[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

hi, not sure if this fits better in here or /trv/, but i have not been solo camping before and covid lockdown in Los Angeles has been brutal and making me wish i lived somewhere with more nature. But until i can move, I wanted to go for a quick 1 or 2 day getaway and camp in my car, but every time ive camped it was with family or friends that brought all the equipment or RV to sleep in. my car is large enough for me to sleep in the back comfortably, it's not a 4WD but its powerful enough, are there any places around me i'm allowed to just drive off the path a bit and sleep in my parked car without getting some kind of park permit or sleeping next to a bunch of RVs? sorry if this is a dumb question, complete noob on this, i really just want to get an hour or two away from the city and sleep in my car and stargaze for a night or two and have some peace and quiet away from other people, that's literally it. thanks!
>>
>>2005706
yeah.
>>
File: 9392.jpg (381 KB, 1280x1280)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>2005706
>in Los Angeles
>California
Are you a minority? If so, you're allowed to pull over and camp on the side of the road. If you're white you're going to be fined for loitering, squatting, whatever.
>>
>>2005706
What this guy said>>2005716

The only exception is you can camp while white if you are a convicted rapist or murderer or pedophile
>>
File: 20191207_134905.jpg (1.12 MB, 4032x2268)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>2005706
Rest stops, BLM land, National Forest land, WalMart parking lots

Done this in CA, NV, AZ, UT, OR, WA, ID, CO, WY, MT w/no issues
>>
>>2005706
I feel ya. Check out the Amboy Crater. It's one of the darkest spots in Southern California so the stargazing is amazing. There is a parking lot you can sleep overnight in. It's in the middle of nowhere so I'd be surprised if you even encountered anyone there

Check the moonphases before you go. You don't want to go on a night with a full moon as that'll ruin the stargazing. There is a new moon on Feb 11th which would be the darkest night but you can do up to 10%-20% illumination and be fine. Obviously make sure the weather is clear before going (probably will be since it's Cali)

https://www.almanac.com/astronomy/moon/calendar/zipcode/92252/2021-02
>>
>>2005706
Her tattoo says "I love big black c- colored peoples shaft"
You know?
>>
>>2005706
Yeah I know this woman, she’s a Moab “local” on Instagram who decried traveling to Southern Utah under lockdown last March, all while living in SLC and weekending in Moab to profit off of influencer content. Rules for thee but not for me
>>
>>2005706
These pictures are slowly starting to disgust me
>>
>>2005722
rest stops and walmart parking lots (ie high traffic places) were kinda places i wanted to avoid. i know that makes it difficult when discussing places that are able to be driven to, but i mean its near the desert / national park, i can just drive out into the dirt and park and sleep?

>>2005738
thank you, never seen this before but this area looks really interesting, think i might do this! hopefully its legal to park overnight there, im sure theres gotta be a park ranger or something that checks up every once in a while right? though like you said it really is in the middle of nowhere

>>2005746
>>2005808
>>2005838
i literally just googled "car camping" and took the first picture to use as a placeholder what is wrong with you autists
>>
>>2005706
Ok /out/
you cunts need to define what "car camping" is.
Every fucking time it's brought up it's used to describe a different kind of camping.
is it....

>sleeping in your car
>driving your car up to the campsite and then pitching your tent etc nearby
>driving your car to the trail head and then hiking into the camp area

fucking make up your minds.
>>
>>2005949

>sleeping in your car
>driving your car up to the campsite and then pitching your tent etc nearby
>driving your car to the trail head and then hiking into the camp area

The first two are both car camping. If you have immediate access to your car, it's car camping, makes no difference whether you put up a separate shelter or use the car for shelter.

The third one depends. If you hike far enough that you no longer have access to the car, e.g. as a place to store food overnight, you're just regular camping, even if it's just a mile or two away.
>>
>>2005843
>what is wrong with you autists
You posted a picture of 3 things /out/ists hate : a happy young woman.
>>
>>2005966
She's not going to acknowledge you incel
>>
>>2005706
Typically you can do this in national forests and BLM land. National parks can be more strict (campgrounds, fees etc). Find an area you want to go to, or look on google maps for park areas and go on the website to confirm that they allow dispersed camping. Then go for it. Have fun anon
>>
File deleted.
>>2005843
Naaah, the question is, whats wrong with (You)?!
>>
it’s called dispersed camping, for forest service units look up their mvum (motor vehicle use map) and it will show which roads allow dispersed camping. on blm land you can pretty much go anywhere that doesnt specify against it. but make sure the roads are actually doable for your car.
>>
>>2005715
BASED yeah poster.
>>
>>2005722
>NV
There is no way I'd do this in NV without expecting some kind of trouble from local law enforcement.
>>
>>2006103
Why?
>>
>>2005949
i think the first two count, but i am specifically talking about sleeping in the back of my car here

