[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 93 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why can't I wear denim when I go camping? It was good enough for cowboys
>>
File: boom.png (28 KB, 231x331)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>2024227
You totally can, I don't understand people who say you can't.
What the fuck else am I supposed to wear?
Shorts are fine if it's hot outside, but do you expect me to wear suit pants? Chinos? Fucking bellbottoms?

There's only so many varieties of pants, let alone heavy duty ones that will stand up to backwoods country, and jeans seem to be the best of the bunch.
>>
>>2024227
Yeah.
>>
you can
I do all the time
comfortable
can really suck when wet though
not super warm
>>
>>2024227
>stay wet
Cotton has evolved to wick moisture from every source possible and hold on to it. Denim will remain wet if you sweat into it, making you downright cold if the temperatures drop at night.

>abrasive
Denim is abrasive on its own, and more so when it’s wet. This can be pretty uncomfortable if your moving around a lot.
>>
>>2024239
found the LARPer
>>
>>2024239
I should have specified. I meant for winter camping. I usually go 2 layers of PJs and then a pair of denim over top. This costs like $50 in total and is as effective at keeping me warm as whatever $400 meme pants from north face you are about to recommend
>>
Do you all wear pants in the summer instead of shorts? I feel like pants would be better because of ticks and all the bugs?

I hate getting my mom to do tick checks on me after going /out/....I'm 34 and ts weird stripping down so she can look for ticks.
>>
>>2024227
i only learned the cotton kills catch phrase this past year after wearing denim pants and shirts while outdoors for my whole life. i just assumed being damp and cold was an expected fact of hiking and camping lol. i think a lot of amerifats are much too soft and needing of comforts. we are outside for a reason if you want to be warm and comfy get a different interest/hobby
>>
File: 1588880991554.jpg (71 KB, 800x765)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2024255
>34
>lives with mother
>>
>>2024264
Same my based friend.
>>
Possibly would if I could but I get folliculitis bad. Basically have to buzz down my pubes and leg hair, use antiperspirant and lubes just not to get big infected sores all over.
To the point where I would seriously consider wearing a kilt /out/.
>>
>>2024443
how can evolution fuck up so badly
>>
>>2024255
I do. Ticks and snakes and spiky stinging grasses can fuck off. That said I don't go hiking when it's properly hot and I definitely don't wear denim.
>>
>>2024227
Wear what you want faggot, its not a fashion show.
Just try walking 5 miles in sweaty, wet denim then get back to us.
>>
>>2024451
We've got smart enough to keep people with genetic fuck ups alive and breeding instead of dying from infections or getting eaten by predators.
>>
File: tiro19.jpg (215 KB, 2000x2000)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
The ultimate /out/ pant
>>
Oh look it's another anon theorizing what it would be like to be outside with certain gear choices in stead of actually just going outside.
>>
>>2024464
>a light breeze appears
>heh, nothing personell testicles
>>
>>2024464
Anything else is larp
>>
>>2024264
>being damp and cold was an expected fact of hiking
>if you want to be warm and comfy get a different interest/hobby
>If you don't want to be uncomfortable due to poor gear choices get a different hobby
based retard
>>
>>2024443
Fuck it, dude. Wear a kilt.
>>
>>2024476
triggered amerifat glamper
>>
>>2024232
Trousers
Sweats
Cargo pants
>>
>>2024248
If you get wet in winter with the $400 pants you'd be fucked anyway innit.
I don't like how people don't layer cheap clothing, everyone buys retarded expensive jackets when a fleece and some sort of Zoot suit and rain jacket would do fine over base layers.
Just don't need down and goretex jackets.
>>
>>2024483
Any moron can be wet and cold.
You don't need to buy expensive gear to be warm and dry, just need a brain.
>>
>>2024483
you said it brother!
I for one pre-soak all my jeans before I go to any hikes just so that I don't have to wait for them to get wet in stages
I'll be shivering and swearing the whole time to prove to my absent father that I am indeed a real man!
>>
>>2024255
I wear pants year round but still go in with a T-shirt when its hot
had a tick bite on my gooch this last summer
>>
If you have to deal with anything more than an inch or two of snow or any water at all you're fucked. Of course if you're just out for a couple hours from your car it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>2024241
Yeah, blue jeans are totally appropriate active wear.
>>
>>2024264
So you go out specifically to be uncomfortable? Literally everyone would rather be more comfortable than less comfortable.
>>
>>2024618
i go out to get away from women and minorities
>>
>>2024621
So you're always uncomfortable? Sounds shit.
>>
>>2024232
Canvas is better than denim. Polycotton is much better than denim.
>>
>>2024232
I wear cargo pants cos they have big pockets, jeans do not
>>
>>2024255
Ticks may blend in or be hard to notice in crevices or folds in gear, clothes, body, and hair. Small ticks can hide anywhere. You could inadvertently transport one back and get infected days after. Maybe it wouldn't be you but a pet or your mother.
The only way to be safe is for you and your mother to check each other for five days after you get back. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>2024670
Only if I can watch.
>>
>>2024232
>What the fuck else am I supposed to wear?
There are plenty of pants made from polyester and nylon.
>will they hold up?
Yes. Some are even made for mountain climbing, so building your stick fort is no problem.
>>
>>2024670
>not shaving your legs as soon as you get back to civilisation
>>
What about waterproof duck?
>>
>>2024227
The chad log blocks the denim virgin
>>
>>2024227
The main issue is that they take forever to dry and suck ass if you get wet or sweaty. They're fine if you're planning on staying dry.
>>
>>2024754
Yes ducks are quite waterproof.
>>
>>2024812
Duck is a fabric like denim
>>
>>2024227
If you're simply camping, shouldn't be a issue. If you're hiking or doing something active in the heat. Columbia makes /out/ pants.

