[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Feel free to post tobaccos (no weed allowed), pipes, collections, pics of favorite combos for going /out/, pics of what you're doing with your pipe and any questions you might have.

Want to get into smoking pipes without spending too much cash?
Get a Missouri Meerschaum Legend corncob pipe and a pouch of either Prince Albert, Carter Hall or Half and Half tobacco, available at most drugstores.
What you'll need: pipe, tobacco, lighter or matches, pipe cleaners, and either a regular old nail or a pipe tool (combination tamper, scoop, and small pick).
All of these together should run you less than $20.

Having trouble keeping your pipe lit? Fill it with less tobacco and smoke it slower than you think you need to, lightly tamping as needed when the smoke starts thinning out.
If you're still having trouble, try filling your pipe this way:
https://youtu.be/0XHYPso7TXs

Old thread >>1971522
Come on in and get comfy.
>>
File: 1612194787331.gif (408 KB, 112x112)
408 KB
408 KB GIF
I have a pipe, looks like a it is carved out of briar, I bought it from a local smoke (not head) shop, but the establishment isn't exactly... Classy. The pipe has "Legendex" and "Italy" carved on it. I've tried to look up the brand online but haven't really found anything aside from some weird sellers. Any thoughts on this? Could this pipe fuck me up? Should I just get some corn pipes and look for a replacement?
>>
Never smoked a pipe. Looking to get a bent stem pipe because it looks comfy and its what my uncle had. What are some good brands, and how easy is it to get a non-plastic/resin stem?
>>
>>2023204
It's probably fine, just a no-name pipe maker is likely. I have a couple that are simply stamped "Made in England" and nothing more, possibly seconds considering the filler in some spots, possibly just unbranded.
>>
This >>2023212 guy again. I did my own research and found a pipe called the Peterson: Sherlock Holmes Dark Smooth Baskerville P-Lip. Wholy shit though, this thing is listed for nearly 150$, and its on sale! How much do you guys typically pay for similar pipes? Would you recommend this to a noob? I know Im being a little tarded' here but I'm bumping the thread.
>>
File: prince albert in a can.png (591 KB, 720x712)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
Thoughts? Should I let him out?
>>
>>2023393
Buy a misery murcheechchium pype instead. They re like $4 usd and thay are good 4 tobaco
>>
>>2023393
Get more into tobaccos than pipes and buy a mm
>>
>>2023393
Anon, if that's expensive, why are you looking at expensive pipes? Get a poorfag pipe like the others suggested or get a more budget orienteded version of what you want.
>>
>>2023514
>>2023551
>>2023630
I had an idea of a pipe in my mind and this was the closest I could find. I just want something thats short and will almost rest on my chin. You guys know of anything like that?
>>
>>2023393
youre paying 150$+tobacco money to get early cancer

get a corn cob pipe and be done with it
>>
Oomph
>>
>>2023393
I would not recommend this pipe to a noob and I love Peterson pipes. Get a Missouri Meerschaum. They smoke fantastic and they also make bent stem pipes. The Mark Twain style is a favorite of mine. Learn to smoke and clean your pipe. Learn what style and size you like. Also, learn what ghosting is and before you start smoking expensive pipes, decide what types of tobacco you want to smoke. I would recommend a MM with something like Captain Black White or Captain Black Blue. Sutliff also makes some decent tobaccos that new smokers would like. Smoke those and then if you like it, buy an English style tobacco. I buy a lot of my "expensive" pipes used at flea markets or on eBay and save a shit ton of money. Refurbishing them is a piece of cake and a smoked pipe is already seasoned and will run better. It is an awesome hobby.
>>
File: 14117379.jpg (37 KB, 500x357)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2023718
The Mark Twain. I also see the Legend on Amazon right now for $7 and it is a great smoker. I just prefer the MT because it has a larger bowl and when smoking some of the lighter aromatic blends, you are gonna burn through those smaller bowls in about 10-15 mins.
>>
>>2023514
>>2023551
>>2023718
>>2023728
Alright Ill get a MM. I wasn't going to buy the expensive pipe anyway, I'm more frugal than that. Thanks for the recommendations.
>>
>>2023634
There are way too many bent billiards, apples, brandies, etc to even list. Just read something about shapes and then check online retailers for something that fits your shape and budget requirements. I guarantee you're capable of this.
>>
>>2023124
holy larp
>>
>>2023756
What's the matter?
>>
Can someone explain what makes a pipe expensive?
I was just looking around a bit, looked up that chunky Dunhill pipe posted above here and saw that it goes for roughly 500 bucks. But there are also pipes running into the thousands.
But what makes a pipe worth/cost a thousand bucks?
>>
>>2023942
people are willing to pay it
>>
File: 1613671524598.jpg (244 KB, 1249x1010)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>2023124
Argh, trying to buy a pipe in my eurocuck country. Most known pipe tobaccos aren't available online and every image of tobacco is blocked by law. Also every pipe kit is sold-out and the boomers who sell these things make horrible sites (like you cant sort on price in a list of 600 items).