>>2005982
thanks anon, i found this site from that crater someone mentioned and a lot of people talk about overnight parking on here, gonna try this out on some other areas im interested in visiting https://www.campendium.com/amboy-crater

>>2006030
appreciate the info anon, looking into it. thanks!
>>
>>2005949
Car camping is sleeping in your car, whoever says otherwise is a retard.
>>
File: Stupid is boring.jpg (68 KB, 690x362)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>2005981
>>
>>2006248
Also pitching tent/hammock next to your car.
>>
>>2006409
I'd consider that camping next to your car. Pedantic, I know, but a man must know his boundaries.
>>
>>2006248
Kind of correct
>>2006409
Correct
>>
i do car camping, i just go with my fwd eco shitbox hatchback peugeot 206. i just cary my backpacking stuff and camp outside of car. sometimes i dont walk too much so i go with my car and camp for few days, i just leave my food in car because there are wolwes on some places i camp. car is great because you can carry all luxury stuf you want. i dont want to sleep in car because i am to tall for it. uf place you sleep is safe i would sleep on only sleeping pad and sleeping bag and mosquto tent, uf there is wild animals i prefer tent. i have never tried hamock but i am thinking about buying it. tarp is also awsome in summer. also dont wild camp too close to your car.
>>
LA really isn't that bad for nature if you're willing to drive a little. Angeles, San Bernardino, and Cleveland National forests are all very close and accessible. Fairly close to cities though, probably not great for stargazing. If you go a little further out there's Anza Borrego and Mojave National Preserve both of which are great for camping and generally remote (though AZB gets a lot of rich assholes in 4x4s).

In general you an camp anywhere (usually called dispersed or primitive camping) on almost any land managed by the forest service or BLM. Once you pick a general area check the website for the land agency and they'll usually have lists of good campsites, trails, etc and local regulations. Have fun anon <3
>>
Car camping is nice. I highly recommend building a platform and using a thick mattress topper rather than just throwing everything in the back like OP pic. You can build a simple platform in a few hours, and then store all the crap underneath, including a fridge/cooler. Check out youtube, there's tons of projects, from simple to holy fuck excessive.
>>
>>2006641
this guy's never camped
>>
Some national forests have campgrounds in them. The few I’ve been to are only like $2, and you pay on an honor system. Some have “unimproved” sites, ie sites with no electricity or water, and usually inaccessible by RV.

To really avoid the crowds, go during the week.
>>
File: 1585052580998.jpg (117 KB, 740x960)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2006409
>>2006245
>>2005958
>pitching next to/near your car counts
nah needs a different term.
cuz by that definition fucking everyone "car camps"

so you're saying me driving my 4wd 100 miles into a forest, pushing over saplings and bushes, dodging abandoned mine shafts to get deep into the bushland is the same as some dad camping with his wife and 2 kids at the local campground?

nah get fucked cunt.
>>
File: 1600353304113.jpg (169 KB, 736x552)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>2007123
this.
in countries with actually dangerous /out/ like Australia you'd have to be fucking retarded or literally on fire to leave your vehicle.
NEVER
LEAVE
YOUR
VEHICLE
under any circumstances.

That's how cunts die out bush.
>>
>>2006103
I disagree with you there. Have done it.
>>
>>2005706
I used to live in San Diego and would go climbing/camping in Southern California. My version of car camping then was to either pitch a tent or throw down my crash pad and sleep under the stars. I did a lot of dispersed camping on BLM land like
>>2006773
said and that worked great. You can find the land on the BLM website, the interactive map. Did not have as good of luck on the national forests, which is a complete 180 from where I grew up, but the forests in so cal were cramped as fuck and I never felt like I could just drive down an old lumber road and be left alone. The best I found for national forests are Yellow Post sites, which are free, and are easily found on google (ie. “yellow post campsite San Bernardino”)
>>
>>2007123
>so you're saying me driving my 4wd 100 miles into a forest, pushing over saplings and bushes, dodging abandoned mine shafts to get deep into the bushland is the same as some dad camping with his wife and 2 kids at the local campground?
Yeah, you’re both car camping
>>
>>2006773
>>2006936
>>2007145
sounds like BLM land is a safe bet then, much appreciated guys. i'll check out the map and see what areas i want to visit

