[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Schleyer.jpg (18 KB, 179x255)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Alright missing 411 skeptics. Tell me how a hunter who's crazy enough and skilled enough to hunt Tigers in Russia gets taken out in Canada.
Tl:dr
Bart Schleyer hires a guide plane into the Yukon to hunt moose. Pilot returns but Bart is a no show. Pilot nopes out.
Mounties called in and find nothing. Freinds are concerned and fly their own asses in. Find his camp intact. Food and all. Later find boat. Find a dry bag with Bart's gear, bow, and quiver set up in a spot obviously meant to call in a moose. Later find bloody hat. Call in mounties again. They find some bone fragments. Pants intact with no blood. No other clothes. His food still left. No evidence of struggle.
>>
>>2022970
I mean a Moose probably charged and killed him. Not a hard stretch dude.
>>
>>2022970
>bloody hat
>bone fragments
>find pants
probably suffered from a head injury, blacked out, woke up hypothermic, wandered and stripped, and got eaten by bears or something.
>>
Life isn't a videogame
Grinding tigers in Russia doesn't raise your defense
You don't just outlevel predators and nature
Sometimes elite outdoorsmen just slip, bang their head on a rock and they're done
Sometimes people are just caught off guard and unprepared at the exact worst moment
>>
>>2023002
No signs of struggle. A moose trampling someone throws shit everywhere. Would explain being separated from his bow and quiver. Also no moose tracks. Mounties claim a grizzly got him.
>>
How the fuck does this 411 shit related to /out/? Take this bullshit to /x/.
>>
>>2022970
"In the distant wilderness of the Yukon Territory a pile of bear feces held the remains of Alaska outdoorsman and scientist Bart Schleyer, the Anchorage Daily News reports."

https://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/will-snyder/2007/09/scientists-remains-found-bear-scat/

IT MUST BE THE FUCKING SKINWALKERS AMIRITE ?
>>
>>2023015
And the grizzly just left all the easy to get food?
>>
>>2023009
desu I haven't watched the 411 docco yet because i'm lazy. But as others say dying from tripping and breaking something or hitting your head or dying from a grizzly/moose makes more sense then being killed by human.
If theirs no sign of stuggle that means he would have had to be shot? maybe in the head which Is why the hat is bloody and would have dropped him instantly. But if no bullet was found unlikely.
>>
>>2023018
A hunter would know not to leave his food out in the open and in a condition where it's giving off a scent that would attract animals
>>
>>2023021
>>2023023
>if I ignore key aspects of this case it's normal
Nice mental gymnastics.
>>
>>2023025
>if I ignore key aspects of this case it's normal
And what key aspect did i ignore?
>>
>>2023028
The food not being eaten above all else is extremely abnormal for a bear attack in that region. Especially for weeks.
>>
>>2023031
Did it happen in winter?
>>
>>2023042
How about actually reading the case? It Happened in September.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (58 KB, 786x678)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2023042
Ok timeline.

>September 14th Last seen by leaving float plane
>September 30th reported missing
>Location - Reid Lakes Canada's Yukon Territory 175 miles north of Whitehorse

