[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Car on the right is 6015 lbs or 2730kg. The new electric Hummer is 9063 lbs or 4110kg. How long until these new big EVs pose a major safety hazard on the road. I can't imagine getting rear-ended or t boned by a 9000lbs truck in something like a Geo metro or old civic and walking away unharmed.
>>
>>25766624
don't forget week long fires that can't be put out
>>
>>25766624
>Car on the right is 6015 lbs
I’m impressed how you came to the conclusion a lift kit and nearly stock size tires added 400Lbs - assuming of course that truck has the diesel inline 6 which is 300lbs more than the average V8 most come with.
>>
>>25766859
Not OP but that's dry weight.
So another 200 pounds just for fuel.
And aftermarket wheels absolutely are pigfat.
>>
>>25766624
Wait they make an electric golf? That actually looks good compared to all the soulless EVs on the market.
>>
File: hummer-crabwalking.gif (2.96 MB, 640x358)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
>>25766624
1tons with steel utility beds exist already... The 830hp and 11,500lb/ft of torque is probably the more concerning factor when it comes to the new hummer.
>accidentally taps accelerator
>eviscerates and entire mcdonalds drive thru line like gravedigger on crack
> does 4wheel steer donuts and then crabwalks out of the parking lot like nothing happened
>>
>next generation of exploding trucks is banned from sideroads and steep gradients because of gvm laws
>>
>>25766859
the driver of that thing would add 600lbs
>>
File: oops.jpg (121 KB, 1200x675)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>25766988
How many Hummers are going to crabwalk into parking lot boulderss?
>>
>>25767022
Then immediately catch fire when the battery floor is punctured
>>
>>25766988
I remember when Electric RC planes became semi mainstream.
Every once in a while, someone would fuck up the tuning of their throttle switch and send their EV plane into the runway fence.
It happens so fast it's hard to react since the power to weight is crazy on electric RC shit.

I can imagine a Hummer in the Burger King lobby.
>>
>>25766988

The 11500 LB ft number is missleading cause all trucks have torque multiplication through gear reduction. My old stock suburban theoretically has more than that amount of torque if I put it in 4 Lo. And diesel truggs can put down 20,000 Lb ft to the road. The E-Hummer has 800Hp, but it weighs 9000 pounds. And you have to put it in performance mode to get all of that power, and the batteries have to be charged and in the proper tempature range.granted it will pull pretty hard even in suboptimal conditions, but its over hyped. As far as the weight goes, you have retards towing shit or renting U-hauls, sometimes both at the same time. And not all semi truck drivers are good at it either. Many truck drivers cant even handle a golf cart properly.
>>
File: 1659320533876462.jpg (79 KB, 960x448)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>25766624
MOVE OVER LIBSHIT FAGGOT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>25766960
it's because it's the mk7 body and the only difference is an electric motor instead of the ea888, that's literally it and all they need to do to make a good ev
>>
>>25767141
>My old stock suburban theoretically has more than that amount of torque if I put it in 4 Lo.
The difference is instant availability. The 9000lb Hummer e-trugg can do 0-60 in 3 seconds because there's no trannies or transfer cases in the way and it doesn't have to rev to 4k rpm to hit peak torque. Push pedal, put down power, doesn't get much simpler than that, like a nog in redeye chally wally but more powerful.
>>
>>25767179

Actually to get the 3 second 0- 60 time you have to first fuck with settings for a few seconds. Source: the commercial for it. Still fast but peak performance requires more intent than just flooring it
>>
>>25766624
It makes no difference if you get hit at 50mph by a 6000lb truck or a 9000lb truck. You're dead either way. Shit you're probably still dead if a 4000lb crossover hits you.
>>
File: 135.png (124 KB, 680x680)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>25767184
> Source: the commercial for it.
That's cool. If you have 104k to spare I'll gladly put you on the reservation list, and no you can't test drive it first... there's none in the store anymore.... the demo went back to GM last month.
>>
File: 1p2ebbya51261.jpg (3.17 MB, 4032x3024)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>25767147
It's fine to own a truck, but why do you need such a huge vehicle? Every blue collar worker I knew was fine with a small Toyota back in the day.
>>
>>25767215
Why drive a small truck when a large truck gets the same mileage? Plus contrary to what most people here think people with trucks usually do have a decent sized trailer or boat to tow.
>>
>>25767215
>>25767220
DESU at this point I have gone the van route and would not go back.
As a contractor vans just make way more sense than trucks unless you need to tow heavier equipment.
>>
>>25767220
I live in Luzerne County, PA. No, they absolutely do not.
>>
>>25767220
I don't want to climb a bilt in set of stairs to load a bag of cement into the truck bed ,and I don't want to have to crawl around in the bed to get a toolbox in and out of my truck, I'm 6'2" I should just be able to reach over the side to grab my shit.

