[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: nuisance.jpg (424 KB, 1296x1080)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
What's the best way to deal with a trapped raccoon if you don't have a gun?
>>
>>1789894
Garbage can full of water or if you're feeling primeval, a sharp stick.
>>
>>1789899
Wish I didn't have to drown it. Heard that's terrible to experience
>>
>>1789904
Or you could just drive far away and dump it, let it be someone else's problem.
>>
>>1789894
Stop leaving food waste accessible.
>>
>>1789914
How can I compost without leaving it accessible?
>>
>>1789914
It's not just food waste, it's been getting into my garden
>>
>>1789894
He looks sad :(
>>
stop killing animals just drive him out to the woods or keep him as pet
>>
>>1789894
Why don’t you just drive it 10 miles away and release it. Thats literally the whole point of havahart traps. Not so you can drown it in a cage like a sandnigger
>>
File: catharsis dummy.png (187 KB, 540x783)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>1789998
Yeah who the fuck is drowning animals they trap in their backyard? That sounds like some shit they'd do in Vietnam where they don't give a shit about animal cruelty
>>
>>1789998
Point of havahart for me is so I can kill him painlessly with a point blank shot
>>
Why would you drown it? Fucking retard just drive it far away and let it out
>>
>>1790007
Then why bother even spending the money if you're still going to kill the poor bastard
>>
>>1789894
Stop using that trap and get the correct size body gripper, a 330 conibear would work.
>>
>>1790029
How can you do that without it running back to bite you?
>>
>>1790042
>How can you do that without it running back to bite you?
I assure you that wants to get as far away from you as possible. You should put a towel over the cage too so it stops freaking out.
>>
>>1789998
>>1790005
>t. has never trapped animals for their pelts.
>>
>>1790052
No shit. It makes me wonder if all these guys are larping from their suburban condos in Denver or Portland where they take their Basedbaru to the campgrounds and post about it on their Instagram.

Use a body gripper, or hang that pussy trap off a dock for an hour. Done. I usually just smack mink and marten on the nose to stun them and stand on them for a bit, then into the chest freezer.
>>
>>1789894
leave it in the cage in the sun until it starves to death and then throw it in your hot compost pile.
>>
>>1789894
Get some teenagers to pull him apart like soft bread to freak out some kid
>>
>>1790072
Found the reddit-spacing badass
>>
>>1790072
goof advice..drown that mfr.. whatever you do don't let it live,or get on you..a fkn coon can eat your ass up .and these niggers of the animal world, are famous for rabies... it is gonna tear that cage all to hell, but well worth it
>>
>>1789894
Jumper cables and a rubber mat.
>>
>>1789997
>stop killing animals just drive him out to the woods
>>1789998
>Why don’t you just drive it 10 miles away and release it
T. has never dealt with raccoons
>>
>>1790092
"reddit-spacing"
>>
>>1790104
>T. has never dealt with raccoons
youre just a dumbass
>>
>>1789894
Growing up on the lake, my grandfathers buddy was a WW2 vet. He'd take them and drown them in the lake. If he was feeling kind he'd shoot it while it was in the cage.

I didn't like this but I see the logic in it.
>>
>>1789894
Decapitate

Just buy a gun though anon, a .22 is like $80 at walmart
>>
>>1789894
A good crack to the head will render it unconscious if you go the drowning route. Won't feel a thing that way.
>>
>>1789894
If you're squeamish OP, just drive far out and find a way to open the trap so it can't have a go at you. It's just a raccoon, but you really dont want to have to get a rabies shot. If your trap is the same as your pic, drive out, put the cage on the ground near your car, get in roll down the window and use a rod to push down the the spring plate. As soon as the raccoon leaves circle around so it doesn't hide under your car. Best case the raccoon runs off, worst case, you end up driving over the raccoon and the world has one less trash panda. Collect your cage and go.
>>
I used to whack them with a rebar stake and then drown them while they were ko'd, forcing all of the air out of them with my foot
>>
>>1789920
>How can I compost without leaving it accessible?
Get some kind of a sealed compost tumbler. Even a cheap plastic trash can with holes drilled in it will work. Once it’s broken down beyond a certain point they won’t be interested.
Trash panda control is all about cutting off food sources and access to buildings and other structures. Make the environment unappealing and they will move along.
>>
>>1789894
Spear. Stab him a few times in the belly til he don't dodge or squirm so good anymore, then pike him in the neck, going straight in behind the skull or underneath through the neck.
>>
>>1789894

Open the trap and set it free. And if you do have a gun, give it to the raccoon to protect itself in the future.
>>
>>1789905
This.
>>
>>1790222
No
>>
>>1790072
I'm not OP but I can't set anything larger than 110s on land. Any larger kill traps or even footholds greater than 5.5 inches wide have to be in water. I'm not even in a hippie state.

>>1789894
Two options:

1)Put the cage in an air tight container and walk away. Smaller the better.

2)Try to get some sort of cable/cordage around it's neck. It wont be easy given how small the holes are in the trap. Pull and hold.

Word of caution: just because he's not breathing or moving doesn't mean he's dead. First they black out. Keep pressure until the body goes limp. Poke it in the eye to make sure. If there's a reflex it's still alive.
>>
>>1789905
Better off shooting it, territorial coons will run him to death unless he's lucky enough to find a free spot.

>>1789904
In my experience its literally just a big gulp a small struggle for maybe 30 seconds, and then it's over.
>>
>>1790052
>trapping for fur
>using a wire cage live trap
I'm going to guess that you haven't either.