Funny note, a lot of logging crews wear Nylon instead of blue jeans these days. Mainly because Nylon frays and stops a chainsaw while denim does not.
>>
>>2024844
There's more to chainsaw pants than nylon, friend. But having said that, some of the harder wearing nylon, like whatever the fuck is in Fallraven pants, is impressively resistant to anything the woods can throw at you.
>>
>>2024227
they starch their jeans thats why, those creases are signatures of that.
>>
>>2024813
Not very nice to the ducks desu
>>
>>2024241
found the car camper
>>
>>2024855
Fjällräven uses polycotton. Nylon pants are often lighter and meant for hiking. I guess you could make pants out of nylon cordura too, but they would not breathe well (is my conjecture). A lot of workwear is polycotton with cordura reinforcements, think there's a reason for that.
>>
>>2024227
You can. they are durable and functional. They are kinda hot and suck if they get wet. I like them camping but not for strenuous backbacking.
>>
>>2024232
I do wear chinos when I go hiking sometimes
>>
File: handshake.png (30 KB, 300x255)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>2024265
>stop living with your family, leave them behind and pay me!
>>
>>2024464
Jokes aside I have worn mine out and rip them to absolute shit in a single day
>>
File: 1607658750863.png (423 KB, 677x609)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>2024870
Leave the duckos alone!
>>
>>2024232
Jeans were laborers pants, men who worked in settlements, large camps and mines. They still work great for this, but there are better options when it comes to distance walking. Many Americans of the westward expansion chose moleskin or corduroy over jeans for mundane tasks
>suit pants
Unironically the right answer in cool dry weather.
>found in a variety of weights of wool for breathability and durability
>despite the oftem exaggerated properties of wool, it is warm and it does "feel" less wet when damp.
>high waist means knees are less restricted in a high step
>cuff easily tucks into boot without wadding up (unlike jeans)
>muted colors with patterns to break up outlines = see more wildlife
>4 bucks at your local thrift store

