[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Welcome to the Auto Vidya General, the thread for discussion of racing and driving games.

Previous thread >>26256999

>Wiki
https://get-good.net

>Mumble
IP: mumble.get-good.net
Port: 64738
Password: 4ch

>Chat
https://chat.get-good.net

>Equipment Guide
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo

>Currently we're playing RBR and Need for Sneed. Check the doc for more info:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vlVjNh8r6o_KYUFHf7Hcp8ZaYS5lsEZwFvTeu_K_c1Q
>>
first
>>
For me it's Haley Kiryluk
>>
File: images (2).jpg (45 KB, 535x574)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>26276127
>posting kids in bikinis
Why are you people like this?
>>
File: FmwHuZlagAIIo5E.jpg (372 KB, 619x1000)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>26276277
Why aren't you?
>>
File: 1462962104527.png (64 KB, 509x233)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>26276289
I prefer cars,have fun with the cops
>>
File: camarozl1elite.png (1020 KB, 1072x568)
1020 KB
1020 KB PNG
>>26276115
This is the ideal race car. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
>>
>>26276301
Driver visibility be damned
>>
I'm learning to heel-toe in AC (haven't tried in real life) using my thrustmaster 300 wheel/500 shifter. shit is cash
What shoes are good for this? I'm using bare feet right now
>>
>>26276366
Post feet and we can give you advice
>>
File: ovg.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>26276392
don't do this it makes mustard gas
>>
File: 1667913023976.png (97 KB, 860x845)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
SHOULD WE LET PLAYERS USE ANY OF THE TWO PURPOSE BUILD FORD DRIFT CARS FOR THE DRIFT ZONE IN FORDZATHON??

no make it pre 2010
>>
>>26276831
yes every week is a different decade
>>
File: 20829913023620827.jpg (1.51 MB, 3840x2160)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
retrofuturistic car
>>
last rally is up rbretards, its the rac rally this time, good luck and link is in the doc
>>
bros.... our response?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Ce9HKgrqM
>>
>>26277581
nothing, sim racing has already been mostly ruined by normie srp faggots and let me see my imaginary vidya skill points go up gt3 retards
>>
File: 1579213997605.jpg (105 KB, 720x540)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>26277581
>chase people out
>wonder why simracing is not growing

Your response would be to apologize for your detrimental actions.
>>
>>26277581
simracing was better when it was less popular this is good
assetto corsa and its consequences have been a disaster for the simracer race
>>
>>26277581
Load of horseshit is what I can say to that. There is nothing wrong how large or small the larger simracing "community" (hate this word) is. There is also nothing wrong with wanting the reach to be larger, normal people generally enjoy sharing their fun with other people.
imo the problem mainly lies within the games themselves. There are currently two games which can somewhat faithfully recreate a proper sanctioned 24h event. Both of them have two decade old games as bases which probably have never been properly rewritten from the bottom up. One of them has a pathetic simulation model, and the other one's code spaghetti made sure it never worked properly. How can you build any proper growth with tools like that? The rest of the games are either pigeonholed (ACC), removed from any reality (LFS), outdated (LFS, again), not to be taken seriously (AC,beamNG) or outright wrong (F1).

Also, if you're complaining about gatekeeping, the gate was specifically built for people like you. Learn to respect the environment you're in, and don't bring in your mental illness baggage into the world of escapism.
>>
>want a shifter
>have a tm wheel but th8a sucks
>logi shifter sucks too and with a usb adapter the price doesn't make sense
>fanatec shifter lol no
>shh has bad build quality according to some people
>wanted the vnm, but it's like 300 euros now
Wat do
>>
>>26277773
Get chased out of the simracing community
>>
>>26277773
Th8a is good
>>
>>26277773
buy the chinkshit shifter from aliexpress
>>
>>26277769
nigga literally brought up the only positive thing about acc as a negative
>>
>>26277806
How is that a positive thing?
>>
>>26277773
I like my th8a
>>
>>26277814
It's a focused and mostly complete sim because it's only based on a single type of racing.
>>
>>26277814
being laserfocused on a single discipline instead of being a jack of all trades master of none broken shitfest? it's not rocket science.
>>
File: LanciaRally037.jpg (1.51 MB, 3214x2031)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>26277388
Seems like a good bunch of classic OVGRBR stages on it. It's going to be fun.
Some notes for the drivers that haven't driven on these stages before:
> UK Sprint Extreme
Strongly recommend reccing this one at least once. It's a very deceptive stage, and a few calls that frankly don't work too well with RBR's system. (Talking about the late left three call that is just past a gated junction you are supposed to pass later in the other direction.)
For the rest, it is a rather punishing stage where it is all too easy to wreck out when going off course.
>Northumbria
Pay utmost attention in the second half, in the narrow forest sections. One mistake, and you will most likely need a CFH to continue. The many ditches in the corners mean that it is also easy to flip the car here.
>Sherwood Forest I and II
The classic OVGRBR stages that have been run in every season so far. These are amongst the best RBR gravel stages, but they are very technical, and very daunting on your first go around them. It's all about getting in a good flow here, and to pay perfect attention to the pacenotes and when you can cut, as these stages have all too many obstacles just on the side of the narrow roads. You go off here, and you will most likely hit a few rocks or logs. I wouldn't try to cut anything here apart from when the co-driver tells you to do so, even in the easiest corners here. It's a tough stage, but very satisfying to get right.
The rest of the stages shouldn't be any tougher than stages earlier this championship.
>>
>>26277773
>shh has bad build quality according to some people

According to some retards that have never had it, because everyone itt that has it has told you it's good. And honestly the new simagic shifter might be better than the VNM one, although I wouldn't know about build quality, since it's chinese.
>>
>>26277819
>>26277822
I don't want it to become the next AC with an army of polak ripped models from Forza behind it, but at least expanding it to include WEC content as well could go a LONG way on the game
>>
>>26277833
>everyone itt that has it has told you it's good
t. the only person who says so

why do you think someone who doesn't like th8a will enjoy its fisher price version?
>>
>>26277862
>t. the only person who says so

Maybe you should start lurking more before opening your whore mouth. I'm someone that doesn't like the th8a and I like the shh (for what it is and what it costs), because to anyone that has tried both (not you) it's obvious the shh is the superior product.
>>
Bros driving in AC on the hardest settings using clutch and shifter is fucking hard. how the fuck are you supposed to handle turns, lol
super fun though
>>
>>26277877
I've seen the discussions and I'm convinced it's shit.

Keep seething in your shed Spaniard.
>>
>>26276297
Based Driver SF, should I do my 15th new game plus? It's been a couple years
>>
>>26277882
>how the fuck are you supposed to handle turns, lol

Like in real life, but your tires are old and shitty.

