[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: e-brake.jpg (41 KB, 640x373)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Fuck these things
>>
>>25473756
why do you even care? its functionally the same.
>>
>>25473756
TX cops hate them because automatic engagement when parked and can't write citations for the parking brake not being used
>>
>>25473764
oh wahh bunch of pigs can't write revenue tickets for their county wah.
>>
>>25473779
Ok.
>>
>>25473758
busrider spotted
>>
>>25473799
>You're a busrider for pointing out the fact that a manufacturer made the parking brake significantly smaller.
>>
>>25473758
More importantly than a thing for parking it is a last resort safety feature that should ideally be as reliable, isolated and mechanically simple as possible.
>>
>>25473821
Its never been a last resort safety feature. The only retards who ever called it an "emergency brake" were Americans who always preferentially went to automatics.
In driving school you're always taught to pump your brakes should your booster fail for whatever reason. No where is it taught that you should use your emergency brake as a last resort. The way the parking brake works is it'll lock up your rear tires and make your car want to spin around which is far less safe than you actually think it is. Its entirely why the front brakes do most of the work because it also centers the car.
>>
>>25473756
my dick wouldn't fit in there
>>
>>25473834
That's why it's called an emergency brake you retard. What are you supposed to do, not use it if somebody cut your brake lines and there's no pedal to pump? Dumbass.
>>
>>25473906
Mine can.
>>
>>25473926
Based
>>
>>25473834
>Pump your brakes should your booster fail
Busrider detected
If you pump your brakes whatever vacuum is left in the booster will be gone way faster. No need to pump brakes if you have ABS. In the event of a total hydraulic failure the mechanical brake is the only option, and it can be applied gently enough to keep the rear wheels from locking if you aren't a knuckle-dragging retard
>>
File: 1477885030012.jpg (15 KB, 236x198)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>25473764
> can't write citations for the parking brake not being used
there's no way this is real
>>
>>25473756
Agreed. This is my biggest fucking pet peeve with my new civic Si. I fucking HATE it. I WAS A REGULAR E BRAKE BACK FUCK YOU NIGGERS!
>>
>>25473764
>citations for the parking brake not being used
surely that's not a thing
>>
>>25473834
>Its entirely why the front brakes do most of the work
pretty sure that's due to physics, my friend.
>>
>>25474035
>In the event of a total hydraulic failure the mechanical brake is the only option, and it can be applied gently enough to keep the rear wheels from locking if you aren't a knuckle-dragging retard
so you're saying in this emergency scenario where your entire brake system exploded and left you with no brakes but your handbrake, you're going to gingerly threshhold brake with your parking brake?
>>
>>25473756
honestly, i kind of like them. ive never had an issue with them between 3 different cars with them, it saves a good amount of space, and i feel like it prevents you from pulling the handle too hard and putting unnecessary stress on the handbrake cabling. the automatic engagement is still sort of hit and miss though, the mazda one is good and the audi one was pretty good from memory.
>>
>>25474183
>I might stretch steel cable if I yank it too hard
The absolute lengths you retards go to justify an obviously inferior mechanism.
>>
>>25474035
Fricking based post anon. Can you imagine the lawsuits of unwrongful deaths if an ABS system failed, left the brakes completely useless? Kek. Manual brakes or ABS brakes are designed to be operable in ALL scenarios aside from total fluid loss.

>>25474171
Dude you can absolutely feather a hand brake without using the foot brake.
>>
>>25474203
Ah yeah...I forgot to add that the electronic option in the OP works on a motored servo located on the right rear brake caliper. At least the car makers give you one brake to spin you off to the shoulder while you lose control of your vehicle. With a hand brake you keep the thumb button depressed and pull up while you ease yourself to the shoulder in an emergency saving yourself and your car.
>>
File: suluknows.jpg (16 KB, 441x408)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Never used it with a cable, never use is as electric.
>>
>>25473916
Only americans call it the emergency brake.
>>
>>25474035
You're a fucking retard, we aren't talking about ABS

If your brake booster fails on a car you have to pump the brakes to build pressure, not because you'll lock up your wheels. If ABS kicks in then great you're at the most pressure you can actually put down

You dumb fucks have no idea how a car actually works let alone driven a car with no brake booster.
>>
>>25474235
Not my fault it's the correct name. You might as well try to act l ike metric is in any way superior when at best it's an autistic way to tie orthogonal units to natural phenomina that exist only under exact and therefore unrealistic and unreliable mutual conditions.

