Hirohito’s studies in marine biology clearly constituted a surrogate activity, since it is pretty certain that if Hirohito had had to spend his time working at interesting non-scientific tasks in order to obtain the necessities of life, he would not have felt deprived because he didn’t know all about the anatomy and life-cycles of marine animals. On the other hand the pursuit of sex and love (for example) is not a surrogate activity, because most people, even if their existence were otherwise satisfactory, would feel deprived if they passed their lives without ever having a relationship with a member of the opposite sex. (But pursuit of an excessive amount of sex, more than one really needs, can be a surrogate activity.)
>>
>>2065891
Degenerates like that can't even comprehend a life outside the safe bubble.
>>
>>2067058
dilate, fat rodent.
>>
>>2066448
Praised be, uncle Ted.
>>
>>2065702
4d chess play by the city-dwellers, it works like this:
>when everyone is larping, no one will be
>>
>>2065891
Are you autistic? I mean like, for real autism?
>>
>>2067119
I know you didn't comment on what he said. You assumed the subject of the thread and posted retarded bullshit without reading. It's something you should be ashamed of but you won't because you're a lower life form.
>>
>>2065922
Dangerously based
>>
>>2069304
Again, reading comprehension. I didn't assume the subject of the thread. The subject of the thread is irrelevant. All twitter threads are trash and all twitter posters need to die in a fire.
>>
File: image0-120.png (913 KB, 960x600)
913 KB
913 KB PNG
>>2069309
>>
>>2066448
Based and Ted-pilled.
>>
>>2065732
>Jews hate camping
They feel themselves insecure without an Eruv: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruv
>>
>>2069300
Pedantry is superior to vaguity.
>>
>>2069525
I remember once reading that Judaism is just a bunch of people doing their best to Jew their way out of the rules god supposedly gave them.
>>
>>2069698
Even if they successfully worshiped Yahweh the Jewish demon they would be harming the planet. You just can't win with Jews.
>>
>>2065922
imagine being a white pirvalege FUCKING faggot like this cunt. FUCK YOU!
>>
File: retard.png (683 KB, 1336x649)
683 KB
683 KB PNG
>>2067335
>>2067494
>>2067496
Fuck you jannie for deleting >>2069309 for pointing out that the absolute loser that wrote these books is a pedophile jew. I know you have been covering for DC anon.
>>
>>2070891
Fuck jannies and fuck kikes

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.