>>26277890
Ok but nodoby asked YOU what you thought of a product you've never even seen irl and can't afford.
>>
File: fbi.png (27 KB, 360x48)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
met the final bosses of irenting, wat do
>>
In other RBR news, Nikolay Gryazin is leading the WRC-2 class in the Rallye Monte-Carlo at the moment. I hope he keeps the RSF sticker on his livery for the rest of the year.
>>
>>26277894
>Y-you can't afford the cheap version of a product you already own!
>N-no one asked!
Someone literally asked what to get. This is how you know SHH is some super grade copium Spaniardshit when you try this hard
>>
>>26277951
the new skoda is even more op than the old one, they should just build a rally1 instead of mopping the floor up with the others in the b class
>>
>>26277957
>a product you already own!
Post your SHH.
>Someone literally asked what to get
Then reply to them and not me. You replied to my post crying for no reason at all like you were asked.
>hurr durr ur Spanish
Better than being French (you).
>>
>>26277962
Skoda making a WRC-1 car again would be soulful as fuck even if they make a boxxy shitbox like the Octavia WRC was. At least the Fabia WRC looked good despite its mechanical issues.
>>
>>26277965
>Y-you have to meet my requirements in order to respond to me!
>>
>>26278002
>no argument

Yeah that's what I thought frenchie bitch.
>>
File: 62fb62411743c.jpg (75 KB, 640x416)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
why is norville/SRP virgin/civicgod/shh shill like this
>>
>>26277951
volkswagen ag, i kneel
>>
File: 1473970110299.png (120 KB, 316x320)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>he mad now

Next time don't open your mouth little boy.
>>
Is AC's Pro setting supposed to be retarded difficult?
>>
>>26278085
Did you come from forza horizon?
>>
>>26278085
assetto corsa's tire model for simulating semislicks on a dry prepared surface is actually more like chinese all seasons in rain
it's not hard you're just driving like a gorilla
>>
>>26278061
that you on the pic norv
>>
>>26278097
that sounds more like irenting to me
>>
>>26278090
Yeah budday but I barely played that game
>>
File: 1434937829620.png (95 KB, 300x300)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>26278098
I do have blue eyes. Here's you in a pic.
>>
>>26277793
>>26277817
Tbh the only reason I don't want TH8A is because switching between H-pattern and sequential is a pain and I like rally games where there are cars with both
>>
>>26278136
what is the difference between the 2?
>>
>>26278136
And also because it doesn't feel good and it's way overprice.
>>
>>26278119
is that that faggot french cs player? lol
>>
>>26278155
He was actually based at the taking of that photo.
>>
File: c5ztt1.jpg (3.71 MB, 4032x3024)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB JPG
>>26277882
is this b8
>>
>>26277581
The problems with sim-racing:
-Somehow physics are still trash and favor unrealistic driving and setups and ironically the closest to realistic, Project CARS 2, get shit on because of some gay drama bullshit

-"Community" are complete and utter faggots when it comes to transparency on setup and best way to play. PUBG has website after website documenting spray patterns and time to kill, etc., but ask for any of that in sim racing and people will tell you to get fucked or send you to some irrelevant real life tuning guide that doesn't correlate to the fake video game physics.

-Faggots take it too seriously and unlike PUBG or Modern Warfare or really any other game they act like their Nurburgring lap time is legit and they're a better driver than a real track driver. No. Sim racing does not have any of the physical demands or danger of real track driving and no sim is 1:1 accurate to real life. Many top sim racers throw up on themselves when they try to drive a real race car because they're soi boy little faggots and they need to stop pretending being good at video games makes you a real race driver.

-an addendum to the previous point, sim racing faggots need to stop being such butthurt little band kid crybabies like some furry Redditor. These little sois wouldn't late a minute on a real track in a real car. Go back to your anime fag games, faggots.
>>
>>26278136
That's exactly the reason i picked the SHH.
The sequential mode on the SHH sucks though because it's the same travel as with the h-shifter obviously, but even the seperate sequential plate is just the h-shifter plate with the extra bits missing.
On the TH8A the travel on the Sequential plate is much tighter than on the H-Shifter plate
>>
>>26277894
>Like in real life, but your tires are old and shitty.

LOL, pretty much. I hate how shitty the simulated tires are on Assetto. In real life the fun is from having high grip and blasting through turns, I don't want to slip and slide like it's a wet track. Plus, they artificially make the limit less forgiving, which is actually bad for people wanting to drive a real track as they think hitting the limit will send them careening to their death so they drive like a little bitch on a real track.
>>
File: 1674237823707.jpg (25 KB, 205x246)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>26278208
I hope this is ironic shitposting
PCars2 is trash and feels nothing like irl
Real car alignment and suspension tuning works the same way in sim and vice versa. It's just the tires that are a bit wonky.
People who take it serious have fun with it.
People who don't write paragraphs about how they can't get gud.

>>26278216
modern science still does not fully understand the interaction between rubber and tarmac thus no simulation (even the ones used by massive corporations to design the tires that go on your real car) is correct.
why the fuck you think there are so many tread patterns and rubber compounds? If we fuckin knew what we were doing there would be one brand of tire, one type of car, and one simulator. Stop being an autistic bore.
>>
>>26278227
>If we fuckin knew what we were doing there would be one brand of tire, one type of car, and one simulator.
thats fucking retarded stop with this bill nye tier autism pls
>>
File: specmiataAC.png (140 KB, 590x628)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>26278208
i'll add another problem, why are simracers so obsessed with gt3 f1 and unobtainium bullshit that nobody will ever let them near?
>>
>>26277773
th8a is great, but a little bit overpriced.
>>
>>26278236
because I can sit in my shitbox and drive while I'll never get to experience the race cars
>>
File: shitboxcup.png (133 KB, 1595x488)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>26278236
I'd love to see an actually good Twingo mod for a proper shitbox cup desu
>>
>>26278231
pretending you know everything when you don't is a far worse cope than admitting you don't know everything
you know I'm right though
accept the truth or don't, you are powerless to affect reality
>>
kita going r\atheism up in this bih
>>
>>26278208
>Project CARS 2
That could apply MAYBE to handful of cars there, and that's their main issue, it's the most inconsistent sim title
>>26278236
>that nobody will ever let them near
answered your own question, nobody cares about your rust bucket
>>
>>26278258
>nobody cares about your rust bucket
actual track racers are having offseason practice races with their digital rust buckets at tracks on the 2023 schedule rn
simboy gt3@monza stuff seems like weirdo escapism cope to me especially when some of these sim setups cost more than a decent track car
>>
>>26278292
>some of these sim setups cost more than a decent track car
For the people who can afford that kind of shit (maybe three people here) it becomes more of a choice between the time they spend on wrenching on their shitbox or just putting your headphones on and logging into iracing
>weirdo escapism cope
Congratulations, you have figured out what games are for.
>>
>>26278258
At least PCARS 2 gets tires right, that's 99% of what I care about. If I can't drive aggressively at the limit like real life then it's a bullshit game and I don't want to play it.
>>
>>26278292
>>26278304
Do either of you have any idea how expensive track day fees and tires are? Not to mention having a tow vehicle/trailer, tools, spares, etc? The cost of the race car is like 1/10 the cost of actually regularly tracking and like 1/20 the cost of racing competitively.

