[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

How can i get cheap land when its all locked up by faggot boomers or being sold for 10k+ an acre? Im in deep rural ms and i cant afford even 5 acres without dropping tens of thousands of dollars. Wtf
>>
You don't buy land, only inherit
>>
>>1914435
basically this
>>
>>1914432
You can sometimes find an acre or two for 3-4k per, but that's about the lowest you'll get for decent land. If you just want any land at all, lookup cheap land in Arizona and New Mexico. There are literal dirt fields being sold for $2-500 per acre.
>>
Make phone calls, ask to see the property and discuss what you want to do with it while you're there, be willing to do some work yourself and just generally show more interest than looking at real estate websites and bitching on /out/.

Down payments can be made, and land can be restored.
>>
>>1914435
this
>>
>>1914432
if you cant afford 5 acres get 4.
>>
File: 343475795.png (782 KB, 830x1059)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
keep looking
>>
>>1914432
>deep rural ms
Mississippi? They have small acreage plots for sale in that price range pop up on LandWatch.com all the time. It’s probably the cheapest wooded land in the lower 48 states.

https://www.landwatch.com/lafayette-county-mississippi-recreational-property-for-sale/pid/339317751
>>
does anybody else look at land selling sites like this for fun? once a year or so i get really into it for a week or two. would never but anything but its satisfying to find really good ones.
>>
>>1914435
This. Literally just murder into the line of succession. It's easy
>>
>>1914432
somalia
>>
start buying lotto tickets
>>
>>1915514
Just for note, as someone who has lived in Mississippi... Mississippi is a meth riddled shithole. The whole state, absolute shithole.
>>
Two words: Timber contracts.

Step One: buy wooded land
Step Two: file your land with the County as a Tree Farm, allowing you to get agricultural tax rates which a basically zero.
Step Three: contact a timber company to draw up a contract to cut The timber off of your land and plant it back afterward.
Step Four: collect the $$ to pay off the purchase price of your land.

You’ll have to file paperwork and pay some taxes on your “crop” whenever you harvest your trees, but it’s not bad. When timber prices are up, you’re basically getting land for free.
>>
>>1915984
Seriously tho fucking lumber prices these days are fucking disgusting due to covid I'm assuming.
>>
>>1916002
Gulf coast storms and tariffs on canadian lumber. Plus covid has increased peoples time to remodel.
>>
>>1914432
>There are literal dirt fields being sold for $2-500 per acre.
useless land though thats why its so cheap
>>
>>1915909
>meth
Literally every rural place is awash in meth or heroin. Welcome to America.
>>
>>1914432
>5 acres without dropping tens of thousands of dollars.
That's really not bad anon, mortgage it.
>>
>>1915984
What's the point if you're immediately going to ruin it by cutting down the trees?
>>
>>1914432
What makes someone rich isn't money but estate.

It's a finite resource that defines royalty. If you buy land, as in someone sells it to you, they're only doing it for a shit reason. It might be a flood zone, or they're going to sell a fuck ton of it in pieces for a profit and you'll have to deal with the thousand other schizophrenic bums that just moved in right next to you.
>>
File: IMG_20200819_154008.jpg (757 KB, 2560x1440)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
>>1914432
Decent land at a decent price sells fast.
I bought 15 acres of an old farm for $24k, 6 years ago.
Rest of the tracts from the same farm all sold within a week of being listed.

You have to check sites like landsofamerica.com, landandfarm.com etc literally daily.
>>
>>1917527
Logging out woods is good and necessary basically get old and maybe diseased trees out and it makes room for new tree growth and growth of the current trees also cleans woods up a bit and gets u cash
>>
>>1917573
Ur not cutting down every tree obviously
>>
>>1917527
>”what’s the point of being able to get land for free?”
OP asked about how to get land for cheap, dipshit. That’s the easiest way.

Besides, most “forested” land in the South is artificially-planted monoculture pine trees. It’s not the multi-species, hardwood and pine mix forests that are natural.
One should not feel bad about cutting those trees down and planting back a natural mix of trees trees. And especially not if it helps you get your land for free.
>>
>>1914432
1 minute search

https://www.landandfarm.com/search/Mississippi-land-for-sale/?MinAcreage=75&SortBy=Price&SortOrder=Asc
>>
>>1917544
Living the dream anon good for you.
>>
>>1914432
>5 acres without dropping tens of thousands of dollars.
That's like 20000m2, right? Assuming it's good land that you can actually use, that seems like a really good price! I can't find shit for under 100k (for like a tenth of the size), and stuff actually worth considering starts at 500k.
>>
>>1917573
Yeah dude wouldnt want those old trees just decaying on the ground, terrible for the ecosystem
>>
>>1914435
Pretty much this, sadly
>>
wyoming or dakotas retard
>>
>>1914432
My father just bought 50 in arkansas for $1100 an acre.
>>
>>1917544
Now when you own it, what are doing with it?
>>
Have you thought of getting a job? You could work a year and buy your 20 acres if you really wanted land (you don't)
>>
>>1914432
>How can i get cheap land
just spread your cheeks for one of those old boomers and hang around till he kicks off.
>>
>>1914432
Here in KY land is cheap, you're just not looking in the right place. I was recently looking at 25 acres for $90k. I was going to buy it, but someone else offered them $100k and I've seen plenty of land cheaper than that around here.
>>
>>1919666
On an average wage? How do you figure that?
>>
>>1919808
maybe he wants to buy 20 acres of desert hellscape with no road access. OP asked for cheap land, not quality land
>>
>>1919657
Cleaned 10 acres of stumps and debris from when it was logged (farmer died 30 years ago- pines overtook the farm and when the wife finally died there were no heirs and they auctioned the property to back taxes).
Got an address.
Dropped a prefab cabin on it.
Got electricity.
Got septic.
Working on a well.
>>
>>1920128
>prefab, electric, septic
Cringe
Handbuild, electric unnecessary, compost your shit
>>
>>1920129
t. day dreaming role player, lives with parents, and is never gonna make it.
>>
>>1920129
>electric unnecessary.
I wish I could post on 4chan without electricity like you apparently can....
>>
File: generator.jpg (89 KB, 1000x1000)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>1920132
>>1920135
The cope force has arrived, stop trying to justify your own laziness
>>
https://www.landandfarm.com/property/Marketable_timber_and_surveyed_Land-10783267/

