[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Thinking about getting a new knife. There's lots of hype around Benchmade, but with how expensive they are and how iffy their quality control is fabled to be are they really worth the money?
>>
I want one too but they're so expensive and restricted in Australia.
>>
File: IMG_1525.jpg (2.31 MB, 4032x3024)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
I have 2, an ADAMAS and an Osborne Rift auto. I got mine from bladehq as super black friday sales. The ADAMAS I take hunting because nothing skins better than a good folder. The Rift is my regular carry knife. They are worth what I paid but I'm more of a multitool person.
>>
Yeah. I have a 940 I got an AFB BX/PX for 60% off. Was $80 or something IIRC. Steal at that price.
>>
>>1804686
stop watching wranglerstar vids you pleb
>>
>>1804689
>restricted in Australia.
What do you mean? I have two, got them from local sites and everything.
>>
>>1804686
I have a Triage, definitely a fine knife, but the axis lock can be a bit hard to work with winter gloves on if that's a factor for you. I mostly keep it in the car or on a pack now. You can flip most open with practice though.

DESU starting to disfavor folders in general though.
>>
>>1804686
The 940 is good. They have a lot that caters to the mall ninja crowd.
>>
They are nice, and expensive. If you buy a 940 you won’t be upset with the quality but you are going to pay for it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (37).jpg (224 KB, 1280x720)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>1804686
Benchmade is globohomo, buy Spyderco
>>
>>1804686
Yes but they use high quality steel and the action is very good and satisfying to play with
>>
File: DSC_0340.jpg (1.06 MB, 1371x1920)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>1804686
Love mine, best knoife I've ever owned. I have a Grizzly Creek that I use as an EDC and my go-to for processing. I've been running it for about a two years now and the steel has held up fantastic, although it is coming close to time for a proper sharpening instead of just honing and stropping.

When it comes to QC I would highly recommend going out to a local store and trying out a knife that you plan to buy, and get that one. This way you can give it the rounds and see if there are any wobbly parts - when I was shopping for mine, I went through 2 Grizzly Creeks and 3 North Forks before I decided which one I wanted.

>>1804860
I used to say this when I couldn't afford Benchmade, Spyderco's are great budget options that'll hold up strong as well, but the locking action isn't as satisfying as the axis lock.
>>
>>1804869
Ball bearing lock is mechanically almost identical to AXIS lock and compression lock is just as strong while being more ergonomic. My PM2 blows my Adamas and Griptilian out of the water in terms of fit, ergonomics, and function.
>>
>>1804872
I can definitely see the appeal of ergonomics with Spyderco > Benchmade, every time I whip out the Endura 4 I just like to hold it - feels like I could chop a tree down with that grip some times, it's very comfortable and steadfast.
>>
>>1804872
Axis-lock is more ergononomic on the simple basis I can flick it open with one hand with 0 effort. A spyderco, I have to do a weird grip to open it with one hand and it feels very awkward. Benchmades, I can flip them open all day like it's a fidget tool.
>>
>>1804686
They're pocket jewelry toys for men.
>>
Benchmade has an amazing return/warranty policy, and for that alone I think they are a great company. See: https://www.benchmade.com/lifesharp-service
I only have a 51, which is not /out functional, but it is beautiful knife and perfect for what it is.
>>
>>1804689
There is a just a couple variants that are. The ones that use the assist like on the Griptilian are fine.
>>
>>1804759
I'm not asking because of Wranglerstar, I'm asking because I want opinions on whether a $100+ knife is worth the money given their reputation when it comes to the actual execution of their knives.

>>1805157
That's a very good point about the warranty. Slightly related, but I've heard of lots of people buying used Benchmades and then using their warranty service to essentially get it fixed to where it's almost brand new.

>>1804869
I normally order online. I would go to a knife store right now but I'm in Texas and don't wanna catch rona now that cases are going up.

General consensus from this thread and other places seems to be that the 940 is one of their best offerings. I'm in no rush to buy one, so I'll probably hold off on buying one for now so that I can eventually go into a store to handle a few and pick one I like (many thanks for that suggestion, Anon).
>>
>>1804686
Benchmade always finds a way to disappoint me further. I’ve probably handled about 10 of them over the last 7 years, and literally only the 810 Contego did I think “this is worth the retail value”. Even then I would still buy a Spyderco Military because it’s less expensive and just all around better everywhere it counts.

The biggest issue with BM is that they have a systemic Quality Control problem. It really is bad; from really off centered grids, just shitastic factory edges, blades coming too lose or tight and with out locktite on the pivot, centering, ect... and sure these are mostly things that can be fixed easily and don’t make it much worse at being a tool, but why bother with it when many other brands in the same price range are putting out higher quality products for less?

And then there are the big fuck ups that have been seeming to happen a lot in the past few years, like them fucking up the HT on multiple different steels and not actually addressing the problem until enough people complain.

Then their is the Omega Spring that they are hell bent on using for ever. Omega springs break so easily, so much so that I don’t know many knife guys who have a few BMs that they actually carry and use often that hasn’t had at lest one or two springs break. And maybe this is not a big problem, except BM wont ship you internal components so you either have to ship your knife to them or buy aftermarket springs.

Now bundle this all up with that they just are not good value for the money for the materials they use compared to other companies, and even if they were not plagued with all these other problems, they are not are active for the money.