>>1789998
The best thing for nuisance coons I've ever used was a 220 at the end of a length of pipe filled with dry cat food. The problem is it also does a damned good job of killing literally anything that gets in it, which is not ideal for some situations. The havahart exists so you can release the neighbors cat, instead of trying to hide its body.
>>
>>1790293
Unless it's muskrat colony traps, right?
>>
>>1790309
Never used one, in fact I haven't trapped muskratin years because there just aren'tenough around to justifythe work fora $3 pelt, but I would imagine they would be as hard on fur as any other wire mesh live trap. The few people I know who do trap muskrat still all use 110s
>>
File: wiretrap.jpg (890 KB, 2272x1704)
890 KB
890 KB JPG
>>1790349
Not my pic but most guys out by me swear by the wire trap. You can only catch a single muskrat in a 110.
>>
>>1789894
Just fucking open it retard. If you lose a finger its your own fault
>>
>>1789894

Conduct experiments on it to give it enhanced intelligence and bipedal walking.
>>
>>1789894
Call Your county animal control
>>
File: 1581481381920.gif (1.9 MB, 500x210)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB GIF
>>1790480
>>
Drive to the woods and release it.
>>
>>1789894
Put it through college
>>
>>1790052
Clearly OP isn't trapping for pelts either, otherwise he wouldn't be posting on /out/ to figure out how to kill the fucking thing.
>>
What do raccoons even do besides rummage around in you trashcan?

They seem pretty chill to me
>>
Slam it in the head with a giant log
>>
>>1789894
Aww it looks so cute and sad
>>
File: 400.gif (998 KB, 350x263)
998 KB
998 KB GIF
>>1789894
>>
>>1789894
Release it into the wild far away
>>
>>1789929
Eat him to recur the loss
>>
Put bag over trap
Run hose from car exhaust pipe to bag
Run car for 10 minutes
>>
>>1790089
this. and livestream it to us
>>
File: ew.gif (948 KB, 155x173)
948 KB
948 KB GIF
>>1790209
>trash panda
please go back and never return faggot
>>
>>1789974
It does indeed. :)
>>
>>1790043
bullshit..a coon can be really aggressive...and rabies
>>
>>1789894
Just half submerge the cage and let it alone, the racoon will fall asleep at some point and drown itself in its sleep, without any suffering.
We've been doing that for ages.
>>
>>1790632
That's pretty awful dude. They have to hold themselves up to the point of utter exhaustion and then they drown. How the fuck is that ethical? You haven't thought about this shit at all.

I said it earlier in the thread - car exhaust contains enough carbon monoxide to put a small animal to sleep very quickly and permanently. Don't use minimum-effort trailer trash culling techniques and pretend you're doing the raccoons a favor. They'd be better off drowning quickly rather than being tortured over a period of hours or days.

Sick.
>>
>>1790654
At first I thought that as well, it would be terrible for a human, because he would reason what would happen when he falls asleep, but it's simply not the case with animals (at least racoons and rats, don't know about smart monkeys), they just fall asleep as if there wasn't any water.

Cheap? Check
Easy? Check
Fast? Check (takes some hours at most)
>>
>/out/ likes drowning animals
thought you niggers would be better than other boards. if youre not going to shoot it then just release it somewhere else.
>>
>>1790663
>if youre not going to shoot it
Behead them and watch how they run now that you're at it
>>
>>1789894
Look at it.
Just drop it in the forest you fucking asshole.
You leave food for it away from your garden.
You have plenty of waste food it can eat instead of letting it rot.

Whats it gonna do? eat your strawberry plant?
If you kill the racoon i will disease your fammily.
>>
>>1790685
>If you kill the racoon i will disease your fammily.
If he doesn't, IT WILL disease his family.
>>
>>1790540
Maul your chickens.
>>
>>1790127
Prove it fag. Have you ever actually had to deal with these goddamn things? It will literally just come back.
>>
>>1790540
Dig up your onions
>>
>>1790597
I tried this and it didn't fall asleep, just overheated
>>
File: 1302025284001[1].jpg (19 KB, 413x395)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1790737
Well, there you go, problem solved
>>
>>1790388
I hear that muskrat fur is exquisite.
>>
>>1789894
Kill and eat it ofc!
>>
>>1790793
Very soft, very fragile
>>
buy a gun, pussy
>>
>>1789894
I haven't seen this reply but if you are going to live trap a racoon you have to be ready to release them quick. Raccoons don't sit and wait in a cage like a possum or cat. They will destroy themselves trying to get out. I've seen one strip all the skin off it's forearms and break all its teeth trying to get through the bars of the trap.
>>
>>1790619
That’s exactly why I’m not coming here. Everyone is a sick sadistic ass hole just like every other board. Fucking white people are monsters
>>
>>1790997
Let it the fuck out. It’s probably thinking of it’s kids and family and shit
>>
Online it says you just need sprinklers to keep them out
>>
pellet rifle does the trick instantly but i also just dump the bodies in the trash, not trying for fur or anything
>>
you can also put the whole thing into a big trash can and run a hose from your car exhaust to it. Raccoon feels sleepy and then it croaks. No pain no suffering.
>>
>>1789974
I'd say he's terrified, not sad.
>>
>>1789894
feed him a fish and have a good boy coon.
>>
>>1789894
Call animal control
>>
>>1789894
Go drive him to the countryside and release him. Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>1789894
Go buy a gun and shoot it
>>
File: 1591879599573.jpg (241 KB, 1000x923)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
Just get yourself some feminist raccoons
>>
>>1791637
end
?
>>
>>1791017
t. suburban mom
>>
>>1790658
The animal behavioral model for depression uses rats stuck in a small pool. The time until they give up and just float is supposed to reflect their level of depression. So i hope you know the rats are dying having mentally given up on life, exhausted, and slowly drowning. Just get it over with the quick way
>>
>>1789894
>What's the best way to deal with a trapped raccoon if you don't have a gun?
dunno, the cage makes it impossible to club it.
i don't like unnecessary cruelty, if you just bag it airtight and fill it with natural gas (biologically inert) it should die without suffocation and panic. co2 may induce panic there are receptors in the body for it.
>>
sharp point screwdriver
>>
>>1791015
want to know what I would do to you if I trapped you in a cage ? :^)
>>
>>1790007
>hurr let me just drive it out into the woods to be eaten by coyotes
It's gonna fucking die anon. The point is that it won't suffer.

