[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (24).jpg (9 KB, 310x163)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I got caught speeding 40km over the limit. It's going to be a $750 monetary fine and 3 months disqualification. Do these people understand that I'm going to lose my job if I lose my liscence???? And why js it always money they want and not community service? Surely the embarrasment of picking up rubbish on the side of the road for say 20 to 30 hours would be an experience that teaches people not to speed instead of this system of the more money you have the more you are able to break the law. I'm going to have to drive disqualified anyway to keep my job. Just hope their radar alcan't pick up disqualified drivers through the plate scanner that will alert the officers. Probably should get a car registered in someone elses name.
>>
lmao what cuckhole do you live in?
>>
>>26293901
Cuckstralia (dad kissing country)
>>
>>26293906
I guess it's worth it for the $200k Hilux's r-right?
>>
I got a $220 ticket for doing 113 mph in a 60 once and got it reduced to $50 and a non-moving misdemeanor just for showing up to court.

Sucks to suck.
>>
File: 469.jpg (27 KB, 489x499)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>26293897
That's what you get for living in a shithole country, kek.
>>
>>26293897
You better change or alter your plates, because the plate readers will absolutely pick you up as disqualified.
>>
>>26293908
He said if i was doing 145 (I got caught doing 143) he can take my car. If I had a 100k on loan and he attempted to take my car I would of wrestled him for gun then and there. Absolute faggot cunts
>>
>>26293901
Shit, dawg, he's on planet Earth in 2023.
At least he's not in Virginia, where driving 20 over or anything over 85 (mph) is reckless driving - up to a year in jail, $2,500, and 6-month license suspension for that (second offence is a yearly $3,000 fine for 3 years lol). And shit, in Virginia there's also a law where an officer can charge you with reckless driving no matter what you're doing:
>A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who exceeds a reasonable speed under the circumstances and traffic conditions existing at the time, regardless of any posted speed limit.
https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacodefull/title46.2/chapter8/article7/#:~:text=%C2%A7%2046.2-862
We just all live in a mild police state (exc china, a real police state) where most people just have no incentive to care or change anything and the people that do care are in jail or debt.
>>
>>26293927
Shit, that's even harsher than the penalties would be in my Canadian province...
>>
>>26293927
That's pretty fucked up for America. My province in Cuckanada is pretty good when it comes to speeding. I've been caught at 90+mph and was let off with warnings. You can blow by them at 80 and they won't go after you. On a good weekend the left lane can be moving at almost 100mph. Shit even a lot of livestock haulers and oilfield trucks are doing over 80mph in a 60.
>>
>>26293897
What were you doing going so fast retard? Take a deep breath and slow down.
>>
File: virginia.jpg (40 KB, 480x360)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>26293940
I passed a cop at over 100mph in a 65 a few weeks back on my commute, he just flashed his lights at me lol. In my state ('bama) no one gives a fuck about anything at all and there aren't even emissions requirements.
But drive a couple hours and you get to Virginia where they'll fuck you up for any modification or speeding. I mean, just starting last summer you can get pulled over and have your car impounded for having any exhaust mods:
>such exhaust system shall be of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment
We just don't drive to Virginia.
>>
>>26293897
>Do these people understand that I'm going to lose my job if I lose my liscence????
Seems like it's you that didn't understand that would be the consequence of your actions. No-one else problem now.
>>
>>26293897
Get shit on fucking retard
>>
>>26293967
>Absolute bootlicker take.
On some level that seems right, and that's the idea behind the law... But ultimately people can die if their ability to make money disappears (when the gov't fees put them in debt and there's no public transport), and let's be honest speeding really isn't that dangerous.
>>
>>26293975
>But ultimately people can die if their ability to make money disappears
Not my problem. If you're dumb enough to get caught speeding you're most likely a shit, unobservant driver and shouldn't be speeding in the first place.
>>
>>26293981
I guess it's not my problem if you randomly get murdered in your sleep either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>26293956
Driving to your mums house
>>
>>26293897
>I got caught speeding 40km over the limit. It's going to be a $750 monetary fine and 3 months disqualification
Only had to read that far to know that you're in Australia.

You have a couple of options.
>Go to court and plead that your license is necessary for employment
Honestly your chances of success with this are pretty high if you work in the trades or something where you're required to move a vehicle around between work sites and such. Effectively nil chance if you're a typical wagie with a single workplace, even lower if they determine that a public transport route exists to get you to and from work. Remember they make the rules to be punitive, not a mere inconvenience. You'll have zero chance of getting the fine waived so put aside the $750 now.

If they let you keep your license they'll put you on a good behaviour bond for 12 months. A minor fuck up (small speeding fine, stop in no stopping zone, failure to indicate, etc) means an automatic loss of license for an entire year (I think?). To be completely honest good behaviour bonds aren't really worth it with the risk of incurring a minor penalty, especially with how actively the police enforce road rules to generate cash flow for the state.

>Accept the 3 month license suspension and get your license back at the end of it, unconditionally
Better option IMO. They don't hang a 12 month suspension over your head, and when you get your license back it's all over and done with.

