[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 20220620_183403.jpg (681 KB, 1599x1199)
681 KB
681 KB JPG
I secretly want to get one, even if it's just for SuperCruise.

[spoiler]Also, I think it looks pretty good.[/spoiler]
>>
File: F01-Bolt-1[1].png (682 KB, 740x480)
682 KB
682 KB PNG
I don't know you'd want a EUV over the regular Bolt though.
They're essentially the same car, even in terms of size, but the EUV costs more.
>>
>>25606095
>SUV version of Bolt
>still FWD
Can't make this shit up
>>
>>25606095
Maybe anon wants a rugged SUV to fit his active lifestyle.
>>
>spoilering on /o/
Get off my board faggot.
>>
>>25605913
Neither of the Bolts make sense to me outside of generous lease deals for a pure commuter car.
The slow max charging speed and still almost total lack of CCS infrastructure just kills them.

Chevy really should have released a car using an updated version of the Volt powertrain if they couldn't deliver at least 150kW fast charging, or reduced the price further by using a smaller battery pack.
>>
OP here

OH NO NO NO NO
>>
>>25606095
The EUV has more back seat leg room (important to me) and more available features like a sunroof, digital rearview monitor, and SuperCruise. According to someone from GM, the EUV has more cargo space despite the lower listed number.
>>
>>25606109
Most SUVs are FWD.
>>
>>25606280
I'm very familiar with the Volt. I've had one for seven years that I've put tons of miles on. Over the time I've owned it I've learned that the times I would need to use a DC fast charging station are few and far between, maybe six for the whole year. Most of the time I'm lugging around a bunch of dead weight over the front axle which makes the Volt feel front heavy. I find myself wanting more electric range more often than being thankful I have the gasoline engine. There's also the fact that the Volt is not very space efficient. The battery is inside the cabin instead of beneath the floor, and the driving position is really far back in relation to the front end because the engine takes up a lot of space. This leaves almost no leg room for the back seats and very little for the trunk. For my driving, the Volt is a lot of extra complexity and sacrifice that feels like it doesn't need to be there. It's these reasons why I'm looking at a full EV for my next vehicle.
>>
File: 1649969048713.png (439 KB, 800x600)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>25606694
>Most SUVs are FWD.
>>
>>25607557
If they're not FWD, they're based on FWD architecture.
>>
>>25606714
>times I would need to use a DC fast charging station are few and far between, maybe six for the whole year.
This is pretty accurate, very similar to my own experience in most of the years that I've owned a BEV which coincidentally has about the same battery capacity and range as a Bolt EUV.
The main difference is the amount of time you'd need to spend at a fast charger. My car isn't the fastest charging EV around, but it can sustain charging rates above 150kW for about 10 minutes which means it can add about another 2 hours of range in that time. Or about 10 minutes in 5 hours of driving before needing a longer stop, right inline with what I'm capable of in my old age. Which means its getting into the range where its not really any worse than a gas station stop on a trip.

Now while I've found that I actually often prefer to use slower chargers where they're available at destinations, to eliminate the gas station style stops entirely, with a Bolt there's no option to use faster chargers and that does consign it to 'secondary car' territory.
If the Bolt EUV could support 150kW fast charging like the Mustang Mach E, or 350kW fast charging like the Ioniq 5 then it would be a lot more credible as something other than a better cheap short range commuter car than a Leaf.
That's really the reason why I bring up the Volt. For all its flaws, the range extender did enable it to act as a primary vehicle able to do 100% of driving, something that the CCS cars still can't quite manage due to their reliance on fairly immature fast charging infrastructure. There's still too many areas where Tesla Superchargers are the only option for fast charging.
>>
>>25607557
yeah
>>
File: 1647933056529.jpg (40 KB, 377x633)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>25605913
>Willingly wanting to be an EV owner
>Choosing the Bolt of all choices

/O/ IS DEAD
>>
>>25608018
Better an ICE than an EV fag
>>
>>25607956
It's among the best of the sub-$30,000 segment.
>>
File: 1241216313.jpg (214 KB, 1400x1400)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>25608171
k
>>
Yes just buy the ev equivalent of a Chevy Citation and watch it explode in your garage lmao.
>>
>>25609493
FUD
>>
>>25607956
Hit or miss?
>>
>>25606694
those are cucvs not suvs
>>
>>25606280
How slow are they? What's max kw charge on a Bolt and can you explain what that means? Like there are level II chargers around my hometown. How long does it take to charge a Bolt on one?

