[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: pomogite.webm (924 KB, 1200x1080)
924 KB
924 KB WEBM
The car vibrates like a death trap while driving, feels like its coming from the front left. The steering wheel doesn't vibrate excessively, it drives straight, and turning is fine. While parked it is visibly leaning down on the left side. I'm pretty sure it's a suspension issue, but I don't notice any leakage of oil, nothing seems bent, none of the bushings seem torn (pircel, enjoy the quality). The only thing of note is that it's a bit rusty. Subframe looks dandy. I shook the wheel while it was on and jacked up but didn't feel any play. I'm a wagecuck and I don't want to an hero on the way to hell. I scheduled an appointment with a mechanic but they won't look at it until october fucking 7.

2013 ford focus btw.
>>
>While parked it is visibly leaning down on the left side.
My best guess would be spring
>>
>>25918512
Look at your tire, feel around for bulges since it sounds like you have a separating tire.
>>
>>25918564
probably this. shits old enough that you might need new suspension. leaning low, bad vibrations. symptoms of a dead shock too.
>>
>>25918564
Is there some way I could tell without replacing it?

>>25918586
Didn't see or feel any buldges. New tires were put on about 10,000 miles ago.

Also I have had high velocity impact with the local fauna, but this issue appeared long after that, just faded in. Don't know if that helps.
>>
>>25918564
>>25918609
Im probably gonna buy new shocks and springs if I can't pinpoint it, not like it doesn't need it.
>>
That sticker on the axle going "weeeee" at 70 mph...
>>
>>25918638
Alright dude.
Don't buy random parts for your shitbox Fiesta or whatever the fuck it is.
Stop and focus.
Oh wait, is it a focus?

If it sits lower on one corner than the other but still drives (balljoints and ahit) are still connected then its either spring or spring mount.
Get a friggin tape measure and compare one side to the other.
$20 says the upper perch is fucked and deformed
>>
That subframe mount looked like it was rusted through and snapped off the body
>>
>>25918676
I heard you like dick in yo butt (dick in yo butt)
Yeah, dick in yo butt (dick in yo butt)
We talkin' big struts, hard knots
12 incher? full stop!

What do you want me to measure? A quick visual and tactile inspection shows the left front wheel well to have far less clearence to the top of the tire than on the right. Comparing the distance of the perch (I'm persuming perch means the part the spring sits on) to the first loop of the spring on the front (of the car) shows 1 inch difference.

>>25918683
I didn't feel any play but I'll take a look
>>
>this is the person calling you a busrider
>>
>>25918683
Mount is in place, looks fine.

>>25918725
I wouldn't mind riding a bus to work and then screwing around with my car for whatever else, but the closest thing to public transport round here is hitchhiking.
>>
>>25918512
Pro tip take it to suspension shop for a quote then fix it yourself instead of asking retards on a basket weaving forum
>>
>>25918828
dont fucking do this 90% of mechanics are parts replacers they cant diagnose worth a SHIT
>>
>>25918634
>Is there some way I could tell without replacing it?
I guess measure the spring on each side, kind of pointless I suppose if it's visibly leaning. Just remember you want to do the left and right side together. You could probably wait a bit to do the rear. Would probably also be good to get the alignment done after all four are replaced.
>>
>>25918564
>My best guess would be spring
This
If it leans and it's not the tire than the spring is your next best bet
Sometimes only a small part of the breaks away and it looks like it has a lowered spring on that wheel
>some poorfags did that on purpose with a flex back in the day
>>
>>25918564
>>25918609
>>25918676
>>25919244
>>25919570
Thanks lads. I'll get some springs and come back with the results. Should I succeed I shall reward all of you with a collective sum of 100 billion Zimbabwean dollars worth of NFTs of the 100 billion Zimbabwean dollar bill. Look, I've even arranged them on a plate for you.

>>25918670
Wait till you hear the wind going through the right fender.

>>25918828
Pro tip I'm retarded.
On a side note, whether to your relief or dismay, I was never in mortal danger even if the car was unsafe as I bear more than 1 vehicle. Still a wagecuck though.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.