[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>he fell for the “ethical hunting” meme

Your ancestors are laughing at you
>>
What constitues as "unethical" hunting? Mustard gas? Napalm?
>>
>>1982341
Making a shitty shot and having it bolt and bleed out a mile down the trail
>>
>>1982341
There is no unethical hunting, animals to humans are food and/or environmental stewards. Do whatever you want to them, I happen to think it’s smart to not kill wantonly but that’s a personal call and unrelated to the pseudo philosophy of ethics.
>>
>>1982341
Killing the animal in a way that causes unnecessary suffering. Anyone who tortures the animal before killing it is a psychopath.
>>
>>1982342
Meat is meat, only you suffer if the animal tastes worse or is harder to harvest
>>
>>1982342
>>1982343
>>1982344
>shoots animal
>bad shot
>animal runs
>dies somewhere else
>other animal eats it or you find it and eat it
all this concern over animals. i love them too but its like as a society we have more remorse for them than we do for other people. it hurts to die.
>>
>>1982351
It probably doesn’t hurt, shock+adrenaline are extremely mind altering
>>
>>1982341
Ethical hunting 101:
1. Always keep your anal plug lubed up
2. Always respect women and black bodies
3. Never do a heckin racism
4. Never attempt to hunt unless you can kill an animal at 1000 yards with a perfectly placed shot
5. Never use an baby killing assault weapon
6. Never forget to pay your $1500 tax on each animal cruelty slain
7. Always prep the bull

Remember, we ALLOW you to hunt, if you aren’t a good boy we will PUNISH you
>>
>>1982360
Is hunting with less than a 50 caliber bullet ethical? Science says no.
>>
File: army_rat.jpg (27 KB, 400x265)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I hunt deer with an AR15.
Whoever said not to shoot at a running deer was obvious butthurt they were stuck using grandpa's blunderbuss.
>>
>>1982341
Dynamiting fish maybe?
>>
>>1982341
Traps. Which is kinda dumb desu
>>
>>1982381
99% of the meat consumed before large scale animal husbandry was trap harvested
>>
>>1982378
more ethical than beating it with a stick
>>
>>1982338
>not hunting with a mutated virus that makes all animals in a 30 mile radius climb directly into your mouth
NGMI
>>
>>1982384
Good to know. Either way doesn't take a genius to know you have more chances to eat if you put collets everywhere than if you just wait in the snow for a hare to show up. It's forbidden here though for whatever reason.
>>
>>1982392
It also takes a lot less caloric expenditure which is important if you don’t have grocery stores, modern bourgeois-hunters get a thrill out of wasting effort, they call it “sportsmanship”.
>>
>>1982338
You don't hunt
>>
>>1982338
tf is ethical hunting and what am I looking at in this picture other than a dead turkey?
>>
>>1982440
OP is a phoneposting ar15forum refugee that's been shitting up the board.
>>
>>1982341
Using fmj rounds and traps that dont kill like a bear trap.
>>
>>1982351
>we have more remorse for them than we do for other people
Probably because there's like 100x more people than them. And we like them more than people.
>>
I don’t hunt with anything less than an air strike. When I see a deer I use a laser to paint it so my buddy can do a gun run in his A10.

I know a guy out in Texas who uses a personal orbital weapon system though. Pretty sweet set up. Big ol microwave laser that cooks the deer as it dies.
>>
>>1982384
Animal husbandry is as old as the white race buddy.
>>
>>1982537
Has nothing to do with hunting
>>
>not hunting deer with a javelin missile

It's like you enjoy their suffering, you sadistic freak.
>>
>>1982395
>>1982395
based lazy communo-hunterist
>>1982523
>there's 100x as many people as there are animals
anon are you fucking stupid
there's 60 billion livestock animals alone
>>
>>1982670
>omg I can’t believe you didn’t include a kill switch on your rifle controlled by a random number generator to increase the artificial difficulty we impose on hunters for some weird reason
>>
>>1982351
Executioners could face execution for performing a botched execution.
If you're going to take a life, dont be a limpwristed fuckwit about it.
One time I blew a snakes head off but it wasn't its head, I just blew it's face off and it was writhing around and I had to shoot it like 7 times before it died lol. even if it was just a shitty snake I still felt bad about the stupid unessesarily painful way it had to go out.
>>
>>1982338
>>1982343
>>1982351
>>1982360

