[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 93 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Mikaela-Shiffrin.jpg (115 KB, 498x752)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
last thread hit bump limit.
anyone else do their own repairs/tuning? I've gotten a core shot every day for the past three days and am getting pretty fast at fixing them. my vise came in earlier this week which has helped a lot.
>>
File: giwusbgw.webm (2.32 MB, 640x800)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB WEBM
Hey I'm a snowboarder. I use this stuff called p-tex. You just melt it into the gouge and scrape away excess.
>>
I’m a beginner skier and I hate talking to people so I don’t want to go into a ski shop to get fitted for boots/skis/bindings. I’ve never owned my own shit before. Is it possible for me to get all this online or should I really have it done in person?
>>
>>1962605
boots in particular you want to get in person. go to a reputable boot fitter, try on a few different boots, and try multiple sizes. consider a custom footbed. they should also be able to service them if you have any hotspots. just be aware that it can get pretty expensive. if you know you're going to be skiing a lot then it's worth it.
the rest of it you can get online, then just drop it off to get mounted (they need the skis, bindings, and boots). honestly though for a beginner it's not a bad idea to check out some used gear (not boots) in-store. I bought my girlfriend her gear for pretty cheap
>>
>>1962590
I wax/tune/detune my board. I will take it in to get a stonegrind at a local shop that has the kickass board grinder after a couple seasons and/or a bigger repair job
>>
>>1962605
just go into a shop everyone will be nice and helpful, if you actually want to get into the sport that you would
>>
>>1962710
I'm doing this big repair job on my mantra m5s. blew a few edges, but was able to pound them back into place. I've epoxied one of them already, need to get the other though. I'll be base welding for a few hours after that, then I'll finish it up with a base grind. I haven't fixed blown edges before, hopefully they're salvagable
>>
7 days until my trip, boys, so fucking stoked.
>>
>>1962916
21 days until vail for me. Pretty pumped
>>
>>1962954

Doing leg blasters to try to get ready. Hopefully I'm able to carry on with a decent load of skiing for the 3 days I'm there.

Havent' skied powder in like 10 years, used to east coast ice.
>>
Doing Big Sky for the first time at the end of January with a bunch of SLC friends, pumped. I've been to Whitefish and that was pretty cool too.
>>
>>1962895
fingers crossed anon
>>
>>1963041
Big sky is great, be sure to ski the Big Couloir and the snowfield if they’re open.
>>
>>1963023
Been doing ski conditioning too. Can't do leg blasters cause of injuries, so I'm using a fan bike and another exercise I created with bands.
>>
>>1963277

These leg blasters better be worth it. I literally limp around for a day or two after.

I'm so hyped for Revelstoke. I look at videos of the mountain and am alternately terrified and stoked beyond imagination.
>>
>>1962954
fuck vail
>>
File: 1 NPC_wojak_meme.png (17 KB, 200x198)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>1963330
>popular thing bad
whatever nerd
>>
>>1963330

Hey man I bet he's going to have way more fun than you'll be having beating off to photos of traps on a Mongolian basket weaving forum
>>
>>1963334
>npc
Ironic considering you're the one who won't even stop to think about why Vail might be bad
>>
>>1963334
Ya but they are monopolizing the ski industry. They bought out my whole state besides one resort. Quality went down at said resorts and are more expensive. They don't care about the guests, only the shareholders.
>>
>>1963339
the skiers on here don't know anything about the ski industry, its fine.
>>
File: image0.jpg (1.64 MB, 3024x4032)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>vail
>>
File: vail.jpg (1.53 MB, 3024x4032)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
also fuck this whole reservations bullshit, i hate covid so much
>>
>>1963328
revelstoke has the best tree skiing I've ever done. if that's your cup of tea I highly recommend it.
>>
Who here skiing cottonwood canyon?
Got a season pass to Brighton
Loving it so far
>>
>>1963339
>>1963344
lmao, I worked at a major ski resort in Colorado (Vail was our main rival) I know enough. Here's what I know. I can buy a pass to my local hill, and then travel to a bunch of different places at a lower cost. Sounds good to me.
But no, it's a big corporation, and corporation bad.
Did you ever stop to think about some of of the positives of the Vail corporation? It can't be all negatives. Only an npc would think that way.

>>1963341
They don't have anything remotely close to a monopoly. I've only ever heard morons call things monopolies.
Look dude, there are pros and cons. For me, it's pretty much all pros. I don't notice any quality difference in my local resort that they bought. Literally been skiing there since gradeschool. Although, sure maybe it has gone down some places, I don't fucking know.
>>
>>1962590
Please take down this picture of my wife
>>
>>1962605
nut the fuck up and go in. if you go online and have issues, you're going to pay every time you want anything adjusted. If you buy from a boot fitter, not only will they help you sort out any issues when you try them on, but will usually tune them for free for a few years if not for life. i've had tons of boot pain issues historically so for me it was well worth it
>>
>>1963041
Big sky is great, hit lone peak for sure. I think they rerated a few runs as triple black dimond a year ago.
>>
>>1963378
> best tree skiing I've ever done

for me, it's steamboat springs
>>
>>1963526
>>1963378
Someone give me a quite run down on tree wells.
I started tree skiing last season and had blast. I also found out what tree wells were last season as well.
Like 2 months ago I saw a video of a dude trapped in one and now I'm terrified.
>>
>>1963458
>Did you ever stop to think about some of of the positives of the Vail corporation?
Didn't know vail hired shills.
>>
File: npc mad.jpg (13 KB, 269x288)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>1963541
>corporation bad
>getting money from daddy and spending it on pot good
>>
>>1963544
>memeing and projecting
Maybe when you're older you'll understand the value of keeping money in your local economy.
>>
>>1963524
Went there for the first time in a while this past season. The Ramcharger 8 is gaudy as hell but I have to admit the heated seats and bubble were nice on a cold windy day.
>>
>>1963546
I'm 33 and and read actual academic literature on economics.
Do you think that Vail owning those resorts makes the money somehow magically vanish from the local economy? lmao. That's legitimately retarded. You are a moron. Are you a snowboarder?
>>
>>1963544
My local pass rose from 180 to 400 to ride my whole state. I only like riding one resort in my state. There is no option to buy a pass at a single resort in my state encompassed within epic pass. They also downgraded parks nation wide because majority of there customers aren't good enough for bigger parks. There is a bigger liability issue for vail. Food, parking, etc is also more expensive. More rules. They ruined my childhood hill. This is what big corporations do. You are an npc for thinking otherwise. Luckily I'm not to far from a resort cross state that is still family owned. Btw I am from the mid west.
>>
>>1963550
>profit gets siphoned off to people in a different area
>this money is somehow not leaving the local economy
>>
File: hniolkroewkll.jpg (83 KB, 738x630)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>1963544
>>
>>1963551
>180 to 400
Holy shit that's cheap and a better value then what I get. Season passes at local shitty hills here not affiliated with anyone else cost that much.
It's really not even that much money. That's fucking chump change.
I have personally noticed 0 changes at the midwestern ski resort I grew up at after they bought it, although the pass price has increased slightly. That's a benefit if it keeps the numbers down, but I buy an epic pass anyways so it doesn't matter. It's a great value for me because I can ski out of state for much cheaper than it would have been to buy a local season pass and then ski my local hill too.
I'm astonished that you can not see the main benefit of the epic pass, which is so obvious to so many people.
Fuck, I used to work at Snowmass and the season pass there was over a grand a decade ago. Your baby prices don't even make me flinch.
Also, fuck parks.
>>
>>1963556
Oh really, what about all the additional people that the Epic Passes brings in that end up spending money in those locations?