On balance, I think aluminium is the more correct name.
>>
>>25474253
The parking brake should never be used as an emergency brake. Not only will it slow your car down poorly but the instability of causing your rear wheels to lockup will cause massive instability in the car making it spin around. That isn't even remotely safe let alone effective. The likelihood of your brakes being afunctional is less than you winning the lottery because that whole system in and of itself is mechanical in nature.

I've never actually heard nor seen anyone actually advocate that as some sort of reliable backup.
>>
>>25473756
>having a handbrake
>>
>>25474257
So don't lock the wheels. This isn't hard.
>>
>>25474257
Of course it should. We've been over this before. You don't have to continue being obviously wrong simply because you were poorly taught.
>>
File: eating glue.jpg (11 KB, 181x300)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>25474268
>>
>>25474258
You should still be using the parking brake instead of letting your car's entire weight rest on the two inch long piece of 24 gauge steel that's jammed itself in the gears.
>>
>>25474274
you should fuck off because I do whatever I want.
>>
>>25474274
put then i forget its on when I drive away
>>
>>25474270
Try it sometime. You're much better off if you get a feel for how it reacts. Also practice sliding around in a low traction situation so you can countersteer effectively if for whatever reason you car yaws undesirably.
>>
>>25474275
>>25474278
Okay, it's your money.
>>
>>25474115
>>25474159
I lived in DFW for a year back in 2017 and it wasn't uncommon for cops to go around parking lots and check for parking brakes. Usually the automatic models were ticketed.
>>
>>25474296
What a strange thing to do, especially since it's probably not all that easy to check for a foot-activated brake. Oh well, leave it to government to use statues that ought to be applied in case of injury to be applied for useless revenue generation instead.
>>
>>25474296
The fuck? Since when was it the law to have the P-brake engaged while the auto tranny was set to P?

I sure hope all those people who were ticketed told that town to stick the ticket up their ass.
>>
>>25474164
also because most brake systems are tuned to apply more power to the front wheels through the use of less pistons and smaller brake rotors in the rear
>>
>>25474242
Neither was I. A brake boosters job is to basically pull the pedal forward as you press it by applying engine vacuum. If the booster fails the only thing that will happen is that brake effort will increase steadily as the vacuum leaks out. If you frantically pump in such a scenario you will quickly lose the rest of the vacuum. If you have a leak or air in your braking system then pumping will help by ramming fluid down the pipe faster than it can leak. On an ABS car with a failed booster, the best thing you can do is just press the pedal as hard as you can.
>>
>>25473756
Your hate is misdirected. Direct your hate at the people that allowed the feminization of a male created industry.
>>
My C7 has a electronic parking brake and it's the one feature of the car that annoys me BUT it's part of the hill hold feature which I do like, helps out a ton of you live in a hilly location.
>>
>>25473804
no, you're a busrider because you're dumb as hell
>>
I love the sound these things make, like some sort of robot.
>>
>>25474296
jesus christ, fucking tex-ass. rootin tootin tread on me and I start shootin my ass bunch of fuckin all talk no action broke back (and wetback) wannabe cowboys.
>>
>>25474283
the fact that never in the history of automatics has there been a major issue of park pawls failing from lack of e brake use should tell you it's a literal non issue
>>
>>25473756
>WAAAHHH I WANT THE OLD DILDO BREAK AGAIN SO I CAN RIDE IT WAAAAAHHH
>>
>>25473821

>last resort safety featur

It is a primary safety feature that stops your car rolling away when you park it
>>
>>25474754
I hated the hill assist in my Camaro, it was inconsistent even on the same exact locations (like my driveway), held the brakes too long/hard and it didn't notify you it was active until you let off the brake to go. can't tell you how many times I stalled because of it on very mild inclines from how overzealous it is. finally went and disabled it (just swap in an accelerometer from an auto, like $30 and 2 hours work) and just got gud and now steep hills are so easy it's basically autonomic.
>>
>>25474258
An automatic gearbox needs a handbrake more than a manual.
>>
>>25473764
>tx
>not free to not use parking brake
>>
>>25474867
I don't know about that. Parking pawls are pretty hard to break. Engine compression is overcome a lot more easily.
>>
>>25474842
It does hold on my drive way lol.

