[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
cable
>>
>>26099068
>no carburetor
Just let the computer handle it, it's already handling everything else bitchboy
>>
>>26099068
cable and preferably have the cable attached to my cock and balls for manual actuation
>>
>>26099076
How do I convert a new car to not have computers
>>
>>26099068
Cable gives less trouble, but can't do any of the fancy stuff like idle control or cruise by itself.
>>
>>26099242
Why would you even care
>>
>>26099258
Why would I not?
>>
>>26099242
Gut it and drop a classic V8 in.
>>
>>26099068
Drive by wire, the user should not be able to control manifold pressure directly.
>>
>>26099068
DBW is for the tards who don't understand that more throttle doesn't always mean more power
>>
DBW seems pretty neat if you're doing custom ECU stuff anyway, watching videos of Rob Dahm or whoever tune their throttle response to react just how they like it is cool.
Obviously the simplicity of the a cable is nice, but there's an awkward point in semi-modern cars that used DBC, but also implemented new features like cruise control and whatever else that adds a lot of complexity elsewhere. Being able to simplify a lot of systems through computer control of the throttle body is nice. I don't think there's any reason DBW has to be less responsive or generally worse than cable, it is just that most vehicles are tuned and setup from the factory for retards so it can feel bad an restrictive out of the box with slow response, lots of rev hang and whatever else.
>>
>>26099068
Depends on your use case, if you enjoy driving and want a responsive vehicle, cable, if you're just an NPC and require a functional transport pod, electronic. These days though you would be hard pressed to find any car with a cable throttle new.
>>
>not gravity feed

onions
>>
>>26099068
It really doesn't matter, ETB's are immensely easier to use and implement.
>>
>>26099266
See you Mario Andretti lol the fuck would anyone on this site even know the difference in actual reality.
>>
>>26099247
>cable gives less trouble
The fucking opposite. getting the idle right on a car you're doing a cable body on is immensely stupid and difficult. Anything that goes wrong in how you set it or how your cable is tensioned or any of it can really fuck up your idle where the car might stall, not idle right, idle way too high, and amongst all the issues.
It is, by far, easier to just set a drive by wire into the correct position because its all computer. You don't have to physically adjust anything, if your electronic throttle body is set wrong you can just fix it in the ECU far quicker and with less hassle than a cable.
>>
>>26099372
>nds on your use case, if you enjoy driving and want a responsive vehicle, cable, if you're just an NPC and require a
post your toolbox, wont happen btw.
>>
>>26099413
All I have to do is loosen a locknut and use a flathead screwdriver. I don't know what the fuck you're on about with the tension shit, all the throttles I've seen have their own spring.
>>
I prefer the mechanical connectedness of a cable and the fact that it gives direct control to the driver. Botnet cars and dbw make me nervous.

>>26099413
How is adjusting a cable a hassle? It's dead simple.
>>
>>26099372
>you’re a npc unless you have instantaneous response instead of milliseconds
Can we just stop larping like this. You’re nobody special and you don’t need this shit to go to shartbucks
>>
dup
>>26091579
>>
>>26099413
on mine the idle is controlled by the idle air control valve which has a hose that bypasses the throttle body and goes to a stepper motor valve. theres another idle adjust screw in the air flow meter but that isnt meant to be touched
>>
>>26099068
DBW is superior because it allows you to run 15:1 compression ratio without blowing the engine to bits when you mash the throttle at 2000 rpm

>>26099372
Something like a 992 RS has lightning throttle response and is DBW.
>>
>>26099423
>trying to accelerate up a hill
>giving it more and more throttle as the van I'm driving stays at the same rpm and slows down to 10mph
>10 seconds later the computer realizes I have it floored and revs to the moon, spinning one tire
Such milliseconds
so responsive
I'd rather have the car do what I say when I say it than have it do whatever it feels like doing.
>>
>>26099500
That's transmission kickdown you fucking retard
>>
>>26099500
Holy shit Anon, stop posting. Forever

