[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Alaska_map.jpg (292 KB, 1710x1448)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
Any Alaska anons? We need to go long on this investment. The planet is getting warmer. This will open up most of the interior and north to activities such as gold & silver mining, oil, timber, you name it.

How do we create an autist break away society in the Last Frontier?
>>
Oh boy, it's this thread for the fifth time this week.
Can we just make an Alaska General for all the clueless hipsters who suddenly decide they want to move there?
>>
>>2019519
>we
post picture proof you live in alaska or fuck off
>>
>>2019523
yes gib us alaska
>>
File: 1613236547461.jpg (82 KB, 1078x804)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>2019525
nigga i'm tryna move to alasa what u smoking
>>
how much has (((chris))) tainted Alaska's image?
>>
>>2019552
It actually was a moose and the hunters were legitimately retarded. The reason most "outdoorsmen" are triggered by mccandless is because mccandless had the balls to do what they never could.
>>
>>2019551
Lmao a larper and you can't even figure out how to move
>>
>>2019672
What? Die in a bus?
>>
>>2019672
yeah I wish I had the balls to burn all my money and commit really elaborate suicide by mental via idiot decisions
>>
Why is everyone so obsessed with Alaska? Why the hell would I choose some artic shithole with grizly bears as my destination?
>>
>>2019714
>>2019743
You will never leave 4channel
>>
>cold, dark, wet
>mosquitos
>no women
>peak /out/ only lasts for one month
>everything is expensive
Yeah I’m thinking Alaska kinda blows anon
>>
>>2019794
Alaska is the furthest you can run away from yourself and not leave the country
>>
>>2019551
*looks up black slang words to use online to appear black*
Make it less obvious how white you are
>>
>>2020015
He paid money to go to college to learn to hate himself for being white
>>
Where's a good place to get land in alaska? I'm looking and some of these places are like 26k for 5 acres which is really good but there's not a road for 50 miles.
>>
>>2020117
Why don't you go to Alaska and look around basement boy
>>
>>2020129
Have a kid and stay at home wife. Can't just up and leave.
>>
>>2020136
Are you pretending to be retarded to fit in here?
>>
>>2019904
you don't have to call me out like this bro
>>
>>2019519
good luck on finding the nearest village or city to kidnap women for reproduction
>>
>>2019552
If it wasn't a moose what was it....?
>>
>>2020946
Skinwalker
>>
>>2019882
>"You will never leave 4channel," typed the burly mountain man while hiking out in the pristine wilderness, disconnected from civilization.
>>
>>2019519
>The planet is getting warmer.
Is it?
>>
>>2021909
The fact that it's getting colder proves that it's getting warmer according to Bill Gates, climate scientist
>>
>>2021954
Retard
>>
>>2019519
Alaska sounds like a place you visit, because I'm 99% sure almost the entire state sucks ass to actually live in. Why not go to a place like Montana or Arkansas if you want to larp as a survivalist but still have an easy way to get help if you need it.
>>
>>2019519
Alaska getting warmer is terrible for the state, and all the industries you listed already exist regardless of the cold weather. Also, the Alaska autist colony has been talked about for years without ever actually happening.

Here is what happens when Alaska gets warm:
>unstoppable forest fires
>landslides
>melting permafrost
>more mosquitoes
>spruce bark beetle
>mud
>impossible winter river travel
>glacial flooding
>>
>>2024353
but what about all the gold
>>
>>2024353
>Muh global warming