Mens modern formal wear takes most of its design from 18th and 19th hunting and military clothing, It keeps a decent amount of that functionality today. Are there equal or better options? Certainly. Are there more available and lower cost options? Arguably no
>>
>>2024991
I’d image that the work pants of the 19th century are more like the Cargarts I wear to work, and not like the Levi’s I wear around the house.
>>
>>2024557
You don't need them but they are better.
>>
>>2024616
Correct.
>>
>>2025003
I think you'd be surprised, denim as a material really hasn't changed much. 100% cotton jeans as fashion are essentially just broken in from the factory. Pic related is a pair from 1890 that probably looks like your house pants.
>>
>>2024618
thats what being inside your house for, when youre outside youre supposed to be up against the elements otherwise youre just larping, how hard is that to drill into your thick mongoloid skull!
>>
>>2025191
Bro, my work jeans are nothing like Levi’s.
>>
>>2025192
>being up against the elements
>but don’t try to stay dry and warm because that’s larping
Fucking hell the lockdown fags have ruined this place
>>
>>2025191
Only if you have a bad eye for details. The material is very much different today. One of the reasons they make that shit pre-distressed is they know the shit they give you will not last long enough to become distressed anymore.
My boomer parents remember Levis in 1970 that would stand up on their own when you got them.
You can only see that today with really fucking expensive brands.
>>
>>2025213
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, smug, cock-sucking brainlet. Shut your fucking mouth.
>>
>>2024538
All gay. Try again, but with a real answer.
>>
>>2024661
Patently false. Canvas is garbage unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for a fuckin pair of pants.
>>
>>2024663
Buy better jeans then, shit-for-brains. It isn't like there is only one style. There are like 12 common varieties.
>>
>>2025217
Stop projecting ignorance. When I said details I wasn't even talking about the fabric. 1890 models were very fucking different pants to what is made today.
If you want something *kind of* like jeans used to be you can try Wrangler Cowboy Cut. Has to specifically say cowboy cut otherwise you are probably looking at one of their fashion models.
Those ones are kind of midway baggy, midway rigid and high-waisted.
>>
>>2024227
They kinda suck if it's super wet out but otherwise yeah denim is great
>>
>>2024760
?
Are your legs so short you're incapable of sliding your butt across wet logs in jeans?
>>
>>2025224
those are the exact ones i buy, mwzpw. the cotton is decently heavy. never bothered with carhartts, just add patches to the knees if you need more protection. normally after 2-3 years of wear i need to add patches anyway from crawling around in the dirt
>>
>>2024227
You can hike in whatever you want anon, cotton, as Im sure has already been mentioned is less than ideal. me and some buddies did the JMT like 6 years ago, and on about day 5 I busted out some daisy-dukes I brought for the lulz. Jokes on them, they HAD to hike with me.
>>
>>2024227
why post this retarded shit when you clearly know the answer already? shut the fuck up, faggot
>>
>>2025219
Cargo pants are literally the best /out/ pant are YOU gay?
>>
>>2024227
Not enough pockets unless you're really roughin' it. Slacks are lighter, simpler and cheaper. Deoending on your system, you can go out in regular sweats.
>>
>>2025203
Work on your reading comprehension
>>2025213
>>2025224
I'm afraid you misunderstand me. You're right that many modern jeans are a different weight (and often made of an elastic blend) than denim work pants of the past. However, independent of the cut and fit, pure denim --by its nature-- is made by largely the same material (just cotton) in largely the same organization of the warp and weft. It's been this way since its inception. Which brings us to the crux of this discussion: its place outdoors. Its excellent in any environment where you can take it off at the end of the day, knowing full well it will be dry by the time you don it next. However, when put in comparison to other fabric options its slower to dry, chafes more , and loses virtually all insulating properties. The phrase "cotton kills" is a bit of a misnomer, more specifically "wet cotton kills". If not mitigated (thermals, hardshell, ect) than ling term denim can become a liability to the wearer.
>>
>>2025425
Wow what a reasonable level headed response.
Thank you. What do you wear while /out/?
>>
>>2025255
Thinks jeans means tight jeans. Millennial lost in time still 2010 wearing crutch crushing stovepipes who can't bend his knees
>>
>>2025425
>It's the same thing because it's tubes of cotton that go on your legs!
Yeah, no.
>knowing full well it will be dry
Not guaranteed with any pair of jeans I have ever owned.
>>
>>2024227
You can? Why can't you? I mean, it's not absolute efficiency, but it's usually good enough.