Go buy a gun OP
>>
>>1789894
Whenever I see raccoons or possums, I just smack them with a shovel, so if you can get to him with a shovel, I'd say that's your best bet besides a gun
>>
>>1792168
Argon/helium are the two easiest to get
>>
>>1789894
submerse the whole thing in water
>>
Bite his right ear to establish dominance.
>>
>>1790005
It's not cruel at all, realistically speaking it's the most pleasant and least painful way for a mammal to die, besides a shot to the head
>>
>>1789894
don't kill him you retard
>>
>>1793189
Yeah that's why waterboarding doesn't really work.
>>
>>1789894
Step 1. Stick tarp around cage, make sure there are no holes and make sure tarp is preferably under the dirt a bit to prevent any gas escaping from under the cage
Step 2. Attach a pipe the size of your exahust to under the tarp where the animal is.
Step 3. Sticky tape around the the tarp where you have just slid the tube under so no gas can escape
Step 4. Turn on car and leave it running
Racoon gets sleepy and then dies of carbon monoxide poisoning. Comfy way to die.
Another way would be to freeze it but not sure how you would go about that.
>>
>>1793292
Won't it overheat?
>>
>>1793308
not before the gas does its bit
gotta keep the pipe from touching the tarp though
>>
>>1793308
The tarp might get hot. Try use helium instead.
Also make sure you do it for long enough. The animal might still be alive but brain dead if you give his oxygen supply back before his brain shuts off. I think it's somewhere between 7 - 10 minutes after you stop breathing is when you can be revived.
>>
>>1793436
Noble gasses seem like a better idea. But you need to replace enough of the oxygen in the chamber for it to get hypoxic effectively and not just experience hyperventilation. To do that you'd probably have to put the cage in a large sealed tarp or bag, squeeze out as much air as possible, then inflate it with the noble gas
>>
File: images (15).jpg (39 KB, 500x500)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1793440
A small tent does not sound like a bad idea. Use the zippers to create a seal. And then seal around that with tape. And then flood in some gas from one of those BBQ gas canisters. I even have a hose attached to mine for the BBQ. Couple campers have actually died while pic related inside their tent.
Or you know. You could make it easy and just throw a big BBQ gas canisters onto the animal and kill it. Just think of it as squishing a bug
>>
>>1789894
It's been 4 days OP. What did you do with it? Don't tell me it's still in the damn cage.
>>
trash bag, little bit of gasoline
the gasoline fumes will do it in much quicker than exhaust or any gasses you introduce
>>
This thread has really brought to light just what kinds of sadistic fucks browse this board. I've seen maybe three actually ethical/humane ways to dispose of the coon in this thread.
>>
just stomp the cage and crush the coon with it. These cages are made to be disposable. If your legs are too weak, run the cage over
>>
>>1789894
Let it go in the woods
>>
>>1793471
lol
>>
when I was a kid there was a big oak tree in my back yard and some raccoons climbed it and got into my attic
there was a family nesting up there

my grandpa went up with a hammer and then there were no more raccoons
>>
>>1793458
OP here. I didn't leave it in the cage. This story is disturbing, fair warning.

First I tried to do the carbon monoxide thing with a tailpipe. I wrapped the cage in a tarp, canvas not plastic so it could touch the hot metal, and bunched and twisted the opening together, then wrapped that around the exhaust. It was a little loose but I didn't think that would matter. So I turned the car on and left it going for ten minutes.

When I came back the raccoon wasn't dead, it was just hyperventilating and the cage was hot. This wasn't working and was just making it suffer more. I didn't have any more bullets for my varmint rifle, which was why I phrased the OP that way, so I left the raccoon in the cage on some grass while I went to the store for ammo.

An hour later I took the cage to one of my outbuildings, loaded up a 22 short rifle and shot it. I thought it was going to bleed out and left it for 15 minutes, but when I came back it was still breathing. So I shot it again. Then again. I don't know if it was the low caliber or I just had shitty aim but it was still alive, lying there.

I decided to try something I read online, which is that if you make an imaginary line from the right eye to the left ear, and the left eye to the right ear, then shoot the intersection, that'll get any animals brain. I did that, and it worked, but it didn't destroy enough of the brain for it to be instant. All its muscles seized it made a horrible sound. It scared me. But it did stop moving, in an awful unnatural position. All that was left to do was carry the cage near a river to dump the body.

I cried as I came back, and a few more times since then, thinking about how much unnecessary pain I put it through by fuckups. The day after I went and looked at the body and it gave me some comfort to see it lying more naturally, finally at peace. That's how fucked up I was about it. The guilt was horrible.