So that was my rant, so a small question. Are there any down sides to smoking from a straight vs bend pipe. My end goal is to smoke this summer on the couch in my backyard.
>>
>>2023204
mate, so long as it has a bowl and a mouthpiece it's not gunna kill you
smoke that shit
>>
>>2023204
Probably a “seconds” brand from one of the big pipe making factories in Italy. You’ll probably never figure out exactly who made it, but as long as it smokes well it doesn’t matter.

>>2023393
Go onto Ebay and look up used pipes and bid on the one or two that catch your eye.
Pipe smoking has been in decline for a century. Used pipes are everywhere, they’re cheap, and you can be choosy about condition. And if you’re willing to do some cleaning, you can get some fantastic deals on some really good pipes.

>>2023511
Up to you. He’s not my style, but he’s still got lots of other friends.

>>2023942
Dunhills are a huge brand and now collectibles. Other super expensive customs, people pay stupid money because they’re one of a kind things made by people who are famous in the pipe world.

>>2024076
Purely personal preference. Smoke what you like.
>>
File: file.png (109 KB, 324x243)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>2023124
I use these buttplug looking things to smoke.
i'm not gay, right?
>>
>>2024431
>he smokes a buttplug
I’ve got bad news for you, Anon...
>>
>>2024455
checked
but if it works, it works... right?
>>
>>2023393
hoy there, if you do not like the MM cobs, you still have other options, there are many starter kits 50 dollar on https://www.smokingpipes.com/

btw, for starters the bent might be a bit harder to use, but i recommend you to get one peterson pipe when you have learnd how to use a pipe. also you have to decide if you want to use a filtered or a non filtrered pipe, filers once again good for begginers

maybe look in to the Rossi brand which is if i recall Savinelli secons an that is a good brand, btw Rattray and Vauen is a well loved companyes for veterans to and they have pipes under 75 $, or just get a noname from some pipe shop, as i know USA has many of that
>>
>>2024431
It's been a while since I have seen a turbina, lmao we used to smoke weed at gigs with that shit
>>
>>2024458
And for some things better than others.
>>
Bros, I got a Savinelli churchwarden as my first pipe some time ago, it's very comfy and smokes well even if it's impractical
You should consider it if you are into longer pipes
>>
>>2023728
What sorts of light aromatics do you typically go for?
>>
File: unnamed (2).jpg (47 KB, 512x341)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>2023124
does anyone else here make their own smoke blends? sometimes I like more than just tobacco and I harvest a lot of my own herbs and use them to cook, drink and smoke.
pic isn't mine.
>>
>carving your initials into a (new) briar pipe