Allowing an animal to needlessly suffer, especially for your amusement, is nigger behavior. What is it about the idea of hunting quickly and cleanly that makes you chimp out?
>>
>ethical hunting is killing the animal quickly and efficiently so it doesn't suffer or spoil
>ethical hunting is using the worst tools possible so the animal has a chance
How is it possible to hold both beliefs?
>>
>>1982899
>How is it possible to hold both beliefs?
Because it's entirely possible to do both. For example using a bow instead of a gun is basically retarded from a purely practical standpoint.
>>
>>1982906
Touche, anon. It's just frustrating to deal with retards who come just shy of alleged hyperbole like >>1982854.
>>
>>1982338
also cucked
>>
>>1982939
Retarded fucking coomer
>>
>>1982381
Traps have bycatch and really fuck up non target animals if they’re done wrong
>>
>>1982948
Back to /pol/ you go
>>
>>1982812
Are you hunting livestock animals?
>>
>>1982391
That's what Leopards do to Chimps with their toxo
>>
The Indians used to:
>Drive Buffalo off cliffs
>Smoke ground squirrels out of holes forcing them to flee into sacs that would be beaten until they stopped moving
>Dress up as deer so as to get close enough to kill other deer with poison darts
>Awaken mother bears early from hibernation to beat them and their cubs to death
>Kill any whales/dolphins that got too close to the shore
>Use nets either thrown in the air or in the middle of waterways to catch flying ducks and geese
No society that hunted for their food or interacted with nature on a regular basis had a concept of unethical hunting.
>>
>>1983426
Doing it for legitimate subsistence is different. If you bought all your shit in a store and put yourself in that position on purpose you abide by different standards.
>>
>>1983398
what a disingenuous faggot you are
>>
>>1982360
>. Never do a heckin racism
Nigger
>>
How to kill an animal:
Torture it. Make it scream in pain. Burn its skin off while its alive. Beat it on the head with an object that will require 100 blows. If you can, eat it while it's still live so it will writhe in pain in your stomach acid.
t.chink
>>
>>1983426
Love the classic /out/takes, “people used to do retarded shit so I want to be retarded.”
>>
>>1983447
They don't do it because they enjoy the suffering, they do it because they don't care at all.
>>
>>1983483
I don't know about that man, like it would seem a lot easier to prepare/cook/serve/eat animals if you killed them first so they weren't writhing around.
Like that webm of a chink boiling a dog alive, he has to keep pushing it back into the water with a big stick when he could have just killed it and made the process easier.
They enjoy the suffering.
>>
>>1983543
that's probably because they're some dumb peasant class that thinks that makes the meat fresher or gives your dick magic powers or something

I'm not trying to defend the chinese or anything, I'm just saying they're an example of "the banality of evil" You can watch Cities of Dust or listen to Africans who've been exploited by them. Basically the sentiment is "colonizers at least built roads and homes, the chinese just take take everything and leave"
>>
>>1983479
>posts on /out/
>yeah those guys who lived 100% out in the most hardcore way possible were retard faggots
>>
>>1983566
indians immediately picked up any new technology they could get their hands on like horses and guns
>>
>>1983483
Wrong. They think the adrenaline improves the taste.
>>
>>1983570
They also had surprisingly large population density for a pre-industrial society, their cities dwarfed anything found in Europe at the time of contact.

But todays "ethical hunter" (read: cuck retard) decries all the innovations they used to achieve those amazing results, preferring to let deer and other vermin over populate to the point of ridiculousness, all to appease urbanites who wish the "ethical hunters" were all dead.
>>
>>1983585
You're a gay retard
>>
File: 1599525210021.jpg (35 KB, 665x456)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1983586
>>
>>1983585
Louis and Clark diaries prove otherwise. You gay retard.
>>
>>1982341
pretty much killing more than you/your family can consume before the meat spoils, not using most/all of the edible meat on harvested game (ex "breasting" a pheasant), or killing game just to leave it in the field (ex pioneer era bison hunting)
>>
>>1983597
Lewis and Clark were pre-columbian plague?