>forests in so cal were cramped as fuck and I never felt like I could just drive down an old lumber road and be left alone
this is definitely something i was worried about, a lot of small hiking trails around LA are shut down because of excess traffic so i figure there's also a lot of people out camping right now too. i'll try to go during the week and maybe somewhere less populated. will also check yellow post sites, thank you!!
>>
>>2007123
>is the same as some dad camping with his wife and 2 kids at the local campground?
The dad and his wife are doing it better.
>>
>>2007145
Nice rocks. Where is that?
>>
>>2007311
It looks like Alabama Hills near Mt. Whitney in CA. Southern Sierras.
>>
>>2007324
Great, thanks
>>
>>2007324
real close, it's buttermilks up by bishop
>>
>>2006103
ya got no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>2006211
Everywhere outside of the two major cities in Nevada is a racist, backwater, meth-infested shithole. They don't even wear masks outside the cities and they have these weird signs about how COVID don't real.
>>
>>2005706
Don't come anywhere near nature stay in LA where you belong. No one wants you out here.
>>
>>2005706
Since you're in LA take the freeway out of Lacanada or glendora innawoods, and look for a spot with dispersed camping. That being said, you're probably gonna trash the area up so stick to glamping by the beach fag
>>
>>2007771
so they're all based? cool
>>
Question for any Euros, I’m a norf west Brit and when this whole covid stuff has died down enough I was thinking of doing a car camping trip around Sweden/Norway, what are their laws like with regards to camping? Would they care if I just rocked up to a woodland spot, parked respectably and didn’t leave any trace at all? I want to do something different and solo and getting a ferry across in my own car and Jusg going around some Fjords seems comfy
>>
>>2005843
tint your windows and install rain visors on all four of them. This will allow you to sleep incognitoly at apartment complexes and hospital parking lots. Find one close to a 24-hour pharmacy or McDonald's so you can go #2 in, otherwise keep a large size McDonald's cup in your car for #1s. Get a thick queen or king size memory foam mattress pad and fold in half for super comfy bed. Get a gym membership to get fix and shower.

t. been car camping in a Honda Fit for 4 years
>>
>>2009673
>>
>>2009673
most apartment complexes are no good. find one where there's plenty of excess parking not close to the buildings or where people walk their dogs. Hospital parking lots work well, had a cop harass me in a Walmart parking lot even though I had Walmart's permission. Some hotel parkings lots work well too unless they have security.
>>
>>2009674
>inb4 manlet
My 6'0" frame can full stretch out in a Honda Fit because the memory foam pad gets tucked behind and under the front passenger seat which is moved all the way forward.

COLD is amazing! It's the HEAT of the summer that makes car camping MISERABLE if you're stuck in it all day. I tried to escape the heat by going to Billings, Montana but there were a trillion grasshoppers everywhere and it reached 100 degrees two or three times per week it was miserable. In the summer time your best best to avoid the heat is the rocky mountains.
>>
>>2009673
been thinking about tinting my windows more or buying some kind of window blockers for future car sleeping