So if you are he’ll set on getting a BM, if you really like a particular design, it’s not the worst thing in the world to buy, just know you could have gotten a better tool for the money. Also if possibly try to buy it in store so you can QC it your self since BM can’t be bothered.
>>
>>1804869
So what makes Spyderco Budget? Yes they, unlike BM, offers good budget knives, but they also offer plenty of knives in the $100, $200, $300, and some $400 range.

I don’t understand where this “Spyderco is a cheap company” really started, but I think it’s in part because they actually have a budget line, and because their popular knives tend to be like $20-$50 cheaper then the equivalent BM. And it’s not because they are worse, spoiler alert Spyderco generally beats BM in F&F and QC at a given price range, while also generally having better cutting geometry, and they are one of the best production companies at any price range when it comes to the quality of their HT.

Do I have a bias toward Basedderco? No, I have many knives from other companies that I also really enjoy to carry and use and recommend... it’s more of a bias against BM rooted in I’ve had so much first hand experience with them being mostly “meh” and actually crappy in a few cases.

And it’s not to say Spyderco, Cold Steel, ZT, Kershaw, Ontario, Boker, ect... are not with out their controversies and flaws, it’s just BM has had a lot of those and does not seem to care much about actually addressing and fixing some of them. Why should they? Their primary market is the Military and Law Enforcement, clients who are not as critical about the fine details as long as it works, and don’t see it as over priced because a BM costs what a BM costs.
>>
>>1804860
based and redpilled
>>
>>1805320
Minor correction, >>1804860 and Spydiefags in general are in fact Based and Based pilled.
>>
>>1805326
I really want to get my friends as gifts each a spiderco knife made in the USA... but that’s going to cost 300 :/ what to do?
>>
>>1804686
I own several, bought before I really knew better, and I'm not a huge fan. They're decent enough knives but you can get much better for the money, especially in terms of fit and finish, I have a $300 Benchmade special edition knife that's put together worse than $150 knives I own from other companies. Spyderco and ZT are good brands that make equivalents of pretty much everything BM makes, and I also really like Lionsteel but their lineup is much more limited and niche.

Some people also dislike BM for political reasons, they've done some anti-gun stuff and they're also really tight with law enforcement so that turns a lot of people off.
>>
File: 65l6x0iwhx651.png (196 KB, 506x868)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
From r/knifeclub. What a coinkydink.
>>
Have a 3.5 inch fixed blade from them. Bought it on impulse because I couldn’t find an ESEE locally and it was marked down $40 since it was being discontinued. It’s been a good knife. Send it in during the summer for them to sharpen for hunting season.
>>
>>1805281
Spyderco is for connoisseurs and steel nerds. BM is for plebs.
>>
>>1805390
Are you in the US or do you live some where that makes it more expensive to get US knives? I know some people who have knife collections and live in Australia or Europe, or parts of Asia, I know it’s more expensive to get name brand US knives.

When I think cheap US Spyderco I think of the Para 3 LW which is on average $98 new in the US. Really good value... but it’s not their cheapest US knife, some of their US slip joints made for the UK market are like $70. And they actually make some cheap kitchen knives in the Us factory that are like $25ish. Spyderco Kitchen knives seem like a cool gift, even if they are budget ones.

Or you can go novelty and see if you can get them Spydiecups, they are $50 (idk if they are still for sale and if they will ship internationally) and I really love mine. Or the Spydie Butterfly pen, the US made ones are like $20 ish.

>>1805480
I think I qualify as a steel nerd, kind of is a byproduct of being a sharpening nerd.
>>
>>1805963
some of those knives do look nice, specially that native on top but fucking hell that stupid hole is braindead idiotic no matter how ergonomic it may be.
>>
>>1805967
>Braindead idiotic
Why though? There are not really any down sides to it besides making the blade a bit weaker, which is a non issue since it’s still plenty strong for folders.

I don’t have any issues with the holes. Aesthetically they have grown on me, but really I love them just out of how functional they are, supper easy to flick out with my middle finger, because I’m so used to the Spydiehole, I even instinctively open most thumb stud knives with a middle finger flick, I actually am not good at flicking knives with my thumb now because of it.

But also it’s the best opening method I’ve found that works with thick winter gloves. And the hole does not get in the way as much when sharpening or cutting, and is easier to clean around then most thumb studs. And unlike any other opening method is slightly lowers the weight instead of adding weight. Not that it’s enough to make any real difference.

Now I do like flippers too... but if I were to be so nerdy as to rate opening methods, via practicality, it would be; Spydiehole, flipper, alternative hole, thumb stud, auto, then thumb disk.
>>
>>1805967
Also yes I really love that Native, I’ve been carrying it a lot lately since I got it last month. I normally like 3.5-4” boards and find 3” folders cramped for my hands, but the Native does a great job ergonomically with the forward choil.
>>
>>1805978
why aren't the screws flush with the handles?
Also still about that hole it's just preference, I really dislike the aesthetics of it.
>>
>>1805978
Are spiderco's actually made of chinesium? I dunno why anyone supports that shit.
>>
>>1805963
Thanks dude for the suggestions. I moved to COLORADO and I’m headed back to see friends and wanted to bring a gift from my new state.
>>
>>1805994
That picture makes it look a lot more pronounced than it actually is, my calipers only measure them .05” proud of the scale. Most G-10 Golden Spydercos like the PM2, Military, Manix, ect... are like this. Idk why they chose to do this, but I’m guessing it’s to help keep the heads from getting built up with dirt. But that’s just a guess, as mentioned that particular photo just makes it seem more pronounced than it is. Oddly my Titanium military has its screws countersunk in, along with all the Taiwan ones with domed screws.

