[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why the fuck is Tesla so obscenely valuable?
They make pretty decent EVs, I give them that, but they're not anything special compared to the competition.
They don't make the fastest charging cars, the most efficient cars, their stuff is expensive compared to others.
Their lead in self-driving tech is questionable.

The vaportruck is still coming soon, despite competitors already shipping their trucks.

They barely make more EVs than the second biggest maker (VW), and will likely be overtaken in the Chinese market in a few years.

Their battery tech is about as good as their competition, 4680 is a meme, they're no closer on actual breakthroughs like solid state tech.

Their build qualiity and interiors are behind the competition.

All in all, considering the good thing things going for them, they make decent EVs, plus the meme magic of Daddy Musk, but I cannot imagine them being worth more than 1.5x VW or Toyota realistically.

Is there some actual reasoning behind this, this some HODL to the moon memery?

Ah and no retarded answers. like cherrypicking some obscure manufacturing tech like 'single piece castings', as rabid Tesloids usually do.
>>
value is subjective
>>
>>25473509
Try telling that to the cashier at checkout
>>
>>25473515
if you don't value something at the current price, you don't purchase it. whether you engage in theft or leave it be is up to you.
>>
Could it have something to do with the fact that they manufacture most if not all of their own parts? Whereas others on that list outsource a great deal of their parts to outside manufacturers and are beholden to supply chain issues and price increases, shipping etc.
>>
>>25473504
you are a redditor
you talk like a redditor
you make emotionally hysterical posts like a redditor
you space your post like a redditor
you are mentally a child
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 225x225)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>25473536
You are Tesla, owner or worse, a Musk fan.
>>
Every time Musk says something retarded, Tesla's stock price goes up because the internet is filled with a weird subset of finance nerds who are obsessed with tech despite being wholly ignorant of how it actually works, and they think the guy is the second coming.
>>
>>25473504
Because the stock market is just a ploy to make the rich richer, and these anomalies just further prove the case.
>>
>>25473504
Not going to read all that. But market cap is a measure of sentiment and doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with actual fundamentals.
>>
>>25473504
Because Tesla is not a car company.
They are a military contractor for the deep state. The sell them their surveillance data and help with "car accidents" of russian and chinese oligarchs.
>>
>>25473575
This. Same marketing as Apple.
>>
>>25473504
Investments that are seen as having a future of rising further often shoot up in price far beyond their current value, in anticipation of their future value.
It's the same reason fuel prices go batshit crazy when shit hasn't even happened yet, but when news that shit might be about to happen breaks.
>>
>>25473504
It's hobby money people who trade in hype as opposed to projected revenue. >>25473575
100% this
>>
>>25473504
Tesla makes 1/10th as much car as Toyota, but generated more profit than Toyota last quarter.

Tesla will grow to 20x its size in the next 10 years
Toyota will shrink by 1/2.

This is just Tesla's car business. If Tesla peaks out their car business, then they can expand their work on FSD/autonomy. If that peaks, they can expand on battery. If that peaks, solar. If that peaks, utility power. If that peaks, subscription model. If that peaks, robotics. If that peaks, etc.

So they've got 100x more growth venue.

Mark mark words, Tesla will become the most valuable company in the world by 2-3x factor in the next 10 years.
>>
>>25473504
Because it's a tech company not an auto company, and tech is extremely overvalued. If you have been paying attention to the stock market, tech has been signaling that it will do a .com collapse soon
>>
>>25473695
They're valued as a car company on growth projection right now. Software/tech isn't accounted for.
>>
>>25473718
To explain this, lets say Tesla wants to grow to 20% of car market. With ~30% profit margin, that's 6x more profit margin than car industry right now.

20% x 6 = 120% of car industry value. Hence that's the value of their shares.

If they unlock the software (FSD/autonomy) potential, the value will double or triple easily. Easily making Tesla a $3 trillion dollar company. If their solar/battery/utility scales up further, thats another recurring venue for cash. So Tesla has lots thats unaccounted for.