Honestly this is right before hibernation and if you look on a map it's inland as fuck. The bears would be super desperate around this time.
>>
>>2023049
I am reading it faggot
This whole thing is a stretch is was definitely a bear
>>2023054
>>
>>2023055
or moose
>>
>>2022970
The real question is where can I get that hoodie
>>
>>2023095
try secondhand shops
>>
>>2022970
Chest OP there are easy explanations you trip and fall on the back of your head, you're done. Scavengers take care of the rest. Stop being so dramatic
>>
>>2023007
>>
>>2022970
>Tell me how a hunter who hunts dangerous animals gets killed by dangerous animals
>>
Tell me how I know you don’t go /out/ OP
>>
>>2023054
why did this hunter that was so experienced go hunting at a time when the bears would be so desperate?
>>
>>2023103
This. The simplest explanation is that bigfoots have infrasound guns that they use on you which fucks up your balance so you trip and bash your head.
When you're unconscious they alert the dogmen to come and eat you.
>>
>Pants intact with no blood.
I wonder if he got stomped by a moose then just eaten.
>>
Big game hunters get the tables flipped on them quite a lot. It’s not a safe hobby. Wasn’t just a few years ago that an experienced hunting guide got eaten by a bear outside of Jackson, WY.
>>
>>2023350
Correction: mauled by a bear.
>>
>>2023282
Could be as simple as slipping in a stream and then drowning. And then being eaten by skin walkers.
>>
>present a mysterious case
>it takes /out/ an hour and a half to solve the case and completely demystify it
also
>bloody hat
>bone fragments
>NO SINGS OF STRUGGLE
really makes you think
the bone fragments probably just fell off from him you know, like they normally do from healthy humans
>>
>>2022970
Think of how hard it is to find people outside. You couldn't even find the other missing 411 thread and it was right here:
>>2022410
>>
>>2023007
Mindless Netflix and Hulu consumption has made people entirely unaware of the fact that life in absurd and you can spent thirty years learning how to be a survivalist and then get whacked in the face and die from a falling tree limb.
>>
>>2022970
he got conscripted
>>
>>2023031
Do you not know about how to handle food in bear country? Its kept so bears cant smell or reach it. Any good hunter knows how to handle their food. No shit it wasn't eaten.
>>
>>2022970
i listened to david politius talk on coast to coast for hours, literally ~40 hours.

The truth about him and 411 is that it sounds good at first and there are some really compelling stories, but in the end there's really no connection between anything.

dave talks about people dying near water, but then he uses that to connect two disappearances that are quite obviously not related. He does this all the time and after awhile you just realize, "oh, this guy is full of bs" after that you cant listen to any more missing 411 no matter how much you used to enjoy it.

some of the stories that sound impossible (i.e. this four year old's shoes were found 10km away at the top of a mountain 5 hours after the disappearance) are either exaggerated or details are made up.
>>
>>2023706
>after awhile you just realize, "oh, this guy is full of bs" after that you cant listen to any more missing 411 no matter how much you used to enjoy it.
exactly what happened to me too
I kind of liked listening to the stories in the evenings and used to get really compelled by them
but after a while of digging I just realized that this guy is looking for something that isn't there
>>
>>2023706
What he talks about and what he writes are different. A lot of his talks get edited down and the host will try to guide or set up specific cases from different books like there's a connection.

The Bart Schleyer case stands out because of the person involved and the way the search was conducted. It comes off unprofessional like they didn't want to be there. And the food being left.
>>
>>2023672
>>2023007
Actual intelligent responses
>>
>>2023712
Same, used to listen to him a lot at work to pass the time but can't anymore
>>
>>2023007
>>2023672
Then how come everytime I shoot a squirrel a little "+1 EXP" appears above my head?
>>
>>2024890
>He didn’t pick the quick learn perk that would get him +2 exp each squirrel
>>
>>2022970
fuck that guy, i hope he suffered before he died.
don't kill tigers you giant asshole.
>>
>>2023168
Because that's when moose season is.
>>
>>2023712
Oh it's there all right, just more of an /x/ topic than an /out/ topic
>>
>>2022970
It should be a warning to people who break natural law. If you hunt and kill something, for sport, not food, you deserve to be hunted and killed for sport, not food. Natural law.
Humans think they are apex predators, they are not.
>>
>>2025157
OP is retarded. That photo is a darted tiger that they’re working on. He was a wildlife biologist after all.
>>
>>2025221
Cringe
>>
>curious about this
>check out the location
>it's only 22km from Stewart Crossing and the highway
>there's a trail leading to within 2 km of the lakes
>he chartered a float plane to fly him in

lmao, that pilot must have been laughing his ass off the entire flight
>>
>>2025354
>22km with two weeks worth of food and hunting gear and the possibility of having to pack a fucking moose out
Sounds easier that hiring horse packers.
>>
>>2025354
Ya hike in a kayak 22km. Fucking larper.
>>
>>2025221
Good lord my dog saw this over my shoulder and started laughing
>>
Maybe he ate some wild mushrooms and got naked and tried to seduce a moose
>>
The wackiest part of all of this for me is learning that there are tigers in russia

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.