>>1806043
>Spydercos made of Chinesium
Who the fuck told you that? They use the same steels as most other premium brands. Their Chines budget line tends to be Sanvick steel, 8Cr13MoV.

The Japanese line have a few different steels, VG-10 is their most common, but they have used a high performance stainless called ZPD-189 for some knives, and recently added in a super high performance tool steel called K390 (not to be confused with M390). The Taichung Taiwan line uses a lot of s30v (the first purpose built modern cutlery Steel and it’s still a good premium steel today 20 years later), but also s35vn, CTS-XHP (one of my favorites) and some more exotic stuff from time to time like 3V.

Their US line by far is the most diverse steel wise. Their default is S30V and they have probably One of the best production HT of it on the market, they have updated their HT a few times in the past 2 decades. Their budget US steel is BD1N which I have no personal experience with but get reviewed well. But the Spyderco Golden knives have always been about exploring some of the most advanced steels available, they have standard production s110v and s90v knives. They have been recently pushing out some Sprint runs and Exclusives with crazy steels that previously have only been seen on custom knives, like k390, Rex 45, Maxamet, 10v, ect... and they have not been joking around with HT either, I have a Maxamet PM2 and it’s 67.5 HRC.
>>
>>1806043
And as for handle material and construction they are pretty on par with the rest of the industry; 400 series stainless liners, hardened steel screws, steel/aluminum/titanium backspacers, FRN/G-10/Carbon Fiber/ Titanium handle scales/frames, and most of their Ti Frame locks have steel incerts on the Lockbar.

The only materials I’m not super happy with in the general Spyderco line up is that they use a kind of cheap feeling plastic for the ball bearing cage on their Manix 2, and most of their Carbon Fiber handle knives are actually peal ply CF/G-10 which is a kind of odd material. I think they went with it because it’s more grippy than normal CF.

Most of their Titanium and regular CF knives are made in Taichung Taiwan which is their flag ship factory, most of the really high end knives with really exotic designs (more arty) and their top fit and finish are made there. Like my Tuff (pic related) which was their Flagship knife in like 2013.
>>
>>1806043
Sorry for writing an essay, but it’s just an odd accusation considering Spyderco has a reputation for being one of the Trail Blazers when it comes to cutlery steel. They normally are one of the first production companies to adopt a steel that is normally only used by custom makers.

KAI (ZT and Kershaw) have also been known to trial blaze with steel, at lest back around 2010-2015... but they seem to have become more conservative ever since they really fucked up the launch of Elmax and almost ruined the reputation of it off the bat. And their HT has been more conservative as well.

Right now I would say Spyderco and Bradford are doing some of the best HTs, like my 3V Guardian 5.5 in pic related. Buck always has done really good HTs, but they aren’t pushing any envelopes and really only do a great job with 420hc and s30v
>>
>>1806159
I really like the look of that blade
>if it was fixed and made in usa
>>
>>1804686
>spend big money for knife
>drop it in the woods, never seen again
worth it
>>
>>1804860
(((Sal Glesser)))
>>
pocket knives are a bell curve. The $5-$20 range of knives are very sketchy and probably made from chinesium "steel".
the $20-$50 range is imo the best range, these knives are going to be good enough quality with a good fit and finish to be reliable work knives but you wont cry when you inevitably loose/break it. Also the warranties in this range are generally decent.
the $50-$100 is fine, its not going to do anything that the 20-50 range is going to do. The fit and finish may be a bit better but thats it.
$100+ is literally just paying for the brand name, and you wont want to do hard work with it because you will be scared of breaking it or losing it. It will likely sit in your knife drawer and will only be used to flex on people that carry nothing but kershaw leeks.

Imo the perfect knife is a spyderco tenacious. Great size and shape, tough and finished well, thin blade thats easy to sharpen, and a large aftermarket if youre into modding for only $50.
>>
>>1807531
>pocket knives are a bell curve
I agree at lest for value for money. But I would argue the best range is $80-$165. In that range you see most knives move to more premium steels and HTs that hold their edge longer, and the general design and materials of knives lend them self to actually being able to last a life time daily use if maintained well. For me this range is defined by the Cold Steel Code 4/AirLite to the Spyderco Para 3/PM2/Military.

I argue some $40-$80 knives may have potential to last a life time but with cheaper steel you need to sharpen more often and thus use more material. And quality of construction as well. The Chines Spydercos are great knives, but they are known for having soft Chines screws that are easy to strip out, it’s one of the reasons I recommend the Ontario Rat 1/2 more often.

>won’t cry when you inevitably lose it or it breaks

The last knife I lost besides around the house, was when I was like 14, it’s easy to keep track of knives especially when they have good pocket clips. And I don’t worry about it breaking because why should I? I’m not gonna beat it against a wall and I expect any knife over $20 should be well constructed enough to handle normal cutting tasks.

>$100 is literally just paying for brand name
A little bit maybe, but no you are also literally paying for better materials and construction. Also with brand generally comes good warranty and design as well.

