[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 156 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Tell it to me straight. Are there... things... out in the places humans don’t inhabit?
>>
If you’re gazing out from your camp into the dark, you would be foolish to assume you are the only one watching
>>
>>2058671
I wouldn't worry about it. Even if there was some thing out there, we mean you no harm.
>>
>>2058671
They're called animals, yes.
>>
>>2058671
of course anon, there's a lot of things out there, like twigs, stones, leaves, mud, bugs etc.
>>
yea theres grendels out there
>>
There are things out there in the woods and sometimes in places we've abandoned. Always keep your head on a swivel when you're /out/
>>
File: 1616984610514.jpg (1.2 MB, 1080x1417)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
This reminds me. Scandinavian trolls become petrified when exposed to light, right? Well, my theory is that comes from when travelers at night would suspect there is something behind them, turn around and see what they think is a troll in the darkness, then light or turn their torch only to see a rock or tree that vaguely looks like a troll.
A bit like this mossy fellow I saw sitting deep in the woods.
>>
>>2058671
Yeah but there’s no blacks so it’s objectively safer.
>>
>>2058671
take your scared and stupid ass to /x/ where this bullshit belongs
>>
File: 1614035063844.jpg (63 KB, 640x640)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>2058924
>>
File: 1603261523504.jpg (69 KB, 500x388)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2058671
Yes ive seendt it
>>
>>2058761
I love grundles!!
>>
File: 30r1af.png (332 KB, 1210x799)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>2058675
>>
>>2058671
That's just a beaver.
>>
>>2058671
It’s all serial killers, cougars, forgotten mines/caves and opportunistic killers that are behind all of these missing people in the woods.

That being said, two times I heard my name being called while I was splitting wood rounds.
>turned around expecting to see someone I knew but there was nobody. >same area of the woods two years later. >dropping some trees in January for next years firewood.
>There was a few inches of snow on the ground and the crisp, silent air that comes with it.
>Having just turned off my chainsaw, but still having my ear muffs on, I heard a woman’s voice behind me.
>I was close enough to the house that my wife could have been bringing me a sandwich or hot coffee.
>I turned around while removing my ear muffs and nobody was there.
>startled me and made me feel nauseous and very anxious. I felt dread.
>This hadn’t happened the first time.
>I glanced around me in all directions. >see nothing, I sort of held my breath to hear better.
>heard my name again further off in the woods.
>packed up my chainsaw, gas, bar oil and walked out the quickest way possible
>off any paths and through the trees and undergrowth.
>told my wife what happened but underplayed my own fear.
>She jokingly said it was wood spirits mad at me for harvesting trees
>We live in a different house now, but still own that property.
I’d spend the night /out/ there if I could find another grown up to go. As crazy as it sounds, I’d like to see if I would hear anything again.
>>
File: 220px-Hatebreeder.jpg (15 KB, 220x220)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Tbh I'm the scariest thing in the woods.
>>
>>2058671
No.
>>2059111
Literal schizophrenia
Funny that you heard the voice both times when your hearing was somehow impaired or otherwise occupied
>>
>>2059131
I also thought of schizophrenia when I seen that post, I've had small bouts with it.
>>
>>2058914
Is that a troll? Best get out of there anon.
>>
>>2059119
not anymore lol the lead singer died
>>
>>2059375
>Oh hehe lol lmao
I was referring to myself.. the pic is just there because it's a good album/cover
>>
Did you know that the Lake Bodom incident is a real incident where a bunch of teenagers got stabbed to death while sleeping in their tents and the killer was never caught?
That’s what the band is named after.
>>
File: Czech-M10M-Gas-Mask.png (258 KB, 1200x900)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>2059396
Normies won't know that. there is a movie or 2
>>
>>2058924
/thread
I rather a skinwalker than a pack of feral pavement apes
>>
No. Go back to /x/
>>
>>2058671
They exist anon, just don't make them upset and it will be okay.
>>
Yes. You will never see any because of their high intruder senses. Even if they are tracking you, you would never know.
>>
>>2059403
You wouldn't know anything about skinwalkers, city LARPer.
>>
>>2058671
Nøkken only exists in Norway so unless you live/visit there you should be fine.
>>
>>2058671
We are the monsters.
>>
I once came across a what I thought was a crazy naked man covered in blood and mud with a huge erection and a hatchet, but it was just a mirror in a junk pile
>>
>>2059111
One thing I've learned with my experiences with weird shit: always go and challenge it. I know that sounds very counter-intuitive, but something happens to you when you willingly approach the supernatural. It approaches you for a reason, and although that reason is impossible to understand, you will acknowledge what it was after it's over. It's well beyond the physical, it's entirely a contest of the will.

I encountered truly weird, haunted shit twice in my life, and I ran away. But the third time years later I decided to confront it, and although it was by far the most terrifying experience in my life, I came away from it with a weird sense of understanding. And weirdly enough, I encountered the supernatural a fourth time two years after that, but then time it was very different and felt like I was being helped. I can't explain it any more than that because it was an experience meant for me alone, but just trust me when I say you should challenge the Strange.
>>
>>2060380
Actually Näkki also exists in Finland also so..
>>
>>2060500
AKSHULLY
>>
File: faceapp-DMC-Dante-4.jpg (33 KB, 458x458)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>2058924
>>
>>2060420
heh heh haha
>>
>>2060495
t. wendigo
>>
>>2058671
Most things are curious rather than malicious, but just be cautious and respectful to the land you are on.

