[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1663950354271948.png (28 KB, 689x464)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
pic related
>auto manufacturers already lose money on cash price of cars, only make money when someone takes out a loan
>interest rates go up, noone can afford the loans
>inflation
>cars have to be priced at real market value which is +100% on current prices
>auto manufacturers go bankrupt (again)

the era of the car is OVER and it will be GLORIOUS when a fiat pinto is 70k
there is also NOTHING that can save the industry, other than lobbying the government for bailouts
the car is inherently the most expensive and inefficient way to travel
i repeat: there is NOTHING they can do to save the car
>>
Enjoy being CAGED in communism, /n/igger.
>>
>continues to drive 40 year old cars
shit your pants about it
>>
>>25919804
all this means is the market will be corrected soon. The world can't get along with out cars because we do not have a better alternative yet.
>>
>>25919804
>auto manufacturers already lose money on cash price of cars, only make money when someone takes out a loan
you are a know nothing fucking idiot. dealers BUY their inventory from the MANUFACTURER, the mfg gets it's money regardless and up front. the DEALER is the one who profits off of financing because they get KICKBACKS from whatever banks they partner with for selling loans (Because then obviously the bank profits from your interest), and usually the they partner with their own brands loan shop unless they're a used/multi brand dealer. dealers DON'T just flat out lose money on a cash sale on on the principal of it being cash alone, they lose on EXTRA money from the bank. the only way they lose money on just the sale itself is if no one wants it and they just want to be rid of it, then they might sell it at a loss. but otherwise no you literally couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>25919935
Exactly right, the real problem here isn't the car manufacturers, its the car dealers.
Allow direct sales to lower prices. Heavily regulate service to prevent abuse. Enshrine the Right to Repair in Law.
>>
>>25919935
100% unadulterated cope
>>
honestly this is a good thing. imagine wanting modern car manufacturers to succeed. If they dont make things people want, they can all die.
>>
File: 1535305745163.jpg (259 KB, 1284x980)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>25920209
>make a provably 100% factually correct statement with 0 opinion or subjectivity whatsoever
>get so devastatingly ass mangled you try to claim it's cope, despite it being as opinionated as copy pasting a dictionary definition
ELL
EFF
EMM
AYY
OHH
>>
>>25919975
Sounds like a coming golden age to me.
>>25920282
tranny absolutely unequivocally BTFO
>>
cars will never go away, mass ev will never be viable, blackpillers face the wall first.
>>
>>25920317
nobody is talking about EVs. Fuck new cars regardless of drivetrain.
>>
>>25920317
Blackpill is a stage people need to go through.
>>
>>25919804

It’s simple to say that car manufacturers have gotten too big. Before governments started propping up their respective automotive industries it used to be that ever country had their own car brand or two operating in that specific area, since cars are heavy and hard to transport. All of those big concerns will fall within the next couple of decades and new blood will either buy up the salvage or create new companies outright.
>>
File: 1493937965871.webm (713 KB, 752x560)
713 KB
713 KB WEBM
>>25920323
Dilate, faggot /n/igger.
>>
>>25920402
I'm not talking about that either retard. Fuck /n/.
>>
>>25920317
>mass ev will never be viable
>says increasingly nervous man for the 300th time this year
>>
>>25919804
>inefficient way to travel
Why, then, do we see slave ships and the trains to Auschwitz as inhuman and cruel? Why aren't they being congratulated on efficient transportation?
>>
im going to be honest. i really dont understand how this board has managed to politicize good public transit and civil engineering in cities. I dont understand how a city being easier to walk around and move without a car is somehow impeding on the ability to own cars. I live in an actual big american city and I just think its totally unacceptable and stupid that you still need a car here when the distances between things are so low. WHat would be a 20 minute drive in the country distance wise is an hour+ one here in the city. Its just retarded. I like cars and I've been on /o/ for over ten years and I really dont understand these kinds of discussions at all.
>>
>>25919804
maybe im an idiot or something, but i have no fucking clue wtf the graph is meant to indicate or represent.
>>
>>25920303
Also the nanny government can fuck off with some of its safety regulations that just add to expenses. Backup cameras shouldn't be mandatory.
>>
>>25920867
not only should backup cameras be mandatory, surround cameras should be mandatory
bumpers should be optional

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.