I live near Seattle in a very hilly spot and after daily use of the hill hold I've mastered the feel of when it's gonna engage. (any hill over x degree and x amount of brake pressure used to hold you in place)
>>
My grandma just got a car like pic related this with the wheel selector gear shifter and all the fixins and it's perfect for her. She has a bad back so being able to get into the car before the seat shifts up into place and having everything she needs to adjust at her fingertips with nearly no effort is awesome. A lot of this stuff is made for old people who still need to get around to doctors appointments and shit but can't afford a caretaker
>>
>>25474896
If your body is so bad, you shouldn't be operating a heavy machine.
>>
>retarded americans calling it an "emergency brake"
>>
>>25474885
Parking pawls are meant to replicate the way how manuals can be left in-gear to assist the parking brake in making sure the vehicle doesn't roll.
Problem is, you're comparing a little metal hook to an entire gearbox-engine assembly in stopping the car.
>>
Some people don't have a choice bro. That's American healthcare for you
>>
>>25474935
Meant for
>>25474902
>>
>>25474930
Nah, pawls are a lot different. They only hook when snicking in to place. You'd have to snap it in half under compression. You might want to review what a pawl is if you're comparing it to a cylinder holding not even enough compression to stop a starter motor.
>>
>>25474935
Yes, America is the only place in the world with cripples. If only radical hardcore communism could save us from cripples.
>>
>>25474935
What has being unfit for operating a machine have to do with healthcare?
>>
>>25474253
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk3UBQ5cTVo
>emergency brake
>crashes
kek
>>
>>25474967
No amount of equipment can fix everything. But that's why things like Westinghouse brakes have wide adoption for trains and heavy trucks because it generally results in more preferable failure modes.
>>
>>25474942
It's not just the cylinder vacuum stopping the car, it's the entire engine assembly physically not being able to rotate in the direction opposite to how it is designed to rotate. You might be able to give it a bit of a push in one direction on a flat surface, but the friction of nothing being oiled will eventually get to it. Still, you'd want your parking brake on. Parked on an incline, 1st gear stops it from moving backwards. Same thing for the reverse gear when parked on a decline.
>>
>>25474171
>you're going to gingerly threshhold brake with your parking brake?
Yes. Been there, done that. Linkage between pedal and master cylinder broke on my old shitbox. I noticed it long before I really needed the brake pedal. Drove home (about 5 miles) using only the e-brake lever and staying far back from other traffic. No problems.
>>
>>25474991
Why would you say opposite? It depends what's pulling on it. In the typical case of gravity, the weight of the vehicle is going to be a liability in either direction.

I've had a car put down a driveway forward while loading it up with heavy shit to help somebody move, and that was with the e-brake on. That's not going to snap a pawl. I'm not sure if it had self-adjusting rear drums or not because I wasn't car-smart enough to know at the time, but tightening up the cable was easier than finding out if the rear brakes were really working much at all.
>>
>>25475034
Yes, but the logic of parking it in-gear is because engines physically can't turn the opposite direction. If the camshaft is designed to turn clockwise, and all the other parts of the engine are designed around that movement, any counter-clockwise force is no longer gonna be stopped by the vacuum in the cylinders.
Sure you can make the argument that P on an AT is enough when parking on flat but i've seen way too many stories of parking pawl failure coming from brainlets that park on an inclined driveway.
Engaging both the parking brake and park on your transmission is not a bad habit to develop regardless of where you park.
>>
>>25475110
>no longer gonna be stopped by the vacuum in the cylinders
what I meant is that it's no longer gonna be stopped by JUST the vacuum in the cylinders. It's the actual engine seizing in the other direction that's gonna stop the car from rolling.
>>
>>25475110
What exactly makes you think an engine can't turn backward?
>>
>>25474296
What the fuck.
>>
>>25473758
can you do this with an electric parking brake though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCRly3_-zf0
>>
>>25474554
does anyone ever read their car's manual anymore? I remember mine explicitly stating that if the engine shuts off for whatever reason and you need to stop, you have enough booster vacuum for 1-2 presses of the pedal, and to remember that because "after that, you will need to push the pedal very hard in order to slow down!"
>>
>>25475247
I do, but I'm a nerd, and I already knew that long ago. I've also driven cars without boosted brakes before and you might be surprised how much force it takes even compared to back before cars were so boosted you can barely brake like a normal person.