Save the world from your ignorant, retarded words
>>
>>26099417
>Having an opinion formed by experience requires shelling out thousands to back it up.
>>26099423
Just drive a cable and electric manual shitbox. It's easy to tell. If you can't, this isn't the board for you.
>>26099496
>Something like a 992 RS has lightning throttle response and is DBW.
One shouldn't have to shell out porche money to get good throttle response.
>>
>>26099500
>>giving it more and more throttle as the van I'm driving stays at the same rpm and slows down to 10mph
lol this never happened.
>>
>>26099643
>>Having an opinion formed by experience requires shelling out thousands to back it up.
Thats what i thought, never speak of this again wrenchlet, fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>26099071
fpbp
>>
>>26099395
?
>>
>>26099500
do autofags really?
>>
>>26099701
proper NPC
>>
Electronic, because it has a more linear power delivery.

https://youtu.be/mm6SSeLivqE
>>
File: 1669090000615.jpg (102 KB, 561x693)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>26099242
Get a carbed LS3 swap
>>
>>26099712
>it's more linear
lol what's with all the people who only drive car simulators
>>
>>26099720
Watch the video for an explanation on why I'm correct.
>>
>>26099685
Says the retard who never grew up with cable throttle. No one thinks you're cool for strapping a fart can to your civic.
>>
>>26099704
Do they drive a dodge caravan owned by the business they work for? Yeah, occasionally. The thing has the throttle response of the average weed-obsessed zoomer.
>but muh transmission kickdown!!!!
Why wait until the vehicle has slowed down 40 mph to accelerate instead of just accelerating when I push the pedal down?
If I could drive my manual FC for work I would, but it doesn't exactly have the cargo space needed.
>>
>>26099899
>Says the retard who never grew up with cable throttle.
kill yourself wrenchlet
>>
>>26100020
Thanks for confirming your retardation. No one will ever be impressed by your rats nest wiring.
>>
>>26100036
>your rats nest wiring.
Stupid ass fucking wrenchlet
>>
>>26100038
Bet your civic is an autotragic that you neutral drop to race the unaware crossover in the next lane over.
>>
>>26100059
Fucking idiot
>>
>>26100061
You're only confirming every speculation put forth that you're a fucking retard who bought the big kit at hazard fart. Now you stand on the peak of Mt. Stupid proclaiming to all that you are the wrench god because you strapped some bolt ons to your civic after watching some YT videos. Your options at this point are either to put up or shut up and close the tab.
>>
>>26099738
No. You're not correct. I don't need to watch a video about what a fucking stupid busrider you are. You don't even understand what "linear" means or what's "linear" about it.

Go clean your room because you're almost out of good boy points in front of thanksgiving.
>>
Alright, someone with an engineering background feel free to correct me but surely the few milliseconds it takes an ECU to receive an input and act on it is imperceptible next to time for an open throttle body to let air in+ignition+engine pushing through driveline and transmission slop+tire flex all delaying actual car movement, right?

Ignoring that one retard bitching about his 4 cyl autotragic bogging and shifting, I just can't imagine the mental gymnastics required to think that cable throttles are solving any real issue. Sure, some cars slow throttle position changes for emissions, but that's fixed by a $300 tune. For everything else going electronic actually simplifies the car. My last car had a laggy and overzealous idle intake valve, a cruise control actuator+cable, and a throttle cable that loved to hop off its bracket. Current car just had an electric throttle body.
>>
>>26100286
>My last car had a laggy and overzealous idle intake valve, a cruise control actuator+cable, and a throttle cable that loved to hop off its bracket.
>my last car was a piece of shit
>THAT MEAN CABLE THROTTLE LE BAD!!
sort yourself out
>>
>>26099297
cuck
>>
>>26100304
>Cable throttles create problems that you can 80% fix with a beer can restrictor plate and never using cruise control
>Your current car is a piece of shit
>THAT MEANS THROTTLE CABLE LE GOOD

I bet you also think carburetors are good. You're a retard trying to circlejerk around obsolete garbage that makes your shitbox worse.
>>
>>26100286
>>26100315
So your basing your stance on having a poorly maintained car? Am I reading this right? 3 out of 4 of my cars have cable driven throttles and don't have the problems you're talking about. Also, funny enough the dbw car was the only one to have the throttle body itself fail and need to be replaced.
>>
>>26099068
Cable is better for feel since it's a direct ohysia connection. If you're into tuning cars for high HP, you have do many features available to you with a DBW throttle, it's hard to beat. They're also easier to physically setup than a cable throttle.
>>
>>26100321
An electric throttle replaces multiple systems with a single motor.