You're so dumb it hurts.
>>
>>1982899
>>ethical hunting is using the worst tools possible so the animal has a chance
literally how though? modern cheapshit rifles are near MOA accurate, modern bullets expand reliably in most circumstances, and archery equipment is leagues better than the shit our grandfathers used
unless you're going out of your way to do primitive weapons, tradbow, or smooth-bore muzzleloaders with ball ammunition, you have to be half black or gay to fuck up a kill
>>
>>1983447
i didn't realize china let its citizens lurk 4chan
>>
>>1982354
If you ever decide to off yourself, I want you to do it with a single bullet to the gut.
>>
>>1983609
>all chinks are in china
>>
>>1982360
Healthy young anon goes to 4chan, gets pumped with massive shot of redpills, doesn't feel based and changes -AUTISM.
Many such cases!
>>
>>1983585
Of course.
That's why there's no archaeological evidence for these cities.
The wh*te man dun covered it up.
>>
>>1983605
Guns and arrows are garbage for harvesting meat
>>
>>1983818
There’s tons of archaeological evidence, they found cities the size of London lining the Amazon basin, not to mention the earthworks at Cahokia and poverty point.
>>
>>1982906
Hunting is retarded from a practical standpoint. Just go to the supermarket.
>>
File: Inside-the-farm-1.jpg (210 KB, 1280x700)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>1983833
These quaint rifle and arrow queers that are impressed with buffalo falling off cliffs should join us in the present century where we modern men enjoy the fruits of brutally efficient industrial meat harvesting on a scale that was previously unfathomable.
>>
>>1982376
>out for a hike
>see some autist running around in full kit magdumping at deer as they run for their lives
>shitty PSA clone double feeds
>whip out my 9 and stroll up to the autist for an execution
>consume the corpse
oh btw I'm a skinwalker that knows how to use guns
>>
>>1982395
Yeah. Hunting is a luxury pursuit in the developed world.
>>
>>1983870
fugg thads a lod of tendies
>>
>>1983883
If you’re a retard and don’t eat the meat, maybe
>>
>>1982341
I think that the terms “humane” and “ethical” often get conflated. One could be on a high fence canned hunt (unethical by most standards) and make a humane kill. One could also be on a fair-chase public land hunt and make an inhumane kill (due to poor shot placenent or something). I think “ethical” refers more closely to fair-chase hunting that isnt overly reliant on technology
>>
>>1983434
This.
There is far more animals than there are people(although people are animals)
>>
ethical hunting is retardedly easy. if you cant or wont do it your a chimp, a pretentious new money twat, a negro or a closeted homo
-try to make clean kills. if you cant, bummer (NO-ONE loses their minds over this. only rednecks whine about people complaining about it)
-no foals, no mothers
-no endangered species
-take no more than what you need
-use as much as you can from your prize
-leave no trace (the easiest one and the most important. if you are a special kind of moron, id bet good money that you cant do this and you get buttmad when someone brings it up)
>>
>>1985132
This is a good distinction to draw. Only bugmen enjoy watching animals suffer.
>>
>>1985164
>not eating foals and mother’s
>not hunting “”endangered”” animals
>not leaving the bad bits for coyotes

Not gonna make it
>>
>>1982338
Newish here.
What is "ethical hunting" actually and why is it a meme?
>>
>>1986093
ethical hunting is going for clean humane kills (eg making sure you can get your classic double lung shot not just blasting away at a deer's ass) and not targeting out of season animals

OP is just a shitposter trying to act epic saying how it's actually cool to shoot does with BB guns or whatever.
>>
>>1986102
I see, so this thread is bait
>>
File: 1563609317643.png (1.22 MB, 1440x1440)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>1982341
Canned shooting (i.e. high fence), taking super long range shots (e.g. 1000 yards), shooting from vehicles, making poor shots on game that causes them to suffer, using the wrong type of ammunition, etc.
These are just a few examples.
>>
>>1982341
>>1982342
>>1982343
>>1982344
>>1982345
Any hunting that takes place after the year 1860 is completely unnecessary, and therefore unethical. Fuck yourselves.
>>
>>1983479
>hunting efficiently is “retarded”
>>1983570
And then proceeded to be just as uninterested in how the animals feel as they were before, with more capable tools.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.