1/2
>>
>>1793518
2/2

My advice to anyone in the same situation as me is, don't bullshit around with trying to suffocate it. Either shoot it or drive it out somewhere and let it go. if you shoot it, make damn sure you have good aim and a bigger gun than you need. If I have to capture one again, I'm gonna drive it to the nicest wilderness I can find, and leave a fresh fish as a present for it.
>>
>>1793518
Holy shit, anon, that was quite a read, you fucking tortured the coon in worse ways than what the psychos came up wth in here.
>>
>>1793518
>>1793522
I'm glad that you've learned a lesson anon. You fucked up pretty badly and caused unnecessary cruelty to this animal but as long as you treat it as a learning experience then thats okay.
>>
>>1793522
should have just stomped the little fucker
>>
>>1789894

>>1793522
>>1793518
sorry to hear
sadly I'm only now reading this thread
the advices i would have given is to go for sure
no mater how you kill it, it will traumatise you
Do not listen to the car suficating method way to many ways to fuck it up
If you have some knowledge of electricity then that is the way, fast no pain, ez cause it is already in a cage
If not the river or pound sufficating is good too but painfull for the little fucker and will give you nightmares
so the less traumatizing way is just let it go, but it will clear your conscience but will cause problems to others

>Fun project
Space program with cage
Get some helium and go go go!
>>
>>1793518
You wild bill'd that hedgehog
>>
>>1791705
That's quite interesting, any relevant link on that topic?
>>
>>1793611
>no mater how you kill it, it will traumatise you
I've shot multiple raccoons point blank, it felt great avenging my chickens.
>>
>>1793518
Were you using round nose ammo? If so, you fucked up. Aim right between the eyes next time.
>>
File: antifa hamurg 2017.jpg (35 KB, 416x416)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1793518
>>1793522
>I cried as I came back
>do-gooder trying desperately to feel better about himself causes immense harm and pain to those around him, way more than any the "real" shizos would have, and in the end shares his cries seeking social approval like a drug addicts seek their next dose
I was going to say douse it with petrol and burn it alive, but you truly are on another level. It's like they make you all in a factory: all equally stupid, all equally vapid. There has to be a way to tame your kind like cattle and use it for a greater purpose.
>>
>>1793628
well it is matter of mindset some ppl has it, some not

I dont worry about, i have killed some rabbit even with my bare hand
>>
>>1793628
I’m glad you avenged them
>>
>>1793631
>There has to be a way to tame your kind like cattle and use it for a greater purpose.
Too late for tha, the nose is already using them for their purposes.
>>
>>1793518
>but it didn't destroy enough of the brain for it to be instant. All its muscles seized it made a horrible sound. It scared me. But it did stop moving, in an awful unnatural position. All that was left to do was carry the cage near a river to dump the body.
Note that when you separate the brain from the body / destroy the brain animals don't just flop limp. They spaz and flop around. Shot a beaver the other day and hit it just above the base of the neck. It was dead, but still flopping around in the water for 5-10 seconds

Get some ammo and practice, stop missing anon.
>>
>>1793631
Why would I want social approval on an anonymous board
>>
>>1791015
what the fuck this have to do with white people you racist cunt
>>
>>1793648
>It was dead, but still flopping around in the water for 5-10 seconds
How do you know it was dead immediately? Did it tell you?
>>
>>1793518
>>1793522
What a fucking sadistic retard. Kys lowlife scum.
>>
>>1794655
Sadism means you enjoy inflicting pain. I didn't enjoy any of that. Thought that came through in how I explained it
>>
>>1789894
Cover the entire cage in multiple layers of plastic. Insert 500ml of bleach using a syringe. Insert 200-300 ml of a strong acid (sulfuric, hydrochloric, coca cola,...).

You are now gassing the racoon ww1 style
>>
>>1793518
>>1793522

Why didn't you just go to Walmart and buy some ammo you jackass?
>>
>>1795062
That's exactly what I did
>>
On a somewhat related note I had to kill a bat some days ago. It fell somehow, and it had the misfortune of falling into the area where my dog sleeps. By the time I got there (little nephew saw it first and told me) it was half-chewed and close to death. I decided to quickly end its life, but I had the mistake of deciding to smash it with a shovel. I overestimated both the strength of my blow and the integrity of the bat, because with one hit the bat blew into pieces. I couldn’t find all the pieces. One wing was 6ft behind me, while the head was 3 yards away. I scoured the rest of my property and beside a small stain where the body was I couldn’t find anything else. At least I can be sure that I kill it almost instantly
>>
>>1793796
because you are that pathetic
>>
>>1795065
Before torturing it.
>>
>>1789894
GIVE IT THE D
>>
>>1795129
I don't know what to tell you man I already feel bad about it
>>
>>1789904
For the raccoon.
>>
File: 1591145745612.png (34 KB, 500x500)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>1789904
>doesnt have a gun
i have heard that's terrible to experience.
>>
File: Purged.png (1.66 MB, 1240x740)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>1795086 when this corona shit started mine straight up did a back flip catching one out of the air... it was given mercy
>>
File: 087.gif (170 KB, 326x281)
170 KB
170 KB GIF
>>1793518
>22 short
this fucking larp
>>
>>1789894
I don't have experience with raccoons, is it that hard to release them somewhere else?
I mean even if you kill it you will have to get rid of the body anyway, just driving out and releasing them seems like removing an extra step.
>>
>>1793518
Always give it a double tap. I've had the same thing when shooting squirrels. Now you know for next time.
>>
>poor guy trapped in a cage for something he has no idea what he's doing
:(
>>
>>1795452
It's not hard to release them, no
>>
>>1789905
kek imagine if some retards came up and started petting it and sticking their fingers in to touch the raccoon.
>>
>>1793522
>If I have to capture one again, I'm gonna drive it to the nicest wilderness I can find, and leave a fresh fish as a present for it.
You retarded piece of shit, that's what everyone was telling you to do already
>>
raccoons are pests and deserve death, anyone feeling sorry for one in this thread probably is a faggot who feels the same way about hogs and coyotes
>>
>>1796018
It's one thing to kill them and it's another thing to make them suffer
>>
>>1795593
It's so confused!
>>
>>1789894
I wish suffering and pain on you. OP I curse you. I hope you break your arm.
>>
>>1796421
Cope.
>>
>>1789894
>Had to clean up a dead dog today that had been sitting in the hot sun for hours
>Can still smell it my nose so I don't know if I got dead dog juice on me or if it's just in my nose
>>
>>1796429
That's why you don't hang them out in the sun, retard.
>>
>>1796431
It got hit by a plane. Guts everywhere. The entire body “degloved” except for the head. Gruesome.
>>
>>1790076
underrated
>>
>>1789894
From his face you can tell he did NOT expect to be caged and killed...
>>
Op you fucked this royally.