It's their home after all you are on
>>
>>2059396
Yeah, of course I know. Poor Alexi though...
>>
>>2060397
kek
Always this guy.
>>
>>2059111
>I heard a woman’s voice behind me
>heard my name again further off in the woods.
You could've had an erotic affair with a wood-spirit and you just cucked out and went running to loving wife. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>2060991
t.coward

Dragons are meant to be killed, not worshipped or feared. The West didn't conquer the world by abiding the Unknown.
>>
File: 700.jpg (64 KB, 600x600)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>2058678
Kek
>>
>>2058927
Seethe
>>
>>2062200
In Lakes of Lithuania/Latvia we have these water spirits called Laumes , and they are basically hot bipolar women who 50/50 might make out with you,help you if you are lost, give you beatyful gifts or kill and eat you, steal a child to eat or make him autistic.
>>
File: mazaDSCN0193-1-1.jpg (230 KB, 1024x768)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>2062200
>>2062261

Sorry didn't meant to send as a reply
>>
>>2062262
That's ok fen, nice post anyway :)
>>
>>2058671
>Tell it to me straight. Are there... things... out in the places humans don’t inhabit?

The rate of missing persons is consistent across the civilized world. 1 person out of every thousand just disappears. If you went to a decent sized school it is likely that one of the people you went with has or will just vanished. They aren't reported dead just missing.

The scary thing is that this is consistent with high level predator and prey dynamics, solitary predators which control large amounts of territory such as mountain lions kill a similar number of lower prey species such as deer.

Very possible that an unknown species (a cryptopredator) is preying on humanity.
>>
>>2059111
Any other auditory hallucinations in you life?
Also do gou use store bought bar oil? I've been thinking about switching to cooking oil so it's more biodegradable and mixing in mushrooms spores.
>>2059119
Was this a legitimate post or satire of an edgelord? Children of boredom is like babby's first metal band and you saved the thumbnail.
>>
File: 20200322_223759.jpg (2.78 MB, 4032x3024)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
>>2059111
Objectively wrong. Cougars don't exist in alot of places. The same could be said aboot caves. Also I serial killers alone doesn't make up for the huge number of people that go missing in the woods. It doesn't explain how people go missing for days/weeks and are later found in an area previously searched, lying dead. You have no fucking clue what the cause is. Nobody can say for certain.
>>
File: Quallupilluit.jpg (72 KB, 590x440)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>2062261
Sounds like a more friendly Quallupilluit. Stay away from thin ice, especially at night. Or you might find yourself being dragged down under the clutches of a Quallupilluit.
>>
>>2058671
Ya. Canadians like you.
>>
>>2062307
Yeah, it s me
>>
>>2058671
yes there are things /out/ there
that man was never ment to see
we are on a island of pure ignorance and sailing too far will reveal things better left unknown
>>
>>2062020
Stop capitalizing things.
>>
File: SELKIE1.jpg (151 KB, 1280x1047)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>2062261
thats like the selkies, some guy dragged his daughter out to the ocean and cut off her finger tips so she couldnt climb back in the boat, so she became a seal and tempts boatsmen to jump ship and come have sex at the bottom of the ocean
>>
>>2058678
Thanks Skinwalker fren
>>
I guess? Weird shit I've seen was always closer to populated areas though. There was a late day/early night hike in the summer when I still lived in Hungary, I saw these shadowy things sort of gliding around in a wheat field in patterns. They were upright and a bit bigger than a person. As gay and clichéd as it sounds seen a light leave a chimney of a run down old cottage too once at the edge of a village.

Real scary shit though? Got chased up a tree by a boar after I stumbled upon it's piglets. Now that was a fucking terrifying.
>>
There are plenty of known predators which attack humans if they're hungry enough and you present an easy target. There's likely things in the world humans don't understand and may never understand. You shouldn't assume every snapped twig is big foot but don't go fucking with things you don't understand either. Most of what's out there doesn't want to interact with you and it's probably for the best. Keep your wits about you and trust you instincts. They'll tell you when something isn't right be it natural or super natural. It'll protect you from psychos, animals or whatever creepy fuck horror monster turns out to be real.
>>
>>2062627
NO.
>>
>>2062637
>I saw these shadowy things sort of gliding around in a wheat field in patterns
God that’s creepy, and aesthetically pleasing
>boar
Tell us more, did you run far before you got to tree? Did it warn you first or just charge? How long in tree?
>>
>>2062650
Mhm, it was I guess. I first thought it was some dudes running around, but the movement was just too fast and, maybe smooth or continuous is the best way to put it? Not to mention it wasn't dark enough not to make out the colors of their clothes.

