[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 8Zw7hWD5ZaquyftsRbEmof.jpg (608 KB, 1280x854)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
why american have a winter beater? here in europe that isnt a thing, we just drive the same car all the year and there are no problem with that
>>
Most people do it because of salted roads, I have a "winter beater" cause it was awd and higher clearance than my normal car which is just fwd.
>>
>>26104365
because americans on average have lots more money and multicar garages.
a 4wd winterbeater is great for snowy salty roads. Then you drive a sportscar for the summer.
>>
I don't want to risk my nice car get dirty or rusty. I actually have two beaters. One for general winter driving and another for when it's snowing since it's 4wd with snow tires.
>>
>>26104372
>>26104373
this, europeans don't drive nice cars, so they don't care about them.
>>
>>26104365
Why wouldn't you have a beater? I don't want my nice cars to get ruined with salt, so I have a crappy car that I don't care about for winter time. Also people suck at driving in the snow and you're a lot more likely to get hit.
>>
>>26104365
> here in europe that isnt a thing
speak for yourself poorfag gypsy
>>
Why would I drive my v8 American muscle car in the winter when I also own a Subaru wrx?
>>
File: 09823-scicon9-truck.jpg (895 KB, 1200x783)
895 KB
895 KB JPG
>>26104365
>>
>>26104365
my 22 year old sports car is rust free and its staying that way
>>
>>26104405
This plus a lot of northern states salt roads which utterly destroys cars. Most people with means will keep a shitty but reliable car for daily/winter duty and a nice car in the garage
>>
>>26104372
SPBP
>>
>>26104365
You pay displacement tax on a 1.6L and share a single 2001 Focus for the entire family. Of course you can't afford a 2nd car.
>>
File: GMT800frame.jpg (106 KB, 600x315)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>26104365
Because shitty northern states salt the roads, and cause cars to rust into pieces when they're barely over 10 years old. Most Americans that aren't stuck in apartments can also afford to have a small fleet of cars, even if they're poor.

I live in the south, though, so here you more want the beater for the rainy summer, while winter/dry season is the time to bring out the nice cars.
>>26104538
This too, engine size doesn't matter here and even the biggest poorfags can still afford to drive a 10mpg truck. In some cases insurance might even be cheaper, too.
>>
>>26104446
Love when they drive past and throw salt and rocks at your car like an MLB pitcher and just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>26104365
does your government cover the road with toxic corrosive sludge for 6 months of the year?
>>
File: winter beater.jpg (1.67 MB, 4032x3024)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>26104372
>Then you drive a sportscar for the summer
If you're poor.
>>
I don't know, I live in the southern US
Silverado year round
>>
Feels good to love in a state where it snows 3in ish maybe 2-3 days a year.
>>
>>26105314
Incredibly based.
>>
>>26104365
Euros also drive a lot less in general.

How many 150k+ mile cars show up for sale over there? We have hella.
>>
>>26104365
Most are retarded. Or as others pointed out, if there's a tenth of an inch of snow on the road our government uses it as an excuse to put salt out and rape our cars.
>>
>>26105575
The roads would be skating rinks if they didn't salt shit. Do you want to have mandatory studded tires?
>>
>muh salt
We have this in Europe too. Even where I live quite far North in Sweden the roads are salted.
Some people have winter cars though, but it's not that common. And honestly quite a few seems to have a winter car that's used as a toy. Like an old Volvo to drift with.
>>
>>26105587
Mandatory good drivers more like.
I've been driving 90s muscle cars since I got my license 10 years ago, none of them having winter tires. Never crashed once in the snow. Spent a decent amount protecting my car from retards with a truck pouring salt all over fucking up my roads and fucking up my fun though. I'd pay money to keep it off the streets. Anyone who crashes because MuH slIPPerINEss should have their licenses revoked. Unless they crashed in a blizzard or when there was actually a butt load of snow, maybe.
>>
File: need AWD.jpg (530 KB, 2016x1512)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
>>26105599
You don't have real winters if you can get by without winter tires on a muscle car.
>>
>>26105604
They're not terrible most days. I live in northern IL. I can see salt being necessary in states with actually regular snowfall but we just don't have that. Have all the fucking salt though. Still a ton out on the roads from a tiny bit of snow weeks ago.
>>
>>26105663
It's not the snow that requires salt. It's the constant freeze-thaw cycles and temperature swings that create ice. Most rural areas don't suffer from this as much as most cities.
>>
>>26105697
>It's not the snow that requires salt.
This. Snowy roads are actually very nice to drive on, feels very soft. Ice is shit.
>>
>>26104365
Salted roads turn cars into rolling rust traps.
>>
>>26105712
This. It's not for snow its for the eventual ice
>>
>>26104365
Because most families have 2 vehicles or more in the us, so it's easy to use one for winter/being beaten up and one 'nice' car
>>
Europeans are 99% gay, I am the 1%
>summer car
>summer beater
>winter beater
>winter drifter
>winter rally car

Still need a summer smoke machine/drifter of some sort
T. Finn
>>
>>26105485
European manual diesels last +200k easily
>>
>>26104446
>that much salt on a flat side road
Easties are insane
>>
>>26105751
the only thing you are is a white trash russian redneck my nigga
>>
>>26105751
>t. finn
lmao who else but finns
>>
>>26104446
Absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>26106663
it is coming up to a stop light you buffoon
>>
File: XGLr9UX.jpg (204 KB, 1024x768)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>26104365
because sometimes having a second car that can handle snow well, and wont mater much if you crash it than buying snow tires for your daily, or even daring to take it out in the snow. salt and all
i miss my winter beater.
>>
>>26104365
Because retard normies who can't drive. See, because these normies can't drive, we need to salt the ever living shit out of the road so they are less likely to die and reduce the number of tax payers actively paying the government (they will still try though). The end result is that within about 5-10 years your car is ruined by rust or stacey slams her suburban into you at 40 mph in a blizzard because she turned the steering wheel and it just wouldn't turn.
>>
>>26106804
>it just wouldn’t turn!
Yep, that’s about what she said
I could see it coming a mile away, she was coming into that turn way too fast. Wheels turn, Subaru continues on a roughly straight path and smacked me while I sat waiting to pull out.
This was after over an hour of successfully dodging absolute retard drivers in every sort of vehicle while driving a RWD BMW with all seasons on it. Captcha twatpk lol
>>
>>26104365
wtf you talking about winter beaters are north european thing, burgers dont even have snow
>>
>>26106785
This wouldnt be salted anywhere in the inland nw.
>>
>>26104365
Hello my name is Salt and I am coming to a home near you.
>>
>>26104365
>have a winter beater
I grew up in Wisconsin where few had these.
>>
>>26107291
>I grew up in Wisconsin
we just drive our winter beaters all year because its fucking frozen here from october to may

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.