[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can anyone recommend a book on this topic? I'm interested in herbal medicine, not the white woman shit with the essential oils and whatnot. Preferably proven stuff like ginger helping with nausea, aloe for burns, chamomile for insomnia. I'd like to know how to identify plants that can help me if I get sick.
>>
I bet there would be a fuckton of disgusting long hairs in whatever elixirs she is making.

If you want to actually feel better, take actual pharmaceutical medicines.
>>
>>2055007
i dunno about yall but id ingest her hair
>>
>>2055020
Why not date other men?

If you think about it, you are only insulting your own kind by suggesting men are not good enough for you to date.
>>
>>2055007
well yeah if I'm seriously sick then I'd see a pharmacist, but if I'm camping and I have the runs it would be cool to know if there's a plant nearby that could help with that.

I'm from Ontario btw if that helps
>>
>>2055026
I just bring a lot of my own toilet paper. In my backpack, and extra for the airbnb.
>>
a dash of nettle in the mortar and pestle,
O! she stings, cruel wench of the forest.
but a most delightful tea to cure all maladies,
alas, but for malaise, love is the only remedy.
>>
>>2055003
Nettles. Nothing more.
>>
>>2055003
OP watch this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U&ab_channel=stormmovie
>>
>>2055003
Just keep a few of the OTC basics in your aid kit.
Which is still reasonable advice even for a basement bound shut in like yourself.
>>
>>2055003
Your in luck anon, I'm staying with my 96 year old grandparents rn because they just got their second covid shots and I found an old herbal remedy book when I was helping my grandmother look for a cookbook. I'll post in the morning.
>>
>>2055456
don't forget now!
>>
>>2055103
ayo Based poet?
>>
File: PicsArt_03-25-10.25.46.jpg (2.48 MB, 2598x4618)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
>>2055656
>>
File: PicsArt_03-25-10.25.55.jpg (2.97 MB, 2598x4618)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
>>2055798
>>
>>2055798
>>2055800
Thanks man, I'll see if I can find a copy
>>
>>2055026
Biggest thing is correctly identifying plants. There are handbooks on which plants are edible in Ontario. I bought one, haven't looked through it yet, but I'm sure it gives medicinal properties of each plant that is deemed edible. Some popular medicines actually came from elixirs involving boiling tree bark
>>
File: mgtow race.webm (2.82 MB, 640x360)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
Are you people really so retarded that you dont understand that herbalism is fucking bullshit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf-00yQDDwY&ab_channel=HumbugDetection
>>
>>2056040
t. schlomo zoloftstein
>>
>>2056040
Cmon maaaaan they are just getting educated so they can live in the woods and starve to death while being self sufficient
>>
>>2056046
pills or the oven skitzo, make the choice.
>>
File: hemlock.png (311 KB, 446x403)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>2056033
good advice
>>2056040
yeah some home remedies are bullshit and only work as placebo, but many of the compounds used in modern medicine exist in the wild in different forms. You can poison somebody with hemlock just as well as with store-bought rat poison.
>>
>>2056168
Hemlock is poison. Compounds in modern medicine from plants are aka medicine.
>>
>>2056168
There is maybe two
You could extract aspirin from willow bark any maybe one other thing.
The rest is an utter waste of time and you can just bring the aspirin
>>
>>2056168
I’ve cured many ear infections with garlic, despite the fact that the official word on it is that it doesn’t work.
>>
>>2056232
No you haven't you cured them by breathing
>>
>>2055003
I got a book about common herbs and their uses passed down from grandma
was pretty interesting and its sad to see the replies in this thread shitting on it like >>2055007
is doing, after all, plants contain chemicals that we use in pharmaceuticals.

Off the top of my head I remember lavender is a sedative when smoked, ginger has anti-nausea properties, dandelion roots are a stimulant with similar effects to coffee. I think rosemary might be a stimulant too but I cant remember.
I don't know if you'll get much luck combatting "the runs" with it though.
>>
>>2056281
>>2055003
Oh and I just remembered making tea out of Thistle induces lactation too ahah there's another one.
>>
>>2056284
>thistle tea makes you lactate
perfect, now I can produce my own food
>>
Alternative medicine makes me angry
>>
>>2056452
There are real applications for natural remedies, but you are better off just buying the modern stuff. I get learning about them for Inna woods shit.
>Alternative medicine makes me angry
"ND" or not a real doctor's piss me off, my boomer parents have completely fallen for their BS. My brother is a surgeon and tells them it's snake oil but they try and argue with him and tell him he doesn't know what he is talking about. Boggles my mind.
>>
File: 1611721353849.gif (1.4 MB, 404x347)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB GIF
>>2055103
mfw no love remedy from a cruel forest wench
>>
You're best bet is finding done good websites it doing your own research by going on Google scholar and looking up papers on different herbs.
>>
>>2056232
or your body just naturally fought off infection the same way as if you didn't use garlic.
>>
>>2056459
Hmm what is valid? Things people have been using since the dawn of man? Or because a paid shill says buy big pharma?
>>
Nettles are estrogen blockers.
>>
>>2055003
>>
>>2056040
I dont think anyone thinks that mint will cure cancer but its good to know it will clear a soar throat
>>
File: Chaga harvest.jpg (1.68 MB, 4032x3024)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>2055003
All you need is chaga anon.
>>
>>2056686
based and true. I have a gallon aluminum pot that I specifically use to boil chaga and other medicinal polypores innawoods. if you're going camping and not harvesting the various plentiful bracket conks, are you even camping?
>>
>>2056705
Nice anon! I've only just began my mushroom journey but am excited to go hard this year. I harvest them while backpacking and dehydrate them at home. I don't carry the equipment to make teas while backpacking.
>>
>>2056709
once you put on your microbial glasses, you see the forest in a new way and pity the cucks who don't even glance at rotten logs. there are few things more enjoyable than finding a semi-rare mushroom like lion's mane or giant puffball and cooking it fresh. if you find some choice oysters, that's also pretty based because chances are you'll get a lot of them.