When I say I stumbled upon them I really mean it. They were maybe a good 2 meters away when they came out of the bush. Momma came just after them. It started making this deep snorting-belching sound. I started backing away and then it just followed. Did that for a solid 5-10 meters then stopped. At that point I was scared shitless, so I just turned and ran. Now, I don't know what kind of monkey survival instinct kicked in, but I scrambled up the first tree like a motherfucker. I swear I felt it bump my boot, but then again I tell this story to the ladies too, so after 10 years it might just be bullshit. Anyway, spent a solid hour there even though the boars left pretty fast. Broke one of my fingers and cut my forearm pretty bad in the climb too.
>>
>>2059111
It's not unusual to have auditory hallucinations when being exposed to a constant, loud monotone. Especially hearing someone yell your name seems to be common. I work very long shifts in noisy bars and a lot of colleagues independently told me the same story over the years, happened to me as well.
>>
>>2062637
>when I still lived in Hungary, I saw these shadowy things sort of gliding around in a wheat field in patterns
rézfaszú bagoly
>>
>>2062674
Vigyázz, meg ne reszeljen
>>
>>2058678
>we
>>
>>2058671
sure is, haven't you watched troll hunter?
>>
>>2062758
Fuck that's a good movie.
>>
>>2058914
are they friendly? If i give them food they wont fuck with me right?
>>
>>2063361
nnnno.
>>
>>2058678
Claws typed this post.
>>
>>2059111
I literally heard a chainsaw in my head when I looked at the pic you posted. People hear things sometimes.
>>
Don’t forget the coomers. They often stalk the forests. They won’t hurt you or anything, except the feral ones. They might just coom on your fire, or your tent.
>>
>>2060495
Post greentext please.
>>
File: 1617344641179.webm (2.95 MB, 700x464)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>
>>2064469
What movie is this from?
>>
>>2059111
I used to get auditory hallucinations like that all the time when I would work long hours a few weeks in a row and not sleep enough.
>>
>>2060495
tell us about those experiences
>>
>>2060495
t. Agent Cooper
>>
>>2062629
You sure they're not just horny seals? Dolphins rape people all the time so it makes sense other marine mammals would do the same.
>>
>>2060495
>The only way to handle danger is to face it. If you start getting frightened of it then you make it worse because you project onto it all kinds of bogies and threats which don’t exist in it at all.
>Whenever you meet a ghost, don’t run away. Because the ghost will capture the substance of your fear and materialise itself out of your own substance. It will kill you eventually because it will take over all your own vitality.
>So, then, whenever confronted with a ghost walk straight into it. And it will disappear.
>-Alan Watts
>>
>>2058671
There are things that hunt humans, just as there are things that humans hunt. The primordial fear of the dark, sharp teeth, being followed from behind etc are universal for good reason.