>>1963557
Yes, what does that have to do with anything? I used to work at Snowmass. I know expensive ski resorts. Vail was the only place more expensive than Snowmass when I worked there, and looks like it still is.
>>
>>1963559
>Oh really, what about all the additional people that the Epic Passes brings in that end up spending money in those locations?
Do you have any proof that attendance rises to a rate significant enough rate to offset money generated by the vail corporation's non-regional elements? Because the idea is preposterous.
>>
File: Big-Foot.png (192 KB, 537x641)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>1963558
>Also, fuck parks.
this you?
>>
>>1963558
The mid west has nothing but parks boomer
>>
>>1963401
Hell yea, I have an IKON base so I've been sticking to Solitude for early season. I went on Friday and all the school kids were there it was retarded busy.
>>
>>1963537
>qrd on tree wells
don't fall into one
>>
>>1963537
steamboat's best trees are aspens, which don't tend to form tree wells like conifers
>>
>>1963558
>>1963566
>never even been to Mt Bohemia, 100$ season pass and comparable terrain to the west.
ngmi
>>
>>1962605
I've fit hundreds of pairs of boots, sold skis, everything. Both parents and two siblings were ski patrol, I coached disabled skiers. Let a professional fit your boots and help you pick skis. Only a certified technician should install and set your bindings unless they are rental bindings. Bindings are set for your weight, height, age and ability. This will make for the safest, most comfortable, and most enjoyable ski experience.
>>
>>1963611
as a tall person with skinnier legs, how do I not get shinbang. I'm not in the backseat, I do a bunch of freeride shit though.
>>
>>1963614
Have you tried booster straps? I just put them on my boots for the first time this year and they're dankie stankie.
>>
>>1963608
Name one resort outside of the UP in the midwest that is comparable to the west. You're reaching for no reason bro LOL. Mid west is all about park man. You don't know nothin bout the sport if you say otherwise.
>>
>>1963608
Mt bohemia is only worth the trip if you live in Michigan.
>>
>>1963629
I'm in wisconsin and head up there a lot but ya. Folks in the east rather head north east.
>>
>>1963626
>arbitrary Midwest boundaries
lmao bro do you even SHRED the gnar bro mega cringe I bet you're a skier you virgin.
>>
>>1963562
It's really not. People constantly complain about how many people how man outsiders epic/ikon bring in. It's obviously a boon to the local economy
Plus, what you're saying is retarded. So what if profits go to vail or some local rich person who own the resort. Literally 0 difference. What do you think a company like Vail does with those profits? Do you think it just throws them into the money pit? Buys yachts with whores? No it fucking invests them into their resorts in hopes of raising stock prices. They also have far greater abilty to lever up to make improvements.
>>1963565
lmao I guarantee I'm in better shape than you. I literally coach/work at a gym so I can train twice a day and hang out with the boys

>>1963608
>100 dollar season pass
Holy fucking hell, terrible business sense. I just googled the shitty hills around where I grew up in the midwest and all of them are $450 minimum
>>
>>1963650
In response your 100$ season pass, its in the middle of no where I'm really not sure how they do it. They have yurts and cabins to stay in but those are reasonable as well. It really is worth the trip if you're in the area. They have a bus that runs around the mountain to take you back to the lift so you can make up your own runs.
>>
last thread was better vibes stop being fucking chach's and go ski or snowboard
I'm clocking 20 of 21 days since we opened, I've taken a few spills and things are starting to get busy so I'm gonna slow off a tiny bit, maybe just a lap on lunch or something quick every day at least until after new years
>>
>>1963650
So you don't have any proof of your statement and now you're backpedaling and that money does leave the local economy but it doesn't matter. Just go away.
>>
>gf moves to salt lake a year ago to be with me
>take her skiing a few times, she loves it
>buy her her own gear for Christmas last year
>convince her to buy a pass this year
Yesterday was her first day this season and she did great. She will be shredding in no time. I just spent the whole time fucking around on park skis on bumps on the side of the piste and hanging out with her on the lift. I even found a mountain pbr, ice cold in the middle of a groomer. Great day overall.
>>
>>1963652
That place looks super comfy. I grew up near Detroit but didn't ski until I moved away. I'm out west now so idk if I'll ever make the trip. I hear they have some pretty sick terrain though, even compared to places outside the midwest, how true is that? I've always loved that state (away from the city at least) and would love an excuse to make the trip.
>>
File: 1580030281847.png (412 KB, 512x512)
412 KB
412 KB PNG
>be me
>have pointless job above ground at coal mine
>almost never work just sit in a truck
>so boring I hate it
>ski season comes around
>realize I can ski all day then get payed to sleep
>mfw
How long does /out/ think I can keep this up before I get fired?
>>
File: honk.png (229 KB, 831x799)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>1963608
>comparable terrain to the west.
>900 ft vertical
Actually retarded.
>>
>>1963833
West? He thought you said est.
>>
>>1963833
Hes just a devils advocate. Especially laughable considering hes 33 years old.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (75 KB, 512x337)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>1963608
Not to pile on, but seriously? That's a glorified bunny hill. Nice yurts tho
>>
>>1963795
>Tfw no mountain pbr