An ECU controlling the throttle body allows for much higher efficiency with no noticable loss of power or response.

Throttle cable cars either idle higher than needed so that the A/C doesn't kill it or have a retarded and inefficient secondary throttle body, and either don't even have cruise control or have an extra (electronic, oh no!) motor+cable. All so that you can larp racecar driver and tell yourself you totally notice a few milliseconds of delay as your automatic Kia Rio lurches in the general direction of a lower gear.
>>
>>26100339
>An electric throttle replaces multiple systems with a single motor.
Yes, and in my experience that motor failed rendering the car inoperable.
>An ECU controlling the throttle body allows for better emission control by closing the throttle blade slower
FTFY.
>Throttle cable cars either idle higher than needed so that the A/C doesn't kill it or have a retarded and inefficient secondary throttle body
DBW cars idle higher when you turn on the a/c too silly, lets not play completely retarded here guy. Also, in my experience DBW cars overcompensate for the ac being on and become too touchy off the line.
>All so that you can larp racecar driver and tell yourself you totally notice a few milliseconds of delay as your automatic Kia Rio lurches in the general direction of a lower gear.
Lol, the anger and projection. The only auto I own is backing a V8 in a comf mobile. But yes, I'll also enjoy my cable operated throttle body and clutch with a shifter that goes directly into the trans in my other V8 powered car with it's hydraulic power steering too. You enjoy your numb commuter pod that you'll be too embarrassed to post after this with its DBW, EPS and other gay shit.
>>
>>26100063
Dumbass fucking faggot
>>
>>26100336
>better for feel
>THROTTLE FEEL
>pulling a cable against a spring
>>
>>26100392
In other words, I'm right. Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>>26100395
LAMO fucking retard
>>
>>26100385
So because you had one part failure it is better to have several more complex systems with more parts to fail? There is just no upside to mechanically controlled throttles. I could understand hating on EPS, but this is on par with carburetor-bros. It's a larp.
>>
>>26100121
>"I'm correct and here is a quick and convenient video you can watch to see why I'm correct by someone who can explain it better than I could."
>"BRO, I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO WATCH THAT BUT YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE I SAID SO."
>>
>>26100407
This is true, I had a idle control valve solenoid crap out on me once. Does that mean I should think everything with a cable actuated throttle is a massive POS now?
>>
>>26100407
>There is just no upside to mechanically controlled throttles.
You're acting like every DBW calibration is the same. There are good ones and bad ones and the bad ones are noticeably bad. For you to say you can notice this in EPS but not in DBW is a larp you fucking retard.
Also.
>didn't post his commuter pod
Lol, called it.
>>
>>26100426
Yes. Choosing to have 5X more moving parts for the sake of muh 5ms throttle reaction time is dumb. I wouldn't avoid a car over it but I'm not the one who started this idiotic debate.
>>
So many stupid ass broke wrenchlet faggots itt.
Fuck carbs. Fuck cables.
>>
File: Capture.png (921 KB, 1003x549)
921 KB
921 KB PNG
>>26100432
>>
>>26100437
>Choosing to have 5X more moving parts for the sake of muh 5ms throttle reaction time is dumb.
Cable.
>pedal
>cable
>throttle linkage
DBW.
>pedal
>potentiometer
>wiring to ecu
>wiring from ecu
>harness
>stepper motor
Wow, still 3 moving parts but with more chances for failure.
>>26100445
Are you the schizo from earlier shitposting about tools and not posting their car?
>>
>>26100450
>filename is Capture.png
Lol.
>>
>>26100454
>and not posting their car?
Why would I post anything for some dumb as fuck wrenchlet faggot. You're literally a 0 asking a wrench god to step down and interact with some dumbass subhuman, I won't do anything besides ridicule you fucking retards. Get on my level you tender palmed cock sucker LMAOOO
>>
>>26100465
>more schizo posting
Cool starry bra.
>>
>>26100450
>spokes go to to the very outer edge of the wheel
Ugly as shit, also LAMO at faggots with stock cars talking about throttle response
>>
>>26100394
Kek, YOU CAN FEEL THE AIR GO THROUGH IT BRO
>>
>>26100461
>>26100474
If you'd like a tortilla pic I'm all out of bread. Full pic has other people/cars. Actually fuck that, you're some retarded busrider larping about fixing up dad's old chevette.