>15 acres in Sneedville
Bros...
>>
>>1920143
Sneedville Tn.?
I've been there.
You don't want to live there.
>>
>>1920137
Schizo fag is in full force tonight....
Please, for the sake of everyone in your life, take your meds. You sit there living with your parents, contributing nothing, living in a parinoid delusion, and threatening harm to everyone within a 1 mile radius. You need to take your meds and breach the delusion before you hurt someone who matters.
>>
File: IMG_20201030_005942.jpg (2.01 MB, 4458x1742)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>1918473
As much as you think you want to live in the middle of an old-growth forest, with your cabin nestled tightly in the trees.....
You don't.
You really don't.
One windstorm comes through in the winter, drops a 600 pound limb from 80 feet up onto your roof and you're fucked.
Ever been in an old-growth forest?
There's no grass.
The ground is covered in rotting leaves and branches. Nothing but fungi and insects feeding on the decay. No new growth because the canopy is blocking all the light. So no berries or fresh shoots for deer or turkey.
Naturally fire would clear it out on occasion. And when that happens you lose everything.

I left my back 5 acres (with a creek) to return to the wild. The large trees in the background >>1917544
run along the creek btw- its illegal to log a waterway in my state so they were left.

Pic is early on when I was burning debris daily.
Everything quickly started to grow back the first year. Not just trees but wild black berry, maypop (a native passion fruit) half a dozen types of grasses countless types of wildflowers....
My gamecam averages 250 pics everyday (when I feel like changing batteries).
Deer, raccoons, turkeys, songbirds, bobcats, foxes, possums.
Old-growth forests have their place. But so do meadows.
>>
File: 1591543366614.jpg (47 KB, 400x419)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1920145
Where's a good place to live in TN? I just want to live around white people with no enwurds around (in FL now). It's so fuckin hard to choose a place to live. I self-teach a lot of things but hunting for land has stumped me.
>>
>>1920153
I don't know much about Tennessee.
I was in sneedville helping some friends of the family with their ranch for a couple months.
2/3 of the population is on welfare. There's no job opportunity's there.
Half are on pills or meth.
>>
>>1920153
If it helps, I'm in rural central Georgia.
Nearest town is about 250 people- 2010 census says there's one (1) negro family.
>>
>>1920158
https://demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/

What are the jobs like there? How often do things come up where you need to go into bigger cities like Atlanta for like, court or something idk.
>>
>>1920161
You don't have to go to Atlanta. Fuck that place.
I served on the local grand jury for a year. We take care of our own shit.
I got a fixit ticket for brake lights in a nearby town, cop just said get it fixed and come by to see me. The "police station" is a backroom the size of a closet in a building that serves as town hall (its the size of a 2 car garage).

You plan ahead when you go shopping. Even gas. There's plenty of job opportunities within a 45 minute drive.
We have everything from the largest nuclear power plant in the country to places like husqvarna and Traine (A/C units).
My town has one blinking red light and 1 gas station- but we just got a dollar general. And that's about it.
>>
>>1920164
Are there any younger people there? Are there any kind of community events that keep people invested in each other? Is everyone addicted to meth and fentanyl like they say about every rural community?
>>
>>1920168
There are drug issues.
Many kids just get bored- so its drive down a dirt road, park and either drink, fuck, do drugs, or all the above.
If they have decent parents then they get into shooting, hunting, fabrication.
They still have archery and skeet shooting in high schools. Many people have their own gun ranges (I have 3 spring loaded throwers on mine, buddy has an electric+ some spring loaded stations).

When I was a kid in the big city we would go ride gokarts at family fun center.
Out here they just ride their quads down dirt roads. They fill up at the gas station and cops don't even look twice- that's just normal here.
Church is a big thing but its easy to make friends.
Everybody waves when you pass on the road, whether they know you or not.
>>
>>1920174
Christ that sounds like a recipe for depression
>>
File: IMG_20200913_182519_140.jpg (1.14 MB, 1994x1367)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>tfw 78 acres
>>
Try different states northern MN has wilderness land but it will be kinda swampy
>>
>>1920151
So... you are satisfied with your purchase, now when its no longer old-growth forest? You plan to move there, or is it more like an ever-ongoing hobby project?
>>
File: img_thing_sad.png (61 KB, 300x300)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>1920331
>tfw 70 acres of land cut in half by a big road
>tfw only 5 or so acres are flat enough to walk on
>tfw cars from said road dump all their shit on your land
at least it has water
>>
>>1920153
If you don't want to live with blacks, then you have to go north. Tennessee and most other southern states are full of them. You should be looking in Wisconsin, Utah and states around there.
>>
>>1920225
Either you want to live in a rural town, or you want to be around people. I've been reading your posts, and you are an absolute retard. Please don't buy land, leave it to someone who's not a lazy retarded fuck.
>>
>>1920342
I'm happy now.
In the beginning it was frustrating. There was so much debris from logging and I had no proper equipment to clean up.
I pulled a 4'x6' trailer around with my bronco, cut up logs with an 18" chainsaw, loaded it by hand, unloaded it on stumps and lit it on fire. Repeat 3-4 times, take a lunch break, 3-4 more times before sunset. Then do it all over again the next day.
Borrowed a hundred year old harrow from a friend and dragged it behind the bronco. Then dragged a piece of railroad track to smooth out the dirt.
After a couple months of that I couldn't even see a difference on the property.
Eventually I cleaned up about 10 acres.
Now I have a fresh and vibrant eco system. Its a constant battle to keep the forest from retaking everything I've cleared.