Based or cringe?
>>
>>2023942
Brand names and special designs like "gandalf pipe" or "sherlock pipe" are usually what drives it up. At the very least you should get one that isn't from China has sometimes they don't even treat the wood properly and you might suck up some finish.
>>
>>2024938
If you did it yourself, kinda cool. Make sure it gets passed down so your grandkids can then see your initials carved by your own hand.
>>
>>2024685
happy to hear that fren, do you have other pipes?
>>
>>2024938
based, but only if you do it well, and then you can repair the finish of the pipe, other wise it is cringe and barbar thing to do
>>
>>2024912
I grew some dagga last season, used it to cut my weed during lockdown to make it last longer. Also tried to grow some tobacco but it didn't take. This season I'll do dagga again (although I was disappointed overally), tobacco, weed, probably some other stuff too
>>
>>2025035
I've never tried Dagga nore tried to grow it, I mostly forage wilds mints, catnip, Amanita ( dried cap-skin ) mullien, mugwort, raspberry leaf and other pleasant smokes.
I've grown and taken henbane but only at the advisory and company of someone who really knows what their doing.
>>
>>2024912
I don't make my own blend with any purpose in mind. The closest I get is having two jars, one for aromatics and one for non-aromatics. When I'm jarring tobaccos for storage, or when I'm getting to the end of a package and there's not quite enough for a bowl, I'll just put it into whichever jar is appropriate and shake it up to mix it a bit. I'll occasionally load a bowl from the contents of one or the other, just to see how it's coming along.
>>
>>2023124
Bros, why has all the prince albert tobacco on earth sold out
>>
>>2023942
Its the craftsmanship, and the name. What makes a guitar worth thousands of dollars? *Mostly* those two things.

Expect any pipe you buy from a company like salvinelli to smoke well and to last a long long time.
>>
File: Amanita and Gnome.jpg (51 KB, 802x520)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2025104
Anon please tell me more about smoking amanita caps? That sounds delightful
>>
>>2023393
They virtually GIVE Peterson’s away, $150 is nothing! Missouri Meershaums are the pipe of choice for faggots who are normally just used to smoking cocks. And also for faggot hipsters who want to seem ‘authentic’. Only faggots smoke them. Peterson’s are ok though.
For tobacco start with tambolaka or tobacco rustica.
>>
>>2024938
Based if it is a Dunhill or Doctors etc.

Cringe if it is a cheap Peterson or Rossi etc.
>>
>>2024912
I blend lavender, chamomile and passiflora
It's a very relaxing blend but go easy on the lavender. I usually go for 3-3-1 the one being lavender
>>
>>2023661
>>2023766
Any other brands that make chunky pipes like? I love the Dunghill one but it's difficult to find anywhere and it appears to be upward of 400 dollars.
>>
>>2025599
Morgan Pipes have a few.
>>
What do you guys think of the Sparker zippo insert, which has a 45 degree angled electricity arc? I have doubts that it works well with pipe tobacco as you usually suck in the traditional flame to assist in lighting the stuff.
>>
Where to get a fairly affordable churchwarden that doesn't have the corn cob look and isn't made in china?
>>
>>2025771
Falcon have some churchwardens.
I have smoked all the other coolway pipes from falcon and they're great. Best budget pipes in my opinion. around 50$
>>
Which MM should I buy for a first? I know shape/size is personal preference, I think I'd like a straighter cobb at least to start
>>
>>2025781
Pretty cool, looks like it's on sale now on some UK site.
>>
thanks to these threads I grabbed a corn cob pipe over the summer and have been working my way through some captain black
I love the vanilla smell of the unburnt tobacco, and smoking it is nice at first, but I still inevitably hit the "now my mouth tastes like soot" wall that prevents me from enjoying cigars if I try to smoke a whole bowl
because of that I only ever do like a quarter bowl or half at most
is that just how I like pipes, or would a better/different tobacco suit me better?
shit gets REALLY bad if I smoke a whole bowl AND have a glass of bourbon (or worse yet: scotch)
That's when I start to get cotton mouth and wake up the next day hungover no matter how little I drank
>>
>>2025928
Well, smoke and heat really kill moisture. If you aren't drinking a little bit of water, then yeah, you'll probably have dry mouth. When you drink, you should unironically drink a cup of water every once in a while to prevent the inevitable hangover. High electrolytes before bed stops it completely, so I often used to get a Pedialyte and down the whole thing. Haven't drank for years and years though.
>>
>>2025928
Aromatics-and especially cheap ones like CB-aren’t the best things if you want to get some enjoyment out of your own smoking. They’re better for keeping the people around you happier.