>likely sit in your drawer
Speak for your self. I have no issue carrying and using even $200+ knives because they are good tools and good tools take care of your if you take care of them. I sharpen knives for a side income and I have gotten a lot of Spydercos, BMs, ZTs, ect... in, and while yes some of them are from people who have obviously rarely used them, most of them are clearly well carried and used. I know a lot of people who carry and are not afraid to use $100+ knives.
>>
>>1807392
Based
>>
>>1807589
>speak for yourself.
dont tell me what to do
>>
>>1807623
>don’t tell me what to do

Then don’t not doen’t carry expensive knife if you won’t not do expect them to not maybe perform greater... ect...
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 225x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1807628
>>
>>1804686
Leftie and I love the axis lock of the Benchmade. Wish they had a model comparable to feel and price of spyderco para though
>>
File: SPY27-knife-image.png (107 KB, 800x536)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>1806162
They're also coming out with their exclusive CPM SPY27.
>>
>>1807727
I would not mind getting a Mule in it desu, I’ve always wanted a Mule and $50 for their first in house designed steel would be a cool on to have.
>>
>>1804696
Sog vs vic vs Leatherman who's best?
>>
>>1804686

I have a couple of Griptilians, and they're fine. I like the Spydcero Endura better, though.
>>
>>1808616
leatherman.
>>
>>1804860
owned by (((them))). your only option is a chris reeve if you want to avoid rootless cosmopolitans.
>>
>>1805443
Dude this is fucking gold
>>
The spyderco shilling ITT is absolutely disgusting. Dogshit designed locking system that's difficult to do with one hand. An axis-lock, Benchmade sucks but going to use it as an example anyway, is a much better and fluid opener. It's literally fun as fuck to use, so much so, I kinda give BM a pass but not really because of QC control. Get a good BM knife that you inspect for a sale price = you did good. Spyderco are great knives for a budget, but I fucking hate the lock system like I said.
>>
>>1809606
What lock system? Liner lock, frame lock, compression lock, back lock, caged bearing lock? Spyderco makes many knives with all of those locks, all of those locks are very easy to use one handed after getting used to the knife, and unlike the Axis lock, are not prone to common spring failure. There are very few locks that don’t get easy to use one handed if you just take a bit of time to practice and get used to it.

Yes there is a lot of Spyderco shilling in the thread, a lot of it from me, but that’s because Spyderco is the most note worthy competitor to BM, and is better in a lot of ways notable ways.

As much as I love Spyderco I actually recommend Cold Steels more often, they just make better value utilitarian designs, but for people looking in the price range of Benchmade, Spyderco and ZT are generally more comparable material and design wise. I’m no more of a shill for Spyderco when talking about BM then I’m a shill for Cold Steel/Kershaw when talking about Gerber/CRKT/SOG, or I’m a shill for Hinderer/Strider when talking about CRK.
>>
Get that Osborne 940 and don’t look back. You won’t regret it. If you want a top quality fixed blade go with Bark River 3v is decent.
>>
>>1808790

>Cucked by his (ex) wife out of his own company

Nah man
>>
>>1804686

Globohomo liberal anti-gun shit.

You can buy Ganzo chinkshit that feels just as good or better than Bitchmade. Very overpriced.

Spyderco is run by jews but at least they invest in R and D and try out new steels, designs and geometries.
>>
>>1809630
When I learned Chris Reeve was kicked out of Chris Reeve Knives by his wife and son, and he can’t make knives under his own name any more, I had a hardy chuckle.

And now that they are switching from s35vn (a steel I’ve never been a big fan of) to the new s45vn (still kind of rather have s30v for a pocket knife), I’m actually considering getting a Sebenza or an Umnumzaan for the first time. If I don’t like it I can always sell it a few months later for like $50 less.
>>
File: 20160706_184419.jpg (407 KB, 746x510)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>1804686
Yes huge meme and shoddy fit and finish.
>>
>>1809660
Says the guy paying 300 for s30v and bragging rights. You need the lord
>>
>>1809681
>$300
Kek new the Small is $375 and large is $450, for the PJ (Plain Jane), if you add in inlays it can be $75+ depending on material.

>s30v
As mentioned here (>>1809656 ) I only wish they were still using s30v, they switched to s35vn like 10ish years ago which imo is a downgrade for a folding knife, especially since they gave it a soft dog poop HT until a few years ago, and now it’s just a “meh” HT. They are now switching to s45vn which maybe an upgrade.
>>
File: IMG_20200617_131016100.jpg (1.92 MB, 2448x3264)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>This is my neighbor, Nusuktaltulyakbai
>he is pain in my assholes
>I get a window from a glass, he must get a window from a glass
>I get custom Benchmade folder, he cannot afford

GREAT SUCCESS
>>
Also reality check, I checked today and found Benchmades aren’t even Bowie proof. So what the fuck are they good for?

I mean I did save .28oz off my Bitchout, so now it’s more ideal for all of the long distance hikers that are counting oz.
>>
File: 1591633765560.png (596 KB, 708x482)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
>>1810040
I don't think lifesharp covers breaking a knife so you can post about it on 4chan. Here's that $80 (you), retard.
>>
>>1810660
>$80
Nah that costed me $10. So many people buy after market scales for Bitchouts that its easy to buy the original scales from people for cheap. I bought these two sets for $20 so I could do stuff like this. I installed the dyed purple set and the knife is like new after bending the clip back that I hit with the bowie.