>>2009681
re: cold / hot, this is definitely something ive been thinking about. usually cold can be remedied easily with blankets, but when it's real hot out what do you do, not like you can just leave the car running with AC
>>
>>2010499
>re: cold / hot, this is definitely something ive been thinking about. usually cold can be remedied easily with blankets, but when it's real hot out what do you do, not like you can just leave the car running with AC
Well you can run the car with the air conditioner on all night but I don't recommend it. I've done it a dozen times maybe. Buy a carbon monoxide alarm if you do in case there is an exhaust leak. The heat of the summer really sucks, and if you roll down the windows more than a crack that ruins your stealth from the tinted rain visors blocking the cracked windows. The coldest I slept was in Colorado when the thermometer next to my head read 17 degrees when I woke up. I slept in a beanie, clothed and in a sleeping bag. That experience was much more pleasant than the tossing and turning and sweating I did trying to sleep in the heat of the summer at some times. If the low is 80, guarantee it'll be 90 in the car, even with cracked windows. Elevation is what saves you in the summer, or being somewhere like Seattle or the U.P. where it never gets too hot. I recommend getting a tablet that has a cellular chip for entertainment, a cover, and two of the $5 Onn magnetic vent clips at Walmart. I go through over 100Gb/mo streaming vidya. Running cables behind stereo is optional. Also get a steering wheel cover so you can move the tablet to it for easier viewing when not driving. pic related
>>
>>2011492
superglue the metal plates to the back of the tablet like this to attach to the two magnets. Very sturdy and convenient. Jesus Christ is God.
>>
>>2011492
bro please clean the inside of your car :((((((((((
>>
>>2005706
how do they sleep with the hatch open all night? wouldnt it run the battery down from the door open sensor being constantly triggered ?(i dont know the proper technical term for that). i have a crv too but have never bothered in summer cause i figured i would roast to death with the hatch closed
>>
>>2011598
Uhh, does she look like she’s sleeping?
>>
>>2005706
bumping thread for similar interests
Los Angeles lockdown has totally gotten me thinking about this exact topic
my parents have an old suburban I want to use, I've no experience with this but how hard can it be?
>>
>>2011492
What kind of subhuman loser sleeps in a vehicle?
>>
>>2011680
Yeah. Just sleeping
>>
>>2011492
>I recommend getting a tablet that has a cellular chip for entertainment
lol, god damn, i literally bought an ipad right before covid started, but not the cellular one because i thought id never need it.

smart idea on the monoxide alarm, i feel like running the AC all night would be bad for the car no? ~7 hours with the car on and running AC would at the very least waste a lot of gas, maybe i could buy a small battery operated fan or something. really like your setup though, seems like you got it down, id love to have it all put together like that and just make overnight trips around wherever i want.

>>2011888
its a nightmare man, i just recently moved here too right before covid and the parks and nature around the city are absolutely fucking atrocious, there really is no escape of the sprawl without driving 2 hours
>>
>>2012072
>waste a lot of gas
Depends on your definition of "waste" and "a lot". You use about 1/3rd of a gallon of gasoline per hour idling. Gasoline is cheap, for how much longer who knows, but gasoline automobiles aren't really designed to idle for 8 hours a day every day. The more pressing concern would be wear on the vehicle versus literally a few extra dollars in gasoline made up for by skipping McDonald's twice a week. If it's a beater that you have no long term care or concern for that can be replaced easily then I wouldn't give it a second thought. If this is a nice, long term vehicle I wouldn't use it in this manner.
>>
>>2011501
news flash: Shiny black plastic attracts dust particles. Even if you wipe them off they'll be back in a few hours
>>
>>2011916
>What kind of subhuman loser sleeps in a vehicle?
So the bigger and better the house the better a man?
>And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
>>
>>2012072
>smart idea on the monoxide alarm, i feel like running the AC all night would be bad for the car no? ~7 hours with the car on and running AC would at the very least waste a lot of gas, maybe i could buy a small battery operated fan or something. really like your setup though, seems like you got it down, id love to have it all put together like that and just make overnight trips around wherever i want.
It's definitely taxing on your vehicle's system. I've been in the Fit 3 years but 1 year in a minivan before that. Looking to get a house now that I found my "sweet spot" after putting 140,000 miles on the 2018 Fit. I did have to recharge the A/C at one point but I only ran the A/C all night maybe a dozen times. btw if your vehicle has direct injection than fill up with 100% pure gas, not 10% ethanol. I had to take off the intake manifold and clean the intake valves, amongst other things because I was using normal 10% ethanol fuel

https://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/maps.jsp
>>
>>2012466
Is your 1986 yugo a house?
>>
>>2007123
That's called overlanding.
>>
>>2007124
North America /out/ is definitely more dangerous than Australia /out/.
>>
>>2012469
the way to make money living in a car is to be a food carrier. With Postmates you simply turn on the app in whatever city you're in. With others you have to fill out a form to transfer cities. This is how I racked up 140,000 miles on my 18' Fit. I basically traveled the country from city to city (often simply trying to avoid heat) and have done over 6,000 deliveries. I got to see many places and get to know the people of an area. It's actually more pleasant driving in cities than driving long distance on highways, Americans have gotten bad at highway driving recently, lots of road rage, people treating the highways like an autobahn, nobody merging at speed, everyone and their brother accelerating because you're passing them, etc. Anyhoo, I'm very grateful to the Lord Jesus Christ to have finally found a place to call home, and am happy to answer any questions anyone has.
>>
>>2012780
that's really smart, never thought of that. sounds like a comfy way to experience a lot of the US. how have you been dealing with showers / bathroom with covid lockdowns? always afraid to go anywhere for extended periods of time now because nobody has open bathrooms anymore
>>
>>2007124
>2 spare Tyres
>>
>>2005838
yeah? welcome to hating normies buckaroo
>>
File: re_amemiya_FC2003.jpg (52 KB, 740x540)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>2006248
for real, pulling up your car and pitching a tent is just called fucking CAMPING

