[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

ITT dumb gear for people with more money than sense
>>
>>1938050
What even is that?
>>
>>1938088
Looks like it's some kind of rope soaked in tar so it lights easily.
>>
>>1938088
Some kind of fire starter. What really chaps my ass is most of these require another tool to ignite it. You could carry around a heavy ass ferrus rod or w/e it's called OR you could just carry a lighter and not waste money on this retarded horse shit in the first place
>>
>>1938050
i dunno OP, at least he's going outside which is more than you've ever done
>>
>>1938149
Is it not just for when there's no kindling or dry grass because everything is too fucking wet? Like I imagine it's just a slow burning string to light your fire when there's no little dry twigs, kinda like firelighter bricks. It'll be cheap as shit anyway, char cloth isn't particularly expensive. I mean you'll probably never need it in reality but for a little extra convenience it's probably not the end of the world.
>>
>>1938050
Of all the /out/ related fads, the one I will never understand is this moronic need that lumbersexuals have for stupid fire-starting novelties. There is absolutely no need to have anything except some dry jute/fatwood and something to make a spark. Flint is basically free and so is a steel striker.
>>
>>1938156
correct. this is not an ignition source. this is so you have a prayer of drying out some tinder and getting your fire going..
>>
>>1938187
You’re right.
All areas of the world are flint-bearing, and the flint striker trees grow like weeds around here.
Also, have you ever used a real flint and steel? Not ferrocerium, but actual flint? It’s not easy to get a fire going outside.
>>
>>1938088
daddy chill
>>
>>1938797
Get out of my yard!
>>
>>1938575
Real flint and steel is tough going. The rod using larpers have no idea, if you’re using a rod you might as well use a lighter.
>>
>>1940695
we get it you cant share your hobby, chill babe
>>
speak for yourself but I personally have been out when it was so wet that I really wished I had a long burning tinder cube or wick like this... sometimes it is your only chance at drying out some small stuff and getting the fire going.

although usually I can just get a piece of lighter knot and I am good to go for days...
>>
>>1940721

I apologise for offending you, I fully support the larping lifestyle as far as the law requires me to.
>>
>freeze dried meals
>leg wraps instead of gators or boots
>bug spray
>10763282 carabiners and whistles dangling off rucksack
>folding chairs
>smore sticks
>storm proof matches
>>
>>1941016
>>bug spray
Are you saying you don’t need insect repellent Anon? Would you be surprised if I told you that not everyplace is the same as where you’re from?
>>
>>1941018
Ay I've tried it but usually it doesn't make a huge dif. I've gone through the Canadian rockies and the boggy parts of Manitoba and usually Im not much better off than the guys that dont use it and just cover up when the wind stops
>>
File: 1471137625634.jpg (29 KB, 480x640)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1938797
Patrician post
>>
Tent stakes (when sticks are available)
Tent stake hammers
Tent stake pullers
Tents
>>
>unsheathes tacticool spork
>eats rehydrated freezedried meal
ppfffch nothing personal /out/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.