[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1612836513562.jpg (116 KB, 750x744)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Old Thread: >>>2007019

USDA Hardiness Zone Map: https://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/
Koppen Climate Map: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/K%C3%B6ppen_World_Map_High_Resolution.png

Search terms:
Agrarian, Agriculture, Agrology, Agronomy, Aquaculture, Aquaponics, Berkeley Method Hot Composting, Cold Frames, Companion Planting, Composting, Container Gardening, Co-operative Farming, Core Gardening Method, Cultivation, Deep Water Culture (DWC), Dry Farming, Espalier, Farmer's Market, Forest Gardening, Forestry, Fungiculture, Geoponics, Greenhouses, Homesteading, Horticulture, Hot Boxes, Hugelkultur, Humanure, Hydroponic Dutch Bucket System, Hydroponics, Keyhole Garden, Korean Natural Farming, Kratky Method, Landscaping, Lasagna Gardening, Ley Farming, Market Garden, Mulching, No-till Method, Ollas Irrigation, Orchard, Permaculture, Polyculture, Polytunnels, Propagation, Rain Gutter Garden, Raised Beds, Ranch, Rooftop Gardening, Ruth Stout Garden, Sharecropping, Shifting Cultivation, Soil-bag Gardening, Square Foot Gardening, Stale Seed Bed, Straw Bale Gardening, Subsistence Agriculture, Sugar Bush, Truck Farming, Vermiculture, Vertical Gardening, Window Frame Garden, Windrow Composting

Alpaca, Animal Husbandry, Antelope, Beefalo, Black Soldier Fly (BSF), Brushturkey, Cattle, Cavy, Chickens, Coypu, Crayfish, Curassow, Dairy, Deer, Donkey, Dove, Duck, Emu, Feeder Insect, Fish, Game Bird, Geese, Giant Guinea Pig (Cuy), Goat, Grouse, Guan, Guineafowl, Hedgehog, Heliciculture, Honey Bee, Iguanas, Llama, Ostrich, Partridge, Pheasant, Pigeon, Pig, Poultry, Quail/Bobwhite, Rabbits, Sheep, Silkworm, Snail, Toad, Trumpeter, Turkey, Worm

Resources:
General Info & Anon-created Guides: https://pastebin.com/Mvfh8b87

/an/cord collapsed in November, use the successor discord instead: discord.gg/VX5fQ5qkBt

Archives:
1-191:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5e8dcue3a9e1wzg
192-201:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i45hpg3h46rraw
>>
File: 1527269560860.jpg (236 KB, 680x497)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
33 days until spring I hope you have your shit together.

>>2013904
discord is for fags and trannies
>>
>>2013224
Yes, two days ago. And the basil babies already sprouted and made me very happy.
>>
If I don't have any small, local hardware stores in my town, where should I buy my planting supplies? Between Lowes and Home Depot, are either remotely close to being /ourguys/?
>>
File: 1547935911057.jpg (103 KB, 615x536)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
reminder that literally everybody on the discord server is a flaming homosexual who wants to do nothing but suckle on other mens peepees
>>
>>2013936
look for garden centers and nursery/greenhouse supply stores.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get Jade vine seeds from?

Anyone have one or know of one local to them?
I'm in the UK and looking for viable seeds.

e-mail me at l_____________@hotmail.com
doesn't matter where you're from I'll pay shipping and even more if you can prove they are germinated before you post them.
>>
>>2013936
nurseries are all you need. home depot and lowes are both great places to find material, you dont need 4chans permission to go shopping
>>
>>2014098
No idea. You just reminded me though of the time I got a jade vine for my birthday and it slowly died. Every night I was kept awake by the sound of the leaves falling off. ):
>>
>>2014138
Were you sleeping in the conservatory or outside with it?
>>
I had a brain wave! Kinda. Old PC cases are stacking up in a corner, and I was thinking of using them as planters with one side taken off. A regular mini tower is about 17" square and about 7" depth. At that kind of size, are they only good for herbs? Or are there other veg / fruits that would be ok in there?
>>
>>2014313
you can grow a lot of stuff in 6 inches of dirt. Leafy greens, radishes/turnips, anything with a shallow root system.
>>
>>2014331
gotcha thanks, may as well use them for something, wasn't sure there would be enough nutrients in a small area like that. Might think about butting them up to each other to double the area (rear of pc case is mostly gaps).
>>
>>2014331
Ginger or any other rhizome plants would grow well in shallow soil
>>
>>2014334
You would have to water and feed regularly though with containers that size.
>>
Hello retard here, question: Will a plant always be fucked if the stem breaks? One of my seeds had an accident recently and I'm unsure of what its fate will be. I'm 100% ngmi
>>
>>2014339
>>2014335
Thanks for the clues, might think about stacking them or something to get a bit more volume to it. Have 3 midi size and 2 full size towers to play with. Will probably try it just to get the damn things out of the house. Will see what I can configure.
>>
>>2014342
What plant? How much damage?
>>
>>2014363
Morning glory, stem broke off
>>
>>2013936
Big box stores tend to be more expensive for gardening
>>
>>2014395
Morning glory is fine, it's a vine so a broken stem just convinces it to split at that spot into two vines instead of one
>>
>>2014395
>>2014635

depends on how far along it is but yeah they have a chance to survive. Just dont water it as much and wait to see if it come back.
>>
>>2013900
Any good, recommended books on building and using a greenhouse? I live in the snowbelt, so the conditions are harsh for any type of farming.
>>
do strawberries prefer a deep or a shallow container?
>>
>>2014952
What do you mean by using a greenhouse? What zone/climate are you in?

>>2015109
They are shallow rooted plants and dont need much soil. What king of container are you looking at.
>>
Been applying to farming internships to try and get some hands on experience this year. I'm also wondering about this online "beginning farmer" courses several universities offer. Anyone have experience with these?
>>
>>2015119
Growing throughout winter, but if that isn't possible then just extending my gardening season. I'm in 4a-3b.
>>
https://led.ecopowerinc.com/hid-led-conversion
Is this accurate?
I'm trying to understand the relationship between true wattage for LEDs and an average for Watts per square foot for growing plants

I understand the concepts separately, but when people talk about true wattage for plants, are they saying you should have 30 true watts per square foot or 30 watts/sqft for other types of lighting?

I feel like a 100w (true) led has less output than a 100w HID/HPS, right?
>>
>>2015246
That chart looks like it was designed to sell you LEDs.
Wattage isn’t important until you consider your electric bill. Lumens is all you should care about. There’s an inverse square law of moving the light further away from what it’s pointed at and the lumens decrease exponentially.
Other than comparing a discharge lamp against an LED with a light meter, I wouldn’t necessarily trust what the LED sellers are trying to throw at you. I’m sure vast improvement has been made over the last decade but my first experience with LED grow lights were that they sucked compared to even a generic (not optimized for plant growth) sodium lamp.
>>
>>2015119
2 maybe 3 plants in a 3'x6" container
>>
>>2015394
6 inches of depth is plenty. You could fits lots of strawberries in that
>>
>>2015385
>Lumens

completely fucking useless for growing. you need to look at PAR/LUX
>>
>>2015246
>Is this accurate?
Considering this article seems like it's for general lighting I'd have to say no, Plants need a few magnitudes more light than humans do
>I'm trying to understand the relationship between true wattage for LEDs and an average for Watts per square foot for growing plants
There is no real relationship.
LED efficiency varies wildly, some are less efficient than HID/HPS while others can be close to 3x. Lesser LED manufactures will often not speak about efficiency (for a good reason) which is one of the most critical metrics when sizing a light
The 30w/sq ft is a VERY general rule in this aspect
>I feel like a 100w (true) led has less output than a 100w HID/HPS, right?
Depends on the LED.
For a cheap blurple Amazon special or an ancient Kind LED it very well could be less light
For a quantum board, chip-on-board or high-efficiency midpower, any of these would output much more than the HID