My timing belt jumped off on the highway once and I'm not sure how much vaccum the engine was still pulling after that. Pretty nice there's a vacuum reserviour for just such an occasion, since engine braking wasn't going to stop me very fast once navigated to the shoulder.
>>
>>25474274
do you actually think any of them know that's what's going on in there
>>
>>25473916
what retard cuts your brake lines but not your parking break line?
>>
>>25475322
Who knows? That's why we have redundant systems. Maybe the brake line rusted out or popped off or got abraded instead of being cut.
>>
>>25473756
>Be me
>be retard tyre fitter
>electronic hand brakes come into the shop
>shitty workshop has shitty 2 post lifts too narrow to get out of most cars while having them anywhere near close to the jacking points
>have to push car a couple feet into position
>electronic brakes automatically engage
>some cars won't even let you disengage it unless the engine is running and the drivers door is shut and belt buckled
>this shit makes my shitty job significantly more frustrating than it need to be because Americans are too fucking stupid to pull a level when they park a car
>>
>>25475345
>because Americans are too fucking stupid to pull a level when they park a car
it's not even that, manufacturers do this shit simply because it's cheaper.
>>
>>25475355
I hate Americans and their retarded design trends so fucking much
>>
>>25475355
They do it to incrementally reduce control over the vehicle so that eventually it's a self-driving pod subjugate to the communist one world government. There's no actual reason to implement such a complicated and expensive solution to a simple problem.
>>
>>25475355
>it's cheaper.
Fucking bullshit
>>
>>25475446
yea it definitely is cheaper to simply tap into functions your breaks already possesses instead of lever, ratchet mechanism and all the metal bits required to make that function, meanwhile they can run some cheap wire to your rear tires controlled by a simple button mechanism. That actually is way cheaper than the old method.
>>
>>25475374
>>25475446
they wouldn't do it if it were more expensive...you know how jewish these companies are these days. You are aware of the memes about vehicles only lasting their warranty period.
They just slap an electric motor on the back of the caliper that turns a gear which pushes the piston in. Instead of a steel cable linking a lever to a drum brake assembly.
The dumbing down for the user is just a bonus that lets their foot in the door to an increasingly numb driving experience.
>>
>>25475453
You have no idea what you're talking about, an E handbrake has a dedicated motor on the back of the caliper to work the screw thread on the piston like a old level would do. It's the same thing except instead of a couple feet of cable and a lever it's a pair of electric motors with sensors that break. It's significantly more costly and why economy shitboxes still have windy windows and mechanical e brakes.
>>
>>25474159
It is.
And don't call me shirley
>>
>>25475454
>A $600 motor is cheaper than a $20 steel cable
>>
>>25475454
Of course they would. Why do you think they put in a million stupid nannies that haven't been mandated yet? It sure as hell isn't cheaper.
>>
>>25473758
.2-.5 extra labor charged also. fuck all of it
>>
>>25475457
>significantly more costly
no its really not. It probably saves them a couple dollars a unit in just metal.
>>
>>25475467
>have to run more copper (lets be real, aluminium) wire out to run the motors
>motors are made of zinc and copper, not just pressed steel
>have to have sensors so they don't over/under extend
>whole assembly is much heavier, costs more in fuel economy
It's much, much more expensive than a lever and arm system. If it's cheaper, why doesn't a Mitsubishi Mirage have an electronic hand brake?
>>
>>25475467
Yeah that steel is so expensive, which is why they don't even bother to skimp on the chassis to save a few oz.
>>
>>25475474
>>have to run more copper (lets be real, aluminium) wire out to run the motors
you really underestimate how simple and cheap wires are.
>motors
they probably make the motors themselves, these are simple actuators, not some complex piece of machinery
>sensors
a few relays at best, this is simple logic board shit which again you severely overestimate the cost of.
>>
>>25474754
It's not a part of the hill hold feature, they lied to you. Lots of cars have mechanical handbrakes and yet come with hill hold.
>>
>>25475454
Nigga are you really trying to tell me a bent sheet of steel and a cable is more expensive than a electric motor?
>>
>>25475479
You mean like how simple and cheap wires known as steel cables are? lol
>>
>>25475479
All of that is more expensive than stamped steel. It's not cheaper. I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion. A handbrake cable has one moving part and consists of a steel cable and stamped steel level arm with a spring return. It costs almost nothing to make, almost nothing in materials. It's an incredibly cheap assembly.
Motors require much more material, which is made out of more expensive metals. It's not a cost issue. If it's a cost issue, why do the cheapest cars in the world all use mechanical hand brakes?
If it's a cost issue, shitboxes built down to sub 10k prices would have electronic brakes, but they don't. Because it's significantly more expensive than a stamped/braided steel assembly made out of recycled cans.
>>
>>25473758
Can't handbrake turn with one.
>>
File: parkingbrake.png (1.39 MB, 1680x2076)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>25475460
>>25475482
and what exactly do you think that steel cable is connected to? I'd take the regular lever and cable setup any day, but you guys are oversimplifying it.
https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/toyota/camry/8-sedan-left-xv50-2014-r-2414/transmission-and-chassis-2/parking-brake-cable-137
https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/toyota/camry/9-sedan-right-xv70-2017-2417/transmission-and-chassis-2/parking-brake-cable-137
This is for the 'Parking brake & cable' diagram for a seventh gen camry, and an 8th gen camry.
And for the record, that motor probably costs more like 100 bucks for toyota to purchase off the manufacturer.
>>25475463
If they would why don't they build parts like brick shithouses? Because they know they can make more money by cheaping out, especially with more powerful computer modelling and simulation programs that we have today, compared to the 90s for example.

