[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: file.png (910 KB, 1200x800)
910 KB
910 KB PNG
I went on a road trip this week in my eletric car and spent more time charging it then actually enjoying driving.
>>
I do a cozy 20+ hr roadtrip to see family once or twice a year... how much longer would that take considering I only stop for gas, cigarettes and coffee to keep me going?
>>
>>25917140
i didnt ask
>>
No refunds goy
>>
>>25917140
No you didnt. Kill yourself.
>>
>>25917144
Depending on the car, by the time you're back from getting coffee it will be ready to go again.
I've had stops on long trips that have actually gone faster because I could walk away after plugging in and take care of the stuff I needed to do at a rest stop instead of having to stand next to the car while refueling at a gas station before taking care of other stuff.

If you're really driving that kind of distance frequently, you should look into an Aptera Paradigm. Its a little unorthodox, but it will be the cheapest way to make long trips.
>>
>>25917140
Seems unlikely, unless you intentionally stopped somewhere with an L2 charger to chill out, or you have a Fiat 500E or another short range car that isn't meant for trips.
>>
>>25917276
>have to plan your road trips out around where L2 chargers are
kek do eletricfags really?
>>
Can't really imagine driving an electric car is even fun, you just hit the pedal and it moves without cool sound or shifting gears
>>
>>25917242
Bullshit unless everything is within 2 minutes walk of charging station
Why do faggots have to lie compulsively?
>>
>>25917319
Jet fighters launched off an aircraft carrier also don't make a 'vroom vroom' sound or have to shift gears.
>>
>>25917140
I had a couple similar experiences before i sold my model 3 due to continuous battery issues
The lines at superchargers sucked in california especially, not sure how its changed since i went a year ago
>>
>>25917330
Id gladly drive a vehicle with a jet fighter motor in it
I doubt a jet fighter would be anywhere near enjoyable with an electric motor
>>
>>25917339
On the ground an electric motor is faster to accelerate, and handles corners better.
Its why BEVs are killing internal combustion when turbine cars couldn't.

Not to say that turbines don't have a role to play for the future of cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JYp9eGC3Cc
>>
>>25917333
That sucks, never had any battery issues with my Model 3, and never encountered a line at a Supercharger.
>>
>>25917140
LMFAO meanwhile my tacoma has an additional 12 gallon fuel cell and didnt have to visit the gas station on my entire 5 day trip. get fucked npc
>>
>>25917242
>by the time you're back
leaving the pump ready to serve any nigger that walks by while you're inside waiting for other niggers to stop bother the clerk for newports long enough to pay for your coffee.
>>
Nice LARP but you don't own an EV.
>>
>>25917140
I knew EVs are fast, but goddamn!
>>
>>25917366
not that anon but I think you're missing his point
some people like drama when they're driving fast, like rowing through gears and bringing the engine up to redline, and I'd have to agree,
i'd much rather wring out my shitbox up to 100 than just hit the gas and go in a tesla if i want to have fun
>>
>>25918613
Lol
>>
>>25917140
Not to shit up the thread, but how does one enjoy driving a bev? With all the nannies in them I find it hard to believe they would be fun. I wouldn't mind an electric powertrain that didn't have these nannies and a power source that wasn't a battery. Wouldn't even mind going full train and having a diesel generator powering everything.
>>
>>25917330
Those are steam powered. Put the Doble Steam car back in production and I'll buy one.
>>
>>25918731
This.
I mean it is ovbious that OP is a larp, so disregarding that. But how on Earth are you supposed to "enjoy" driving an electric car? There's no joy in anything about them. They're utilitarian tools for midwits so they stop crashing into one another, and pay for subscription services. That's it.
>>
>>25918731
1. Most crossovers don't let you fully defeat traction or stability control
2. Most EVs are crossovers
3. This would mean most EVs would have a certain level of non-defeatable traction or stability control not because they're EVs but because they are crossovers.
4. You can find sport-orinted EVs like the Tesla Model 3 Performance which come with a mode (in this case "track mode") that at least partially defeats stability control to allow more slip and oversteer.
>>
>>25918735
How many electric cars have you driven?
>>
>>25918760
Can you completely disable it on a bev though? Even on modern cuckovers you can pull some fuses and kill those systems. Sure it will be throwing lights but you can still do it.
>>
>>25918767
I don't see why not. BEVs have all the same fuses and ABS stability systems that ICEVs have. You might lose torque vectoring, though.
>>
>>25918802
Thought Tesla didn't use fuses.
Turning off any of that tech would be a good thing. Just spin all four wheels the same speed and let me slide the thing however I want.
>>
>>25918763
3. How many have you driven?
How many bikes?
How many petrol cars?
How many jet fighters?

Dingus.
>>
>>25918822
what
>>
>>25918893
He (you?) asked how many electric cars I've driven.
3. The answer is 3.
I then proceeded with a series of questions to highlight the fact that I know what I'm talking about, and that in all likelihood he's expressed opinions in other areas he's (you're) ignorant in.
Anyway.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.