[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone else here use their shitbox to drive for Uber Eats/Doordash/etc.?

What's it like?

I'm a student and I just realized that there's no inspection requirement for Uber Eats so I'm gonna start delivering in my hooptie tomorrow.
>>
It's awesome. It's like being a pizza boy but you make no money.
>>
>>26290610
Sometimes you get robbed. Heard one guy delivered to nibbers who robbed him at gunpoint, and after he gave them his money, phone and clothes his car had also been stolen.
>>
>>26290645
based. maybe the insurance money will help me buy something better than the piece of shit I currently have to drive back and forth to school
>>
>>26290651
Just quit school and get a real job. 1 month pay affords a decent car.
>>
>>26290661
I'm being sarcastic. I don't really give a shit. I live in Seattle so the chance of getting jumped by nogs is insanely low.
>>
>>26290665
I live on the Eastside. Im Not joking about buying a decent car with 1 month pay as a highschool dropout. School just brainwashes you and puts you in debt. You could drive trucks, vans or forklifts that someone else owns. And yes there are a lot of violent criminals in Seattle.
>>
>>26290673
Genuinely based but I'm 29 and worked as a mechanic/aerospace tech up until a couple years ago before I went back to school. I'm in school because I want to learn, not because I think it will help me make more money. It's a choice.
>>
>>26290673
>Im Not joking about buying a decent car with 1 month pay as a highschool dropout.
Don't listen to this retard, your options are severely limited without at the very least a bachelor's degree in employment. Even if you make $20hr and it was a 5 week month that $4k is not really getting you a "decent" car in this market, not to mention you will have deductions and work expenses.

I do uber/eats on the side and it can vary a lot. 13 hours on halloween afternoon/night was just over $500 but yesterday I barely pulled $240 driving about 300 miles. Passengers are typically easier and offer better pay for me as no having to get in and out disconnecting my phone every time from my radio.
>>
>>26290687
What are you trying to learn? Why go to school full time instead of just learning shit on the weekends or putting audiobooks on at work/commuting? All kinds of free/cheap/quick ways to learn stuff
>>
>>26290710
Dual degree in Astronomy and Physics focusing on computational radio astronomy. I thought I was a retard for a long time (barely graduated hs) but it turns out I just have autism or whatever, kek. I found my "special interest" and now I have scholarships and shit. I used up most of my savings over the past couple years and now I just want to make enough money to pay my wife my half of the rent.
>>
File: 1602624273246.jpg (459 KB, 1204x904)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>26290610
>mfw drifting the miata in the rain with your cold fries tipped over in the bag.
>>
>>26290645
>not knowing the whitest area in your localtion to work
>best per hour rate
>constant orders
>no niggers
>know where nigger live and refuse to take those orders
>simply having a dollar per mile standard filters niggers cuz they never tip.
>>
>>26290661
OK grandpa
>>
>>26290850
This is true, accidentally accepted a no tip order yesterday 4.2 miles and 20 minutes for $2.94. Only reason I did it was to not hurt my cancellation rate. It does even out though because sometimes you get the good tips like a fat mexican guy tipped me $20 for 22 minutes and 2.5 mile delivery
>>
>>26290651
>based. maybe the insurance money
Personal Car Insurance policies don't cover use of the car for Lyft, Uber, or Uber Eats. It will be hard to cover up the details since the police report will describe why your car was at the crime scene.
>>
>>26290907
>officer I swear I delivered the food, turned off my uber account, and started to drive home for the night when they came back out and jumped me

voila
>>
>>26290610
>Anyone else here use their shitbox to drive for Uber Eats/Doordash/etc.?

There's the occasional story about DoorDash drivers using the opportunity to lift packages at apartments. After delivering the food, they have to walk past all the yummy packages. Amazon packages give away the content because major lithium devices will have an external lithium warning sticker on the outside of the box.
>>
>>26290899