>>2015385
> but my first experience with LED grow lights were that they sucked compared to even a generic (not optimized for plant growth) sodium lamp.
If you got into LEDs a decade ago, you got shafted fucking hard. Not only did a lot of them not even match HPS in terms of efficiency, you also got less light output because the fixture used less power.
Things are defiantly better now, if your an old timer you still might struggle because new LEDs do require an environment and nutrient change
>>
>>2013900
is there something like the dewy decimal system or isbn system but for seeds?
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 225x224)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Hey guys. Idk if this is the right place to ask, but I've been trying to grow some mushrooms. I made a block of gold oyster with sawdust, coffee and wood chips. It colonized pretty good and i cut slits in the bag around a month ago. But goddamn I can't get the things to fruit. Any advice?
>>
>>2015875
Keeping moist?
>>
>>2015662
>Family, genus, species.
What more do you want?
>>
>>2015875
Are you exposing it to light?
>>
>>2015875
Getting enough fresh air exchange?
>>
>>2015139
I wish I had time for that at this point in my life. We have an organization here called mofga. They have an apprentice program thats supposed to be useful.
>>
>>2015894
>>2015932
>>2015935
Like real mushrooms. Mushroom poster will pop up under the appropriate conditions.
>>
File: IMG_20210216_125306.jpg (1.28 MB, 1274x2367)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
update: despite the temperatures dropping to 0°C in the last 2 nights the trees that have bloomed are undamaged
>>
>>2015938
Only one (you) from me. I'm the imposter
>>
>>2015962
Trying too hard
>>
>>2016024
what does that mean?
>>
>>2016027
The Larp
>>
>>2016024
Are u scared?
>>
File: IMG_20210216_125521.jpg (1.11 MB, 1739x2560)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>2016029
I'm larping as what exactly?
>>
>>2015935
>>2015932
>>2015875
Moisture, light, and air are all important. What's more important is temperature, you need to drop the air temp by about 3-5F to trigger a flush. Move the block to a colder spot
>>
>>2016024
>>2016029
DC anon please go
>>
>>2016024
still better than being a boomer who can't get hard, like you
>>
>>2016024
U scared
>>
>>2016029
Why the fuck is everything a 'larp' on this board. stfu hahaha
>>
File: 512oGqK7NQL._AC_SL1200_.jpg (51 KB, 1148x1200)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Anyone have a hawkbill knife? They actually any good for harvesting? Was thinking of grabbing one of these cheap things.
>>
File: 20210216_161103.jpg (3.27 MB, 4032x3024)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
My tomato plants are looking good and healthy. They just started flowering. Idk why you guys were being so dramatic over my shitty lights a couple threads ago
>>
File: 20210216_223051.jpg (1.58 MB, 4032x1816)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>2016372
Yes and Yes
Can be hard to sharpen though
>>
>>2016569
Could wrap a lil foil sheeting or sowmthing reflective around just to maximise light
>>
>>2016569
your shit lucks fucked leggy and week. Enjoy your shitty small and probably bland tomatoes.
>>
>>2016608
hey! be nice ...
>>
>>2013900
I have lot of ashes from peat/wood fires dont know how to properly use them. Does anyone know a ratio I can add them to pots or beds?

I also have a lot of composted manure and Im not 100 percent sure but I think about a third of my pot having manure sounds right with the rest being ordinary compost.

Does this correct? Is it too much?
>>
File: basedDuck.jpg (204 KB, 667x1000)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
Hey bros, I am just closing a deal for 1~ acre in south east Ontario (Close to Ingleside). I plan on building a 2 story house for my wife and future children, but I will still have a lot of land left over. Anybody here have that 1 acre farmland picture? I couldn't find it online, maybe I am retarded.

Apart from that, any recommendations on what to farm in my little acre? I plan on having ducks just because I like duck eggs. What might be a good combo? I am just starting out my research on this so no bully plz, never browsed this general until now.
>>
>>2016709
Make your own compost. Plant some fruit trees. Get a greenhouse or pollytunnel and you can grow pretty much whatever you want in it. Fruits, vegetables or flowers. You can start your flowers early in greenhouse and then plant them around your house into hanging baskets or pots.

If you like ducks make sure to build them a little pond and get them a drake. Chickens and ducks both do better with a male who establishes the pecking order and protects them. Also you can get duckings and chick's which are cute.
>>
>>2016709
>>2016762

Piggybacking but maybe try beekeeping, too? The pollinators will love your fruit trees.
>>
File: 1586224226746.jpg (761 KB, 1868x1515)
761 KB
761 KB JPG
>>2016709
I have no experience with ducks myself and you might already be aware, but apparently runner ducks are much better layers than "normal" ones, if eggs are all you want
>>
>>2016709
This one?
>>
File: khakibois.jpg (140 KB, 1024x585)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>2016762
I was considering a greenhouse, I would like to grow vegetables throughout winter as well if possible. Wife loves flowers so I'm sure she would put it to use, too. Thanks for that idea.

>>2016880
Beekeeping has always been interesting to me, but wouldn't 1 acre be too small? I hear that bees actually need a lot of space contrary to popular belief... Also with small children in the future, not sure if I want to deal with bee stings every year. Kind of a bummer because honey makes great profit in this area.

>>2017148
I was going to get some khaki ducks. Would runners be better than that? I read an article that said khaki's make even more eggs than runner ducks, but not too sure if it was too credible.

>>2017192
Yes bro that's the one! Thanks a lot.
>>
File: How to Compost.png (1.1 MB, 327x1600)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>2017196
Glad to help! This is one of my plans too but im still looking around at places around me and the forest by me makes shit rather difficult to grow in without clearing space and these trees are huge.

Starting small thought and hopefully I get an half acre when we start househunting later this year. Best of luck with your new home and upcoming family!
>>
File: Planting Zone 6.jpg (72 KB, 724x800)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
BTW, what would be the first thing you would do if you were planning on getting a 1 acre plot with a 2 story house in a temperate rainforest that borders on open south facing meadow?

I was thinking surveying to get the lay of the land and specifically water drainage and possibly starting a compost pile. Any other plans or ideas?
>>
>>2015894
personal seed bank,i have about 7 carrot varietys all of ther botanical names are daucus coruta,bet they are diffrent and have diffrent traits,im looking if anyone knows an easy system of keeping tabes on them in the seed bank without getting mixed up
>>
Californians are annoying. 3/4 people in my town are cali expats and they are buying up all the farmland to build apartments to house them
15 years ago it was all farmland and you could rent a 4 bedroom house an 2 acres for 800/m. Now a studio apt is 1200.
You ruin everything you touch, half my family is gone because they were priced out, and soon i will be too
>>
>>2017377
You are aware that there are place in CA where you can rent a 3bedroom 2ba house with a half acre backyard for $1200/mo right? You are experiencing the price of development and immigration, not just CA Refugees. Some places in Ca are dropping in price because people are fleeing elsewhere.
>>
>>2013900
hello im looking for seeds of plants,not just simple things like tomatos core or house plants,im looking for seeds that are actully what they say they are not just some idiot online who knows nothing about botany,im wondering how scientist get seeds from special plants like ferns grasses,liverworts,algee/lichen and other seeds like wild plants,that arent sold in traditinal seed companys,
>>
>>2017196
Try looking for Aylesburies
>>
>>2013900
Hello -- what is the best fertilizer for tomato plants (outdoors/soil/containers/full sun)?
When is best time to start fertilizing them? I want tomatoes the size of fucking pumpkins or as close to it as I can get.
>>
File: 20200813_110421.jpg (3.56 MB, 4032x2268)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB JPG
>>2013900
How are my crops looking frens?
>>
>>2017416
It depends on the genetic profile and variability of your location and species. At Parks we have to collect from local sources within 20mi, either from a native forestry nursery (uses has one nearby), a forestry supply or actually collecting small amounts in the wild
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
plants need big air to survive
>>
>>2017476
pretty girls. Remember to harvest when most of the trichromes have turned amber.
>>
Anyone making herb edibles? Thinking about lemon balm
>>
>>2017527
What?
>>
>>2017212
>grow like a boss
this phrase makes me want to stop composting
>>
>>2017476
Looks like you are a drug addict. I hope you get better
>>
>>2017377
Out of your entire family that's been there forever none of you bothered to buy up all that cheap farmland and houses? C'mon man!
>>
>>2017551
kill yourself you anti-weed fuckwit
>>
>>2017212
I like this but it's very hard to read. Anything bigger?
>>
>>2017556
So this is power of drugs and being a drug addict? I thought y'all's plant medicine made you chill but it turned you into a hateful zombies. Oh well Gods culling out the weak minded. Have you thought about growing vegetables? If you are feeling troubled just spend some time with your plant friends and breathe not toxic smoke on them and you both can be happy
>>
>>2017570
Why are you accusing me of being a drug addict, you brain damaged piece of shit?
>I thought y'all's plant medicine made you chill but it turned you into a hateful zombies

Are you on crack, dumbass?

> Oh well Gods culling out the weak minded
You're criticizing someone for liking weed and yet you're a fucking theist? Kill yourself, you insane fuck.
>>
>>2015893
>>2015894
>>2015935
>>2015938
>>2016045
Forgot I asked this till just now. Thanks guys. I'll move them to a better place. I didn't know about the cooler temp things so thanks mush-man.
>>
>>2017585
Why are you so angry when you are smoking pounds of a drug plant? Hint, marijuana is poison and has rotted your brain seek help from a drug counselor or a priest and your life will get better
>>
>>2014001
Isn't that the case with every discord?
>>
>>2017590
this>>2017585 needs to go back to plebbit
>>
>>2017192
I really need to figure out how to get my hands on land.
But living in a country with a housing shortage that won't be easy. Of course I could move to a different country but I'm not sure if I have the strength to just leave my homeland, anyone here with that kind of experience?
>>
>>2017682
You don't have land in your country?
>>
>>2017684
If you have plenty of money, anything can be gotten.
Plus another issue is how the land is designated, you can't just buy land and do whatever you want on it, and living in a small country, every square meter is owned by someone or has a very specific designation.