Even with expensive gear, sim racing is by far the cheapest and most accessible track time, just don't think video game accomplishments trump real life ones. The best sim racer in the world deserves the same respect as the guy that came second to last at the last amateur race. Probably a ratio of like 90% sim to 10% real life is the ideal ratio, but rental karting is better seat time and eventually ends up being more fun than tracking an actual car.
>>
>>26278311
pcars is just botched rfactor code, its dogshit
>>
File: sccatt.jpg (147 KB, 660x536)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>26278304
>Congratulations, you have figured out what games are for.
it's supposed to be a hardcore simulator, maybe gear it to people who actually use the simulation value? The equivalent of this would be you load up microsoft flight simulator and all you can fly is the SR71 and 4th gen and newer fighter jets and you have to buy some old janky as fuck game and mod it to fly a cessna 172 and practice landing

>>26278321
no idea at all
>>
File: 1674240175091.png (954 KB, 1024x769)
954 KB
954 KB PNG
>>26278254
>23 AD (After Dale)
>still pretending to be a Jewish Adventures fan when you haven't even read all the DLC
the shadow government state religion laughs at your puny desert sky magician
>>
>>26278323
it's literally a GTR2 mod with dx11
>>
>>26278337
>he thinks any sim on the market is even remotely close to the real life
Yeah there's no helping you.
>>
>>26278343
no its a shift mod with all the fucked up gmotor code even more fucked up
>>
>>26278323
Fucking computer nerd faggots thinking how the code started has anything to do with the end result. The end result is it feels correct. Most of what makes a sim good or not has nothing to do with if they "started from scratch" and everything to do with if the values they put in do a good job of replicating what they're supposed to. Engineering simulation software has existed for decades, the quality of accuracy is all about the numbers put in, not who wrote the code originally. Just as cringe as people that thinks belts are better than gears because it's "newer" when both drive systems have existed side by side for hundreds of years and in mature form for at least a hundred years and there are advantages and disadvantages to both and neither is fundamentally "newer" or "better". You think physical mechanical products work like your fucking graphics cards where the new thing is always better.
>>
>>26278357
didnt read it but your post is retarded like you
>>
>>26278337
>The equivalent of this would be you load up microsoft flight simulator and all you can fly is the SR71 and 4th gen and newer fighter jets and you have to buy some old janky as fuck game and mod it to fly a cessna 172 and practice landing

Based and I agree. I pretty much only did fixed setup Miata when I used to play iRacing for this exact reason. I'm like "why should I go through all the effort to learn how to drive heavy aero cars with tons of realtime TCS controls when I'm never going to drive that shit to the limit in real life and it's nothing like what I own?" This was one of the nice things about Gran Turismo, you could literally track your actual IRL car and race it. Only problem there was faggots would show up in a Bugatti Veyron because "it's the fastest". If you just want unrealistic (i.e. never going to own one in real life) bullshit, just play an arcade game and don't even waste your time on the nuances of sim racing.
>>
>>26278345
the point of a sim (especially msfs) is not really to try wacky edge case shit that would get you killed irl but practice normal procedure in a controlled environment, it does not really matter that the sim shits itself at speeds and angles of attack that would tear a real airplane apart.
same with a racing sim
It does not matter that there is less grip than irl the same techniques apply and the limits are lower so it teaches approaching the limits carefully. If you over rotate beyond your steering angle irl you are going off the track it doesn't matter what tires you have.
>>
Honestly I'd rather listen to this autistic kid kita about games with cars in them, because it's a proven fact that he literally unironically and actually drives somewhat of a fast and fun car in real life. Like in the real world. On real roads. Instead some of you fucking cunts that LITERALLY either don't have a license nor own a car, or you drive faggot shit like a citroen. Shut the FUCK up.
>>
>>26278377
this is rich coming from a retard driving a literal seat lmao
>>
BOOOOOM! EXPLOSIONS!
>>
>>26278380
Retard, also to add to that. Some of you are so FUCKING fat. Like unironically damn near obese. That you don't know anything about handling or traction or anything for that matter, because your dogshit french """car""" suspension cannot handle your fat fucking ass in the driver's seat.
>>
>>26278386
and yet you literally whine and moan like a sissy bitch for months now because you are being chased away by these fat retards lmao
>>
>>26278390
Your gayass little cuckmobile and it's little donut sized wheels. Driving A to B because you're a greasy fat fuck. You don't drive for fun. All that complaining about money too. You can't afford gas in your cucked yuropean shithole. Shut your ass up.
>>
>>26278392
norv you're being mad again
>>
>>26278374
Then go get your rFPro or whatever, get your "I can't believe it's not plastic" shitcan in there, and simulate like a real big boy to your heart's content. Normal people will go and play the games as GAMES and drive shit they would probably never even see on the street.
Retarded grape whiners
>>
>>26278395
Like my nigga how do you live in yurop and are a fat as fuck fatass? LMAO it's literally designed for you to not be a hambeast, yet here we are. Bro I swear you better drive without a seatbelt, beacuse at your weight and with your fat fucking pig neck it's literally a hazard having it on.
>>
>>26278398
you fill your head with imaginary fat autists because some retards say you're retarded that's crazy
>>
>>26278399
Get your pluto sized ass in your cucked little automatic diesel hatch and drive yourself to a gym. Or a shooting range.
>>
>>26278404
nah I'd rather stay here and roll off my doublesized chair because it's funny how retarded you are
>>
>>26278407
Bro asking me to get on muble and talk but all I hear is your heavy breathing and wheezing in the mic in between you trying to sip the last remaining drop of cola from your XL sized burger king cup. And you always ask for no ice, because that means less cola.
>>
File: 1668144309033096.jpg (101 KB, 1290x1306)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>26278377
all my cars have been kino
>Volvo 850 sedan
>Suzuki SX4 Sportback
>PF Dodge Dart
>NB Miata
>LA Chally der Wally mit 3.6L Teufelkazoo

>>26278397
ac is fine as long as you're not expecting too much of it

>>26278416
bullshit, not only is push to talk enforced so you can't hear anything, everyone on mumble exclusively drinks from cans
>>
>>26278416
damn all these fat retards live in your head and none of them pay any rent
>>
>>26278429
i've already petitioned the property manager for more handicapped parking spaces and free cheetos in the club room
>>
>>26278424
>Suzuki SX4 Sportback

No shit? Post pic and why you don't have it anymore.