What you should keep in mind is that there are some predators in the animal world which cannot be sensed by their prey. Which stands to reason, if they exist for other animals, they probably exist for humans as well.
>>
File: 1606085895187.jpg (187 KB, 683x1024)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>2058678
Always nice to see a skinwalker drop in
>>
>>2058671
I found a dildo encrusted with dried blood when I was out in a very remote part of Utah. Like fifty miles to the nearest road.
Took it home, cleaned it up and sold it on eBay as ‘gently used’.
>>
File: 1617516964434.jpg (83 KB, 999x698)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>
>>2060380
>>2060500
Uhm, actually we have a Näcken in Sweden too
>>
File: hufsaaaa.jpg (24 KB, 400x303)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
*blocks your path*
>>
Let's assume these "things" do exist
They clearly don't want to be found
They must be pretty intelligent to forsee the consequences of human discovery
Quite cunning to stay so well hidden too
I wouldn't wanna be the guy to stumble upon their home, threatening their existence
>>
>>2064896
It's the whites of the eyes that make this little fucker so creepy
It's in our programming, so even out of our peripherals we can sense another human is looking at us
>>
File: dalecooper.jpg (81 KB, 1932x1336)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>2064614
Perhaps.
>>2063672
>>2064576
I'll see if I can write up something good for the first three of my encounters. But I straight-up won't be able to tell you about the fourth. In order to understand that you would've had to have been me for those 28 years leading up to it. And I don't mean that in an /x/ thread baiting way, words just don't work for it.
>>2064651
Brilliantly said. Watts was absolutely spot on with this. Damn I really need to read some of his works.
>>
>>2058671
Definitely yes.
Insects, rodents, birds, and lots of annoying beasts
>>
>>2062518
and tickled by mahaha until you have no breath. Don't forget to bring your dog with you and to stay off the ice
>>
File: 1537640728381.png (599 KB, 877x1079)
599 KB
599 KB PNG
>>2058924
>>
>>2058927
Be quiet, spoopy threads belong on /out/
>>
>>2062494
Mountain lions aren't "supposed" to live in Appalachia anymore, but they keep showing up in trailcam photos. In Tennessee a cub was found dead on the road, and genetic analysis showed it to be a hybrid between the North American and South American subspecies. This hybrid just so happens to be common in the exotic pet trade.
>>
>>2062627
He's probably German. They tend to capitalize both proper and improper nouns.
>>
File: type81inthewild.png (800 KB, 802x514)
800 KB
800 KB PNG
>love to explore old camps and mines from the turn of the century
>sometimes bring dog but usually alone
>have been from the hidden trail to above the trees, inside the adits and more
>know the area very well and enjoy my time there
>bring my dad with me
>dad is weird with guns, I usually pack pic related (picture shows one of the old log bridges in the background too, i usually wear milsurp pls no judge im actually going outside not larping i swear) so I don't bring one but we bring dog
>its off an old forestry road, no other cars because no logging rn
>we explore the old camp, I show him some artifacts, we have lunch above the trees and start to head down
>i step off the trail to pee
>hear voices
>go to dad and dog without saying a word and dog has head cocked and tail held still, normally he wags and has tongue out. He fucking heard it too
>my dad says under his breath "i dont like this"
>I motion we should leave and dog who normally runs ahead stays underfoot entire way down
>we leave without making a sound. At bottom no cars or anything. No signs of anyone in the area as we drive out.
>the voices sounded like 2 distinct ones but I couldn't make out the words, almost like they were talking underwater.
>talk to pops about it and neither can explain it and neither of us are believers in the paranormal and have lots of outdoor experience between the 2 of us
>have been back but never unarmed. Never again. Think no evil and I've seen no evil. I wonder if something or someone didn't like seeing a new face and was wary
>>
>>2058678
>we
No thank you.
>>
>>2067932
Are you the schizophrenic poster from before who’s trying to add legitimacy to yourself by claiming other people/animals hear the same voices in your head as you? People like you are the reason why they’re trying to shove red flag laws down our throat.
>>
File: bakelitecut.jpg (699 KB, 3024x4032)
699 KB
699 KB JPG
>>2067965
No, this was a one off incident and I had a person with me who also heard it and a dog that was visibly concerned as well. Schizos can fuck off and anyone who steps on snek can suck balls
>>
>>2067972
Don’t talk to me or my wife’s son ever again.
>>
>>2065531
>>2063672
>>2064576
Alright I'll give it a shot.
First encounter
>be me
>9 years old
>playing with friend at his house in his room, doing kung-fu and WWE shit to this big stuffed grizzly bear toy he has
>absolutely fine day at the end of a sleepover
>mom is in the backyard with his mom, suddenly hear her call out that it's time to go
>throw the bear into his closet, start walking down the hall towards the kitchen and talking about school or whatever
>suddenly both of us freeze in our tracks
>turn to look at friend in shock and confusion
>his eyes are wide and full of terror
>mine are too
>feels like something just intruded into the world itself
>we both turn to look behind us
>everything I knew about reality up until that moment was false
>the bear is leaning around the corner with its paws on the frame
>absolute, dead silence
>staring directly at us
>it feels like I'm bearing witness to something I shouldn't be
>want to turn and run but can't, completely frozen in fear
>the bear looks to me, then my friend
>moves its jaw as if it's making a silent growl
>slowly slinks back behind the frame
>as if a spell was suddenly broken, we fucking BOOK IT to the backyard
>right before we go outside, I tell my friend "Don't tell our parents. They won't believe us."
>coolface.jpg it outside and hurriedly get my mom to leave
>friend didn't sleep in his room for 3 days
>14 years later we reconnect one day in a diner after not having seen each other for about 8 years
>ask him if what we saw that day was real
>"Yeah, it was real. A lot of weird shit happened in that house, man."
>>
>>2064469
general greivous?!?
>>
>>2062020
Post claws
>>
>>2060495
Someone needs to post the Ghostpuncher greentext from /fit/, this would go very nicely with this post.
>>
>>2068197
>Ghostpuncher greentext
This sounds exciting
>>
File: skinniboi.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2058671
Anon, have you ever wondered why people are afraid of things like picrel?
People tend to be afraid of things like snarling dogs, and rustles in the darkness, because, tens of thousands of years ago, these were very real threats to ones life.
That snapping branch could very well be a saber-toothed tiger ready to chew your face off.
We're left with a fear of these things, even though the chances of being torn asunder by wildlife is far less nowadays.
This leaves us with the question of why we carry an ingrained fear of deformed faces, and too-skinny monsters.
Is it because, they too, were the things behind the campfire, in the shadows, waiting for the opportunity to pounce?
A bit of food for thought, I suppose
>>
>>2058927
>He can't share spoopy stories with fellow /out/doorsmen and /k/ommandos because he's never left the basement
lol
>>
>>2058671
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>2058927
Cool it with the anti-Semitic rhetoric there pal
>>
>>2068292
The effect of the inhuman human looking thing is because we used to have other human races that didn’t really like us. A human figure with non homo sapien proportions will always make you feel uneasy because if this.
We don’t like that face because it looks like a corpse, like when you look at gore and see the membrane on the inside of somebodys skull. Your body immediately tells you that that isn’t something you should be seeing of another person and that means either that there is no saving the person anymore or that you should probably immediately escape. A system with which you can tell with a quick glance if someone is beyond saving or not. Seeing a severely disfigured body has the same effect.
>>
>>2062518
I'd bang one
>>
>>2058678
>we
cryptid please go
>>
>>2059111
Retard detected
>>
>>2058924
Literally saw a jogger family at the campground I stayed at last year.
>>
>>2068413
Thats why you dont go to campgrounds. You go into the woods.
>>
>>2068059
Damn, that's spooky af
You'd better not be larping
What do you think it was, alien, demon, ghost?
>>
File: 1586377294348.png (825 KB, 1913x4041)
825 KB
825 KB PNG
>>2068197
>>2068224
>>
>>2060495
I've had two weird encounters. One when I was really young, probably like three or four years old. One when I was about 14.
So I have a terrible sample here.
In one case I was not developed and in the other there was a lot of real shit going on at the same time.
But if I'm going to draw conclusions from these two things I could say this about them... While they're happening you don't question it much. It's just a thing that is happening.
You ever have a dream in which you're like "wtf there's something fishy about this?" but you don't think about it any further and then you wake up and you're like "yeah, that house wasn't set up anything like it was in that dream."
I've also had some encounters that weren't actually supernaturally weird at all and they stopped exactly when I confronted them.
I was having experiences in bed that I thought were a ghost visiting me, or something. Later I learned about hypnotic states and so on: I was basically just waking up in an altered state and freaking myself out.
Deciding to confront it meant I woke up more fully and saw nothing was going on.
>>
I have a friend who's dad worked for the FBI and he told him that there are things out there
>>
>>2068914
>My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate is totaly a secret agent for the speshul forces and he told me all about da aliens!
Fuck off.
>>
>>2062261
Too many simmilar myths for this to be just a fairytale...
There is something in the sky and there is something in the water, we just need to see it.
>>
>>2065291
You will scare the Finns with this image.
>>
>>2068465
>What do you think it was, alien, demon, ghost?
I've thought long about it, but there's nothing that explains it. Some kind of interloper came into the world for us to see it, for some reason, and that's all I know.
Second encounter
>be 19 years old
>on a camping trip with 3 other buddies
>WAY out away from civilization, only places nearby are a cabin rental place and a town 30 minutes south
>only one other group camping, a family, but we barely even see them
>2nd night we're there it's a new moon, decide to go stargazing because our camp is at 9200ft elevation
>me and friend leave the other two at camp
>hike cross-country following the downslope of the mountain for about half a mile
>come into this mountain meadow flanked on all sides by steep slopes
>pitch black, only lit by starlight
>so many stars though
>we go into the center of the meadow, chill out and enjoy the incredible view of the Milky Way
>suddenly, hear loud footsteps at the edge of the meadow near the treeline
>bolt up from the ground
>friend and I shine our powerful flashlights at the sound
>an unmistakable cadence of something with two legs, walking slowly but deliberately around the meadow, crunching leaves and twigs
>a strange fear starts creeping into me
>yell "Hey! Who's out there?"
>no response
>"We're armed, what are you doing out here?"
>nothing. just keeps walking
>we follow the sound with our lights
>it is quite clearly at the edge of the treeline but we see absolutely nothing
>no flash of animal eyes, no movement, nothing
>circles the edge of the meadow
>tell my friend "Hey man this is weird, let's head back."
>we wait for it to reach the opposite end of the meadow from where we came, then head back up the mountain
>we're not entirely convinced it's not an animal, so we keep our lights on and talk loudly in an effort to scare it off in case it follows us
cont
>>
>>2069040
>it's a steep mountain so it takes us about 15 minutes to get to the top
>about 50 yards away from camp, we sit on a log to catch our breath
>friend asks me "what the fuck was that?"
>I don't know man. Was it stalking us? It sounded like someone was walking, but with heavier footsteps.
>"Yeah it was fucking weird. It just suddenly appeared, we didn't even hear it approach the meadow. It's like it was waiting or something."
>I'm about to say something, when suddenly we hear it SPRINTING at us from down the slope, extremely close by
>it followed us up the mountain
>we scramble and start running, shouting for our friends to get the guns
>we frantically sprint to the campfire, yelling
>we see our two buddies drop their food and run to the truck to get the guns
>we make it to the fire, we all grab shotguns and rifles and lights and aim them at the darkness
>nothing
>buddy asks what the fuck is going on, we tell him
>"Oh fuck that I'm not getting attacked in the night. Come on."
>leads us back into the darkness, searching for whatever was after us
>no tracks or signs other than our own shoeprints
>we make it back to where it came after us, but still nothing
>it's just a descent into thick trees and shrub after this
>we decide to go back and keep watch
>stay up until past midnight, keeping eyes and ears peeled while having a late dinner
>eventually we decide to sleep, all pile in to the same tent because we've seen horror movies before
>nothing happens that night
>nothing weird ever occurs for the rest of the trip
>>
>>2058671
Monsters and folktale creatures, nah. There are apex predators, that can tear you up, but most of them avoid humans under all circumstances. Unless they're sick or wounded, and desperate.