Car has perfectly fine throttle response from day one, I've done a little to it since pic but don't intend to fuck with the intake side at all. Tune does take care of what rev hang there is (less than my previous IAC valve'd POS)

>>26100454
>Cruise control motor
>Cruise control cable
>Cruise control throttle linkage
>IAC valve
>IAC valve position sensor
>IAC valve wiring
>OH NO CABLE THROTTLE CARS FROM THIS CENTURY ALSO REV HANG, MUH ONE UPSIDE NOOOOOO
>>
>>26100510
>less than my previous IAC valve'd POS)
Fucking idiot lambo
>>
>>26100510
You still never actually responded to the point I made >>26100432 about not all dbw calibration is the same and you've even alluded to not being happy with yours and changing it through a tune. Earlier were pretending like this is a $300 common stance, but you're ignoring that people do this because they're not happy with their DBW calibration. It sounds like you have stockholm syndrome to DBW desu.
>i swear it can be gud, if you just spend money on a tune
>>
>>26099361
Only non-retarded post itt
>>
>convert energy to do work in another location
>convert energy to do work in another location, nostalgia goggles

Symptom of autism is inability to handle change well, btw
>>
>>26100567
>I love throttle delay the post
>>
>>26100575
>I've only ever driven shitboxes: the post
>>
>>26100575
Works on my machine
>>
>>26099068
I have a Bluetooth one, saved me time on pulling the cable but you have to pair it with the pedal every time you turn on the car.
>>
>>26100394
It's a direct physical connection between your foot and the throttle plate. Not sure what's hard to understand about that
>>
>>26100567
The inability to process nuance is also symptom of autism. Sorry to be the one to have to inform you about your condition Anon.
>>26100575
I think that was more an autistic rant about not understanding the discussion of linearity, response, complexity e.t.c.
>>26100584
>>26100586
>I swear its gud after this $300 tune
>>
>>26100595
>$300 tune
Not needed when you buy a good car from the get go and not a grocery getter
>>
>>26100588
What does that have to do with "feel"?
>>
>>26100599
Then why did >>26100450 need one for a Miats? Aren't these supposed to be "sporty"? They're pretty much the antithesis of a "grocery getter".
>>
>>26100601
Drive a car with each and you'll understand.
>>
>>26100602
Don't know if you realized, but it's using a grocery getter engine
>>
>>26100602
I've seen lighter flywheels recommended to help offset the delay of the ND's dbw system.
>>
>>26100601
>what does physical connection vs digital have to do with feel
You might be so retarded you couldn't actually comprehend the answer
>>
>>26100604
Lmao nigga I have, I've also ridden motorcycles with both. The only difference I've noticed in "feel" is that cables are harder to pull. Getting all autistic over the the texture of the throttle is retarded.
>>
>>26100286
There's also no tactile feedback
>durr just add a spring
No, it still sucks.
>but newer is better
Not this time.
>but all my ideal equations
Only work your napkin
>just flash it
So you admit that all e-throttle cars come broken from the factory, whereas real throttles don't. Thanks for engineering corn cob holders and pinwheels or whatever your background is.
>>
>>26100955
>So you admit that all e-throttle cars come broken from the factory, whereas real throttles don't.
Not broken, but cucked yes. The thing is tho ecu unlock is the first thing you do after getting a good car. Next step is catalyst removal. Then you decide if you are going to turbo or try all motor power (aka 0 power).
>>
>>26101054
I said the car is broken from the factory if it has an e-throttle. Obviously the e-throttle is going to work unless there was a design or manufacturing defect. Although it still won't ever work as well as a real throttle.
>>
>>26100532
You retards are ignoring that IAC valves or electric throttle control in some other form is present on almost all mass production cars made in the last 25 years, even if there is a cable running from pedal to throttle body. If you go pre-rev hang you then get 80s malaise garbage. They haven't made non-cucked mass production cars in forty goddamn years.