>>26278429
Nigga you don't pay anything with your "hnnnng noo don't pay spend money on simracing noo" headass and your fat fucking hands. All you gotta do is give the bossman a firm handshake and you get a job, but your hand so fucking fat your little sausage fingers can't bend that far to produce any sort of handshake.
>>
>>26278438
don't stop posting your fatfetish shadow government fanfic please im cooming soon
>>
>>26278445
>bro goes to cum
>semen has no where to go and has to hit the meat wall created by his fupa because his hands can't reach and he so fat he can't even see what's going on down there

Your simracing chair is a wholeass sofa. Your T-LCM pedals are propped against the wall and it's sturdy as fuck because you weigh way more than the breaking force you produce for your whale bearing sofa to move back. You're a whole unit.
>>
>>26278438
No pics on my phone but I had a red one just like they used in US Top Gear and that was in Forza Motorsport 4.
I had to get rid of it because Zuki made the grave mistake of sourcing their CVT gearbox from Nissan (Jatco) and then shoehorning a 6-speed manual mode into it, complete with paddle shifters. I of course drove it around in manual all the time which basically destroyed the tranny within 40k miles. Every time it shifted you could hear the squeak as the belt moved over the grooves the 6 fixed "gears" had worn.
If I'd bought the manual idve probably passed on the Dart, it was an extremely fun car, very light and punchy even with a rubber band gearbox. Very confident handling with a slight tendency to oversteer. Big ass brakes. The Dart that replaced it was a real manual with the fiat 1.4 turbo.
>>
Anyways I'm going to play some video games and go for my nightly highway hoon drive after since the pigs don't patrol at night. Last time we hit 250 kmh. See you guys tomorrow (if you don't suffer a heart attack fat fucks).
>>
>>26278456
fuck this is so hot norv you should be mad even more often
>>
>>26278424
>Suzuki SX4 Sportback
>he had the fat swift sport
grim
>>
File: 1674246504465.jpg (181 KB, 720x720)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>26278621
>Suzuki Swift but drawn on a napkin by this guy
the sx4 is a very nice looking car, well proportioned and practical.
it's like a grown up ep3 civic
>>
is this the beginning of the kita x norv alliance
>>
>>26278424
>Suzuki SX4 Sportsback
You now remember that Suzuki tried WRC with that shitbox, and did so fucking awful that everyone is rather pretending it never happened. Very grim.
>>
>>26277581
Why do anons here focus so much on that oganoski dude when this channel has actually some good no clickbait analysis?
And Kaz is right i miss the GTForce wheel days
>>
>>26278755
it only raced like 5 times it practically never happened

>>26278758
Fuck off James stop shilling
>>
>>26278766
They did an entire season which went awful by every metric. If the car didn't break down, they usually got beaten by the privateer teams, and even with a end-season surge where they actually got points, both drivers finished behind a no-budget Estonian who drove a two-years old privateer Citroen C4 WRC. That's how awful they did.
>>
>>26278741
hi norv
>>
>>26278779
thats because the french are considerably superior at building a rally car than the nips
>>
>>26278779
That is basically exactly how Suzuki did in the US auto market
>make good shitboxes thru 1990s
>sell cheap
>recession hits and the only thing cheaper than the cars you already sell are daewoos
>sell terrible korean trash for 5 years eroding all the brand loyalty the swift/cultus/vitara/jimny/esteem/liana had built

>make it up with a gorgeous italian designed, rallycar inspired hatchback and sleek 4-door AWD sedan
>nobody buys the kizashi or sx4 because the recession is over and they put fragile jatco cvts in everything so despite being incredibly well made cars otherwise they eat themselves in 50k
>Suzuki leaves US
>>
>>26278208
>the closest to realistic, Project CARS 2
the one that has zero brake lockup, where you can hammer 100% brake at all times and still slow down without trouble, right?
>>
File: 1663647218738.jpg (105 KB, 640x427)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>26278755
wrc was a bad idea
super 1600 however was where it was going ok
>>
>>26277773
>>26278136
Just get the fanatec shifter you faggot. I bought it like 4 years ago and it's been perfect. You can change between H pattern and sequential with one little switch. And it changes the internal mechanism so they feel very different.
>>
>>26278343
Gtr2 is actually good tho
>>
>>26279191
I want an ignis sport so bad, s1600 suzukis are pure kino
>>
>>26279354
>tfw the widebodys if you can find then are only for the 2 doors
id widen my swift in a heartbeat
>>
>>26278779
It was doing ok for a completely new car on a shoestring budget and shit drivers, the big economic kill ended the program
>>
What does the NG stands for in BeamNG?
>>
>>26279242
Rude
>>
>>26279387
Next generation or nigger, one or the other
>>
What’s the off road racing like in NFS Payback? I want a game where I can build and tune my own Baja rigs, and Payback includes the desert surrounding Las Vegas so hopefully has some Mint 400 kino
>>
>>26279506
>NFS Payback?
just dont
>>
File: 1658763744155.png (126 KB, 800x769)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
you now remember ug2 had a burnout demo buried in the menu
>>
>>26279242
I remember someone in /ovg/ saying that the shifter, along with the cheapest load cell pedals are the only fannytec shit worth the money, I guess it's true
>>
https://youtu.be/nlQTU37dfC4
>>
>>26279532
I don’t care about the story, I just want to vroom
>>
>>26279654
yeah just dont
>>
>>26279506
you're in for a massive letdown kiddo, offroading in every recent NFS title has been hot garbage.
you're better off playing on the new map that just got released in BeamNG
>>
File: 1646704111904.gif (1.17 MB, 1024x544)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB GIF
>>26277825
Had a lot of fun, this is the first event I've done with you guys. Wondering if we'll do another RBR series after and would it be R5 cars again? I was messing around with the ford and vw polo and found them maybe slightly better than the skoda. ford has the most torque and vw had 1% let's front end weight making it feel more nimble at times but I don't know too much about RBR yet as I've been trying to stick to the Subarus and the skoda mostly outside of our rbretard rally except the drivetrain or old school class events. Running a porsche or RGT in Africa is fun.
>>
>>26279651
I keep seeing this video but he had no actual arguments other than he didn't like FH 4. I knew it wasn't going to be a good video from the start anyway when he didn't even know how to pronounce Forza properly.
>>
>>26277671
as much as I like assetto for the touge I couldn't agree more. Never has so many children been attracted to racing who not only can't keep it clean but will plug pull the send they get passed. I almost want to reup my iRacing just to get some battles in but circuit racing is so boring after having done it professionally in the sim world.
>>
File: 1507875252493.jpg (120 KB, 554x621)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>26278242
Race cars are boring. There is plenty of value to be learned from circuit racing though. Especially longer events. But once you've learned to master your mind and induce zen driving at will there remains little challenge aside from your self.
>>
File: .jpg (347 KB, 1546x1340)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
id like to thank tom and all the TRD boys back at the shop
>>
>>26279506
you wouldnt expect burnout to have baja would you? then dont expect payback to
>>
>>26279651
>doesn't get rid of the GET READY TO DRIVE text when emulating GT4
>has retarded opinions
every time
>>
>fartza and street race larping in AC: alive and well
>"""sim""" """racing""" (gt3 at monza and maybe sometimes spa): dying
there is nothing wrong with this though
>>
>>26280401
thats only because of ACC thou
>>
>>26279840
>But once you've learned to master your mind and induce zen driving at will
tfw adhd
tfw add
tfw ocd
tfw eczema
tfw dermatitis
>>
>>26279840
>Race cars are boring.
its a you problem that you cant find exciting race cars to drive, but even a gt3 is infinitely more fun car in sims than any shit miata since the sense of speed is way lower in video games
>>
>>26279757
we can go on with rbr if people want to and if there's nothing else going on, but we'll use different cars and classes each week if it happens. afaik the fabia evo is the fastest r5 overall along with the hyundai, but it really depends on which car suits your style they all drive a bit different
>>
>>26279813
>didn't even know how to pronounce Forza properly
do (You) pronounce it as fartza or what
>>
Almost died last night.
>>
File: 1386864952270.png (8 KB, 172x276)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Ok I'm past the point in RBR where I have to drive like Serderidis and granny every corner so that I come to the end alive, I can actually drive at pace, hit apexes and cuts and get a good flow on, but I'm still a minute behind the top gents by the end of the rally. How do I git gud enough to get to the Jamf level of rallying?