Side note, could you just toss him in an ice chest? Itll suck then he falls asleep. Obviously 22 to the dome is ideal but if you were nogunz, that sounds like a safe option.
>>
File: CROSMAN.jpg (65 KB, 1022x521)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1789894
Get a gun you fucking moron. Anything else will be unnecessarily cruel. If you're too pussy to buy a firearm, buy a .22 air gun.
>>
>>1789894
Zyklon B
>>
>>1789894
I just turn em loose usually but i have killed one with a spear, not the best

for possums i just shoot the soft spot 2-3 times with a pellet gun bc i dont give af about possums but i like racoons
>>
throw a tarp over it and wait 3 days if you are too soft to shoot it.
>>
What's the easiest way to prevent your FPS from going over 60 so you don't have physics problems in Oldrim?
>>
>>1798096
Wrong thread
>>
>>1793471
Lmao
>>
>>1793518
>gets sad over killing a rodent
>can’t do anything right
Yup, it’s a faggot
>>
>>1789894
Not joking I've been trapping for 5 years, don't kill anything without a gun or a kill trap, especially not a raccoon. If you're a psychotic piece of shit, you'll drowned it or attempt to beat it to death with a shovel. I say attempt because you're gonna hit that raccoon once, underestimate the force needed, and it's going to attack you and you'll be in the hospital taking rabies shots in the ass for a couple months. You already fucked up by not having a gun, just let it go or call wildlife management.
>>
File: carlpoke.jpg (46 KB, 600x519)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1798126
>just let it go or call wildlife management.
>>
>>1790281
>territorial coons will run him to death
Good for them. If you shoot it and throw it in the trash you're just wasting a life.
>>
>>1790624
Go back to facebook
>>
>>1790723
Only if your chicken coop sucks
>>
File: hollandia.jpg (110 KB, 682x900)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>1798102
>rodent
All the edgy kids in these threads turn out to be ignorant retards too. Go figure
>>
>>1789894
I would pour a can of gasoline over it and use Elon Musk's flamethrower to be on the safe side.
>>
>>1789894
get a ruger .22 and pop it
>>
>>1790209
>just compost small enough to fit in a container
what if im on a homestead and my compost pile is fuckhueg?

op quit being a pussy and acquire a gun. shoot the coon in the back of the head, and either sell the hide or make your own davey crocket hat with it.
>>
>>1799187
You arent on a homestead which is just a larping term anyway
>>
>>1789894
Contact your Fish and Wildlife Officers, tell them you caught a raccoon. They will normally tell you what to do with it in your area. Its their Job to conserve.
>>
>>1795721
you dumb fuck, he'd open the cage and let it go so as to not loose a livetrap
>>
>>1789894
HOT sex in a fursuit but only if he consents.
>>
>>1790540
Eat your kids
>>
>>1790663
>>/an/ is your board, I'm sure you'll be a crying baby in hunting threads too
>>
>>1791015
I'm not white tho or a jogger
>>
>>1793504
Your gramp was/is based
>>
>>1796018
Based
>>
>>1789894
Look up the address of a celebrity you don't like that is within driving distance.
>>
>>1790663
i wonder what happens with a 50cal
>>
so what with all the soccer moms in this thread?
Did we got raided or someone put an qr in a soccer mom convention?
>>
>>1789894
let it die of dehydration
>>
>>1789894
it's a coon, you let it go. you /out/ people are pathetic if you're killing coons like this. don't leave trash out dumbass
>>
File: 1376855362830.jpg (10 KB, 183x200)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1790208
you sound like a total loser too. get a gun you fucking man baby loser
>>
>>1789894
Pet it, its adorable
>>
Start putting fishing hooks attached to line trough the cage it will eventually become immobile and you can tug and tie them off, it shall know pleasure beyond the imaginable
>>
>>1789894
glass the cunt
>>
File: 1552426491604.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1793518
Anon, I...
>>
OP you're a sadistic fuck and I hope you suffer twice as much as the coon did. There's a special place in hell for awful people such as yourself. Stay the fuck away from animals and put your worthless whore of a wife in the cage instead.
>>
>>1801138
kill yourself coon lover
all coons must die, maybe if you dealt with one in reality instead of cute animal youtube videos you would realize this
>>
get a rubbermaid tub the cage fits in. Cut a hole in the lid. Attach it to your cars exhaust with some tubing and fire up your engine. The CO will knock it out and kill it painlessly. CO is used in vet medicine to euthanize in bulk.
>>
>>1802332
Oh... just saw you... solved the problem.
>>
>>1793518
Anon, was probably instant for the raccoon. After the brain is destroyed, the muscles (especially back legs) tend to spasm, making it look like it's kicking/running. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1INVWP-HnI