You guys are such fucking wrenchlets. I'll take my Miata's tunable rev hang over an IAC valve you can't really remove. Post engine bays so I can circle the cucky bits for you or get back to watching for your bus stop.
>>
>>26099715
>still has to tune a timing module
NGMI
>>
I like the hybrid my late 90s Lexus has
Theres still a cable but theres also a bunch of electronic bullshit on it, probably for cruise or traction control. I think putting it in "snow mode" greatly reduces how much you can actually open the throttle.
>>
>>26099068
Carburetors have SOVL so neither.
>>
>>26102240
Absolutely malding
>>
>>26102240
doesnt the iacv just control idle air speed?
>>
>>26102271
>sovl is being unable to drive your car below zero
>>
>>26102308
It also opens under load and causes rev hang on manuals. If you unplug it on many cars you'll idle fine (no AC) and mysteriously drop RPMs much faster when shifting. My final setup on the shitbox I bitched about was to leave it unplugged 9 months out of the year
>>
>>26099242
put a carb and a distributerater on it
>>
>>26101274
>Although it still won't ever work as well as a real throttle.
fucking idiot and wrenchlet
>>
>>26102240
IAC has no more to do with throttle quality than an idle jet and a high idle solenoid. At worst you get more of buck when the A/C cycles on and off if the implementation is poorly calibrated or there just isn't enough torque available at part throttle to deal with it smoothly.
>>
>>26102342
Has nothing to do with it. There's no defense for an e-throttle if you have to replace the throttle body and a bunch of other this just to get the car to work right. That car is by definition broken from the factory.
>>
>>26102353
IAC valves on non-ancient cars open up to match TPS and guarantee you can't just slam the throttle closed. Cars have to meet the same emissions standards regardless of throttle type.
>>
>>26100454
Electric systems are generally more reliable than mechanical counterparts. That's even more so true now that everything is made in china, where they couldn't make a proper cast part or bushing to save their insectoid lives
>>
>>26102329
hmm interesting, am going to manual swap my car in about 3 weeks. from what ive read nobody seems to have issues with the iacv post-swap but now im very curious, gonna read the factory manual to see how it works when i get home.
>>
>>26102369
>guarantee you can't just slam the throttle closed
i thought thats what the dashpot was for
>>
>>26102416
To be fair, just like with electric throttle bodies it depends on manufacturer tuning. Some are perfectly fine, others force you to shift slow if you want to match RPMs.
>>
>>26099242
>machine intake manifold to take a carbie
>fit carbie
>ignore computers
>>
>>26102369
There's a throttle stop for that on a real car.
>>
>>26102475
Still haven't seen a single engine bay...
>>
>>26100397
Seems you still can't put together a single argument.
>>
>>26102478
Yeah I've never adjusted my throttle stop, adjusted the cable to keep the slop out of the system, cleaned my IAC, and finally determined there was a dead spot just off throttle on the TPS. Makes tons of sense.
>>
>>26102912
Now that we're actually talking about how pre-electric throttle body systems work, they seem kinda complicated, error prone, and imprecise.
>>
>>26103512
Not really. Car before that was a plain old carb. I had to rebuild it because it was all old and broken, but that's a $30 kit and like maybe an hour of taking it apart and putting it back together and then roughing it back in based on marking where all the screws were ahead of time to use as a starting point. Probably faster if you'd ever done it before.

Then later tied some wire from the the right place on the throttle cable to the linkage to the secondary throttle because I was curious why the secondary never opened all the way at WOT. So I got it in the right place to finally go all the way open just at the last bit of pedal travel. Were the results impressive? Not really, but it wasn't a very impressive engine and that little last bit made your 80s shitbox kind of difference without running rich making any important difference for passing emissions. And yeah you could feel the extra tug back in the pedal when it was pulling the secondary open even faster than when it began to add to the pedal load.
>>
>>26103512
Yeah, which is why there's a lot of adjustable stuff, it takes a buch of work, but you can get everything juuuust right
>>
>>26099068
Cable. Electric throttle body, especially the early one suck ass. Just a simple loose connection is enough to throw a car into limp mode.
>t. Owned a GTI that will throw EPC lights over bumps.
>>
File: sneed_stars.jpg (10 KB, 242x136)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>26099068
Whatever they put in a $14k car that werks
>>
>>26099413
>my 2003 cable throttle body
>just werks
>opens when I tell it to
>dads 2016 electric throttle body
>dies randomly and leaves him stranded
>when it works it ignores your input and opens slowly with a delay because it just has to ok?
>>
File: 1669304737219954.webm (2.14 MB, 320x568)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB WEBM
>>26099068
Mechanical is always best.
>>
Intake systems with mechanical throttle bodies are more complex and fail more often. The average person here is a busrider or a coping poorfag.
>>
>>26106717
>1991 f250 with cable throttle
>half to push gas pedal 30 percent before it werks because it's stretched farther than your dad's ass. Randomly gets stuck open until you mash the pedal a few times