Don't quote me on this though, I'm still in the process of learning how things fit together here and how much money I would need. But bureaucracy is a serious issue.
>>
>>2015139
have you tried going to your local farmer's market and hanging out with a farmer? Usually they need helpers and if you express interest you can most likely just go to their farm and learn while helping out.
>>
>>2016038
jesus, where are you that the apricots are pushing already?
>>
>>2017686
> you can't just buy land and do whatever you want on it,

That usually makes Farmland alot cheaper . Around where I live 1/10th acre building lots are $50,000 but an acre of irrigated Farmland is $10,000
>>
>>2017697
Yeah that is also the case here.
But I need to figure out what you are allowed and how easy it is to change things around a bit. Like could I possibly squat there with a camper?
And I don't even know what is expected of farmland, is it okay to just farm for personal use only? Or is a certain economic interaction required? I still need to learn a lot.
Doesn't help that no one in my family has even owned their own house so I can't quite rely on them for answers either.
>>
>>2017556
>oh noes he insulted the heckin' weederino! not based or valid at all

kill yourself you mindless druggie. degenerate weed consoomer
>>
>>2017556
>you anti-weed fuckwit
what a comeback
This is your brain on drugs folks
>>
>>2017196
It will cost a bit to set yourself up but in the long run you will save money.

Growing your own vegetables/flowers from the seed and you will save a lot. In Ireland a pack of about 200 carrot seeds is like 3 euro. Eventually you can even harvest the seeds from the carrots but this can be considered too much effort for most. Tomatoes and lettuce also quite easy ones to grow in a pollytunnel or greenhouse.

And if you are growing flowers I recommend getting perennial types that suit your climate. We have roses that grow year round and bloom when the weather improves. You can obviously mix it in with some annual plants as they can look quite nice and assuming you grow them from seed they arent going to be that expensive. Oh and you can also set up a growlight in your attice if you want to start some of your plants early indoors.

Do you want any more advice on starting plants?
>>
>>2017527
You mean adding herbs to dishes rather than making herbal teas?
I sometimes add bunch of lemon balm to stir-fry and curry. You could add it to anything that calls for mint or lemongrass.
>>
>>2017527
No but I do with Wood Betony. Takes the edge off, the tea like a warm hug before sleep
>>
>>2017833
No, making edibles, capsules. Or tinctures or extracts
>>
>>2017600
yes
>>
>>2017694
Southern Europe, on the Adriatic sea. We had an unusually warm week recently (even touching the 20°C)
>>
>>2017835
That sounds nice. Thanks anon I didn't know this herb
>>
>>2017821
Not the guy you were responding to but thanks for the advice!
>>
>>2014098
It's supposed to be found in my country but still not once I saw irl.
>>
>>2017461
these ducks are expensive as hell here, not sure if I want to invest so hard just for slightly bigger eggs. Would be a cool aesthetic though... Might consider it.

>>2017821
If you want to type more, I will screen shot it and save it. However, it's still gonna be a few months before I start working on anything so I might just come later. I am sure other people will benefit too though. Do you know of any good plant mixes for northern hemisphere? I assume Ireland and south Ontario, Canada have similar weather.
>>
File: telegraph plant.jpg (1.34 MB, 2048x1536)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
1 yr old magic plant.
>>
Consider this scenario:
It's spring and tree is at the peak of growth season, I notice it's growing more towards a direction I dont like or maybe too tall
Question: is it a bad to snip just the tip of the of the growing branch/stem to promote growth on the sides?
>>
>>2014952
This guy on youtube live in the frozen hell scape as well and has videos on his greenhouse use. https://www.youtube.com/c/OneYardRevolution/videos
>>
>>2017839
>putting bamboo on your land
i hope you don't do this
>>
>>2017693
I have not but this seems like sound advice! Will do.
>>2015936
Looks like an excellent organization. I've been find internship opportunities through ATTRA
>>
File: compost.jpg (461 KB, 564x2761)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>2017561
>>
File: 20210217_131009.jpg (835 KB, 2419x1037)
835 KB
835 KB JPG
getting some seedlings started on my dirt cheap indoor grow, hopefully most will be just in time for last frost
>>
>>2018185
You might want to watch your seedlings closely you may have to move your lights just a tad closer.
>>
>>2018165
>If yall stop throwing away food we can import another 175,000,000 people in the UnitedStates. If yall stop overeating we can import another 125,000,000 people. Thats 300,000,000 more people we can import if yall do your part!

Gee that infograph seems like globalist propaganda
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3LFs6aQEFQ

probably the best guide for starting plants
>>
>>2018188
wtf I love food waste now

it doesn't actually say anything about importing more people though. it only mentions feeding x number of americans. which... desu most americans don't need more feeding, they need less.
>>
File: 20210212_211519.jpg (965 KB, 1200x900)
965 KB
965 KB JPG
My indoor basil and cilantro are starting to put out early seed shoots. If I hit them with a bit of high N orchid fertilizer (15-5-5) would that retard the seeding process in addition to vigorous trimming?
>>
What is the better mulch to use in pots? Cut grass, dried leaves, or wood chips/shavings?
>>
>>2018057
Thats what i do to promote the growth of side stems and other nodes. Especially with my ornamental, I do it with the buds so it doesnt have too much invested into that limb and go into shock
>>
Does anyone know how much parts wood ash to soil is good ratio?
>>
>>2018634
I don't know about fertilizing, but just trimming has always worked for me. You just gotta stay on top of it.
>>
Give me a garden project or something to do. I'm going crazy here waiting on seeds to come up.
>>
>>2018799
general cleanup and prep of your beds.
>>
>>2018165
This is overly complicated, compost is the simplest shot ever, make a pile of anything that’s dead and leave it for a bit, perhaps peeing on it if it’s going too slowly

Also that info graph is j*w propaganda
>>
File: peps.jpg (30 KB, 480x480)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2018810
its 32f and wont stop raining. ahhhhhh
>>
>>2018265
can confirm my bean plants came through this year
>>
File: ww.jpg (493 KB, 2048x1536)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
whitewood
>>
>>2017982
You invest in them for their meat, not just their eggs
Aylesburies are absolute units because they have thicc meaty breasts and thighs
>>
>>2013900
is this where the hardtards come in to play?
>>
File: Cold.jpg (245 KB, 900x600)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
Noob here trying to grow herbs in the northern U.S.A.

How do you guys manage to keep your soil warm and provide enough light? Been trying to germinate seeds and I already feel like I screwed up trying to start them indoors in this cursed weather.

Soil's cold when I touch my finger's in, the sun's blocked out, and any water I take from the tap's cold as well because every week it's like -3 degrees (F). I've tried using a refrigerator to heat em overnight, but that isn't near the sun, so I end up throwing them to the cold again.

Only thing growing are my dang radishes, which is expected I suppose. But I don't even like radishes that much.

Should I invest in more artificial ways of heating and providing light? And if yes, what are some good options for my first buys?
>>
>>2018950
ive been growing indoors to start the season for a couple years, and ive really had no issue germinating and growing seeds in a regularly heated home under artificial light
the lighting i use is a 40 dollar LED grow light, and i just grow them in a heated part of my home
if youre worried about your herbs not germinating yet, ive found most herbs take 10-15 days to do so while radishes are already started by like 3-5 days in, so you just might be seeing a delay there
my radishes are already nearly an inch tall and my herbs are generally nowhere to be seen yet, which is normal
>I've tried using a refrigerator to heat em overnight
well that's a problem, as refrigerators tend to be really cold
ive hear of bottom heat being a recommendation for keeping indoor grows warm via the soil, maybe if you cant do it in a heated part of your home, try something like a heated mat?
>>
File: download.jpg (264 KB, 1280x720)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
Growing mung beans sprouts for a while now. I've been having a blast eating them every week. Are there other bean sprouts worth trying out? I'm beginning to develop a great taste for them.
>>
>>2019081
when do you get your seeds?
>>
>>2017488
but i want varietys from far awaylands
>>
>>2019099

I just buy organic mung beans from the supermarket. Make sure the best before date is good. Nothing special.
>>
>>2019081
I've always enjoyed onions bean sprouts, I've found them to be very temperamental though.
>>
>>2019127
Not onion s o y.
Fucking filter.
>>
Are there any countries in Europe where it's legal to grow weed?
>>
>>2019231
I know Catalonia in Spain legalized it a few years ago.
>>
File: IMG_20210218_183656.jpg (4.22 MB, 4160x3120)
4.22 MB
4.22 MB JPG
What's these two sprouts?
Tomato and pumpkin?
>>
>>2019237
left is a tomato, right could be multiple things.
>>
>>2019240
right, still in seed leaf stage
>>
File: GarlicCloves.jpg (1.2 MB, 3732x3085)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
Tell me everything i need to know about growing garlic. I fucking love garlic and its about time to grow my own. I live up nort °62 so i need something that can handle the cold winters and short summers. I heard siperian garlic varieties would be good for this environment.

Can i put them in the ground during spring if i keep them in the cold basement for few months? I dont want to wait for next year because i didnt sow them last fall.
>>
>>2019280
You might not get bulbs. But youll get greens and scapes.
>>
>>2019280
Use the space for something else this year and stick to buying your garlic for now. Pointless grows are demotivating.
>>
>>2018950
wait till spring
>>2018987
he probably means on top of the refrigerator, 2nd law of thermodynamics and all that junk means it's often the warmest place in the house
>>
>>2019304
There are a lots of videos on youtube where people put garlic in the freezer for a few months before planting. I dont see why this would not work. You can even just put few gloves in pots for a few weeks so they can produce roots and then bury the pots in snow in your garden.
>>
>>2019351
Hello Michael Morris
>>
>>2019280
There are people who spring plant after refrigerating (often in warmer regions), but I can't vouch for how effective that is. I always have mine in the ground by late october or early november.