Btw, I'm running default pacenotes and default codriver and don't recce every stage.
>>
>>26280696
the pace comes with time and experience, and I'm still upper mid tier at best there's another level of autism for the hotlapping aliens who drive with fucking deltas on their hud like it's circuit racing
>>
>>26280341
Payback has a big open world desert map and the ability to put lift kits on the cars, Burnout doesn’t.
>>
>>26280696
get good, recce every stage at least once to optimize pacenotes
do it in a fast car so that you don't hear "flat" before a hairpin section and avoid stacking in high speed sections
>>
>>26279813
>didnt like FH4
>logged 188 days (4 THOUSAND 5 HUNDRED AND 12 HOURS)
>>
File: images (10).jpg (33 KB, 742x413)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>Overtakes your bimmer gt3
>Overtkaes your viper gt3
>Overtakes your lambo gt3
>>
>>26279651
i have watched this video twice now, its so stupid that there is simply no approach to even begin reasoning with it
>>
>>26279651
Almost 200k views on a dumb racing video essay.
>>
File: shrug2.jpg (84 KB, 520x592)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>26280696
I dunno, I just go at my own pace. Rallying is fun. Don't care if I'm last, I'm know I'm not good at the game.
>>
File: 456.png (288 KB, 392x480)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
action shot jaypeg (png)
>>
>>26280722
>there's another level of autism for the hotlapping aliens who drive with fucking deltas on their hud like it's circuit racing
Man, esports is a mental illness.
>>
>>26281055
unhealthy obsession with going faster
>>
File: aim.png (3.96 MB, 2016x1512)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB PNG
>>26281065
what's the point of trying to go slow? lol
>>
File: nascar.jpg (304 KB, 2000x2000)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9_aDRxwVfQ
>>
File: 1643328713661.jpg (37 KB, 800x536)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>26280759
you really cant know if a game is good without at least 500hrs logged tbqhwyf
>>
File: e1ba67ac532d3d34.jpg (107 KB, 1024x769)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>26279840
Idk what to tell you if you think a 600kg car with extreme aero, grippy tires and a 240hp na engine is boring
>>
>>26281394
if you're really slow they can be
>>
>>26281714
y
>>
Gt7 is fun as fuck got A rank today
>>
>when you realize "it's hard, therefore it should be even harder" and the anti-esports sentiment is common between simracing and fighting games/FGC
>>
File: pepeunderwear.jpg (39 KB, 396x385)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>26281829
it's harder than setting a good lap irl
>>
How do I learn how to drift? Do you need to use the ebrake, and if so, should I get a peripheral? My irl car does not have a good ebrake (its the little lever kind near the steering wheel)
>>
>>26277773
Their shifter is the best thing they make. I don't care for their wheels, but the pedals and shifter are worth it like that other anon said.
>>
>>26281829
Don't FGCfags want to be an esport? The only thing most of them are is against accepting smash in their clique
"there never is a combo too hard" does fit nicely though
>>
>>26278208
9/10 not bad for a slow board.
>>
>>26280547
R5 are all equally slow. They're all 280hp at 1430kg so whatever box feels slightly less anemic to you is pure placebo
>>
>>26280768
As a 911 should.
>>
File: komipotato.jpg (89 KB, 700x254)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
took out the sax for a 100km snowy vroom on all season tires
then did a couple painfully slow skids around the parking lot
still dizzy from all the handbrake turns
i think i had enough of ovgrbr, count me chased out
how's ur dey?
>>
>>26282152
not terrible but it is the weekend
>>
File: RBRflip.webm (2.95 MB, 1280x720)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>
>>26282195
could have fooled me for a dirt rally clip damn
>>
>>26281859
Some in the FGC wants competitive fighting games to be its own thing instead of an esports, the sentinment is there.
>>
>can learn a track well enough in 30 minutes of lapping to put top 5-10% lap times
>hit absolute wall in skill at this point and never improve no matter how much I practise further
>>
>>26282730
are you taking advantage of all of your game of choices exploits?
>>
>>26282736
No, I try and stick to real racing etiquette. I rarely bother tuning the cars either unless they’re radically wayward and unruly
>>
>>26282744
>he isnt running negative tyre pressures and stupidly unrealistic arbs

sorry bro you need to embrace the rubbish to reach the top
>>
Front ARB: as stiff as my cock
Rear ARB: detached
>>
>>26282768
fuck off alonso understeer sucks
>>
>>26282810
The rear wing is so low it's generating lift, there's still oversteer it's fine
>>
File: 1660602051295.jpg (104 KB, 800x500)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>26282819
>negative rear downforce with all front arb

i kneel
>>
File: Merged_document.jpg (275 KB, 404x1512)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
So, I am trying to sell some old sim gear, and have no idea what the value is. Any ideas?

Motor: Small Mige version (130ST-M10010 20Nm 10000ppr (40000cpr)
Servo: IoniProHC
Software: Simucube

Pedals: Old Heuskinveld Ultimate Model
Wheel and button hub with paddles
>>
File: IMG_0633.jpg (1.14 MB, 4032x3024)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>26283068

forgot the pic of the motor control box
>>
>>26283076
Are you going to use the money to buy a new chair? Because that's fucked
>>
>>26283159

