[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>12k for a FUCKING autotragic 25 yo Civic sedan

Who the fuck is paying for this shit?
>>
The infinitely cooler CR-V with less miles is cheaper too.

LOL
>>
>>26104079
automatic raises the price a lot
>>
>>26104079
its got a new oil pan gasket tho
>>
People pay a premium to look like idiots and suffer many inconveniences of driving from the passenger seat. It's weird.

>t. Have sold many rhd cars to people
>>
>>26104212
Maybe you're just a retard who doesn't understand how valuable a low mileage unmodified Civic of this era is. I'd gladly settle for rhd
>>
>>26104214
Right in a retard that sells these things for 50 to 100% more than I paid for them
>>
File: USDM Civic CX JP.jpg (421 KB, 2119x1192)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>26104079
People/collectors that want what they can't have, just like people in Japan that overpay to ship an (arguably inferior) USDM, automatic Civic over there instead
https://youtu.be/ZrZuUDhEY2k?t=473
>>
>>26104079
I don't understand why people pay so much for the Japanese version of the car when the European version will often offer the same specs/features for a fraction of the price while also have the steering wheel on the correct side.
>>
>>26104086
slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

>10 point cage with Parachute
>3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
>spec-R full drag suspension
>Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
>1 044 bosch pump
>1200 rc injectors
>golden eagle sleeved block
>cp 10:1 pistons
>Eagle rods
>arp headstuds
>oem h22 headgasket
>Balance shaft delete
>competition clutch twin disc
>Port and polished head
>skunk2 valve springs and retainers
>Str cam gears
>crower stage 1 cams
>aluminium radiator with slim fan
>gsr transmission with itr lsd.
>qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
>k20 rbc manifold
>qsd throttle body spacer
>blox 70mm throttle body
>4bar omni map sensor
>6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
>hks bov
>Garret 102mm turbocharger.
>Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
>44mm tial wastegate
>Custom water to air intercooler set up
>aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
>tuned on chipped p28
>13 inch volks drag rims
>2 15 inch volks rear rims
>arp extended wheel studs
>si cluster
>150 shots of nitrous

im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be
>>
>>26104301
based
>>
It’s the nip tax. The fact that it’s Japanese owned increases the price substantially.
>>
>>26104079
>thing
:|

>thing, japan
:O
>>
>>26104079
zoomers
>>
>>26104214
the car in op isn't unmodified
>>
File: weeb.png (103 KB, 487x392)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>
>>26107280
kek
>>
>>26104301

Dude I could smoke that with my lambo.
>>
>>26104214
>how valuable a low mileage unmodified Civic of this era is
>how valuable

Like $500?

How on Earth did these go from being an embarrassing hand-me-down you got from your frumpy poor mom to being desirable cars? Did people forget that a modded Honda Civic was an underdog because they turned a piece of shit into something just stinky farty smelly? It's like if Smart cars went to the moon in price because of the GSXR swap and people started acting like a base Smart car was a hot rod sports car. Tha fucking what?
>>
>>26108335
Bro nobody cares what your opinion is. Market value is what it is
>>
>>26107110
Most of the things that aren't Japan are no longer running
>>
>>26108335
>it's expensive because people think it's a sports car
Not really. You see the same shit with old Toyotas, the reliability and "they don't make 'em like that anymore" memes are in full effect.
>>
>>26104086
>wing mirrors
soul
>>
>>26108465
But they aren't memes
They're the last of the simple easy to drive easy to fix car
>>
>>26108475
Maybe to some extent, but I think a 2005-2015 Civic with a K-series engine should be equally if not more reliable and still as easy to work and as anything from the 90's.
The price difference isn't that justified in technical terms imo, I think the reputation is why they're so expensive and that's why I call it a meme. The meme is true, but it's also not really exclusive to that specific generation.
>>
>>26108497
Oh you're that troll. I'm done here
>>
>>26108511
Retard or boomer?
>>
>>26108335
While I agree with you 100%, it's supply and demand. People love these cars so much they're willing to pay more for them than say a Ford Taurus. They're simple and easy to work on, very reliable, good on gas, cheap to maintain. It does suck that a reliable car is now being charged for a premium considering the fact that transportation is a necessity but that's what market value is unfortunately. You can only hope that the trend will die soon or start finding other equivalent cars from other manufacturers (particularly American).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.