When it comes time to make yourself happy, look for other blends that give you more flavor.
Among drugstore blends, try Half and Half or Carter Hall.
For premium blends, try Peterson 965, Royal Yacht, or Three Nuns.
>>
>>2025982
appreciated!
takes me long enough to work through it that premium is probably best
>>
>>2025768
You need a soft flame for the pipe, it's kinda a waste of money
>>2025771
I like Savinelli but they go for 80/100$
>>
How long does tobacco stay good?
I found a tin of some aromatic Peterson tobacco that must've been sitting there for at least 10 years in the back of a cabinet. It still has a fresh smell to it so it appears to be just fine.
>>
>>2026087
if it smells fresh, it probably is
>>
File: alsbo_gold.jpg (45 KB, 250x250)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>2024312
So I received my pipe today and pic related tobacco.

First time smoking a pipe (normally I smoke cigards) and fuck thats comfy!
>>
>>2026087
depends what it's stored in, how wet or dry it is when stored and what kind of conditions it goes through
hence why cellaring is a big deal, you want to keep tobacco stored in airtight containers in cool and dry places where you could theoretically keep it indefinitely to age
>>
smoking is bad for your health
>>
>>2026193
AND SO IS THE AIR AROUND YOU AKA COVID!!!!!1!11!111111111
>>
>>2026193
my angus you may tongue
>>
>>2024120
but smoking tobacco will kill you
>>
File: calabash.png (3.02 MB, 1500x1461)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB PNG
Any idea where I could get reasonably priced inserts for a calabash? I found one at an antique store for 6 bucks, it seems to be in pretty good shape, aide from the stem fitting loosely. But when I go online and look for the inserts, none of them seem to be the same size, and the pricing is really high.
>>
>>2026287
you must make it yourself
or pay for an expensive one that doesn't fit
>>
This may be a slightly dumb question, but how often do you guys smoke, and how much tobacco do you burn through monthly? I only smoke once or twice a week and I have a hard time getting through a tin.
>>
>>2026311
once every month.
im not getting cancer THAT easily.
>>
>>2026318
Is cancer really that likely? I've looked it up and it seems like the health risks associated with pipe smoking is very low compared to cigarettes.
>>
>>2026324
who knows
who cares
live life the way you want to
besides everything is bad without moderation
>>
>>2024912

I mix in some weed I grow with some really earthy tobacco.
>>
>>2026193

So you came here just to be a loser?
>>
>>2026116
Told you. Welcome.
>>
>>2025599
Grechukhin and Gregor Lobnik make some.

Mooshine and Neerup may also have some offerings in that neighborhood of shape that may interest you.

Pete Prevost may be another consideration.

For something under $100, Rattray Misfit or some various chunky models from Savinelli
>>
>>2026193
Many things are but thanks for your concern
>>
>>2026311
Not often, generally once a week when I want to feel comfy

>>2026324
Pretty uncommon compared to ciggies, I stand with >>2026330
>>
>>2025606
>>2026379
Thanks guys, all the online shops have a wide variety of brands but it isn't always clear what you can expect without going through endless lists of pipes.
Wish the lockdown would end already.
>>
>>2025781
Church wardens are the most neckbeard pipe you can buy. If you buy one you are a faggot and normal pipe smokers will hate you for perpetuating bad stereotypes about pipes being for losers.

Just buy a dildo to suck in public
>>
File: Einstein_1933.jpg (197 KB, 732x1000)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>2026374
Thanks senpai

So today I smoked an other bowl.

