[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1599948106106.gif (1.8 MB, 538x403)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB GIF
Hey guys, so I'm currently recovering from surgery. I'm going to be basically bedridden for the next 5-7 weeks. Is there any ways you guys know of that I can still enjoy the outdoors and not go crazy being stuck inside? I'm planning a solo backpacking trip as soon as I'm able so I've been living vicariously through planning for that.
>>
>>2022953
You um, you go outside
>>
>>2022974
But I can't walk?
>>
>>2022953
To be clear, you're looking for /out/-related shit to occupy your mind while you're stuck in bed?
>>
>>2022979
yeah something that isn't just gearfagging and consooming
>>
>>2022974
>bedridden
Anon, I...

>>2022953
Get really really really good at geoguessr.
>>
What kind of surgery?
What exactly is wrong with you atm?
>>
File: OP.png (50 KB, 1242x660)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>2022953
>>
Just make ten more larp threads and declare victory
>>
play the long dark for 100 hours
>>
>>2022978
>I can't go out
>how do I out?
/thread
>>
>>2022953
You could read foraging books and learn about different animals that are in the area you plan to go backpacking. That way your backpacking trip could be doubly enjoyable when you find cool stuff. Or the history of the areas you'll be walking through, it can be cool to stand there and think "whoaa a big battle happened in this same spot".

Make sure to wiggle your toes and shit while bed ridden, anything to avoid or at least lessen your muscles deteriorating into nothing. Otherwise you'll find that backpacking trip pretty impossible once you're healed. Even something as small as just lifting your arms can help. As long as the muscles are in use in some way.
>>
Use this time to reflect on the fact you would have died from this a thousand years ago
>>
>>2022953
do you fish?
maybe a good time to learn fly tying
>>
>>2022953
Read Dead Redemption 2
>>
>>2022953
I dunno anon. Is there any part of Washington state that you want to see? Maybe I'll check it out and take pictures for you or make a video of it. I got lots of free time and a van that can go anywhere
>>
>>2022953
If youve got access to a window and youre not in a city hellscape, birdwatching is fun. Try IDing all the ones you see, a physical field guide or the Audubon website is good for that. Setting up some birdfeeders and birdbaths will get you more species coming through.
>>
File: 1605170440552.jpg (25 KB, 450x362)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2022953
Play don't starve

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.