They're durable. You can easily put some long johns under them if it's cold. The only draw I can see they're an absolute pain to cross a river/body of water with.
>>
>>2025485
how many people are honestly fording rivers in winter. your synthetic pants arent going to matter if the water rushes in the ankles
>>
>>2025501
The synthetic pants will dry faster and won't take up nearly as much water in the first place.
>>
>>2024227
When I was a cowboy the jeans were more conducive to riding and keeping snakes from biting your ankles than anything.
>>
>>2024227
Because it's heavy, doesn't dry quickly and is usually cut in a way that restricts movement. A pair of lightweight sythetic hiking pants dries quickly, is abrasion resistant, and allows for a full range of motion. I like my clothes to actually be dry by the next day if I fuck up and fall in a creek. Also, they can be had for cheap from Decathlon or some similar retailer.
>>
>>2024991
Incredibly based. I thought I was the only one buying thrift store suit pants for the 100% wool on a huge discount.
>>
>>2025591
>Because it's heavy, doesn't dry quickly and is usually cut in a way that restricts movement.
Get motorcycle jeans, fixes two out of the three problems.
>>
File: 11991d.jpg (99 KB, 596x682)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>2024991
I use surplus wool trousers. Super comfy and based.
>>
File: 23224-0_600x600@2x.jpg (211 KB, 1200x1200)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>2025605
>hiking in riding jeans
Why would I when I could wear lighter, more comfortable hiking pants? Just so I can say I went /out/ in jeans? You sound exactly like the faggots buying shit like pic related just so they can bag about hiking in combat boots.
>>
>>2025191
>>2025213
>>2025217
I do agree that that material that Levi's uses might be different nowadays even compared to around 1990. My dad had a pair from around 1993 or so that held up better than a pair bought around 2013. The 1993 one didn't get super loose around the knees whereas the 2013 became nearly unwearable in just a couple years. They were meant to be the same model as well, so the only thing that should have changed was the year.
>>
File: .jpg (172 KB, 1440x1440)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>2025621
those aren't combat boots, those are tactical sneakers. these are combat boots
>>
>>2025501
>how many people are honestly fording rivers in winter.
you were saying?
>>
>>2025709
i didnt say anything, this is a text based forum. and great you posted a photo of a frozen river woop de doo
>>
>>2025425
>it’s more like one thing than the other
>”you’d be surprised”
I’d be surprised at what? That work jeans from the 19th century are like two dissimilar items, simultaneously?