Wish my granddad was still around, he used to smoke pipes too (but unironical quit when I was born). I have so many noob questions I would like to ask him.
>>
>>2026664
Lmao look at this loser
>>
Any advice for someone just getting into using a pipe? What type of pipe should i buy and what type of tonacco should i use
>>
>>2026745
Frog Morton’s cellar
>>
>>2026664
You ever smoke from one? Any smoke from the bowl itself is extremely far away and the hand position is more comfortable for sitting on a stump or something like that, most positions I would say. I only ever smoke while camping anyway.
>>
>>2023124
What do you guys think about Mr. Brog's products? Czech people are pretty good at making guns, how about pipes and pipe accessories?
>>
I'm looking for tobacco to store in my BoB and I figure that kake is the only way to go. How long can tobacco kake last? I'm thinking of keeping it in a plastic baggy.
>>
>>2024912
I sometimes play around with tobacco when I've got a little of this or that remaining in a jar, and I'll toss it in together with some other stuff bought for the purpose, or just have it all mixed together. I only smoke english blends or single tobacco stuff, so there's no real wild contrasting flavours to spoil it.
>>
>>2023942
Basically a pipe is a hand made object that is made usually out of a selected grade of wood so when you buy one, you're paying for the material, the man hours spent, and the quality of the work. It's like a shotgun stock. You can get a perfectly cheap, useable, functional stock that's turned out by someone on a factory line en masse that will be perfectly fine, work well enough and do the job. Or you could pay for the bespoke, masterwork stock made out of the finest aged wood with the perfect grain, emebellished with silver and engravings and such, plus add a bit extra on top for the name and to keep the plebs away. Most of my pipes are factory seconds that smoke perfectly well and just have some minor cosmetic issues and fillings.
>>
>>2024938
Rather than carve, why not stamp your initials or name onto the bottom as a personal monograph? Bonus points for confusing collectors after you've died as to what these letters mean.
>>
>>2026664
The only issue with smoking a churchwarden when out and and about is the simple fact that it doesn't fit into a pocket well. No one cares what you do or what you look like.
>>
>>2025928
Several factors.

1. Strong alcohol strips away mucus and protective linings from your tongue and gums, thus leaving it more vulnerable to tongue bite from tobacco smoke. It's one of the reasons why people say you shouldn't smoke and drink as this raises the risk level of oral cancer. That said, it should be fine but you've got two extra problems here.

2. You're smoking an OTC aromatic. These are notorious for inducing tongue bite and bad taste even for careful smokers due to the way they put the flavour into the tobacco which basically means it'll be more likely to hurt your mouth. The only way to really avoid this is to have smaller pipes and to smoke low, cool and slow. And that brings us into issue number three.

3. You started last summer and you're working your way through some captain black. That suggests to me that you're a very novice pipe smoker and you're probably smoking too hard and having the tobacco be too hot. You also likely have let that pouch of tobacco dry out which will increase the risks of smoking hot and fast and also aggravate the tongue burn from the aromatic.

My advice would be to get something like a mild english blend, take it out of the tin, put it in a jar and then pack a pipe carefully, and smoke it as slowly and as cool as you can. If you have to relight often, that's fine. Practice on that a bit and see if you have any difference. Avoid spirits for the time being when smoking, or at the very least save them for the end of the pipe. If you want to still drink while smoking, stick to beer and such. Finally, as others have said, keep some water nearby to sip on as you go to both wash your mouth out and rehydrate your gums and tongue lining and also for the hangover issue.
>>
>>2026745
Pipe: something from Missouri Meerschaum. Their Legend is $8, available most everywhere, smokes great, and isn’t so huge that you’ll feel sick after a bowl.

Tobacco is purely up to you. If you want something available near you that is pretty good, look for Half and Half or Carter Hall.

>>2026770
Alas, Frog Morton went away a few years back. The owner of the company was old and wanted to retire, and no one else wanted to run the business.

>>2026701
Here’s something that helped me a lot. Most of it translates to other pipes as well

https://pipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_Corncob_primer

>>2026888
Mr Brog is Polish if memory serves. His pipes are great for beginners.
Don’t know anything about Czech pipes, but their pipe tools are standard among pipe smokers the world over.

>>2027268
You. I like you.
>>
So I know Missouri meerschaums are the general newfriend recommendation, but I don't want to wait for shipping with everything going on.
There are a few boomer cigar shops in my city as well as a fairly well known pipe maker (Blatter & Blatter, Montreal).
Should I hit up a few to see if they carry meerschaums? Or hit up the nice pipe maker and see if they have anything reasonably cheap?
Would prefer mid-length, fairly straight pipe. If there's anything with next day delivery on Amazon I'd scoop it up too
>>
>>2027592
Nevermind I found a Canadian site that sells them.
Next question: is one of their models specifically recommended over others?
>>
>>2027595
They’re all pretty good. Just get what you like.
>>
>>2027595
Since you’re in Canada, look up Brigham pipes.
They’re great quality and made in leafland, so may be cheaper than importing something from the USA. Maybe not, but it doesn’t hurt to look.