Bringing some friends to the mountain for the first time. Any advice to make sure they have fun? I know learning can be frustrating and i want these guys to lime it enough to go with me again.
Also im trying out skis for the first time. I figure it wont be as bad if they see me struggling a bit alongside them or am i an idiot?
>>
>>1963795
Based. This is what I do with my girlfriend during the week and them I ski with the boys in the backcountry all weekend. Best of both worlds desu
>>
File: 1587786616268.jpg (85 KB, 500x628)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>1963776
>Do I have proof of the obvious
>>
>>1964113
It's laughable and you can't support it at all.
>>
>>1963833
>>1963853
>>1963799
I didn't mean to shit up the thread with Midwest skiing, I just have a special place in my heart for Mt Bohemia. If you're in the area its worth it, I went to university in the UP and went there every weekend. I wouldn't say fly across the country to go but if your in Michigan Wisconsin or Canada nearby its worth the trip. This videos more of a retro meme but there's some decent videos on their uhh "extreme backcountry". I live in Utah now and I'd imagine if I went back itd experience nostalgia goggles.
https://youtu.be/Zf9VXkCpRjk
>>
>>1964141
Well that doesn't look terrible. Would definitely hit up on powder days if I were stuck in the area.
>>
>>1963884
Nah that's a fun way to do it, then you won't feel bored. If I go with newbies I just make sure to bring a healthy supply of beers, they'll get there eventually if they go/like it enough.
>>
Ontario going into lockdown. They're not strictly banning inter-province travel, so I say fuck it, I'm still going to BC to ski. I'm staying in my bubble of one, wearing a mask, eating alone in my room, and skiing alone.
>>
>>1962590
Are you running on man-made snow?
I hate early season because of the lack of a decent base exactly for this reason.
As much as I love hitting the slopes I'd rather wait a month rather than grenade my gear.
>>
>>1964227
wut
>>
>>1964227
the trails with manmade snow have been pretty easy on my skis. it's the steeper terrain that gets me though. I know it's thin cover but ahh it's just so damn fun
>>
>>1964227
No rock skis anon?
>>
>>1964227
go to a used ski store and pick up some for early season if you're worried about it. I ride a 2014 salomon q 105 and the beginning and end of the season
>>
Is it possible to ski on grass?
Possibly sand ?
>>
File: 2020-12-23 02_03_54.png (230 KB, 716x699)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>1965139
they have "roller skis" for pavement and grass

keep in mind it's much less painful to fall on snow than on other surfaces
>>
File: ski cunt.png (342 KB, 388x512)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>40 degrees this morning
>raining hard
>currently about 32-33
>starting to snow
>5-9 inches in the midwest
I kinda want to go out, since the hill is open till 9, but I have no idea what fresh snow on top of wet as fuck snow would be like.
Dropping down to 2 degrees tommorow morning. I'm guessing there will be plenty for me tomorrow. Just bought some heated socks for the cold, and recently got some hestra mittens - gonna be toasty.
>>
>>1965140
I think sand would be less painful than hard-packed snow
>>
File: ptex.jpg (265 KB, 1024x1364)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>1963047
finished ptexing one of two skis. lots of metal grip and base welding, then I just went all in with the candle on the smaller shit. I was originally thinking that I could just take it in for a base grind with all this shit on there, but now I'm thinking that I should scrape off the extra first to make sure the added ptex doesn't just rip out. I started on the second ski but I want to ski so fuck it, I'll finish it up later.
>>
So i sort of understand how to turn on skis but how do I do it quickly and smoothly like everyone else? I feel like ive got to really exagerate the pizza shape and it takes forever if i dont fall on my ass.
>>
>>1965524
>pizza shape

you need to abandon this completely, pizza means that you use the inner edges of each ski to hold your weight. you need the same edge of both skis to be planted (both lefts or both rights, depending on which way you're currently making your arc). Getting good at switching is simply being able to quickly shift your weight (via moving your hips) from one foot to the other while staying balanced.
>>
>>1965524
this austrian guy explains what I was trying to say better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0V2gBcnt6o&list=PLa0F1PlycZ9hCQMmYznvHsD1e3UtteQmB&index=1&t=1s
>>
>>1965451
coloradofag here, i've skiied great sands and can tell you it is not
>>
Over 81K. Prolly wont get up again until Monday.
>>
>>1965543
>>1965545
Thabks for the videoan.
I guess i dont understand how to turn on skis. I was really thinking they were just doing it super quickly.
>>
>>1965474
>I'm thinking that I should scrape off the extra first to make sure the added ptex doesn't just rip out
That's correct...remember the stones grind, they don't cut so you want to take off as many "grabby" plastic edges as you can.
>>
>>1965583
i'm not expert so there might be better advice, but the idea is you put more of your weight on the "lower" ski (aka, the ski opposite to the direction you are turning. if you are facing right and initiating a left turn, this will be your right ski) and lift your "upper" ski while turning your foot via the ankle to keep the ski parallel with the "lower" ski. you also shift your weight toward the center of the arc you're making (as Nik in the video refers to in the end) to dig the edges into the snow and give you a surface to throw your weight against
>>
>>1965474
there are a lot of "fuzzy" areas that i'd definitely melt some ptex on as well, wax will not save you from them (nor is that even the purpose)
>>
>>1965574

What's this app? I guess you need a Garmin-type watch to monitor this stuff
>>
File: revelstoke.jpg (3.02 MB, 3877x2580)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
4 days to Revelstoke, boys. Can't fucking wait
>>
>>1965623
ski tracks. it runs on your phone
>>
>>1965635

Thanks I'll check it out this weekend. Do you find it accurate at all?
>>
>>1965646
Oh yes. friends started using it as well. Some even switched from other apps. Pic related is a day at Sun Valley last season.
>>
>>1965625
I rode at Zermatt in '07. Then Revelstoke in 09. I remember strapping in at the top of the stoke lift and thinking it is every bit as impressive as the alps. I'm jelly anon
>>
>>1965697
Alps don't have shit on the Canadian Rockies desu
>>
>>1965699
The alps win in the number of different ways you can get moved up and around the mountains. cog-wheel trains, underground funiculars, quads, six packs, all sizes of gondolas and trams. Nobody snowboarded when I was there tho...lots of rider bros in Canada
>>
>>1965709
Exactly, they're completely domesticated and tamed. The CR are pristine by comparison. This is /out/ after all.
>>
fucked my hip up good in the park today
i am gonna hot spring and swim all day hopefully i only need 1 day off
>>
>>1965725
>domesticated and tamed
you don't know what you are talking about. If you are in a resort area in europe...and go off a marked run...off-piste if you will...that the same as being out of bounds in the states or canada. Meaning no ski patrol and you will pay to be rescued. The area involved is so massive. Canada is definitely big boy...but to state that the alps have nothing on it is false
>>
both alps and rockies have insanely good terrain.
rockies have great snow and insanely difficult terrain, alps are legendary and also have insanely difficult terrain and some years the snow is less good, but overall have the better resorts and apres culture.
both are fantastic and even if you are skiing the worst conditions you should feel grateful to be on skis and outdoors
>>
>>1965599
I'm not sure what the cutoff is for how deep the damage should be before I should fill it in, considering that I'm also getting a base grind. Is there a rule of thumb for what needs ptex?
>>
>>1965802
anything above or beneath the flat surface. the whole point of ptex is to restore a smooth surface
>>
>>1965709
>Nobody snowboarded when I was there tho
Based, does Europe have less snowboarders? Going to the alps next season.
>>
>>1965824
It was nuts. People were really rude to me on the trails and lift lines. Skied right over my board multiple times. It was a rental so idgaf
>>
>>1965829
hmmm, I might like europe skiing even more than i thought
>>
>>1965845
kek
>>
what style of ski/board do you guys prefer in general?
I like light skis that don't have trouble going fast and have some pop, 96-102 underfoot
got a huge quiver with many styles but this is where I've landed at with my preference
>>
>>1966212
CO here. i just have 2 sets plus some rock skis we won't talk about.