Only question I really have is "but why .22 short?" I guess you don't have a rifle that can do long rifle? More than enough power for sure, but just curious.
>>
>>1789894
Make a square metal box and connect it to your car exhaust and gas him he will just fall asleep, did that to a frral cat who killed one of my chickens trapped him in my garage and turned on the mower
>>
>>1790110
Aka double line spacing retards
>>
>>1789894
Just ask /an/
>>
File deleted.
>>1789894
Throw a blanket over the cage to blind them

Bring him to the woods and open the door, make sure to jump back a few feet

Have a gun ready if he attacks you, but he'll probably just dart
>>
>>1789894
Just drop the cage down a stoney cliff or something.
>>
>>1789894
I've always figured ether would be an easy way to go out, just get a can of starting fluid, empty it onto a towel, and place it in a sealed area (Garbage bag?) with the cage.
>>
>>1802766
*and drop a match into it.
Sorry, clicked "submit" before finishing.
>>
Reading an entire thread about schizos debating on how to kill a raccoon sure is something

His fate could not be in less capable hands
>>
>>1802771
Nah, Richard Pryor survived an ether explosion, so that coon probably would too.
>>
>>1789894
You done goof'd OP
>>
>>1789894
Anon stop being such a pussy. Look at the poor thing. Put chicken wire around your garden and stop terrorizing the poor animal.
>>
>>1789894
Go buy a gun and shoot it. A cheap .22 is like $100-200. Worse case buy a pellet gun, but honestly for $40 more you could have got a .22.

Take the rifle or pistol, place it as close to its face as you can to minimize fuck ups, and pull the trigger. Then dump them out, and cross your tees by shooting it in the head again. Only fags let an animal suffer.

Also just an fwi Bi-mart (if you have one) has a small .22lr revolver for like $120 new.
>>
File: 1573082985863.gif (2.72 MB, 360x270)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB GIF
OP posted halfway through the thread and anons still don't realize that the raccoon is already dead.
>>
>>1793518
How the fuck did you fuck up shooting it? Also listen to me here >>1805396 next time, and shoot it in the head a second time, immediately. Don't leave it to suffer for hours like a dumb faggot jesus.

This cat for example twitched for a few seconds, was shot a second time and stopped after no more than 40 seconds. (30 seconds likely being just death throws). The cat didn'teven make a peap. .22lr is cheap as shit stop being stingy with it. SHOOT IT INBETWWEN THE EYES NOT THE NECK. It's not rocket science ffs.

>>1805407
Thanks for the heads up, I missed it.
>>
>>1793518
>.22 short
>on a racoon
Those things literally bounce off of skin at further than a few yards. That is a round for something size of a rat or a small bird, not a racoon.
>>
>>1789894
let him go way out innawoods. Raccoons are a good part of the environment. However if he has rabbis then kill him.
>>
>>1805479
and kill all his hook snouted rabbis too
>>
I would have drowned it if I was in a neighborhood, shot it in the country but I’m not a pussy. Weapon choice? My best up 100 year old single shot 20 gauge. Insta kill and I’ll dump the mess in a sack.
>>
>>1805493
just dump the coon in a sack and dump the sack in a lake
>>
>>1793518
>Guys I want to kill this humanly
>Suffocation torture
>Shoot multiple times
>Letting it suffer
>"Make sure you have a bigger gun than you need"
Put that ".22 short" (its probably a .22 long rifle because .22 short is a much older caliber and hard to find at "most" big box stores that sell ammo) under your chin and blow your brains out. Fucking stupid retards like you need to be exterminated.

Using a bigger caliber will not make it better or faster and will in fact be much more horrific. I tried to kill a chicken-killing possum with a .40 and it blew its head fucking apart and was horrible. A .22 to the top of the head would have killed it, but you are too fucking stupid to realize that a brain shot does not mean it instantly dies. It will seize up and go into death throes, but that's better than the alternative.

TL;DR kys OP
>>
>>1793637
>Namefag
Yeah ok, nice LARP you fucking retard. Do us all a favor and neck yourself.
>>
>>1805613
kys hippie. raccoons deserve death
>>
>>1805616
nah, it was rabbit hunting, when the rabbit is injured you have to go there and smack its back of the head to break the neck, realy ez thing to do but can be bloody cause of pelet holes
>>
>>1805613
No, it's an antique 22 short. I had to buy ammo for it, remember? Wal-Mart sells short rounds
>>
>>1805426
Hehehe, its face is like "you got me, fucker!"
>>
>>1805777
It was pretty displeased with falling for the trap. All it had to do was not piss on everything, and leave our chickens alone. To much to ask I guess...

