[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>To the best of our knowledge, the 2024 Toyota Tacoma will ride on the automaker’s TNGA-F platform that also underpins the Tundra and the new Sequoia. The old 3.5-liter 2GR-FKS V6 is on its way out too, replaced by a 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder mill. Most likely, it will be the T24A-series engine found in the updated Highlander. If
>Toyota maintains the same power levels, we’re looking at 265 horsepower and 309 lb-ft of torque.

>Another route, though it’s a big question mark at this point, is a hybridized version (think “iForce Max” in the new Tundra) of that same 2.4-liter engine. It is currently available in the Lexus RX 500h as well as the new Toyota Crown Hybrid, where the electrification boosts the combined output to at least 340 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque.
>>
>>26294225
>>
File: into the trash it goes.gif (2.09 MB, 580x433)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB GIF
>>26294225
>The old 3.5-liter 2GR-FKS V6 is on its way out too, replaced by a 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder mill
>>
>>26294225
I will actually buy one of these with the hybrid. honestly the only thing currently stopping me from getting a truck. I wouldn't get a maverick though, I just dont trust Ford shit.
>>
>4 cyl
how about no. seriously just make a hybrid of the v6 and you'll get more mileage and power
>>
I'm happy I sold my classic turbo 4 shitbox for a v8
>>
>Wooow, the 24 Taco looks exactly like the 22 Taco except for a few details.
>Ford 'n Chevy can go home now
You know what would be a game changer? If Toyota just put Tacoma badges on their current Hilux lineup and called it a day
>inb4 Tacomas and Hiluxes are basically the same vehicles
They ain't. Never have been, never will be (well, probably).
>>
>>26294393
>>4 cyl
>how about no.
I don't know. 4 cylinder diesels beyond 3 liters are kinda cool actually.
>>
>>26294391
THIS. 400lb/ft of torque with mid 30s mpg highway unladen will be a game changer
>>
>>26294262
People have always complained about the Taco v6 saying it's ancient and underpowered and a gas guzzler. Now it's gone and people bitch and moan.
There's a reason Lexus puts the 2.4T in the RX and NX and now it's in Toyota's most important consumer product, the Highlander. It's a good motor you don't have to rev the tits off of. 310 lb/ft is what you get from the Ranger 2.3Ecoboost but there isn't the worry of having a Ford built powerplant
>>
>>26294552
It’s going to get terrible mileage if under any reasonable load. You haven’t driven a turbo 4 have you. They burn as much as V8s
>>
>>26294572
It's a midsize Tacoma not an F350 you fucking retard, nobody actually hauls or tows shit in these more than once or twice a week and if you do you're either a cretin or an impoverished mexican. You will ALWAYS use more fuel when you tow or haul. This is the exact same thread we had about the maverick with retards like you complaining that you couldn't carry a pallet of plywood in the back while hauling a boat and your obese wife and children and dog. If you want a NA truck to haul stuff with 24/7 get something else.
>>
>>26294588
>buys a truck
>it isn't good at towing
Just get a highlander or some other cuckbox lmao
>>
File: 1674433037142634.png (42 KB, 640x941)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>"truck"
>not diesel
Mutt Lifestyle LARPmobile

commence coping
>>
>>26294588
>it’s le midsize!!!
>still weighs 4500 lbs
yeah gonna be like 12-15mpg uphill lol
>>
>tfw not living in the timeline with the NGA-FT platform
>>
>>26294225
See how they try to emulate perfection
>>
>>26294611
not a truck, just a car with a frame, big ass trunk, and 4wd
>>
>>26294226
>still no full roll down rear window like it’s big brother, Tundra
Oh come on…
>>
>>26294614
>no diesel = not a truck!!!
>*buys f250 longbed single cab w/ powerstroke diesel* (cheapest option in the market)
>hahahahaha larpmobile!!!!!
make up your mind busrider.
>>
>>26294225
>teardrop tattoo styled plastic under headlights
Is this to cater to the beaners?
>>
Chevy is doing the same thing to the Colorado.
>>
>>26294786
>domestic clone of gutless engine, or modernized self destructing iteration of gutless engine

hard pass
>>
>>26294572
This, there’s zero fuel penalty to just having a V8 when it comes to a turbo 4 in a heavy vehicle.

The only reason they don’t still offer the V8 in the Colorado is because it would eat Silverado sales.
>>
>>26296596
Maybe they should build a truck that doesn’t have to be arbitrarily strangulated just to stop it stepping on the toes of a stablemate
>>
>>26294225
I was literally wondering today when they were gonna release a hybrid version

Hyped
>>
No v8
No purchase
Simple as
>>
>>26296651
Basically this, I’m willing to consider any vehicle so long as it has a basic North American centric drivetrain. I’m not settling for a lower class 6 cylinder or some agricultural grade 4 cylinder.
>>
>>26294225
2 more weeks!
>>
>>26294786
>perfection
>looks like shit
Not quite.
>>
>>26296596
No you fucking moron it's because of cafe regulations and other epa shit, they'd throw a V8 option into every model if they could avoid the fines and stuff
>>
>>26296651
Yeah. I really want a V10 honestly. I may just say fuck wanting a brand new truck, I'll just get a Ram with a Magnum V10 or a Ford Super Duty with a Triton V10.
>>
>>26294588
You don't know how small turbo engines work. The current Ranger uses more fuel than a F-150, Even the 7.3 F250 gets similar fuel economy.
>>
>>26297159
Why lol you know those engines are just for towing right? You're not getting a dodge viper truck from a fucking Triton or magnum, those are just the shitty 5.4 and 5.9 with 2 cylinders slapped on
>>
>>26296547
Just slap a 302 in it then
>>
>>26297163
What are you smoking it gets 12 mpg literally half of the ranger. The ranger isn't great either but it's 300 horses out of a turbo 4 so mid 20s is pretty good in my opinion.
>>
The turbo has got to have long term reliability issues, right bros?
>>
Still a no go for anyone over 6'?
>>
>>26297197
People are reporting 15ish city in their 7.3 F250's. That's pretty much the same as the Ranger and the turbo F150's. Our company uses 2.0 turbo vans as service vehicles and they get about 15mpg on premium which is the same as a V8 GM Express. All these modern turbo engines are designed to have diesel-like powerbands which means the turbo is spooled and thus chugging fuel at pretty much anything above idle. I don't know why you would want anything near a high hp/l ratio in a truck engine. There's a reason why commercial trucks use low strung engines.
>>
>>26297149
CAFE is based on MPG not cylinder count. The Silverado has no issue doing mid 20s with the 5.3l.
>>
>>26294225
>>26294226
Looks too fussy.
>>26294556
With a stick it does fine. Just drive it like a truck and not a race car. About the only improvement a 4pot turbo could help with is altitude performance. Although I suspect you'll have to brake a lot more since two less cylinders to help with engine braking.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.