When will the collegeboy realize that he paid $100,000+ and 4 years of his life to become a retard? Never! Lmao
>>
File: Southeast Alaska.jpg (138 KB, 450x600)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
I heard pic releated is the best region if you don't mind the rain and love to fish. Is this true?
>>
>>2024596
Alaska was warmer than Texas the other day. If you go there you can see the glaciers melting.
>>
>>2024461
Any amount you can get out of the ground without a couple backhoes, sluiceboxes and a commercial-grade water pump has been mined out decades ago.
>>
>>2024596
Probably around the same time you learn to breath without drooling.
>>
Ive got a 7 year plan to move to Alaska (its the ultimate /out/ state). Is it going to be ruined by the time I get there?
>>
File: iPhone11_storage_00202.png (361 KB, 679x463)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>2024737
I used to live in Whitehorse, a "city" in Canada near pic related and it was autistic. ergo, i disagree.
>>
>>2024596
I never said anything about global warming, retard. I was pointing out that if climate change is a real threat Alaska is not a good place to go. I have experienced both warm and cold years here while personally assisting with recovery from the events I have mentioned. They tend to happen in warmer years.

I also got paid to go to school in a STEM field but dropped out to become a tradie, so no, I am not in the ifls crowd. I have no clue what caused it, but Alaska has actually become warmer over the last few decades. You can look at the data yourself, but everyone around me looks back on the good old days when the rivers ALWAYS froze enough for travel in November, instead of freezing in either late November or December now. There are trails no longer in use due to the less consistent weather as a testament to the warming of the state.

>t. climate change skeptic
>>
>>2025234
College retard paid money to learn the global warming hoax. Congrats you have proven you will believe anything they tell you to. That's what your diploma means. Baaaaaaa
>>
>>2025264
Is this bait or did you not read my post? Not a single thing you just said makes sense.
>>
>>2025264
dumb nigger, read his shit
>>
>>2025403
I'm not reading some collegeboy cognitive dissonance, once they start talking about global warming, the wage gap or systemic racism you can tell they don't have an original thought
>>
>>2024353
>>unstoppable forest fires
>>landslides
>>melting permafrost
>>more mosquitoes
>>spruce bark beetle
>>mud
>>impossible winter river travel
>>glacial flooding
This will definitely keep the sub humans out, sounds good to me
>>
>>2019523
Fucker there is reincarnated pioneers
>>
>>2024885
Well yeah glaciers are always melting. That’s what they’ve been doing since the last ice age when they were formed and will continue to do until the next ice age when they grow again.
>>
>>2026425
Too bad it's getting colder retard
>>
>>2026474
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/145185/major-greenland-glacier-is-growing

https://strangesounds.org/2019/06/glacier-national-park-glaciers-growing.html

Another normal person who paid $100,000 plus to become a retard. Lmao even NASA admits glaciers are growing
>>
>>2026474
>its just cyclical, global warming is a hoax it was colder here in 1912
you sound like my rich oil industry relatives
>>
>>2026524
Yes don't listen to rich people listen to poor people
>>
File: 9ngaMPI.jpg (24 KB, 790x593)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>we will just all move up north
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the soil will not support you.
>>
>>2026541
Are you black¿ You must be because everyone else learned how to amend soil
>>
>>2026554
No, I'm a white man with a degree in agronomy. The amount of amendments that would need to be brought in to sustain large scale agricultural development are so massive as to be impossible.
>>
>>2026593
Yep. There are a few places where farming is viable, but almost all of those spots are taken. I know of small amounts of cheap farmable land but I would never, ever recommend it to 4chan autists.

The real Alaska strategy is hunter gatherer style subsistence. This involves berries, fishwheels, dipnets, and game. The natives have done it, so it is certainly possible and much much easier than farming, but still very difficult to pull off. You must procure and preserve A LOT of food to last the year. The methods used vary by region. Natives are allowed to do this kind of thing and can often feed themselves year round, but it is illegal for a white man to use the same methods as the natives. Without being a native you cannot feed yourself legally, and you will be caught if you try poaching. Additionally, natives are suited to a diet of muktuk and eskimo ice cream while white people simply are not accustomed to the diet and often throw up trying to eat raw meat.

>tl;dr farming isn't viable and only natives can get around that issue
>>
>>2022314
Arkansas is full please do not direct more retards here

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.