I eventually want to get thick Tungsten scales made for it since I find the idea of a 10oz Bugout endlessly amusing.
>>
>>1805443
Griptilian is a shit knife, why would anyone have one custom made?
>>
>>1811423
Feels like shit, but I like mine.
>>
>>1804686
Knife-accumulator here. If you can go to a store and handle one in person, or specify to the store that you want one without any play/bad grinds/whatever, they are good knives,albeit a little expensive for what you're getting.
Some people will argue that the customer service you get makes the price worth it, and maybe it does.
>>
File: IMG_20200617_112917881.jpg (3.22 MB, 2448x3264)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
>>1810890
It sounds to me like you spend a lot of time inside.

>>1811423
>actually using 4chan posts as decision-making data
kek
I've got knives that cost a lot more, but don't fit the hand as well or don't cut as well. They have a comparatively lame frame lock instead of based Axis goodness. Some of them don't have powdered metallurgy steel. It's also a nice thought that this particular Griptilian is unique and was manufactured specifically for myself...and if I somehow end up retarded and can't maintain my own tools anymore, Benchmade will give it the spa treatment for free. Since I purchased mine years ago, I'd say my little 551 has paid for itself by now.
>>
>>1812457
Anon that Benchmade literally looks like is have never been carried anywhere besides the office. I see only one scrape on the pocket clip, and none on the handle. Even your knife-loser-9000 lanyard looks clean.

Come back and accuse people of not going /out/ when you actually go /out/ and use your knife for more than pocket jewelry.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7 KB, 219x230)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1812466
That photograph was taken immediately after washing and sharpening my 551.

I could take another shot, but it's even cleaner now. Wanna know why my knife is squeaky goddamn clean? Yesterday it was in my pocket as I went to three separate beaches. As I swam in the natural, unchlorinated waters, all the shit I got on it from using it (wood, graphite, food matter, dead skin cells, etc.) was cleaned right off. So don't talk to me about not using my shit and not going /out/ you China-loving poser faggot.
>>
>>1812486
Guess you just got done installing a new pocket clip too?

>China-lover
>hurr durr Bitchmade muh only USA made knife company
>REEEEE they have to donate to anti gun politicians, that’s just how it works, they don’t want to help infringe our 2A
>>
File: IMG_20200530_195414059~2.jpg (1.97 MB, 3264x2448)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>1812498
That clip's wear is easily visible on its edges. Further signs of carry are even clearer in the lanyard. You only weaken your point with your poor observational skills. My custom Basedmade offers a superior overall experience as a knife user to any of the chinashit you've got. Stay mad.
>>
>>1809786
Fuck you satanic faggot
>>
File: 1593707525228.jpg (47 KB, 689x478)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>
>>1812596
I'm not a Satanist, but I appreciate many of Anton LaVey's clearly libertarian ideas, hence the sigil of Baphomet.
>>
>>1812631
You're a faggot plain and simple. Do you take your effeminate jewelry off when your give your father hand jobs? Or do they give you magical powers and turn the nut you drink into a love potion?
>>
>>1812670
lol why do you care so much about what that guy wears? it's weird to me. you're a weirdo.
>>
>>1812678
I could care less if he wears clown shoes and an upside down hat. Dress smart dress like redneck I don't care. The second you put on a dress and cute little "esoteric" rings and start hailing satan and acting like a faggot I'm gonna hate your guts though. Mental detectives like this are bringing society down. A man is never a woman. Not even when you stick up for them, or when they tell themselves they aren't a faggot. Yall are definite faggots. Please ban me jannies. You're attributing to the downfall of western civilization by doing so
>>
>>1812755
Whoa now buddy, I dislike Bitchmade gaylords as much as the next guy... but maybe you should consider taking off the 23/7 Alex Jones VR glasses, turn off Fox News in the background, put down the crack pipe, and just rest a while. Go out and take a walk through the woods for a while, listen to the birds, do some Bushcraft with your non faggot, non Bitchmade, knife, and relax a little.
>>
>>1804686
OP. Please do yourself a favor and buy a carbon steel Opinel and call it a day. I own both benchmades and spyderco and as long as you sharpen them correctly, they all cut basically the same for 1/20 the price.
>>
>>1812755
You're making a lot of assumptions about things you know nothing about, christfag scum.
>>
>>1812670
I don't expect spiritually illiterate dullards like yourself to get it, nor will I offer an explanation, as someone with your feeble mental faculties doesn't deserve one.
>>
>>1812926
Spiritually illiterate? I'm the guy wandering this earth studying, reading, being begged to join every little shitty cult I come across, and if they actually seem serious I'll stick around just long enough to turn their weak minds on one another and bring the thing down from the inside. I'm the guy supplying your community with dmt for free just because I want eyes open. Im that will say all this in person as soon as here, with the red print of my back hand across your face while you hear it. If you think degeneracy is acceptable you need to learn your history you wannabe dangerous fuck. People like you are a stain on what the esoteric is. It's the deep dark secret and you wear it in your sleeve. Even if your intentions were base and you intended only to use it to curry favor youd still be on the wrong track. The mysterious man who wanders into town spreading the word of god with an ak-47 on his back and free rides to the afterlife gets respect. All you get is called a faggot.
>>
File: IMG_20200625_190808881.jpg (2.35 MB, 3264x2448)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>1812998
>calling me dangerous and degenerate

You're no student of the esoteric, you're a casual and a hippie. You literally balk at texts you are illiterate to. While I do literally wear my beliefs on my sleeve, I don't talk about them to anyone in person, and if someone asks about it, I tell them "it's spiritual" and leave it at that. Nobody who doesn't practice what I do deserves to know what I know. To the normies in town, I'm "that friendly viking guy with a knife", and that's how it will remain.