Prices are just ~8-10 years ahead of stock right now, excluding the software/non-car business side of things.
>>
>>25473504
>Why the fuck is Tesla so obscenely valuable?
They aren't. Things like market cap aren't accurate evaluations for the value of a company. This is merely perceived value. Its on par with Gamestop meme stocks. The company's value has fluctuated billions of dollars over a year despite the company not actually changing in any appreciable way.
>>
Sometimes I wish I was Elon so I can whip my dick out and have it immediately sucked by fanatical tesla fans
>>
>>25473725
>selling "luxury cars" to the silicon valley rich, able to make a huge profit because their cars are built like shit and have poor quality everything save for the batteries
>this can somehow be expanded to fill the mass market of cheap, dependable vehicles
>with the same profit margins
>assuming such rapid growth that their facilities literally could not manage it, even with their asenine projections of manufacturing growth
Do you even hear yourself? This is why the stock is so inflated.
>>
>>25473825
Meh, Musk has been right about everything for the last 20 years. Thats why he's the richest person on earth, most successful person on earth, and the running some of the most innovative companies on earth.

Betting against Musk has never paid off, and I don't see that paying off for the next 10 years either.

I'll consider your opinion worthy of consideration if you have more skin in the game, but you probably don't. Only losers hold loser mentality.
>>
File: 1591731413586.jpg (241 KB, 1080x1901)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>25473844
And what exactly has he been right about? His whole company has been propped up by lies. He's basically the Trump of the auto world. Think about that for a moment.

If people keep pumping billions of dollars into your company based on your promises, EVENTUALLY you're gonna be able to succeed in a subset of said promises. Doesn't mean that he's any better than anybody else: he's just a better salesman. This goes for SpaceX as well. Boring company is a nothing.

Now that other companies have started investing the R&D, they're absolutely eclipsing Tesla in every regard.
>>
>>25473897
You're only digging yourself deeper and deeper into conspiracy.

Wake up from your nightmare.
>>
Wall street doesn't give a fuck about about the physical, just hypothetical value that can be leveraged for more debt, and inflate the stock price higher than reddit day traders pumped GME. Gamestop is objectively a poor performing company but because there's so many big names and NPCs in the stock market, if enough of them buy, then the ether value skyrockets just like Tesla. Yet I'm not buying from gamestop, there's no roadster, no semi, they can't get their full auto driving software authorized by the USA and are reliant on electricity infrastructure owned by criminals like PG&E.
>>
They sell carbon credit to other car manufacturers you literal retards, thats where most of Tesla's income is coming from
>>
File: 1590582755706.jpg (72 KB, 1080x443)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>25473911
>teslabot can't even attempt to see truth
Lol.
Lmao.
It's not a conspiracy if it's proven fact. You couldn't even come up with an answer to the question at the top of the post.
>>
>>25473955
Keep being deluded lol.

While the Tesla machine prints out millions more cars each year. Your refusal to see only makes you seethe more at the Tesla machine.
>>
>>25473955
Your suffering happens because you refused to face the reality that Tesla is a successful company. You continue to cry about it and create suffering for yourself. All the while Tesla lives rent free in your head. Meanwhile, the Tesla chads are winners at life and living a happy and successful life.
>>
>>25473504
>but they're not anything special compared to the competition.
Yes they are. They stand out in terms of their drivetrain efficiency, performance, charging experience, interior space, and software support.
>>
File: 1556612280335.jpg (26 KB, 346x295)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>25473986
>thread about "why is Tesla stock so high"
>explain why
>RENT FREE
are you clinically diagnosed? Your argument for Tesla is the same that could be made for GME as >>25473935 said. That bubble may burst, or it may inflate long enough to be self-fulfilling. Doesn't make it not a bubble.

Still no response either. I see you've conceded my points. I accept your concession with grace and dignity.
>>
>>25473504
>They don't make the fastest charging cars
It doesn't matter how fast your cars charge if the owners can't charge them reliably and conveniently. Electrify America is the closest thing non-Tesla owners have and it's still far behind Tesla Supercharging in those two key areas.

>the most efficient cars
They're objectively the most efficient in their class. The Model Y gets around 130 MPGe. The vast majority of the rest of the competition including the Volkswagen ID.4 and Ford Mustang Mach-E hovers around the 90 MPGe mark or worse. The Porsche Taycan is one of the worst in terms of energy efficiency, second only to the GMC Hummer EV. The closest competitors to Tesla when it comes to efficiency are Hyundai and Kia and even then they still lag behind.