That freeze period is pretty important for their growth; being in a cool basement probably won't simulate it correctly.
>>
>>2019367
Fuck I posted the unedited picture
>>
>>2019351
Hi Mike send my love to Arianna
>>
>>2018922
I see, that makes much more sense... It's a toss up between alesburies or khakis then.
>>
File: 20201019_102331_2.jpg (929 KB, 2560x1440)
929 KB
929 KB JPG
>>2019470
I have khakis. They dont have a lot of meat on them. And they can fly unlike my pekings which makes fencing a little bit more work.
>>
Anyone have experience with solid state isfet ph meters? I want something with less fuss and chances of breaking. Spending the money on a nice probe also makes me want it to pull double duty in the kitchen as well for canning and fermentations
>>
>>2019370
When do you harvest them?
First year growing and I planted them on the last week of October.
>>
So i recently bought a mini greenhouse for my small plants.
its around 2m tall, 600cm wide and 50cm deep.
covering is standard issue plastic which seems to be holding heat and moisture in well.

any advice on keeping the plants inside healthy? should i be worried about condensation on the inside from the plants breathing?
>>
>>2019781
>any advice on keeping the plants inside healthy? should i be worried about condensation on the inside from the plants breathing?
Get a hygrometer
You don't want an insane amount of humidity if you can avoid it
>>
>>2019781
>standard issue plastic
i don't know what that means but those small and cheap greenhouses often come with very cheap plastic that's not very uv-resistant. keep an eye on it unless you want your soil covered in plastic flakes.
>>
>>2019781
Just air it out from time to time and make sure to leave it open if it gets above 40f(I think that is 4/5c) outside the tent especially with sunshine. If the sun gets it at those temps it can hit 90f+ depending on how airtight your tent is. Remember to water the plants. Even though its humid as fuck that doesn't mean there is any water in the dirt for the plants to drink. Everyone forgets this and their plants dry up and die.
>>
>>2019081
toge
>>
File: herbs.jpg (118 KB, 750x519)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
Moon planting update. February 11 was the new moon. I sowed thyme and oregano on February 13 on a waxing crescent moon. Both came up in only 5 days. Shit is spooking me /hmg/.

Also is there a good intermediate to advanced gardening youtube channel? It seems like it either beginner or someone just showing off they spread.
>>
>>2015962
Wow anon, where are you that you have full blooms already? My peaches just barely have bulbs swelling off the branches, probably 2-4 weeks out from any flowers. We were maybe 20 miles south of the freezing rain line last night, but until we get full blooms I don't think there's much risk above 25° or so. Still kept them covered up last night just in case though.
>>
>>2019280
62nd parallel is pushing it. Where are you in Yukon?

If you are serious about garlic you could try in a greenhouse or tented raised bed and you can also try to plant it in spring once the frost is gone and encourage growth by covering it with a fleece. It should be ready to harvest in the fall and you will get smaller cloves than if you lived in a hospitable normal area and planted in the fall with a thicc layer of mulch to overwinter.
>>
I've got two more 15 degree nights and then the temperature goes up and stays above freezing for at least the next week. zone 6 spring is upon us
>>
is it ok to store my seeds in a druggiest fold?
>>
>>2020365
Yea, why wouldnt it be?
>>
>>2020049
Yea that pretty much it. You need books or experience after that.
>>
>>2017476
Looking ok. Add more PK and a resin booster
>>
>>2020417
idont know for small seeds like they wont fall out?
also for people who dont knowq look it up its how theyu store evidence,im ok with big seeds but will small seeds fall out?
>>
>>2020151
Read >>>2017845
Mind you that only some cultivars of peaches have fully bloomed already
>>
>>2020365
just buy some zip lock bags nerd or go to the dollar store and buy condiment containers or any other cheap container if you are worried about your seeds falling out.
>>
>>2020567
Ahh, cool how even though you're probably a good bit higher latitude than i am (around 35deg) that Mediterranean climate has you warming up already while we're still waiting for spring. We have two sunny days with temps in the 60's F coming up next week, I think I'll start to see some stuff bloom after that.
>>
File: Siberian_Kale_Day-1_alt.jpg (3.14 MB, 3202x1672)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
>>2013900
woke up to this beauty, organic siberian kale
>>
Stop advertising your shitty discord server on our hgm threads
>>
>>2020049
MIgardener
The guy advertises his fertilizer constantly and can drone on a bit, but the channel has a whole bunch of good information. It tends to be intermediate gardening tips put out in a beginner friendly manner.
It's home gardening advice, not commercial farming advice, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ZcrxuX7_8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGzK9q89O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpDS1ET7NU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRipmu-k5LI
>>
File: bellpepper farmer apu.jpg (2.55 MB, 4096x2304)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB JPG
Year 2 for me
Again got these plants here from Supermarket Bell Peppers
Gonna do a foot grid pattern vegetable garden like a noob and put these Bell Peppers in a couple extra buckets or something like it
i'll probably have 2 bell peppers per plant, no idea how big or small
>>
>>2020986
Make sure they have plenty of sunlight, I had a maple tree that blocked out most of the early morning sun once the summer equinox hit (I didn't notice it because it didn't block out the sunlight in the late spring when I planted it).
Only got decent sized peppers on the 3 most western plants.
>>
>>2020996
yeah I had that last year.
My dad moved one of my plants behind a bush and the sun would only hit it early in the morning
it never got any fruits

I am going to try the foot by foot grid pattern and have a mix of veggies and empty milk containers full of herbs and then the Bell peppers
I dont know what will happen or how many pests i get this year but hey, it'll be comfy gardening in the sun :)
>>
File: felco_2.jpg (25 KB, 700x700)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2021004
Are the felcos worth it?
>>
>>2013900
How much acreage do y'all reckon it would take to run a successful and profitable plant nursery in zone 8b
>>
>>2021090
You could probably run a nursery with under an acre if youre bringing in soil, fertilizer.
>>
>>2021085

not the guy you quoted but i have a pair i take with me for my trap line.
they work really well but my issue is how slippery the rubber coating is. while it doesn't have any defects to the coating i have been thinking about putting some type on gripping on to it.
why haven't i done it yet? i completely forget while i'm at a hardware store.
>>
I mulch my garden in cardboard and straw. Is there a mushroom variety I can sow in spring when I put new mulch down and harvest in the fall?
>>
i am growing my watermelon for size this year
i got the alabama cross variety and supposedly get up to 160 pounds
what should i expect? what do i need to know? ive never grown anything for size before so im going into this blind. any tips would be appreciated
>>
>>2021314
Well, watermelons are cucurbits just like pumpkins, so the same principles apply. You're going to need a LOT of space, a LOT of water, and a LOT of soil fertility/fertilizer for the guy. It's going to drain the soil and suck out all of its nutrients like a total vampire, so you have to ensure the soil is sufficiently rich enough AND you're feeding it regularly to continually replenish it.

I don't know specifically about watermelons, but I assume the principles should be the exact same, so you might want to take a look here at this site, which is for giant pumpkins, and simply do the same with adjustments as necessary.

http://www.pumpkinnook.com/
>>
>>2021318
i have an 8' x 3.5' raised bed which i will dedicate solely to my melon. i want him to grow big and juicy. should that be enough space?
>>
>>2021320
Yeah, that should be sufficient for the one plant, however it's not necessarily the root system that's going to require so much space, it's the sprawling vines. Just as long as you have enough open space for the vines to crawl and grow, then it should all be good. I don't know if watermelons grow secondary roots on the vines like pumpkins and squash do, but if so, the more available soil for the vines to go down in, the better. It can actually make all the difference.
>>
>>2021320
IMO not enough. The vines on these mammoths are crazy big. I feel like you will be disappointed with your results.
>>
>>2021323
>>2021324
wow, i figured that would be good enough. thanks for letting me know. i have a big hill on my property, southern facing so its perfect. the problems are its very steep and the soil is shitty, very dry, alot of sand and rock. my raised beds are placed on top of this tougher layer of natural soil.
should i dig a hole on the hill, mix adamants like peatmoss or compost or whatever and mix it in with the natural soil, so that it has technically unlimited space for the root system in worse soil and an incline, or hope for the best with the raised bed?
i really wanna grow this sucker to be huge so if the raised bed wont cut it im willing to manipulate the natural soil of the hill, im just worried that its too rocky and sandy to have any real nutrients in there for the plant to use
>>
>>2021323
>>2021324
i should add that the raised beds are built on the hill, so the vines have opportunity to spill over onto the hill if they need more space, its no big deal. the root system however would really be confined to the raised beds, since i doubt it will be able to break through to the tougher soil that its built on. i could be wrong though.
>>
>>2021334
>>2021337

Here is a guide from another /hgm/ anon that does giant pumpkins. To make a 200 pound fruit you need lots of space. Good luck

https://mega.nz/file/xmp0iIxA#yallayNvCIBebJmZHBol8YXrKBvs8t2agjiFF_qPK1g
>>
>>2021339
anon that is perfect. thank you. my only remaining question is about how to manage the plant
do i keep only one melon on the vine at all times, cutting off other melons that grow on it before they can take nutrients from the main one?
also, does it matter that the soil is bad? i can make a "bed" of sorts by digging out an area in the plot and mixing the natural soil with adaments, having the plant start from here, but eventually the root system will surpass this area and dig into the underlying shitty soil. is there a better way?
>>
>>2021334
>>2021337
I would amend the soil around the hill as well. Watermelons in particular prefer to grow in sandier soil, sandy-loam more precisely, so the rocky clay just isn't going to cut it at all for your goal. The plant itself would still grow, but you'd yield subpar fruit.