Based
>>
>>26099068
My car uses drive by cable, much easier to clean since you can just jam it open, and the throttle response is instantaneous.
Unfortunately the combination of a small engine, DBC, single mass flywheel and manual transmission requires some level of skill to drive smoothly.
>>
>>26099076
/thread, carbiechads stay winning
>>
>>26106788
>Intake systems with mechanical throttle bodies are more complex
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>26106843
They are physically more complex if you don't count the whole computer controlled part of the electric ones, just a wire and a dc motor vs cables and linkages.
>>
>>26106843
>IAC valve that also rev hangs
>Cruise control solenoid that works like the world's worst electric throttle body
>Fuel shutoff traction control
>Dashpot for even more rev

This whole subject is as retarded as defending vacuum based climate control. It's just a circlejerk of contrarian wrenchlets hating all progress.
>>
>>26106850
>They are physically more complex
man youre so fucking stupid it blows my mind
>>26106886
>This whole subject is as retarded
its not retarded, enthusiasts need to be pilled on the superiority of electronic throttle control. i used to hate etc untill i took the etc pill.
>>
>>26106942
>enthusiasts need to be pilled
No you're obviously the retard.
>>
>>26106947
>No
stopped reading right there, retardo-kike
>>
>>26106948
You do a lot of not reading, I'm beginning to think you can't.
>>
File: confused.gif (2.67 MB, 480x268)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB GIF
>>26099068
>mfw when you have speaker cables and winch wires yet cable is mechanical and wire is electric
electric with revmatching and automated clutch/gear shift >>>>> anything
>>
>>26106950
>You do a lot of not reading,
way too much dumbass wrenchlet posting bro i cant be bothered to process the entire comment if i stumble upon some dumb as fuck shit early on. Its easier to just warn others like me to not waste time processing and replying to the comment.
>>
>>26107021
>others like me
The "enthusiasts" who don't know which throttle body to bolt to their engine.
>>
>>26107025
Bro shut the fuck up, this entire convo isnt for you dumb ass 0 wrench nigger.
>>
>>26100394
I see you haven't driven both. Shame.

I prefer cable. Physical connection between driver and machine, up to driver to learn how to play the machine of fire and force as a master.
>>
>>26106942
It's retarded. A modern car makes more power with less gas and lasts longer than your 90s shitbox.
>>
>>26099361
Basically this, going to do DBW with a Link G4 on my two-jizz, once I go with coil packs (bye dizzy) and MAP sensoring (bye AFM), and supercharger.
>>
>>26106795
Literally can be solved by using a few zip ties as spacers. Cletus-tier engineering will outlast all.

>>26106850
Why argue based on the physical complexity (which I'm doubt is even a good position, since it's really nothing more than a cable instead of a motor its linkages) while ignoring the whole inseparable package of electronics that make up the tb?

