[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I've been noticing in more left wing spaces a lot of negativity towards electric cars. There will be posts that claim that electric cars are exploitative to workers and the earth, memes about them exploding, and endless anti-Elon Musk rhetoric, all with hundreds or thousands of upvotes. Wtf. It was just a few years ago that right wingers were the ones doing this, now they can't get enough of Elon's dick. Did the world just turn over or something and I missed it?
>>
It's because they say electric cars are still cars, which are incompatible with pedestrian focused cities, still pollute from their brakes and tires, and they are generally large and heavy which is bad for pedestrian safety.
>>
>>25901270
No, it's because the most well known company offering EVs is Tesla and their CEO is le evil nazi chud Elon Musk.
>>
>>25901265
I was laughing when I was reading a forum I used to frequent after Elon Musk became persona non grata for trying to buy twitter and all of a sudden the wokefags were bringing up all the flaws of EVs
>>
>>25901282
>>25901270
its because the left is progressive and contrarian, like 4chan. They want whatever the norm is to move forward with no end goal in mind. When ICE was the future they wanted EVs, and now that it looks like EVs are the future they still aren't happy, and they never will be, also like people on 4chan
>>
The United States will be communist in our lifetime.
>>
>>25901265
Beyond the Elon Musk hate, the leftoid space has been steered towards “not just bikes” type content in recent months to start gearing up for the whole owning nothing thing.
>>
Liberals actually believe that it is feasible for everyone in America to not own a car and take public transportation everywhere.
>>
>>25901265
Many left wing spaces are heavily urban centric types. These folks have almost always wanted urban transit over Car based infrastructure, this is nothing new.

A few of the fringe morons however think all cars should be banned without consideration of basic reality of rail not fucking existing in rural areas.
>>
its cuz elon strongarmed a commiefornia county into letting him open back up a plant, went to texas to open another one with a dumbass cowboy hat, went on joe rogan and smoked weed despite disallowing his employees the same privelige thru piss tests, racism lawsuit for bad behavior at plants, calling a good guy scuba diver a pedo when he revealed his rescue "torpedo" was dumb/just for clout, and he posts on twitter like a 15 year old despite being 55. theres other stuff too and im not sure if all i listed there is 100% but yeah thats it.

what is real though is his incest-loving father
>>
>>25901265
They loved EVs until elon pissed them off. They're disingenuous retards who don't stand for anything.
>>
>>25901265
Very many left wingers are anti Musk.
>>
The approved narrative has changed from "ICE bad, EVs good" to "all cars bad."
>>
>>25901859
Tried to sue top gear first giving a honest review too
>>
File: Honda-Monkey-2.jpg (107 KB, 800x533)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>25901869
They aren't wrong though.
>>
>>25901325
>FB
>>
>>25901265
>I've been noticing in more left wing spaces a lot of negativity towards electric cars. There will be posts that claim that electric cars are exploitative to workers and the earth, memes about them exploding, and endless anti-Elon Musk rhetoric, all with hundreds or thousands of upvotes. Wtf. It was just a few years ago that right wingers were the ones doing this, now they can't get enough of Elon's dick. Did the world just turn over or something and I missed it?
Hey retard why did you waste countless hours on that place
>>
>>25901265
Now that countries are outright banning combustion engines in the foreseeable future, they no longer have to pretend the alterantive is any good. The end-goal was always to get rid of cars entirely, as the people pushing for this all live in the city center where they don't need any, and the more suffering they can instill on the remaining population that can't just go without the better...
>>
>>25901265
>Suddenly
Welcome to 4 years ago. LMAO

