[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

How do you deal with tailgaters?
Pic related
>>
Oil slick
>>
>>25612549
>>
I move over to the slow lane thereby nullifying the ability to tailgate
>>
>>25612549
I can't see shit outta the back of my van. I couldn't give a single fuck how close you wanna get.
>>
>>25612549
Glue/Weald something heavy onto the back of your car where it looks ready to fall. People will worry about it smashing thier windshield and go around you
>>
>>25612549
Nowadays I just move over to the edge of the road and kick up all the dirt, rocks, and debris into the front of their car.

Used to have a car with an adjustable windshield spray nozzles, pointed one of them up so it went completely over my car and all over the person behind me.
>>
>>25612689
No, because that guy must get stalked and bothered by virtue signaling assholes like that all the time. Not worth it.
>>
>>25612689
>>25612862
i think the wrench guy is looking for someone to be combative after confronting him, to which he is either killed or kills. i dont trust any construction working psychopaths
>>
I like to just clip the should with my tire and kick up rocks. Works like a charm.
>>
>>25612808
>Used to have a car with an adjustable windshield spray nozzles, pointed one of them up so it went completely over my car and all over the person behind me.
Thank you for the free washer fluid??
>>
>>25612549
Hold down the windshield wash for like 30 seconds straight
>>
>>25612981
Gets pretty annoying after a minute
>>
>>25613213
After you run out of it like a cuck?
>>
>>25612549
Banana peel
>>
>>25613218
Lasts surprisingly long
>>
>>25612549
>How do you deal with tailgaters?
>Pic related
I drive safely and predictably.
If someone is driving unsafely near me, I take action (when possible) to create distance between myself and the unsafe driver.
Usually that just means giving them room to get away from me, rather than trying to get away from them.

But if I'm "impeding" someone by simply driving safely and rationally, e.g., I merge into the left lane in order to make a left turn ahead, and someone tailgates me as a result, then I just ignore them and hope their unsafe driving doesn't impact me during the brief time that we share that stretch of roadway.
>>
>>25614634
White, taxpaying hands typed this post.
>>
>>25614634
Onlu rational individual ITT. But then again this board is filled with underage busriders so that's not a high bar to clear
>>
>>25612615
They still tailgate you on the slow lane even if the left lane is wide open. What you need to do is piss them off enough so they get out of there car and as they come to your car to fight you just shoot them multiple times and speed off
>>
>>25614671
If you don’t have a gun another option is to charge at them with a knife. Go for there throat
>>
>>25612862
>virtue signalling
At least use that term correctly
>>
>>25612689
I'd be comfused as to how someone can follow a truck (hd trucks bounce a lot) for that long and not realize it's stuck to the bumper.

Must be nice to have smooth roads.
>t onterrible
>>
>>25614671
or continue on my trip and know I'll get a new bumper or a ridiculously high insurance write off if they rear end me. Then once they stop; because their car is fucked or their radiator is punctured and I introduce them to my 1/2" drive breaker bar if they don't want to exchange insurance
>>
File: Robbie_Rotten.jpg (37 KB, 680x383)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>25613220
NO! THROW IT AT HIM, NOT ME!
>>
>I'm in left lane
ignore the tailgater, it's literally not my problem. if he crashes into me, it's his fault 100% of the time (actual and in the face of law)
>I'm in right/other lane
let my speed slowly drift down, 1km/h per second or so, and watch them panic about what to do next
>>
>>25615129
I had someone tailgate me in residential streets where the limit is like 45, I was going 50. I just let go of the pedal and give them a stare as they pass. They are always fucking pissed, but i'm a big guy so they don't do anything but look away quickly and have the audacity to drive the speed I was going anyways.
>>
>>25612549
curse the fact that I still don't have a car camera

continue on until they pass me
>>
>>25612549
i dont hang out in the left lane thats how
if someone is behind me on a 2 way road i just pull over and let them by. why do all you faggots like to make driving a war?
>>
>>25615238
Why do you tail gate me in the right lane when the left lane is open?
>>
>>25615238
>minding my own business
>going slightly above speed limit
>calmly chilling, enjoying the ride
>some insecure retard who is in a hurry 100% of the time decides to make dangerous manouvers very close to my car, he's mad because he's always mad when driving
>he thinks to himself 'why do all you faggots like to make driving a war'?
>mfw
>>
>>25612549
ignore
if they start getting aggressive seeing how close they can get to my bumper etc. and refuse to pass I'll flash my .45 (got my back window untinted specifically for this) both times I've done it they've backed off immediately lmao
>>
>>25612689
Absolutely no way this guy doesn't get pulled over.
>>
>>25612549
My rear wiper squirter is busted and sprays water straight behind it rather than on the rear windshield. I'm tempted to fill it with paint thinner if i didnt have to use my front wipers.
>>
File: 1643849266504.jpg (286 KB, 1090x1074)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>25614634
i approve of this message
>>
File: 1648831801773.png (27 KB, 860x703)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>25615129
>>I'm in right/other lane
>let my speed slowly drift down, 1km/h per second or so, and watch them panic about what to do next
i do the same exact thing, especially on single lane or residential roads. the exception being when i hit a particularly windy road and its a trugg (its almost always a mallcrawler tailing) or staceys suv behind me and i fly through it, only to slowdown again on the straights.
>>
Let them pass and do a pit maneuver on them.
>>
1. Stomp on throttle to create initial gap
2. Instant he comes closer let go of throttle so he has to brake
3. When he's done braking go back to 1
it's a fun game
>>
>>25616904
just make a seperate tank for the rear one. hook the back one into that.

easy
>>
>>25614634
And here I was thinking there was noone but busriders and boy-racer retards on this board.
>>
>>25619987
You arent wrong. That guy is just an exception.
>>
File: 1656016129369.jpg (460 KB, 750x750)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
>>25619987
hes trolling
>>
If you’re in the passing lane and you’re not the fastest person in it at the time, you’re wrong. That usually fixes tailgating. Please cut your DL up and start taking public transport
>>
i just start coasting, they can either hang out up my arse or pass me.
If they wanna play funny buggers then fine, we can play on my terms
>>
>>25615169
>i'm a big guy
for you
>>
I try to do what rational anon said:
>>25614634
But, one time I just coasted all the way down to about 3mph. It was great. Dumdums just stayed right behind me.
>>
File: 1566204732388.jpg (102 KB, 815x312)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Why would I want to deal with myself?
>>
>>25615387
I advise against doing that, as it is highly illegal and dangerous. Just put your hazards on to annoy them or something.
>>
The best way: by pulling over to the shoulder.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.