Honestly, I thought the Bolt is sneaky intriguing with the new 2023 price drop. But maybe not. It is ugly, to be sure.
>>
>>25612290
The max charge rate is 55 kW and that means it's the most power it can take in while charging. This doesn't mean much without more context like how long it can sustain the max rate. Some cars advertise 250 kW charging but can only hold that for a couple minutes before dropping to 150 kW, for example. What matters more to me and I think most people looking at buying an EV is charge time. The Bolt and Bolt EUV will take about an hour to go from dead to 80%. This is why people say they're not ideal for really long trips.
>>
>>25605913
i generally like electric cars and want to get one in the future, but damn this and the old nissan leaf look like cuck wagons. there is no way a male could drive one of them
>>
>>25614149
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>25605913
>>25606095
These look like europoor cars
>>
>>25614215
They were designed in South Korea, IIRC.
>>
>>25614220
It looks like they tried to modernize this very typical yuropoor cuckwagon econobox style that says “My government won’t let me have nice things”.
>>
File: yuck.png (261 KB, 551x491)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>Another ugly fwd cuckover
>>
>>25614235
Cars have that shape because it's very space efficient.
>>
>>25614170
>>25614170
i mean... just look at it. If i see something like this on the road I'm gonna laugh out loud for a little bit. Especially if a guy is driving lmaoo
>>
>>25613293
>Some cars advertise 250 kW charging but can only hold that for a couple minutes before dropping to 150 kW
Its not as big a deal as it seems because when you're up above 150kW a few minutes is all you need.
This is because, at least in my experience after driving an EV for several years, the most common use of a fast charger is adding enough range to complete a day trip, generally adding 1-2 hours of driving time. About 15-30 kWh.

250kW fast charger where the car rapidly peaks before falling off that takes about 5-10 minutes.
150kW charger where the car maintains the peak longer that takes 10-20 minutes.
50kW charger where the car sustains that speed basically the whole time that takes 20-40 minutes.

That's the real thing that lets down the Bolt. On long trips its really not that hard to work in longer stops as long as the car can go 3-4 hours on a charge, but if you're making a day trip and you need to top up and add 100 miles of range on the way home that half hour at 50kW is going to feel like forever.
>>
>>25614363
Sounds like a you problem, desu.
>>
>>25614363
based man
>>25615512
cringe woman
>>
>>25616413
Caring about what's "manly" is peak cringe.
>>
>>25616431
yeah maybe if ur a girl or don't hang around guys much (gay)
>>
>>25605913
It seems like a good value after the 2023 price drop. But it still looks like some random cheap eco shitbox. idk life is short — I guess it depends on what you drive now on whether or not it’s worth it. a single man is going to repel pussy driving this and a married man is going to look like a cuck in it. seems like it’s either for old boomers or single 20-something g yuppy women
>>
>>25614149
Tough but fair. I could see it being like a free work car, so you have that excuse. But buying this with your own money and driving this as your only car? seems pretty emasculating
>>
>>25619432
These are really much better than Leafs though in terms of range and hp. At 200hp, they're pretty decent performers.
>>
>MUH MANLINESSSSSSS
Is /o/ really this cringe and immature?
>>
>>25619509
Also in terms of reliability. The Leaf has truly terrible battery reliability. It's a nonstarter.
>>
>>25619607
The big thing the Leaf has going for it is that because they're so common, and the hardware is so well understood, there's a cottage industry of cheap 40kWh upgrades for the old bad 24kWh models, and there's nothing standing in the way of doing that replacement.
There's also the fact that the Leaf has the same kind of vehicle to load capability that Ford has made a major selling point for the Lightning F-150.

So while the Leaf isn't going to work as anyone's primary vehicle, but if you occasionally need a second car for use around town, its really a pretty decent cheap option, and it can double as home battery backup. That's not a bad deal for ~$15k for the Leaf, the battery swap, and the V2G hardware.
>>
>>25619601
i could see owning one if i was a bit faggy and generally don't care about being a normal man. So if I was like you I would have one
>>
>>25619630
Problem is, unless those aftermarket packs have some sort of cooling provision (even if it's just a vent to blow AC through the innards, like the Renault Zoe has), you're still going to roast them after a few years.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.