As I said, the thing about giant varieties is that they need giant proportions. Think BIG. Everything must be BIG.
>>
>>2021314
Thin to one melon per plant
>>
>>2021352
>do i keep only one melon on the vine at all times, cutting off other melons that grow on it before they can take nutrients from the main one?
Allow 2 to 4 of them to start growing first, and then thin them out to leave the largest/fastest growing one, preferably on the main vine. You don't want to bet it all on the one fruit prematurely just in case some bastard beetle bug gets to it and fucks you, or the plant decides to abort it for some reason.

>also, does it matter that the soil is bad?
For the purposes of any secondary roots that might emerge? It's not bad, but you're not doing it any favors as well. Again, if your goal is to plump these bad boys up, *everywhere* they contact must be rich in nutrients. The more access it has outside of the main root system, the better. It can only be a favor to the plant, and the subsequent fruit.
>>
>>2021354
>>2021359
that is alot of soil to amend. basing off the growth pattern of the pumpkin anon document, i would need to amend a 30 x 30 foot area of soil. how would i even go about this? how deep would i have to amend the soil? i guess the simple answer is as much as possible, wherever possible, as deep as possible, but i cant afford to buy 40 bags of adaments, so there must be a strategic way of adding adaments to the soil for optimal growth.

whats the best way to keep bugs or beetles from attacking my melon?

fuck now im second guessing myself for even attempting to do this with a watermelon when all the guides are for pumpkins. should be the same though right?
>>
>>2021365
You could probably half this grow size since giant pumpkins like this are 500+ pounds.
>>
>>2021370
whats the best melon seed to grow for size? i have Carolina Cross 180, but if theres any better watermelon variety i should be using id like to know before i totally transform the landscape for an inferior melon
>>
>>2021372
You should be fine with what you have. Carolina Cross 180 can get up to 200 pounds so its possible to grow 200 pound fruit. Go with what you have try to shoot for 10x10 or 15x15 grow area and baby them. You will be fine go for it.
>>
>>2021373
thank you, this has been an amazing help. i will be sure to post updates, i will be growing this watermelon for you so be proud if you see a big watermelon on here in a few months
>>
>>2021375
Best of luck, Anon. Always a pleasure to help out a fellow cucurbit bro.
>>
>>2020693
>just buy some zip lock bags nerd or go to the dollar store and buy condiment containers or any other cheap container if you are worried about your seeds falling out.
>>2020693
not in plastice so they dont rot,you rot seeds in airtight plastic
>>
>>2020219
Also the colder your climate is the deeper you plant your cloves
Plant the garlic cloves 6 inches deep and mulch it like your life depends on it
>>
File: 20210219_223733.jpg (1.23 MB, 2073x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
Saw this on the shelf at walmart and had an idea of trying super primative mushroom growing
>oyster counter top fruiting block kit ($12)
>bucket ($2.50)
>sawdust pellets ($4.50)
>no sterilization
>poor environmental control
So I officially have $19 and a half hour of work invested into the project, I will post an update in a couple weeks when pinning starts or the project is lost to contamination. I also bought a second kit which I will be running as directed on the box right next to the bucket to serve as a control.
>>
>>2021435
keep us uptadeted fren
>>
File: 20210219_152552.jpg (2.28 MB, 2576x1932)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
Any cannabis friends help a dude out ?
I can't figure out how to mitigate this
>>
File: 20210219_152557.jpg (2.73 MB, 2576x1932)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>2021452
>>
File: IMG_0525.jpg (33 KB, 359x240)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Do these things work? I meant to build one for this winter to grow brocolli. What else can I grow in zone 8a in a hoop house raised bed thingymajig? I normally don't winter garden at all.

>>2021435
Is your your plan to dilute the stater kit into the pellets?
>>
File: 20210219_152650.jpg (2.12 MB, 2576x1932)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
>>2021454
It's starting to creep up to the flower.
It's my first plant
>>
>>2021456
to be clear I'm probably gonna build one this summer for fall winter gardening later this year, not looking to start a 'winter garden' now. But I guess it would make a transplant home for my starts if I get around to it.
>>
>>2021457
Make some rope out of the hemp and hang yourself you degenerate loser before you infect any other people
>>
>>2021452
>>2021454
>>2021457
Degenerate.
>>
>>2021457
>>2021454
>>2021452
go back to plebbit faggot
>>
>>2021460
is it like a removabe things?so you just put it on in the winter and take it off in the spring?
>>
>>2021181
Almost any sort of oyster mushrooms would work. Buy a bag of grain or sawdust spawn and sprinkle it in while you make your mulch.
>>
>>2021457
I dont see an issue. they dont look burnt, I dont see any powderly mildew, no low nutrient discoloration. Whats wrong?
>>
I was given a juniper bonsai that seems to be in shit condition. I dont know how to care for it because its meant to stay outside but i live on the fucking sun and its not responding to any nutrition i give it.
>>
>>2021487
Fans started doing this and then just crumble up and die, starting to move to the flowers
>>
>>2021487
>>
File: 20210220_005036.jpg (2.86 MB, 2576x1932)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>2021487
This
>>
File: 20210220_005043.jpg (2.61 MB, 2576x1932)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
>>2021530
2/3
>>
File: 20210220_005031.jpg (2.19 MB, 2576x1932)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>2021532
3/3
Any ideas?
>>
>>2013900
Is there a poultry that would never be targeted by raccoons, hawks, or eagles?
>>
>>2021526
Thank you G_d
>>
>>2021334
Before you start fucking with soils go to your local farm or garden store and buy one of those cheap diy soil tests kits. Can't really fuck up by increasing organic matter to much provided you don't go full retard and bind up all the nitrogen, but finding a good amendment bellow 25:1 C:N will eliminate that problem.also a good idea of the texture and current %om would be helpful in making any suggestions. Also keep im mind that field pot__
>>
>>2021544
Geese are less likely to be fucked with, ive never had a problem. Very tasty as well.
>>
>>2021456
>do hoop houses work?
Yeah I'm zone 7a and can grow any cool weather crops.
>>
>>2021646
nice, even during the coldest parts of the year? it can get down into the high teens / low twenties every now and then 'round these parts
>>
>>2021544
ostrich
>>
>>2021533
Its fine. You should trim them off.fan leaves die off as it gets closer to peak bud. You should trim whem to help airflow and light. Theyre not helping the plant anymor
>>
>>2021637
thanks for the advice, thats honestly pretty smart, makes sense i should figure out what soil type i have before i start carpet bombing the entire plot with adaments.
what do you mean by binding up the nitrogen? good adament below 25:1 C:N? texture and om%? field pot_? sorry if these are dumb questions, ive only grown things in raised beds with good soil and basic adaments so ive never had to do a deep dive into my soil chemistry, so any explanation or help here is appreciated
>>
File: walnut.jpg (2.24 MB, 4032x3024)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
Trying to sprout walnuts.
>>
>>2013900
I'm a month away from last frost so I want to get my seeds started. I have never once had seeds started in those cell trays sprout. Can I get a retards version of what to do?
>>
>>2021638
>Very tasty as well
Could you expound on that? I've never tried and am on the fence about getting 3 geese and a gander but the price has me hesitating since I don't even know what they taste like.
>>
>>2021456
>Is your your plan to dilute the stater kit into the pellets?
That is exactly what I did. The grow kits are fairly well established oyster mycelium on amended sawdust, so I decided to use them instead of grain spawn. Since the fuel pelets I put it in are not ammended in any way and oysters are so aggressive I'm not particularly worried about contamination ruining the batch, this was just a fun attempt at doing the bare minimum. In theory you could walk into any Walmart in the country with $20 and walk out with everything you need to do this yourself, which I feel is the main limiter for most people who have ever thought about growing mushrooms. No ordering spawn or bags, no balancing or sterilizing substrates, just buy three things, drill some holes, mix, and wait.
>>
>>2021759
Could you walk us through what your process is when trying to start seeds in cells? Like your process, equipment, and plant varieties in detail.
>>
>>2021544
I got a huge predator problem near me. Tons of Hawks, eagles, skunks, coyote, you name it. I've been keeping chickens and ducks. It's not too hard to build a suitably strong coop. I have two, one that I spared no expense on and then another that I built in a rush out of scrap wood. Both have held up perfectly. During the day I keep my chickens in a fenced run that is just 4' welded wire. No covering or anything like that. I haven't lost a single one to predators. If a hawk is in the air they see it immediately and the roosters warn the hens to get into the coop. That may also be why I haven't had losses, I have my main flock which is my hens and the 3 roosters that have earned my good graces. And then I have a separate rooster only flock that is in a run adjacent to the main flocks run. The rooster flock are my meat birds. Anyways, with so many roosters covering a relatively small area no hawk is going to be able to sneak up on them. The non aerial predators are all dawn/dusk or nocturnal hunters and the coops are like a fort so they aren't getting in.
>>
>>2021771
Equipment: aside from the trays nothing (wouldn't know what is needed)
Plant varieties: over the years I've tried about everything from marigolds to tomatoes.
Process: put potting soil in cell, moisten it and push it down to get rid of air pockets, wait til soil dries a bit, push a couple seeds in, cover seeds holes with soil, water when dry.
>>
>>2021761
It's like a mix between beef and chicken. One of my favorite meats by far. As for price they can be rather expensive, but they are easy to breed so it's only really a one time expensive other than bringing in new blood, and they are dirt cheap to feed if you have enough grass.