Anyway, pic related; left side is 7th gen camry with a regular parking brake. Right side is 8th gen camry with the electric brake, bottom pic is the motor. The connector just goes to the switch in the center console. I couldn't find the EPC diagram for that though.
>>
>>25475516
And what exactly do you think your electric motor is pulling you absolute retard?
>>
>>25475516
So? It's still not cheaper than a cable and a lever. It might have better ROI because they can sell it to people as a "feature" or make more money on repairs, or just begin to move everything closer to the robot car future.

Would they bother developing the technology for EVs if they weren't anticipating an EV future? They would probably experiment with it anyway, but they wouldn't go whole hog if they weren't making a strategic industry bet.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (55 KB, 1098x602)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>25475521
it doesn't pull anything, it just spins a gear that pushes the piston in.
>>
>>25475543
And the cable pulls a tab that spins a gera that pushes the piston in
Whoa
so fucking complex
>>
>>25475548
they are probably cheaper in the end because they can make the same motor for every car for every brand and just mass produce the fuck out of it instead of a different cable and handbrake lever setup for each car
that being said electric parking brakes are fucking abominable and i will never own a car with one
>>
>>25475548
Are you a busrider who's never worked on rear brakes or a downie? did you even look at the left diagram in >>25475516? Those aren't pistons and there's certainly no gears lmfao, they're brake shoes with all the other tiny parts needed to put everything together.
>>
>>25475562
So the mechanism isn't actually cheaper at all. Wow. Amazing. They could also sell more cars if one more motor per car made all the difference.
>>
>>25475562
>>25475566
if you go to those amayama pages and look at the prices of the parts, take about 40-50% the major parts (not generic 10mm nuts and bolts etc.) and you get something much closer to what it actually costs for toyota.
But yes what >>25475562 said, i will also never own a car with electric parking brakes. Always satisfying to hear the ratchet.
>>
>>25475562
One day, the bean counters will finally figure out that it makes door handles less expensive if they put two of them on every door. Plus that's also twice the door lock solenoids!