dps cassair 85 for ice/hardpack/inbounds shredding, but these are horrible in powder.

also have dps wailer 112RP for powder. these are OK inbounds on ice days, but when there's fresh snow or tree riding i always ride these. much more responsive and playful in the bumps, but not anywhere near as much edge as the skinny bois.
>>
>50 degrees and dumping rain
Goodbye snow.
>>
>>1966212
I only own backcountry skis at this point but my current favorite are 91 underfoot. I ski them fairly long to improve float but they can ski pretty much anything.
>>
>>1965802
I’ve been told by a tech not to bother with anything shallower than 1mm. That being said, I don’t think overdoing it will fuck your skis up so go to town.
>>
>>1966212
I ride a camber Burton Custom X. Lighter than a custom but rocksolid on edge. I noticed a difference in float with the blunted tips over my older customx with the traditional rounded nose and tail.
The est channel works well with bindings designed for it, but not with others.
I broke my old custom X, so now my old custom 162 is my rock board, but i never use it.
>>
>>1966498
you tour with a 91 underfoot ski wtf?
>>
>>1966634
Yeah, I live in slc too. I have a pair of 105 underfoot but unless I know I’m going to be skiing nothing but bottomless powder all day I prefer the 91. Honestly, wide skis are just too heavy for touring if you want to do more than 2k vertical or so. I’ve been going skinnier for the pst few years and I don’t think I’ll go back to wide skis any time soon.
>>
>>1963334
I used to work for Vail. They're a shit company. I fucking hate skiers, I hate ski culture, I hate faggy resort tourists, and I hate the suit and tie fucks that try and capitalize on it.
>>
>>1966856
Cool story bro
>>
>>1966212
Snowboarder.

I used to swear by stiff heavily cambered, true twin, longer boards.

Now I like volume shifted, medium stiffness, wide, heavily directional, camber underfoot, rocker nose, and short kicktail.

I'm on the icey east coast so I have two boards I mainly ride. a 142cm Burton Storyboard and a 144cm Rossignol Sushi Lite.
>>
>>1966912
Shut up babydicked liberal ski bum faggot
>>
>>1966953
I'm not a liberal or a bum. It's almost as though you are applying the most common attributes of a snowboarder to skiers for some reason. Perhaps a bit of projecting.
>>
File: PXL_20201226_172849554~2.jpg (3.73 MB, 1721x2943)
3.73 MB
3.73 MB JPG
>get new skis for Christmas
>snow melts on Christmas Eve
It hurts bros
>>
What should I look out for when buying used skis? I’ve never even stepped my feet in a pair before and I don’t really want to buy something brand new, what sort of damage is most common?
>>
also are lessons from the resorts fine or would it be better to find someone to get lessons from a facebook group or something? All i really want to know how to do is turn and break the rest I will figure out myself
>>
>Skiing mount baker the other day
>hoard of 50+ chinese come barreling down the slope disorganized as fuck ruining it for everyone
>>
File: hot-dog-the-movie-11.png (385 KB, 773x416)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>1967383
what-a the fuck-a is a chinese downhill?
>>
Well, I splurged on the 105 nomads, figure I can use it as a single quiver tour + alpine. Have most of January reserved throughout CO, gonna be a good season lads
>>
>All these people complaining about their 5star tier ski resorts not being absolutely perfect
>me just happy that the only resort I can get to opened up another shitty trail
Being an AZ fag is suffering
>>
>>1967371
>I’ve never even stepped my feet in a pair before
Rent
>>
>>1967409
You talking about Snowbowl? I was there last Saturday and jesus christ it was a shitshow.
>Slush and Ice
>Everyone getting stuck
>Full of retards
>People just blocking high traffic areas
>People blocking trail exits and taking up space in jump landings
>People running into eachother
Yeah, I'm going to take a break from there until more stuff gets opened up and it gets more snow. At least I got some good jump practice in until some guy cut me off on a jump and biffed the landing because of it.
>>
>>1967025
>n-no! only snowboarders are losers, not skiers!
I worked at a resort you fucking faggot. You're all equally worthless. What an embarrassment of a reply.
>>
God blessed us with five inches of snow at Prospect yesterday after our big thaw. Got to take out the fiance to teach her nordic. Had a great time.
>>
>>1968264
>You're all equally worthless
Says the guy working a lift for minimum wage
>>
File: 1497969440993.png (446 KB, 808x805)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>tfw you will never have friends like this to do dumb stuff with
>one chance at life
>not born into a snowboarding clique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MPOUvSocIc
>>
File: 1596520188889.gif (1.37 MB, 264x264)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>>1968264
>I worked at a resort you fucking faggot.
Wow, so did I. Not much of an accomplishment really. Do you think that makes you special? You were the only one that has worked at a resort.
>>
>>1968264
>couldn't make friends in one of the most socially accepting environments for young people in america
>"they must all be faggot hippie bums"
just because you're unlikeable doesn't mean everyone is
>>
Got hawx prime 110 boots for my first pair how fucked am I?
I’d say I’m intermediate skiier at best

Any difference between 2020 and 2021?

What do y’all think about matching it with a Rossi exp 84 for northeast skiing, any other skis y’all would rec?
>>
>>1969113
They don't feel too stiff for you? 110 seems high for an intermediate but fuck it if you like them. I ride RMU northshore 108s and like them alot but I'm out west.
>>
>>1968610
Just make your own clique lol
>>
File: 1609096951567.jpg (160 KB, 1080x1080)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
where would you get one of those headbands the biathlon cuties always wear?
>>
What’s a good place in Europe for the following:

>Rustic, ‘red wine and fondue’ style apres-ski for my GF
>Top tier off piste options for a seasoned skiier AND easy but not too crowded blue/greens for my GF
>>
>>1969370
Switzerland obviously
>>
I just bought some classic nordic skis! I've never skiied before and planned to go to a resort near where a friend lives but the resort was shut.
Now, I'm reading about grip wax and glide wax. Is this important? Do I need to buy a wax iron and some wax or can I just use the skiis as is?
>>
>>1969370
Austria obviously
>>
>>1969141
i tried 120 in-store and they felt okay desu, they were 600 and i found 110s online for 350 and went for it since they were same price as the 90s in store
>>
>>1969405
If they're a waxbase ski (no weird scales under the ski) then you'll need to grip wax them. A good resource for nordic info is Telemark Talk.

