[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: trails.jpg (1.41 MB, 1080x1350)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
What is the best way to get into hiking and how to go about it?

Also, hiking general thread.
>>
>>1810868
You literally just walk. And then you buy things that will make your walk more enjoyable. Repeat that until you have bought every piece of gear you could think of two or three times.
>>
>>1810868
Another hiking general thread died for this.

Kys
>>
>>1810868
The best way is to lurk, instead of being a impatient, selfish, asshole by starting yet another one of these dumb threads
>>
>>1810868
Look up trails in your area. Do a day hike on a new one every weekend until you get bored and decide you want to hike somewhere else.
>>
>>1810904
Stfu and keep moving.
>>
>>1810868
1. Pick a spot
2. Walk there
3. Walk back
>>
File: hiss.jpg (24 KB, 400x282)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1810868
"Hikers" and the Tedpilled, name 2 greater dangers to the outdoorsmans habitat
>>
File: okaythen.jpg (15 KB, 250x162)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>1811681
>>
>>1811681
I can't tell between a Tedpilled person who "wants' to live in the outdoors, or someone who actually wants to live in the outdoors.
>>
My knee hurts while going downhill, a bit while going uphill as well. It's fine if I rest it a bit, but it's just a really painful soreness that stops me from being able to go more than like 6 miles in a day.
Anyone try trekking poles or knee compression?
>>
>>1811727
Poles will help especially on the downhill. Working up to more miles will help too. Or try to stretch and strengthen.

If you just have shit knees, take an ibuprofen and suck it up...or live with 6 mile days.
>>
>>1811727
hello fellow kneelet, get some poles and never look back
>>
>>1810868
>What is the best way to get into hiking
By dragging your fat disgusting body sideways through your front door, OP. Wtf is this post?
>I can't motivate myself to actually leave the house so I will start a thread asking for instructions on how to fucking walk under the pretence that it is a general
>>
>>1811645
Take your own advice, OP.

>>1811667
Sippy Bippy
>>
>>1810868
>>1810888
Yup.

I regularly go for 12 mile hikes with just a simple backpack with some water and maybe some nuts in case I do get hungry.
>>
>>1811727
Lose some weight, fatty.
>>
>>1813003
Lose some attitude, cunty.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.