And then there are humans. These are your real problem. While people in the wild places are few and far between, there are some dangerous ones out there, very dangerous. Not all predators have sharp teeth.

And there are bad places. If you've been out a lot, you know that there are some areas that harbor secrets from long before man walked on two legs. Angry, covetous, cruel places, where your senses lie, and your instincts whisper when they should be screaming.

Mix such places with the bad kind of human or desperate kind of predator, and that's when things get really dangerous.
>>
>>2062494
Cougars exist in far more places than wildlife authorities are admitting. I live in Western Massachusetts and have seen 2 in my 49 years, and my sister and niece photographed one in their back yard.

No question they are in Upstate New York and Northern New England too.

But I wouldn't attribute them as a factor in too many human disapperances. Some, quite possibly, but I'd say the land itself is more of a factor, and worse, bad folk - other people. From back woods pot farms and meth labs to off the grid groups of unkind men who live off the land, and will opportunistically predate on other humans when they can, without hesitation.
>>
>>2062494
>Cougars don't exist in alot of places.
They exist in literally every state. Just go to a non gay bar and you'll spot one in its natural habitat.
>>
File: dave paulides.jpg (327 KB, 501x503)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>2059111
This, Paulides is a hack
>>
File: bigfootskull.jpg (33 KB, 400x300)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>2069050
Just your friendly neighborhood Sasquatch warding you off its turf. Honestly though, that would be utterly terrifying. You mind sharing roughly where this occurred?
I live somewhere where there's no Sasquatch, but I'm really curious about them and would love to have a non-violent, non pants shitting encounter with them
I'd be interesting/terrifying to do this with high-end night vision goggles
The previous story about the stuffed teddy bear is really bizarre though
Don't know what to make of that, other than there are unexplainable things out there
>>
>>2069278
Bullshit. I watched his recent Missing 411 documentary and listened to some of his interviews, and he goes over all the evidence but is very careful not to draw any conclusions
Some of the cases are utterly bizarre and defy conventional explanation
>>
>>2058671
Yes
>>
>>2067932
Anybody remembers the name of the yt channel of the guy in the pic? I've been searching for it but I can't find it. It was Canuck kommando or something simmilar.
>>
>>2058671
if there were, we would have already hunted them to near extinction then expanded vast resources to save them while also caging them and displaying them in our cities in facilities accessible to the frailest of our species.

humans, dont fuck with us
>>
>>2069502
>Just your friendly neighborhood Sasquatch warding you off its turf.
lol Sasquatch aren't apparently invisible though. And if it was one of those, it probably would have stopped or responded to our shouts or lights. Honestly, I'm not convinced that Sasquatch exist(ed) outside of the Alaska/PNW/California mountain corridor, and the original footage of that one in the 1960's may have been among the last of its kind.