You'll want to iron glide wax on your tip and tail, then scrape and brush and for your kick zone you'll want to iron grip wax and then buff it with a cork. Grip work is for new snow, klister is for old. Waxing is quite the rabbit hole but if you're a nerdy guy you'll have a lot of fun researching stuff.
>>
118 feet short of 100k. Don't think I'll make it back out until after new years. See you snow bro's then
>>
>>1967371
>I’ve never even stepped my feet in a pair before

check if any of the hills around you have demo deals where you can use several pairs of skis per day. If not, it really depends on where you live

>>1967396
nomads are probably icelantics worst ski when it comes to touring, they have 2 other models that would be better, so I hope they're not too heavy for you to actually get uphill. I have some other recs if you want a single quiver ski, but it looks like you're already past that point. which bindings are you using?

>>1967375
>also are lessons from the resorts fine
yes
>>
File: 20201228_095453.jpg (2.53 MB, 4032x3024)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
First day at Revelstoke in the books.

What a mountain.

Only non fun part of today was getting into a bunch of tracked out moguls off the top of the Stoke chair. I was jump turning the whole way down, totally rocked my legs. I looked up and 4/6 skiers coming down same run were yard sale'ing.
>>
>>1969586
thanks! I guess I'll buy a wax kit.
>>
>>1969586
>Waxing is quite the rabbit hole
you don't say! I watched an old US army documentary. They applied pine sap to their skis. I find it strange to square the use of nordic skis eg by Finnish troops with the variety of waxes used in Nordic skiing. I don't think they carried 4 types of wax when on campain.
>>
>>1969840
Jealous. Can't do my sort-of-annual BC trip thanks to chinkflu
>>
still think it's wild how many first time xc skiers are out on the trails. i kind of expected it based on how bicycling went over the summer but still wild to see the trails for a somewhat obscure sport just being packed at all times. really wonder how many are going to stick with it after this year. it's also pretty funny watching all these people on $$$ equipment thinking it was going to be easy (if you can walk you can xc ski) and just absolutely floundering on perfectly groomed flat ground.
>>
>>1970162
I'm seeing a lot of touring boot prints on the trails.
>>
File: 20201229_113314.jpg (3.03 MB, 4608x3456)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>1970138
I came from Toronto. Seems like half of the people I meet are here from Toronto despite provincial recommendations not to travel.
>>
>>1969840
>>1970459
holy shit man that's beautiful
I'm jealous as fuck
>>
>>1970521
I love it here. Wish I could never leave and just dial in my big mountain skills.

Such is life. Gotta keep working so I can afford ski trips.
>>
>>1970534
>Gotta keep working so I can afford ski trips
my life
>>
File: Bolton Spillway.jpg (487 KB, 2048x1152)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
Bolton Valley....was 56 per day back in 2019, but now 90 per day.

Thing is they stay open till 10 pm and have night skiing lighting the main runs till late

You can show up at 4 and catch the sunset runs and ski all night after

Hotel rooms are about 100 per night.
>>
File: Skiing Rails.gif (914 KB, 500x245)
914 KB
914 KB GIF
>>
File: 0118171314.jpg (529 KB, 2560x1440)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
Vermont backcountry is so raw....
>>
File: 1214161539b.jpg (2.45 MB, 3264x1836)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
Here is Cobrass at Bolton Valley
>>
File: 0118171527b.jpg (1.87 MB, 3264x1836)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
These woods for days
>>
Best way to get to Vail from Eagle County Airport during a pandemic? I usually use epic mountain express, but not sure if it's a COVID party. Don't want to rent a car.
>>
>>1970775
Uber/Lyft? Its only like 30 minutes if I remember right
>>
File: 1598186649722.jpg (75 KB, 864x318)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
snowboarding is one of the few things that calms my autism. I got really into weightlifting and when squatting heavy you don't really feel like hitting the slopes, but now I think I wanna ease off heavy weights and back into snowboarding and I can ski as well. What is the point of being /fit/ if you can't do shit?

Any of you guys use balance trainers? I remember back in the day just watching movies while on a skateboard over a filled and duct taped soda bottle.
>>
>>1970459
Yeah I'm a burger (Montana) so it's definitely not happening. I usually go to Fernie because it's close
>>
>>1970709
Nothing better in the NE then vermont tree riding. I went to jay peak during winter storm stella a couple years ago and it was the best day of my life. God blesses us.
>>
>>1970709
Good lip for a front 3 on the left there. Looks super choppy around there, good fun.
>>
>>1970999
FHV? I am just across the border. Fernie is nice but more of a skier hill imo. Kimberley is nice for groomers, but there are several options within 1 hour of fernie that are cheaper. None of them bear what you have in FH.
>>
>>1971030
Helena, and I'm a skier. What are these cheaper options?
>>
>>1971074
To the east of it there is Castle, which can be nice because the wind tends to smoothen out the hill each day. It is cheaper, especially if you buy a multiday card for $100cdn, which gives you your 1, 4, and 7th day free, and 20% discount at a number of other resorts.

Kimberley is closest, and I like the feel of the Bavarian type town better than Fernie. It is also cheaper.

There are others just west like Red and WW but if you're driving there you might as well just stop in Idaho.

Going north, Panorama is nothing to write home about. It was so icy there the fucking hill was blue. Destroyed my titanium edges.

If I were going further north than Fernie, I would go straight to Revelstoke. Forget Banff, forget LL, those are for retarded tourists who think they are having a life-changing revelation in the mountains amongst 80 asian tourists next to them. You do not understand the meaning of busy until you go there.

You have to stop at kicking horse before Revelstoke though.
>>
File: 20201230_113247.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
>>1971085
I feel like I'm going to be spoiled having gone to Revelstoke in middle of the pandemic where volume is like 10 percent of usual. I mean, I didn't have a lift line all week, and most runs I was totally isolated. And it's the week after Christmas.