>their stuff is expensive compared to others.
I'd argue they're as cheap or cheaper than the competition. The Porsche Taycan, Lucid Air, and Mercedes EQS are tens of thousands of dollars more than the Tesla Model S. The BMW i4, Audi E-Tron, and Jaguar I-Pace are more expensive than the Tesla Model 3 or Model Y.

>Their lead in self-driving tech is questionable.
Nothing questionable about it. Just watch the YouTube channel AI DRIVR. There is absolutely no other system in any other car that you as a part of the general public can buy right now that is better.
>>
>>25474028
You only believe "Tesla stock so high" because you refuse to believe the reality that Tesla is successful and will be even more succcessful in the future.

Its just your denial thats showing up. You didn't magically think of "Tesla stock so high". You only did so because you believe Tesla shouldn't be so high. Otherwise, you'd be wondering why GM stock so high, Ford stock so high, etc. None of that enters your mind because you believe those are real companies. While you continue to believe in delusions/conspiracy theories about Tesla.

Thats your own suffering/hell you've created in your mind.
>>
>>25474080
For that matter, no one ever questioned the validity of any stock on /o/, except for Tesla.

Its just delusional and rentfree people claiming Tesla is fake/fraud/etc. These people will never accept reaity.
>>
>>25474091
>Tesla is fake/fraud
Of course it is fraud. Just not in a way you describe it. Have fun sending all your biometric data to the globalists.
>>
Because we're in a stock market bubble.
>>
>>25473504
They run it like a tech company, so lots of speculation. But when they crash, they crash like a meteor.
>>
>>25473515
So don't buy the product if you don't agree with the price and find something cheaper? The cashier doesn't decide what something is priced at.
>>
File: fed1651242981563.gif (258 KB, 498x280)
258 KB
258 KB GIF
pic related

also stock market manipulation
>>
>>25473504
pumped stocks and namebrand recognition. theyre not actually a ubiquitous vehicle for a common person, the same way most people dont own amy crypto
>>
>>25473504
Because retards who don't know anything think pedo musk is god and try to give the company money even if they can't afford the cars
>>
>>25473504
it became a meme like a lot of other shit, like animal shitcoins.
>>
>>25474080
>my belief is right and your belief is wrong despite me STILL not presenting even a hint of evidence that Tesla is actually worth the valuation
When your stock price is directly linked to the meme posts your CEO makes on twitter, your stock is not valued based on quantifiable metrics. Other brands are. Your concession is once again noted.
>>
>>25474442
You have a belief about Tesla stock being fake. The reality is, Tesla stock is where investors think it should be at.

You're just digging deeper into conspiracy thinking. Really.
>>
>>25474450
>where they think it should be at
I never disputed this. I'm disputing the idea that their valuation is based in reality as most other stocks are. See again GME for one of the most stark examples of how the true value of something means very little in the meme market. Tesla is very much a product of the meme market, not their ideas/tech/business plan (outside the plan of "let's be a meme").

Still no evidence to the contrary, I see. Let me just add this to your stack of concessions.
>>
>>25474473
GME is a gamed stock, literally and figuratively, in a positive direction.

Tesla was a gamed stock as well, but in a negative direction. Tesla's stock is where its at because shortsellers "funded" the stock and Tesla as they kept on losing for decades on end. Tesla was kept afloat because people really thought Tesla was fake/fraud/gonna bankrupt any day now/etc. So when their predictions, and now yours, didn't come true, they lost money. Tesla gained that money. They used that money to print out 3 new factories worth couple billions each for free. Now they're printing out million+ cars a year, and growing at the rate of 60-80% a year in both revenue and product, while still having a sky high profit margin.

Tesla has won. Conspiracy thinkers lost.
>>
>>25473504
Because Elon keeps teasing game-changing vehicles we'll never see and dumb ass tech tards keep believing it. Once this tech company-esque promises-you-can't-keep BS gets called, the house of cards will fall.

I would not recommend buying Tesla stock right now and if you have any, I'd sell honestly. It may go up some more, but before too much longer it will undoubtedly collapse.

In fact, I think Elon's Twitter purchase is more about getting his money the fuck out of Tesla more than any memes about free speech or making trannies seethe.
>>
>>25473504
Tesla is not saddled with social welfare Unions and the huge long term debts that unions create.