>>2021745
>what do you mean by binding up the nitrogen? good adament below 25:1 C:N?
The C:N ratio is the amount of carbon relative to nitrogen in a mulch or soil additive. Microbial activity uses nitrogen to decompose carbon and balances out around 20:1. This means if you put down something with a very high C:N ratio like straw you can "bind" all the plant available nitrogen in the microbial community leading to nitrogen deficiency in the plants until the carbon has been eaten up. Similarly if you accidentally put down to much nitrogen you can soak it up by adding carbon to prevent it from being lost.
>texture and om%?
Texture is the balance of sand/silt/clay. OM is organic matter.
>field pot_
I was drunk and tired, posted incompletely. Field potential or capacity is how much water soil will hold after excess has drained away. If your up on a hill you loose some for a variety of reasons, just keep an eye on moisture levels.
>>
>>2021802
Is there a decent way to test your compost for c:n? I got probably close to 2 tons that's about as composted as it's gonna get til warm weather comes around again. My piles started off with chicken bedding so straw and chicken manure. A bunch of it is leaves/pasture clippings but then I've been tossing 2-3 wheelbarrows full of straight chicken manure onto it every two weeks or so. I'm prepping my gardens for my first crop and I have no idea if I should mix this compost in or if it is no good.
>>
>>2021767
A very large bag of some hardwood sawdust at a feed store for like five bucks. Might have a hard time not finding pine but I bet that depends on were you are. recommend mixing some non toxic wood chips in for more mass. You want bigger pieces for bulk and fine pieces so the mycelium doesnt have to expend extra energy making tentridlers from piece to piece. In your extra ghetto version you could get away with shredded paper.
>>
So I have wild asparagi growing in my lands and they're evergreen but I read they're supposed to die back in winter
>>
I'm wanting to plant a patch of cereal rye, where can I get the grains shipped to me for cheap? Alternatively, what places near me (Portland, OR) might carry it?
>>
>>2021767
>>2021991
sweet. hopefully your project turns out good. I've also had success just covering spent oyster butts in coffee grounds after brewing and cooling. did that for awhile (adding just a small amount of grounds so they wouldn't contam), then eventually layered it with some wet cardboard and fruited.

i bet you could do something similar with sawdust and spent butts instead of ordering kits if you wanted. i've also heard of people letting it colonize cardboard and then keepin it in the fridge as a master culture.
>>
>>2022157
Check out annie's or sustainable seed co. I believe they had rye last I saw
>>
Sorry for blog post!

I'm wanting to till up a patch of grass and start growing vegetables there. The plot will be considerably large, I'm thinking about 20'x20'. My first plan was to cut the sod out and refill it with garden soil. Although now I'm realizing that will be a significant expense to buy all that soil (probably about 200 cubic feet)

How bad would it be to till the grass in, and then rake it out, and then retill, and rerake until I clear out all the grass roots? I've never tried this method before and I feel like it's just going to lead to an entire season of endless grass removal.

I'm not planting until May, so if all I should see is a few stragglers pop up I may be able to till it next week and wait for the survivors to grow and remove them.

Any suggestions for which method I should use?
>>
>>2022202
If the grass is growing you can spray it with roundup a few times and it will be safe to plant in a few weeks, or lay down cardboard to kill it but then you might have to worry about toxins in the cardboard or glue
>>
>>2022202
Till the shit out of it
Mulch the shit out of it
profit

Dont refill or any of that other stuff. If you grind grass up and turn it 12" in with the tiller you will have most of it killed. Maybe mulch over with some cardboard or straw or some such just to choke what little bit is left. You are over thinking this. IT WILL suck to break new ground so till it slowly over a week or so maybe a couple of inches a day alternating pattern. I went from a really weedy and grass filled plot to a nice one in 3 years with out having to buy a bunch of garden soil. The better alternative is raised beds.
>>
>>2021759
get a heat mat and lights

instead of germinating in the soil, use a damp paper towel in a zipper bag....once you see the roots start to grow, plant in the trays according to directions (unless they are something that should not be transplanted)

you may want to get some seed starting soil mix instead of using the peat pucks that usually come with the tray kits

use a spray bottle to keep the top of the soil just moist, the initial watering may need a better soaking

keep the lights within a few inches of the soil, and later the tops of the plants themselves
>>
i bought a compost tumbler but have nothing to fill it with, whats a quick way to add to it?
>>
>>2022288
Lawn clippings and sawdust, then throw in some food stuff like peels.
>>
>>2022290
how do i fix a horribly unbalanced compost in time for late spring? I've got a 10x10 pile that I'm terrified of. a lot of very rich cereal grain in there and kitchen scraps.

i was thinking of adding shitloads of leaves and sawdust to balance it out? it's probably super high nitrogen
>>
>>2022202
this >>2022233

i had to do the same thing awhile ago. tilled it and it was fine.
>>
>>2022202
till it, cover it, till it more. just don't poison your land like this idiot >>2022229 suggested. the boomer monsanto shill only has like 2 brain cells left after all the roundup he's consumed over the years.
>>
>>2022229
Based roundup poster
>>
>>2021530
>>2021532
>>2021533
Root rot. Congrats retard
>>
Nodding onion chads where you at?
>>
>>2022299
I don't know if it would balance out in time for spring. 50/50 compost usually take a few months to break down.
You might just use it for a crop that is still edible if it stays in the vegetative state too long, like lettuce or herbs.
I don't think high nitrogen compost will cause nitrogen burn, I think that's a problem caused by fertilizers.
>>
>>2022157
Victory seeds is from oregon and they sell grains.
>>
anyone use turface for added moisture retention?
>>
>>2022378
I wouldn't use a few cents of all natural Roundup because they tell me that's bad but I will spend hundreds of $ on huge bags of stripmined chemicals shipped from halfway around the world that I will breathe in and absorb into my pores until the end of time so Big Garden and Big Environment can make wheelbarrows of cash
>>
>>2013900
what are good resourses on breeding plnats?not just from seed but grafting and cloning them too?
>>
>>2015430
your a fucking retard
>>
>>2016301
its that one dc faggot
>>
>>2016590
when can i get those
>>
File: 20190822_072744.jpg (4.12 MB, 4032x2268)
4.12 MB
4.12 MB JPG
Im gonna plant tobacco again this year, but entirely indoors
Im also gonna plant peas and beans
Any other suggestions for "crop" plants that adapt well to growing indoors?
>>
>>2022442
You'll never be a local. You'll always be a foreigner
>>
File: IMG_20210221_134900.jpg (1.26 MB, 2496x1872)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
Update on my seedlings after thinning out.

Tomatoes growing fast. I worry I may have started them a bit early.
>>
File: IMG_20210221_134842.jpg (1.11 MB, 2496x1872)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>2022557
Peppers doing ok but already half the size of the hydroponic ones which I started later.
If not for the shock of moving them to dirt I would start all peppers on hydroponics. It is just amazing how fast they grow.
>>
>>2022557
Also ginger (the large container with dirt) again refuses to come up early this year too.
I guess it was beginners luck two years ago when they did come out early.
>>
File: EuwpMjmXEAIb-D4.jpg (257 KB, 1280x720)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
A couple of my soursop seeds have finally sprouted. I'm going to wait to see which one looks healthiest, then pull the other seedlings out to give the winner the pot to itself.
>>
>>2022473
strawberries do very well indoors. So does any leafy green.
>>
Anyone doing meat rabbits here? Any tips for someone looking to get into it? I'm wanting to cut back on factory farmed meat and rabbits seem way easier to do on a small scale than pigs or whatever.
>>
What Light to use for fruiting 1 square meter of plants indoor? I'll order from china
>>
>>2022612

There is a rabbit farming book in the pastebin.
>>
>>2022632
I've read it and downloaded some other books, but I'd also like to hear from people with hands on experience if possible.
>>
>>2022634
They're easy and yummy, they don't have much fat though. The hides are useful, too. But putting them down is the worst part and you'll never get use to it.
>>
>>2022557
tomatoes are usually started from seed 6 weeks before planting them out
>>
>>2022673
6-12 depending on variety
>>
>>2022612
I used to take care of this ladies rabbits for her, she had maybe 1-2 dozen at any given time. They were pretty easy and popped out babies no problem to keep the cycle going. It wasn't that messy because I cleaned frequently, but if you slacked off it'd be hell. A lot of shit to shovel, which was great for the rest of the property as manure. I'd advise constructing a habitat that's easy to clean and low maintenance first. I believe she kept hers rather inhumanely, they were just in metal cages about 4sqt^2 with a couple bunnies per cage. She had shelves of them. It was pretty space efficient, though. Like vertical meat farming. They got to run around in the backyard too.