Wish I were a better skier and could actually take advantage of bowls. Soon.
>>
>>1970983
Do they have Uber Ski or whatever out there?
>>
>>1963616
These plus not using intuition Liners have done well for me
>>
>got really drunk on sticks one day
>late in the day entrance to liftline is icy
>crash hard going into it
>spray some poor snowboard girl with a ton of snow
>next lap, crash in the exact same spot
>>
File: PXL_20201228_231857757.jpg (1.09 MB, 2688x1512)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
I've been off a snowboard for a couple years after a pretty bad wreck. I got a chance to go up to the mountains and brought a Burton board with the channel system. The binding never stays tight and I keep sliding to the front of the board. Is the channel a meme? Are Flow bindings a shit? If I torque the screws any tighter the heads will strip.
>>
>>1971657
yeah, you have to crank the shit out of those screws
Also to fix it now you're gonna have to dry out that entire channel completely and remount the bindings
>>
>Be drunk
>Snowboard better
Explain this?
>>
great day at loveland today. tried out my new park skis but sank in the thicker loose wet powder, especially the stuff that had a little crust over it. my weight is forward and im flexing my foot as much as possible, what else can I be doing to not sink
>>
>>1966943
those are two of the gayest boards I've ever seen in my entire life
>>
File: 1608358471401.png (487 KB, 512x512)
487 KB
487 KB PNG
>>1971657
nice sit down picture pussy. Real boarders never sit down besides on the chair
>>
last year I was traversing a black with a skier downhill from me. I mf start an avalanche below me and it takes the skier with it. I just rode back to the lodge im not boutta get sued bruh
>>
>>1972129
what a retarded way to measure snowboarding skill
did you just start getting down the whole hill on your feet or something?
>>
>>1972170
heh eh heh
>>
>>1972129
Larp harder fagboi
>>
>>1972183
You have 100 cm burton channel system board and take picture sitting down on cattrack im fagboi ok bro tough bro send video of 720
>>
>>1972203
unrelated but I just landed my first 360 off of a knuckle the other day and that shit felt good
>>
>>1972129
How else will I take a picture of the bindings sliding forward if I don't stop and get out of the way? Are you a fag that texts and drives?
>>
>>1963546
based antigentrifier
>>1963550
>studies an imaginary subject
>>1963556
couldn't say it better myself
>>1963557
kek
>>
Snowboarder here. How do I go off tilted side hits bros? Straight on I’m good, but even the smallest bump at an angle and I go off it sideways and land on my ass...
>>
File: 1607149743631.png (30 KB, 128x128)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
Ausfag here, I'm fucking losing it bros. Normally go to Japan for a few weeks a year to smash some mad powder and I can't even fly interstate to the handful of shit tier fields we have down south.
>>
>>1972376
Does snow exist in aus?
>>
>>1971995
You are not as scared to have weight more forward, hence you ride more centered
>>
>>1971657
The channel works best with burton EST bindings designed for it. Simple as
>>
>>1972402
A couple of fields in the mountains near the bottom but they are pretty average.
>>
Is it possible to git gud while living in Florida? I don't mean like "Slide down a groomed resort black in uninspired style" gud, but actual big mountain skiing with fluidity and style?

Keep in mind that my career would allow maybe 2 big ski vacations per year and a few more weekends scooting out west.
>>
>>1972536
Yes but it'll take more years
>>
>>1972536
lolno you'll never be acclimated to the elevation out west and doing all your training at sea level is going to ensure you gas out far quicker than you would already.
>>
>>1972376
>I can't even fly interstate
Lmao, imagine living under an authoritarian regime
>>
>>1972134
It’s the resorts fault honestly, the terrain shouldn’t have been open if it wasn’t safe.
>>
>>1972599
Training at sea level is more effective according to Steve House, once you acclimate to the elevation (two weeks max in lower 48) you will be as strong or stronger than if you trained at altitude. There are several elite high-alpine athletes from low, flat parts of the country. I remember specifically reading about a guy from one of the Dakotas who trained for K2 by walking up and down a highway on ramp over and over again.
>>
>>1972627
Coming to your country soon amerifat.
>>
>>1972783
We'll see. We avoided the doomsday scenario since the Republicans maintained the Senate and Trump put a bunch of people in the Supreme court
>>
>>1972788
Republicans aren't your friend kiddo.
>>
>>1972363
Still waiting on this.
>>
sprained my ankle today. guess I have more time to shitpost now.
>>
>>1972797
I didn't say they were
>>
>>1972265
>economics is a imaginary subject
Holy fuck you're a retard
>>
>>1972203
I'm not the OP you fucking spastic. Try again.
>>
>>1962590
Are there any recommended sources to git good at skiing?

I know the best way is to ski more which i can do since I have a full season pass through work, but im looking for more specific tips. Im still hung up on transitioning from blues to blacks and want to be able to ski most of a mountain withittle to no worry by the end of the season (save of course the true batshit insane stuff).
>>
>>1973993
>Im still hung up on transitioning from blues to blacks
The concepts are still the same, just take your time and focus on making good turns.
>>
>>1972134
Make sure he's okay first for fucks sake. Also, if you have a beacon, wear it on pow days
>>
>>1973993
Best way:
Do it more with people who are better than you.

Other ways:
You can watch skiaddictions vids for technique, but when you ski with people who are better than you, you mimic what they do and become better that way
>>
>>1973998
This. It's pretty much the same technique whether it's 35 or 45 degrees. There isn't "true batshit insane" stuff at most resorts.
>>
>>1974082
Unless it snows a foot in one day, no point. Not enough time to slab
>>
lived in vancouver my entire life, skiied often from a kid until 2010ish then the chinks moved in and shitted up all the local mountains and whistler now it costs like 170 bucks to ride whistler for the day and this year the local mountains are sold out a month in advance with 45 minute lift lines. fucking nuke this place
>>
live in the southern hemisphere so it's summer. Gonna head down to my house by the mountain to do some repairs
>>
File: 20191229_154628.jpg (4.45 MB, 4032x3024)
4.45 MB
4.45 MB JPG
>>1972376
yeah I'mpretty bummed out that I can't get to Japan this year. Work has shutdown for 4 weeks so I'm just holding my dick
>>
was there other anons planning on heading to japan this season as well? was gonna do a hokkaido tour and go skin/winter camp/make use of onsens
>>
>>1974083
I'll check it out.

A few friends came up to visit this weekend, but annoyingly only got 1 day of skiing in since 2/3 of the group refuse to ski if its not sunny out. Missed out on about 2 feet of fresh powder. One of the guys is super good and he and I were a little pissed we couldn't get out.