Tipping study at the Cornell University School of Hospitality ... agrees with your sentiment.
>>
>>26290645
>Sometimes you get robbed.
>>
Deliver in white areas. Don’t accept the piddly $4 shit orders. Anything without a tip or less than a dollar per mile is a nigger. I make $20 an hour most nights when I dash. Also get a mileage tracking app like everlance and write your miles off.
>>
>>26290920
>he relaxed
>>
>>26290918
>2006
Imagine submitting a peer reviewed article that said "blacks" in it now.
>>
>>26290920
>delivering pizza to a place named "Richmond Terrace Houses"
shocking he got assaulted while delivering pizza to a project house
>>
>>26290610
I used to do UberEats part time a couple years ago, as supplemental income, but had to quit it because my car became too old for them in 2020, since they don’t allow cars 20 years or older to deliver.
I wouldn’t recommend doing it for primary income and there will be times when you won’t get any orders for at least an hour.
Overall, I believe UberEats is the best service to deliver for, since you don’t need a set a schedule up to start delivering and you won’t face any technical difficulties like DoorDash has.
>>
>>26291574
some politician got some shit for dressing up as a nazi at a private party 20 fucking years ago, but you know the same people that gave that guy shit will turn around and say that this study from 2006 is invalid
>>
>>26291894
Not OP but I’ve been considering doing one of these as a way to put more into my TFSA/RRSP plus vacation money
Would you recommend door dash or skip the dishes? Uber eats isn’t available in my province.
>>
>mfw im black in a "white neighboorhood" but doordsash nearly everyday and tip a minimum of 20% or $8 per order, whichever is greater
Doordash calls me "one of their most valued customers" every single time Ive had to call them. Never have a problem getting a refund if something is missing.

I did recently run into an issue where doordash would stack/pile other customers onto my driver, and I would always get my order 2nd and cold instead of 1st, even if i lived closer. I called doordash to request they stop, and it hasnt happened since. I love doordash.
>>
>>26292567
Have not done doordash at all but with uber eats you sometimes get the request for 2 deliveries instead of 1. The app usually has us delivering the closest customer 1st, even though they usually suck ass and piggyback off of a good tipper's order not really adding much to the total. Also there is no way for drivers to see who paid more until after the delivery has already finished so they can't just choose the better tipper to deliver to 1st.

>>26291561
This. Unless you are going to use the promotions tied to acceptance rate then it does not mean shit. You can ignore as many requests as you want but cancellation rate does matter.
>>
>>26292538
>Would you recommend door dash or skip the dishes?
Sure, if the app doesn’t keep pausing you every 3 minutes. Been trying to do it lately but I haven’t received a single order. I was able to get orders when I first tried it out in 2019 but something happened between then and now.

If you do start it, you’ll need to set up a schedule on the app so you can start Dashing and you’ll be required to use their Red Card to “purchase” some orders. I didn’t really understand why they do that when I started back then. I still don’t understand it. UberEats drivers only need to tell the restaurant they’re picking up an order for someone and they’ll hand the food to the driver.
>>
i'm not poor
>>
>>26291561
Does that $20 include gas and wear / mileage on your car?
>>
>>26290610
If you find a chinese place that still uses their own drivers do that instead of those apps

Also do it in a rich area

I made 6 grand a month delivering chinese food
>>
>>26294787
How? Did they just pay more or something? That’s pretty heavy money for any kind of delivery
>>
>>26290610
you make nothing, barely pays for gas

almost everyone you deliver to will be some nigger that no one else will deliver to. 50% of my deliveries were pizza, into the ghettos where the pizza boys were shot at/robbed

the other half were onto post which was extremely time consuming as the barracks are 10mi on the other side of the gates, with no one else for the MPs to harass after curfew, so you're driving 25mph tops.

these apps also dont tell you where you're delivering to if you were to try avoiding wasting your time or getting shot.

being a real pizza boy was absolutely amazing, store had a limited delivery distance, you got familiar with routine customers, got tipped, and it was in the bush so after the normies went home it was onroad rallycross until 2am.
>>
>>26294802
what kind of fucking shithole do you live in lmao
>>
>>26294814
any military town

if they arent soldiers they're niggers
>>
File: 1671063306002873.jpg (53 KB, 828x737)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>26290610
Shit was cash
Used to blitz around with my buddy in his Durango, draining a case of Moosehead and doordashing all night long. Fun times.
>>
>>26294179
You write your mileage off retard
>>
>>
>>26290610
i want to do it too but where i leave its not profitable in a car so want to do it on a 125cc
>>
>>26290610
I've done Doordash and Instacart before. I would recommend signing up for UberEats first. Either way, it's a good way to make a little side money. If you want to do it full time, you need to be multi-apping.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.