Also, I just prefer the handling of small vehicles more.
>>
>>25766624
the massive weight of these vehicles makes me wonder if there are any places in the US that have super old bridges with low weight limits or something. Would be interesting to see how queued traffic gets handled
>>
>>25767237
I mean, Pennsylvania.
They are lucky they are so poor that they can't afford ev's yet but I can't wait till average car weight doubles.
Gonna be fun seeing all their rusted out 100 year old bridges self deleting.
>>
>>25767225
A van is not as practical as a truck with a canopy. They all drink fuel and if you get one tall enough to stand up in you won't be able to park it anywhere.

>>25767226
Of course they don't. Where are you supposed to camp there? In some Amish field? Do you even have lakes there? In the valid parts of North America millions of people have boats and trailers.

>>25767232
I'm 6'2'' as well and have no issues reaching into the back of a pickup truck. Even then there are solutions that don't require you to crawl around in your bed.
>>
>>25766928
Curb weight includes fuel, oil, coolant etc. In some cases it aLso includes a driver
>>
All you have to do is repeal CAFE
It has done nothing positive for the industry and encourages these massive pigfat vehicles you hate so much.

>>25767022
>>25767037
I'm expecting an ev offroader to beach and cover a trail in toxic metals.
>>
>>25767241
>A van is not as practical as a truck with a canopy
Absolutely false, not only are they better for Contracting but the CPM of operation is cheaper too.
Not to say that Trucks don't have their point but it is hauling or carry loads in the bed, not for tools and repair work.
Their is a reason why you see big companies operating vans for tool and service and trucks for everything else
>>
>>25767241
Coworker must have lifted his then because I can't reach the floor of the bed from outside the truck
>>
>>25767241
Tell me you're ignorant in geography without telling me you're ignorant in geography.
>>
>>25767248
>CPM of operation is cheaper too
Nah. Vans are much harder to service and repair. They also cost more up front than a truck in a lot of cases. You also have to factor in the cost of a tow and the downtime when you get the RWD van stuck in the winter. There are much more trucks than vans as service vehicles here, especially in new construction.

>>25767252
You may be right. Just thinking of that shithole depresses me. I couldn't be fucked to look up it's actual geography. From what I've seen it's really a terrible place.
>>
>>25767270
Sounds good until tweakers steal all your shit
>>
>>25767297
It takes like 10 seconds to break into a van. I've seen then just cut a hole in the side and steal shit that way. A bed tool box or a commercial canopy is much more secure.
>>
>>25767301
Never underestimate a crackhead
>>
>>25767301
>bed tool box
>secure
Pick one and only one. If a crackhead wants your shit it is gonna get stolen.
Just don't put your truck in a situation where they can steal from it easily and you won't have a problem.
>>
>>25766624
Get the bigger car, you tranny manlet
>>
>>25768247
Yeah but small car go vroom fast
>>
>>25768260
If you think any small car can match a hummer on the streets, you're dreaming.
>>
I'm worried about road damage. Heavier vehicle weight causes exponentially more damage to our roads and my local government already struggles to keep our roadways in acceptable condition. I don't want my taxes to be raised to fund electric vehicle road damage.
>>
>>25766999
cap this. i guarantee this will happen boys.
>>
>>25768282
>retaded gasholes tries to coal roll H2
>Hummer chad road rages and completely thrashes the coal cuck
>meanwhile Cybertruck joins in and split roasts the coal cuck

Can't wait
>>
>>25768282
Wtf, fat man on his feet is 350lbs alone

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.