I'll give you one tidbit of information, though: the Younger Futhark runes I wear on my arms were used primarily as common text among Scandinavians during the Viking Age. They bear the names of Teutonic gods and depict nothing I would consider to be even remotely occult.

You're making loads of assumptions that I will allow you to believe are true. If you're not a poser, we will probably be made to meet at some point in a more cordial setting.

Pretty sure you're just a poser though. Your neuroses and Christian baggage will stay your feet.
>>
>>1812998
holy shit this is the most cringe thing i've ever read. settle down man.
>>
>>1813041
I promise everyone thinks you're a faggot
>>
>>1812755
>and start hailing satan and acting like a faggot I'm gonna hate your guts though
haha, yea, i love giving my foreskin to yahwe
>>
>>1813096
i think he is a pretty cool guy and i like his jewlery
>>
>>1813098
You should suck his cock then
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1813096
I'm sure feeble-minded christfags like yourself do at first, but around these parts even they come around eventually. I live my life in service to others because that's how a grown ass man is supposed to live. Stay NEET, stay virgin. Poser
>>
>>1813041
I dont think you're dangerous, I think you want to be dangerous. Fucking pentagram on your shit thinking you aren't a degenerate. Do a blood letting ritual for me and please, use your own
>>
>>1813096
I came to this thread for knife talk, but what I seem to have found is some weirdo making a big deal about someone's rings. What a weird guy.
>>
>>1813102
wow, not to sound like one of them lot, but you seem really fragile, is it because you want to wear jewlery? you can do it man i believe in you
>>
>>1813104
You are a stain on this earth. Keep pushing your shit and pretending I dont mean my words. Itll serve you well while we white protestants cull you in the coming crusade
>>
>>1813114
r u ok man?
>>
>>1813108
In a world that encourages sodomy, satanism, and men dressing like women, I couldn't be more proud to be weird.
>>
>>1813119
Where did sodomy and dressing like women come into play?
>>
>>1813116
The country is not okay. What I propose is not a further ailment, but a remedy. Read your history. When civilizations fall into degeneracy they destroy themselves, and the order that builds it back up is found in faith and family. All degenerates do is destroy and corrupt holy things. They serve no other purpose.
>>
File: 1592607711064.jpg (39 KB, 374x347)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1813106
I had Benchmade put the sigil on my knife (which people other than myself hardly ever see) because I agree with the idea of balance and adversarial challenge it is meant to represent. The other stuff I wear is mostly Germanic because that pantheon is where my moral compass can be found. I see your moral compass doesn't keep you from insulting people you don't know and making judgements with very little actual information.
>>
>>1813125
When your boyfriend started wearing jewelry like a woman, for attention, like a woman
>>
File: 1592772160917.jpg (72 KB, 381x424)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>1813114
>>1813119
>>1813126
Oh , you're one of THOSE people. Absolutely disgusting and worthy of all cringe. Opinion 100% disregarded.
>>
>>1813126
>When civilizations fall into degeneracy
We've been in degeneracy from the start.
>>
>>1813127
You judged yourself unworthy of gods love when you chose to follow satan. But go ahead and try to shoot the messenger, lord knows I wont hesitate when the time comes
>>
>>1813132
Men also wear jewelry. They have since jewelry was invented.
>>
File: norse-gods.jpg (1.36 MB, 3023x1080)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>1813138
I don't believe in your cucked christ god, you sexually repressed freak. My gods tell me not to kneel like a slave but to stand as a free man.
>>
>>1813143
Men who are part of decadent philistine cultures? Yes. Men who have turned from god but twist his word to control the masses like the catholic church? Yes. Real men no. Maybe a wedding ring. Bling? A jeezus peace? Shit in your teeth? Hell no dumbass. Read your history. People with understanding are satisfied with very little, the more understanding the less they need. Why fucko here thinks his bullshit is an excuse for a personality is beyond me.
>>
>>1813145
I have no desire to fuck men or children I have nothing to repress. What are you repressing? Seems to be doubt in your false idols
>>
>>1813150
>>1813147
You're a slave. You ought not be allowed to speak among free men.
>>
>>1813136
That is not true, there have always been the same sins. They have not always been accepted though, this acceptance isnt designed to make you feel acceptance its intended to polute the minds of the youth and destroy society from the inside.
>>
>>1813150
>>1813157
My forefathers beat up your forefathers.
>>
>>1813157
there have been plenty of accepted sins. owning other humans through slavery, sexual abuse by those in power.
>>
>>1813156
A slave to who? This idea of suppressing ideas is becoming very popular lately. I'd die for your right to Express your bullshit you stupid commie faggot. You'll never die for anything. You'll go out with a whimper. I'm a slave to who? You're a slave to the communist enemies of America who seek corrupt our youth through control of social media but who am I a slave to?
>>
>>1813160
See
>>1813158

You're weak, you come from a weak bloodline, and your ancestors don't watch over you because you forsook them for a sky fairy.
>>
>>1813159
Do you understand that less than %5 of white Americans owned slaves? That %40 of slave owners were in fact jewish? That I have repeatedly outlined myself as protestant and compared the catholic church and its pedophiles to satanists in the very thread? Dummy?
>>
>>1813161
I am Scandinavian you retard dear lord the coping itt is overflowing
>>
>>1813162
I didn't say anything about America or the Catholic church. There has been slavery throughout history, and it's been accepted by society as a whole even if the majority of the population didn't participate.
>>
>>1813166
Yeah, and your ancestors were likely farmers who were the first to convert when king faggot came around to convert everybody, turning your backs on thousands of years of based tradition.