Biden and the democrats anger at Tesla lies in part with Tesla refusing to unionize in order to implement nearly mandatory diversity that the unions require and the other anti-racism requrement projects required with union contracts and worker strikes.
>>
>>25473504

Isn't the real question "Why isn't GM more valuable?" GM used to be far bigger than anyone else, yet they continued to shrink and fall. If diversity is strength and unions are strength, why did they shrink with all of those unbeatable strengths?
>>
>>25473536

fucking A
>>
>>25473504
Hello Plebbit.
>They make pretty decent EVs
>decent EVs
lmao no.
>>
File: 1606151018526.gif (734 KB, 220x220)
734 KB
734 KB GIF
>Why are tesla big
1. They have a fuckton of government bennies from around the world
2. Every US senator and congressman has dumped a ton of money into TSLA stock.
3. The electric car meme has caught on with the normalfags(It's normalfag, not normie. Normie is normalfag-speak for normalfag) and the normalfags think they invented the electric car, so obviously, they have to be the best!!! This is compounded by makers like Nissan building one out of a versa, ford building one out of an escape, and other automakers making their electric cars "X, BUT ELECTRIC!!!"
4. Cult of personality that evolved around the company by low-t bugmen that also helps pump the stock and keeps the company's reputation online nearly spotless
5. China cannot get enough of tesla because eventhough they're made by people locked in the factory like fucking slaves, the chinsects view tesla as a "western" brand which means you're someone who's made it if you can afford to drive something foreign. This is the same reason buick is one of the biggest brands in covidland and GM decided to axe saturn and pontiac instead of buick.

tl;dr the worst people on earth got together to stan one big gay golfcart.
>>
>>25474599
Model S
Model X
Model 3
Model Y

And now on the horizon, also Cybertruck/Roadsters/Semi
>>
>>25474769
>It's normalfag, not normie. Normie is normalfag-speak for normalfag
bullshit, normie is a term with tradition, normalfag is fake homophobia
>>
>>25473504
Basically what >>25473575 said. Tesla is the Apple of cars
>>
>>25474450
lol you're a tard if you think it's where investors think it should be 95%+ of telsa investors probably know shit all about their financials or how they sum up to competition and just buy it because it's the most well know ev exclusive brand at the moment
>>
>>25474849
Sounds like you're offloading your own conspiracy thinking to others. Thats sad and pathetic.
>>
>>25473504
They're a tech company selling cars as a service. See if you can actually wrench on your Tesla or disconnect it from the botnet.
>>
>>25474490
>Tesla gained that money
>shortsellers propping up stock
You have NO IDEA how the stock market works and it shows.
My stack of concessions grows, anon.
>>
>>25474798
The cybertruck, roadster, and semi are the cars we'll never see because the SEXY cars won't stop catching on fire.

Retards like you are the ones that keep propping up the stocks, you are too stupid to realize that the delays are really "this ain't ever fucking happening"
>>
>>25474849
You could have brought Bill Gates shorting the stock recently despite his intention on going long because he thought the valuation is too high, but you just keep embarassing yourself.
>>
>>25475145
Sounds like you're just mad that Tesla is printing millions of cars a year now.
>>
Vaportruk is never coming.
>>
>>25475220
>X is never coming
>3 is never coming
>Y is never coming

The list grows. If Elon is planning to mass-produce a fucking rocket for mars, they can do a truck.
>>
File: 1649169856155.jpg (23 KB, 600x600)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>25475650
nigger beleives he's gunna ride a spacex rocket to uranus
>>
>>25473504
They aren't.
>inb4 muh share price
I know, they still aren't that valuable as an auto manufacturer.
>>
>>25474798
>Semi
Ah yes the long promised electric semi truck that will somehow have magical batteries that ignore all laws of physics
Scania (an actual truck maker) already makes electric trucks, they're 30 tonnes empty and have a range of 150km with a 12 hour charge time. They won't be viable for decades short of overhead line trolleybus style freeways
>>
>>25473504
I’m about to dump my newer civic Si for the TM3 performance simply because they don’t have much upkeep, no gas, and faster than 80% of any Car ever made
>>
>>25473897
Yeah you’re opinion is pretty flawed dude. Musk has done more positive for the human race and the world than most billionaires
>>
If you want to make a shit load of money over the next two years, short Tesla.
>>
>>25475857
>Scania
You don't understand, Tesla isn't some kind of legacy brand who doesn't know what they're doing with electric. Tesla has access to the greatest minds in the world where the legacy truck brands just put any old motor and batteries into a platform and call it an EV truck. The semi will release later this year/early next year with a 1000 mile range and weigh not much more than a conventional truck because technology moves fast Tesla aren't old fashioned
>>
>>25475973
>The semi will release later this year/early next year with a 1000 mile range and weigh not much more than a conventional truck because technology moves fast