Personally I'd advise that you don't try and dodge a license suspension by driving someone else's car or just winging it. I mean, depending on where you live you could potentially get away with it. But if you live out west in Sydney or elsewhere with a lot of prowling road pirates you're really running the gauntlet. Getting caught means a two year license loss, thousands of dollars of fines, caught again after that, car crushed, possible jail time, etc...
>>
There are people out there who claim Australia has one of the best vehicle scenes on the planet. They also think they're not just hot-europe lol.
>>
>>26294019
So if I have a job in a remote area with no public transport and I also am a contractor and I need my vehicle to do jobs I have a chance of not losing my license? I would rather do the 12 month behavior bond ansld be good for a year than lose it for 3 months and lose the best job ive ever had because I was giving my car a bit of a flogging.
>>
>>26294019
Should I get a lawyer or represent myself? How do I prove I have a job in a remote area etc?
>>
>>26293897
Speeders who whine whe they got caught are the most pathetic cucks. Either don't speed or speed with pride and own it
>>
>>26294058
Who is whining cunt? Your mum when I put my dick in her ass?
>>
>>26293975
the absolute irony
people can die when retards hit them going 40 over too

you need to be 18 to post here
>>
>>26294104
Since when did the government not want people to die?
>>
>>26293897
>Knows that without a license he'll lose his job
>Knows that speeding offenses can result in loss of license
>Decides to speed anyway and doesn't even pay enough attention to spot cop car
Lmao, some people just fail at life. I'm guessing you're not white, OP?
>>
>>26294115
>only work experience includes hungry jacks and doing a week of cashies as a brickie's laborer before being let go because you're literally too retarded to carry bricks
>so retarded that you intentionally break the limit even though your literal livelihood depends on you having a license

>has a moodie on the internet about spending $750 (literally not even a week's wages for the majority of Australians) for the pleasure of breaking the law

>>26294124
He's a Tasmanian, so he's not white at all. That being said, not having a license in Tasmania is literally a death sentence
>>
File: images (28).jpg (39 KB, 542x542)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>26294124
Im whiter than you and love freedom.
>not white
You are the subservient chink doing what you are told
>>
>>26294139
Im not in Tasmania im a Victorian. What makes you think I'm in Tasmania, Officer?
>>
>>26294141
only part of Australia that does 3 months and $750 for 40 over afaik
>>
>>26294139
Why would you come up with some retarded story about my work history and pretending to know what state im in? Are you some kind of glow nigger trying to intimidate me?
>>
>>26294143
Are other states more or less lenient, Officer?
>>
>>26294147
less with the exception of ACT
>>26294144
you are too young to post here
>>
>>26294140
You're about to either lose your job, go to jail for driving without a license, or grovel in court then follow every rule to the letter for the next year. How is that not subservient?
>>
>>26294154
Who says if I get caught driving without a license im going to wrestle the cop for their gun and blow their heads off then run into the wilderness?
>>
>>26294154
How is driving without a license subservient behavior? Explain that genius
>>
>>26294159
I sincerely hope you do but it's more likely you'll break down in tears.
>>
>>26294160
It's not for about five minutes until you get caught and jailed. You know what demographic it usually us that fucks their own lives up because they think they're not being "subservient"?
>>
>>26293897
Cuckstralia is the fucking worst the average speed limit at all times is 60 km/h with 4 gorillion hwp zogbots and mobile cameras everywhere
>>
File: 1666410117608396.png (1.15 MB, 1920x1080)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>26293897
Watching Live PD/On Patrol and it seems like no Americans #1 drive sober, #2 have a license or insurance. It makes me regret doing things right all this time and how much money I could've saved if I didn't follow the rules like everyone else. They don't even take people to jail for driving on a suspended license or even driving with no license at all.
>>
>>26293957
Depends on the area, and if you have out of state plates or not.

>t. straight pipes
>>
>>26294256
Whatever helps society crumble the fastest is fine by me
>>
>>26293897
oh no, it's the consequences of your actions! hopefully you'll lose your job and that will start the rather quick slide to offing yourself.
>>
Lol im more fucked than you op got done for 129 in a 60k then evade and dangerous driving lul probably going to jail tomorrow for 50 days over it even though i got a good criminal lawyer this country is a joke fuck Queensland and Brisbane up their ass 7k fine and 3k for the lawyer so far
>>
>>26294037
>There are people out there who claim Australia has one of the best vehicle scenes on the planet. They also think they're not just hot-europe lol.
We did its been ruined in the last 3-20 years from anti hoon bullshit especially in seq scenes dead
>>
>>26294450
Oh no jail in a white country sounds scary
>>
>>26294487