I say again: you're weak, your bloodline is weak, your god doesn't exist and the entities that do won't pay attention to you, except maybe to poke fun at the retard who's aimlessly wandering his way through the dark.
>>
>>1813159
Those things have never been accepted by true Christians. My family used to buy, free, and then pay whole families of slaves on their cotton ranch in Tennessee and when emancipation came they all stayed because they were happy and trusted my family, and sent their children to college with the money saved when black colleges and desegregated colleges began to open. Yall are all so fucked in the head with your brainwashed bullshit. What you want reparations faggot? Here's an idea. Let's stop making today's blacks pay income tax for a hundred years. Maybe then they'd be willing to earn their keep
>>
>>1813170
I have met your entities in person on dmt. They are lesser spirits. Nothing to fear or respect. Definitely not the one true god bubba
>>
File: images (9).jpg (9 KB, 284x177)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
This thread is the most hilarious example of poorfag coping I've seen in months. Yeah, Benchmade makes good knives. No, you can't afford them. Can we move on now?
>>
File: antichristianshills.png (441 KB, 1891x752)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
>>1813170
>you're weak, your bloodline is weak, your god doesn't exist
All that projection.
>>
>>1813174
>>1813160
>>1813157
>>1813138
>>1813132
I think you should probably see a psychiatrist
>>
>>1813173
>on this episode of shit that never happened
>>
>>1813177
You're confused bubba. I'm curious how many trailers you know of with pillars and shit
>>
>>1813182
Definitely word for word truth. My grandfather engineered the stealth bomber if you really wanna go deep and find out about my "weak bloodline"
>>
>>1813181
Because over educated lesbians know the path to heaven lol
>>
>>1813186
What the fuck are you even talking about? Why are christfags always so neurotic?
>>
>>1813188
So your grandfather engineered a weapon that was used to kill untold numbers of God's children? How do you figure that's something to brag about?
>>
>>1813192
The dude implied to be a white Christian usually equals a lack of resources. This is communist propaganda you bought fool
>>
>>1813197
The double talk commences right on schedule
>>
>>1813197
I'm not bragging. I'm just shinning a light on the guy thinking I'm a mud bloods stupidity. I'm not racist I think race is a distraction. If you wanna play that game though you dont win. Hitler would have written me love letters
>>
>>1813204
good lord
>>
>>1813204
Watch closely, kids. This is why we don't do meth
>>
>>1813204
The absolute opposite of based
>>
>>1813208
Yes, beautiful. Turn the conversation towards race, when I outline how you sound, turn it in me. I'm the one talking about race. And oh boy do I love Hitler. Yall about dumb as fuck I'm closer to more people of any given race than you ignorant virtue signalers ever will be. Actual people of color dont wanna be treated like they cant take care of themselves. Just the uneducated welfare state and over educated communists that perpetuate their self inflicted agony.
>>
wtf is going on in here
>>
>>1813210
You don't have a very tight grip on sarcasm do you cuz? I didnt make it about race, I'm not racist. Black girls are drawn to me like flies to shit because I'm honest and not a little pandering bitch trying to please everyones delicate sensibilities
>>
>>1813186
I'm sure the similar architecture is totally a coincidence
>>
>>1813217
>>1813214
dude holy shit
>>
>>1813221
The left are the ones fucking children you chucklefuck. Are you really that autistic? "The baud mayon haze pillars!! The baud mayon haze pillars!" Jesus h christ yeah I'm out here talking about the degeneracy problem and calling out pedophiles because I'm a degenerate pedophile. You should be a detective. "Henry P. Retard, private eye"
>>
>>1813224
What? Cock got your tongue?
>>
File: Elliot-Rodger.jpg (298 KB, 2197x1463)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>1813186
>>1813191
>>1813204
Does this guy remind anyone here of somebody?
>>
>>1813230
Whatever, nigga
>>
>>1813233
Didnt that guy have trouble getting laid or something? And claim to be a gentleman? Do I sound like a gentleman, or like I'd have issue letting a girl know they were lifting my cock up like they're a jedi? I can come fuck your sister if you need to see it to believe it but for all my faults that's an asinine attempt at association. Do better if you can
>>
File: 1593572009409m.jpg (93 KB, 1024x983)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>1813240
Am I supposed to know who that is??
>>
>>1813241
>not having full breadth of the situation
So you're a neurotic christfag AND you're new. Why are you even on this board?
>>
File: 1593340666942.jpg (124 KB, 1021x1024)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>1813230
Good ole H.P.R.
>>
>>1813246
New?.......... oh god I've been here so much longer than I'd care to admit my friend. I'm here because you need to be told you're a faggot
>>
>>1813253
Sounds to me like you don't go /out/ much
>>
>>1813260
I work and live the outdoors buddy. Just got back from kayak fishing for cat an hour or two ago. In a few days I'll go back to work outdoors for two months straight
>>
>>1813260
You realize most people who spend time outdoors agree with pretty much everything I've said.... right.?¿?¿ rrriiggghhttt?¿? Who do you think pays for the hunting licences and tags that pay the salaries of the men picking up the the trash you dumb liberal yuppies leave on our beautiful lands? Conservative people with families dumbass. You don't do anything but bitch
>>
I haven’t checked out this thread in a while, let me see how it’s doin.... anons?

