[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6931-1-1024x768.jpg (229 KB, 1024x768)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
Any spooky/unexplainable stories, or fun and enjoyable stories are appreciated.

Been a long time lurker on /out/ and not entirely sure how to greentext, but still would like to share some of the shit my siblings and I have seen out in the woods and mountains.
>>
>>1982559
>still would like to share
okay we’re waiting.
>>
Wow you drove to a hotel. So adventure
>>
File: 1604464217694.jpg (20 KB, 320x320)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
My mom's friend saw a Sasquatch near Morley.
>>
>>1982559
>Been a long time lurker on /out/
and you didn't check the catalog?
>>1982424
>>
>>1982578
This story is one from my brother who is 3 years older than me, gonna be leaving out some specifics and will change a few things to keep anonymous.

He works as a stable hand on a ranch about 45 mins due north, northwest of the city we live in out in the aspen parklands/foothills. Most of the things he's seen out there he refuses to share with me due to "not wanting to cause more problems", so most of what I've heard is what he's told me when he's drunk. Brother and his coworkers say they keep seeing "weird things" off along the property lines and in the back pastures late at night. Faces, human shapes, scurrying, movement, footprints etc. And a lot of noises, like conversations but not loud enough to where you could discern what is being said.

The ranch had recently just been sold to a new family from the previous owners around 8 months before he began working there. When he first noticed things weren’t as normal at night as they had seemed he asked the owners if they’ve been seeing the same things, and he was told “if you don’t pay much attention to it, they won’t bother you”. When he pressed further for answers, especially if this had happened with the previous owners he was told “they saw things too, now stop asking about it. Don’t want to upset them”.

Sometimes when the ranch is short staffed he is asked to remain on the property overnight and tend to the animals out there. He's told me that while staying out there overnight, especially during the winter he has awoken to pasture gates being open, footprints in the snow, and damage to some of the fence posts and doors in the barn/stables. While trying to sleep in the guest house separate of the owners house (usually unoccupied), he's claimed that he's heard what sounds like "dozens'' of people outside the guest house knocking on windows and doors, and generally making “Weird noises” (never elaborated), and leaving hundreds of new footprints in the snow.
>>
>>1982616

I didn’t spend much time out there at the ranch property until I started to get into /out/ shit, and asked if I could tag along a few nights if work wasn’t busy and he said yes. I remember when he first told me about this it was later in the evening in early October and we were walking around the back pastures doing the rounds before he left for the night. I was looking off towards the fenceline and saw what looked like a person peeking around from the side of a shed about 50m away by the fence. I pointed it out to him and he told me not to stare at them too long and to continue walking with him, which distressed me. I kept looking back and saw that what I had seen moved from the shed to a nearby cover for horse feed and hay bales, again I told him I was getting freaked out, and in a calm tone he said “don’t pay attention to him, just keep walking with me”. We finally got back to the barn that was closest to the guest house and he told me that he had seen that one of the pasture gates was open and that we had to go close it, I asked if I could stay in the barn and wait for him, and he said yes and that he’d be back in a few minutes. Almost as soon as he left I heard footsteps walking into the barn from the other entrance that was closest to the guest house. At about the same time i began to hear knocking and banging along the wall of the barn that was closest to me, and this lasted for about 30 seconds at most. I went and looked down the long hallway between stalls in the barn and saw no-one walking towards me, but still heard the sounds of footsteps coming towards me. At this point I was getting pretty freaked out, and soon my brother came back and told me it was time to go. Nothing else of note happened that night, and soon after we left in his truck for home.
>>
>>1982618
On the drive back I asked him about what was happening out there and that I was concerned about what he had said and what I had seen. He said not for me to worry, and told me that after awhile he got used to “them”, and that they’d “leave you alone if you just ignore them”.

There’s a few more things that have happened out there that I’d be willing to share if you wanted to hear about it, and if need be I can elaborate on any parts of this story. I have a few separate spooks that I’ve witnessed, and am also willing to share if you want. I’m just not sure about the text limit for 4chan so that's why I won't be typing anymore.
>>
>>1982616
>>1982618
>>1982619
Alright, you got me spooked, share more please
>>
>>1982616
>>1982618
>>1982619
are you the faggot who was larping about the firewatch towers on /x/?
>>
Any 'berta bros remember those hollowed out cows that turned up somewhere south of red deer?
>>
>>1982831
When abouts was this? I'm from a bit further North but I think I remember hearing about this from my godmother who lived in Calgary up until a couple years ago
>>
I know a dude from Edmonton who insists as a kid he saw a bigfoot and it made eye contact. He smelt the worst smell ever, heard a roar then he just got a wave of fear and just ran home. The guy wasn't super into paranormal shit either, it was just his one time experience.
>>
>>1982589
I accidentally camped on injun reserve land near there once. Pretty spooky
>>
File: 1609777452505.jpg (97 KB, 939x1024)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Why do we have so many threads detected to this? Wouldn't it make more sense to have one thread dedicated to this topic?
>>
>>1982559
Hurtin, hurtin, my asshole's hurtin i just gave birth to another albertan
>>
>>1983023
don't see any others dedicated to berda

>>1982616
lots of old battlegrounds in the foothills
seen plenty of weird shit when I lived near Sundre. But then I used to drive out to on dark roads, lay on the roof of my car and listen to Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell, and look at the stars / aurora.

The acreage I lived on near Sundre always had shit moving just off the property line. At night the motion sensor lights would randomly come on, then when I'd go out to check there would be no footprints or animal tracks in the snow, or any signs of anything being there.