Killing them sucked, they scream like little children and you can't always get a good clean break on the neck. So you'll have a half limp rabbit screaming for it's life while you're still giving it's back legs a good couple yanks before she goes. After doing it, the initial shock wears off, though. Very easy to skin and butcher. They taste just like chicken, despite some people trying to convince me otherwise.

Pretty good overall, but if I were to do it, I wouldn't personally do the cages and shelves thing.
>>
^ and as the other anon said, the hides have use. They used to have actual monetary value, as did the feet, but in my area at least, it was illegal to sell those things.
>>
I've got a room that I always keep at 72. Do I need heat mats? The upper shelves are near 74, I'm thinking I'll just stick some trays up there.

Also, zone 7b/8a, what should be starting right now?
>>
File: IMG_20210221_202814.jpg (1.08 MB, 1534x2560)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
Help how do I avoid the roots of microgreens not digging down into the soil? Do I need to put a small weight on them next time? I also put a bit too many seeds I think
>>
>>2022473
How did your tobacco do, did you try curing/smoking it at all? I love in tobacco country so it should do well here, but I don't imagine I would make a very tasty end product doing it myself.
>>
>>2022473
Don't you get a nicotine hit just from rubbing against a leaf?
>>
>>2022600
How long did it take for it to sprout ? It's been almost 4weeks since ive started mine and I'm losing hope.
>>
>>2022806
Youre thinking of sprouting. You cut microgreens at the bottom
>>
What kind of poppies do I need to grow to make opium?
>>
>>2022928
shoo shoo glow in the dark
>>
>>2022909
My soursops took about 5 weeks in total, but they were already partially germinated when they arrived. I got them from a small store called MauiSeeds that specializes in tropical plants and they send you germinated seeds.
>>
>>2022925
I mean the roots are growing out of the soil
>>
File: 20210221_181020.jpg (3.12 MB, 4032x3024)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>2022929
>naming a plant breed is illegal
Okay, but for real I bought these. I'm not trying to produce to sell. Just make a cup of tea or two. Maybe I'll just go to 420chan.
>>
>>2022934
please leave
>>
>>2022962
No
>>
Rate my set up nuggas
>>
>>2022962
As long as he's not doing anything explicitly illegal, he can stay. Ain't nothing wrong with poppy.
>>
>>2023102
>what poppy do i grow to make opium
He is worst than the weed fags.
>>
>>2023106
It's doubtful he even has the equipment to make it anyways. It's a lost endeavor from the get go. We can indulge and sate his curiosity.
>>
File: blackberry jam plant.png (2.26 MB, 1280x720)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>2022600
I've got more seedlings to show off, since everyone wanted to start sprouting today.

First up are my blackberry jam plant seedlings. A couple surfaced and I moved around some dirt and found the others.
>>
File: Euy2UVZXcAIBXRc.jpg (170 KB, 1280x720)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>2023139
And here's one of my ice cream bean seedlings sprouting, which means the others are sure to come in soon.

Super excited, wasn't expecting everything to start coming in this close to each other.
>>
>>2023140
Fucking cool shit dude. I’m trying to get some soursop and annona squamosa going right now. You have any past experience growing tropical fruits from seed? Could always use a few pointers.
>>
>>2023145
Not really, this is my first experience growing tropical fruits from seed, but if I had to give advice it would be is be careful burying at just the right height. I buried some of mine too deep and ended up killing my lychee seeds.
>>
>>2023106
opium poppies however poppy seeds are used lots on bagels and as a seasoning in South Indian cooking
>>
>>2022996
yes no one wants you here,
>>
>>2023050
6/10 made me rotate
>>
Aamazing colors
>>
>>2023458
where do I get seeds?
>>
>>2023467
Strawberrys don't have seeds, they have nuts. Or do you want the kiwi seeds? Because you need both
>>
>>2017416
Eh idk if they are going to be as exact as you like, but Trade Winds Fruit offers a number of wild varieties. However, this is mostly for edible plants.
>>
File: poppies.jpg (97 KB, 900x465)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>2022934
You need legit purple opium poppies, you might have to go to Afghanistan for that though
>>
>>2023569
Lol, I got a bunch of these from dumping some store bought compost in my garden, out of nowhere the place was filled with these purple flowers.
Harvest quite a bunch of seeds from them.
>>
>>2019744
I harvest mine usually in the middle of July. You want at least half of the leaves to be brown, but not all of them.
>>
>>2018791
Once they started flowering did trimming work or do they just keep trying to flower after that point?
>>
My naranjilla look happy?
>>
>>2023601
They'll continue to attempt to flower.
>>
Anybody know if selling tropical fruit seedlings online is profitable?
>>
>>2023467
diy version
>strawberry seeds
>kiwi seeds
>gorilla glue
>>
>>2023726
>>
If I had leggy seedlings and was not able to move the light closer would the best solition be to leave the grow lights on for longer?
>>
>>2023996
There stretching because of a lack of light intensity
Leaving the light on may lend them some more energy to grow but until intensity requirements are satisfied they are going to stretch during that extra time

If you can't move the light then move the plants up if you can
>>
How much carrots do you plant? Ive started mine in a propagator in the green house with 3ish seeds going in 18 pot propagator. Im going to plant them into the ground after a month but was wondering is this a little or a lot of carrots.
>>
>>2024013
because of how carrot roots work, typically you'd plant them strainght into the soil.
if you wanted to germinate them early, you'd use some sort of protection like fleece or a cloche.
that said, you want them around 5-10cm apart depending on the variety. just make sure the roots go straight down when you transplant them
>>
File: 1538272330734.jpg (185 KB, 838x1468)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
So what's a good/average price for hay bales? i need some for an archery target i'm putting in my backyard once i get grass growing
>>
anyone grow mushrooms on logs?
i want to upgrade my little setup but i am not sure how quick i should get there. i did some test runs in the past few years to learn as i go before going bigger... got 20 logs that produce shiitake, 20 bum ones, and last spring i innoculated 5 logs of reichi/lions mane/maitake.
ideally i guess i would nee 500 logs to have a sensible production, to have something to work with (mostly to eat all year round). dk if selling dry bags would work well, lot of competition large scale operation from russia and china...
anyway i guess i pretty much know what to do but it stresses me out: i should buy a fucking angle grinder with an adapter or if anyone know a better straightforward tool that would be great especially if its wireless. 500 logs probably is too much work for one season so i probably should go for 130 every years like i read somewhere, would space production out and would be doable money and work wise. it would cost me about 240$ for the spawn, no idea how much the logs would cost me: i think i will try freaking birch since its the most straight forward option round here. thoughts? advices?
>>
File: IMG_20210222_173046.jpg (3.03 MB, 2304x4096)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
My loofahs finally dried out.
>>
File: 20210222_204755.jpg (4.05 MB, 4032x3024)
4.05 MB
4.05 MB JPG
A little update. I modified my growing space with an NFT and moved my strawberry plants into it

>>2024157
Very cool. I wonder what the economics of that is. How many loofas can you go through a year and how many does one plant produce? What's the surplus?
>>
File: 20210222_204741.jpg (3.8 MB, 4032x3024)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
With the new space, I moved the herbs I had doing Kratky into the deep water culture tanks

Here's a picture of my 3rd lettuce harvest of the season
>>
File: 20210222_204801.jpg (3.15 MB, 4032x3024)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
Strawberries are flowering and I think a couple of them have set fruit. I've been pollinating them with a makeup brush
>>
>>2024173
>How many loofas can you go through a year
I got about 3 large ones this size last year. The plant didn't die over winter and it's covered with lots of small ones at the moment.
>>
>>2024180
How long do they last when you're using them?
>>
>>2024201
Just started using one. It's pretty durable so maybe 1 week of doing dishes.
>>
>>2018856
Lucky
>>
File: averter.jpg (33 KB, 257x246)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>2024077
steal one faggot
>>
>>2024077
They vary in price year to year. We had a drought last summer here in maine is its up past 10$ for a square bale of straw.
>>
Will green onions grow into large white onions or are they a different plant?
>>
>>2024802
No, bunching onions will not turn into bulbing onions. It has to be in their genes to do so.
>>
>>2024803
Dang...
>>
>>2024802
I found that giving each their own space will allow them to get a little bigger. However, as the other anon said, they won’t turn into a baseball sized onion
>>
File: IMG_20210223_100104.jpg (4.34 MB, 2304x4096)
4.34 MB
4.34 MB JPG
This volunteer tomatoe is blossoming already.
>>
Can lavender seeds grow in these type of seed starting trays?
>>
>>2024990
Yeah.
>>
>>2024997
do you have any tips to grow lavender?
>>
File: seedlings.jpg (243 KB, 1012x745)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
I'm starting seeds indoors but I don't have a grow light - I figured I could just use natural light since I have a south facing window that gets up to 12 hours of sun a day. I've just been leaving the shade open, but it looks like some of the plants are getting burned - the cauliflower in the bottom left inset for instance (I know it's just the cotyledons but still).