>he doesn't know about chopper reid
>>
>>26294450
Retarded decisions have consequences, anon
>>
Ill continue speeding i dont give a fuck
>>
File: cR5NFH1__400x400.jpg (26 KB, 400x400)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>this thread
>>
My wife got caught doing 77 in a 35 a few weeks ago. After getting pulled over the cop asked her if she was in distress and pointed at the (empty) child seat in the back. She said that no, she was fine but got caught up listening to Taylor Swift. She was let go with a warning.
>>
>>26294526
She probably sucked his cock, anon
>>
>>26294540
Fine by me...that's a moving violation otherwise. Practice makes perfect anyway.
>>
>it's always someone else's fault
pack of karens with mullets in here
>>
>>26293897
>>26293916
"Radar" (ALPR) in Aus does indeed show officers information about the registered owner as well as their close contacts like family.
>>26293919
>>26293927
45km/h over is classified as "excessive speed and is an immediate disqualification and car impound or crush. Carries hefty fines and the potential for jail time.
>>26293940
Speed cameras will do you for 4 over here, camera tolerance is 2km/h so they always allege your speed as 2km/h under what they read. So 66 in a 60 is 3 points and several hundred in fines, basically non negotiable.
>>26293967
>>26294019
That argument only works if you use your car as part of your job, not as transport to and from. They'll laugh you out of court here.
Good writeup and advice though.
>>26294141
Of course you're Victorian lmfao
>>
>>26293897
slow your roll
>>
>>26294449
>>26294124
>>26294058
>>26293969
>>26293956
>>26293967

I hope these anons get cancer. These are the same faggots that, when vaccine passports are mandatory, will be saying

>Dude you KNEW you needed a passport but you chose to leave your house without one anyway. Get fucked retard lol.
>Haha you forgot your vax passport at home and now your facing the consequences of your actions sucks 2 suck
>>
>>26294992
And to clarify, I think all of Australia's speed laws are draconian and any anons defending them deserve to die of AIDS-induced cancer
>>
>>26293897
> Do these people understand that I'm going to lose my job if I lose my liscence???
Then don't speed retard.
>>
People actually don't drive when they have a suspended license? Just don't drive like a retard and you'll be fine. The amount of uninsured and unlicensed people that drive would blow your mind.
>>
>>26293897
I got a 700eur ticket for drunk driving and for some reason had a cop show up to my door THREE FUCKING MONTHS LATER to inform me that the cop forgot to suspend my license and that i would need to give it in for an additional three months ffffs i hate cops man
>>
>>26293897
>be me
>driving from sports basement
>on two way road, not another soul on or near the road
>25 mph zone
>idle up to 35 nonchalantly
>oop.mp3
>back off to 25 on approach to stop sign
>park police teleports behind me
>pulls me over almost half a mile away
>pull out the reg
>scurred by my shuffling(not gonna put my hands on the dash and wait like some cuck)
>approach pass. window
>hand over my shit
>get a warning
Waste of ten minutes
>>
>>26293897
that's why I always drive 39km/h over the limit
>>
>>26293916
Good grief what a SHITHOLE of a fucking hellhole.
>>
>>26295110
yeah, they tried speed cameras in my neighbourhood in Ontario but they would just mysteriously topple over at night
or the glass would mysteriously be spray painted over
the karens gave up after a few weeks
>>
>>26293919
>not having your own gun
>>
>>26293897
were you in a corolla/yaris by any chance? saw one flying down the highway just sitting in the passing lane even though there was hardly any traffic. not even a minute later i see the highway patrol chasing him. double demerits too since it happened at 1 am today, rip
>>26295000
checked
if it were up to me
>most current speed limits bumped up by 10-20 km
>unmarked police can no longer legally pull people over for speeding up to 10 above the limit. they will now instead focus on passing lane camping, drivers who approach a turn in their hatchback or crossover as if they're driving an 18 wheeler, bad/erratic driving etc.
>speed limits on highways bumped up to 130 at a minimum. keep left if you're too scared to go any faster
>return of derestricted speed signs; desolate stretches of highway are now 'drive to conditions' and unless you have a dashcam, if you crash good luck with insurance
>removal of fixed speed cameras in bullshit spots such as at the bottom of a hill etc.
>signs for any form of speed camera are now required before and after the camera in all states
>>
File: yodawg.jpg (52 KB, 471x740)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>26295116
im honestly surprised they don't just do pic related
>we heard you hate vigilantes, so we put a camera on your camera so you can fine people while you fine people
>>
>>26294139
>cashies
>brickie's
>moodie

Why do you speak like retarded children?
>>
>>26294820
>Speed cameras will do you for 4 over here, camera tolerance is 2km/h so they always allege your speed as 2km/h under what they read

How the fuck can they do that? Spedo's aren't even that accurate, especially at highway speeds.
>>
>>26294547
>i'd rather be cucked than lose some cash
>>
>>26297088
might be mobile speed cameras. those apparently do you in (at least in nsw) for just 3 over the limit. meanwhile the fixed speed cameras you can do 5 over. don't take my word for it but i think the threshold is 9 above the limit. once you hit 10 you get a fine
it's pretty funny when everyone drops to 10 under thinking they're going to get a ticket for doing 70 in a 70 zone. meanwhile i just fly in the left lane slightly above the limit past all the plebs, even the ones that were flooring it and weaving in and out like maniacs.
>>
Canadian here. I was fined 95$ for stunt driving (105 km/h in a 60). The trick is to own up to your mistake and not act like stupid brown person.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.