Also fuck shelters, they cry all day about not shooting the cat, then not a single one will accept it. One even told me to hold it for 30 days looking for its owner, after I told them the owner was dead...
>>
>>1805655
They do, but not at the hands of an incompetent retard.
>>
i've choked them out with my bare hands before lol
>>
>>1805426
lmfao why are you shooting your neighbors cats
>>
>>1805951
Because when their owner died she failed to take them with her, and unlike her I can smell their pee. Plus chickens > cats. They could have lived too if a single human society would have taken them in.
>>
>>1804990
Nah, this sounds more cheap and funny>>1805396
>>
Trapped a gopher today in a DK-1 cinch trap. The thing managed to disembowel itself on the trap and was still alive when I pulled it out. Had to drop a paver on its head :\
>>
>>1806157
That sucks. Shit happens though. If you have a lot of land then they make special propane flamers for gassing the fucks, and those with sulfer crystals work way better than traps.
>>
File: brainlet.jpg (61 KB, 812x1024)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>1793436
>inb4 OP's gonna have a drooling braindead coon just slumbering around his compost eating rocks and shit
>>
>>1789899
This is fucking retarded
>>1789904
Dont. Wet the raccoon with a hose, then attach a car battery to the trap. It'll be quick. About 30 seconds should do it. Keep the hose nearby, it's gonna smell and might catch fire.
>>
>>1789894
Built for BBC
>>
I recently moved and in the last 4 months have killed 34 coons outt of my new place (my fucking neighbor feeds the cocksuckers along with a massive feral cat colony on his back porch) but they are still fucking killing my chickens on a weekly basis and I can't stay up all night hoping that this is the night that they show up to shoot them anymore and the live trap isn't fucking doing it for me I just keep catching the neighbors cats before the coons can get to them. How do I rig up lethal traps? I don't care if I kill the cats, I want them gone too. I was thinking about putting a 220 in front of a bucket full of cat food and sweet feed but I don't know how well that would work. Money is tight, but I can get all the buckets I need from work, so the only real cost is the traps themselves. I do have two questions
>is 220 okay for cats and coons or would I be better off with a 160
>will putting them in front of a bait bucket work or should I be doing something else
I'll try anything at this point, I don't have enough money to build a propper coop at the moment so the birds are just roosting in the barn with the goats. I've lost over $200 worth of birds to these cocksuckers, it's time to clamp down.
>>
>>1806640
lol
>>
>>1806716
Make a gaint version of one of those 5g bucket rat traps out of a 55g drum. Watch it fill up with cats and racoons eating those cats.
>>
>>1806716
Male sure to check you local statues anon. Personally I think your in the right, as I'm >>1805396 but, some counties make it a serious violation to set kill traps for """domestic""" cats. Thankfully mine isn't that chucked, but I'd hate to hear you got clapped by the sherrif and the toxofag.

Other than a shot to the head, I can't really help you on the trap ideas, other than a friendly, "Godspeed, anon and good hunting."
>>
>>1806511
>hurr durr that's retarded
>just kill it with a car battery

What is this, The Green Mile?
fucking psychopath...
>>
>>1793217
Waterboarding is effective because you suspend the 'recipient' right at the cusp of thinking they are going to die, but you never actually let them die.

Your argument is just taking the extreme as an example of the average case.
>>
File: 20200627_105750.jpg (392 KB, 1080x791)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>1807098
I'm good on that front. Killing cats is illegal, but killing cats that are killing birds is legal. Also I'm setting coon traps, cats are just an unfortunate "accident". Hell I'm 150 yards from my neighbor with a layer of pines three trees deep between us, unless he's flying drones overhead there is no way anyone would know. I'm going to the store today to pick up some traps, they have 2 220s and a 160 left in stock so I'm just going to try everything and see what works. Sick of losing birds to this shit, and just maybe I will see some fucking songbirds and small animals come back as an added benefit. I've been reading up on bucket sets and it seems easy and the best option for me. I've been shooting them over bait, but it's just not feasible to sit and wait for them constantly.
>>
>>1789894
>What's the best way to deal with a trapped raccoon if you don't have a gun?
NOT LIKE THAT LOL
>>
>>1790527
Underrated
>>
>>1789894
DONT KILL IT WE SHARE THIS PLANET WITH ANIMALS RESPECT THEM
>>
Drown it. It's terrible but ultimately the most humane/efficient way to deal with a trapped animal. If you can't bring yourself to do that you can try relocating it but assuming it doesn't come right back you're looking at a mortality rate of 70-90% if I recall. You could also try making your yard less appealing to coons because ultimately another will arrive to fill the niche you've created. They used to have a field day in my koi pond until I set up a small electric fence around it.
>>
release into the woods man
>>
Call animal control. They will prob even bring the trap back
>>
>>1807357
Ah that's good! Good huntin, and hopefully you see those birds again, they're worth it. Also have a similar setup, a nice outcropping that I shoot the fuckers in. Being out in the country no one even notices the gunshots.
>>
>>1807357
Also holy fuck a felony?! Jesus, at least here shooting a dog is only a misdemeanor if it's not attacking person or livestock.
>>
File: coon.gif (750 KB, 480x360)
750 KB
750 KB GIF
Pic is the only way of dealing with a racoon.
>>
>>1789894
>live trap raccoon for some reason
>have gun
>instead of just getting ammo try some convoluted bullshit way to kill it
>torture it for hours
>at any point could have bought more ammo
>finally shoot it
>fuck up
>shoot it again
>mistake death spasms as it still being alive
>cry about it
>virtue signal on 4chan about how sad it made you
Wew this thread has really opened my eyes to just how many LARPing faggots we have here.
>>
>>1790793
Some tell that muskrat meat is exquisite.
Its plant eater after all
>>
>>1790092
imagine caring about what social media someone uses
positively depressing
>>
>>1790222
found the edgy 13 year old
>>
>>1790685
what are you a 13 year old girl? Animals die. Ironically OP killing it is its best chance at a peaceful death. Heres how animals in the wild die
>get old and weak, eaten by predators
>starve and get weak, eaten by predators
>just straight up get eaten by predators