>work on your reading comprehension
What the actual fuck?
>>
Anyone suggesting jeans as active wear has only worn jeans. There are better, non-shitty options.
>>
>>2025709
I don’t see anyone fording it. Did they drown?
>>
>>2025621
>Why would I when I could wear lighter, more comfortable hiking pants?
For the same reason people use canvas tents.
>>
>>2025721
lol its cause they were wearing jeans
>>
>>2025725
Work in heavy construction. Buy 13MWZ wranglers. Each pair lasts about 5 years. Usually around 30 bucks.
>>
>>2024663
Cargo pant master race.
>>
>>2025709
Are you suggesting that this picture somehow involves fording a river?
>>
>>2024227
Best is wool combat pants from a european military
>>
>>2025891
yeah bud, i found in the last few years they switched production from mexico to honduras for some of the shorter leg lengths. problem is the rise seems to be lower then too so they feel like massive nut huggers. 36x36 is still made in mexico and the tag says hwmwz and still has the higher rise. whereas the shorter leg lengths said 13mwz. i dunno maybe it was always that way. i just roll the legs up, oh well
>>
>>2025915
Oh weird I haven't come across that yet. I always found it very convenient that they have EVERY size and mine is tricky to find. They do take quite a bit to break in yeah but it is great when they do.
>>
>>2025429
Late fall/winter/Early Spring: wool slacks with medium (fleece) or light weight long johns (synthetic), hardshell pants if I suspect foul weather. Pair with an 6 inch hiking boot or neoprene rubber boot.
Early fall/late spring: nylon hiking pants with the same base layers, same boots or waterproof hiking shoes
Summer: nylon hiking pants with silk weight long underwear , zip offs w/o base layer if I know I'm crossing any water body. Lately I've been favoring a regular breathable running shoe unless I know they'll be significant bushwacking.
>>
>>2024227
you people are nuts wearing synthetic clothing, animals can hear you from miles away
>>
>>2025962
why would i care about the animals hearing me? it's not like i'm trying to sneak up on them and hurt them
>>
>>2025708
And motorcycling pants aren't jeans.
>>
>>2025724
Humour me.
>>
>>2025962
Hiking in bear country, you WANT the animals to hear you
>>
>>2025990
and that is why you will die when the apocalypse happens
>>
>>2025709
No one is fording a river in the pic.
And even if the person behind the camera did, to win the argument there should be a line of people waiting on one of the margins.
Because otherwise the other anon is right, not everyone does that and even the very few people who do it don't do it all the time.
Stop LARPing like you are 24/7 on an highly demanding adventure.
>>
>>2025222
Why do that when I can just wear cargo pants?
>>
>>2026085
do you actually store things in the pockets? they would just swish back adn forth and whip into your knees constantly. terrible design. theyre just for frat boys in 1996
>>
>>2026097
Not really. I don't like either anyway. I use a pair of hiking pants, the kind with regular pockets like jeans, but are synthetic. However the suit trousers guys here are winning me over
>>
>>2026064
soz cant read i have brain damage and autism and im black
>>
>>2024760
Another larper that outed themselves. Many such cases.
>>
what pants should I buy from uniqlo to go hiking? I only own chino pants and I almost ruined a pair from walking around a swamp
>>
>>2024670
Do you think hypothetically carrying some kind of tick eating animal would be worthwhile? It would have to be able to search for the ticks and eat them.
>>
>>2026417
I don't know about you but I carry a possum everywhere I go for self defense.
>>
>>2024265
why do you care? i am 28 and i live on my flat of the house i have 100m apartment here and i cna help m family if they need me. and why would i send my parents in nursury home if i can help them, they were paying my collage and rhey were feeding me whole life, i will not leave them helples now when they are old. and fuck you and you, and your westener culture which hates family and loves faggots. fucking jews, niggers and muslims have defeted you, you love them but you hate your own blood. fucking faggot.
>>
cowboys wore that shit because it was more important to have something you could use for everything then it was to be a special comfy snowflake.
>>
>>2026814
Space cowboy here. Your words are true. Wranglers were the only thing people wore for everything and nobody cried about it. No camo pants, no fancy schmancy hiking pants. Just shut the fuck up get that cattle gate shut.
>>
>>2026097
yeah I usually keep tobacco, rolling papers, filters, chewing gum, and a little notebook in my cargo pants pockets.
I can confirm that I have had no problem whatsoever with shit "whipping my knees".
Why does it bother you that a stranger on the internet doesn't wear jeans? Are you autistic or something?
>>
File: smokingbaby.jpg (103 KB, 1200x901)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>2026890
this guy smokes tobacco, bad ass mother fucker alert right here
>>
>>2026814
Don't talk shit about a job you've never done. Also
>then
Retard.
>>
>>2026925
(you)
>>
>>2025709
For what purpose.
>>
>>2026927
oh no
>>
>>2026927
the r word is offensive to people who are differently abled, do not use that slur again or else
>>
Here in Texas I hike in jeans 99% of the time, but it's true it doesn't rain much where I live and hiking in wet denim is miserable. Having said that, jeans are comfy most of the time, and the faggots that wear their fancy pantsy canvas trousers probably got their lunch stolen by the school bully.