I should file a patent before they catch on.
>>
>>25475582
Yeah, and put dual batteries in every car because that'll drive down the cost of car batteries. If it were up to me, I'd design the entire ECU around only 10ohm resistors because then you could get 10ohm resistors for ridiculous cheap.
>>
>>25475584
>>25475588
>cries his eyeballs out for no reason
post car
>>
>>25475588
or rather, as manufacturers have already been doing, a 'one size fits all' approach and one part fits like 50 different vehicles.
toyota is already consolidating their vehicle platforms this way. No more Mark IIs, Coronas, Celicas, Celica Supras.
>>
>>25475595
What makes you think I'm crying? I have a superior hand brake and a superior manual transmission. I also make engineering decisions both for spending at my place of work and in my spare time as a circuit design hobbiest.
>>
>>25475601
And they could as easily consolidate it without the infefior and more expensive electronic parking brake. So obviously cost is not the motivator.
>>
>>25475516
>100 bucks to toyota
You are aware the entire cable setup, including the caliper, is less than that to the consumer? Toyota probably pays 20 bucks for them in volume.
It's not a cost concern. Electronic brakes are so they can slave you to main dealers at $200/h as you need a Toyota diag to make them retract.
>>
>>25475607
I am basing prices off staff sales. I'm not at work so I don't have access to toyota's ordering system otherwise I'd see the cost price of the parts in question. Sometimes amayama actually sells stuff cheaper than what toyota gets it for.
>>
>>25475607
there's a method to get the electric brake into the service position without techstream though. But yes for the regular person that doesn't wrench, it will make things more expensive for them.
>Ignition on, release parking brake
>Ignition off, then on
>Foot on brake
>Within 8 secs, pull switch three times, push three times, park brake indicator on speedo will begin flashing quickly
>foot off brake, push and hold park brake switch in for 5 secs. Park indicator blinks more slowly now.
Then after doing brakes
>Pump pedal to build up pressure again
>Ignition on, pull and hold park brake switch until motor does its thing
They really wanted to make sure regular people didn't do this lol
>>
>>25475637
That sounds a gigantic violation of the KISS principle. How much did it cost to R&D and QA all that?
>>
>>25475637
>They really wanted to make sure regular people didn't do this lol
They will say the whole point of that convoluted procedure is so no one inadvertently does it.
>>
>>25475645
Less than it brings in in service charges
>>
>>25474235
Okay schmuck
Big "gagging on my nipples" looking blacky.
Go back to Tanzania.
>>
>>25475655
Right, so it's obviously not production costs as previously suggested.
>>
>>25475645
>>25475659
the more i think about it the more i think you guys are right lol. i stand corrected
>>
>>25473756
I move cars as a valet, and I gotta say I've had my heart do jumping jacks when I move some of these manual cars, with a gay ass plastic switch. Doesn't make any sense when they should have a physical handbrake.
>>
>>25473834
You are actually retarded. Not only will a traditional handbrake work as an emergency brake if you don't rip it like an idiot, but it will also still work if your brake lines are cut or broken.
>>
>>25473756
My piece of shit Volkswagen will automatically apply this thing if I open the door with the engine running. I seethe and mald and regret not buying a Toyota.
>>
>>25474991
wait a second, are you seriously so incredibly fucking stupid to believe that a car in a forward gear can only roll forward? jesus christ. i dont know how this can be considered any form of auto forum with so little technical knowledge from literally ANYBODY.
>>
>>25474296
I unironically live in DFW. But I thought everyone always put the parking break on out of habit?
>>
>>25476603
Practically nobody does
>>
>>25476609
Well I'll be.
I like pressing and pulling on it cause it feels...idk...like your in a plane or train or something.
>>
>>25473756
thats what ur mum says to me at night
>>
>>25474253
>You might as well try to act l ike metric is in any way superior when at best it's an autistic way to tie orthogonal units to natural phenomina that exist only under exact and therefore unrealistic and unreliable mutual conditions.
Kek
>>
>>25474257
Come to the states so we can teach your faggot ass how to drive.
>>
>>25473758
(You)
>>
>>25474304
>>25474312
>>25474793
>>25475176
>>25474115
>>25474159
>>25474877
ยง 545.404. UNATTENDED MOTOR VEHICLE. An operator may not leave the vehicle unattended without:

1. stopping the engine;
2. locking the ignition;
3. removing the key from the ignition;
4. setting the parking brake effectively; and
5. if standing on a grade, turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the highway.

why is texas so gay?
>>
>>25476603
I live on a steep hill, it is ingrained in me to pull the parking brake.
>>
What will happen if you press it when driving?
Legit question, I used a hand brake before and have no idea.
>>
Guarantee you it's just shit to keep corporate busy and impress the shareholders. Developing useless gimmicks makes it look like you're working hard and modernizing the product. Cars have evolved so far that the improvements are no longer happening in the chassis.
>>
>>25474274
No you shouldn't. Because it can get stuck and fuck you.
>>
>>25474035
I had to do this once when my rear brakes failed and all my brake fluid dumped out.
I had to pull up the parking brake very gently with the button depressed. The stupid part was that I was in BFE like 40 miles from home or a shop
>>
>be me, change to a Mercedes from an Audi
>park behind car on slight slope
>pull the ebrake, get out and walk away
>car starts rolling, bumps into other car
>damn thing is different than the Audi, had to push it instead

Fuck modern cars
>>
>>25473756
I agree. Electric parking brakes should be banned with a federal law. traditional mechanical parking brake the best and most reliable that can last whole lifetime of the car, these allow me to adjust the amount of how much to brake so it doesnt have to always be fully on or fully off.
>>
Two main reasons, imo
It's more difficult to service - Thus a regular person won't do it themselves and will have to spend money to have it fixed
They can market it as a premium feature and sell it for more, despite it being inferior to a lever in every regard

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.