thats pretty much it. And btw it will most likely be killed by a coyote, which eats anything alive.
>>
holy shit at all the psychopaths in this thread, I'm actually appalled, especially when I watch that wholesome grandpa on YouTube who feeds raccoons on his porch every day in remembrance of his wife who passed away a decade ago. Fucking hell you guys suck sometimes. Drown it? Really?
>>
>>1808736
Don't forget
>get hit by car
>limg around for a week in excruciating pain
>either be eaten by predator, or die of an infection.
>>1808749
Other than the psydotorture others suggested there's nothing psychotic about killing pests, especially ones like coons and cats which kill livestock and carry disease.
>>
>>1793631
Don't cut yourself on all that edge there. You'll probably think different once you're old enough to drive.
>>
Make it into a hat when you're done
>>
>>1808730
go back.
>>
>>1808736
>OP killing it is its best chance at a peaceful death
You should check what he did in the end...
>>
File: 1406928524602.jpg (38 KB, 400x350)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
This whole thread is a clusterfuck of karens, hipsters and faggots. what the fuck?
People trap raccoons around here for food and/or pelts. Usually food. Either call up the oldest black man you know to deal with it or kill and clean it yourself. If you're not into eating coon and taters you can sell it. $7 a half, front or rear, or $11 for a whole. Coon is good eating, tastes just like pork roast.
>>
>>1810271
Is it tasty?
>>
>>1789894
just do what me and my cousins used to with racoons when we didnt have a gun, use a wood stapler and pin it to a boogie board and push it out into the lake. at least he gets to sail the seas one last time before the eternal suffering of varmint purgatory
>>
>>1789894
Axe
>>
>>1789894
Buy a gun
>>
>>1789905
this
>>
>>1789894
let it go you fucker. poor guy is just trying to live.
>>
>>1810271
>eating a raccoon.

this by far the stupidest shit I've ever heard. This is no better than bush meat the congo. I don't care if you do cook it, just handling the meat can give you lethal brain eating parasite, not to mention all the other viruses and bacteria from it.
>>
File: 1583012074975.gif (1.93 MB, 500x356)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>1789894
what kind of sick fuck traps a highly intelligent mammal just to drown it alive?

Do the world a favor and kys.
>>
>>1810551
>t. Faggot
>>
>>1810552
t. seething retard

kys
>>
>>1810552
I wish you walk into a gas station and then the doors close and lock you in, then some huge fucker walks in from the back then caves your skull in with an oak 2x4
>>
Nerve gas
>>
>>1805803
Honestly, you're doing gods work man. Cats are in both Europe and the US/Canada and ex-bong colonies an invasive species with detrimental effects to the native wildlife. All the time people talk about killing cats faggots go
>OH NO NOT THE CUTSEY KITTY REEEEEE
but in reality they are too dumb to understand what Mr. Kitty does to everything around it. I like cats myself, in fact a fat one is currently sleeping in a 3m radius of me, but they must be under strict control, meaning sprayed/castrated and breading only when it is 100% sure that they cannot escape, like ever. A few cats are not bad, e.g. on a farm, but fuck crazy catladies and childless women over 30 in general letting their little compensatory child run free and spawn more cats. Same holds for dogs of course, which also have to be put down if they escape and become feral. It's much rarer, at least in my country, though.
>>
>>1789894
just stop being a pussy and find a way
>>
Either shoot it or let it go.
Your just being cruel by drowning or electrifying it and you also risk harming yourself.
>>
>>1810566
Yep. Some people I think also just don't care about the damage they cause. Thankfully as far as dogs go, we do have dog control who will come out and take the dog, provided you didn't have to shoot it to protect livestock.
I also like cats in general, but not when they're peeing on shit, or causing problems. Why I just enjoy other peoples cats when I can.
>>
>>1789904
>Heard that's terrible to experience
I stayed underwater until unconscious once. It wasn’t great.
>>
>>1789894
Can you eat them?
>>
>>1791017
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
ITT: Virtue signalling suburban faggots who cry when they have to swat a fly
>>
>>1805426
That's a nice cat, I have to say. Did you play with it a bit or gave it a treat before shooting it?
>>
>>1811302
I baited it with a pack of cat treats if that counts. It got a burial instead of being left out for the voltures too.
>>
>>1810898
This board is pretty split on kill/no kill. frankly i think a lot of the kill people on here are edge lords looking for internet cred. other than wasps, I don't kill anything i'm not going to eat. i just catch, drive it a few miles away and leave the rest up to management. sometimes if its useful (like spiders or skunks) ill move it to a place i want it to hunt or just leave it alone until it moves on by its own accord.
>>
>>1811313
Well, what's done is done, I wold have played with it for a while before putting it off, but at least he got some treats!
>>
File: 1445995525540.jpg (144 KB, 578x1383)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>1789894
Decapitation with a sword under an heavy metal tune at midnight of a night with full moon.
>>
>>1791015
What's a jogger doing on /out/? Get back to your section 8, Leroy.
>>
>>1810527
OK Karen.
>>
>>1795086
lmao
>>
>>1796488
now why the fuck was the dog high enough to get hit by a plane? what kind of fuck-fuck games are you playing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.