>>26107141
See my first point. Let me know when your modern vehicle hits 30 y/o and 350k.
>>
>>26107174
>Why argue based on the physical complexity (which I'm doubt is even a good position, since it's really nothing more than a cable instead of a motor its linkages) while ignoring the whole inseparable package of electronics that make up the tb?
because hes a fucking idiot and i salute you for breaking it down for him. i will never have the patience to deal with these wrenchlets. Your reply probably wont even make sense to him lamo
>>
>>26107141
...dumbass fucking idiot how the fuck do you get lost in a convo this simple kys
>>26107135
>up to driver to learn how to play the machine of fire and force as a master.
>but I'll let the computer do ignition and fuel control
what's your fascination with only controlling manifold pressure? Dumbass boomer scared of a fucking laptop is what you are.
>>
>>26107348
>noooo you can totally only change engine parameters if you have an ETB
Kys retard.
>>
There is no better option, there is only what you prefer.
DBW is superior in reliability, tunability and mass-production, mechanical cables are good for DYI home gamers who LARP as race car mechanics.
>>
>>26107358
I hate that software in cars is so closed down.
Anyone should be able to plug into the ECM and play with whatever they want, and the software should be freely available.
GPL car when?
>>
>>26107407
It's closed down because so many adult males think they can handle a wildly out of tune car. They don't let you fuck with the ECU because they know you're a liability, you will crash and injure yourself and you will blame it on the manufacturer when it was your fucking fault to begin with.
Idiot.
>>
>>26099068
at this point its pure semantics. drive by wire setups can be just as responsive with the added benefit of being ecu controlled (read: adjustable). the reason they aren't is because retards occupy the road.
>>
>>26099068
I can make the left one go BRRM BRRRRMRMMM from the engine bay.
>>
>>26107358
There are two kinds of opinions: correct ones and wrong ones. You've chosen to have the wrong opinion for no reason at all. Why did you chose to be wrong? Is it due to child sexual molestation?
>>
>>26107724
You could no more adjust an ECU than you could turn a screw. Go back to your stage 3.5 and a half chiptune so you can brag about driving a modified car at a car meet and then slam it into a light pole trying to show how you can now burn rubber.
>>
>>26107796
Yes
>>
>>26107723
I should have the freedom to make any decisions I want.
Your argument is also very stupid. If I cut my brake lines and then crash I can't blame the manufacturer.
>>
>>26107798
>You could no more adjust an ECU than you could turn a screw.
ECU tuning gives you way more options. You can have adaptable throttle response depending on gear, non linear response, auto revmatching, flat foot shifting, more accurate cruise control, etc.
>>
>>26107953
Options to do what? Stage 3.6 instead of stage 3.5? It's a fucking butterfly valve in a pipe. What do need to change about it? A slightly different cam if it's too twitchy for your vegan foot to modulate?
>>
>>26107959
See
>>26107953
>>
>>26107975
So there's no reason to electronicalify it at all. You just jerk off to your car having more stupid features than the next guy instead of actually driving it. Typical moron. Go reprogram your goyphone ring and get back to playing VR driving games.
>>
>>26107984
See
>>26107953
>>
>>26107984
>So there's no reason to electronicalify it at all.
Shut the fuck up dumbass
>>
>>26107985
It's like you're going for negative reasons instead of simply no reasons at all.
>>
>>26107990
See
>>26107953
>>
>>26107990
But bro, with a $300 tune it can be almost as responsive as a cable throttle.
>>
>>26107998
> almost as responsive
Fucking idiot
>>
>>26107998
I literally need a computer to shift for me bro. I just need to upgrade it first.
>>
>>26108001
0/10
>>26108002
No dude, adding extra complexity is gud I swear on me mum!
>>
>>26108008
>educate me bro
Not a chance in hell you fucking faggot LAMO
>>
>>26099068
Drive by vacuum
>>
Electronics respond so quickly that you would never be able to tell the difference.
If your throttle feels shitty, it's because it was made that way on purpose.
Buy a better car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyKBKUkFJVA
>>
>>26108021
That's how cruise control used to work. Vacuum operated second throttle cable
>noooo I need stage 4 cruise control because it's more precise
>>
>>26108028
That's the point tardball. All e-throttles are programmed to be shitty. All for exactly no good reason.
>>
>>26108032
>All for exactly no good reason.
what a fucking retard lol
>>
>>26108014
see
>>26108008