I live here. All my posts have been from the cabin.
I have 4g LTE on the high side of the property.
I have rain barrels for water to flush my toilet.
I shower and fill up water jugs for cooking and cleaning at a friends house.
>>
>>1914432
Remote Ontario has really cheap land
>>
>>1920443
You should post some pictures.
>>
File: IMG_20160811_191121.jpg (601 KB, 2560x1440)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
>>1920503
I do all the time but it gets a little repetitive.
It all looks the same.
And depth doesn't show up well so you don't even notice how big it really is.
>>
>>1920503
I'll convert a video of my creek to a webm and upload it in a little while.
>>
>>1920508
Nice, that's basically how I imagine the land I want.
>>1920513
Sweet. Is it big enough to build a power generating water wheel on? How old are you, and how did you get the money for it?
>>
>>1920527
>and how did you get the money for it?
Anon people have jobs.
>>
>>1920443
But why bother clearing out the forest anywhere but near your cabin?
>>
>>1920538
No shit sherlock? I'm asking what specific job he had, I'd like to know how long it would have taken him working that job to get the money he would need. I see people complain all the time about how unobtainable this is, and I like having experiences like this guys to share with them.
>>
Move to Canada. I just bought 35 acres for four hundred loonies. It's 60% Alfalfa field bordered by mature Aspen and Poplar trees. No services routed to the land, but they are available if I want. Comes with a lodge requisition and taxes are less than 350 loonies a year. This is in north Alberta. The quarter section beside me is up for bids soon. It's in the middle of no where and all bush. I might just buy it too. :')
>>
>>1920135
i thought excaping 4chan was part of the dream...
>>
>>1920554
>no services
>middle of nowhere
>taxes
>>
File: IMG_20180516_191554424~4.jpg (3.72 MB, 4729x2354)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
>>1920552
I'm a fabricator by trade. I used to build sandrails for Chenowth and chassis for mazda (Star Mazda series).
I was also in the Army which allowed me to save a fair amount of money.
I've never bought a new car or been into hardcore drugs- both those will suck away your cash.
I've had friends rent a 5 bedroom house that had a heated pool with a waterfall (along with their new mercedes payment) just to be impressive to the women they pickup at the bar.
I stuck with one bedroom apartments and cars that were 10+ years old.
They were broke at the end of the month while I just kept slipping a couple hundred extra bucks into my 401k.
>>
>>1920552
You can save $25,000 in one year. Quit whining and get a job
>>
>>1920577
Learn how to read
>>
>>1920541
Oh ya.
Meant this pic
>>1920575
For you.

Old growth forest like what you see in shit like return of the jedi is not normal.
That was actually filmed in the sequoia forest outside of san francisco. Those trees were hundreds of years old, some even older.
My property was logged right before I bought it.
New forests are nothing but fresh saplings every 6 inches competing for sunlight. The first decade+ is impenetrable. It takes about 20 years to stabilize into something you can barely walk through.
That pic is what my back 5 acres looks like. There's places I haven't been to since I bought the property because it grew so quickly.
"Forest" sounds good on paper but becomes land that you can't enjoy very quickly.
>>
>>1920575
Cool, I'm glad you mad it bro. Also nice looking gun, what is it?
>>
>>1920527
I'm working on the webm.
Down from a 50mb file to 6.7mb.
Trying to keep the length of it to show as much of possible. Going to drop the resolution a little and maybe crop a little to see if I can get under the 3mb cap.

It's technically a dry creek.
It only runs for half the year.
But when it runs, ya- it could generate power.
>>
>>1920577
Are you illiterate or another corona fag tourist?
>>
>>1920580
That's just an SKS.
I really don't like it. Stripper clips are beyond archaic. It's just a meme (well, I also have a Beowulf so apparently I like memes).
Here's my .50 Beowulf and matching Great Dane. (Beowulf has since been repainted to match local color palette).
>>
>>1920555
>escaping 4chan
Not sure about you but I spent so much time here it would be a mutilation of a part of my brain at this point
>>
File: ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).webm (2.95 MB, 1920x1080)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
Creek vid.
Had to cut out a bunch but it basically disappears into my old growth forest.
>>
>>1920597
That's a nice looking creek bud, plenty of fish?
>>
File: IMG_20180808_181644654~2.jpg (2.96 MB, 3148x3099)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
>>1920597
>>
>>1920599
Fish are limited to what I get from the beaver pond upstream, when the creek is running.
I did see a 3 foot gator once though...
>>
>>1920527
Found this vid so converted.
It's shitty because I filmed at night by flashlight (obviously) but it was raging.
>>
>>1920624
What's your day-to-day life like if you don't mind me asking? Seems pretty comfy, especially when the well will be drilled
>>
Usable land isn't cheap in small parcels.
>>
>>1914435
You buy it and farm it so it pays for itself. Then your kid can inherit it. Your post is like saying that no one can start a business.
>>
>>1920586
How many acres do you own? What do you think about that size, too big or too small? I'm looking at some 70-100 acre parcels in the south to hopefully cultivate a similar situation. This thread has sold me on the idea of cutting some pines for a meadow.
>>
>>1914432
get a job
>>
>>1914432
Remote locations or land that's useless for farming. Other then that your only chance is to inherit.
>>
>>1914432
wait for the economic collapse, land will get much cheaper
>>
>>1921441
I have 15 acres.
>5 acres is just a big yard, you can still smell your neighbor's farts.
>10 acres starts feeling like you own land.
>20 acres starts feeling secluded.
>50 acres is actually secluded.
>100+ acres is your own world.
You'll always want more land, no matter how big your plot is you'll run out of space.
>>
>>1920640
My days vary drastically.
My property is terraced (I have about 30 feet of elevation change from the creek to the cabin) and there are a fair amount of trees, so just mowing can take 8-12 hours. I tried it with a tractor once but there's just too much to go around and it actually takes longer than my 54" zero turn. I usually stagger sections and alternate where I mow monthly so there is always tall grass for quail and rabbits to hide in.
I have mostly sweet gum trees which have leaves that turn yellow, orange, red or purple in autumn. I discovered that each tree turns a specific color every year so sometimes I just walk around and either flag specific trees or just make mental notes of what color is where and then cut down the saplings that I don't want- the yellow looks kind of sickly so I've been taking out most of them, I've left just enough to add variety.
I've spent entire afternoons just looking at trees.
I've also spent entire days just walking around pruning branches.
>>
>>1915984
Your neighbors will fucking hate you for being a clear cutting scumbag. Your windows will be broken and your valuables stolen
>>
>>1920443
How much do you need to survive annually?
>>
>>1922102
wait what you're supposed to plant a house instead of more trees