If you want something versatile and non-expensive denim is the way to go.
>>
I like jeans, i wear them when i go shopping and shit, but i've found for hiking they can be a little restrictive when you want to lift your legs up, say to climb a fence or something. So I go with cargo pants since tend to be baggier.
>>
>>2024227
Who says you can't?
>>
>>2024255
I wear shorts for going /out/ if the temperature is higher than 10 deg celsius.
No ticks this far north, yet.
>>
>>2027130
I'll rip your dick(female) off and shit down your boy cunt.
>>
>>2027636
Can I watch?
>>
>>2027310
you dont have to wear emo skinny jeans you know
>>
>>2024227
>Why can't I wear denim when I go camping? It was good enough for cowboys

If you are a twink with skinny legs you can, if you have proper quads then denim restriction is very real, not to mention testical pain.

Jeans with 1-2% elastane are pretty good for hiking if for some reason you dont mind the loss of a cargo pocket, unlike 100% denim + models with elastane last far longer.
>>
>>2025501
I hike mountains in northern Sweden. Temperature can go below freezing in the night during summer and a few + Celsius in the day time.

>your synthetic pants arent going to matter if the water rushes in the ankles
I mostly use goretex shell pants and they dry up pretty quick.
>>
>>2024227
This guy does it and he is my favorite outdoor youtuber

https://youtu.be/KJ7F3xpGFfo
>>
>>2024227
>Why can't I wear denim when I go camping?
Why can’t I commute to work in a 1988 Hyundai Excel? You don’t need a quiet BMW with heated leather seats which you can easily afford.

Ie it’s a matter of comfort and not being a poorfag, and even being poor isn’t really a reason when you can get a pair of Columbia’s for like $40.
>>
>>2024227
Cowboys were poor AF
You're not, you have better options
Though, you don't need them.
>>
>>2024464
ok dimitri
>>
>>2028210
cycling clothes are homo clothes
>>
File: crying steve.jpg (61 KB, 919x901)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2029030
this guy doesnt do anything beyond car camping
jeans are fine if you're not walking more than 100m
>>
>>2028279
again, you arent fording rivers in your goretx shell pants. no one is wading across a frozen river in the winter, stop larping
>>
File: P1060200-1.jpg (392 KB, 1816x723)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>2029195
Depending on area, if there are valleys, streams can be plentiful from snow and glaciers. Water up to the knees is not uncommon and sometimes up to the thighs if the speed of the stream allow it.
>>
Australian wading in for what it's worth. I wear jeans exclusively when bushwalking. Outside the Alpine region it rarely freezes even in midwinter. Here the main threats are sunburn, snakes and scratches from rough growth. Jeans are great against these. The sunburn risk is the most insidious, because of the damaged ozone layer there are times when an hour's direct exposure causes second degree burns which can get infected when the blisters pop.
>>
>>2024255

