[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 20220923_142445.jpg (456 KB, 716x954)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
Can anyone tell me if this cables are connected correct? The negative outlet from the car battery has one red cable connected to it and the positive outlet has another red cable connected to the car battery.

The reason I'm asking is because every time I charge the car battery the next day the battery dies. I'm wondering if the red cable connected to the negative outlet on car battery is draining the battery. Or maybe the car battery doesn't work no more. Should I disconnect the red cable on the negative outlet and put some black tape around it? He has no speakers connected to the AMPLIFIER

It's my dad's car and my dad was fucking around with
>>
File: 20220923_142827.jpg (393 KB, 720x932)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
Here's the AMPLIFIER
>>
>>25919988
The problem with that set up is that it is inherently "lossy," both to the battery and to audio quality.
It will drain the battery and make your music sound awful.
Hearing the difference now isn't the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.
>>
>>25920011
based and rotational velocidensitypilled
>>
Let me guess, you didn't connect the remote wire? That makes the amp idle constantly and nuke your battery instead of properly turning off with the car.
>>
>>25920053
Wtf is that? Bro it's not my car. So how would I fix this? Should I disconnect both red cables?
>>
>>25920053
Oh also I use 128kbps only for my iPhone. I have a launch 8GB iPhone, so I run out of space if I use the original bitrate, so I check the "convert to 128kbps when transferring" option in iTunes. The files on the PC stay original bitrate, but the iPhone uses 128kbps versions.
>>
>>25919988
>red cables running from both terminals
Good goyim. Hard to tell from potato pic. It could be ok. If it runs and shit’s not starting on fire, then it’s not hooked up backwards. Like other anon said, likely somebody messed up and it’s always powered so it’s draining the battery when the car is off. Aftermarket stereo wiring is the worst because so many retards will half ass that stuff.
>>
>>25920264
So what should I do? I charged the battery and left it charging for an 1hour. Drove it and when I turned off the car. The car wouldn’t start
>>
>>25920345
Put a fucking switch on it and turn it off when you aren't using it.
>>
>>25920345
Disconnect the shitty amp? Do you use it? I would rip out the extra cables amd try to restore it to the stock battery cable setup. Also you might want to test the battery, it’s likely fucked. Normal lead acid batteries get damaged when they are drained a lot, so if that thing has been sucking juice and the battery is at like 5% charge all the time, the battery is probably done.

If you want to keep the amp, do some research and install the shit properly. There are different circuits on the car, some are active all the time and some are only active when the ignition is on. Wouldn’t be the first time somebody used the wrong one installing aftermarket BS and drained their battery.
>>
>>25920392
What switch? Can you point me to the right direction?
>>
>>25920457
How do I disconnect the amp? Do I take off the red cables of the battery? The AMPLIFIER is not in use. My dad hasn't had a speaker on it in a long time.
>>
File: x500mrpm450-L.jpg (24 KB, 620x378)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>25920392
>>25920457
This is the AMPLIFIER mrp-450
>>
File: 20220923_173011.jpg (417 KB, 720x939)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
Is the switch?
>>
>>25920539
>>25920473
Tbqhwy, before you electrocute yourself, you could probably just pull the 2 fuses in the first pic and the 1 fuse in the other pic and see if it fixes the problem.

But as mentioned before, your battery might already be toast. It’s hard to tell what is going on with wiring with 2 pics. I see duct tape on the damn battery terminal so I’m assuming it’s a hackjob.
>>
>>25920640
Can I just remove the AMPLIFIER cables? He doesn't use the amp
>>
>>25920657
Maybe start with the fact that it's unused. Just rip the thing out and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>25919988
>>25919995
>That install job
Your days are numbered, Cletus.
>>
>>25920458
Some random hardware switch from home depot
>>
>>25919988
there's a simple way to test it
unplug the battery and leave your car for a day or two
if it's drained then it's a battery issue
otherwise bring your car to a car electrician to check it out
>>
>>25920657
Yes. My concern was that you don’t seem totally competent and whoever hacked that together may have done some dumb shit. If you pull the amp cables, make sure the existing battery cables are still in good condition and you don’t have live wires hanging around. I don’t want to see the car burn to the ground.
>>
>>25920828
Alright I'll remove the amp cables from the battery. The existing cables still look good. Should I add tape to the amp cables or just completely remove the cables from the amp too?
>>
>>25920841
As long as the amp cables are clear from the battery, it should be fine. Main concern would be having a cable hooked up to the battery dangling around and shorting out on something.
>>
>>25920857
>Main concern would be having a cable hooked up to the battery dangling
They won't. Thanks for the help will try it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.