Left wing seethes at Musk/Tesla because Tesla became a powerhouse/success. Musk became rich. Left has multiple sides, one side is environmentalism (push for electric), other side is social justice (tranny politics), others are classism (rich man bad).
>>
>>25901859
I thought he killed the cave rescue divers with a desert eagle and raped the dead body. My facebook group told me that Musk cannabalized the body too.
>>
>>25902060
Why not? I'm left wing. While I don't relate much to left wing people in online spaces, it's interesting to see, like watching a nature documentary.
>>
In the leftoid dream world nobody owns anything and has no freedoms. Getting ICE banned is the first step, banning all cars is the 2nd.
>>
>>25901918
Whoa post-op /dbt/rannies look like THIS?!?
>>
>>25901265
It's probably because they are realizing it can create a level of autonomy and autarky for people they might not like.
>>
>>25901325
Seek Jesus and enjoy your shrimpagettes.
>mmmm crunchy....
>>
>>25902276
>>25903331
But what about the right wingers who want everything to be based around Christianity and everything not based around it to be banned? There's people of all ideologies that want to take away freedom.
>>
>>25901265
Oh thank god because I really give a shit what faggots and niggers think about cars they can’t afford
>>
>>25901265
It's since tessies have become so prevalent in the street racing scene.
Tessies are dominating meets all over now and YouTube is full of vids of tessies obliterating everything ICE.
>>
>>25904722
sounds nice, kinda like the 60s, you sounds kinda gay desu
>>
>>25902264
He's not your wholesome chungus ceo fag. Your just defending a pathetic piece of turd
>>
>>25904818
>Tessies are dominating meets all over now
Never seen or heard of this around here. Tesla’s I see are mainly driven by old women with dyed hair. I’d run against one.
>>
>>25904864
>Close all your stores on Sunday or go to jail
>sounds nice
what
>>
Because all the Californians bought electric cars and now they have no power to charge them
>>
File: b8.png (16 KB, 625x626)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
The NPC's are just angry because Elon Musk has become more and more libertarian with time. He's also gotten richer and richer, and thus, has given less and less of a fuck. No matter what he says, the Tesla-train is not stopping. Every time I leave my house, I see them EVERYWHERE. They're not going anywhere.
>>
>>25904991
>This.
He has taken over the enthusiast community too.
Tessies are here to stay, and nobody can stop it.
>>
>>25901265
Because they have always been anti-private car ideologists. Unironically even the niggers are better people than left wingers in my opinion.
>>
>>25904867
Did he rape your mother too? Wow, thanks for the facts.
>>
>>25901265
Summarizing a bunch of posts made before me, it goes like this:
Left wing ideology means self-sacrifice for the good of the group, or whatever is most convenient at the time to call the "community." In this way private ownership of literally anything is a bad thing.
Progressivism means always (and I mean *always*) moving "forward." At no point is progressivism ever allowed to reach an equilibrium. Even if everything to do with racism/sexism/etc etc was solved, it still would not be enough. They'd find something new that *had* to be changed, something new to dedicate themselves to harassing people about.
>>
>>25907591
Yes. Women's rights and race relations have gone far enough. Now there incessant need to end racism they're actually perpetuating it
>>
It's because electrics cars are expensive and only affordable to the wealthy
Also there's a new meme on the left about hating the PMC https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional–managerial_class
Who are basically rich libs and organs of capitalism
>>
>>25901270
Unironically ban cars from cities, but completely deregulate them from non-city areas
>>
>>25901265
Because disposable battery vehicles are terrible for the environment
>>
>>25901265
lmao there are people who vote left who aren't and who are more environmentally conscious. i vote left but i love EVs but i'll acknowledge we have to figure out the lithium thing

you guys are too stupid to understand political stances lmaooooo
>>
>>25907994
...let me tell you about the packaging for your food lmao and why you should bring your own packaging to the grocery store and only buy raw veggies or meats from the butcher
>>
File: can't believe it.jpg (7 KB, 250x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>25901265
many, many reasons
> muh nazi fans of Musk
> muh rich oligarch Musk
> public transport meme
> walkable cities meme
> muh environment & lithium mining
> muh polluting production process
> muh polluting electricity production
> FUD over batteries blowing up, any time, any day
> cost of a battery replacement
Literal shoe size IQ niggers, all of them.
Everything about this was told to them since 2016, but only now they realised their faggotry's faults.

Most of it is just Musk's tarnished rep & everything he represents.
The rest are just faggots who want to live in our beautiful European cities, where they can walk to near by stores/cafes & live upper middle class consumerist lifestyle.
>>
>>25909273
Public transportation and walkable cities rely on one critical aspect:

Safety

America will never possess a walkable city.
>>
>>25901265
Haven't they always? Lefties, at least not the climate lefties, aren't often that fond of green tech solutions.
>>
File: reddit on hyperloop.png (320 KB, 764x3322)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>25909273
I vividly recall them vocally defending even his Hyperloop deathtrap. Everything is different now that he is no longer "one of them".
>>
>>25901265
>>
>>25901332
yes, just like in the good ol'days, there's gonna be a lot of dead communists
>>
>>25908010
yes the packaging of my steaks requires 36 TONS of raw ore be strip mined.
>>
>>25911069
Not him but 36 tons is nothing. A pair of jeans takes 10 tons of water to be made.
>>
>>25904963
>he hasnt heard Christians complain about Chic-fil-a being closed on sundays
Youre talking out your ass, you dont know any Christians, you dont talk to any of us, touch grass then kill yourself faggot
>>
City dwelling lefties and redneck yokels hate electric cars equally, just for opposite reasons. The latter because they're too much of a change, the former because they're not enough of a change.
>>
File: 1657209236982.jpg (21 KB, 255x255)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>25901265
What the fuck did you expect? You actually thought it would end with EV's? You actually thought it was about saving the planet?
>>
Lefties hate everything, including themselves, and play white knight in an attempt to feel better. If someone designed one of those fabled “walkable cities”, they would find a way to complain that it is oppressive to some poor minority class that desperately needs their protection.
>>
The left are seething because the niggers tounged their anus
>>
>>25901918
They'll go at motorbikes too. Or even EV ones.
>>
>>25911049
whats the qrd on the loop?
>>
File: 20220920_165304.jpg (469 KB, 1600x1016)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>25911051
>>
>>25901703
>smoked weed despite disallowing his employees the same privelige
Shit, if Tesla's plant workers were allowed to, their cars would probably be missing panels entirely fresh off the line. Maybe even forget a windshield.
>>
File: hyperloop.webm (1.18 MB, 960x540)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB WEBM
>>25912301
A vapid novelty for Vegas that was advertised as "reinventing mass transit". Lithium coffins in a tube, basically: if there is trouble even if you can unlock the car door (not guaranteed) you still can't get out because the tunnel is too narrow.
>>
>>25912558
kek
>>
>>25913626
All they need to do to fix it is run an electrical line, and replace the Tesla cars with a trolley bus, or put rails down and get a subway that can fit in the smaller tunnel.
>>
>>25913626
wow that's a huge flaw i didn't even consider. that would be terrifying
>>
>>25913626
It seems pretty cool to me. Also the part about not be able to get out is BS. They have doors to evacuation stairs throughout the tunnel so its no different than a subway in that regard. Also its Tesla so all of the cars will be automated soon which will be awesome for people who drink and want to hop from resort to resort.
>>
>>25914840
You are low iq. They can't get out because of the lack of clearance on either side for doors to open.
>>
>>25901265
>Cars for rich people built by a greedy deplorable capitalist that are actually worse for the environment
Why would any leftist like them again?
>>
>>25914851
>that are actually worse for the environment
Why does the vast majority of the evidence suggest the opposite?
>>
>>25914890
Because it all lies and leaves out the worst of the polluting processes.
Lithium mining and processing is incredibly polluting.
>>
>>25914897
Do you have evidence of that?
>>
>>25914911
>lethally toxic open pools, toxic chemicals dumped everywhere, steamed off, and leeched into the ground
>leftardists tell me this isn't pollution
>>
>>25901265
>endless anti-Elon Musk rhetoric,
Biden hates Elon since Elon refused to follow Biden's request to unionize the Tesla workforce and hire on the basis of equity instead of using merit to hire AND retain workers. Elon disagreed with that idealistic policy and Biden got angry. Biden even crafted new tax laws to provide NEW benefits Tesla's competitors but leave Tesla out of the tax benefits. Biden's Build Back Better plan also allocated billions of dollars to building rechargers for Tesla's competitors along with their input as to where to locate the chargers. Tesla is left out of a lot of that funding too based upon unionizing and hiring requirements.
>>
>>25914918
That's not evidence. That's fear, uncertainty and doubt.
>>
>>25914924
>evidence isn't evidence if I don't like it!
>>
>>25914848
no youre just a fat ass
>>
>>25914926
"I feel all these things are bad" is not evidence.
>>
>>25915085
>physical reality is feels if I don't like it
Leftism is a mental disorder.
>>
>>25901265
Decades of media propaganda.
>>
>>25912252
Literally what happened to Europe
>>
File: Fug_Electrics(LupinIII).jpg (98 KB, 1280x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>25912252
>Lefties hate everything
Nothing you do is ever enough for them.

Most of them are chronically ungrateful underachievers which is why they hate meritocracy.
>>
>>25901265
they don't like cars because it doesn't automatically give rides to homless niggers like the electric bus
>>
>>25904963
>he has never been to Berlin
kekw
>>
>>25901332
based, adapt or die
>>
File: musk1.jpg (46 KB, 700x394)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>25914920
>Tesla is left out of a lot of that funding too based upon unionizing and hiring requirements.

This is actually not true for the passed bill. The bill in relation to vehicles was made for vehicles sourcing battery materials from the US. Tesla stands to gain by FAR to most from the bill. Tesla is even getting ready to have its own lithium refinery in Texas. It is mental how much pure fucking profit Tesla stands to gain from the bill. I mean, sure it helps the others also but Tesla was already in the process to bring manufacturing and materials back to America.
>>
>>25918388
>Authoritarian blue laws
Wow, I hate Germany now.
>>
Does this mean that contrarians now love Tesla?
>>
>>25918616
/o/ has pretty much come around to Tesla.
>>
File: 1658936583819247.png (200 KB, 1330x1079)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>25918616
>>25918698
Nobody loves Tesla, it's an organized attempt to shill globohomo garbage.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.