sounds dumb
>>
>>1915984
>Thinks people are going to sell acreage with timber for anywhere near the value of just the timber....
And btw, it takes a minimum of 15 years to log. And that's just going to be for pulp for paper products.
For lumber it will be well over 20 years- and that's for loblolly pine (one of the fastest growing pines). For hardwood like oak it will be a minimum of 40 years between plantings.
So you're only going to log that piece of property 2-3 times before you die.
And after the loggers get paid, the truckers get paid, the mill workers get paid, the retailers selling your 2x4's get paid, you're little piece of profit pie is barely enough for a weekend ski trip.
>t. Lives in a logging area.
>>
>>1922109
It actually takes very little.
No city taxes. County property taxes are about $150 a year.
My electricity ranges from about 50 bucks in the spring/autumn when the weather is nice to about $120 max in the summer when I'm running the A/C all day.
I've never been the type that has to eat out at a fancy restaurant 4 times a week (I enjoy cooking) and I hate going to overpriced movie theatres so I could survive on a minimum wage job if I had to.
>>
>>1920583
>>1920527
I am curious about using creeks on your land for power generating in america. I know it is american law that you do not own the water in your creeks and the government will fuck you in the ass if they catch you taking water out illegally (not that they would notice a couple hundred gallons), but does that count for power generation that just returns the water back into the creek? Technically you are taking it out and putting it back in...
>>
welcome to early adulthood as a Gen Z

Just graduated highschool last year. Having the exact same problem.
>>
>>1922271
Water laws are interesting.
There's basically two types.
Navigable and non.
So if you can row a boat down a river, nobody can stop you even if someone owns the land on both sides, but its trespassing if you get out of the boat and stand in shallow water.
My creek runs dry in the summer so even though I could get a boat down it during the rainy season its still considered non-navigable. Since I own the land on both sides I also own the creek.

Its extremely difficult to get a permit to damn a creek or build a pond that's creek fed in my state.
However, I could put a water wheel or sluice box (for panning gold) in my creek and as long as the water continues to move downstream its 100% legal.
>>
>>1922258
>so I could survive on a minimum wage job if I had to.
what is the plan when you are 65 years old?
>>
>>1922088
Not sure if autistic or based. Probably both.
>>
>>1922839
You are too lazy and childish to ever live on your own so please stay in mommy's basement eating hotpockets
>>
File: 1601132175524.jpg (226 KB, 640x853)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
I'm going to buy a farm on Fiji. I'll get a sheep and a cow and breed horses.
>>
>>1922836
Interesting. I was more thinking of something like micro hydro that does not dam the creek. It just has an intake attached to a hose and you run it down the creek a ways to the generator then back into the creek. Pic related.
>>
>>1922802
What problem, that you can't buy land straight out of highschool with no money and skills? Go get a job. Not a fucking macdonalds, get a skilled trade and save your money and look into it again in 10 years. Hell go work on a farm and maybe you can wind up managing it and be in position to buy your own and know how to make it profitable? Lease some land and build up your own bunch of animals, a business you can take to the land you buy? Whingeing is not a path to owning anything and it's not just going to fall into your lap
>>
>>1922914
Thats based as fuck! What is the name of that? Looks like it can produce a good bit of power especially with a solar panel or two youd be set
>>
>>1922921
The absolute state of americans. This is not normal. 60 years ago a 19 year old working manual labor could afford 5 acres a home and a family
>>
>>1922921
>tfw 20 and can now afford a 30 acre plot of land right near a national forest in le meme mountain state everyone wants to go to now
>tfw made my money entirely by flipping crypto shitcoins, haven't worked in months and dropped out of college last year
wagies, tradies, AND boomers all seething
>>
>>1922927
so you dont actually own anything yet
>>
>>1922914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ieFZI4-6K8
>>
>>1922928
i'd like to make an extra $20-$30k before the end of the year because i'd get a lot more bang for my buck at that price range. and if in that time the pickings become more slim and i have to go with the worse, more remote land then that extra money would go to building materials and shit
>>
>>1922928
No, I only own my imaginary coins to make people jealous if I want land i have to get a job but I'm lazy and mad that boomers got 300 acres each when they were born
>>
>>1922271
That's not a blanket USA law, it depends on what state you're in. Most stories you hear are from places with very little water, or when someone is fucking up the water by dumping shit back into after filtering. Here in KY even if we did have laws against it, it would be completely un-enforceable.
>>
>>1922967
Are you suggesting that random foreigners don't understand the complexity of water laws in 50 different states despite them repeating some cnn fake news article ad nauseum?
>>
>>1922929
Enjoy fixing that thing every time it gets cold or the flow is too heavy, not to mention it probably lacks efficiency.