the chair is in a garage with other junk I need to throw out/sell, I have a nice steelcase leap now :)
>>
>>26279654
Payback has awful physics
>>
>>26283068
>>26283076
I'll give you 3 fiddy
>>
File: image.png (894 KB, 682x781)
894 KB
894 KB PNG
For me, it's the Hurricana CX from Ridge Racer Unbounded
>>
File: cx.png (1.88 MB, 1549x869)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>
>>26283068
probably 1-1.5k for the set
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMg4NCg-9CQ
new james
>>
File: 1424140617263.webm (2.64 MB, 640x480)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB WEBM
>>26283894
>>
File: FnCRGmxX0AA7SpX.jpg (79 KB, 883x750)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>26284033
>cuts corner
Ah yes,cheating
>>
File: thresholdbraking.png (53 KB, 329x174)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
is there anywhere i can get an AC mod that changes the "semislick" model to something usable that resembles a modern 200tw tire
>>
>>26284740
if you mean physics mod, the circlejerk modders have made what is supposed to be the toyo r888 tire with the fancy new extension physics bits, i dont know how it drives but it was made by one of the guys who does the beta testing for the new physics features so it must be the best out there
copy pasting the tires is a bit of work but i assume they should work fine
>>
>>26284841
do you have a link? googling assetto corsa r888 mod isnt helping
>>
>>26284841
imo it drives like complete shit unless you are turning it into smoke just like the real thing
>>
>>26284973
i had some 2 mods that used them, but unfortunately i cant find them (and surprisingly, cant find them on google either)
presumably the arch physics cars ( https://github.com/archibaldmilton/Girellu/tree/master/Releases/Mods/Arch%20Cars%20Public ) have some kind of improved semis, so i guess extract the data from one of those. (first create a folder named inside the instructions, then open the car in CM content tab and extract data. you dont need to copy paste the models of the corresponding car or anything at all, only need the folder with the ui and data acd in it for extraction)
>>26285063
i dont remember driving them but presumably theyre better than kunos tires thou
>>
File: challypet2.gif (31 KB, 112x112)
31 KB
31 KB GIF
>driving a car in a video game influences you to buy one irl
what's her name and was it as good as you thought it would be?
>>
>>26285533
No video game has my exact car.
>>
>>26277388
>have to make my run after 5 hours of highway driving in thick fog and ice
for the love of god make the closing time monday 23:59 going forward
monday 12:59 is horseshit and impossible with a job
>>
Why does Assetto Corsa sound like shit? Terrible engine sounds and absolutely nothing coming from the environment
>>
>>26285533
i cant afford cars that appear in video games
>>
>>26286000
sure you can
>>
Does anyone know where can I find abandonware game like Grid, F1 2013 or even older Dirt games?
>>
>>26286072
GRID is available on Zoom (zoom-platform), it seems legit although I've never bought anything from there.
You might be able to find old F1 games and Dirt online, although you could also emulate them as well through RPCS3
>>
>>26285831
Better question. Why does Kunos keep focusing on Compeshitzione when it has 1/4 the players of the original. It's embarrassing
>>
>>26286072
grid 2008 and dirt 1 on ebay they're not expensive
dirt 2 and f1 2013 are both far more expensive and you cant really use a second hand copy because they use server side activated keys so just pirate
>>
The penalty system in Sport races in GT7 is the most bafflingly stupid game design decision I’ve seen in my 32 years on this planet.
>>
>>26285533
FK8 CTR
>>
>>26286835
no there is one stupider design decision
adding a penalty system to forza horizon online
>>
>>26286835
>lobby full of HUEHUEs
>first turn at Road Atlanta
>get rear-ended and sent into the sand
>guy that hit me gets no penalty
>I get a 3 second penalty for leaving the track
I'm unironically tempted to sell my copy. PD are a bunch of hacks and Kaz is a shitty racer.
>>
>>26286894
Funny because I remember in GTS I used to brakecheck people and they'd get a penalty for the contact.
>>
art of rally is a fun game
>>
>>26277951
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2023/wrc2/breaking-gryazin-penalty-hands-rossel-wrc2-win/
stop cheating rbr fags lmao
>>
I make retarded shitboxes in automation and drive them in beamNG with an entry level thrustmaster [spoiler]flight stick[/spoiler]
>>
>>26287412
I know who you are
>>
>>26287409
ah yes the frogs doing everything in their power to cheat their way to victory once again, modern rallying is so fucking gay imagine getting penalised for cutting in a rally,, it is literally hotlapping now
>>
>>26279651
>no argument
>doesn't even come up with a thesis
>doesn't even outright say "old good new bad"
What is the point of making a video that just goes over the release dates of games?
>>
>>26287471
richard burns rally literally penalises you for cutting corners its all its fault
>>
>>26286894
>Kaz is a shitty racer.
Didn't he get good results in the Burgerring 24h?
>>
>>26287480
>2009 N24. SP8, Lexus IS-F: 4th in class
>2009 Thunderhill 25h. Spoon Civic Type R: 7th class, 23rd overall
>2011 N24. SP8T, Nissan GT-R Schulze Motorsports: 1st in class, 36th global
>2012 N24. SP8T, same Nissan as before: 1st class, 30th global(class only was two GT-R Schulze Motorsports)
>2013 N24. SP9, Nissan GT-R GT3: 135th overall(they had a fckton mechanical problems)
>2014 N24. SP9, same GT-R GT3: 10th overall
>2016 N24. SP9, BMW Walkenhorst GT3: 22nd overall
>>
>>26287497
>>2011 N24. SP8T, Nissan GT-R Schulze Motorsports: 1st in class, 36th global
>>2012 N24. SP8T, same Nissan as before: 1st class, 30th global(class only was two GT-R Schulze Motorsports)
For a late race driver that's alright.
He spent hie early years street racing
>>
File: 1651158479777.jpg (43 KB, 355x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>Solves a police case and a terrorist threat while in a coma
>>
File: 1674161272439118.webm (2.94 MB, 848x468)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
The final results for the last rally is up rbretards, thank you for joining I hope it was fun and congratulations for Jord for winning the series. If you guys want to continue this I think we should switch to a more chill weekly random stages/cars combo without points and stuff, what do you think? Something like 6-8 stages per rally with a car rolled with the wheel of misfortune.
>>
>>26287786
nobody cared about this game until that weeb autist eceleb made a video on it. now a key is over 200 dollars.
>>
File: zero shekels.png (1 KB, 578x21)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>26288099
>200$
>>
>>26288149
it doesnt matter that much to me as i already have it. im just pointing out the state of things.
>>
>>26288170
I pre-ordered the game at first announcement. That trailer with the yellow Challenger was sweet. Ubisoft's 3D model of the '70 Challenger is still the best vidya reproduction of the car ever.

Wound up picking up my copy exactly 364 days to the day I placed the pre-order.
>>
>announce a game to be super realistic
>with a major esport partnership
>announce a 500k€ championship circuit which happen before the actual release
>still only 6 cars (4 GT3, an older GT3 and a memelectric) and 2 tracks (only 1 actually shown)
What even is the point of Rennsport ? Unironical "GT3 at Spa" simulator, the only alternative being "GT3 at Hockenheim".
>>
>>26288184
i bought the limited edition of the game for pc about a year after it came out for 17 euro lol
it sucks the car is a lump of plastic doesnt even have working wheels
>>
>>26288634
>i bought the limited edition of the game for pc about a year after it came out for 17 euro lol
I traded it for 3 or 4 TF2 keys back when you could actually have Steam games in your inventory.
>>
>>26288099
Nigga this was my jam back in 2012-2013
I was terrible in multiplayer tho.
>>
>>26288575
Rennsport sounds like a NFT scam.
Thank god NFTs crashed and burned
>>
>>26288575
this will be the ultimate blow for sim racing esports and I can't wait for it to finally die, the game looks like absolute dogshit
>>
is lfm any good or is it full of retards who can't drive? I'm done with irenting for the nth time the cars drive like shit and I literally can't force myself to like it
>>
>>26288575
All modern games are just ponzi schemes. Try and bait as much investment money as possible, then cut and run with the cash before anyone notices
>>
>>26288184
>Ubisoft's 3D model of the '70 Challenger is still the best vidya reproduction of the car ever
Better than gt's future proof bazilion pixels model?
Although thinking about it Driver SF might be the only video game with the shaker hood Challenger,all others use the flat hood
>>
>>26290041
GTA Online’s interpretation of it has a shaker option.
>>
>>26289345
I had like 4 races so far in it and got crashed 2 times by shitters, so probably about the same. This was in rf2 tho. In any case, there's a lot of people racing, so it's not like you have a whole lot of choice if you don't want to iRent, it's either LFM or SRS.
>>
fired up acc for the first time since that stillborn ovg series years ago and wtf it's actually good now, why there hasn't been any ovgt3 series with it
>>
>>26291107
Because gt3 sucks massive ass and ACC is coded by literal mongoloids on top of 99% of /ovg/ being fat broke retards that can't afford a PC that can handle the game (a 4090 basically)
>>
>>26291107
Host it. Stop being an "why don't we do X" guy and start being a "do things" guy
>>
>start new horizon 5 game
>in the character creator
>whole tab dedicated to hearing aids
>wut
holy fucking inclusion batman
>>
>>26291111
I have like 90fps on my 1060 potato on high settings, and muh gt3 is bad meme is boring when the game drives so well
>>
>>26291117
>I have like 90fps on my 1060 potato on high settings