the way I see it, a large aluminum pot is very light and enables infinite clean water. still gotta pick up a micron filter straw for backup purposes. but if i gotta boil the water to purify it anyway, why not throw some reishi in there and just convert all my water to mushroom tea? reishi is everywhere.
>>
>>2056718
I feel ya. I have oysters that grow in my backyard and have been enjoying them from the fall through winter. I'm a ultralight hiker fag so I won't carry a big pot and a sawyer is my only source of water purification. I can't wait to find some lions mane though it's my goal for this year as well as a nice morel harvest which I usually go out for every year.
>>
>>2056686
not every gall you find on a tree is a chaga
>>
File: 1604523550378.jpg (1.84 MB, 4032x3024)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>2056727
ah. I don't do "ultralight" and prefer to enjoy myself instead. got a nice big pot to boil water/mushroom tea and a small 5" cast iron to cook a good meal.

>>2056743
chaga is kind of rare. I tend to find a smallish but harvestable truffle about 1 in every 200 birch trees. fortunately you only need 1 oz per gallon, boiled for at least an hour, the leftovers saved for a second boil or an ethanol extract. finally, the extracted chaga either made into paper or composted. I never waste any part of the truffle.

did find this 5 lb beauty when tripping. never breaking it up
>>
>>2056118
Modern medicine will never make you a real woman.
>>
>>2056759
thats cool, do you use the paper for art or something?
>>
File: 1613647137213.png (262 KB, 467x467)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>2056775
>projecting this hard
keep seething tranny
>>
>>2057207
Die DC faggot
>>
>>2057221
I'd tell you to kill yourself, but as a skitzo and a tranny you are going to take care of that on your own before too long.
>>
>>2056040
Conflating reflexology and magnet therapy with herbal medicine is intellectually dishonest. It's like grouping 9/11 truthers with bigfoot enthusiasts under the CIA coined termed "conspiracy theorist"
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (17 KB, 474x542)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>2055020
Tfw no ginger haired, corset wasted, elixir bae wench gf
>>
>>2055003
>not the white woman shit with the essential oils
anon, essential oils are kino, they're basically plant extracts on steroids, very powerful
i've heard this opinion a lot, i'm not sure if they sell only synethetic aromatherpaty-tier garbage in the US or this is just the result of a massive psyops, but should you consider looking into it, you'll find a very promising future for essential oils
a very threathening one to Big Pharma, as well, since essential oils could easily replace the antibiotics that become obsolote as bacteria develop resistance to them, search ncbi.nlm.nih.gov for a myriad of studies on essential oils and you'll have quite a shock
take coriander essential oil, for example, it's one of the most potent and should you put no more than a drop on a boil that develops it will clear it right up and a mix of clove and thyme is very good for colds while eucalpytus added in steamy salty water will clear your sinuses

regarding herbalism in general, this is way too much of a beautiful topic to go over lightly, search for old anglo/european books on the topic of phytotherapy, there used to be a time when healing was done exclusively through plants and even most modern medicine was a mere refinement of these, so for example the ingredient in aspirin was synthesized from willow bark and back then we'd simply make some willow bark tea if we'd have a fever or an ache

i have plenty of books on the topic but they're in romanian, and if you're ever interested in good essential oils and herbs in general, try Fares, they have over 100 years of experience and also quite a lot of studies to back up whatever concotions they make
>>
File: balchik-street-1930.jpg (49 KB, 439x600)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>2058821
actually i've just noticed Fares' site is much more complete and bilingual now so each plant/extract/essential oil has its own detailed information regarding uses, efficiency studies and administration dosage, so you can do your own reverse-research, sort of
give it a look: fares. ro /en/ produs/ lavanda-a10/ (no spaces, filters think it's spam, damn)
>>
>>2058832
>filters think it's spam
because it is.
>>
File: 1612397613518.png (103 KB, 1094x1430)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>2058861
that link alone has more information than you'll cough up in a lifetime, tranny
>>
>>2058863
get in the oven skitzo.
>>
>>2058821
>very powerful
No
>>
File: 1615996146866.png (89 KB, 313x325)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>2058917
>it's only powerful (and stunning and brave) if it's a child in drag dancing for money at a pride parade