Pic I posted is rated for 24/7 365 use and is basically idiot proof to set up.
>>
>>1920586
I'll buy ur sks bro. Whats the deets on that thang?
>>
>>1922972
Yes, that's why I explained it in better detail.
>>
>>1920151
that's essentially the whole point of wildfire.
>>
>>1922924
Look up marty T on youtube. He has two re-wired washing machines producing ~ 800 watts total 24/7
Note: this is likely illegal in the US. regardless whether you "dam" the stream or not
I know at least some people do this in coloado on a large almost river and they take <1/10th the flow for 10kw/h continuous generation although that required considerable engineering, cost & distance.
>>
>>1922914
>>1922924
Took a bit of googling and a trip to Pinterest, but it's a scott hydroelectric turbine generator. 1500w, $4 - 7k
>>
>>1914432
You may wish to look into tax lien properties. It's tricking but you can score some nice stuff if you're dedicated. Try to find abandoned types of plots that clearly no one has cared about for years that have had the liens for as long as possible. The lien doesn't give you a title, but it can lead to one. You buy the lien, assuming it's abandoned then you assert ownership (post signs, keep it mowed or obviously taken care of, put up fencing (even temporary flagged stakes) talk to neighbors etc. so it is commonly known that you are the owner. Then you have to file quiet title in which you must notify the past owner or any other possible claimants so they can contest it if they care (this is why long abandoned and less desirable properties are your target if you actually want the land) and they have a set time to intervene after which you get a clear title. This may be a multiyear process, in my state there is a 3 year right to return, but worst case they pay you back plus interest for the lien plus any upkeep expenses (not new construction or anything though, so don't go building shit until you have clear title). In my state there are also tax deeds that accelerate the process, they happen when no one bids on the liens for several years and the state intervenes and buys it, so these are properties that have been abandoned and are delinquent like 5+ years. I believe there may still be a 3 year right of return, but you can basically file quiet title immediately. You might consult a lawyer who specializes in this, but I have no idea the cost and it is apparently commonly DIYed.

Anyway I have the feeling MS has abundant tax delinquent properties, considering the general downtrodden, shithole nature of the state.
>>
>>1923940
Only 3 years to get a title? In Argentina, where I'm form, it takes 20 years to apply to a title that way and you need to occupy peacefully, publicly, do acts of ownership (property improvements and maintenance), pay taxes and a lot of other owner things. And the rightful owner can come anytime and kick you out of his property. To get the money that you have put into it back you'll need to go into trial. Seems a lot easier on burgerland.
>>
>>1922878
You're gonna breed horses with a sheep and a cow?
>>
What's the best place in Europe to buy cheap land? Is it possible to buy cheap land in the Netherlands?
>>
>>1924042
Belgium most likely
>>
>>1922088
why the hell do you mow the grass yourself, why not get a couple of sheep to do it for you?
>>
File: 1582344268758.jpg (493 KB, 2202x1163)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
>>1923050
Yugo with bayonet and grenade launcher.
Paid $85 for it many, many years ago before they became cool.
I don't think I could sell it though- not because I like it as a rifle but because of its historical value and too many have fallen into hands of people who just use them as heater field guns.
>>1924532
First off- I don't have running water yet so they would die.
Livestock still need care. In the winter when there's no grass I would have to feed them hay and pellets daily.
Field fence is over $1 a foot.
I have deer and turkey roaming my property daily and fencing it off would take away one of the biggest reasons I love this place.
My bobcat (pic related) would feast on them.
>>
>>1924532
Sheep to mow the grass is a pretty bad idea, they eat the grass to the root, they don't leave anything. That can cause desertification and it's a pretty big issue if you don't have enough space to move them constantly from one place to another so they don't completely annihilate the grass.
>>
>>1924042
Anywhere in eastern europe. Romania, Poland, Slovakia, Bulgaria, balkans if you feel adventurous.
>>
>>1924545
What a beast.
>>
>>1914432

Buy land in the Mississippi Delta, Its one of the poorest places in the United States, yet holds arguably the most fertile growing land in North America.
>>
>>1924796
24 acres for 65,000 but I'm sure millennials need a Starbucks and a BBC shop within 14 feet of them
>>
>>1924825
>65,000
Sheesh, you'd think it'd be like $20 and a handshake there.
>>
>>1924825
Fuck that makes me wet.
>>
>>1916022
rent it as farm fields. put a pivot on it and you get double
>>
>out on my property
>pretty large
>hear a bunch of shots nearby
>super thick brush so not sure if I could easily find the exact clearing they're in
>wait for lull in the shooting
>pull pistol and fire a round into the ground and call out
>no answer
>no more shooting
>>
>>1914432
>its all locked up by faggot boomers
This is one of the good facets of COVID. With a bit of luck it drops a bunch of old farts hogging up land/houses.
I actually have found a few nice opportunities in the last few months from fuckers who kicked the bucket. (cheap rental houses; pieces of land the inheritors don't care about and are selling for relatively cheap)

>>1916011
>tariffs on canadian lumber.
Thing is lumber got stupidly expensive everywhere, including Canada (from what I've heard, I'm not a leaf)
Other construction materials also got a nice hike in prices.
>>
>>1924825
>*with house
And an 80 year old front yard oak.
Lucky bastards
>>
File: 1566621596942.jpg (2.47 MB, 4595x2783)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB JPG
>>1924794
Pic was from my gamecam about 400 feet from my cabin.
That's bobby.
Bobby the bobtailed bobcat.
I've seen her 3 times in person.
She's about 60 pounds and the size of a decent pit bull. (Don't care if wiki says "40 pounds", they can suck my 20 pounds of excess)
I've been within 100 feet of her and she didn't give a fuck about me- pretty sure she's max size and been around here for years.
Another pic from gamecam.
Fatmax and some deer.
>>
>>1925062
>>1924545
Both images have 4chan file names, the second one is a raccoon, and there's a logo on the second photo. Go larp somewhere else please.
>>
File: IMG_20160811_191123.jpg (604 KB, 2560x1440)
604 KB
604 KB JPG
>>1925233
I originally posted from my phone and then saved to my laptop because I'm lazy as fuck.
The gamecam logo is on evey pic from my gamecam- depending on how I crop it sometimes its in frame, sometimes its not.