Get a gf
>>
>>2025708
you are autistic. people actually wear lowas in combat, nobody but larpers wear heavy leather boots anymore
>>
>>2029242
no one is doing that here though, stop pretending. if you are crossing a stream with water up to your knees you are wearing waders not some goretex pants that are open at the bottom
>>
>>2029537
the hole in the ozone layer was sealed up a few years ago!
>>
>>2024227
There is no reason you should be listening to any of these little noggins runnin around spoutin verbal aids, wear whatever the fuck you want mate
>>
File: P1060118-1.jpg (838 KB, 1592x1195)
838 KB
838 KB JPG
>>2029798
I'm not concerned of getting wet, retard. Wool socks heat up in a few minuets even if soaking wet, the pants don't hold water and dry up from the body heat.
>>
>>2029088
Correct. Cowboys way back in the day wore shit pants made out of shit they could find like burlap sacks.
>>
>>2029824
>im not concerned of getting wet
then why are you arguing that cotton is unsuitable for wet conditions, you are nuts
>>
>>2029982
I've already explained why. Cotton hold water and will cool you down. I use materials that dry up fairly quickly and wool will give some warmth even when wet.
>>
>>2030315
so you are concerned? or youre not? make up your mind
>>
File: Feltbukse M75.jpg (27 KB, 500x500)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>2030315
You are aware that there are many different ways of making clothes from cotton?
Of course jeans do in general soak up a lot of water.
I wouldn't use jeans if there was a high likelyhood of getting wet, but when it's nice and dry, maybe cool weather, I will often use jeans.
They can take a lot of abuse if it's of decent quality, comfy, warm enough for spring or fall if it's dry.
Also, my most used pants for /out/ stuff are made from cotton, though waxed, quite thin and light material, dries very fast on the body, much faster than any synthetics I've used, doesn't smell like shit after being sweaty once, doesn't rip easily, it's just damn good as long as it isn't pissing down.
>>
>>2030337
I accept it instead of being concerned about it.
>>
>>2024227
jeans + wool sweater is all you need. I ski, hike, camp with this, just put on a coat if it's too cold or rainy
>>
>>2024227
Was literally invented for cowboys who slept under the stars and lived in their saddles. Anyone telling you its not for the outdoors is a retarded faggot and deserves to be kicked in the balls.
>>
>>2031040
>>2033217
Denim sucks when it gets wet.
>>
>>2024227
Are they actual selvege denim anon?
>>
>>2033488
What if you wax it?
>>
>>2033495
not breathable then
>>
>>2033496
You sure? Waxed canvas was the shit to use for trekking before flammable oil clothing.
>>
>>2033501
Never done it b/c I'm a larper, but that is what I heard from a gear reviewer on youtube.
>>
>>2033510
If anyone recommends any unnatural fabric I throw that rec in the trash. I'm a cotton/linen/wool boi.
>>
>>2031040
>>2033514
>If anyone recommends any unnatural fabric I throw that rec in the trash. I'm a cotton/linen/wool boi.

what do you use for a baselayer and as a rainproof? Wool baselayers suck compared to poly in my experience. Jeans can be good for hiking, but they really need to have 1-2% elastane, it makes a huge difference, 100% cotton denim sucks for any more intense activity + plumbers crack.
>>
>>2033917
What about wool as a base layer don't you like?
Merino is great and doesn't smell, but can be quite fragile when thin.
>>
>>2033514
Found another LARPer.
>>
>>2033930
>a spark burns through your plastic clothes
>have small holes everywhere like a junkie
>>
>>2033933
You're not helping your case.
>>
>>2033962
You're wearing plastic anon.
>>
>>2033929
He can't afford it.
>>
>>2033929
>What about wool as a base layer don't you like?
>>2033990
>He can't afford it.

it rips very easily, I like wool mix with poly (up to 40%), high wool % baselayer is very fragile compared to poly baselayers and there isnt that much difference in performance
>>
>>2024227
There's a reason jeans were invented in the western US, they are only good in dry climates
>>
>>2024760
This
>>
>>2025962
This is a good thing unless you're hunting. The last thing you want to do is startle a mommy bear or moose in the woods.
>>
>>2034037
The California Influence strikes again.
>>
>>2034037
>western us
>dry climates
youve never travelled west of the cascade range have you?
>>
>>2034158
It's dry from west texas to east oregon anon. The majority of the west is dry.
>>
>>2024227
>ITT mom-assed dads complaining their thunder thighs dont fit into their levis like they used to. sorry you ate too many triple quarter punder meals to be able to wear jeans comfortably anymore. i think some companies do offer a "relaxed" fit for those with size 40+ waistlines
>>
>>2034159
thats not the west thats just central america..
>>
>>2034162
No, that’s the west. Beyond that, past the Cascades or Sierras, is the West Coast. It has a defined rainy season followed by a season drought, ie a long period of no rain. It’s one of the reasons they suffer from yearly forest fires and why people strap shit you’d never want to get wet on the outside of their packs.
>>
>>2034185
it rains 364 days of the year here, dont post things you dont know anything about. copying from wikipedia doesnt count as knowledge

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.