But, I fucked up at work and got bashed in the head with a chair lift so the doc said I cant ski for another week. I guess it doesn't really matter too much anyway.
>>
Boys I've got a problem and question about my boots. I rented some boots and I think they're too big. My boots have two buckles on the bottom and one on the upper part. Even with all buckles as tight as I can physically get them, when I'm skiing if I pull my foot forward into the boot with my toes I get better control and ski better. I picked these because the smaller ones had my toes against the end and the guy at the rental shop said to pick the bigger one because my toes just don't reach the end when standing up. If I try to stand on my toes my heel comes up a fair bit, too. Did I get boots that are too big?
>>
>>1974499
possibly how many sizes larger are your boots? How thick are your socks?
>>
>>1969639
Yeah I got the nomads because I figured I’d be doing a fair amount of bowls and chutes + general touring, and I wanted a ski with enough weight to cut the groomers but also perform in the powder. I could have gone with the Lites but, yeah, wanted the weight; I don’t your VERY often though I do like to take a few runs when I can. I have the Salomon shifts. Thus far I haven’t had a chance to take them touring (I just started my season last week), so I’ll see how heavy the end up being

I am, however, really stoked by how well they catch an edge—I used to ski the Kung Fujas and they took so much more effort. They also float well and turn decently in the trees, so I can’t complain about that. Loving the ski thus far.
>>
>>1974513
What do you mean by how many sizes larger? I only have these rental boots, I got season rentals for my first season. I'm wearing pretty thin socks and was gonna try on some thicker ones to see if that improves the fit.
>>
>>1974265
There are no friends on a powder day. Also, your friends are retarded, fire them.
>>
File: 1598421588302.jpg (33 KB, 700x699)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>I Leave for Colorado in a week
>>
>>1974593
They're not big ski people (but dropped money on new skis lmao) so I don't blame them too much. If I was medically cleared I probably would've gotten fed up and gone, but hey, they bought dinner and drinks last night so ill let this powder day slide.
>>
>>1963884
Make them take a basic course in control whether they board or ski. (Que the south park guy: "If you don't know how to control yourself you're gonna have a bad time.") Seriously. If they are a little better than beginner, get them to do intermediate and easy advanced runs. I haven't boarded since I was small so I don't know what to tell you about it, but if they are on skis they need to at least practice parallel skiing and parallel stopping. In general, do NOT abandon your friends for very long. You can do the more advanced stuff while they are taking their lesson from a professional. You need to hang with them and do some chill stuff with them. Meet up frequently. They don't need to see you fall unless its a genuine fall.
>>
>>1965428
Joining The 190 cm club, aka: Ways to shame people with shorter equipment without getting into a fist fight. (This technique is especially effective for 6 footers. You can't do as much jumping due to your high center of gravity but you can out peacock most people on and off the mountain.)
>>
>>1965428
Tips For Boarders: There Can Be Only One Baddest Of Them All; Reload Your Sass Quiver or My Board Is Better Than Your Board (because you don't have the same equipment I do.) Dozens Of Quips, for taking on squares on two sticks or rival Borders that ain't shit.
>>
Finally able to get back out. Over 100k on the season. Happy 2021 e'rryone
>>
>>1973697
Started pt for my ankle. Also a possible stress fracture on my fibular lateral malleolus, not sure. It's not season ending but it could fuck up plans I had to meet up with friends in a few weeks, which sucks because I rarely see them.
>>
>>1963334
the mountain is great, the corp, not so much.
>>
>>1976316
We'll see, I'm going next week ;). Hoping to hit Beaver Creek and maybe Copper while I'm at it.
>>
A message to all snowsurfers:
https://youtu.be/XPZDEWBzneY
>>
Bumping. Have new Burton goretex pants coming. Replacing my Helly’s after 10 seasons
>>
New job doesn't start for a couple weeks. What is good for backcountry in Idaho?
>>
File: plake.jpg (759 KB, 896x1594)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>>
File: mantras-finished.jpg (224 KB, 1024x1364)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>1965474
here's the end result. pretty good considering the edges were blown out. base grind / shop tune costed $35.
>>
>>1977582
depends on what part of the state you live in and if you have a sled or not
>>
File: 1608985309231.jpg (129 KB, 775x1024)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>1977644
No sled no overnights. Nothing but time and living out of car/airbnb so doesn't matter which part of the state. Not trying to get gnarly, just some good exercise, good views, and good angle/base heading back down.

https://youtu.be/jJsFwUZu6AA?t=43
>>
>>1978096
I've done 6 day ski trip in Mauricie with only a pack.
>>
>>1978096
Tons of trails around Ketchum Galena summit and the White Clouds
Further north is Stanley w/ the Sawtooths
Keep going to Challis/Salmon...tons of trails all over those mountains
Eastern ID is lots of smaller ranges then you get into the tetons
around Boise, look into the parks and rec Yurts. They are prolly all booked out but the trails to get to them are very well maintained and pass lots of awesome terrain.
North to Donnelly and McCall...tons of CC and sled trails in some of the best powder...pick a chute and skin up.
Never rode in North ID...past the time zone
>>
My new pants came in the mail...so I had to try them out.
>>
Brought my ski in to be waxed/sharpened before I leave for colorado on Sunday, but they said it would be a week lmao (this place fucking sucks, only go there because it is 2 blocks).

Anyways, I'm guessing I can't get it taken care of here. Apparently my hotel has a ski concierge, do they do that for you? I'm not familiar with such a thing.
>>
>>1962590
>no comfy place to earn your turns
Why is being a bonger such suffering?
https://youtu.be/nKgPgIawiV8
>>
>>1978214
Odds are there will be a ski shop at the base that'll do it, might have to drop them off over night and you might have to pay out the ass depending where you are going. But fuck, a week for waxing and sharpening makes 0 sense unless they have 1000 skis to get through and like 3 guys to do it.
>>
>>1965829
>>1965845
Guys they were not being rude, it is just that in europe its less about posing and more about getting maximum ski time in. So if someone is being inefficient in the lift line it means they do not care so much about getting maximum runs in.
TLDR; If you aren't almost toe to heel with the skier in-front expect someone to cut infront of you
>>
>>1969567
are you a thicc boi? My first pair were atomic 120s and I've been loving them since 2016. The only issue was I started skiing in 2016 so the boot was too stiff for me to bend my knees but I grew into them and now I can bend the fuck out of them. I bought a pair of FT Descendant 6s for park skiing but generally I prefer my atomics. I weigh 90kg / 175cm tall.
>>
>>1978413
>But fuck, a week for waxing and sharpening makes 0 sense unless they have 1000 skis to get through and like 3 guys to do it.
In the UK I got a similar response from ellis brigham. When I enquired as to why, they said they send them off to a central warehouse outside of london where they do all maintenance. I thought fuck that I'll buy an iron and some wax n do it in my hotel room.