Two more weeks
>>
File: 1652313911535.png (64 KB, 723x555)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
I'll just leave this here. Normies are so fucking stupid when it comes to financial markets. They think bubbles can last forever. And choose to be completely ignorant of what happens when the bubble pops.
Majority of Americans have lived through 2008 gfc yet none of them seem to actually fucking remember it happening lmfao.
Watch what happens when the free money printing machine stops running and the fed starts with the interest rate hikes.
>>
>>25473986
Is not that is not successful is that is overvalued, tesla makes mediocre products but their stock is more valuable than their competitors, that the problem, that tesla shouldn't be successful
retard fagg
>>
>>25475959
Most billionaires pay more in taxes than Musk.. And most billionaires dont take as much from the tax payers as Musk. So no, he doesnt do more good than anyone else.
>>
>>25475968
Elon himself has already minimised his position in TSLA, the retards just don't know it yet and are too wrapped up in his free speech hyperbole
>>
>>25476000
Keep the retard normies occupied with their circus while the billionaires prepare to exit all markets.
Its going to be so bloody.
>>
This is also true of Rolex. Normies don't know anything, they look at everything on face value and can't in to rational thought.
>>
>>25475998
>Most billionaires pay more in taxes than Musk
They don't. They all follow the same rules for capital gains tax or whatever the fuck taxes when they sell their stock. Unless they don't follow the rules.

>And most billionaires dont take as much from the tax payers as Musk
You don't know what you're talking about, do you?
>>
>>25476000
>Elon himself has already minimised his position in TSLA
No? Everytime he must sell stock he gets an option to buy back stock at a discount which he has.
>>
>>25476222
Im not talking about capital gains. Im talking about tax credits because climate change bullshit and all the money tesla got from the government in grants to indirectly cause irreparable damage to the landscape thanks to the resources needed to build plastic battery shitboxes that dont last longer than a decade.
>>
>>25476241
>Im talking about tax credits because climate change bullshit
Literally don't hate the player, hate the game.
>and all the money tesla got from the government in grants
A lot of autos get grants bro for many reasons.
>indirectly cause irreparable damage to the landscape
There will always be damage to the environment even if the mines are in the middle of nowhere. Don't preach when big oil fucks up land and sea far and wide.
>>
>>25476241
>tax credits
Tesla doesn't get any of that. The consumer gets it.
>>
>>25476234
Great job completely missing the point.
>>
>>25473504
>The vaportruck is still coming soon
ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahhaahhaahhaahahhaha
I took a ride in the F150 Lightning and that was an absolute blast. I doubt cybertruck can compare.
>>
>>25476287
Vaporware truck will go full Intel Alchemist. It'll constantly get delayed until their competition is already releasing products that far out do CT.
>>
>>25476287
>I doubt cybertruck can compare.
If the Rivian can compare, then the leader in EVs can do better.
>>
>>25476547
They haven't done better in terms of getting a pre production model out so far
>>
>>25475959
>still no evidence or even a shitty biased blog screenshot
Just adding to this stack. My lord, gonna need some stabilizers lest this stack fall over.

Musk's assumed philanthropies have nothing to do with the valuation of Tesla stock, you moron. Or, more accurately, SHOULD have nothing to do with the stock. You thinking it does is yet another proof that it's a meme stock not based in the true value of the company/products.
>>
>>25476250
>A lot of autos get grants bro for many reasons.
This is true. I also think that the government should have let GM and Chrysler die.
>>
>>25475994
You are living in some conspiracy world where Tesla is fake, fraud, overvalued. You believe in something that is counter to reality. Counter to what millions who buy Tesla every year live their daily life.

Its a delusion. Not just "A" delusion, but you've created a grand delusion where by you connect a series of delusions to justify the initial delusion.
>>
>>25476626
>to believe Tesla is overvalued means you think they're fake!
Elon Stans are weird

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.