No you do not.

>>26291116
>start new horizon 5 game

Retard.
>>
>>26291121
I do
>>
>>26291116
dude cant you see the value of generic colored BTEs in a racing game?
>>
>>26291116
its just lore building it explains the car sounds if every character is half deaf
this is just attention to detail and crafting a believable world
>>
>>26291132
Post a webm with the proof.
>>
>>26291168
He's playing at something like 480p resolution. My 3080ti can't get a stable 60 fps with ACC at 1440p
>>
Most of the settings above medium in that game bring literally no benefit, and only kneecap your framerate

>>26291107
because retards still think it's the absolute horrid mess the game was back when it was in EA, and idiots like >>26291111 who think the game is unplayable if you don't tweak your settings a bit
>>
>>26291191
>People don't like this game that does literally only one type of car because it doesn't work without tweaking settings for a long time

Boy i wonder why it failed
>>
>>26291191
Imagine being a proponent for ACC. How much you weigh bro? Gotta be at least 220lbs.
>>
>>26291193
It "failed" because it took them too long to amend all the major issues with the game. Also you're conflating two completely different aspects.
>>26291196
Don't project, mutt.
>>
It doesn't matter anyway. The problem of ACC is that it has made GT3 cars the most boring cars on earth to drive, along with all the tracks all the other games have too, it's simply wholly unentertaining to drive in that game. I've done probably 500 ish GT3 races in my time so it's not for hate of the class, but my god ACC just isn't fun at all it's dead to the core. All the other sims suck in their respective ways, but none of them just feel "dead" when you play them quite like ACC does
>>
>>26291201
>it has made GT3 cars the most boring cars on earth to drive
as opposed to "fun" GT3s in games such as...?
>>
>>26291221
They're plenty of fun in rFactor 2 where you can, you know, drive the fucking cars instead of tiptoeing around the understeery pieces of shit they are in ACC
>>
>>26291200
Post weight though.
>>
>>26291242
hahahahahaha okay buddy
next time tell me how fun they are when you turn ABS (actually ABS, TC and SC in one) down from the max value
>>
>>26291258
How about you get gud?
>>
>>26291261
If you want to play that game, then how about (You) getting gud in ACC? I've got no understeer to talk about after an outlap, because the tires are cold and don't grip properly. Like they are supposed to do.
>>
>>26291201
irenting feels 10x more dead to me than acc and they understeer 10x more as well
>>
>>26291176
I'm playing at 1080p with fsr, granted it does dip below 60 a bit when there's 30 cars on screen but overall it's nowhere near as bad as it was
>>
>>26291293
in iracing if you god forbid went 5kph faster into a corner than your rubber duck tires can withstand than you understeer off a cliff, in acc at least you can push. I'm not the biggest fan of gt3s either but this typical 4chinz contrarianism towards acc is retarded, it's almost s completely different game to what it was
>>
>>26291271
Even if ACC was as good as you pretend it is (it isn't) are you really defending a game based around a single fucking type of car taking 4.5 years to be playable? I'm not being a contrarian just to be a contrarian, I legitimately dislike ACC for being extremely boring and bland and a literal GT3 at Spa simulator
>>
>>26291571
ac is 12 years old and it still isn't playable
>>
>>26291571
iracing is 15 years old and it still isn't playable
>>
>>26291571
rfactor 2 is 10-11 years old and it still isn't playable
>>
>>26291571
>4.5 years
The fuck are you talking about
>being extremely boring and bland and a literal GT3 at Spa simulator
How cute for you to out yourself as a public lobby shitter. Maybe wreckfest/irenting is more up to your speed
>>
File: images (4).jpg (41 KB, 739x415)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Oh no the serious ACC/iRacing people are fighting again.
Anyway,here's a Beetle GT3
>>
>>26291571
well at least they got one type of car right unlike all other current sims
>>
>ACC
>no way to feasibly run VR still
into the trash it goes
>>
how to into drifting in AC/irl?
>>
>>26291723
swing wheel way too hard and countersteer right away
????
>>
>>26291730
k cool thanks
do I need to use the handbrake/ebrake (is there a difference between them or just nomenclature?)?
>>
>>26291723
Turn car one way
Punch gas pedal
Turn the other way
don't turn so much you actually change direction, just turn into the skid and keep the power down
congrats you drifted

if you rip the handbrake you are a shitter, only use it sparingly.
>>
>>26291735
The handbrake is used only in specific situations where you need to get the rear end to slide but you don't have enough room to whip the car side-to-side. If you just rip it willy nilly the car will spin. You need the rear wheels' thrust to drift, slowing them down with the handbrake will cause you to crash.

