[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Untitled-8-min.png (402 KB, 1080x608)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
Title basically. Call me a tree hugger all you want, I love nature and I hope it thrives after we're gone. What do you think?
>>
I think we should pave fire road width trails, even in wilderness areas, and add bridges to make all trails, where possible given the terrain, comply as much as possible with the goal of high accessibility and enjoyment of the great outdoors for as many people as possible.
>>
File: Untitled.png (230 KB, 400x733)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
well /out/, how deep is your ecology?
>>
>>2019969
Too bad most of the megafauna is already gone
>>
>>2019969
I think you should actually go outside for once mentally ill basement dweller.
>>
>>2019979
Deep, anything beyond that is too extreme.
>voluntary human extinction movement
I guess there are all kind of schizos out there.
>>
>>2019969
you don’t have to hope. it will and it will flourish in new and unforeseeable ways like after every extinction event.
>>
>>2019969
Don't give up hope. Humanity is the best hope for Earth life to spread onto another planets, possibly in another solar systems. Earth itself won't last indefinetily, you know
>>
>>2019995
stop projecting, just because you haven't gone out since that girl told you "no" doesn't mean the rest of us are also inside.

and also I live in the attic so fuck you.
>>
>>2019979
What would be really the difference with humanity would voluntarily die out? So would other species, in time. It wouldn't really change anything in the grander scale of things
>>
>>2020011
>angry virgin noises
>stop projecting!!11
kek
>>
Another enviroturd who hates the environment
>>
There are many, many humans who don't deserve the air they breath.
>>
>>2019975
I think you should kill yourself mama's boy faggot
>>
>>2019979
Deep. Since we came from earth, we have a right to exist here, but we are too destructive. The earth will balance itself out eventually, since we won't change our ways as a species.
>>
>>2020056
Just stop posting.
>>
File: 1577121841423.jpg (126 KB, 400x728)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>2019999
>Deep, anything beyond that is too extreme.
what level is pic related called?
>>
>>2020079
Based and cyberpunkpilled deep.
>>
After widespread crop failure we will be pushed back to pre-agriculture population numbers.
There will always be enough food, just not for 8bil lol.
>>
Once modern civilization collapses, it will be even worse. It will be like the bronze age, 95% of land under the plow, only the most inhospitable areas spared. Basically you are fucked
>>
File: sesamealley.jpg (76 KB, 720x610)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>2019975
Paving paths will destroy the Environment and no one will be able to enjoy the outdoors. Faggots like you are the ones who destroys hobbies by making it accessible to everyone, and destroy what was fun in the first place. Vidya games, hunting, weapons, anime, once people like you try to bend the environment around you to "make it accessible for everyone" it ruins everything.
The outdoors are fun because it has no human infrastructure, it's not the fucking trails that's so fun.
>>
this is the dumbest fucking thread i've seen on this board and that makes it pretty fucking dumb
>>
File: 1597218600304m.jpg (94 KB, 1024x622)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
My prediction is that IF humanity whipes itself out it will be due to a general systems collapse brought on my habitat destruction. The remaining flora and fauna will thrive without us but it will be a horribly depauperated ecosystem in terms of diversity. Everything will be evolutionary decendents of a handful of species that were either flexible enough to adapt and fill niches as they reappear. or decendents of species that benefit from human driven ecosystems. Like most the avian population with be subspecies of either corvids or Canada geese. Most the ungulate population will be subspecies of whitetail deer, most the plant life will be mono-cultures of foreign introduced plants, and fast pioneer species like aspen and grasses. Etc.
Even if you look at the biodiversity of the pre-undustrial era it was already significantly narrowed down from what we had in the Pleistocene by human hunters
>>
>>2020652
The geological record suggests that there have been several mass extinctions throughout the history of the world. Diversity recovers just fine. New species evolve fill a niche in the ecosystem. All mammals that have lived on earth have been evolutionary descendants of small rodents that survived when the dinosaurs got wiped out.
>>
>>2019979
I'm whatever depth "I wish corona-chan had a death rate of 35%" is.
>>
>>2020652
>>2020682
The ecosystems will be well functional in a few million years, but I agree the actual diversity is the biggest issue. Sure, roles can be filled, but I agree that most will be filled by a few species that split very recently.
Our species separation goes tens and in some cases more than hundre million years back, in roles that are similar.
Some really old lineages are dead or will die in near future. Tuataras is one example that comes to mind. Well, it wouldn't have laster forever anyway, but without humans they could still have millions of years left. Now we've left them in a position where they'll die out very soon and they're completely dependent on continued human effort for surival.
>>
>>2020682
>>2020746
Well yes. EVENTUALLY the diversity would return. But yeah, we'd be talking millions of years, not tens of thousands.
>>
>>2020743
funny you should mention that just now
>>
>>2021093
What difference does time make in this scenario? We’re all dead. Nature’s got nothing but time. Time to wait us out. Time to fill back out. Time, time, time. It’s ephemeral and constant. It’s entropy and creation. Tiiiiiiiiime.
>>
>>2019979
Superficial but unironically, but I also agree with the points made at shallow and hip deep.

Rest is just retarded memes.
>>
>>2019969
Feel free to do your part and kill yourself if you hate humanity that much.
>>
File: file.png (4.36 MB, 1920x1080)
4.36 MB
4.36 MB PNG
>>2019969
Watch Life After People.
Read The World Without Us.
>>
>>2020682
Ew a Gaia hypothesis faggot. Become Medea hypothesis pilled, life is inherently suicidal
>>
I'm glad you don't have any power because youre a genocidal maniac.

Who should die first? Maybe you should start us off
>>
>>2019979
Hip deep. I was hoping covid would kill more people
>>
>>2019969
It's not gonna wipe itself out. This is on the same level as "muh happening" /pol/ fags. It never happens. Get over it.
>>
>>2019969
Humans are custodians of creation and many ecosystems would collapse without our input
>>
>>2019969
It wont, you're stupid for even thinking this.
>>
>>2019979
Deep for sure. We need so much less of humanity on Earth. Something should happen fast as well, like sterilizing all of Africa and probably most of India and China.
>>
File: retard.gif (841 KB, 350x262)
841 KB
841 KB GIF
>>2024783
>>
>>2019969
Humanity is part of nature so it is impossible
>>
>>2024850
Read a forest management book
>>
>>2019979
Deep
>>
File: 5thSacredThing.jpg (433 KB, 1000x597)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>2019969
We need to live with nature not opposed to it. I hope nature reclaims the earth but I hope we're there helping it.
>>
>>2023502
Don't need to, humans are going to self destruct regardless.
>>
>>2024918
Forests have been thriving for millions of years without "management"
>>
>>2024824
Why do you care about the wilderness of these shitholes more than the wilderness of your own ancestral land?
>>
>>2024925
That doesn't look like nature, it looks like a shitty botanical garden
>>
>>2020079
lol. "sounding".

This is so cringe, though. None of this shit has any value in the absence of humans, because humans are the only ones who assign value to it. Do you think the planet gives a fuck about ecology? It doesn't give a fuck about anything. It's a planet, dude.
>>
File: 1613835486990.jpg (84 KB, 674x859)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>2019979
Radically deep kek
>>
>>2019979
>ascended
the only way to prevent the destruction of nature is to destroy it so that nothing else can

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.