One night I found a secluded gravel road dark enough that I could see the night sky, I was out laying on my roof listening to the radio. The aurora was out and super low, I heard that if you whistle or snap it will dance. So I did, and I swear it came down to about 20 feet above me. Just then I heard a fucking loud crashing and grinding and clicking sound of rusted steel, like some kind of massive old machine. My hair stood on end and I slid off the roof, through the driver side window and into the seat, turned on the car and pealed the fuck out of there in one fluid motion.
I drove out there the next day thinking that there must be a fucked up oil well or one of those old threshing machines that something fell off of. when I found the spot there was nothing but open fields all around, the farm houses were way off, and no machinery around of any kind.

These days one of my camping buddies is a Blackfoot dude, he has some stories that would turn your short curlies white, but I can't really repeat them.
>>
>>1982732

OP here, still don't know how to figure this shit out, and sorry for the delay in posting more, school just started up again. A lot of the other stories I have happened while I've been solo hiking, or while group camping.

Memorable one was once when I went camping alone in the Brazeau Reservoir Recreation Area about 60km southwest of Drayton Valley. Reservoir is split into two parts, the main reservoir then a secondary reservoir that water is pumped into when levels are low. I was camping along the 20km or so long access road to the dam in the "canal" area (secondary reservoir) (not sure about legality, but no-one bothered me). I will admit I was drinking this trip, but not so much that it was an issue. It was about 1-130 in the morning in late july and I was up stargazing sitting back in my lawn chair sipping on some whiskey when I suddenly felt the feeling I was being watched. I naturally started looking around towards the treeline and the access road I was camping around 50m away from, but saw nothing and didn’t think much of it, and soon the feeling went away. I’d say around a half hour later I got up to take a piss and walked towards the treeline not even 4m away from my campsite, as soon as I started pissing I felt that same feeling of being watched. This time when I looked around I saw in the dim glow of the fire a silhouette standing up the clearing towards the dam access road just staring at me. I didn’t see any distinguishing features on it other than it appeared it had its arms at its side, but just presence enough seriously unnerved me. After promptly shitting a brick thinking a Transalta employee or park employee caught me illegally camping in the rec area, I started back to my camp watching the thing just looking at me. Part of me still thought it was human, or at least humanlike initially, but that was quickly dashed when it just kept standing there in the dark looking at me.
>>
>>1983666
It made no sound, no movements, no expressions, nothing. Just looked like a man that was completely black from head to toe. A minute or two passed while I was just standing around my campsite completely bewildered looking at the thing when it just suddenly started backing up into the darkness away from the light of the fire, and soon it disappeared completely into the darkness. As panic set in I quickly doused the fire with some of my water and went and zipped myself into my tent hoping to sleep. For the next hour while I was trying to sleep I kept hearing rustling outside my tent as if something was brushing up against my tent and walking around my campsite. The entire time I was petrified with fear thinking that I was gonna end up on the 6 o’clock news as a story about a camper being murdered, but just as I was falling asleep it began raining and I didn’t hear anything else that night.

When I woke up at 830 after sleeping rough that night I exited my tent and immediately saw the aftermath of the night before. Hundreds of muddy footprints all over the clearing where my camp was set up. Footprints all around my tent, campfire, chairs, car, you name it there there. Freaking out I immediately decided to GTFO back to civilization and come back another time (was supposed to be gone 2 nights, that was night 1). I hastily packed my camp up into the back of my car and dipped going south on highway 620 towards highway 11. Nothing else of note happened that day/trip, I ended up booking a campsite in Jasper that afternoon and spent my last night away near civilization and not in the boonies. I went back the summer later and didn’t have any /x/ encounters out there. Very pretty area in the foothills, lots of small rivers/creeks and plenty of hiking, would recommend.
>>
>>1982741

OP here, no I'm not, and I'm not really sure what you're talking about. But funnily enough that has been a summer career that's interested me, especially cause my degree is in the forestry field.
>>
>>1982924

OP here, I've heard of some stories and seen and heard some shit off in the forest about stuff like that. Nothing notable other than seeing/hearing humans when no-one is around. Freaked me out in the moment but I never lost sleep over it.

I should mention though that I am a firm believer that there is shit out in the forest that we don't know about, and probably will never know about. So part of me wants to believe in first nations legends and old-wives tales, but I'm always skeptical about shit like that. Neither am I a firm believer in the paranormal/afterlife, I have just seen some stuff that I can't explain and I just want to know if others have experienced things like this to validate that I'm not becoming a schizo.
>>
>>1982589
>>1982589
Pretty sure you just saw a drunk injun
>>
File: Eddie_Van_Whalen.jpg (16 KB, 220x280)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>1984476
>that reading comprehension
>>
>>1982559

No a story per-se, but our group of 3 was camping down near racehorse creek, not at the provincial camp site but across the bridge and about 4km in. Woke up to some old guy going through our stuff. Yelled at him and he ran off up the trail going upriver. That was ~5 years ago and haven't gone back.

>>1982831

isn't that an x-file episode?
>>
>>1982559
A friend of mines been doing live in maintenance work at the old camp out at Nordegg Alberta and he swears the place is haunted. Hes in charge of these bunk houses / towers as well as some other buildings on site, and keeps hearing and seeing all sorts or strange shit.
>>
>>1986042
>isn't that an x-file episode?
"cattle mutilation" was a big spoop meme since back in the 80's.
>>
>>1984476
That’s my answer to every story I have read here. I have a place in the woods 2 hours from Hobema, no natives because you either live in hobema or escape hobema, not live 2 hours from hobema if your native. I have no stories like this.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.