You must be new here because I've been posting for many years.
Have a hummingbird.
>>
>>1922088
Have you considered getting a cow or something to handle the grass?
>>
>>1925718
Nice, it must have taken you a while to save all these photos from other threads. Isn't it just so convenient that you could make that excuse? What about calling the obvious raccoon a bobcat. Seems like someone who has actually seen both those animals would know the difference.
>>1925721
I don't know why you went through the trouble of this, because it means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>1920508
>>1925718
You also posted the same image twice, which means you have been messing with the file names. Damn you're bad this man. If you want strangers on the internet to think you're cool, you need to try harder than this.
>>
>>1914432
Agent here

This is a horrible time to try to buy land. Anything good is going for a premium.

Lack of inventory and huge demand from BOOMERS "escaping" the city and moving to rural areas means the few parcels on the market are almost double price from last year.

Look for bargains in flood plains or strange zoning if you want to find a good deal. FEMA website has flood maps.
>>
>>1925817
>calling the raccoon a bobcat.
Read again.
I was replying to someone who commented on the bobcat (bobby).
Then within the same post I included a new picture of a raccoon (fatmax).
>>1925818
There are no duplicate files.
There are similar photos though.
Its raining right now but as soon as it stops I'll get a fresh timestamp just for you.
>>
>>1925877
Sure bud, gotta spend some time in photoshop and make it look just right! That's a lot of effort just to impress strangers on the internet, I guess mom's basement gets pretty lonely huh?
>>
>>1925933
You're pretty pathetic.
I'm not the only anon who owns land on this board.
We have a guy who spends 6 months working at sea and the next 6 months in a cabin in Alaska with a view of Mt. Denali from his kitchen window. He takes his snowmobile down to an unnamed lake to meet a seaplane that brings him supplies.

I've put a lot of effort into my property.
I've posted pictures here for the last half decade.
Lurkmore newfag.
>>
>>1925951
I never said no one on the board owns land, don't know where you got that from. I'm just pointing out that those are obviously not your photos. That's really sad buddy, you've been larping on /out/ for 6 years? I think you could have saved enough money in that time to actually buy land.
>>
>>1925951
Typing more words and insults doesn't prove anything by the way, just shows how dedicated you are to your larp. If you could just put that effort into getting a job and moving out of mommies basement, you could one day actually own land. But here we are....
>>
File: IMG_20201107_171606017~2.jpg (489 KB, 2757x1829)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
>>1925968
If I wanted to LARP i would have used pictures from a better location.
You sound like a very paranoid individual.
>>
File: IMG_20201107_171724267~2.jpg (679 KB, 2247x1883)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
I've lived in 3 of the largest cities in the U.S. I've lived in 12 states from coast to coast.
I was looking at buying a house in Las Vegas for $180k, on .08 acres of land.
I came out here to visit an old army buddy and when I was searching the area out of curiosity on the internet I had some random "land for sale" links popup.
I told my buddy about it and he knew the area and wanted to check it out.
We walked around the property for about 2 hours and while I was standing there enjoying the view from about pic related location I called the realtor and said "I'll take it, send me the paperwork".
>>
>>1926133
Congratulations you bought a piece of property woohoo you are a real survivorman
>>
>>1926161
>I'm going to be a sarcastic prick now that I've been proven wrong.

Everything I posted ITT is the truth.
I did more than just buy property.
I bought a piece of raw land and turned it into a home- through hard work and devotion. This property didn't even have an address when I started.
>>
>>1926133
>>1926129
Wow you really spent all day on photoshop just to impress people you don't know on the internet. Why don't you go outside and get some fresh air, it'll do you some good.
>>1926161 isn't me.
>>
File: IMG_20181018_191838557~2.jpg (2.09 MB, 3324x2451)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>1926183
I don't have photoshop, never had a need for it.
But you already know the photos are legit. But you continue to talk shit because you're a basement dwelling troll.

But that's ok.
Maybe this thread will light a fire under your ass. Now that you've seen someone like myself can get out and accomplish something, maybe you will stop being a NEET and live life.

Here's another gamecam pic.
Red light to the left of his head is my kitchen window.
>>
>>1926206
There's no reason to be angry guy, people are gonna see through your larp every once in a while and point it out. You just gotta brush it off and start on a new persona. Just try to get outside sometime, it'll do you a world of good. And remember to take your meds and thank your mom for letting you live with her well into adulthood.
>>
>>1926206
Btw, I found some other copies of "your" photos. Maybe don't save them straight from the first page of Google?
>>
>>1926222
Dude you're fucking high if you think that's the same photo.
Antlers are totally different to begin with.
You really are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1926245
Whatever you need to tell yourself to keep the fantasy going.
>>
>>1926222
>>1926206
>>1926133
Lmao, dude you need to lighten up. This guy has had you going all day and you're still arguing with him. This is the fucking internet dude, how do you let some random ass guy you will never meet get you this upset. Who gives a shit what he thinks? Let it go and learn how to relax before you have an aneurysm over literally nothing.
>>
>>1926222
That deer still has felt on its antlers.
>>1926206
This deer does not.
Moron.

You've been btfo repeatedly. Your contributions are beyond worthless. At his point your future posts will be ignore.
>>
>>1926250
Whatever you need to tell yourself bud. Keep that fantasy alive!
>>
>>1926250
I feel like someone who actually owns land would be too busy to argue with internet trolls all day. If you actually own your own land and still come to 4chan and get upset over some retards opinions, then you're even more pathetic than the guy trolling you. How can you spend your time and energy with this crap and not on going outside and doing something that makes you happy. Fuck dude, it's down right depressing seeing you reply to this faggot. How fucking miserable and pathetic do you need to be to have what everyone here dreams of, and still be this fucking retarded and petty.
>>
>>1925951
>>1926266
Fuck dude, you've been coming here for 6 years even though you own your own property? Is it even considered "making it" if you're still just as miserable and retarded as people like this guy >>1925233 ? Fuck dude, get a fucking life.
I'm not a religious man, but I pray to God that when I buy my land that I'm not still arguing with retards on the internet like some pathetic miserable loser, like you.
>>
>>1926266
I've worked very hard to be where I am today.
I share my knowledge with people and give them real world examples in an attempt to hopefully help them avoid making painful mistakes and then some troll tries to undermine all of that.
I take what I have done very seriously.