>You mind sharing roughly where this occurred?
Yeah it was near Hannagan Meadow, AZ. It's a weird little place. Incredibly beautiful though. It's far from everything, it's the highest campground in the state, and it's one of the few (perhaps only?) places in the country where there are black bear, grey wolf, mountain lion, red wolf, and coyote running around. It's basically this strange forest sanctuary where all the wild things retreated to as mankind spread across the state. It's also right on the border of the Apache reservation, and there's bad vibes there.
>>
>>2058671
Yes those little fucking cunts that hide in the trees and throw little sticks at you. You are sitting at a campfire and get hit in the head by a small twig and then another. I usually can stand 5-8 throws before I get pissed and start throwing shit back.
>>
>>2069040
>>2069050
Third encounter
>be 26
>recently got back from a long soul-searching journey where I walked and hitchhiked from Phoenix to Denver, spent the winter working in the city, then rode a bicycle to New York City
>flew back with some leftover money
>long story for another time
>no place of my own, so I move in with my friend
>decent guy, always down to help his friends in need
>fifth or sixth night I'm there, I'm asleep and having a dream
>nothing really particular about it, just a normal, not really coherent dream like most dreams tend to be
>suddenly I am aware that I am dreaming, and I hear one of the scariest sounds I've ever heard in my life
>while in the dream, I hear a noise that sounds like someone is stomping and sliding their feet towards me in the real world
>the only way I can describe it is, imagine for a moment there is a world above this one that you are connected to, a world where everything is safe and secure, and it is suddenly invaded by something evil and there's nothing you can do about it except wait to die
>all I can feel is raw terror
>I wake up with my head covered in my blankets
>my body had instinctually tried to cover itself out of pure fear
>every individual part of my mind is practically clawing its way out my skull to run from whatever just entered my room
>I nearly start to scream, but then in a flash I recall something I read once in a book
>"The only counter to paralyzing fear is blind fury"
>I decide if I'm going to die I'm going to die fighting
>that's how intense this brief moment was
>I throw off the covers and turn to face whatever is at the edge of my bed
>without thinking I also throw my arm out towards it to grab whatever I can
>as I turn, I see it
>to this day it's still hard to describe what I saw
>it was an utterly black shape that strangely followed some of the contours of the room, but seemingly was infinitely far away and deathly close to me
cont
>>
>>2070074
>I recall briefly seeing something that resembled the Japanese kanji for "mountain"
>but I didn't have time to think about any of this
>the moment I had thrown my arm out towards it, my arm disappeared into the blackness from the elbow down
>As I "touched" it, an intense, loud, rhythmic vibration invaded my mind
>I couldn't think, it was like my thoughts were being overpowered
>my vision began to blur
>my right arm went numb
>I had enough willpower to think one word over and over again
>Begone
>I sat there locked in mental combat with this shape, trying to will it away
>the vibrations got more and more intense, but then they began to fade
>my vision began to clear, and the shape slowly faded away
>I suddenly realized I could see my room, and there was in fact light coming through the window that was obscured by the shape
>I remained there for a while, my numb arm still held in the air with my heart beating out of its chest
>I got up and turned on the lights, then walked out of my room to the kitchen
>friend was getting a late-night snack and saw my eyes
>"Woah hey man, you alright bro?"
>Yeah, I think I am. But I think I just fought a ghost.
>proceed to tell him the story
>arm doesn't stop being numb and tingly until the next day

And that's when I decided to confront the supernatural. There's a strange relationship between my second encounter in the mountains, and me briefly seeing the shape of the "mountain" kanji, but I didn't discover that until like 6 months later when I saw the kanji in a classroom at my college. And two years later, I had my fourth encounter, but again, that's something that was only meant for me. All I can say, is that I think all those encounters were connected, and what we think of as the "supernatural" may in fact be something like God's shadow. But I really can't go into any more detail than that.
>>
>>2069505
The hunters 411 documentary? the one where he talks to bigfoot enthusiasts and the lady who saw the predator?

I've seen weird shit anon but come on, plus I've heard he cherrypicks his cases.
>>
>>2058671
Yes. Their called animals. Don't bother them and they generally wont bother you.
>>
>>2062494
t. David Paulides
>>
>>2068292
I too have read this pasta.
>>
>>2069520
>weird smel of copper or roses in the air
>leave the berries for the birds
>missing 411 books
>path along a river, walks a few steps away evey half mile
>hums a song, makes his presence known
care to explain some of these please?
>>
>>2068059
gave me a chill, not bad
>>
>>2069972
tell us more
>>
>>2068292
That face's expression is indiscernable, and so is its intent. Until you see the unsettling grin. It has big teeth, unnaturally large, and is exposing them to you. It doesn't look specifically angry, but the grin says excitement, stimulation. And its eyes are squarely locked onto you. Maybe it sees you as food.
>>
>>2068059
NO THAT'S NOT REAL. IT WAS A COUGAR OR CAVES OR YOU GOT LOST