by these retarded zoomers' definition there is no such thing as non-car-camping unless you walk out into the wilderness from your permanent home.
but hey i read it on 10bestultralighttentsupmyass.com and it sounded cool
>>
>>2009113
My understanding is that Norway is campervan central and you can pretty much park and sleep wherever you want.
>>
File: 1609879136957.jpg (172 KB, 819x1024)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>2013764
>for real, pulling up your car and pitching a tent is just called fucking CAMPING
I don't even understand your comment and you seem to have had a brain fact while reading mine. Let's do it sesame Street style.

Sleeping in your car = car camping
Sleeping in a tent outside your car = camping
Pitching a tent inside your car = retard
>>
>>2012953
>how have you been dealing with showers / bathroom with covid lockdowns?
Easy. A gym membership for showering. When I wake up I'll drive to the closest McDonald's to use the bathroom and get some morning coffee. I keep a large size McDonald's cup handy for emergency #1s just in case, but there's always a bathroom nearby UNLESS you're on the west coast. Places like Las Vegas and Seattle and probably California have a very bad homeless/drug problem and some of them tend to ruin the bathrooms so many bathrooms are locked down because of that. Places like Phoenix, St. Louis, Louisville, etc there are no issues finding bathrooms.
>>
>>2005843
Rest stops and walmart parking lots are obviously not the fun choice but anon mentioned them because they are very practical and common. Sometimes you just need a place to sleep. National forest and BLM land are the real champions of car camping, you can pull over anywhere and camp, referred to as “dispersed camping”. National parks are super strict. Think of them as resorts. You can’t just do things in national parks without paying for permits, reserving spots, etc.
>>
>>2014307
>rest stops
Rest stops are good but in some states they don't allow sleeping overnight.

https://www.sleepinsider.com/is-it-illegal-to-sleep-in-your-car/

Hospital parking lots are underrated. I'm in one now, pic related. Some Walmarts don't allow overnight parking.
>>
>>2014307
>National forest and BLM land are the real champions of car camping, you can pull over anywhere and camp, referred to as “dispersed camping”. National parks are super strict. Think of them as resorts. You can’t just do things in national parks without paying for permits, reserving spots, etc.
this is good advice. Lots of BLM land in Arizona, and gold if you have a metal detector.
>>
>>2014171
>there's always a bathroom nearby UNLESS you're on the west coast
yeah, i'm OP i live in LA thats why i was so curious, i havent seen a single public bathroom open around here since march 2020. its gotten a bit better but mostly all bathrooms are locked from public, its insane.

>National forest and BLM land are the real champions of car camping, you can pull over anywhere and camp, referred to as “dispersed camping”. National parks are super strict.

thank you for clarifying this, i didnt really know the difference between national forest and national parks, or blm land for that matter. i know i can sleep in walmart & rest stops, i just wanted to specifically car camp somewhere in nature this time around so that makes looking for spots easier
>>
>>2005843
I car camp in my nearest national park almost every weekend. Never seen a ranger after dark and never been hassled. I just find an out of the way place to park. I don't sleep in the car but in a bivvi or swag
>>
Way to go imo. Hammock if it’s nice. Jeep if it’s cold.
>>
>>2014344
I work at a hospital and the security guards will hassle you if you try sleeping un the parking lot. They make constant rounds.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HMLBtNRW5Y