Once you get the technique down its better because most ski shops will rush the job if they are busy.
>>
>>1978427
>The rate limiting step is not the lift itself but the line
Are all Europeans retarded?
>>
>>1978480
If you think about it it is thought. If you get 3 people who are waiting for their friend in the line. Then it holds people up unless they go around. That is the main reason for it.
>>
>>1978591
I hate people who do that. Just wait outside of the line, why is that such a hard concept to understand? It puzzles me how people can just get in the way and feel no urgency to move.
>>
>>1978413
>>1978431
This place just fucking sucks and the new guy is even dumber. Last season I brought some boots in that were worn through the toe plate as part of din testing and they didn't say shit about it (my knowledge of skiing was somewhat lacking after nearly a decade off).
They also service bikes, but it's the fucking winter so i dunno.

So no ideas on the ski concierge?

>>1978427
That make sense. I'll be heading to Austria so I expect maximum efficiency.
>>
>>1978638
only autists get upset at that
>>
>>1978803
You sound like three kind of person who drives slow in the passing lane.
>>
>>1978803
Fuck that. I'm spending hard earned money to ski and I'm not going to let some retard prevent me from getting my money's worth
>>
I wish I’d grown up skating so I could learn switch more easily
>>
Why are snowboarders such fucking niggers, blocking the top of the lift fucking around with their stupid boot straps, bombing runs at mach nine cutting in front of you, always dressed in ten thousand dollars of branded gear that mommy paid for and yet can't do hard runs to save their lives.
>>
>>1978863
Lower genetic quality
>>
>>1978863
>hard runs
>>
>>1978863
drugs
>>
>first time snowboarding in 5 years
>tear MCL 3 hours into my first day on a weekend-long trip
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>1978899
That really fucking sucks man, sorry to hear it. Can you get back out this season? How did you hurt it?
>>
>>1978905
I just went too hard too quick without practice and ate shit. It's not all bad though, at least I won't need surgery so I'll be able to get back out.
>>
>>1978926
Hoping for the best for your recovery anon.
Also let it be a lesson to everyone, you gotta build up to shredding hard.
Same shit my mom did the first day of our vacation a couple years back and broke her knee
>>
>>1978944
Thanks anon, hope you have comfy runs soon
>>
Goddammit I hate shitty snow years
>>
File: 1590350208621.jpg (62 KB, 750x437)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1978974
>doesn't look like we'll be getting any snow this week on my ski trip
There's always Utah in late February I guess
>>
>>1979022
Yeah it's still kind of early, but I'm getting older and you never know which season is going to be your last.
>>
Is there anything gayer than skate skiing? I'm so tired of seeing these fairies zipping around in their fruit suits.
>>
>>1979514
FEELS LIKE I'M WEARING NOTHING AT ALL
>>
All you slope niggers should fucking hang.
>>
>>1979637
hang what
>>
>>1979637
Lick my nuts bitch
>>
>>1979734
Yourself

>>1979684
Next time I go to Colorado Im hanging chains between trees on the local slopes and slashing tires on every car with a snowboard or skis on the roof rack.
>>
>>1979738
No you won't, pussy.
>>
>>1979788
Keep crying pussy. You won't do shit.
>>
>>1979788
Go suck off some more kikes miga nigger.
>>
>>1979738
>I'll drive away the niggers by behaving exactly like one, genuis!

I'd tell you to stay out of CO, but you'll just do the chimp out thing again.
>>
Nazi here, please don't associate this retarded maga nigger with us, thanks.
>>
File: 1601324126144.jpg (28 KB, 300x300)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1979797
You are mad as fuck, so very mad.
>>
>>1979797
You didn't do shit at the capitOl (retard) and you won't do shit anywhere else. Go clean your room.
>>
>>1979797
cringe
>>
>>1979738
>Next time I go to Colorado
When are you parents taking you to Colorado?
>>
>>1979884
go back to /pol
>>
>>1979809
damn, cold shouldered hard LOL
>>
>>1979908
Go back to asp

>>1979910
Now these kraut loving losers are on your side. Let that sink in.
>>
>>1979884
I like sliding off cliffs. It's one of the most fun parts of skiing.
>>
>>1979938
Only a skifag could fuck up falling hundreds of feet to their pathetic demise
>>
>>1979637
I'm not a slope I'm white
>>
>>1979514
classic is for fat boomers
>>
>>1980148
Backcountry is love, backcountry is life.
>>
>>1962605
Do it in person.
>>
>>1971074
If you're willing to drive to the border with idaho and you're a college student, I think that lookout pass is still selling season passes for $139 bucks. They were $99 until Nov. 15th. Crazy deal.
>>
>>1977582
North, Central or Southern?
>>
File: 20210112_155836.jpg (3.88 MB, 4032x3024)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB JPG
Little cottonwood canyon is the best place in the universe
>>
2" and snowing when I woke up today
>>
Could someone explain to me how snowboarders are a thing? I’m out here at Vail, and it’s very apparent the snowboarders are off a lower genetic caste. Shorter, uglier, fatter relative to their own age group, can’t follow simple rules designed to protect people. But I just look at these fucking troglodytes, and I don’t understand how they are here. The combination of being stoned, low consciousness, and poor people skills - they couldn’t possibly have a decent paying job.
All I can think of is a combination of resort employees, drug dealers, and people using Daddy’s money. I just don’t think that explains them all.
>>
>>1982042
You sound like some uppity retard from the 80s. Stick to Alta or one of the other skifag containment resorts, cunt.
>>
>>1982094
You didn’t answer my question
>>
>>1982032
You couldn't possibly know that
>>
>>1981186
Well past college, but I went there all the time when I was in Missoula and Spokane. Cool little hill with great snow. Just not a drive I want to make on a regular basis when there are closer options.
>>
>>1982781
>can’t differentiate “of” from “off”
Yes, clearly you’re from a higher caste...
>>
File: 1594011003763.jpg (429 KB, 1810x1604)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
brehs, i've been trying to make it down my first black the last couple times i've been on the mountain, but i eat shit everytime i try.
any tips on how to take it to that next level?
>>
>>1982833
Train off the mountain. My riding def improved when I started going to the gym 3-4 hours a week
>>
>>1982042
>can’t follow simple rules designed to protect people.
If you're scared go to church. Ski tourists who go to vail aren't in a position to look down upon anybody.
>>
>>1982042
ok zoomer
>>
>>1982833
Is there anything in particular you feel like you're having trouble with?
Most beginners fuck up by not activating the inside ski because they're still in the pizza french fries mode. Focus on all your movement originating from your ankles
>>
>>1982833
>skier can’t go down a fucking black
Breh...
>>
>>1984318
Yeah he should take notes from snowboarders and sit in the middle of the run every few hundred yards

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.