BELONGS ON /X/
>>
>>2068292
Wtf is picrel?
>>
>>2070324
>>weird smel of copper or roses in the air
Commonly described by people.who encounter sasquach or skinwalkers
>>leave the berries for the birds
Could be referring to pleasing the forest spirits by leaving gifts
>>missing 411 books
Google it
>>path along a river, walks a few steps away evey half mile
Has to do with 411 I believe
>>hums a song, makes his presence known
Similarly if you feel you are being stalked by an unknown entity if you loudly proclaim "I have a right to be here" it may leave you alone, or scare off the cougar
>>
>>2069962
>lol Sasquatch aren't apparently invisible though.
They're pretty stealthy creatures, from what I gather. And you said this was at night, and you ran, and then went back looking for it. They supposedly can cover a lot of ground in a very short time. They've avoided discovery for the most part for all these years
>it probably would have stopped or responded to our shouts or lights.
That's retarded. It scared you off when it had the element of surprise, and went back to lurking in the shadows when you and the home boys went looking for it with guns. These creatures have bigger brains than us and are definitely more intelligent than humans in a lot of ways
>Honestly, I'm not convinced that Sasquatch exist(ed) outside of the Alaska/PNW/California mountain corridor, and the original footage of that one in the 1960's may have been among the last of its kind.
There are reported sightings in all 49 states in North America as well as in Canada. I've seen plenty of compelling videos/interviews from Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, the Dakotas and Alberta, just to name a small handful. Here's a playlist of over 100 videos of these creatures, though some are probably hoaxes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2S6DQjsunycpM__z7g0TgFbzNJxz-7zH
>it was near Hannagan Meadow, AZ
Cool, might have to go squatching there one day
>>
>>2070119
It's a two hour documentary with like 5 or 6 cases, of course they're cherry-picked. He isn't going include boring cases in his first documentary. And I have no recollection of him talking to "bigfoot enthusiasts" unless you're referring to those hunters who tape recorded those strange gorilla-sounding vocalizations indawoods the audio guy said wasn't faked.
>>
File: 1382239084261.gif (125 KB, 126x126)
125 KB
125 KB GIF
>>2070580
>And I have no recollection of him talking to "bigfoot enthusiasts" unless you're referring to those hunters who tape recorded those strange gorilla-sounding vocalizations indawoods the audio guy said wasn't faked
>>
>>2068292
I too am terrified of Michael Jackson
>>
>>2070392
That's pretty much it. They hide in the trees and they throw sticks and other shit at you until you leave their territory but mostly at night and in the evening. Never seen one but I know they hide in the tree crowns so you can't see them unless iit's the trees themselves. Seems that they only live in the warmia-masuria region I've never encountered them anywhere else. Fuck them.
>>
>>2070324
>weird smel of copper or roses in the air
I know the metallic/copper smell thing was featured in most of the old skinwalker greentexts from back in the day not sure about roses.
>leave the berries for the birds
Birds are friends
>missing 411 books
Are a book series about people going missing innawoods. I assume in the context of this meme that the "survivor" reads them to learn about the perils of the woods.
I don't get this one either.
>hums a song, makes his presence known
This is actually a useful tip for hiking in bear country because turning a corner and spooking an 800 pound grizz probably won't end well but if they hear you coming they'll fuck off. That's also why people hang bells from their backpacks.
>>
>>2070798

to listen and make sure you're not being followed
>>
>>2070403
pic related
>>
>>2070412
Yeah but do supernatural entities respect your rights? Do they even understand the concept of rights?
>>
File: demonandChrist.jpg (68 KB, 500x636)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
The wilderness is dangerous for obvious reasons, away from society, no signal, your supplies are limited to what you're carrying.

However, the wilderness is dangerous on a spiritual level because you are alone with your thoughts. When Christ fasted for 40 days in the wilderness, he was accosted by demons. If you think some fat dude achieved enlightenment, siddartha guatama sat under the boddhi tree alone and was also confronted by demons. The demons are able to tempt you in your everyday life with sloth,wrath,pride,lust,etc.

When the demons see you quite unbothered and more or less at some kind of peace, they rush to tempt you. that is why people have paranormal encounters in the woods.
>>
>>2072925
I mean, that's a pretty 100IQ take on paranormal encounters.
>>
>>2072939
Its more likely demons than le native American HEYAHOA skin walker men. Let's hear your take genius
>>
>>2058914
that's not a troll, thats a sni
>>
>>2068292
>Diseased people and dying people
Something like that seems like a diseased, or a dying person. Which is something that humans tend to avoid and be scared of.
>>
>>2068292
>coloration is that of a corpse
>Sunken eyes and drawn back lips of a corpse
>Big teeth
>Unknown intent
Gee I wonder why
>>
>>2058924
kek
>>
>>2058671
Sure they do. They think the dodo is not extinct.
>>
>>2070816
Oh! I read it as though every half mile they purposefully got farther and farther away from the river while still following it's course. Just taking a few steps off the path and waiting a moment make way more sense.
>>
>>2067932
Oh hey, I know you. What camera do you use to record your videos btw, I like the aesthetic.

>>2069521
Canuckmando
>>
>>2058671
yes, they're called animals
>>
>>2072962

I think that commenter was trying to say what you said is grounded in reality and a unique and smart take on paranormal
>>
>>2060380
>>2060500
>>2065269
Here in Denmark it's just a brand of condoms.
>>
>>2074823
100 IQ isn't a great IQ score
>>
>>2070403
from skinwalkers rpg maker game
>>
>>2076625
>AYO MANG DIS HERE NIGGA GOT ONE THEM CAMERA CARS LMAOOOO
>>
Always assumed fuck around - find out works both ways. A piece of silver and iron go a long way, but nothing likes getting shot either.
>>
>>2072962
Seems to me you've never experienced a paranormal encounter. I've had strange and frightening encounters in the middle of the suburbs during the day, and encounters with other people to witness it. The encounters I experienced, and like many others, has absolutely nothing to do with temptation and more to do with abject fear for your life and sanity.