How much sun should I let them have? Direct sunlight in the morning and shade-filtered light for the afternoons until they're bigger?
>>
>>2025009
seed/sow heavily they how a low germination rate and be very patient.
>>
>>2025026
>How much sun should I let them have?
Just let them have it
Directly sowed seeds have to suffer the sun as soon they emerge, they'll get used to it

What you may be suffering from is excessive heat being next to a window
>>
>>2025026
They look thirsty and very dry. When are you going to plant these plants out? They have almost no dirt to grow in.
>>
>>2025057
I guess I can scoot them further away.

>>2025060
They could use some water, yeah. I was planning on transplanting to bigger containers (solo cups, probably) in a week then transplanting to the garden in late March.
>>
>>2024077
3-10$ depending on region and weather. Straw bales are sometimes cheaper depending on season.
>>
>>2024077
>>2025176
Oh and check local listings like facebook market place or lsn or your equivalent. Farmers sell them way cheaper than stores.
>>
>>2022443
i bought mine at the store, not ""specifically"" an arborist/gardener supply store but it does have a selection of less common/ more niche tools
>https://www.thegoodstuffshop.dk/
its Danish though, and im assuming your international
im sure you can get them online, although they do seem to be the most awkward Opinels to find online outside specialist stores
search things like "harvesting knife" "grape knife" or "billhook knife"
the slightly curved one is a No 8 and the alsmost sickle like one is No 10
as far as i can tell, the No.8 is just literally, an unfinished Opinel mishroom knife, which is why i like it, dont need a brush or fancy gimping
>>
>>2022611
>So does any leafy green.
which is why im hopeful of growing another ´baccy plant this year, moved to an apartment with tons of light, more light then the garden i was growing in before lol
>>2022866
>How did your tobacco do
well that's a bit complicated, all in it went very well, it was a rewarding plant to grow, i did have some difficulties. heres a short list

1.i planted WAY too many seeds in my starter bed, only aimed for one plant, tobacco seeds are fucking tiny, ended up with literally hundreds of sprouts

2. as you might expect Scandinavia isnt the ideal place to grow tobacco, and i was growing it in a large pot, you can see it in the image
but when it got to the size where i could no longer keep it indoors it actually got enough sun to grow really healthy, but the problem was wind
when it got to its full size we had a few really bad windy days that kept knocking it over causing substantiel damage to the leaves, it kept on chugging though, very sturdy plant

i didnt "bud" it or any of that that you do to maximize production because i wanted to see what the plant would look like if i let it grow naturally, its set absolutely beautiful pink flowers and bees FUCKING LOVED IT
beautifully, hardy, tall and with gorgeous flowers
if i ever get a spot where i can plant not in pots, im definitely planting some, just lovely garden plant
yea i harvested the leafs as the plant got older, ruined the aesthetic a bit, and i kinda fucked up the curing, didnt leave the leafs for 1-2 years etc but honestly, it did yield somewhat smokeable tobacco
and considering i barely tried... im gonna do better this time
>>
>>2025201
cant stress how fucking large of a plant it is though, i will see if i can scrounge up some pics from my old phone, but, besides a birch tree i planted when i was 8, it is BY FAR the biggest plant ive ever grown, interesting to try to do it entirely indoors this time
>>
>>2022870
no
>>
>>2025201
This post has convinced me that I should plant some tobacco

I wonder how well they would do indoors in a hydroponic setup
>>
>>2025201
>>2025202
I don't smoke or chew, but I like the thought of having a fuckhuge annual bee attractor, so I might try my hand at it this year
>>
File: tobacco+flower.jpg (262 KB, 1000x1333)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>2025210
considering i managed to grow one to like over 2 meter tall, in a pot, outside in Denmark, im fairly certain it will work
>>2025214
genuinely recommend it, i will try to find omse pictures of the flowers on mine, most of the pics on google i white to whitish pink, like pic rel
mine were BRIGHT pink and it set tons, which was also nice, since i basically went from
1 seed pod growing 1 plant
to
1 plant growing idunno like 30 pods?
and one pod had like 800 seeds

definitely know why it became a cash crop popular with the poor
>>
File: 20210214_170302.jpg (1.51 MB, 4000x2250)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
Just looking for some general advice on cherry tomato growing.

First of all is growing cherry tomatoes any different to regular tomatoes?

Also when should I repot these cherry tomatoe seedlings? They are 3 weeks old under a grow light under a book shelf with tinfoil all around to reflect. The lights on a 18-6 hour on-off schedule. Whats should my next step be?

I have a greenhouse to eventually put them out in and will be growing some in hanging baskets and in a pot with a cage.
>>
>>2025228
They look overcrowded. They will need multiple true leaves before I would consider up potting them but its hard to tell from your picture how much room they have.
>>
>>2025230
So repot them when true leaves appear. How long do ya reckon that would be? Thanks for response btw.
>>
>>2025230
Also does everything else sound ok? The amount of time the lights on and that? Any other potential problems?
>>
>>2025233
Are they 3 weeks from sowing or 3 weeks since they broke the surface/germinated?
>>
>>2025236
3 weeks since sowing
>>
>>2025235
>>2025237
ok so 18-6 is fine thats what I use. Its hard to tell from the picture but they look a touch leggy. Maybe move the light a couple of inches closer.

They look really wet. You might have problems with mold, fungus, or damping off if you are not letting them and the surface dry out.

You should be getting true leaves soon. Start thinning out the small, weak, and malformed ones and report back in a week.

Are they a determinate or indeterminate variety?
>>
>>2025241
Determinate variety.

I was watering them for germination but I better reduce it. Thanks fren
>>
File: 1613611544835.jpg (246 KB, 2048x1536)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>2018882
greenwood
>>
File: kg.jpg (117 KB, 1058x705)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>im not going to over plant again this year
>more seeds in the mail

ahhhhh send help.
>>
>>2020049
yeesh some of these plats take a lot of thyme
>>
>>2021435
>>2021443
First update, most holes showing mycelial development. Camera is making the collor far more orange than it actually is.
>>
File: 20210223_165257.jpg (2.5 MB, 4000x3000)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
My first radish! I'm very proud of this little guy
>>
>>2025446
A little scrawny innit?
>>
File: IMG_20210223_202015.jpg (2.13 MB, 2304x4096)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
My loofahs after bleaching.
>>
>>2025320
That's illegal.
>>
>>2025448
Looks like one of the white tip "French breakfast" kinds, could be a little bit fuller but it's not awful
>>
Where in the fuck do I find pod corn seeds? Been looking for weeks but can't find a suplier that doesn't raise some red flags.

>>2021181
Winecaps are the gold standard for that sort of thing, oysters would work fairly well also.

>>2019499
Never bothered with ducks, but I used to keep this big cornish/Jersey giant cross cock around to throw over my laying hens. Hens were all brown leghorn bbr oeg or white rocks and i would use the cock as a semi terminal sire to get some size on the offspring. Kept a couple hens out of it but they were never as good as the designated layer flock. Might be worth keeping a rouen or pking drake around just to beef up your hatchlings for slaughter
>>
>>2025547
>pod corn seeds
What are those, as opposed to regular corn seeds?
>>
>>2021526
powdery mildew my dude.
>>
File: 1614169720692.jpg (673 KB, 1280x720)
673 KB
673 KB JPG
>>2025446
How long did it take to grow?
>>2025547
Literally just plant pop corn kernels, worked for me (pic related)
>>
>>2025470
neat does the bleach make them brittle? I am going to grow loofah for food and loofah this year.
>>
File: podcorndevel.jpg (5 KB, 260x172)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>2025548
Pod corn or tunicate corn is a mutation in corn where each kernel is wrapped in its own leaf. I have only seen it once before in my life as a very young kid my dad bought me an ear from an estate sale and have been looking for some seeds for months now. Pic related. I actually own an ear of it already, but it was harvested some time before 1982 and I am hesitant to destroy something so rare and beautiful for 40+ year old seed.

>>2025646
Pod corn is not popcorn, but let us know how your popcorn turns out, I've always been curious how the hybrid does replanted.
>>
>>2025780
>Pod corn is not popcorn
Embarrassing, I misread your post, sorry anon
>>
File: IMG_20201030_090701.jpg (3.37 MB, 5120x3840)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
>>2025780
Also, I forgot to mention, I planted those back in July of last year, so obviously too late
The plants remained very short but I was surprised to see that they survived all the way to December and flowered multiple times but failed to set fruit
I'll try again when spring comes
>>
New thread:
>>2025802
>>2025802
>>2025802
>>
>>2025228
>First of all is growing cherry tomatoes any different to regular tomatoes?
no

>Also when should I repot these cherry tomatoe seedlings?
they should have been separated or thinned already
>>
>>2025646
Radish was a little under a month, should have lots more coming in the next week

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.