Also, if you want to get around tobacco import duties, order from 4noggins.com and keep the purchase under $75. They’ll mark it as something not taxed. They do not give a single fuck.
>>
>>2027602
>>2027605
Epic thank you for the information.
I ended up calling that old pipemaker in my city and of course they recommended their own pipes (starting around 80 maple dollars which isn't horrible) and said that Missouri meerschaums impart a taste onto the tobacco which he recommended against.
Personally would rather drop 20 bucks at first and buy a real pipe if I like it
>>
>>2026635
Wait, you're not able to go to the store to look at pipes? What the fuck kind of prison planet do you live on?
>>
What are your favorite better-than-drug-store aromatics?

Also, what are the non-aromatic blends you think everyone should have in their rotation? I'm a little out of the loop, and my old stash is running low. I want to branch out a bit.
>>
>>2027621
"Non-essential" shops are still closed until further notice. They can get a hefty fine if they open their doors for customers.
It's driving me nuts. This worthless lockdown been going on for far too long.
>>
>>2027661
I'll drop my political response and just say I'm sorry to hear that, and fuck the government for being so abusive.
>>
>>2027610
>Missouri meerschaums impart a taste onto the tobacco
they add a little sweetness, which burley blends benefit from. its unnoticeable with virginias and aromatics, and disappears within a bowl with latakia and lakelands.
>>
Char-then-light with a soft flame, or stick a torch to it for a few seconds?
>>
>>2027995
Soft flame 100%
>>
>tried out smoking a bit over a year ago and forgot about it
>have some cigars in a cheap acrylic humidor with a 63% boveda
>and a few tins and loose bag pipe tobbacos in tupperware with no boveda
>room is 75 degrees now, probably been everywhere from 60-85 since having them
I'm stupid and probably ruined everything, heck. I remember enjoying it but being annoyed with the wind when trying to smoke pipes. Hopefully I can salvage my tobacco...
>>
>>2027995
Char lights are a meme. Don’t do the faggot fire dance, just light your fucking pipe.
>>
>>2028368
When tobacco rehydrates, the flavor returns. Just saying.
>>
>>2028522
Funny thing is that my pipe rarely stays lit early on, any way, so it sort of makes me do this either way.

Light it, it goes out in a few puffs. Re-light, and it goes out again. Light again, and enjoy the rest of the bowl.
>>
>>2023124
Got a cob pipe as a gift last christmas but haven't used it yet. I wanna try it out but don't know what tobacco to get, and being eurofag I can't get the recommended brands. Got
any tobacco recommendations that are available in Europe?
Also, how differently does tobacco burn compared to weed? I know how to pack and smoke a glass weed pipe but I don't know how pipe tobacco behaves.
>>
>>2028630
no weed allowed FUCK OFF!!!!
>>
>>2028630
Watch some videos anon. It couldn't be more different from weed.
>>
>>2028630
I don't know what's available in Europe, but I do know there are some English companies which have been (and still are) making pipe tobacco for ages. So, you'll definitely have options.

My personal take is that I don't like much over $10 for a 50g or so tin, and try to go less for a pouch of a similar size. Most beginners are told to use shag or ribbon cut, but the flakes, cubes, and coins can just be rubbed out and used the same.

I say go to a shop, maybe say you're new, and ask the person what's a popular budget tobacco.
>>
>>2028776
50g is at least 50 leafbux where I live (((
>>
>>2028865
Oh good lord! The most I've paid for that much, in a special box of some anniversary edition tobacco is $25. Most name-brand tins are pushing it at $12. Rarely I'll get one for $15.
>>
>>2028651
why not? hitler was against marijuana smoking or something?
>>
>>2028905
Some folks are more passionate about it than others, but in the last thread when the topic was brought up and a few people were willing to discuss it somewhat rationally, it boiled down to this:

A lot of weed discussions tend to quickly gravitate to "OMG I got so high!" and basically that's it, just how high people get on weed, and it goes on and on, adding basically nothing to the discussion.