I was outside plenty today. It only takes a moment to respond to a thread while making lunch or getting something cold to drink. I don't just sit in the middle of a field and count blades of grass (well, sometimes I do but not that often).
I checked my clay throwers down on my range- hit them with some WD40. Mowed it last weekend so everything is good to go now. The weather is nice so I'll probably have some friends over next weekend for some shooting since #8 shot is still abundant.
Also found some dirt bike tracks on the backside of the property.
Planted some lilies I grabbed from a friend's house when she redid her garden. Added them to my secret garden down by the moonshine pond. I don't know what color they are though. Hopefully they're something new because I have tons of lilies from her house already.
>>
>>1926271
And you spent the time you do have on the internet replying to that fucking guy instead of giving someone else advice? Everybody who sees this thread knows the guys full of shit, you replying to him just gives him an opportunity to keep spewing bullshit. And don't tell me that the multiple walls of text you posted didn't take out of your /out/ time.
>>
>>1926129
You're a ginger aren't you? Explains the autism.
>>
>>1926133
Is there a lot of trespassing? Do you deal with other criminal activity. Do you live in a area with high levels of crackheads and crime?
>>
>>1926274
I'm a very honest person, I don't like being called a liar.
Most people are not going to read this whole thread and I don't want them to come across one fragment of it that's a bunch of incorrect bullshit.

And I've been on this property for 6 years. I've been close to heat stroke on some days because I worked so hard on it.
Just because I'm not outside every moment doesn't mean I don't enjoy it.
Part of the joy of being here is not hearing ghetto neighbors while I'm relaxing on the couch.
Am I suppose to be outside all day just because I have a lot of "outside"?
>>
>>1926283
Part of being content and happy is letting go of petty bullshit like caring what others think, especially strangers on the internet. Who cares if some retard convinces maybe 1-2 people tops that you aren't legitimate? His and their opinions don't affect you in the slightest. That's the sad apart of this, if you "made it" and aren't content and happy with what you have, then what hope is there for those of us still working towards what you have? The whole point is to buy some land, work hard, then be happy. If you're not happy after all that, then what was the point?
>>
>>1926280
Trespassing is rare.
I did have someone poaching on my creek with spring traps a couple years ago.
And the dirtbike tracks I've only seen twice so far.
The worse thing I get is a pair of old farts that drive down the road in a SxS, drinking moonshine that park down at the creek sometimes and shoot at beavers (they never hit anything).
>>
>>1926286
It's those 1-2 people that I'm posting for.
Getting out and making this happen can be very daunting for someone who has never been outside of the suburbs.
Hearing from a person that's actually done it can lead to searching more information and possibly a future they wouldn't have sought out otherwise.
>>
>>1926289
Yup, autistic ginger confirmed.
>>
>>1926372
>>1926289
Not all autists are ginger, but all gingers are autistic.
>>
>>1926289
You are a hero to all larpers
>>
Gotta do it there hard way, find out who owns what, track em down, write them a nice letter. Truepeoplesearch.com is the best and most reliable, even the phone numbers are usually good but I'd stick with mailing em a letter.
>>
>>1920578
>>1920584
yo samefag aka OP, the guy you're yelling at is right. get a job and stop being a faggot; you can find 5 acres for under 7k in many areas across the entire country, stop being a lazy fuck who wants everything handed to them by mommy
>>
>>1922122
>hurr durr just clear cut all these stupid trees in the way
go back to /mlp/, you dumbfuck larper.
>>
>>1914432
>i cant afford even 5 acres without dropping tens of thousands of dollars. Wtf
Fucking move to New Zealand mate!
Here's the first rural 1 acre I could find near me.
Pretty typical price.
I was over in Canada a couple of years ago and just about bought a bunch of land because I thought they had the price wrong and were going to follow through with it.
Turns out it was actually "quite expensive".
6 months income was going to get me 15 acres on the side of a river. Got a son now, so that's on hold.
Maybe that CANZUK thing will come through.... Hopefully without the UK part.
>>
>>1926483
Further to this...
I was in Wanaka recently at a new subdivision going in. (About 1 1/2hr drive from Queenstown)
4 acre sections 15min drive from town.
3.2 MILLION would get you the cheapest section.
Then you're going to want to build something on there.
>>
>>1926452
That's exactly what I was saying, you're agreeing with me. That's why I called him illiterate, and I guess you are too.
>>
Have any of you kids thought about being nice to your parents and they will give you the land they own? Thats free land you can have. Don't make the mistakes my kids made of calling all their ancestors racist sexist homohaters like thats a bad thing or you will get nothing. Anyway just a thought, im leaving everything including my house and cabin to the local mennonite community nearby because they honor their ancestors
>>
>>1926133
He's just trolling you you don't have to defend yourself against him. As long as you keep giving him attention he will keep shitting up the thread
>>
>>1926286
Why do you operate under assumption 4chan is a temporary place made exclusively for unhappy people which serves to fill some kind of void until hapiness is reached?
>>
>>1926675
>He's just shitting up the thread of lazy whiners complaining that land isn't free how will we ever recover if jobless retards can't pretend they are off-grid survivalists
>>
>>1926680
That's exactly what it is, every single thread on this entire site clearly shows that. This is THE most toxic place on the vanilla internet, there is absolutely nothing wholesome about 4chan and pretending there is, is a symptom of the very same mental/emotional disorder that brought us here. That's not to say that you can't have positive experiences occasionally, but even those positive experiences are tainted in hate and degeneracy.
>>
>>1922878
OK Lister
>>
>>1926552
I'm leaving everything to the church
>>
>>1926720
stop projecting your self hate
>>
>>1926752
Of coarse I'm including myself, but if you can't see or except that this place is completely degenerate then you're mentally ill. I hope you one day see it.
>>
>>1926753
What boards do you frequent the most?
>>
>>1926766
This, dyi, tv, war, lit, sci, and gif
>>
>>1926867
Don't seem that bad. At least one of these boards is creative.