>The results obtained showed that essential oil of the leaves of E. globulus has antimicrobial activity against gram negative bacteria (E. coli) as well as gram positive bacteria (S. aureus).
>Our results showed that coriander oil has an effective antimicrobial activity against all bacteria tested. Also, coriander oil exhibited bactericidal activity against almost all bacteria tested. The results obtained herein further encourage the use of coriander oil in antibacterial formulations due to the fact that coriander oil effectively kills pathogenic bacteria related to foodborne diseases and hospital infections.
>Clove essential oil, used as an antiseptic in oral infections, inhibits Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria as well as yeast.
so on
>>
>>2055003
if you're serious then check authors Rosemary Gladstar, Dr James Duke, Rosalee de la Floret, James Green, David Hoffman, there are many others but browse these to find some great books to get you on your way, good luck you god damn stinking hippy.
>>
That Chinese herbal nonsense is for twinks. I want REAL MEDICINE.
>>
>>2059229
None of that means shit in the real world.
Essential oils are essentially bullshit
No benefit beyond placebo
>>
>>2060005
not true at least for lavender and lemongrass, they have studies showing efficacy
>>
You Anons DO understand that a lot of monkeys and mice give their lives for even unsuccessful pharmaceuticals
>>
>>2060424
go on?
>>
File: approval_process.png (9 KB, 553x500)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>2060543
"biologics had a 15 percent chance of going from Phase I through to FDA approval, compared with a 7 percent success rate for traditional small molecule chemical drugs."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pharmaceuticals-success-idUSTRE71D2U920110214
>>
>>2060005
are you actually retarded or just an attention seeking faggot thriving on (you)s? this is in the real world, there are studies, they're already being used
are you mad not even essential oils can undo the stink from the dilated wound you call a pussy?
>>
File: 1604904815821.jpg (221 KB, 1110x800)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>2060906
>arguing with a being that is comprised of a cocktail of chemicals that have never been seen in the history of the universe
>>
I dont see this very often in the west, but Yunnan Baiyao is one of the few herbal medicines that I actually believe in and use regularly.

It encourages coagulation. It's very useful for scrapes, road rash, and small cuts. From my understanding the Vietcong used it for gunshot wounds as well.

I use it for both me, my dogs, and my livestock. It works really well, and tends to stop bleeding almost immediately.
>>
>>2055003
Check out alfie aesthetics on youtube, he has a bunch of tips on things like that and his vids are just comfy.
>>
bump
>>
>>2056040
Imagine being such an uneducated kike.
>>
bump
>>
>>2055026
charcoal slurry.
>>
>>2056705
>>2056759
I harvested some more chaga yesterday. I am going to dry this batch out and make some powder for single serving tea bags. I've never tried this but I am excited to bring some tea bags on backpacking trips.
>>
>>2064790
wat?
the skeptic is the educated one you dumbass.
what do you all the educated scientists of the world think of herbal madicine?
>>
>>2055003

And try as I like, a small crack appears in my diplomacy-dike.
"By definition, " I begin,
"Alternative medicine, " I continue,
"Has either not been proved to work, or been proved not to work.
Do you know what they call
Alternative medicine that's been proved to work?
Medicine."

"So you don't believe in any natural remedies?"

"On the contrary Storm, actually
Before we came to tea,
I took a natural remedy derived from the bark of a willow tree
A painkiller that's virtually side-effect free
It's got a weird name, darling, what was it again?
M-masprin? Basprin? Oh yeah! Asprin!
Which I paid about a buck for down at the local drugstore."
>>
>>2058821
>2021
>This level of absolutely unapologetic derp
Good grief.
>>
>>2056040
Using herbal tea to help settle an upset stomach is not the same as thinking essential oils can cure cancer you faggot. It’s more likely OP is looking for information on uses such as the former rather than the latter.
>>
>>2055003
MAximum spicy food levels make a hostile environment for intestinal parasites
>>
>>2055003
check out erowid or something those people are mostly schizos but theyll eat any plant (warning there are placebo fags on there sucking each other off forming a placebo ouroboros)
>>
>>2066899
>Shut up and wear your mask, two masks, no three!
Those educated scientists?
>>
>>2070828
Bureaucrats are not scientist.
>Bureaucrats are not scientist.
>>
>>2070835
That doesn't make scientists not bureaucrats
>>
>>2055026
If you injest poison eat clay
>>
>>2056227
Spoken like a person whose knowledge of pharmacology consists of "DID YOU KNOW THEY MAKE ASPIRIN FROM WILLOW BARK???"
>>
>>2055003
Plantain grows damn near everywhere, and is pretty handy.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.