And no, I didn't see that sort of thing happening above, just a comparison between the two.
>>
File: 1606020929734.jpg (42 KB, 750x439)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>2028905
Ever been to 420chan? It's literally just
>dude post while high lmao
>oh post while dry :(
for literal years. It's fine if you enjoy weed but talking about it lowers post quality dramatically.
>>
>>2028630
If you don't mind flake cuts, the MacBaren Navy stripes are pretty good. Naturally sweet with honey and rum flavours but also a taste of wood and nuts. Definitely a joy to smoke for everyone.

Keep in mind that corn cobs are only semi disposable. They will serve you for a long time if you take care of them.
>>
>>2025570
not him, but the smoke is fairly pleasant w/ a nutty/earthy flavor. i've only added a little bit to pipe blends, joints of weed, and have also used it for making changa (google it).
didn't really get high, but there were really subtle "man, i feel good" feelings for a few hours. kind of like the giggles that you'll get at the start of a magic mushroom trip but way less in your face.
>>
>>2028941
dude weed lmao
>>
>>2029288
>but also a taste of wood and nuts
/cue immature giggling/
>>
>>2023766
Welp, I suppose that's one way to remove unsightly nose hairs.
>>
>>2029555
Trips of truth?

Also, you get to enjoy the room note before anyone else!
>>
>>2029555
Chunky pipes just look sexy.
>>
>>2026664
>>2027269
Somehow both of these posts are true. Just do what you like, but also know that you are also a faggot..
>currently have a Peterson bent apple
>resisted urge to get churchwarden
>considering a savinelli cutty for my /out/ pipe
I wanted a churchwarden because I study early modern British history and I got into this by reading, I shit you not, churchwarden accounts in undergrad. The churchwarden appeals to the renaissance scholar in me but cutty pipes take a nice middle ground and are more easily packed in a pocket. They do lack that certain gesture though. I already know I'm a huge faggot though so that part only sort of bothers me. The main drawback is that I can't champ a churchwarden and I can a featherweight cutty. Please advise.
Also, what lighter should I get? I refuse to spend more than ~$50.
>>
>>2030270
Soft flame? Clipper pipe lighter or the thunderbird insert for a Zippo, whether the pipe or normal insert.

I've also picked up a handful of very inexpensive soft-flame lighters which work well enough, and work as reliably and for as long as any expensive lighter I've ever owned.

Jet lighter?
Ronson all the way, or again, the Thunderbird or Zippo Blue insert (hey, I like the aesthetic but not the evaporating fuel). Similarly, I've picked up inexpensive gas station jet lighters which I've refilled, with less issue than some expensive lighters.

So ... Do a bit of reviews reading, and get something that seems like it will work with the way you want to carry it with you (like ... will pocket carry scratch a nice finish or scuff a leather portion? Will it be at much greater risk of its fuel button being pressed and venting the fuel?), that you like aesthetically, and fits comfortably in people's hands.
>>
File: 1556317239857.gif (1.71 MB, 216x160)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB GIF
>>2028651
>Anon asks a genuine question
>Autist instantly reeeeeeeees
Get anal cancer and kys yourself
>>
niqqas be really /out/ there using jet lighters on pipes lmao smdh
>>
>>2030656
Isn't there some old timer who's famous in the community for one reason or another who lights with a torch? Wish I could remember exactly who he is, might be some long smoking competition guy or something.
>>
>>2026287
Calabashes are the fedora's of pipes, which are an already perceived fedora-like hobby.
>>
>>2030656
Yeah found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMtHOAiO8CI
>>
>>2027582
>Missouri Meerschaum brand cobs are the only corncobs that I smoke, and the only ones I would advise anyone to use. I’ve tried other brands, but none had the quality of MM cobs.

Didn't even have to get passed the first sentence to see that this was written by MM shills.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.