You only have negative experiences on 4chan? Not sure about you but many people come here after a day of fulfilling struggle to goof off and just chat, share their interests and to have fun. What's wrong with that?

Do you think you are supposed to work 24/7 on bettering yourself or something? Or that there is some kind of line which when crossed will instantly make your life happy? Why cannot be 4chan part of good life?

I run a quest and participate in other quests in a relevant board. It gets my creative juices flowing and me and other anons have fun pursuing comfy hobby. I would never be able to do something like this irl - for me 4chan is facilitator of good life experience.

Why won't you allow this site to do the same for you?
>>
>>1920151
I do. But I would live in a cottage, not a shitty cabin. I'm not a burgerbrain.

>>1923660
NO! BAD RETARD! What passes for "forest" in the western states is nothing of the kind. It's more like savannah. The only place in the west that has true forest is the NW Pacific Coast. And it doesn't burn because it's too wet. Most americans are absolutely fucking POZed all to hell in the brain concerning environmentalism because every single talking point is crafted by lobbyist groups trying to destroy the environment.
>>
>>1926910
California has of all the giant Sequoias.
The coastal redwoods (also massive) grow from central California to just over the Oregon border.
I'm not sure what you think a "forest" is, but I'm pretty sure the largest by height, largest by volume and largest by diameter trees on the planet would qualify.
And before you reeeeee over pic related- those are specific species, not the borders of forests.
And that's just for starters.
We could also talk about Ponderosa pines in the Sierra Nevada's
>>
>>1926910
Oh and a reminder.
In Return of the Jedi, the scenes for the Forest Moon of End or were filmed directly outside of San Francisco, in the redwood forests.
>>
>>1926485
Looking at the wrong properties mate. That kind of money could net you a nice sheep and beef farm few hundred hectares. Don't look at meme sections by queenstown look at working farms and be prepared to keep it working to pay the bills.
>>
>>1926897
All the while talking about how much you hate jews, women, blacks, and anyone else that's different than you or has an opposing opinion. Super comfy. You can keep telling yourself this isn't a degenerate shit hole, but that's exactly what it is. Have you read the replies in this thread or any other thread at all?
>>
>>1926867
And that was supposed to be wsg not war.
>>
>>1925855
whats the market look like going forward?
probably a year or two out from being able to buy some acreage. Been looking at ozark/central MO but open to other forested area
>>
>>1927047
There's plenty of cheap land there
>>
>>1921421
Smooth brains here dont get this
>>
>>1926133
hands down one of the most righteous fuck-off-not-larping proofs I've seen in over a decade of 4chan. Happy for you anon, stuck in San Francisco and fantasize about being where you are
>>
>>1927159
Nice same-fagging retard.
>>
>>1927160
Fucking christ, unleash your weapons-grade autism somewhere else. I just hopped in here to take a break from all the bullshit on b and pol, I was skimming pics and noticed the reply to you with the timestamp. Also leaving this thread as quickly as I came so you can literally fuck your own face
>>
>>1927186
Lol, lighten up retard. People have called you out on your bullshit several times in this thread, it happens, just get over it and start on your new persona. I can't believe someone would actually go through all this trouble to larp as an outdoorsman for people on the internet. It's sad really.
>>
>>1927190
Timestamp anon here.
Other dude isn't me.
My last post was
>>1926930

Paranoia is running so deep that some random dude gets put on blast.
What surprises me most is that you find it so hard to accept the fact someone broke out of the ratrace and made a homestead happen.
Since I bought this property there have been 4 other people do the same thing within 5 miles.
You really do live a sheltered life.
The guy who installed my septic tank does about 3 a week. Just in my tiny county.
The fact that you see this as some rare and unachievable feat says a lot about you.
>>
>>1927197
Dude, like he said just adopt a new persona its not v that hard
>>
>>1925968
You got BTFO'd off the internet. Time for bed lil'cuckboi
>>
>>1927160
Everyone seems to see you for the little faggot fuckboi that you are lol
>>
I just pwnd my own ass hole with a Louisville Slugger, I coom'd so hard I almost died
>>
Google land auctions some near you some will pop up
>>
>>1927197
Bro I don't know where you're getting that from, are you illiterate? Like over half of the country lives outside of cities I know it happens I just don't believe you because you have fake ass photos.
>>
>>1927213
>>1927211
>>1927197
> Same faging this hard
Just sad
>>
File: IMG_20201109_145600836~3.jpg (2.72 MB, 3124x1757)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB JPG
Just went for a hike down through the creek area.
Haven't been this deep in years, even though 15 acres is not really that big. This area will flood as soon as the rainy season hits and turn into a marsh.
>>
File: IMG_20201109_145510793~4.jpg (3 MB, 3446x1924)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
>>1927729
Where it floods is navigable but the edges where it stays a little drier gets pretty thick. The new growth on the back ~4 acres is so thick I can only walk the property line.
>>
File: IMG_20201109_160118573~2.jpg (735 KB, 3072x1815)
735 KB
735 KB JPG
>>1927772
And just went to a friend's place and had to slow down for a flock of about 15 turkeys.
Sorry for the crappy pic but I don't usually drive with my camera at the ready.
>>
>>1923940
Tax lien properties get sold in bulk packages to banks at auction. If you walked into the local treasurer's office and asked to buy a lien property they'll look at you like you're retarded and sarcastically ask if you have $120M to buy it and the 20 other properties up for auction at the next land sale.
t. former employee of county treasurer
>>
>>1928258
Not every municipality functions the same.
There's less than 10,000 people in my county- how much property do you think they can confiscate in a year for back taxes?
>>
>>1928258
Retard, my county only had 2 properties last year, both shitty houses less that $100,000 each
>>
>>1926910
Sierra Nevadas are nice too
>>
land

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.