A normal drift is simply accomplished by approaching a corner as if you were gonna take it normally, but instead of coasting to the apex and laying on the power afterwards, you get on the power before the apex which causes the tail of the car to swing out, combined with the momentum from you initiating the turn. The handbrake comes in if the turn is really sharp (like a hairpin) where you need to swing the car around over 90 degrees in one motion and don't have enough road to start wide. Even so you actually rip the handbrake while still travelling in a straight line, and you need to clutch in to keep the engine from stalling or else off the mountain you go.
>>
File: 1672904196912166.jpg (127 KB, 533x497)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>Get tired from ACC
>Switch to TCR in ported GT city circuits
>enjoy simracing again
>>
>>26291719
Just get a 4090 bro.
>>
>>26291896
I don't think even that is enough. With potato settings and 3080ti I still struggle.
>>
>>26288079
Random cars sounds good. I suggest we do a trabant or shitbox rally or something slower than r5 first to help the people who always dnf. Mostly it's a skill issue though as I didn't dnf once using a keyboard
>>
>>26288079
Yeah, it was a really fun series, despite how I wasn't too used to R5 cars at the start of the series, as I would usually pick WRC 2.0. cars instead of them usually. I can see now why they are so popular though, the class is relatively competitive with all cars (even if the Fabia R5 Evo is the most preferred one, by the looks of it) , and it is a relatively forgiving class in terms of handling and sliding around the car.
Maybe it is due to the latest NGP7 updates, but the handling of them feels a lot smoother now without suddenly encountering snap oversteer or understeer. Even with a few mishaps there and there (cough, cough, falling for snow tires during the Alpes Rally), it has to be the first time I finished a series without scoring a single stage DNF, and consistency really seemed to pay off at the end.
That last rally went especially smooth for me, but that's probably since those British gravel stages always seem to click well with me.
Was good to see too that the stage times became closer in the field as the series went on.
That said, pushing those cars hard is a lot of fun, so I'll try driving em more in the future.
As for the chill non-series rallies, I'd be up for it, as long I got the time for them. Would be fun driving some of the oldest shitboxes in the game again. Would said events be open for everyone though, given since it isn't for series points?
>>
Trabant/shitbox rally sounds like fun.
>>
>>26280696
For starters, rally is all about experience, confidence and knowing (your own) limits.
As someone who basically only plays rally racing games when it comes to racing games, you need quite a different mindset compared to hotlapping on a tarmac circuit. Hence why I am total shit at Assetto Corsa, but that aside.
First thing you want to get the hang of, is to find a pace for yourself to consistently finish stages without crashing. Might sound like stating the obvious, but given how it is RBR, and rate of attrition is usually high in events, finishing events without wrecking out usually sees you moving up the ranking. Doesn't matter if some hotlapping Frenchman on tarmac beats you and the rest of the field by a full minute or more, just focus on your own pace without crashing first. Once you get the feeling that you are consistently reaching the finish, start pushing your own pace and confidence more and more, bit by bit. As long you don't crash doing so, you are constantly improving on your pace.
A quick way to learn, is to find a car and stage combination you are comfortable with, and start getting a feeling for how hard you can push that specific car / set-up without crashing or spinning out. You want to get in that flow where you can push the car hard without having the feeling that you might crash in the next two corners. Being comfortable in the car is what you want, it's nearly impossible to push hard with a car that you have the feeling of that you can bin it every second. If I drive a car that keeps never understeering or oversteering the entire time, I also focus on just making it to the line than to push hard. On tarmac, you want lots of grip and decent performance in hairpins, on looser surfaces like snow and gravel, you'd really want to find the flow where you can slide consistently sideways without spinning or crashing out. Remember, tapping the handbrake at the start of cornering usually gets you in a good slide, that's what rally cars are for.
>>
>>26292217
Damn, that got a bit longer than expected. Any specifics the original poster wants to ask further on tips? Gotta go for now though, so it'll probably be answered next thread.
>>26292210
Group 2 and Trabant / Wartburg rallies would be fun to drive again. At least those old shitboxes have character, unlike the modern pieces of dreadful soulless snaildom called the R1 class and the peak of soulless shitbox driving called the Lada Kalina RC2.
Could also do a Lada VFTS vs. Skoda 130LR rally at one point, although I guess almost everyone would pick the VFTS then.
>>
>do short race in Assetto Corsa
>run out of fuel on lap 14/15
Why does this shitnigger game not automatically give you enough fuel for your race
>>
>>26292762
solution: turn off fuel consumption
dumbass lol
>>
>>26292984
But that's not REALSTICK
I would expect to worry about fuel in an endurance race not a 25 minute race
>>
>>26292762
Should've practiced ecodriving
>>
File: Capture.jpg (102 KB, 1466x711)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>send it
>hard brake
>send it
>hard brake
>send it
>hard brake
>send it
>wide turn
>send it
name a more boring track
>>
>>26293049
any oval ever
>>
>>26291723
It’s controlled oversteer.
https://youtu.be/IPQyQgyuNMI
Drift Bible should be mandatory viewing to post on /o/
>>
File: 20829675801219156.jpg (2.3 MB, 3840x2160)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
cars
>>
>>26291242
>understeery pieces of shit
>in acc
this nigga probably did five laps on the default setups in 2018 before forming this highly informative opinion
>>
Any chance they'll confirm VR support at the Forza 8 demo tomorrow?
>>
File: evgtpc0f.jpg (170 KB, 640x914)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
What are some budget racing games that you actually enjoyed? I liked the various RPG and skill elements in this one even though it was frustrating a times with the stiff handling and aggressive AI.
Corvette from 2003 is a fun game as well, basically a cheap version of Porsche Unleashed with Corvettes only
I also got soft spot for the Ford Racing series, mainly 2 and 3
>>
>>26293170
for me its total immersion racing
>>
>>26293170
I bought AC for $4.23, played for 96 minutes according to Steam, and refunded it.
>>
>>26293202
the muzak ost dabs on gt4 too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsfIClpLTvI
>>
>>26293212
why are you even here lol
>>
File: images (7).jpg (13 KB, 393x393)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>Super GT video
>finishes in 6th place
>>
>>26292762
Even console sims let you run out of fuel,the hell are you complaining about?
>>
File: 1646143150445.png (2.31 MB, 1920x1080)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
DEAD GAME
NO EXPANSION 2
>>
>>26293112
Probably not because Xbox doesn't have VR and it's supposed to be a "showcase of the power of Xbox Series" or whatever so it'd be silly if PC had more features
>>
>>26293212
Asetto Corsa? That's not a budget game
>>
>>26291896
i have one and it still sucks even with the index native resolution
>>
>>26293300
Well that's very shit. I've been waiting for so many goddamn years for a PC racing game, with progression and career and shit not just a sim, with VR support. F1 2022 was the first game kind of like that but it sucks.
>>
>>26291719
its never going to be good because something something deferred rendering blah blah blah
>>
File: file.png (925 KB, 1280x800)
925 KB
925 KB PNG
Got FM7 working on Steam Deck.
Occasional stutter I assume is cache working its shit and will sort itself out in time.
>>
>>26293369
Sorry I mean FM4
>>
Speaking of VR for some reason Grid Legends got VR support
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yvp5kNZLFE
>>
File: xenia_canary_k3yY1LxGdp.png (1.18 MB, 1280x800)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>26293369
Ive missed this game.
>>
>>26293487
you could have just bought an xbox 360 if you really missed it
>>
>>26293972
No thanks
>>
>>26293972
>own xbox and copy of FM4
>current 360 controllers on the verge of disintegration
>new OEM 360 controllers are $150+tip
i would rather just emulate it
>>
>>26293451
>codemasters center pivot physics in VR
thanks but no thanks
>>
>>26293451
I imagine all their games use Dirt Rally or F1 as a base and those one got VR
>>
>>26294321
Codemasters is just weird with VR implantation, it took em years to properly implant it in Dirt Rally 2.0., as far I recall it.
>>
>>26293325
so in short: ACC will never be good.
>>
What's the chance RBR gets the Puma WRC at some point?
>>
>>26294784
nobody knows apart from the physics autist but with all the hybrid shit I don't know if it's possible at all, the last new car came out more than a year ago, dude should really start opening his shit up in my opinion instead of doing everything by himself
>>
>>26295004
New thread.
>>
>>26294563
correct

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.