it's like people don't know about Steve
>>
>>2005706
Yes but it's kind of sketch I was on BLM land once up in nor cal and my car got attacked by a meth head. My advice is to go find camping areas where normal people are around and just go in late at night so you don't have to pay for a spot then sleep in your car and leave early, the biggest danger when sleeping in your car is definitely not the police it's getting attacked by random weirdos
>>
>>2014607
>I don't sleep in the car but in a bivvi
You can always tell a LARPer
>>
>>2014806
true good point, especially in the desert. safety in numbers i guess
>>
>>2007123
EXTREME car camping.
>>
>>2005722
your cars got a gay vibe
>>
>>2014692
must be dependent on the hospital. How do they know who is visiting somebody in the hospital? They wouldn't be able to tell I was in my car unless they walked up to a window and cupped their hands to look inside or shine a flashlight
>>
>>2014620
nice, now try getting a Queem or King sized extra thick memory foam mattress pad and fold it in half to sleep on.. it's more comfy than many actual bed beds.
>>
>>2014465
>>
File: DSCF5386.jpg (212 KB, 773x1000)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>2005706
Cali has a fuck ton of BLM land. Hit up superior dry lakebed or anything out there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2W1bmBDkK0G6SkB1hYdMKw
>>
Look at getting a 12v/24v air conditioner(they exist) or at least a 12v/24v fan AND a portable canopy for your vehicle. Since you are car camping, just get a couple extra marine batteries/golf cart batteries, wire them together parallel and connect a large enough solar panel to them. Now you got power for your AC to NOT DRAIN/Destroy your vehicles batteries/gas reserves. Look into all those 12v/24v appliances too, heating fans/frying pans/compressor refrigerators/washing machines/dryers but seriously
get a portable carport or something with reflective insulation inside
>>
>>2015892
>>2015623
lol.
>>
Was going to post a new thread but guess we have a /carcamping/ already.

I live out of my car (Subaru Outback) for short periods of time for work and recreation but often find it gets damp extremely quickly. It rains a lot here and I often have to crawl in sodden clothes which I then struggle to dry, and as I can't leave the windows open at night because of the rain, I get ridiculous condensation and damp each morning, and now mould has started to grow on a couple of the seats. How do I keep my car dry?
>>
>>2005706
>are there any places around me i'm allowed to just drive off the path a bit and sleep in my parked car without getting some kind of park permit or sleeping next to a bunch of RVs?
Only if you are a traveler under maritime law
>>
File: 1610880963977.jpg (193 KB, 500x500)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
Try the app.
Park4night
In Europe that work pretty well, but in Europe there is no robocop everywhere, waking you in middle of a night to give you a bill and gtfo..
>>
File: 1585184067289.gif (871 KB, 404x402)
871 KB
871 KB GIF
By the way..
Love you Mery Ca
Make you great again.. With mental power of every anononheart. Ciao Trumpyboop
>>
>>2013835
you got it
>>
>>2014806
Wtf? What happened? I’ve run into some annoying people on BLM and forest land but nothing like that
>>
File: 1442621597146.gif (685 KB, 500x500)
685 KB
685 KB GIF
>>2018967
>>2018972
impotent seething isn't going to bring back the /out/ your ancestors threw away.
>>
>>2012123
Retard cars work better when the engine is kept warm, it's tunring the car off for long periods that damage the engine when starting from cold
>>
>>2005706
I know some good spots hmu op xsamuraijeff@protonmail.com
>>
>>2011492
How to keep cool in a vehicle: holes in the bottom.
High pressure breeze build up at bottom of vehicle. There's a reason why cats like it. Yes, ideally far from exhaust and can be made to be closeable captain obvious.
>>
File: 20210217_203925.jpg (2.11 MB, 4000x1868)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>2007124
burgers don't understand the remoteness of Australia.
>>2012506
In America the danger is bears mountain lions and wolves, no large predators in Australia aside from crocs which are easy to avoid. But in Australia it's the isolation that kills you, You could be driving down a bad dirt track where if you break down no one will come past for a month or more, and you can't walk to safety, so if you aren't prepared you're fucked.

>>2013741
1 is not enough out here
>>
>>2005843
Is she wearing a fucking carhartt hat?
>>
>>2019094
>damage the engine when starting from cold
doubt
>>
>>2019094
>cars work better when the engine is kept warm
Heat soaking the engine bay for hours on end with no air movement aside from the radiator fan degrades plastic components rapidly, you ignorant nigger. Think for one second before making a post.
>>
>>2015896
Honda fit guy here. I forgot to mention that the motorcycle battery that came in the car died after 4 months of heavy usage. I chopped up the bottom of the battery tray and squeezed in the biggest battery I could while still leaving a small gap for the ECU. Get a deep cycle 51R and keep the receipt as it will only last about a year under heavy usage, but can be traded in under warranty.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.