What the hell happed here? You know what, never mind.

Safe to say, this is why I like Spydercos more than Benchmade, keeps the crazy away.
>>
File: Play Here.jpg (13 KB, 261x195)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>wow lots of activity in the Benchmade thread, hope I haven't missed any stimulating discussion
>nope just the usual retards flinging shit at each other

Just fuck off
>>
>>1804686
I have that same knife. It's one of my favorites for every day carry. Small with a decent blade length, holds a solid edge and it has a nice locking mechanism for quickly opening and closing.
That being said it's my only Benchmade so I don't have a lot of experience with the brand as a whole. Only got the thing because my company gave me some Academy credit as a Christmas gift and I've always liked the look of the Osborne. Most of my knives are Spydercos, and I wholeheartedly recommend them as well. They play around with a lot of cool as fuck steels, and even though the knives are fuck ugly, I think the Paramilitary is one of the finest production knife designs around, especially if you find a sprint run with a great steel. Compression lock best lock.
>>
>>1804686
Never had a benchmade, but i got a $50 civivi and it's the same steel. I've been happy with it
>>
>>1805269
what is the point of that hole on spyderco knives? It looks so stupid
>>
>>1813850
It’s a really simple and effective design for an opening method. I talked about it in detail here ( >>1805975 ) the second to last paragraph in particular.

>But also it’s the best opening method I’ve found that works with thick winter gloves. And the hole does not get in the way as much when sharpening or cutting, and is easier to clean around then most thumb studs. And unlike any other opening method is slightly lowers the weight instead of adding weight. Not that it’s enough to make any real difference.
>>
File: file.png (847 KB, 1044x1146)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
>>1813857
I see.
would pic related be considered a flipper?
>>
File: IMG_20200608_170052707.jpg (1.88 MB, 3264x2448)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
>>1813857
I feel like if we were to meet IRL we could have a few beers
>>
>>1813929
Yes I would very much consider the Civivi Elementum a flipper, especially considering that’s the only obvious opening method. imo it’s the modern day Kershaw Skyline.

>>1813947
Hey Spydiebros are always good candidates to have a beer with my dude.
>>
OP here. I see this thread turned into a shitshow.

>>1813857
It just functions the same as a thumbstud, but it's a more convenient I find and gives them an excuse to put a real nice finger choil behind it for added grip.

I'd buy more Spyderco's but the fact that they don't replace blades is a big downside for me. I love their knives but I'd like it if I could have the blade replaced as opposed to just buying a new knife if I fuck the blade up too badly.

>>1813929
I have this knife in D2 and ebony wood, it's actually really fucking good for the price and for being made in China. It is a flipper and it has better action at $50 than a lot of higher end flippers I've handled. Wouldn't use it /out/side but it's a nice EDC knife.
>>
>>1814646
>Wouldn't use it /out/side
what would you use?
>>
>>1804686
I have a Infidel and a Axis folder 2.0. My axis folder is by far my favorite knife I beat the shit out of it for 3 years never a problem except once the pocket clip snagged on a peice of canvas at work and now it doesnt stay well in my pocket.
>>
>>1815185
Ideally? A fixed blade. Barring that I’d use something simple like a Buck 110/112 or Opinel. The Elementum is nice but it’s just not what I’d prefer when I go outdoors.
>>
>>1814646
Do you often fuck up your blades so bad you have to replace them completely? I agree you should be able to buy replacement blades from Spyderco at lest for their more standard current production knives, but if you commonly find your self needing to replace a blade you are doing something wrong.

I’ve been carrying knives since I was 8, and I’ve yet to completely ruin a blade. I have 50+ folding knives and only one of them I’m gonna get a new blade for, but it’s a Strider I bought from a friend knowing if had a cracked blade and they replace for free since it’s a known issue.

Just seems like a silly reason to drawl a line and not buy from a company

>>1815253
The pocket clip is an easy fix. Just take it off with a T6 screwdriver, and bend it back with pliers or a vice so it has tension.
>>
>>1815759
I don't, but I like it when the things I buy have that kind of guarantee on them that I can still repair them in a worst case scenario. It's not a line that I've drawn as much as it is a hesitance to buy a knife that expensive knowing that other companies at the same price range have better guarantees on their products. All that said, I'd still buy a Spyderco and have a few that I'm eyeing.
>>
>>1804686
Are they actually made on a bench or just some shitty chink factory?
>>
>>1815830
No if they were made in a random chink factory they would have better quality control then they do now
>>
File: IMG_158206250757F.jpg (327 KB, 1028x1920)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>1814638
Love that Millie. I used to have one that I traded for a K2, which I traded for this ZT.
>>
Not a fan of Benchmade personally. I really prefer flippers over thumb studs.
>>
Just get a PM2 and be done with it, OP.
>>
I have an Ontario Rat 1 and I really like it. Its pretty cheap too

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.