>>26108028
>If your throttle feels shitty, it's because it was made that way on purpose.
>>26108032
Electronic throttle bodies are simply devices that allow the computer to keep the throttle open for a cleaner burn. They suck because they're made to open and close slower. Sure you can tune it, but that costs money and still will never be as responsive as a direct mechanical connection.
>>
>>26108039
Right I forgot about reprogramming it to simulate ITBs for even more realism. My preferred mapping simulates me having 16 cylinders instead of 3, and it even adds a different ringtone to my interior speakers.
>>
>>26108032
Never seen anyone on a motorcycle complain about it
>>26108048
>and still will never be as responsive as a direct mechanical connection.
The difference is so tiny that it will never matter and no one in a double blind test would be able to tell the difference
>>
>>26108056
It's almost tragic you fucking mouth breathers get such cheap access to internet
>>
>>26108058
>I've never seen anybody on a motorcycle complain
>therefore my reprogrammable holodeck simulation obviously superior to the real thing, and I can even reprogram it to be even more worse than the real thing
lel
>>
>>26108066
Response looks fine to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4-I5EWa9m8
>>
>>26108069
I, too, drive by looking at youtube videos
>>
>>26108066
>holodeck
Stopped reading right there, confirmed ass blasted retard, confirmed 0 wrenches
>>
>>26108048
I wouldn't mind dbw if only they make the parts cheaper. fucking throttle pedal with two potentiometer costs $250, the throttle body with motor costs another $300! I live in turd world cunt so it hurts quite a bit. cabled throttle body rarely fails. on efi car, it's usually the tps that goes out first. and that's way cheaper to change than the entire electronic throttle body assembly.
>>
>>26108079
I've had the 24" torque wrench on the passenger seat for months because it makes for a flatter place to put things that might spill at seat angle. And nobody's even broken in to steal it. It will probably winter there because I don't intend to rotate until summer.
>>
>>26108087
The fuck do you need a torque wrench at hand for while driving fucking dumbass wrenchlet poser fucking retard. Nobody took it cuz you got it at harbor freight and nothing it touches will be torqued to spec lamo.
>>
>>26108076
Look with your special eyes
>>
>>26108093
lugnuts. some of us actually blow a tire in the middle of nowhere and need to get the full size out of the back because the donut isn't going to cut it. You know, those things you learn about once you actually own a car.
>>
>>26108098
>lugnuts
Lamo you still can't tighten these down without the clicker you pathetic little faggot. How often do you get blowouts lol do you run those mexi-melt 30$ specialty tires you fucking spic faggot.
>>
>>26099242
it would be much cheaper to just get an old car
>>
>>26108103
I don't know where I left my regular 1/2" and didn't have time to hunt around for whatever special place I put it in. Or maybe it grew some legs and walked away while I wasn't around.
>>
>>26108058
>>26108069
Who gives a fuck about motorcycles?
>>26108079
Are you the same larper that posts screenshots from videos of motorcycles to pass them off as your own?
https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?341971-Sensitive-Throttle-frustration
>>
>>26107728
Based answer.
>>
>>26108114
oh yeah well you can just reprogram the ECU to make it go brrrrr for you! dumbass! wrenchlet!
>>
>>26108112
>Who gives a fuck about motorcycles?
People who desire a real and raw connection with the vehicle they are using.
Car fags always go on and on about muh feedback and feel but motorcycles have cars beat in those regards.
>>
>>26108119
all this cope for an e-throttle
>>
>>26108112
>E-throttle is crap, they feel dead and have bad response
>NOO IT'S ACTUALLY TOO SENSITIVE AND RESPONDS TOO QUICKLY
???
>>
>>26108125
If you can't feel and hear the throttle body opening even with drive by wire then you are a shitter.
>>
>>26108147
Lol
Lamo even
>>
>>26108161
Why eliminate feeling from a normal throttle? You can hear both. There are literally no benefits outside of things that don't matter like installing rev hang for emissions numbers that wouldn't matter even if they were measuring emissions that actually mattered.
>>
>>26108197
You don't feel the cable with decent. You feel pedal resistance. Same with dbw. You only feel a delay with dbw because it's programmed. If dbw is programmed properly then it feels no different to dbc.
That being said, dbc is still better for other reasons. I'm not driving a 800hp race car I don't need custom throttle profiles based on weather and surface conditions etc. I like the simplicity of dbc. And the fact I can rev the engine from the engine bay.
>>
>>26099068
Drive by wire is fine as long as it actually listens to you and doesn't second guess you like a lot of the shitty laggy ones do.

"Are you sure you wanted to go or did gram gram's foot slip? I'm going to wait a minute just to be sure"

Drive by cable can be difficult to get the throttle opening just right for maximum acceleration vs. a computer actively monitoring air intake and adjusting everything correctly.
>>
>>26108219
>And the fact I can rev the engine from the engine bay.
ahhhhh, there it is, the fucking one argument you faggots can actually make. kys btw.
>>
>>26108219
tell me lies little sweet little lies
>>
DBW is more soulful

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.