You want my take on it? And this is based on personal experience: I think *most* of what is the "paranormal" is something like God's shadow. I'm talking things like ghosts, "demonic" experiences, unexplainable things, etc. Not like Bigfoot crap. If Bigfoot is real then it's just an ape ancestor that didn't bother inventing language or tools, and not something paranormal. In the Bible, God himself says that he is both darkness and the light, and many other religions which assert a singular God have very similar passages to the same effect. I think what we're talking about is that darkness. All power ultimately flows from God, as it was God that created the universe and thus all things were touched by his hand. Fear and destruction are not necessarily bad things, because good things like joy and creation would not exist if their opposites could not as well. How can you be motivated to do something if the possibility of failure and suffering didn't exist?

I have no idea for what reason or purpose some strange and frightening things happen to some people, because God is ultimately unknowable, but I believe there is a conscious will and intent behind them, and their effects extend beyond the lifetime of a single person.
>>
File: 1597356901647.jpg (187 KB, 600x650)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>2058924
>>
File: 3464357.jpg (37 KB, 432x296)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2072925
Bullshit, Satan/evil thrives in modern society/lifestyle. The only evil with you in the forrest is the evil you carry with you.
>>
>>2077065
>I've had strange and frightening encounters in the middle of the suburbs during the day, and encounters with other people to witness it.
Do go on
>>
>>2077065
>In the Bible, God himself says that he is both darkness and the light,
Where?
>>
>>2062307
Does it want my bitcoins?
>>
>>2058914
pretty good theory
>>
>>2077649
Genesis 1:4
Isaiah 45:7
>>
File: Snapchat-1775553146.jpg (71 KB, 540x960)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2058671
Ya, and that's why I carry a gun and alot of ammo innawoods. Anything that wants to fuck with me is going to get screaming death from the end of my rifle, and if it's forest fei, they can enjoy my spiteful forest fire I'll leave them with on my way out, cunts
>>
>>2068059
probably just a gas leak causing your brains to fritz out.
>>
I hate it when my dogs start freaking out when I'm out camping. I'm sure it's because like me, they are used to city sounds so the forest freaks me out, but I also know that they can smell/hear things I can't, so it immediately sets me on edge.
>>
>>2062261
I like those odds...
>>
>>2069520
> wears natural colors
> makes his presence known
Don't these two conflict?
>>
>>2067965
>implying schizophrenia isn't a shamanistic trait which allows the bearer to be more observant of spiritual beings

ngmi
>>
>>2078434
Not at all.
>>
>>2077636
>The demons are able to tempt you in your everyday life with sloth,wrath,pride,lust,etc.
>When the demons see you quite unbothered and more or less at some kind of peace, they rush to tempt you. that is why people have paranormal encounters in the woods.

Did you not read these parts?
>>
>>2058678
>we mean you no harm
So if you're not going to hurt me, can I fuck you?
>>
File: 700.jpg (64 KB, 600x600)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>2060495
>>
File: 1615574857943.gif (494 KB, 303x200)
494 KB
494 KB GIF
>>2058924
Hey now! I'm African American and I camp away from campsites. Last trip was up in Washington State Park, just south of St. Louis. Hiked about 20 miles from an official campsite and setup a small stealth camp. Third night out, I broke stealth and made a fire. Heard what sounded like a bobcat, but that was really the only mammal I saw, besides a few squirrels and rabbits.
>>
>>2079355
No, but I will have sex with you. I'll softly whisper your name as I penetrate you, as you look back to see who is there, your eyes will gaze upon nothing but an empty forest, but you'll still feel me deep inside you.
>>
>>2079794
Congrats on being an exception to a rule.
>>
File: 1531353163679.webm (1.59 MB, 720x1280)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB WEBM
>>2058671
Yes
>>
>>2058678
Are you the wendigo?
>>
>>2058671
Animals are everywhere anon
>>
>>2068413
>Campgrounds
Thats because they want to check shit off their bucketlist and have something to post online. Same with chinks and other filth.
>>
>>2078777
Those parts? Wtf are you on about? YHWH is the devil of cities and corruption and poison, nature is anti-evil
>>
>>2081130
The abrahamic religions are clearly anti-city. If you had any knowledge of the bible you would know how much of the old testament is dedicated towards illuminating the city, its priesthoods, and its graven images as the invention of Satan the accuser. City-life leads to the worship of false gods, with all that entails.
>>
>>2069606
Yes but what about the things that live underground?
>>
>>2078345
My dog once sorta warned me about a wolf that was close to my camp. He was staring out into the dark, so I figure I shine my light there and see this big greyish shape like 15 meters away. I just thought thats a big fucking fox. Then realized its a wolfie. He fucked off and didnt bother us, later in the tent I heard him take the same route back. We were sorta camping on his usual track I guess. This is Germany btw and because there is a village almost every 100 meters woves are kinda rare.
>>
>>2081163
The shit take to beat all shit takes.
>>
>>2081216
w/e retard
>>
>>2068059
I also recall teddy bears in my youth moving and becoming animated.
>>
>>2058671
Yes, they're called "animals"
>>
I have an impregnation fetish, and of course all of these stories about shit is about little troublemakers, ghosts you can't touch, monsters that always lurk out of sight, etc. Never about anything fun like something I can fuck and impregnate. That's why I think all this shit is fake. Never anything fun relating to spooky sex times or knocking up some monster/thing/whatever.
>>
>>2081039
Am I supposed to be seeing something scary in this webm?
>>
>>2058671
>city fags who are afraid of fox noises
>>
>>2058671
..yes? There are things where people inhabit too.
>>
>>2058671
No, you are a fool to think otherwise. It's just stories from larping fags or trolls. There are drug addicts and people occasionally trying to live in the woods and this is where a lot of these shitty stories come from.
>>
>>2062307
You understand that JB just made up those statistics right?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.